Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
M4C8

Re: Jab’s Builds (Food Fighters! Barnyard Commandos! Battle Trolls! Battle Beasts!)

Post by M4C8 »

I owned about 20 of them IIRC but they weren't one of the toys I specifically collected as a kid. I've always suspected they were one of the most regularly stolen toys back in the late 80's to mid 90's, stolen primarily from car boot sales (are they a thing outside the UK?)
Last edited by M4C8 on Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Food Fighters! Barnyard Commandos! Battle Trolls! Battle Beasts!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Hillariously, the infamous Headmasters dub managed to misname White Leo/Pirate Lion as "Commander Sheep".
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Here's a list I compiled of all the animals used in the line.

Battle Beasts:
Dogs: Generic Dog, Bulldog, Fox, Pointer
Cats: Lion, Tiger, Jaguar (both red & blue variants), Sabre-Toothed Tiger, Panther
Rodents: Porcupine, Beaver, Mouse, Flying Squirrel
Bears: Brown Bear, Polar Bear, Panda Bear
Mustelids: Weasel, Skunk
Marsupials (Koala, Kangaroo)
Primates: Gorilla, Mandrill, Orangutan, Tarsier
Cows: Bison, Water/Cape Buffalo, Muskox, Cow
Ungulates: Rhino, Serow (Deer), Horse, Bighorn Sheep, Giraffe, Hippo, Boar, Pig, Moose, Tapir, Antelope, Camel, Zebra
Other Mammals: Rabbit, Bat, Elephant, Mole, Walrus, Raccoon, Aardvark, Sloth, Armadillo, Pangolin, Anteater, Platypus
Birds: Bird (eagle?), Duck, Hawk, Rooster, Flamingo, Owl, Crow, Penguin
Fish: Shark, Carp, Seahorse
Reptiles: Alligator, Tortoise, Snake, Cobra, Iguana, Chameleon, Frilled Lizard
Amphibians: Toad
Others: Crab, Spider, Octopus, Cuttlefish

Laser Beasts:
Dogs: Wolf, Ibizan Hound
Cats: Tiger, Brown Lion, Housecat (Grencats), Cougar
Rodents: Mouse
Ungulates: Rhino, Goat (Hornhead), Reindeer
Primates: Proboscis Monkey, Capuchin/Howler Monkey, Baboon (Mantfrenzy)
Other Mammals: Black Bear (Hustlebear), Mole, Common Long-Eared Bat, Narwhal (Dragon Seahorn), Humpback Whale (Sea Panic)
Birds: Condor, Bald Eagle, Scarlet Macaw, Owl
Fish: Sawshark, Flying Fish, Salmon, Stingray (Grin Reefer)
Reptiles: Green Alligator, Jackson's Chameleon
Others: Centipede (Shool), Japanese Tiger Prawn (Zariganian), Grasshopper, Dragonfly, Tyrannosaurus, Pteranodon, Dragon

Vehicles:
Riding Vehicles: Green Deer, Blue Ram, Orange Tiger
Bases: Blue Shark, Red Phoenix, Brown Wood Beetle
KorokoMystia

Re: Troll Fighters

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:14 am Image

TROLL FIGHTERS:
-The horrendous Troll Fighters were a Battle Trolls knock-off by German company Simba in the early '90s. These are blatantly just Troll-ish heads on He-Man bodies- the silhouette is a dead giveaway. The line includes the Troll Hero, Captain Redbart, Doc Troll & King Trollander, while the mulicolored villainous trolls are Troll of Darkness (red), Green Evil (green), Trouble Troll (blue) & Shocking Troll (purple). All are armed with swords & shields, and are INCREDIBLY derpy- the faces appear to be molded improperly, and many are oversized.
They also appear to be using bodies and accessories from the infamous Galaxy Warriors line of He-Man bootlegs..that has a ridiculous amount of variants, alternate lines, and bootlegs of bootlegs.
Shock

Post by Shock »

ImageImage

Only one is missing an arm but I still have the arm so I should probably glue it back on. I also have a ziploc full of the weapons though I have long since forgotten which goes with which.

