Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

The Leader

Post by Jabroniville »

THE LEADER (Samuel Sterns)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Steve Ditko
First Appearance: Tales to Astonish #62 (Dec. 1964)
Role: The Hulk's Arch-Nemesis, Evil Scientist, Big-Headed Comic Book Villain
Group Affiliations: The Intelligencia, The Humanoids, The Freehold/New Freehold, Riot Squad
PL 10 (134)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 10 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 7 (+8)
Expertise (Science) 10 (+20)
Expertise (Current Events) 7 (+17)
Insight 2 (+5)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+3)
Stealth 2 (+4)
Technology 10 (+20)
Treatment 4 (+14)
Vehicles 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Eidetic Memory, Equipment 5 (Lab & Junk), Inventor, Ranged Attack 6, Skill Mastery 2 (Science, Technology), Ultimate Science & Technology Skills

Powers:
"Super-Genius"
Quickness 6 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Actions) [3]

Mind Control 8 (Flaws: Touch Range -2) (16) -- [17]
  • AE: Telekinetic Blast 6 (12)
Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Mind Control +4 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Telekinetic Blast +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +2, Fortitude +5, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Power)- The Leader wishes to rule the world.
Enemy (The Hulk)- The Green Goliath is nearly always there to confound The Leader, whether as Banner or as The Hulk.
Prejudice (Obvious Superhuman)- The Leader has a giant head, and is bright green.
Power Loss (Mind Control)- The Leader's Mind Control Touch will not work against individuals that have been mutated by gamma radiation.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 17 (134)

-I've always found The Leader a pretty asinine character- easily my least-favorite of all of Marvel's bigger villains. I think it's because he reminds me too much of a goofy DC villain, with his green skin and giant head- he just looks like an idiot. The fact that he's a super-genius who keeps getting confounded by a guy so dumb he could get fooled by a "Your shoe's untied" joke- despite going around barefoot- just makes it worse. He was just some normal menial laborer until an accident with Gamma Radiation turned him into a super-genius (to contrast the same stuff turning Bruce Banner into a giant green idiot).

-A lot of plots in the Hulk book generally turn out to be stories involving The Leader- easily his most notable nemesis aside from "Thunderbolt" Ross. Hell, at one point, he ruins Banner's wedding to Betty by zapping him into becoming the Savage Hulk! He also loses his intelligence briefly, but convinces the Gray Hulk to help him regain it- paying him by making him the Hulk full-time. His previous "giant forehead" silly look was eventually replaced... by a "giant brain" silly look- this one oddly sticking around and becoming his "iconic" look. His mind got linked to that of Rick Jones, necessitating him resurrecting Marlo Chandler when she was killed- Rick's own pain was causing him terrible agony. He would create groups like the Riot Squad and Rock & Redeemer, sending them against the Hulk, and generally tried to take over the world a thousand times... somehow always being beaten by the stupidest superhero on Earth. Seriously, at least DOCTOR DOOM only jobs when it's Reed Richards fighting him.

-The Leader was briefly killed, but his disembodied consciousness had evolved "beyond the need for a body", and naturally Back-To-Basics Syndrome put him back in the same body type, after he died again trying to take over the Hulk's body. Later, in modern times, he was responsible for the death of Hiroim of The Warbound. Hell, he's actually died or gotten sick A LOT (sometimes in stories where he's resurrected at the end, which don't really "count"- if they do, he's like 5x Jean Grey at this point), and was recently depowered back to regular "Samuel Sterns" before returning as the Red Leader in Thunderbolts for a run, turning back to the green Leader only when "Doc Green" Hulk began depowering Gamma-powered beings all over the world- Sterns wrote a "redirect" into himself, allowing him to reform as the Leader after being de-powered.

