Jab’s Builds! (Whomp 'Em! Plumbers Don't Wear Ties! ToeJam & Earl!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Curbludgeon

Re: Jab’s Builds (Battle Beasts! Madballs! Bionic Six! Centurions!)

Post by Curbludgeon »

There's an alternate dimension somewhere in which the same company owned both Centurions and Jace and the Wheeled Warriors, and gave them all the same diameter mounting pegs.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Food Fighters! Barnyard Commandos! Battle Trolls! Battle Beasts!)

Post by Jabroniville »

M4C8 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:36 am I owned about 20 of them IIRC but they weren't one of the toys I specifically collected as a kid. I've always suspected they were one of the most regularly stolen toys back in the late 80's to mid 90's, stolen primarily from car boot sales (are they a thing outside the UK?)
Never heard of those- I assume people just did parking lot sales from the "boot" of the car (the "trunk" in North America). It's mostly a UK phenomenon according to Wikipedia.

But yeah I can assume pocket-sized figures are easy to steal. However, they were sold in two-packs on cardboard, so it would be more difficult to swipe those.
brothersale

Re: Jab’s Builds (Food Fighters! Barnyard Commandos! Battle Trolls! Battle Beasts!)

Post by brothersale »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:03 pm
More Than 65:
The Transformers (98)
I get 214 and one movie by my count for gen 1 transformers according to wikipedia, it only drops to 98 when the japanese continuations are not included and they still made the toys of them that were sold internationally and they did eventually dubbed/sub the episodes, can say i recall those episodes but i do recall seeing one of the villians in store (Overlord)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

brothersale wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:58 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:03 pm
More Than 65:
The Transformers (98)
I get 214 and one movie by my count for gen 1 transformers according to wikipedia, it only drops to 98 when the japanese continuations are not included and they still made the toys of them that were sold internationally and they did eventually dubbed/sub the episodes, can say i recall those episodes but i do recall seeing one of the villians in store (Overlord)
I'm just going off of Wikipedia and not so much the Japanese stuff that went way off the rails in a lot of ways.
Jabroniville

The Get Along Gang

Post by Jabroniville »

aka: GroupThink, the TV series.

THE GET ALONG GANG:
Created By: American Greetings
Era: 1982-1987

-Yet another in the long list of dumb cartoons Young Jab was OBSESSED with, here's the Get Along Gang, who is another American Greetings thing meant to sell cards. They were a band of anthropomorphic animal characters from Green Meadow, who form a club that meets in an abandoned caboose and is all about being Communists. I mean, "getting along". Their stories were all about teamwork and friendship, see. This show was specifically called out by Mark Evanier in this article, for it was emblematic of the stuff he was forced to do while writing for cartoons- "The Complainer is Always Wrong"- someone had to be a negative influence and go against what the others wanted, and that person always had to be incorrect and made to see the light.

The characters got a toyline of single-piece plastic figurines, 5" action figures with movable limbs, 12" plush dolls, characters you could clip onto bags, and more, and appeared on CBS for a thirteen-episode series in 1984-85 (each had two separate stories), and I recall being a HUGE fan of it- I owned all of the figurines, but never knew of any other toys, and remember distinctly seeing the show's closing credits, which featured the gang running around. This was, however, the first time I recall hearing about a show being CANCELLED- since I wanted to see more of it, I recall asking my parents when it was on, or how I could see more of it- I was then informed by my dad that "I think it's been cancelled". At the time, I hadn't really considered that a show could END, you see. Given the timeline, I would have been about 4-5 years old.

Most of the stories (in books and the show) involve dealing with local asshole Catchum Crocodile and his sneaky sidekick Leland- these were not given toys.