The weapons are really odd. Most of them look like swords and axes. Others seem like a handle with random points and struts sticking out of it. No idea where they came up with the idea for those.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

So I decided to look up which shows did well and which ones didn't, by # of episodes. Some of the results are kinda surprising.

Over 100:
The Smurfs (258)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (193)
The Real Ghostbusters (140)
G.I. Joe (134- 95 Sunbow/44 DiC)
ThunderCats (130)
He-Man & The Masters of the Universe (130)
Captain Planet & The Planteers (113)
Alvin & The Chipmunks (102)

More Than 65:
The Transformers (98)
She-Ra: Princess of Power (93)

65 Episodes:
Jem & The Holograms
Bionic Six
The Centurions
Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors
Dinosaucers
COPS
Ghostbusters (Filmation)
Police Academy
Challenge of the Gobots
The Snorks

13-65 Episodes:
Care Bears (60)
Extreme Dinosaurs (52)
The Adventures of T-REX (52)
ALF (26- ALF, 21- ALF Tales)
Mighty Max (46)
Street Sharks (40)
My Little Pony 'n' Friends (33- 65 15-minute episodes plus 3 specials)
It's Punky Brewster (26)
Kidd Video (26)
Inhumanoids (25)
Popples (22- 44 15-minute segments)

13 Episodes:
Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light
Toxic Crusaders
Stone Protectors
Barnyard Commandos
My Pet Monster
Sky Commanders
Rainbow Brite
Glo Friends (26 15-minute segments)
The Get Along Gang
The California Raisins
Pole Position
Rubik: The Amazing Cube
ProStars
The Wuzzles

TV Specials:
Strawberry Shortcake (6)
Madballs (2)

Observations:
* How in the motherf*ck did DINOSAUCERS AND JAYCE earn 65 episodes each?

* I'm finding it curious just how many shows manage the full 65-episode orders. That's obviously TV standard for a big series, but even failed lines seem to get that many unless they're truly dumped by the studios. Like shows I've never heard of as a kid managed to get those. Forgotten toylines like Bionic Six hit 65!

* 13 episodes seems like the determination of failure- like if you can't get more than THAT, it means some exec saw the first episode and cancelled the project immediately. Or if the early Christmas rollout of the toys is disappointing and so the whole thing dies.

* Good lord... Visionaries gets only 13 episodes and then we never see it again. A show that well-made... and goddamn EXTREME DINOSAURS makes 52. And so does T-Rex, possibly the most asinine show ever created! There ain't no justice in the world!

* I love how the ALF craze was so huge that there were actually TWO ALF cartoons running simultaneously- one set on Melmac and the other being a "Fractured Fairy Tales" retelling with Melmacians in the roles of the characters.

* Checking out the long-runners, I'd not realized that Alvin & the Chipmunks predates most of these other toons by years, then outlasted most of them! I remember it being on CONSTANTLY, though. ThunderCats outlasting Transformers by ages is weird to me. TMNT really got a lot of headwind, producing 40+ episodes a year for 2-3 years before slowing down as the franchise faded.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:41 pm Only one is missing an arm but I still have the arm so I should probably glue it back on. I also have a ziploc full of the weapons though I have long since forgotten which goes with which.

The weapons are really odd. Most of them look like swords and axes. Others seem like a handle with random points and struts sticking out of it. No idea where they came up with the idea for those.
The weapons actually have tiny numbers on them corresponding with each creature (who also has a number on them somewhere)- that will help. The one that looks like a piece of tree is the Giraffe's.

The Toy Archive is by far the best resource, however: http://www.toyarchive.com/BattleBeasts/ ... asts1.html

They also sold child-sized weapons. I love the slogan- parents must have loved THAT: http://toyarchive.com/BattleBeasts/Othe ... apon1.html
Jabroniville

Wrinkles

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh hey, it looks like I don't have some of these.