-Honestly, though, his history is just one damn thing after the other, as writers seemingly try every gimmick possible with the dude- he's in that uncomfortable zone where he's supposedly a "Super-Genius", but is noticeably dumber than say, Doctor Doom. Honestly, the name is a hindrance as well- what kind of name is "The Leader"? So he's this dorkily-named, dorky-looking dork with a terrible gimmick and an ineffectual career- you think ARCADE suffered from credibility problems? How do you routinely fail to outsmart The Incredible Hulk? He may be the most "Stuck in the Silver Age" villain in all of Marvel, too- his entire thing is that he's a Deformed Evil Genius who constantly fails in his schemes.

-The Leader is generally just a really, really smart guy- a step behind Reed Richards or Victor Von Doom, but not by much. His general schtick is that you'll almost never fight him directly- just an army of robots once you uncover whatever secret scheme or conspiracy he's hatching now. He's PL 10 with his Skills, but will generally be higher with a Super-Science Weapon or something. Also he apparently has mental powers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
M4C8

Re: Jab's Builds! (Rick Jones! Jarella! The Warbound! Betty Banner/Red Shulk!)

Post by M4C8 »

Spectrum wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:08 pm It was a fun project, bringing back all kinds of fond childhood memories of getting deeply into the bio books. I used to draw my parents along to the local gaming store to pick up the newest version of OhothMU or Who's Who. At the time of building the List though, quite a bit older and realizing that while it's enjoyable to sit unmoving in my chair for hours on end, not so great for the health- or for not moving my neck for the same long periods of time.

Also realizing that I was an odd kid- not so much interested in comic books as a whole, far more interested in comic books about metadata on other comic books.

But hey, mildly autistic wasn't an idea 35 years ago.
You're not alone, I quickly became obsessed with Marvel characters when I began reading the comics at the age of eleven (Over twenty years ago) and have been that way ever since, even now I tend to read through bios in handbooks and on websites rather than re-reading actual comic books.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
brothersale

Re: Jab's Builds! (Warbound! Betty Banner/Red Shulk! The Leader!)

Post by brothersale »

I have always liked the Leader, and in fairness to him it's not that his plans are weak or that he does not plan for things, it more that his own ego and hubris trip him up, as he can't accept that he can be outsmarted by others (often Banner or other people) or his plans can be disrupted (seriously Banner going Hulk somewhere is akin to having a Nuke go off in your face, so any plans involving stuff just pretty much stop dead. Doctor Doom himself has fallen afoul of that, so he is not alone in that happening). I mean to give the guy props he has at least on one occasion not told the good guys his plans instead just refused to provide them with information (something that most villains have failed to do [Incredible Hulk #342]) and he has been given some seriously good lines in the past (see his lines from "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes: Gamma World part 1 & 2, these have been cribbed from several of his past monologues)
Ken

Post by Ken »

So, there's a theory that says that gamma radiation enduced super powers are based on your sub concious wishes.

Apparently, Samuel Sterns' wishes involved getting a lot of head.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

The Riot Squad

Post by Jabroniville »

THE RIOT SQUAD
Created By:
Peter David, Todd MacFarlane & Jeff Purves
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #345 (July 1988)
Role: Mook Team

-Y'know, never having read The Hulk's book growing up, I had no idea about most of his Rogues Gallery aside from the dudes who ended up on Marvel Cards- pretty much just The Leader and The Abomination. Both Gamma-Powered guys. But looking at all the Hulk Villains I've statted, I'm astonished at just HOW MANY of these guys have the same general origin. I mean, I thought Iron Man was bad for all the Evil Armour Guys he fights- Hulk practically ONLY fights Gamma-Powered mutates. Or just strong guys. This is probably why every Hulk movie bombs, yet everyone loved him in The Avengers- dude is GREAT, but only on a team as a Comic Relief/Power Feat guy.

