Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

M.U.S.C.L.E.

Post by Jabroniville »

M.U.S.C.L.E. (aka Kinnikuman):
Created By: Bandai (from the 1979 manga by Takashi Shimada and Yoshinori Nakai) & Mattel (U.S. distributor)
Era: 1979-present (1985-86 in the West)

-One of the most iconic "rubber statue" figure lines of the 1980s was released in the West as "M.U.S.C.L.E." (Millions of Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere), but is better known in Japan as Kinnikuman ("Muscle Man"), one of the ur-examples of Shonen Manga. Taking pro wrestling tropes and cartooning them up for its wimpy hero, forced to defend his homeworld against intergalactic wrestlers with magical powers, the series is responsible for many of the "Shonen Manga" tropes we see today (making pro wrestling the actual originator of many of them). In the West, the series was never big, so these plastic figures were just random-ass guys with bizarre appearances, all colored like pink erasers.

The toyline has a rather odd batch of collectors- its related a bit to the Battle Beasts line (which was more colorful and had moving arms), but has figures that are FAR rarer and more highly-sought-after, with some collectors paying exorbitant fees to collect rarities. Even more bizarre is that the line has so little known about it- rare figures pop up to this day in Japan, with nobody knowing their origin, and collectors will STILL pay hundreds for them. The "Little Rubber Guys" forum, which has a lot of collectors, even had a weirdo who would pay hundreds and even thousands of dollars for random guys that would show up in a Yahoo Japan listing, until he got banned both for fleecing others and for generally being unpleasant!

To have even a hope of statting the hundreds of characters from the manga series & anime (there were *418* unique Kinnikuman "Kinkeshi" figures released!) is impossible without having seen the series.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:52 pm
JAYCE AND THE WHEELED WARRIORS:
I had one of the vehicles, I think of Saw Boss, as a kid, and I have a vivid memory of a small part of the on the episodes ending with the hero vehicle losing in a tug of war against the bad guys, about to get pulled into the hazard. Audric was actually a scientist, who was trying to develop a crop that could end galactic hunger, with a solar flare mutating his invention into the Monster Minds. The series kind of played with the idea that science and magic really depended on who was viewing it, and how you presented it.

Oof... because my parents didn't believe in buying the latest toys, we got all sorts of "slightly off-brand" ones, largely secondhand or through grandparents. Never owned a Centurions figure, but we had some of the coloring books. We had a few Robo Force figures. And I'll have to poke around... there was some sort of white-and-orange-and-tan vehicles that my grandparents got a few of for us, and I remember running into it online and learning that, if it had been mint condition, it would be a collector's item because they had such a small run.
Jabroniville

GUTS!

Post by Jabroniville »

GUTS!:
Created By: Mattel
Era: 1986-87

-A pretty cheapy toyline from Mattel in 1986-87, GUTS! was a set of plastic figures with no movable limbs, largely interesting because they had a fair bit of painted detail on them. They were like G.I. Joes without any motion or lore. I dunno- my friend Robbie had some and I ended up buying some in a lot on eBay, but there's a reason there's no Wikipedia page for them. Most are pretty beefy, and have unique gear and codenames much like G.I. Joe did. Some have AMAZING names like "Rick O'Shea", but most are pretty standard.

GUTS!
Role:
Military Agents
Group Affiliations: None
PL 5 (77)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+7)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+5)
Vehicles 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Pistol +4), Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Teamwork

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Pistols +6 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (The Army)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 6 (77)

-GUTS! figures are pretty well like any other soldier-types. Not quite at the level of G.I. Joe characters, but pretty good (PL 5-6 for the most part). GUTS! split the characters into six forces of 10 guys each: Akido Force (Japanese types), Underwater Demolitions Team (aquatic dudes), Green Berets (generic army men with the distinctive green berets), Ground Troops (generics), Jungle Fighters (Rambo Troops- it was the '80s, after all) & Laser Fighters (sci-fi types). There was also a vehicle called the Swingfire Assault Jeep. The Swingfire Jeep and Python tank were their vehicles- decently-sized, but below G.I. Joe standards.

GUTS! Characters:
* Note: I can't find most of them.

Aikido Force:
Kobudo (karate guy with small axe)
Iron Wolf (shirtless guy with nunchucks)
Dark Dragon (knife guy)
Dart (ninja w/ shuriken)
Sensei (ninja w/ metal spear)
Panther Claw (double-bladed spear)
Long Chop (samurai w/ katana)
Torinoko (samura w/ moon-tipped spear)
Tsunami (samurai w/ bayonet)
Tiger Tooth (samurai w/ spear)

Underwater Demolitions Team:
* All are in SCUBA Gear.

