Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Marshall BraveStarr

Post by Jabroniville »

Fanart by Brian B3X.

MARSHALL BRAVESTARR
Role:
The Sheriff
PL 9 (143)
STRENGTH
3/8 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+10)
Deception 2 (+6)
Expertise (Lawman) 8 (+11)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Investigation 7 (+11)
Perception 4 (+8, +12 Eyes/Ears)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 4 (+7)
Vehicles 5 (+9)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Benefit (Rank- Galactic Marshal), Equipment 5 (Neutra-Laser Pistol +5, Hatchet +1, Beam Lasso, Trans-Freezer Rifle, Radio, Computerized Visor), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Pistol), Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"The Strength of the Bear" Enhanced Strength 5 & Power-Lifting 1 (12 tons) (11) -- [14]
  • AE: "The Eyes of the Hawk" Senses 3 (Extended Vision 3), Perception +4 & Remote Sensing (Vision) 2 (Flaws: Limited to From Above) (7)
  • AE: "The Ears of the Wolf" Senses 3 (Extended Hearing 3) & Perception +4 (5)
  • AE: "The Speed of the Puma" Speed 6 (120 mph) (6)
Equipment:
"Neutra-Laser" Affiction 6 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Ranged) (12)
"Hatchet" Damage +1 (1)
"Beam Lasso" Snare 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to One Target Group) (18)
"Trans-Freezer Rifle" Snare 6 (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Hatchet +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Strength of the Bear +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Lasso +6 Area (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Trans-Freezer Rifle +10 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)
Responsibility (Peaceful Solutions)- BraveStarr prefers to talk foes down rather than fight them.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 16 (143)

-BraveStarr is a "Galactic Marshall" in New Texas- being a Native American, he can call upon "Spirit Animals" to empower him. This is really only four powers, but it makes him pretty strong in the end. He's PL 8 for the most part, but can upgrade to PL 9 with Strength of the Bear.
Jabroniville

Thirty/Thirty

Post by Jabroniville »

Fanart by AntiheroBrush.

THIRTY/THIRTY
Role:
The Sidekick
PL 8 (117)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 8 (+10)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Lawman) 5 (+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Investigation 5 (+7)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 3 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment 4 (Blunderbuss- Blast 6), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Blunderbuss), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
Animal Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent, Extended Scent) [3]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Morph 1 (Horse Form) (Feats: Metamorph) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Blunderbuss +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 15 (117)

-Thirty/Thirty is maybe the weirdest idea ever- a horse that is also a chief deputy because he's the last "Equestroid"- a race that can turn into bipedal horses at will. He's an argumentative, rougher character who prefers to fight, and uses a big blunderbuss as a weapon. Thirty/Thirty is PL 6.5 unarmed and PL 8 with his Blunderbuss.
Jabroniville

The Wuzzles

Post by Jabroniville »

THE WUZZLES:
Created By: Disney
Era: 1985

-A rare merchandising "miss" from Disney, The Wuzzles was a pretty unique concept which you see a lot more in later times- "Mix & Match Critters". In this case, a band of friendly-looking, cutesy animals that are made up of two animals combined together. Most have pretty clever names (Bumblelion & Eleroo in particular are TERRIFIC), and their land, The Wuz, is full of such things: Castlescrapers, telephonographs, and more.

The line came out in 1985, mixing a series of plush dolls and movable figures along with the usual smorgasboard of affiliated crap (Coloring books! Puzzles! Probably a board game!), and an accompanying TV series... but only the "initial thirteen" were ever ordered. The voice of Moosel, Bill Scott, died unexpectedly around this time and rather than replace him, they just decided to end it. The show had been scheduled against Disney's own Adventures of the Gummi Bears for some reason, which might not have helped. Only repeats were aired the next year. Oddly enough, the line was a bigger success in the UK, where the first episode was shown alongside a re-release of Bambi in theatesr and it got a good time slot alongside said Gummi Bears.

It seems kind of like the Get Along Gang- characters get focus episodes and can be pains in the ass to each other, and there's some scheming villains (who don't get much merch). Stuff like Hoppo trying to become a star in "Hollywuz", Bumblelion getting temporarily rich and straining his friendship with the others, and them meeting a zillionaire tiger/raccoon named Tycoon (oh that's BRILLIANT), who gives them a money tree. Usually it seems pretty low-key, but there's one where the gang is shipwrecked by Pirates (parrots/rats) and Hoppo is nearly sacrificed by savage Pigmice.