-The Riot Squad is a gang of Leader's Mooks, set out to fight The Hulk (the Grey Version). They were created when he detonated a Gamma Bomb in Arizona, destroying a town and killing many of its inhabitants, leading to various mutations as well. They'd become Leaders Minions & Guards, protecting his home, and once teamed up with The U-Foes to battle Hulk & The Pantheon. Soul Man was killed by HYDRA, while Omnibus became the new leader when Leader was thought-dead. However, he was revealed to be a massive prick, and so they left him to die in the Arctic. They haven't been seen in years, ever since David left the Hulk series. All were pretty much Bystanders who gained fairly-large amounts of power, turning them into Green-Skinned Jobbers, who nonetheless would be annoying for a solo hero to fight. They're pretty much just the Sketchpad Characters of a young, not-yet-famous Todd MacFarlane, and David never seemed to re-use them laster in his run (which lasted another ten years, so you know he had ample opportunity).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Hotshot

Post by Jabroniville »

HOTSHOT (Louis Lembert)
Role:
Blaster
PL 8 (77)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+7)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Gamma Blast 10 [20]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Gamma Blast +6 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Guarding Freehold)
Relationship (Jailbait)

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 10 (77)

-Hotshot is a High School Athlete and Jailbait's boyfriend- he has green hair and shoots Energy Blasts.
Jabroniville

Soul Man

Post by Jabroniville »

SOUL MAN (Jason McCall)
Role:
Super-Powerful Guy
PL 5-12 (125)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Religion) 5 (+7)
Deception 3 (+5)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Near-Omnipotence" Variable 10 (70) -- [71]
  • AE: "Raise the Dead" Healing 10 (Extras: Resurrection) (Flaws: Limited to Others) (20)
Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Near-Omnipotence +4 (+?? Damage, DC ??)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Secret (Embezzler)- Jason stole funds from a church where he had worked.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 71 / Defenses: 8 (125)

-Soul Man is a religious man who nonetheless embezzled funds from his church before the Gamma Bomb gave him super-powers. They're listed as Raising the Dead and... near-omnipotence? GODDAMMIT, BIO-SITES! What the Hell does THAT mean?!? Soul Man was killed in a battle with The Hulk and The Leader. And he gets Variable and likes it ("Near-Omnipotence"; Jesus CHRIST...).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Omnibus

Post by Jabroniville »

OMNIBUS (Burt Horowitz)
Role:
Smart Guy
PL 5 (67)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Salesman) 4 (+12)
Deception 3 (+5)
Persuasion 3 (+5)

Advantages: 
Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Inventor

Powers:
"Super-Intelligence" Quickness 4 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Actions) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Destroying the World and Ruling the Remains)

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 11 (67)

-Omnibus is a Traveling Encyclopedia Salesman who gained a Leader-like scalp and is Super-Intelligent. I'm going to assume by his name and career that he now knows lots of various things, though I don't think you can just learn science via Gamma Radiation.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Ogress

Post by Jabroniville »

OGRESS (Diana Davids)
Role:
Strong Girl
PL 8 (84)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Lawyer) 4 (+7)
Intimidation 6 (+6)

Advantages: 
Fast Grab

Powers:
Impervious Toughness 9 [9]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 7 (84)

-Ogress is the Team Powerhouse- a female lawyer turned into a hideous, hairy green beast Roseanne with a dye-job).
Jabroniville

Jailbait

Post by Jabroniville »

JAILBAIT (Jessie Harrison)
Role:
Snare-er, Barrier Warrior
PL 8 (87)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)

Advantages: 
None

Powers:
"Energy Cage" Create 10 (Extras: Impervious 9) (29) -- [30]
  • AE: Force Field 8 (Extras: Impervious 9) (17)
Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2 (+10 Force Field, +5 Impervious), Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Relationship (Hotshot)

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 2--1 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 10 (87)

-Jailbait is the oddly-named girlfriend of Hotshot, and creates Energy Cages around things- effectively a Create effect.
Jabroniville

Missing Link

Post by Jabroniville »

THE MISSING LINK II (aka Lincoln, Beast-Man)
Created By:
Bill Everette, Roy Thomas & Marie Severin
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #105 (July 1968)
Role: Giant Monster
Group Affiliations: None
PL 9 (115)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Expertise (Coal Miner) 4 (+3)
Intimidation 10 (+9 +10 Size)
Perception 2 (+1)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Power Attack, Startle