WRINKLES:
Created By: Ganz Bros.
Era: 1981-85

-Wrinkles are a line of plush dolls from Canadian company Ganz Bros, based around the distinctive wrinkled faces of hound dogs- these scrunched up, extra-folded muzzles were kind of the trademark. Most dolls were about 18 inches high and could also be used as hand puppets- there werer also 9" toys, 2-foot dolls, and a distinctive set of PVC figurines, which is how *I* recognize them. These Wrinkles figures were not that numerous, but sported the distinctive wrinkled faces on multi-colored creatures that were engaged in tennis, baseball, ballet, or being a cowboy or a clown. Naturally I had a lot of them, similar to my Get Along Gang figures (they're about the same size).

As knock-offs were a big industry concern back then, "authenticity" was proven with a bone-shaped symbol embroidered into the ear. A TV movie was released that I've never heard of before now, too.
Jabroniville

Madballs

Post by Jabroniville »

MADBALLS:
Created By: American Greetings Company
Era: 1985

-As I've gone into many times before, the notion of "Gross-Out" toys for boys has long since been a thing, and once parents' groups lost a bit of power, the '80s saw a veritable smorgasbord of hideous, veiny, oozing atrocities sold to help boys gross out their sisters. 1985 saw the American Greetings Company get in on the act, as one of their subsidiaries created "Madballs", about a bunch of gross-looking rubber/foam bouncy balls with horrible faces. Amazingly, "They're balls, but like... gross" was a huge hit, resulting in Madballs showing up in comic books (a ten-issue series from Marvel's Star Comics imprint), a pair of straight to VHS cartoons, and video games! None of which I've seen because I only remember the toys.

There were two series of Madballs, each with eight balls, then a collection of SUPER Madballs, which had larger versions shaped like other sports balls, like a football, soccer ball, and more. Though they were popular for a time, the fad was over quickly and it left little effect on pop culture. Even remakes were short-lived, even as stuff like the "Grossery Gang" and various fart-based toys are now common. In 2006, Art Asylum made some (with some modifications), as well as two new Madballs- the reptilian Repvile and pirate Blech Beard. A series of shorts hit YouTube in 2017 featuring Skullface, Horn Head, Screamin' Meemie, Oculus Orbus, Dust Brain and Slobulus.

SERIES ONE:
Screamin' Meemie: A screaming baseball with a large tongue. Depicted as the leader in the VHS tape.
Slobulus: A drooling green creature with one eye hanging out of its socket.
Aargh: A one-eyed blue-skinned Frankenstein monster-esque creature with stitching all over its face.
Horn Head: A horned cyclops with a nose ring (which is chained to its ear in the Art Asylum era).
Dust Brain: A mummy with rotting teeth and wrinkly teal skin.
Oculus Orbus: A bloodshot eyeball (later sporting a mouth in the Just Play era).
Skull Face: A skull with large eye sockets sporting tiny red eyes, a big set of teeth, and a partially exposed brain (which is depicted as a sentient being named Lobe in the Just Play era).
Bash Brain: A gory zombie head with a partially exposed brain. This Madball was originally named "Crack Head", but was changed for... obvious reasons.
Freakella: Since it was a "Boys line", the girl character from the cartoon never got made. She was a Bride of Frankenstein-ish purple girl voiced by Cree Summer.

SERIES TWO:
Snake Bait: A forked tongue-sporting gorgon (later depicted in the Just Play era as a monster being devoured by a snake).
Freaky Fullback: A mutant football player.
Splitting Headache: A monster with the skin on half of its face peeled off.
Bruise Brother: An ugly biker with a battered blue helmet.
Wolf Breath: A werewolf with large, rotten fangs dripping with blood (drool in the Art Asylum era). Leader of the evil "Badballs" in the VHS.
Fist Face: A severed hand clutching an eyeball (later depicted as a severed hand with an eyeball emerging from the wrist in the Just Play era).
Swine Sucker: An ugly, drooling wild boar.
Lock Lips: A creature with its jaw locked shut and one eye covered by a riveted plate.

SUPER MADBALLS:
Touchdown Terror: An American football with a manic grin and missile-like fins and tip.
Goal Eater: A soccer ball with very large pointed teeth.
Foul Shot: A basketball bursting open to reveal a face with worms crawling out of one eye socket.