The Cast:
BUMBLELION (Bumblebee/Lion): The leader & Main Character. Among the only ones who can fly, and is the bravest of the lot. Probably the most well-designed character. Has a crush on Butterbear.
ELEROO (Elephant/Kangaroo): Has a pouch, despite being male. The second-largest of the gang, and often forgets what he stores in his pouch. Nice, but accident-prone, and best friends with Bumblelion.
BUTTERBEAR (Butterfly/Bear): The only other flier. A gentle, patient gardener.
MOOSEL (Moose/Seal): A tiny antlered pinniped. Imaginative, fearful (he believes in monstesr), and the youngest.
RHINOKEY (Rhino/Monkey): Fun prankster. Best friends with Moosel.
HOPPOPOTAMUS (Rabbit/Hippo): The largest of the gang. A natural singer & actor, but is a pushy, demanding diva, a la Miss Piggy. Has a crush on Bumblelion.

Villains:
CROCOSAURUS (Crocodile/Dinosaur): A brutish, lazy bully who wants what the other Wuzzles have, but doesn't want to apply the effort to acquire it himself *DON'T MAKE A POLITICAL JOKE, DON'T MAKE A POLITICAL JOKE*.
BRAT (Boar/Dragon): Croc's sidekick, who only speaks in sputters and spits, but Croc always understands him. Stupid and incompetent.
FLIZARD (Frog/Lizard): Nicer than the other two, but loyal to Crocosaurus. Isn't that adversarial towards the Wuzzles, but also doesn't show up in as many episodes.
Jabroniville

Teddy Ruxpin

Post by Jabroniville »

TEDDY RUXPIN:
Created By: Worlds of Wonder
Era: 1985-2019

-Teddy Ruxpin is a concept mostly famous for the very unique, distinctive toy, which was a plus animatronic bear that would SPEAK, as it was programmed to move its mouth in sync with cassettes. This could be used on various songs, but was mainly used to verbally speak a variety of "Teddy" stories. I think I only saw one of these as a kid, but I ADORED the long-running 65-episode TV series that accompanied it... which later ended up being a great disappointment when I tried to watch it as an adult, lol.

In any case, Teddy was a VAST success- even bigger than I'd imagined. He was the best-selling toy of both 1985 AND 1986, which is insane (this is a year in which Transformers, G.I. Joe & He-Man were all around, mind you). Books, toys, etc., all came out surrounding the concept of this friendly "Illiop" (Teddy's talking bear species). Eventually, his "Octopede" friend Grubby got a toy, and the two could even engage in conversations by way of a cable.

The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin series was a big one, and one of my first shots of a continuous narrative in a cartoon. The order of the day back then was typically "Standalone Episodes", but Teddy had ARCS. Like, multiple ones. The first batch of "establishing" episodes soon gives way to tons of adventures all around the world of Grundo, featuring Teddy meeting his amnesiac father, fighting a race of evil masked monkey-men called Gutangs, and more. One episode threaded to the next and they eventually went on a huge Macguffin Hunt. This came off as EPIC to me as a kid- I loved ideas like Grubby and his Octopede race (there being multiple ones made me love seeing all the different designs). I remember an evil guy showing Teddy his zoo, featuring an animal that obsessed me for ages: "A creature that grows so hungry, it eats itself every hour!" (the animal turns itself inside out). Another episode had a massive race between all the major characters. Plus the main villain, Quellor, was as bad-ass as any '80s bad guy- a lightning-tossing, horned menace with a face hidden by a mask.

HOWEVER... watching it as an adult, it's pretty cheaply made. Every episode has a spectacularly-awful song, and most of the characters are quite annoying, with bad voice acting and poor animation. The morals are pretty simple, and it's clearly targeted at the very young, with not much for adults to enjoy. I even watched that Ying Zoo episode, and even that didn't hold up (they showed like two animals and they barely did anything- one was a bat that made people into hypochondriacs by suggesting they don't look well). It's mostly just poorly-animated kiddie fluff. But oh well- not everything can hold up.

The cast of characters is pretty huge- the main character is the Illiop named Teddy, who adventures with his friend Grubby, an Octopede (an eight-legged caterpillar-man). They soon meet a human-lookin inventor named Gimmick (his species are actually called Perloons), and join him on his airship in search of treasure. The green troll-hybrid Tweeg is an arch-nemesis, firing cannons at Gimmick's cabin uselessly, and being a general whiny tool. Tweeg's minions are the red, armless Bounders, led by the sarcastic, dry L.B. The gang meet the Fobs (hopping birdlike critters), Fairies, a Prince & Princess of the Illiper race (like humans, but with noseless, round "muzzles" like Tweeg & Grubby have), the Wooly-Whatsit (a very large, pink, super-strong sasquatch-like creature), a nosy reporter, the vicious warrior race known as the Gutangs, and more. Meanwhile, they are opposed Quellor, the Supreme Oppressor of M.A.V.O. (The Monsters and Villains Organization).