Powers:
"Natural Size" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
Radioactive Aura 8 [32]
Impervious Toughness 9 [9]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +4

Complications:
Prejudice (Giant Monster)
Weakness (Explodes)- If a fight goes on long enough, the Missing Link will overheat and explode into multiple shards. He will reform, but it takes a seriously long amount of time.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 12 (115)

-Another "Monster of the Week" for the Hulk to fight, the Missing Link is an ancient creature that was trapped by a volcanic eruption for centuries, released by a Chinese atomic test. The Chinese find him uncontrollable and unstoppable, so they ship him off to New York, where he raises havoc. After several battles with the Hulk, he explodes due to radiation build-up. He reconstructs himself much later in the Appalachian Mountains, where some West Virginian hillbillies find him, name him "Lincoln", and make him one of theirs. Naturally, Bruce Banner just happens to be taken in by the same family, where he confronts "Lincoln" and the two fight. After another explosion, the Hulk leaves and Lincoln becomes more stabilized. Later, the townspeople become sick due to his radioactivity, and the Spaceknight Rom cures him. Later, Lincoln is turned over to the authorities after the destruction of their town. He has not reappeared in decades- his last appearance was in a book Marvel can't even republish anymore!

-The first Missing Link was a one-off "Science Fiction Story" character who was from a post-apocalyptic future. The third was a teleporting member of the "Chain Gang" that faced Sleepwalker. The fourth was a member of the Circus of Crime.

-As a "Late '60s" Hulk opponent, the Missing Link does not require that tremendous a Power Level- he's enough to be a nuisance, but can match up against Banner pretty well until he eventually explodes.
Arkrite

Re: Betty Banner

Post by Arkrite »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:31 am Image
Mmmmm. Red.

I'm just waiting for somebody to throw all these Gamma women in one picture. That's like two red girls, two green girls... and, hell, lets throw some skulls and kree in there ;~)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I wonder if the Leader would also benefit from the same "works best as a team player" as the Hulk?

Yes, he's got a silly look, but it's a fairly iconic one and, yes, his constantly jobbing out to the dumbest hero in comics has damaged his credibility... But not irredeemably, I don't think.

Make the Leader a second-banana to a more established Big Bad Evil Guy who is running some sort of year-long major event arc. Doctor Doom or Magneto or, heck, even Norman Osborne. Those guys usually get some sort of mad scientist flunky to help build the MacGuffin and they usually have some sort of lieutenant who is obviously plotting to betray them. The Leader can be both.

He's perfect for being recast in "The Starscream" trope role and his years battling the Hulk should give him just enough credibility to become legit scary for an issue or two when it's time for hi. To twist the knife.

"Ah... Mr. Grimm. I do believe this is the part where you tell us all that it is the 'clobbering hour' or some such? Break out of cage and come to the rescue of your companions? Yes. That would fit your psychological profile and historical record. Of course, I built that cage to hold someone much, much stronger than you."

"Now, Ms. Storm. I'm sorry, where are my manners, it's Mrs. Richards isn't it? I've been eager to dissect your brain to unlock the secrets of your invisibility since the sixties. I'll need to keep you conscious in order to be sure not to compromise the processes. Ah, I see you e raised one of your 'force fields' to stop my scalpel. I'll just have to use the cutting laser I designed to dissect Dr. Banner."
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Rock & Redeemer

Post by Jabroniville »

ROCK (Samuel John LaRoquette)
Created By:
John Byrne
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #317 (March 1986)
Role: Powerhouse
Group Affiliations: The Hulkbusters, S.H.I.E.L.D., The Assembly of Evil, The Riot Squad
PL 9 (138)
STRENGTH
2/11 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Teacher) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Startle