The Characters (and their disruptive flaws that need to be restrained for more GroupThink):
MONTGOMERY MOOSE: The leader and most well-designed character. Somewhat awkward.
DOTTY DOG: The second-in-command. A cheerleader who is optimistic and cheerful, but can be quick to judge.
ZIPPER CAT: Athletic cat who plays the "tough guy".
PORTIA PORCUPINE: Curious but prone to tantrums.
BINGO BEAVER: Prankster and gambler who makes bad bets.
WOOLMA LAMB: Ballerina. Vain & vision-obsessed.
BRAKER TURTLE: Smart & sensible, and the fastest runner. Only occasionally shows up in the cartoon.
ROCCO RABBIT: A reformed bully with a tough exterior.
RUDYARD LION: Foreign exchange studen with a crush on Woolma.
FLORA FOX: Botanist/photographer. Extroverted and will always speak her mind.
BERNICE BEAR: Sensible neat freak.
LOLLY SQUIRREL: Rich daughter of a candy factory owner. Tattletale.
CATCHUM CROCODILE: Villainous liar and prankster. Selfish and mean.
LELAND LIZARD: Catchum's sneaky sidekick.
HOCUS HARE & POCUS POSSUM: A pair of magicians who showed up on the greeting cards near the end of the line.
THE ADULTS: Adults include a bulldog police officer, an old goat who runs the ice cream parlor (another local hangout), their teacher (Miss Deering), and the town mayor.
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:16 pm
M4C8 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:36 am I owned about 20 of them IIRC but they weren't one of the toys I specifically collected as a kid. I've always suspected they were one of the most regularly stolen toys back in the late 80's to mid 90's, stolen primarily from car boot sales (are they a thing outside the UK?)
Never heard of those- I assume people just did parking lot sales from the "boot" of the car (the "trunk" in North America). It's mostly a UK phenomenon according to Wikipedia.

But yeah I can assume pocket-sized figures are easy to steal. However, they were sold in two-packs on cardboard, so it would be more difficult to swipe those.
I would think most cities in the UK were built before the invention and proliferation of the automobile, so there aren't many attached garages and possibly not as many yards as in the endless landscape of the USA, where "garage sales" and "yard sales" are super-common.
Jabroniville

The Trash Bag Bunch

Post by Jabroniville »

THE TRASH BAG BUNCH:
Created By: Galoob
Era: 1991

-The Trash Bag Bunch were released by Galoob in 1991, and were actually a predecessor to one of today's most common types of toys: the "Mystery Bag"! See, these were released in packages containing these flimsy bags which hid the figure- when running it under a tap, the water would dissolve the "trash bag", revealing which of the figures you got! There was a small attempt at differentiating the groups: A group of humanoids called "Disposers", and alien monsters called "Trashors"- the Disposers were environmentalists who tried to clean up the disasters created by the Trashors. The figures had zero points of articulation and were quite small, but had plenty of detail, unlike many other figures of comparable size. Notably, even the good guys looked pretty evil, typically wearing green & black gear, while some were armored all the way over their heads. Though I'd feel pretty ripped off with most of the good guys, who often look generic or shirtless or whatever, while most of the bad guys look pretty decently monster-y.

There was one "Playset"- a Grip 'N' Dip Bagger that had some disposable extra bags- it was a mechanical "grabber" meant to grab figures and dip them into two vats of water. Like... what you could do bare-handed, but with a pricier toy. I dunno.

The line was not overly successful- it disappeared fairly quickly, and the figures remain quite obscure. A second generation was released, but only overseas- most of them are recolors (usually of the Trashors), while a few are unique and look REALLY detailed and cool.

Here's a simple webpage by the lead designer of the project: http://melbirnkrant.com/trash/. It even mentions that the second generation were created from a series of drawings he was unfamiliar with, but was creeped out by.

THE DISPOSERS
Role:
Environmental Bad-Ass
Group Affiliations: The Disposers
PL 5 (82)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+7)
Expertise (Environmentalist) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Gear, Armor +2, Guns +4-6), Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Teamwork

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Guns +6 (+4-6 Ranged Damage, DC 19-21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (The Trashors)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 7 (82)

-The Disposers are standard-issue Soldier-types, but are a bit smarter and use high-tech stuff sometimes. Some of them have higher armor and better gear, so many can be PL 6.