HEAD-POPPING MADBALLS:
* Posable figures who could swap heads- Dust Brain, Skull Face, Screamin' Meemie, Oculus Orbus, Horn Head, Slobulus, Bruise Brother, Wolf Breath and Lock Lips.

ITALIAN MADBALLS (2009):
* A random assortment produced in Europe. Miniature-sized, about like a golf ball.

Scum Chum: A mutant anglerfish.
Brain Rot: A zombie scientist.
Creep Frog: A horrid frog with a mouthful of mini-beasts.
Flea Bag: A hideous dog/cat hybrid.
Spews Ooze: A psychotic dragon impaled with weapons and armor.
Deck Head: A skater speared with a skateboard.
Eye Sore: An abomination with mouths for eyes and eyes for a mouth.
Spit Bull: A branded rabid bull.
Racket Attack: A mauled tennis player.
Fang Thang: A saber-toothed cat eating a caveman.
Sidney369

Re: Wrinkles

Post by Sidney369 »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:03 pm Image

Oh hey, it looks like I don't have some of these.

WRINKLES:
Created By: Ganz Bros.
Era: 1981-85

-Wrinkles are a line of plush dolls from Canadian company Ganz Bros, based around the distinctive wrinkled faces of hound dogs- these scrunched up, extra-folded muzzles were kind of the trademark. Most dolls were about 18 inches high and could also be used as hand puppets- there werer also 9" toys, 2-foot dolls, and a distinctive set of PVC figurines, which is how *I* recognize them. These Wrinkles figures were not that numerous, but sported the distinctive wrinkled faces on multi-colored creatures that were engaged in tennis, baseball, ballet, or being a cowboy or a clown. Naturally I had a lot of them, similar to my Get Along Gang figures (they're about the same size).

As knock-offs were a big industry concern back then, "authenticity" was proven with a bone-shaped symbol embroidered into the ear. A TV movie was released that I've never heard of before now, too.
I remember seeing 5'-6' foot versions of them in the Sears Christmas catalog.
Always ask before you use someone's Original Character.
Never ever use them without permission. Only Villains do that.
Jabroniville

Boglins

Post by Jabroniville »

BOGLINS:
-Another in the "Gross-Out" toys was 1985's Boglins, from Mattel. They were a set of gross rubber hand-puppets with glass eyes and rubbery hands, set up to look like goblins. I only ever knew one kid who had one, but they were apparently around for NINE YEARS (!!), with aquatic, Halloween, Glowing and "Baby" Boglins released for ages. However, it looks like their success was more overseas, as their US run was only a couple of years long. Their boxes were set up like cages with plastic "jail bars", adding to the "oooooh, you shouldn't HAVE these!" that makes toys desirable to young boys. 1991 saw Mini Boglins, which were more or less knock-offs of Monster In My Pocket- single-color PVC figurines. Various attempts have been made to revive the concept, with short-lived ones in 2000 & 2017, and a Kickstarter is currently active for another revival.
Jabroniville

Bionic Six

Post by Jabroniville »

Fanart by Fortress of Solitude & Matt Sinowicz.

THE BIONIC SIX:
Created By: LJN
Era: 1987

-A property that's languished in obscurity for decades, and even now has almost zero following (for example, there was no DVD release at all!), Bionic Six is about a family of cyborgs created through a combination of Japanese & American companies. Most of what I remember of the toys is POSSIBLY seeing one figure at the old YMCA, and remarking upon just how incredibly HEAVY it was. A 65-episode animated series was commissioned to sell the toys, directed by renowned Japanese director Osamu Dezaki, "and his distinctive style (as seen in Golgo 13 and Cobra) is evident throughout all its episodes" according to Wikipedia.

The series was supposed to be a sequel to The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman, featuring the Austin family as the two main characters of those shows get married. However, this was done away with, and instead we got a married couple and their four children and robot helper gorilla, all given bionic parts after exposure to radiation left them comatose.