Captain Neptune (red gun)
Gills (brown gun)
Max Destruction (rocket launcher)
Sea Dog (harpoon)
Swordfish (knife & pistol)
Torpedo Thompson (black gun)
Sharkey (silver gun)
Piranha Parker (silver gun)
Major Mac Krell (silver gun)
Depth Charge (explosive charge)

Jungle Fighters:
* Almost all seem to be shirtless.

Lone Wolf (mohawk & big gun)
Hot Flash (rocket launcher)
Dog Breath (fat guy w/ M-16)
Bill Tell (bow & arrow)
Beach Bum (rifle)
Cold Steel (huge automatic rifle)
Side Slinger (side-held rifle)
Whacko (big rifle)
Hair Trigger (rifle)
Cold Hand (grenades)

Ground Troops:
* Guys in standard army gear.

Devil Dog (bazooka)
Cappy (pistol)
Grunt (rifle)
Lt. Rick O'Shea (rifle)
Otto Matic (rifle)
Pistol Pete (pistol)
Major Dome (pistol)
Thunderclap (grenade)
Hawkeye (rifle & telescope)
Sgt. Stubble (big rifle)

Laser Fighters:
* All are dressed in white bodysuits.

Chopper Stopper (anti-aircraft gun)
Captain Burns (flamethrower)
Astro Blaster (blue rifle)
Mike Nebula (green gun)
Sgt. Scorpion (blue gun)
Stinger (black gun)
Zap (black gun)
Slinger (grenades)
Nightfighter (black gun)
Major Rocket (bazooka)

Green Berets:
Hot Launch (bazooka)
Knight Crawler (crawling guy w/ rifle)
K-9 Kid (pistol)
E-Z Squeeze (Tommy Gun?)
Canned Heat (grenade)
Macintosh (pistol)
Steel Fingers (rifle)
The Destroyer (big gun)
Slugs Magee (big gun)
some dog (German Shepherd)
Jabroniville

Strawberry Shortcake

Post by Jabroniville »

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE:
Created By: American Greetings Corporation
Era: 1973-today (sorta)

-Good lord, ANOTHER American Greetings creation? Okay, so the "Girl With a Daisy" debuted back in 1973 on their greeting cards, but one of their art directors realized this one card sold incredibly well, and so had staffer Barbi Sargent (who had done the original as a freelancer) design more cards like that- within four years, the finalized design was called Strawberry Shortcake, after the dessert. A variety of other characters were soon created by others, and eventually things like dolls were produced by Kenner- Lynn Edwards served as line editor and was in charge of the story & characters, but there seem to be a lot of cooks here.

By the 1980s, the character was really popular with young girls, appearing in things like TV specials (one per year between 1980 & 1985) and a video game for the Atari 2600! As is common with cases like this, the character was involved in a rights battle, but unusually the freelancer WON, as Barbi Sargent was awarded copyrights to the character in 1983... but she later returned them so more stuff could be made. The fad had largely faded out by 1985 and the charater disappeared. THQ attempted a revamping in 1991, then a different designer tried in 2002 with home video releases. Bandai took a shot, then Playmates- for whatever reason, this damn thing was passed around by EVERYBODY, all trying to make it work. Hell, Iconix bought the rights for *$105 million* in 2015! Who the f*ck thought STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE was worth $105 million!?!? But really, I don't think anyone ever cared that much.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Rainbow Brite

Post by Jabroniville »

RAINBOW BRITE:
Created By: Hallmark Cards
Era: 1984-today (sorta)

-Hallmark apparently wanted to get into the same racket as rival American Greetings did, eventually creating Rainbow Brite in 1984 via a group of executives and creative types with the sole purpose of making a "licensed character". An animated series joined the doll line immediately, and shockingly it got a MOVIE release with Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer in 1985! Though I've never even heard of that, nor did I ever watch this show. Mattel made the toys while DiC made the cartoon- both are among the most day-glo things of the 1980s, and perfectly encapsulate that decade.

The show apparently has some pretty intensive lore: a girl named Wisp comes to a desolate world of gray, freeing the seven Color Kids from the King of Shadows. Using a sprite named Twink and a horse named Starlight (and sometimes an Earthboy named Brian), she brings color to this world, now called Rainbow Land- and she herself becomes "Rainbow Brite". In the movie, the world of Spectra, through which all light must pass, is taken over by the Dark Princess, turning much of the galaxy (including Earth) into a wintry dark world- Brite teams up with her horse and a Spectran warrior named Krys and his horse On-X to defeat the powers of darkness.