THE DISPOSERS:
Vac-U-Ator (armored guy)
Trashblaster (armored guy w/ missiles & buzzsaw)
Breezor (yellow armor & gun)
Sterilizer (small gun)
Incinerator (black & pink armor)
White Washer (ballcap & gun)
Dr. Sheen (generic-looking guy in black suit)
Sanitizor (weird bald guy with gun)
Bio-Degrador (bulky armored guy w/ gun)
Fumigator (big-headed guy with red eyes)
Grimestopper (looks like a black Master Chief)
Sgt. Wastenot (muscular cyborg)
Kapt. Kollector (shirtless guy w/ trident)
Janitax (hugely bulky black armor & twin pistols)
D-Stain (bald guy with tiny wrist-blasters hooked to a back thing)
Prof. Garboff (said to have removed the Trashors from their homeworld- a guy in black armor w/ a pistol)
Klutch (weird robo-crab walker)

Second Generation:
Garblow (violet Vac-U-Ator)
Dirtblaster (white Janitax)
Filthor (blue Dr. Sheen)
Vaporator (orange Sanitizer)
Flammanator (brown-skinned Kapt. Kollector)
Purifighter (red Breezor)

THE TRASHORS
Role:
Polluting Monsters
Group Affiliations: The Trashors
PL 5 (56)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 10 (+7)
Perception 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Power Attack

Powers:
Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Enemy (The Disposers)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 6 (56)

-The Trashors were bigger and uglier than the Disposers- a couple like Liceplant, Garbeast & Muckoid were twice the size of your everyday Disposer! Some are humanoid in shape, while others look very much like animals. Stats could presumably vary.

THE TRASHORS:
Slobber (green monster with long limbs)
Scum Lizard (green lizard)
Wildeye (blue cyclops)
Sewerat (yellow fish-guy)
Garbeast (huge green quadruped)
Muck Master (eight-eyed green guy w/ hammer limbs)
Scuzbeast (brown cyclops)
Junker (cyborg wolfman)
Stink Buzzard (pink gargoyle with yellow head)
Muckoid (giant green monster w/ four eyestalks)
Liceplant (tentacled demonic taco-monster)
Plutor (robot on treads)
Sewerbat (red bat w/ hook weapon)
Fuminoid (skeleton w/ katana)
Junk Jackal (white dog w/ pink musculature visible)
Trasher (yellow zombie w/ trash-can lid shield)
Infector (weird ape-man with giant head)
Wastor (bat-eared pink guy)

Second Generation:
* Note: Some are recolored heroes, so might actually be good guys

Dump Crusher (giant red crab-claws monster)
Skankor (lizard w/ tubes on its back)
Fillet-O-Filth (blue fish on long humanoid legs)
Rubbisher (giant blue hammerhead w/ green tongues)
Muck Mangler (four-legged stalk-eyed green monster)
Barfo (giant blue theropod)
Trasheeter (dark purple creature w/ giant mouth)
Mud Grub (giant green grub w/ huge mouth)
Scum Slug (ammonite with theropod legs)
Bone Picker (yellow armored quadruped w/ weird head)
Larvug (blue & pink caterpillar w/ giant insect for a head- both have giant mouths)
---
Recolors:
Scum Serpent (pink Muck Master)
Fiend of Filth (blue Slobber)
Filth Fang (black Junker)
Wrenchanator (orange Sewerat)
Creep Claw (white & blue Stink Buzzard)
Mighty Lice (green Liceplant)
Pollutant (yellow & blue Infector)
Toxic Hook (black Wildeye)
Scum Scaler (purple Scum Lizard)
Waste Wacker (black/brown Wastor)
Lumpster (black-armored White Washor)
Trash Trooper (white Sgt. Wastenot)
Fanoid (pasty violet Sparkler)
Zapoid (orange Plutor)
Junkstor (blue Incinerator)
Stain Brain (blue & green Fumigator)
Scum Sabor (silver Trashblaster)
Trash Crab (silver & blue Klutch)
Dreg Master (black Trasher)
Eyeballer (orange Muckoid)
Dirtbagger (purple & red Prof. Garboff)
Filthing (black & brown Scuzbeast)
Garbotron (blue Sterilizor)
Dispose-All (blue Garbeast)
Germinator (blue & orange Bio-Degrador)
Mongrowl (yellow Junk Jackal)
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Battle Beasts

Post by Ares »

*cracks knuckles*

Okay, with the New Years distractions out of the way, lets head back down nostalgia lane.
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:45 am Image

All 76 originals, ordered by number.

