Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

The Warriors of Kerang!

Post by Jabroniville »

WARRIORS OF KERANG!:
Created By: Bluebird Toys
Era: 1990s?

-This one was an Italian line brought up to me by Woodclaw. Taking the Crash Dummies concept and making it more of an action line, Guerreros Di Kerang! (Warriors of Kerang) also featured the "blast apart" mechanics, but these were quasi-sci-fi fantasy people with swords and shields. The "Kerang!" comes from the onomatopoeia for the "limbsplosion" of characters flying apart with a touch. Characters appear in black, green, yellow and purple for the most part- some guys have human heads, while others have alien or robot heads. The good guys are Hexon and his three sons, and they face off against the evil Brox.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Eagle Force! Pirates of Dark Water- Ren, Ioz, Tula, Bloth!)

Post by Jabroniville »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:29 am Aha! StarCom: the US Space Force was the toy line I was trying to recall Grandmama giving me that no one else had heard of at the time.
Oh neat! I’ve never heard of this one. And all this info means I don’t even need to do research, lol.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Shock wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:48 am I had a bunch of StarCom stuff. It was good quality, the magnets and deploy features were fun and it had a very good look. I mean, this is a seriously badass spaceship.

Yeah that does look pretty cool. If the rest of the toys were as good then it's a shame I missed out on it.

Side question for Jab, have you thought about doing builds for M.A.S.K.?
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:27 am
Shock wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:48 am I had a bunch of StarCom stuff. It was good quality, the magnets and deploy features were fun and it had a very good look. I mean, this is a seriously badass spaceship.
Yeah that does look pretty cool. If the rest of the toys were as good then it's a shame I missed out on it.

Side question for Jab, have you thought about doing builds for M.A.S.K.?
It's an entire line about vehicles, so not really. Someone here was starting up a thread about them but they stopped after one.
Jabroniville

SilverHawks

Post by Jabroniville »

SILVERHAWKS:
Created By: Rankin/Bass Studios
Era: 1986-1988

-Largely considered a space-based version of ThunderCats, SilverHawks was created by the same people and used the same animation studio- the link is pretty obvious just from the face and mouth shapes of the characters, and the cat-like eyes of the kid character. It was your standard "Create a show to sell some toys" deal, with some metallic-sheen toys being produced. 65 episodes were made, making it a pretty standard-issue kids' TV show for the era- most of the ones that were more successful than insta-bombs or failed projects (like, say, Glo Friends), but less successful than G.I. Joe, ThunderCats, and Transformers, got that- Bionic Six, Jem & the Holograms and even The Spiral Zone among them. Generally, that indicates a LOT of faith by the production company, and a serious effort... but a show that didn't really take off that far. Just enough for syndication.

The show was essentially "Space Cops"- a quartet of heroes were given cybernetic augmentation that made them "Partly Metal; Partly Real" (this is a silly-ass catchphrase that makes adults sound stupid, but I guess fits for kids, and for the lyrics of a cartoon) so they could fly to Limbo and fight the evil Mon*Star, who had broken out of prison with his band of goons. The heroes had a vaguely anime-esque design to them (the animation studio was Japanese, which probably helped), and all had similar powers- they were mostly flying guys in armor with vague super-strength. Mon*Star and his agents had a far bigger assortment of abilities, making them seem more interesting.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Quicksilver

Post by Jabroniville »

Fanart by W. Garron.

QUICKSILVER (Lieutenant Jonathan Quick)
Role:
Partly Metal/Partly Real Warrior, The Leader
PL 9 (154)
STRENGTH
4/6 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Aerobatics 4 (+6)
Athletics 6 (+11)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Space Cop) 9 (+12)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 3 (+7)
Persuasion 4 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 5 (+7)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit (Rank- SilverHawk), Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Partly Metal; Partly Real"
Enhanced Strength 2 [4]
Protection 2 [2]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Zero Gravity) [2]
Immunity 2 (Vacuum, Hazards of Limbo) [2]

"Metal Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [22]
"Metallic Sheath" Protection 2 (2)
Immunity 2 (Suffocation 2) (2)
Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (6)
Movement 1 (Space Travel) (2)
"Shoulder-Mounted Laser Weapons" Blast 5 (Extras: Multiattack) (15)
-- (27 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Metal Strength +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Laser Weapons +11 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+8 Metal), Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
Enemy (Mon*Star)- The SilverHawks were formed to take down Mon*Star and his band of criminals.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 12 (154)