There was apparently a series or relaunches: Generation 2 in 1996 set up the "Color Crew", a more ethnically-diverse group of kids. It ended after little more than a year. Gen 3 debuted in 2003, and was just a small deal. Gen 4 was the 25th aniversary in 2009- Rainbow Brite was now from Earth and was charged with helping Rainbow Land spread light throughout the galaxy. Apparently this was more of a fashion doll line, but delays caused it to miss the holiday season and retails balked at the dolls (Wikipedia mentions the training bras & panties as being a huge departure for the line), and the whole thing died in seven months. Gen 5 was largely a small release by Hallmark in their stores. So yeah, like almost every other '80s franchise, there are multiple reboots that went nowhere.
catsi563

Re: GUTS!

Post by catsi563 »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:11 am Image

GUTS!:
Created By: Mattel

-A pretty cheapy toyline from Mattel in 1986-87, GUTS! was a set of plastic figures with no movable limbs, largely interesting because they had a fair bit of painted detail on them. They were like G.I. Joes without any motion or lore. I dunno- my friend Robbie had some and I ended up buying some in a lot on eBay, but there's a reason there's no Wikipedia page for them. Most are pretty beefy, and have unique gear and codenames much like G.I. Joe did. Some have AMAZING names like "Rick O'Shea", but most are pretty standard.

GUTS!
Role:
Military Agents
Group Affiliations: None
PL 5 (77)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+7)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+5)
Vehicles 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Pistol +4), Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Teamwork

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Pistols +6 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (The Army)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 6 (77)

-GUTS! figures are pretty well like any other soldier-types. Not quite at the level of G.I. Joe characters, but pretty good (PL 5-6 for the most part). GUTS! split the characters into six forces of 10 guys each: Akido Force (Japanese types), Underwater Demolitions Team (aquatic dudes), Green Berets (generic army men with the distinctive green berets), Ground Troops (generics), Jungle Fighters (Rambo Troops- it was the '80s, after all) & Laser Fighters (sci-fi types). There was also a vehicle called the Swingfire Assault Jeep. The Swingfire Jeep and Python tank were their vehicles- decently-sized, but below G.I. Joe standards.

GUTS! Characters:
* Note: I can't find most of them.

Aikido Force:
Kobudo (karate guy with small axe)
Iron Wolf (shirtless guy with nunchucks)
Dark Dragon (knife guy)
Dart (ninja w/ shuriken)
Sensei (ninja w/ metal spear)
Panther Claw (double-bladed spear)
Long Chop (samurai w/ katana)
Torinoko (samura w/ moon-tipped spear)
Tsunami (samurai w/ bayonet)
Tiger Tooth (samurai w/ spear)

Underwater Demolitions Team:
* All are in SCUBA Gear.

Captain Neptune (red gun)
Gills (brown gun)
Max Destruction (rocket launcher)
Sea Dog (harpoon)
Swordfish (knife & pistol)
Torpedo Thompson (black gun)
Sharkey (silver gun)
Piranha Parker (silver gun)
Major Mac Krell (silver gun)
Depth Charge (explosive charge)

Jungle Fighters:
* Almost all seem to be shirtless.

Lone Wolf (mohawk & big gun)
Hot Flash (rocket launcher)
Dog Breath (fat guy w/ M-16)
Bill Tell (bow & arrow)
Beach Bum (rifle)
Cold Steel (huge automatic rifle)
Side Slinger (side-held rifle)
Whacko (big rifle)
Hair Trigger (rifle)
Cold Hand (grenades)

Ground Troops:
* Guys in standard army gear.

Devil Dog (bazooka)
Cappy (pistol)
Grunt (rifle)
Lt. Rick O'Shea (rifle)
Otto Matic (rifle)
Pistol Pete (pistol)
Major Dome (pistol)
Thunderclap (grenade)
Hawkeye (rifle & telescope)
Sgt. Stubble (big rifle)

Laser Fighters:
* All are dressed in white bodysuits.