BATTLE BEASTS:
Created By: Takara (Japan), Hasbro (US)
Era: 1986-89
My brothers and I collected more than a few of our fair share of Battle Beasts. It was a clear example of how you didn't need a complex concept to move money. It was basically rock / paper / scissors, but with anthro-animals in high tech armor. I remember even having a few that traded the heat activated sticker for this crystal you could look in to see the symbol inside.

I was especially surprised to find out later that these guys were officially a part of the Transformers universe, at least in Japan. Now there's a crossover I never expected.

Also? It had a really fun commercial. That's frickin Michael "Duke aka Raziel" Bell as the water beast.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Madballs

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:07 pm Image

MADBALLS:
Created By: American Greetings Company
Era: 1985
I was never much into gross out humor or toys, so Madballs almost went completely under my radar. ALMOST. While I never saw the cartoon, I do remember seeing the ads in comics at the time , and we did own the mummy Madball. Not sure why other than mummies are cool and it was one of the least gross of the set.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Bionic Six

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:40 am Image

Fanart by Fortress of Solitude & Matt Sinowicz.

THE BIONIC SIX:
Created By: LJN
Era: 1987
This is a series I enjoy and still have some love for to this day, to the point of having the entire series on a bootleg DVD. I really hope it gets a proper DVD / Blu-Ray release some day.

The series was a lot of fun, the family dynamic worked great for a superhero team, and the team was balanced pretty well in terms of abilities. The fact that everyone on the team had some degree of superhuman strength, durability speed and such meant that they could all participate in action scenes and no one was a glass canon. The show also had actual continuity, and introduced several secondary heroes, all of which came back at one point to help free the Bionic Six when they were captured and the villains actually took over the world.

Jack was basically Golden Age Superman with less leaping but the various sensory powers and eye beams that Clark would later develop. Helen (hey, another brunette super-mom married to Earth's greatest hero named Helen) had the standard 80's female psychic powers, but the illusion powers combined with her physical abilities made for some fun scenarios. The kids all had some unique abilities and specializations, with James being stronger than Jack, Meg being faster, and Bunji being a better fighter. It was a bit weird for James to get "IQ" as a code name, since it made him stand out amongst all of the other "Something-1" code names. I probably would have named him something like "Tech-1" or something similar. Also nice that the smart guy was also the brick of the team.

What was also nice is that James and Bunji were never treated any different from Jack and Helen’s biological children. To the adopted kids, Jack and Helen were just “Mom and Dad”, and while their bio-parents were occasionally brought up, it was clear that the two young men considered this their actual family. A reminder that cartoons had been inclusive for a long time. Heck, Haji was adopted into the Quest family back in the 60s.

I'd say if the series had any major failings, its that the villains weren't very impressive. The Bionic Six were a solid team, but their recurring menaces weren't great at all. Especially since the team itself lends itself to standard superhero fair with a ton of different enemies. A revival series with some updated and expanded bad guys would be a lot of fun.

Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Centurions

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:25 pm Image

THE CENTURIONS:
Created By: Kenner
Era: 1986-87
This was a toyline and show my brothers and I got into. It was actually a really fun concept, and you could tell some real thought went into the set up so as to not break things. Sure, they had teleportation technology but the teleporters could only work on inorganic matter unless you were wearing an Exo-Suit, so it wasn't a technology that completely broke the setting. Each of the heroes had a personality and specialization, and there was a nice escalation where they would usually show up in their "default" load out and then upgrade as the situation called for it.

There were a lot of fun concepts and adventures, but I think there were definitely a couple of areas the franchise could have been improved.

First was the villains. Doc Terror was a perfectly fine mad scientist tech guy to challenge the heroes, but apart from him, Hacker was just your standard goon without much going for him, and the majority of his forces were standard soldier robots or unmanned robot jet drones. They really needed some more diverse and exciting bad guys to go up against.

Secondly, while the interchanging weapon system was a wonderful idea, the only character that really took advantage of it was Jake's set. He had a perfectly balanced equipment set by having his standard load out, a fast moving motorcycle-style load out, a slow flying but highly maneuverable helicopter load out, and a heavy duty, full assault load out. It made him a fantastic and versatile character offensively, especially since his being the land specialist meant he always saw action.