-Known for his quick-thinking and leadership skills, Quicksilver is your typical "Leader" and the central character of the entire line, appearing on their logo and everything. He's wiser and craftier than anyone else on his team, and is also the most stoic. He ends up with a higher PL than the others, which is pretty typical of these types of characters in cartoons.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:26 am
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:27 am Side question for Jab, have you thought about doing builds for M.A.S.K.?
It's an entire line about vehicles, so not really. Someone here was starting up a thread about them but they stopped after one.
Fair enough, I was thinking about the masks the characters wore that granted limited powers. Though, thinking about it all most of them did was grant some form of a blast type power just different descriptors.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

The base statline for the MASK guys is probably similar to the GI Joe Drivers & Pilots template, plus the masks (Devices or Equipment?)
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

KorokoMystia wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:20 am The base statline for the MASK guys is probably similar to the GI Joe Drivers & Pilots template, plus the masks (Devices or Equipment?)
That was pretty much my line of thought on the stats of the MASK characters. Personally, I'd make the Masks & vehicles Devices.
Davies

Re: Quicksilver

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:29 am Image\
... does anyone else suddenly have a suspicion that whoever designed Marvel's Darkhawk was borrowing heavily from this toyline?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Tattooedman

Re: Quicksilver

Post by Tattooedman »

Davies wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:43 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:29 am Image\
... does anyone else suddenly have a suspicion that whoever designed Marvel's Darkhawk was borrowing heavily from this toyline?
Always have.
Jabroniville

Bluegrass

Post by Jabroniville »

BLUEGRASS
Role:
Partly Metal/Partly Real Warrior, The Pilot, Second In Command
PL 8 (136)
STRENGTH
3/5 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Aerobatics 4 (+6)
Athletics 6 (+11)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Space Cop) 8 (+10)
Expertise (Musician) 4 (+7)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+6)
Technology 6 (+8)
Vehicles 10 (+14)

Advantages:
Benefit (Rank- SilverHawk), Equipment 9 (The Maraj, Lasso, Guitar Blaster +5) Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
Enhanced Strength 2 [4]
Protection 2 [2]

"Metal Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [3]
-- (4 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Metal Strength +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Laser Weapons +8 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+7 Metal), Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:
Enemy (Mon*Star)- The SilverHawks were formed to take down Mon*Star and his band of criminals.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 62--31 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 11 (136)

-Bluegrass is easily the most-distinctive of the SilverHawks- he's Second in command and the only member who can't fly, and is a cowboy-hat wearing country boy who pilots their special ship via his GUITAR, which can also shoot out energy beams.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Steelwill

Post by Jabroniville »

STEELWILL (Sergeant Will Hart)
Role:
Partly Metal/Partly Real Warrior, The Powerhouse
PL 8 (148)
STRENGTH
5/7 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Aerobatics 4 (+6)
Athletics 6 (+11)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Space Cop) 4 (+8)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+6)
Technology 10 (+12)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit (Rank- SilverHawk), Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Inventor, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
Enhanced Strength 2 [4]
Protection 2 [2]

-- (27 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Metal Strength +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +5 (+9 Metal), Fortitude +5, Will +8

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 12 (146)

-The twins Steelheart & Steelwill fill out the roster of the first SilverHawks- they were a pair of twins whose hearts had to be swapped out with cybernetics during the operations to make them cybernetic- I remember the voiceover describing this, with a guy radioing the boss with updates about how their hearts started to fail and had to be replaced. Both were tough, resilient and the "gearheads" of the team.
Sidney369

Re: Bluegrass

Post by Sidney369 »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:13 am Image

BLUEGRASS
Role:
Partly Metal/Partly Real Warrior, The Pilot, Second In Command
PL 8 (134)
STRENGTH
3/5 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Aerobatics 4 (+6)
Athletics 6 (+11)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Space Cop) 8 (+10)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+6)
Technology 6 (+8)
Vehicles 10 (+14)
No Expertise (Musician)? Eh, then again, he plays country music, so I guess it's not needed.
Always ask before you use someone's Original Character.
Never ever use them without permission. Only Villains do that.
Jabroniville

Steelheart

Post by Jabroniville »

Fanart by Josh Burns & Jeffach.

STEELHEART (Sergeant Emily Hart)
Role:
Partly Metal/Partly Real Warrior, The Powerhouse
PL 8 (146)
STRENGTH
4/6 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Aerobatics 4 (+6)
Athletics 6 (+11)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Space Cop) 4 (+8)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+6)
Technology 10 (+12)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit (Rank- SilverHawk), Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Inventor, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
Enhanced Strength 2 [4]
Protection 2 [2]

-- (27 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Metal Strength +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+8 Metal), Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 12 (146)

-Extremely strong, Steelheart is a powerhouse as well- unusual for a 1980s cartoon female, who would ordinarily have Telepathic or Healing Powers.