Chopper Stopper (anti-aircraft gun)
Captain Burns (flamethrower)
Astro Blaster (blue rifle)
Mike Nebula (green gun)
Sgt. Scorpion (blue gun)
Stinger (black gun)
Zap (black gun)
Slinger (grenades)
Nightfighter (black gun)
Major Rocket (bazooka)

Green Berets:
Hot Launch (bazooka)
Knight Crawler (crawling guy w/ rifle)
K-9 Kid (pistol)
E-Z Squeeze (Tommy Gun?)
Canned Heat (grenade)
Macintosh (pistol)
Steel Fingers (rifle)
The Destroyer (big gun)
Slugs Magee (big gun)
some dog (German Shepherd)
Cripes i had these things coming out my ears. think i may still have some buried somewhere
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Re: Jab’s Builds (Battle Beasts! Bionic Six! Centurions! MUSCLE!)

Post by Tattooedman »

A big old catch up post.
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:07 pm Image

MADBALLS:
Created By: American Greetings Company
Era: 1985
I was the target audience for these, loved them so much because they were so gross! I had Aargh, Crack Head (will always be his name to me!), Dust Brain, & Skull Face.

Funny story – I managed to convince my parents to buy me a Mad Balls t-shirt with Crack Head on it & like any kid with a favorite shirt, I wore it as much as possible. The problem was my teachers weren’t fans of the image of Crack Head (ironically, they had less of a problem with his name) and I ended up getting sent to the principal’s office where I was made to turn the shirt inside out and wear for the rest of the day & told to not wear it again to school.
M4C8 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:58 pm download.jpg
I only had a few of these, but me & my friends had loads of fun shooting the heads at each other for hours at a time.
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:40 am Image

THE BIONIC SIX:
Created By: LJN
Era: 1987
This is the one I know the least about but was always interested in. See growing up my parents couldn’t afford cable tv (given what I now know about the prices of that stuff now I understand why), and I couldn’t see the show on anything resembling a regular basis. During the summer break from school I would go to work with my mom (who cleaned houses) and would be allowed to watch tv while she worked, so there I got to watch a few episodes of the Bionic 6 and other shows.

I couldn’t find the figures and didn’t know there were any until I was out of high school. The concept of the show wasn’t bad over all & the art and such looked to be on par with the other popular shows of the time. I’d love for a new version of it to be made but given how that’s worked for other shows I’m pretty sure I’d not like what came out.

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:25 pm Image

THE CENTURIONS:
Created By: Kenner
Centurions was like the Bionic 6 for me – never saw it on a regular basis due to lack of cable tv but was able to catch some episodes from time to time. Although I did see more of it due to dumb luck based on my mom’s work schedule. Loved this show because the idea of the weapon system trade out seemed really cool. I always enjoyed how each one was specialized, though I wasn’t a fan of the roster expansion – those 2 always seemed kinda crappy to me. Again I’d love to see a reboot of the series but am pretty sure I’d not really enjoy a modern take on the show.

In the back of my mind shows like the Centurions & Bionic 6 are set in the same world setting, which I think if someone made into a comic would be something I’d spend money to read.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Ken

Re: M.U.S.C.L.E.

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:39 am Image

M.U.S.C.L.E. (aka Kinnikuman):
Created By: Bandai (from the 1979 manga by Takashi Shimada and Yoshinori Nakai) & Mattel (U.S. distributor)
Era: 1979-present (1985-86 in the West)

-One of the most iconic "rubber statue" figure lines of the 1980s was released in the West as "M.U.S.C.L.E." (Millions of Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere), but is better known in Japan as Kinnikuman ("Muscle Man"), one of the ur-examples of Shonen Manga. Taking pro wrestling tropes and cartooning them up for its wimpy hero, forced to defend his homeworld against intergalactic wrestlers with magical powers, the series is responsible for many of the "Shonen Manga" tropes we see today (making pro wrestling the actual originator of many of them). In the West, the series was never big, so these plastic figures were just random-ass guys with bizarre appearances, all colored like pink erasers.

The toyline has a rather odd batch of collectors- its related a bit to the Battle Beasts line (which was more colorful and had moving arms), but has figures that are FAR rarer and more highly-sought-after, with some collectors paying exorbitant fees to collect rarities. Even more bizarre is that the line has so little known about it- rare figures pop up to this day in Japan, with nobody knowing their origin, and collectors will STILL pay hundreds for them. The "Little Rubber Guys" forum, which has a lot of collectors, even had a weirdo who would pay hundreds and even thousands of dollars for random guys that would show up in a Yahoo Japan listing, until he got banned both for fleecing others and for generally being unpleasant!