Powers:
"Malleable Exoskeleton"
Enhanced Strength 9 [18]
Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 11) [19]
Morph 2 (Flaws: Limited to Simple Shapes, Limited to the Same Colour) [6]
"Malleable" Elongation 1 [1]
"Hand Spikes" Penetrating Strength Damage 8 [8]
"Body Spikes" Damage 4 (Extras: Reaction +3) [16]
Extra Limbs 4 [4]
Flight 4 (30 mph) [8]
Regeneration 4 [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Hand Spikes +7 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Body Spikes +7 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +11 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Challenges)- Sam was an adventurous child, and longs for greater adventures and challenges in his life.
Temper- Sam tends to get into arguments, and punches out people who annoy him. This has cost him two jobs already.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 84 / Defenses: 6 (138)

-An argumentative guy, Samuel LaRoquette was hired by Bruce Banner as part of Project Hulkbuster, but is later recruited by The Leader with his teammate Craig "Redeemer" Saunders- both failed Hulkbusters are turned into super-villains and set against The Hulk repeatedly. Rock is later recruited by The Jester to form a team of Avengers-beaters during Acts of Vengeance, but sadly, a gang consisting of Hydro-Man, The Fenris Twins, a robotic Hulk and Cloak & Dagger weren't up to the task. Rock's stone shell is shattered by Thor, but he's happy to be free of imprisonment... it's short-lived, however, as the rock re-forms and he is trapped once again.

-Rock's powers are actually quite cool and original- a Shapeshifting Stone Exoskeleton that gives him multiple powers- Stone Fists, Spikes, Elongation, Extra Limbs, etc. He's durable as hell, but obviously nobody Thor or the Hulk couldn't beat with enough time.

MacFarlane art that's not depicted as always being at night is WEIRD.

REDEEMER (Craig Saunders, Jr.)
Created By:
John Byrne
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #317 (March 1986)
Role: Army Guy
Group Affiliations: The Hulkbusters, The Riot Squad
PL 9 (96)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Explosives) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Soldier) 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Redeemer Powered Armour" (Flaws: Removable) [36]
Protection 7 (Extras: Impervious 9) (16)
"Hand-Cannons" Blast 11 (Feats: Split, Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 5) (29)
-- (45 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Hand-Cannons +8 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+10 Armour, +5 Impervious), Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Atonement)- Craig ruined his career after killing a mother and her child while working on a bomb squad and accidentally triggering a device. He attempts to atone for his mistakes by joining The Hulkbusters.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 7 (96)

-A Bomb Squad operator who ruined everything after a mother and child were killed while he was on the job, Craig didn't have much luck as a Hulkbuster either, having accidentally shot down a teammate during a training exercise. The team was disbanded, but he then joined S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Hulkbusters, where he was captured by The Leader and transformed into Redeemer- a guy in a suit (was he brainwashed or something? Why was he evil now?). He was killed during the destruction of Middletown (??). Looking at the images on ComicVine, I can see that he was killed while fighting The Hulk, getting his head smooshed by a casual backhand (not sure how deliberate that was on the Grey Hulk's part).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Re: Jab's Builds! (Rick Jones! Jarella! The Warbound! Betty Banner/Red Shulk!)

Post by Goldar »

M4C8 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:14 pm
Spectrum wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:08 pm It was a fun project, bringing back all kinds of fond childhood memories of getting deeply into the bio books. I used to draw my parents along to the local gaming store to pick up the newest version of OhothMU or Who's Who. At the time of building the List though, quite a bit older and realizing that while it's enjoyable to sit unmoving in my chair for hours on end, not so great for the health- or for not moving my neck for the same long periods of time.

Also realizing that I was an odd kid- not so much interested in comic books as a whole, far more interested in comic books about metadata on other comic books.

But hey, mildly autistic wasn't an idea 35 years ago.
You're not alone, I quickly became obsessed with Marvel characters when I began reading the comics at the age of eleven (Over twenty years ago) and have been that way ever since, even now I tend to read through bios in handbooks and on websites rather than re-reading actual comic books.
I also enjoy the details, data, powers explained and power rankings of characters!
Last edited by Goldar on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.