Both Ace and Max had similar "default" load outs and "heavy duty assault" sets, but apart from that, Ace had an "outer space" suit while Max had a "fast travel" suit. It feels like a little more thought should have been put into Ace and Max's gear.

I wonder if this concept might not have worked better with a single character who just accessed whatever suit he needed at the time, having to adapt and adjust to threats on the fly. Then you just have the one hero with a lot of accessories, leaving you plenty of room to have a ton of fun villains. Though the team angle could still work.

Jabroniville

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

Post by Jabroniville »

JAYCE AND THE WHEELED WARRIORS:
Created By: Mattel
Era: 1985

-This is a bizarre one to me, because it's one of those cartoons that came and went in the 1980s without me ever having heard of it. It was a minor 1985 toyline from Mattel called "Wheeled Warriors", and was shipped to DIC to make a cartoon, throwing on a bunch of weird stuff about how the main character is a headstrong young lad whose father, Auric, was kidnapped by plant monsters he'd accidentally created when a star went supernova while he was making a plant that could end global hunger. The actual Warriors toys are just generic vehicles and never had a major story, so this is just riveted on. Writers at DIC included '80s workhorses Larry DiTillio & J. Michael Straczynski- JMS wrote about a quarter of the episodes, and joked that his intention was to "hijack a dopey concept and make it into something more".

The key aspect of the "Wheeled Warriors" toys was that you could "stack" things, but near as I can tell, that just means you can swap out wheels and weapons from one vehicle to the next. There were four vehicles of about equal size on each team, and then each side had one large "walker" vehicle. The good guys were the "Lightning League" and were opposed by the "Monster Minds", led by Saw Boss, who rode a black vehicle with a giant buzzsaw hanging over it.

There was apparently a very bad toy launch- I think I remember "Toy Galaxy" going on about it. The toys hit shelves in late 1984 in order to hit the Christmas season, but that was ahead of the cartoon so kids didn't care. And so Mattel panicked and pulled them from shelves just as the cartoon was building a following. Never mind that the figures were totally blank and the Monster Minds were just alien brains, so they didn't match the show anyways.

65 episodes were produced, at which point the show fell off the face of the earth, languishing in obscurity. A Series Finale movie was to have been produced, but since the toyline failed, it was cancelled despite JMS having written the script already. Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors has never been rebooted, and I've never so much as seen one of the toys in stores.

The Cast:
THE LIGHTNING LEAGUE:
JAYCE: Headstrong young teen who's put in charge of everything. He's trying to find Auric and complete the "Magic Root" to form the plant that solves all hunger. His most distinctive feature is a white stripe running down the middle of his hair.
GILLIAN: An old wizard (WTF?!? Why is there a wizard in a sci-fi car show?), acting as Jayce's mentor. Created the Lightning League vehicles.
FLORA: A living flower who looks human- created by Audric & Gillian. Has telepathic powers with plants & animals, and can sense the Monster Minds. Flies a blue fish called Brock.
HERC STORMSAILER: A mercenary who pilots The Pride of the Skies II. A Han Solo rip-off.
THE ZOGGIES: A trio of robotic dogs.
OON: A tiny knight who originally served Auric, but was sent to now serve Jayce.
JAL GORDA: An alien spy loyal to Audric.

-Their vehicles include Drill Sergeant (a tunneling "spy" truck used by Gillian & Flora), Armed Force (an exploratory vehicle Jayce usually pilots, with a winch, side-guns & water cannon), Spike Trike (Herc's all-terrain vehicle), Quick Draw (Herc's car with fold-down shields and hidden armaments), and the Trail Blazer (the huge "walker" that can put other vehicles on top of it and cart them around). Later, the show added the Spray Gunner (which fired various liquids out of a nozzle) and Fling Shot (a heavy artillery/catapalt vehicle). There's also Herc's Pride of the Skies II, a rickety old flying ship, and Gillian's "Battle Base", their mobile base of operations.

THE MONSTER MINDS:
* The Monster Minds are living plants that can take humanoid form or literally transform into their own vehicles. Each one has a small army of mooks in near-identical vehicles because the show has limited characters.