To have even a hope of statting the hundreds of characters from the manga series & anime (there were *418* unique Kinnikuman "Kinkeshi" figures released!) is impossible without having seen the series.
I wonder if my brother knows where the ones we had were. As an avid chocolate milk drinker, I found myself getting some of these guys because they were packed into packages of Nestle Quik for a while as part of a promotion.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Strawberry Shortcake

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:00 pm
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE:
Created By: American Greetings Corporation
Era: 1973-today (sorta)
Funnily enough, I suspect kids these days are more familiar with Bitch Pudding from Robot Chicken skits.
Jabroniville

Toxic Crusaders

Post by Jabroniville »

THE TOXIC CRUSADERS:

-While cartoon series based off of R-rated films was nothing new, few had gone quite as wild as The Toxic Avenger, which was so brutal that VHS tapes would even advertise that they had "The exploding head scene!"- an infamously-gory bit where a band of violent teenagers murder a teen boy, crushing his head beneath the wheels of their car. The movie also had a lot of sex and other parental-advisory things in it, making the notion of this series, advertised and selling toys to children, a bit controversial. But hey, we had Rambo, Robocop, Police Academy and other stuff as TV shows- why not this?

In any case, The Toxic Crusaders was pretty much just a 1991 rip-off of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, right down to basing it around a band of odd-looking outcasts. It used the "Gross-Out" humor common to boy-themed media at the time, making the Toxic Avenger into "Toxie"- a "Hideously deformed creature of superhuman size and strength!", along with a bunch of similarly-deformed allies, including a dog-man, two-headed guy and a dude with a huge nose.

The show was tongue-in-cheek, must like the first season of TMNT, and broke the fourth wall even more regularly. In one episode, Toxie's sentient mop saves the day, and when asked him, it reveals a stapled-together pile of paper- "ah", Toxie says, "You read the script". In another episode, Major Disaster, who has the power to control plants, is helpless as a recycling plant goes out of control. He laments his uselessness until a teammate shouts "But this is a recycling PLANT" and of course his powers f*cking work on it! It's that kinda show.

I myself was actually quite obsessed with it... at least the idea of Headbanger, the two-headed guy, because I rapidly made it my "Thing I'm obsessed about this week" (part of why I think I have ADD is that I can hyperfixate on shit like that and learn EVERYTHING about it before discarding it entirely... you pretty much have my thread to thank for that). In one episode, the gang sings this lame song about how "We're the Toxic... Crusaders! We're the Toxic... Crusaders!" and I thought that was catchy as hell. So when I was in a cartooning/crafts class during the summer, I promptly latched onto the show for our big project, a "puppet show" played out over a TV (with another kid in class "changing channels" to show all of our puppets) to show all the parents. And I made my guy a rip-off of Headbanger and pretty much only belted out that song for my entire thing, lol. So like... imagine what everyone thought as everyone's doing puppet shit and all of a sudden my guy jumps up going "WE'RE THE TOXIC... CRUSADERS!" over and over again. All I remember is doing that every time it was "my turn" in the list of puppeteers and the person "changing channels" getting increasingly quick in going "CLICK!", which I promptly read as impatience with my act, lol.

IN ANY CASE, I moved on pretty goddamn quickly and so did everyone else, because the show only lasted for thirteen episodes- a failed run similar to other things I adored like Visionaries and Dino-Riders. The toyline failed, only having that one thing, and so everyone moved on. The show itself never maintained any kind of notoriety, though- people LOVED the Visionaries line of toys, and Dino-Riders has grown in appeal ever since it went away, with the figures having so much respect that even MUSEUMS used their dino-molds. Other cartoons went on to great infamy for either shamelessly ripping off the TMNT (Street Sharks) or just being idiotic in general. But The Toxic Crusaders? It fell off the face of the Earth and nobody ever thought about it again. I mean, the figures are actually worth about $50 apiece these days since the line only lasted a year (thus they didn't sell well and are more rare now) and they're pretty well-made, but like... we live in a world where the STREET SHARKS got 40 episodes out of their show. The Dino Vengers even got a friggin' run! T-Rex lasted longer!! But The Toxic Crusaders died in 13. It's wild.

Like the movie, the show featured environmentalism as a bit of a theme- here, Tromaville, New Jersey (setting for much of Troma's movies and shows) was the site where Dr. Killemoff of Smogula was trying to pollute the world to make it more suitable for his species. And so the evil businessman tries to pollute repeatedly, inadvertently creating the Toxic Crusaders, who keep getting mutated by radioactive stuff and becoming super-powered.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Jab’s Builds (Battle Beasts! Bionic Six! Centurions! MUSCLE!)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Oh! Another short-lived cartoon with a toyline, in case you feel like it, Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos, only five episodes and a four issue comic book series by Marvel.