The line had thirteen figures (the Bionic Six, their gorilla, and six villains), two small vehicles, two "laser-interactive" flying chairs (think Captain Power), a van, and a large playset, but just came out at the wrong time- with Transformers & G.I. Joe at the height of their power, nothing was touching them. "Toy Galaxy" brings up that there was no video game nor comic book series to drum up hype, and LJN at the time was bought by one company and then sold to another, but I think in general the "Family of Superhero Cyborgs" thing just wasn't doing it on its own. You'll note that The Incredibles and Fantastic Four, who marketably pulled off "Superhero Families", both have far more going for them than just that, and also delve into the personal interactions of the family members as being part of the core.

The Cast:
JACK BENNETT (Bionic-1): An expert pilot & engineer. Had Bionic Eyes for X-Ray Vision, Telescopic Sight, Energy Blasts (!!), and beams that could cause electronics to malfunction.
HELEN BENNETT (Mother-1): Jack's wife- an oceanographer & marine biologist. Had ESP powers to glimpse the future and project illusions.
ERIC BENNETT (Sport-1): Jack & Helen's natural-born son- can repel and attract objects magnetically, and use metallic objects as impromptu baseball bats in combat.
MEG BENNETT (Rock-1): Jack & Helen's natural-born daughter- shoots out Sonic Beams and is the fastest member by far. Prone to adding "Mega-" or "Ultra-" prefixes to everything because it was the '80s.
JAMES DWIGHT COREY (IQ): Adopted black son. Amateur boxer and incredibly smart, and is also the strongest member by a large margin.
BUNJIRO "BUNJI" TSUKAHARA (Karate-1): Japanese foster son- his father was lost (possibly having ascended to a higher plane of existence). The most agile member and best fighter.
F.L.U.F.F.I.: A robotic gorilla who acts as the Bennett family housekeeper. Comically devours metal objects and is comic relief in general.

Villains:
DOCTOR SCARAB: A fat, egotistical evil scientist.
GLOVE: Purple-skinned villain with a blaster glove. Even Wikipedia makes fun of how his strength varied (sometimes equal to Jack, other times able to take Jack & Bunji at once).
MADAME-O: Blue-skinned femme fatale with a harp that fired sonic blasts.
MECHANIC: A childish brute using tools as weapons- rivet guns, saw blade shooters, and a giant wrench.
CHOPPER: Chain-wielding biker thug.
KLUNK: Patchwork creation made of living glue who can barely speak. Incredibly strong and can engulf opponents.
CYPHRONS: Scarab's legions of robot drone warriors.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I remember liking the Bionic Six though I don't remember any details and definitely don't remember the monkey at all. I do remember the figures being heavy but can't even remember which ones we had.
Jabroniville

The Centurions

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CENTURIONS:
Created By: Kenner
Era: 1986-87

-What happens when you combine Jack Kirby, Gil Kane & Japanese Mecha, then forget entirely about it for 30 years? CENTURIONS! This was a Kenner toyline and a Ruby-Spears cartoon series, lasting a full 65 episodes but kind of being forgotten. The concept was about a trio (later expanded) of guys wearing suits full of peg-holes. These holes were holsters for a series of variable weapon-suits that could be beamed down to them for varied purposes- the point was to sell action figures of the guys and then the various "sets" they could don.

Kirby & Kane did the design and concept work, with a Japanese mecha director doing the full character designs. Ruby-Spears made the show and DC made the comic series, and we were off... and then the toyline died. See, the figures were decent enough- I remember being impressed by the green guy at the "Y"- but overally it wasn't interesting enough to lure anyone away from the Transformers or G.I. Joe. This was just a quickie little toyline with interchangeable figures and a cheap gimick, and kids all kinda knew it.

The plot is that a cyborg mad scientist named Dr. Terror wants to conquer Earth and turn everyone into robot slaves. A trio of men in "Exo-Frames" oppose him, showing "PowerXtreme!" and fusing with variable weapon systems.