SAW BOSS: Villainous leader. A purple humanoid guy with a sawblade over his vehicle. He wishes to rule a universe made up of plants.
GUN GRINNER: Oversees Gun Troopers. Rides a weird elevated drag racer with lots of armaments on it.
TERROR TANK: Oversees Terror Troopers. His vehicle has an angry face and a robotic pteranodon skull overhead.
K.O. KRUISER: Oversees K.O. Troopers. Drives a squat monster truck with a wrecking ball.
BEAST WALKER: Oversees Beast Walker Clones. Pilots the giant "walker" robot with a green-brained alien head in front of it.
SAW TROOPER: The only one other than Saw Boss with humanoid form.
DR. ZORG: Evil scientist.

-I can't stat anything in here, really. Never mind that vehicles are the worst thing to stat in all of M&M, but I have no idea the capabilities or durability of ANYTHING. The bad guys can shapeshift into large vehicles, though. I assume most things have Blast 8-10 gear, and are Toughness +8-10.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

download.jpg
download.jpg (11.54 KiB) Viewed 1460 times
I didn't have any Madballs but I did own most of the Madballs Head Poppers
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

Animax

Post by Jabroniville »

ANIMAX:
Created By: Schaper
Era: 1986

-Animax is a little-known toyline from 1986 from Schaper (never heard of them), and had a few comics pros work on the line, allegedly just because they wanted the toys. The concept is pretty asinine- in the far future, all animals went extinct save for those men could turn into cybernetic wheeled beasts called Animax (good-natured animals) or Carnivaurs (predatory, devouring monsters). The heroic Road Trainers defend the Bridge of Doom and the "LiteSide" of 25th Century Earth against the Motor Mutants from the NiteSide. The line consisted of four beasts on each side, piloted by smaller figures (all the heroes were the same mould with different heads)- three small one-man vehicles each, and one very large one apiece, with the leader figures. The figs themselves were total weaksauce (even the creator admits they were "accessories" to the main event), but the Animax toys look cool enough.

What apparently happened was that after a Toy Fair industry event, Tyco "gobbled up" Schaper and bought out everything- Animax was spat out and given no advertising at all, mostly to make what they could off of it. The games Schaper made (like Ants in the Pants) were sold to Milton Bradley. Marvel Comics decided to release the comic that was made anyhow, but Animax sold like ass and quickly disappeared, being completely forgotten.

ANIMAX/CARNIVAUR VEHICLES
Role:
Living Vehicles
Group Affiliations: Dragon Queen's Forces
PL 8 (62)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+10)
Intimidation 9 (+7)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Move-By Action, Startle

Powers:
"Natural Size" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
"Living Cars" Speed 6 (120 mph) [6]
Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
"Natural Weapons" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Natural Weapons +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Pilot)- Each creature seems loyal to their pilot, though the Carnivaurs are led by force.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 10 (62)

-The Animax are very large animal-vehicles, about rhino-sized save for the two "Leader" figures.

ANIMAX:
OFF-ROAD RHINO- PL 8 (62): Piloted by Rhinox.
POWERHORSE- PL 8 (62): Piloted by Tarmac.
TURBO TIGER- PL 8 (62): Piloted by Tiger Trakker.
JUNGLE MAX- PL 10 (74): ST +2, STA +2, FIGHTING +2 [12]
-Gigantic lion vehicle with large silver "engine". Piloted by Max Action (yes, really).

BULLVERIZER- PL 8 (62): A red bull piloted by the bull-man Torrendus.
DREADFUL DRAGSTER- PL 8 (62): An orange dragon piloted by Grease Kicker, a blue-skinned mandrill.
ROAD HOG- PL 8 (62): A blue warthog piloted by a pig-man Gross Out.
OBLITERATOR- PL 10 (74): ST +2, STA +2, FIGHTING +2 [12]
-A gigantic skeletal horned ram piloted by X-Tinctor, a flying menace.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

It's a shame that Animax pretty much got screwed over due to the company being bought out. It's a silly concept, for sure, though there are parts that I dig (X-Tinctor's a pretty rad villain design with the Demon Biker Gang Leader aesthetic)