Image Image
Jabroniville

Toxie

Post by Jabroniville »

*Yvonne puts on a pair of glasses, takes a look at Toxie, and screams*
"Aw, I should have known this would happen- how could a BEAUTIFUL, intelligent girl like Yvonne fall in love for a hideously deformed creature such as myself?"
"But I did fall for you, Toxie".
"Huh? But the minute you saw how ugly I am, you SCREAMED."
"You're not ugly- you're VERY handsome. It was your TIE that made me scream, Toxie- now THAT'S ugly. It's MORE than ugly- it's gah-ROSS, and ---"
"Okay, so she's just beautiful."

TOXIE (Melvin Junko)
Role:
Super-Powered Nerd, Hideously Deformed Creature of Superhuman Size & Strength
Group Affiliations: The Toxic Crusaders
PL 8 (102)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+11)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Janitor) 2 (+2)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Mop"
Enhanced Advantages: Sidekick 8 (8) -- [9]
  • AE: "Spinning Mop" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Multiattack 7) (8)
"Something EVIL is Happening Nearby" Senses 3 (Awareness of Something Evil- Ranged, Radius) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Mop +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Relationship (Yvonne)- Yvonne (thankfully) has poor eyesight, and a horrible singing voice.
Prejudice (Hideously Deformed)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 14 (102)

-The Toxic Avenger of the film has been modified into the more "Ugly Cute" weirdo known as "Toxie", a formerly meek health club janitor who was tricked into wearing a tutu and then stumbled into a drum of toxic waste. He is now a grotesque green mutant with low-tier super-strength, and he has a sentient mop known as Mop that can sometimes act of its own volition. He spins Mop around for a Multiattack thing and it duals as a Sidekick of sorts (for those rare times it just dose its own thing). So yes, I Alt-Effected the "Sidekick" Advantage and a Multiattack, lol. He can also glow blue and sense the presence of bad deeds nearby.
Jabroniville

Nozone

Post by Jabroniville »

NOZONE (Real Name Unknown)
Role:
Big Sneezer, Hideously Deformed Creature of Superhuman Size & Strength
PL 8 (112)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+10)
Deception 3 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 5 (+6)
Perception 3 (+4)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Giant Sneeze" Damage 3 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) Linked to Affliction 8 (Athletics; Dazed & Hindered/Stunned & Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) Linked to Move Object 6 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Away) [28]
Senses 2 (Extended Scent, Acute Scent) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Giant Sneeze +8 Area (+3 Damage & +8 Affliction, DC 18 & 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 12 (112)

-Nozone was... I didn't like him. Weird-looking characters were pretty normal for this series, but this guy just looked DUMB. A big blue dude with a gigantic nose, he was like a Smurf Adam Driver, using his schnozz to create miniature hurricanes. His origin story was that he was a stunt pilot who crashed into a silo full of irradiated pepper. This gave him massive sneezing powers and a plane wheel for a foot. He & Major Disaster meet up and head to Tromaville because they figure this is the place for mutants to go.
Shock

Re: M.U.S.C.L.E.

Post by Shock »

Ken wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:30 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:39 am Image

I wonder if my brother knows where the ones we had were. As an avid chocolate milk drinker, I found myself getting some of these guys because they were packed into packages of Nestle Quik for a while as part of a promotion.
I still have some of mine. There were also colored versions that they released some time after the initial wave. For me and my brothers, the Hand guy was like an unattainable holy Grail. We never found one
Jabroniville

Major Disaster

Post by Jabroniville »

MAJOR DISASTER (Real Name Unknown)
Role:
Plant Controller, Hideously Deformed Creature of Superhuman Size & Strength
PL 7 (108)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+10)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Military) 6 (+6)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 5 (+6)
Perception 3 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Mulch Shooter) 2 (+9)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Mulch Shooter- Blast 4), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Plant Control"
Vine Snare 6 (18) -- [20]
  • AE: Move Object 8 (Flaws: Limited to Plants) (8)
  • AE: Create Plants 6 (Feats: Innate) (Flaws: Source- Plant Life) (7)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+5 Damage, DC 21)
Vine Snare +7 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Mulch Shooter +9 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 12 (108)

-Major Disaster is the group's only black guy, and is a soldier who was in the "wild backcountry" during a training exercise- he fell into a radioactive swamp and emerged with the powers to control all plant life. Hilariously, in a later episode he proved able to take control of a recycling PLANT.