Shockingly, despite having the best-selling two toy years running, Worlds of Wonder (Teddy's makers) went bankdrupt in 1988! This floored me given the precious success- apparently the fad just died COMPLETELY, and WoW was unprepared, having estimated on tons of sales and released tons of product. Some bad stock trading and a stock market crash ice the whole company. The rights were sold to Hasbro, who kept Teddy around in various ways. Additional versions were released in 1998 & 2006 by other companies.

Worlds of Wonder toys is pretty important to gamers for a different reason- it gained the sole license to distribute the Nintendo Entertainment System. Retailers, adamant about not selling "video games" since surviving the Video Game Crash of 1983, were pretty much threatened with an ultimatum by WoW- "if you want to sell Teddy Ruxpin and you want to sell Lazer Tag, you're gonna sell Nintendo as well. And if you feel that strongly about it, then you ought to just resign the line now". And so the NES was able to hit stores despite reservations, and ended up being a massive success. Imagine a world in which that DIDN'T happen.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (SilverHawks! Power Lords! T-Rex! BraveStarr!)

Post by Jabroniville »

haha so I'd been kinda thinking about Teddy Ruxpin for a while, but kept forgetting about it, then I remembered the Wuzzles, so these last two have been last-minute additions to this set. I hope everyone had some nostalgic fun with these! And doesn't mind me just blowing off some of them since I'd never seen Centurions or Bionic Six or whatever.

That at least gets some of the shows I've never seen out of the way- I'd always had to turn those down in the past due to unfamiliarity (anyone who saw me post the "New Universe" characters and get endlessly corrected despite having read all the Wikipedia & website bios of the characters will know why), but to me, the TOYS at least are worth nothing. This also let me get my "Dinosaur Dracula/X-Entertainment" on and relive old nostalgia just via writing.

What's Up Next:
* A subject near and dear to my heart- MORE FIGHTING GAMES!!! This time I take a look at the notorious Mortal Kombat rip-off TIME KILLERS! Followed quickly by its successor, BloodStorm, which is as close to what The Simpsons joked about violent video games as any game in history. This'll take at least a bit, depending on how much of a response it gets. I find that Fighting Games can either get a lot of conversation going, or just die on the vine.

* Following that will be what I call "The List- Part II" as Skavenger found some more random Marvel dorks I've never statted. Mostly X-23 side characters. That'll only take a few days!

* Then I'll re-post some old stuff that's so ancient I had to translate SECOND EDITION builds for it- James Cameron's Avatar! He swears he'll release the sequel some time soon!

* Then it'll be another Fighting Game that'll take only a few days- Superior Soldiers!
Davies

Re: The Wuzzles

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:43 pm
-A rare merchandising "miss" from Disney, The Wuzzles was a pretty unique concept which you see a lot more in later times- "Mix & Match Critters". In this case, a band of friendly-looking, cutesy animals that are made up of two animals combined together. Most have pretty clever names (Bumblelion & Eleroo in particular are TERRIFIC), and their land, The Wuz, is full of such things: Castlescrapers, telephonographs, and more.
It's well-remembered enough to get a few nods in episodes of Kim Possible, where Kim mentions that she had "Cuddle Buddies" as a child and villainess DNAmy's initial raison d'etre is to create real versions of these creatures through genetic modification.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Re: The Wuzzles

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:56 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:43 pm
It's well-remembered enough to get a few nods in episodes of Kim Possible, where Kim mentions that she had "Cuddle Buddies" as a child and villainess DNAmy's initial raison d'etre is to create real versions of these creatures through genetic modification.
Yeah I wasn't sure if that was a direct reference, as they were more into the Beanie Baby-like nature of collection regarding them, but it reminded me a lot of the Wuzzles. "So cute- little Pandaroo". Avatar was the big one I recall using it as a major function of the universe.
Gamebook

Re: Jab’s Builds (SilverHawks! Power Lords! T-Rex! BraveStarr!)

Post by Gamebook »

Being a little bit older than you Jab, and British, I missed most of the series you've gone over. How they came over the pond was very irregular I think so it wasn't really possible to watch a series in order all the way through. I caught very few episodes of the Transformers even though I was a huge fan of the toys and the Marvel comic. I saw quite a lot of He-Man because they were put on all the time, but I never got into it, only ever finding it mildly entertaining. My brother and I played Transformers, Star Wars or Battlestar Galactica (with our Legos) a lot but never He-Man, even when I had the opportunity to check out the toys round my friends house. I think I would have liked it more if there had been no Orko, who annoyed the hell out of me then and does so even more now. Of the very few episodes of She-Ra I saw I hardly realised it was meant to be something related to He-Man as it consisted mostly of goofy little characters jumping about and squealing so I thought it was a little kids show.