You could buy the main three dudes, plus four extra weapons systems each, and the Skybolt jet. The villains had the super-assymetrical Dr. Terror (who had a weird robot head beside his normal one) and Hacker, who are both cyborgs whose robotic halves can be swapped. Their vehiciles include the Strafer jet and mobile mech-suit Traumatizer.

CENTURION
Role:
Hardsuit-Wielder
Group Affiliations: The Centurions
PL 8 (125)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 10 (+12)
Expertise (Soldier) 8 (+9)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+5)
Vehicles 7 (+9)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Centurion Hardsuit" (Flaws: Removable) [42]
Protection 4 (4)
"Power Xtreme!" Variable 8 (Suit Gear) (Flaws: Limited to One Type of Activity) (35)
-- (52 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Suit Blasters +8 (+6-8 Ranged Damage, DC 21-23)
Missiles +6-8 Area (+6-8 Ranged Damage, DC 21-23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+7 Centurion Hardsuit), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (The Other Side)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 10 (125)

-I never watched the show, so this is a "Best Guess" for adventuring combat guys.

The Characters:
MAX RAY: Mustached sea operations commander and overall Team Leader. "The Green One". His suits: Cruiser (sea assault weapon: Radar, Swimming 8, Missiles +7 Burst Area), Tidal Blast (surface attack: Swimming 6/Semi-Aquatic, Lesion Cannon +8, Shark Missiles +7 Area), Depth Charger (deep sea missions: Immune to Pressure, Aqua Cannons +6, Torpedos +7 Burst Area, Hydromine- Triggered Burst Area +8), Sea Bat (has lots of missiles on it from the toy), Fathom Fan (Airboat with skims & weapons: Lasers +5, Torpedoes +7 Blast Area- no toy).

JAKE ROCKWELL: "Rugged" land operations specialist and a passionate idealist with "a strong moral compass" but a short fuse, always arguing with the cocky Ace. "The Yellow One". His suits: Fireforce (land assault: Twin Laser Cannons +7, Plasma Repulsar +8), Wild Weasel (motorcycle: Protection +2, Off-Road Capabilities, Tracking Unit, Anti-Aircraft specialty Favored Foe, Speed 6, Land Lasers +5), Detonator (heavy artillery: Sonic Ray Gun +8, Freeze Ray- Affliction 8), Swingshot (Armored Tank: Wall-Crawling Treads, Howitzer +7 Multiattack), Hornet (assault helicopter: surveillance, Flight 6, Sidewinder Missiles +8 Burst Area).

ACE McLOUD: With that name, he could only be a pilot. Cocky but brave womanizer who always argues with Jake. "The Blue One". His suits: Skyknight (Flight 7, Sinstrel Missiles +8 Burst Area, Laser Cannons +7, Laser Bombs +7 Burst Area), Orbital Interceptor (Space Capabilities/Immunities, Flight 8, Particle Beam Deflectors +8, Particle Beam Missile +8 Burst Area), Skybolt (Air Reinforcement: Flight 8, Tracking, Recon, Galactic Missiles +8 Burst Area- Rear Attack Capability), Strato Strike (??).

-The team was later expanded to include Rex Charger, a red & green-suited black guy who was an "Energy Programmer" using the Electro Charger & Gatling Guard; and John Thunder, a black-suited guy who was an Infiltration Commander with the Silent Arrow & Thunder Knife. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he was Native American. *checks* YUP. They are backed up by Crystal Kane at base command, along with Jake's dog Shadow and Lucy the orangutan, who has a harness that shoots missiles. Ace constantly pursues Crystal, much to her annoyance, but finally demonstrates affection and finally love for him- they kiss in one of the later episodes. Their base is the orbiting space station "Sky Vault".
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Battle Beasts! Madballs! Bionic Six! Centurions!)

Post by Jabroniville »

The Wiki page for the Centurions is kind of funny, because it mentions almost literally nothing on the CHARACTERS, but spends paragraph after paragraph talking about the gear. Kind of says it all, right?

Max Ray
Jack Rockwell
Ace McCloud
Rex Charger
John Thunder

At least it shares pictures of all their gear so I don't have to post it all!