By the time a lot of these series came out I had stopped watching these adventure cartoons as I was a little older, having turned 12. My viewing preferences had changed since I now had my own room with my own TV so I could watch weird stuff late at night on my headphones, such as when I completely by accident caught 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' without having ever heard of it before and having no idea what I was letting myself in for. The only one I stuck with for some time was Thundercats, even when I was a teen I would still watch it.
Jabroniville

Time Killers

Post by Jabroniville »

TIME KILLERS:
Developed By: Incredible Technologies
Release Date: 1992 (Arcades), 1996 (Sega Genesis)

-And now we come to one of the most infamously terrible video games of all time- Time Killers! Generally seen as a Mortal Kombat rip-off, it had the unique gameplay aspect of being able to sever the arms of your opponents, which would affect their attacks (each button corresponded to one limb). So in bloody manner, you could chop off an arm, reducing their attack power (damage to the legs did not affect the fights). An armless foe could not block, nor use weapons. Stronger attacks could be accomplished by hitting both limb buttons together at once. Pressing all five buttons at once unleashed a "Death Move" which immediately decapitated the opponent, winning the round automatically if it wasn't blocked or dodged. A "Super Death Move" would cut off the head AND both arms simultaneously, but could only be done to a stunned opponent. Each round, severed limbs and heads are restored.

Time Killers was also one of the early weapon-based Fighting Games, pre-dating Samurai Shodown by one year. In the game, you play one of eight warriors from various time periods (most of them in the future, in fact), ultimately battle Death himself as the Final Boss- the winner becomes immortal. Shockingly, four years after the game's release, a home port came out for the Sega Genesis. Like, that is a REALLY long gap, and well after it would have mattered (the Next Generation of consoles had struck around 1995). Apparently the game had been finished by THQ, but was cancelled amidst poor previews, and so they waited an extra two years before dropping it- probably since the console was dying anyways, they might as well gut some money out of it- I dunno.

The game, to be polite, looks like ass. Characters seem big enough and are relatively colorful, but aren't well-designed and their animations are ridiculously limited- most attacks are only one or two frames. Most designs are so unimaginative that you get stuff like "Big fat caveman with blonde hair" and "red-haired viking in plain brown shirt & pants" and that's all the design effort. The very graphical innovation that allows limbs to be hacked off (which, to be fair, is pretty advanced from 1992) also limits things terribly, as it probably crushed their CPU space. Stages are extremely static, featuring little in the way of moving bits- just flickering lights and multiple "layers" of cel graphics. The game looks noticeably muddier and choppier than any of its early-90s contemporaries- even stuff like Fighter's History, much less what SNK & Capcom were doing.

The backstory of the game is shockingly good, however- each of the selectable characters are great heroes with incredible lives, to the point where I would read a comic book series or watch a movie about almost any one of them (provided they didn't look as dumb as they do here)! They're almost all set up as one in a million fighters who go on noble quests or fight horrendous armies. And then you read Death's bio and it turns out that the mysterious origin of nearly all of their enemies comes from HIM! So Thugg faces reptilian overlords who enslave humans, Matrix fought against robots that mysteriously went berserk one day, and Orion avenges his people- slaughtered by a dark energy. And it turns out that Death is responsible for all of it, and now puts every person who's opposed him ("Agents of Life") in a tournament where he hopes to kill the victor, taking control of everything! This is like... way bigger and better than even Eternal Champions, which has a similar schtick (but is more about people who died unfairly getting one last chance).

Reviews for the Genesis port in particular were savage- 3.5/10 or 4/10- stuff like that. The game did not receive a sequel- however, there IS a Spiritual Successor or sorts- Incredible Technologies, who made this game, went on to do the near-identical BloodStorm in 1994. However, this game came and went in a big hurry, and today is extremely obscure. Whereas Time Killers is an infamously horrible game. Why is this more infamous than games that were equally bad or worse, such as Kasumi Ninja or Way of the Warrior? Well, those were on systems like the Jaguar & 3DO. NOBODY owned those systems! Time Killers appeared in arcades (I've seen it myself- in the very small one that used to be near where my friend Jordan lived in Red Deer, Alberta)- people SAW and PLAYED this one!

The Characters:
Thugg- Caveman.
Leif- Viking.
Lord Wülf- Knight.
Musashi- Samurai.
Rancid- Punker (I hate punkers) from Chicago.
Orion- Space Hero.
Matrix- Female Bionic Soldier.
Mantazz- Alien mantis.
Death- Final Boss. Literally Death himself. Looks like an Oni in fight-mode.

Power Levels:
-Most of these characters hover in that PL 7-8 zone: I ultimately went with PL 8 on offense, PL 7 on defense. I don't normally make those so different, but in this case, just LOOK at the fights! Everyone bleeding, everyone being maimed with every shot- they have crap for defenses. Add in the high amounts of Improved Critical and offense-altering techniques everyone has, and you have a recipe for blood.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (T-Rex! BraveStarr! Wuzzles! Teddy Ruxpin!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

One of the tricky things about fighting Death was that he could only be killed with a Death Move - Depleting his health normally wasn't enough.

I still find it incredibly hillarious that Capcom looked at the people that made Time Killers and Bloodstorm and were like "Yeah, let's them have them make us a arcade fighting game based on the Street Fighter movie!"
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I vaguely remember from one of the gaming magazines that either Leif or Thugg (probably the latter) was originally supposed to be a Native American warrior until someone in P.R. decided it sounded liked it wouldn't age well. I vaguely remember a joke about leaving that kind of thing to Jane Fonda...
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Huh, and searching for that quote led me to an article about Weapon Lord.
Jabroniville

Thugg

Post by Jabroniville »

THUGG
Role:
Caveman, Powerhouse
Time Period: 20,000 B.C. (Mesopotamia)
PL 8 (118)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+10)
Athletics 6 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Expertise (Survival) 9 (+11)
Expertise (Military) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 3 (+5)
Persuasion 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Close Attack 1, Equipment 1 (Stone Axe +2), Fearless, Improved Critical (Trog Hocker), Improved Critical (Body Roll), Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Time Killers Fighting Style:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll (Block), Extraordinary Effort (Death Move), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon) 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Power Attack (Death Moves), Quick Draw

Powers:
"Ground Pound" Affliction 6 (Athletics; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded) (6) -- [8]
  • AE: "Trog Hocker" Blast 3 (Reduced Defenses -1, Diminished Range -1) (3)
  • AE: "Body Roll" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Stone Axe +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Body Roll +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Ground Pound +6 Area (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Trog Hocker +10 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5 (+6 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Enemy (The Troglodytes)
Weakness (Predictability)- These fighters cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to their Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 14 + 9 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 10 (118)

-A huge, overweight caveman, Thugg is from Mesopotamia (I mean, that's the earliest human civilization, but an odd choice for a caveman), where a race of evil reptilians had kept his people enslaved for years. Thugg arrived from "The Edge" and was immediately accepted as leader, freeing a death camp and killing dozens of Troglodyte warriors- he ultimately killed the Troglodyte leader, which apparently turned the rest of them away from evil, and they became a more complacent species. Following this, Thugg went back to The Edge and was never seen again. In his finale, he discovers fire.

-Thugg is the brutish powerhouse of the game, fighting a bit like Blanka with leaping Body Rolls. He also has a "Trog Hocker"- his backstory indicates that during the wars against the Troglodytes, he would take a bite out of each opponent, spitting the flesh at the next one, who would be taken aback and thus easier to kill.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Leif

Post by Jabroniville »

"ODINNNNNNNNNNNNN! Hah!"

LEIF
Role:
Viking
Time Period: 829 A.D. (Norway)
PL 8 (118)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Athletics 6 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+12)
Expertise (Viking) 9 (+10)
Expertise (Oratory) 7 (+8)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Vehicles 9 (+11) (Flaws: Limited to Boats)

Advantages:
Close Attack 1, Equipment 1 (Battle Axe +3), Fearless, Improved Critical (Rotoslice), Improved Critical (Super Kick), Ranged Attack 5

Time Killers Fighting Style:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll (Block), Extraordinary Effort (Death Move), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon) 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Power Attack (Death Moves), Quick Draw

Powers:
"Weapon Fighter" Adds Weapon Damage to Special Moves [1]

"Rotoslice" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 7) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliction 7 (Toughness; Dazed & Impaired/Stunned & Disabled) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (11) -- [12]
  • AE: "Super Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Axe +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Super Kick +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Rotoslice +9 (+7 Damage & Affliction, DC 22 & 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Becoming the Ultimate General)
Weakness (Predictability)- These fighters cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to their Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 49--23 / Advantages: 10 + 9 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 13 (118)

-Another powerhouse, Leif (pronounced "Life") is a Viking, but kind of shows off how plain the game's character designs really are- he just looks like... you told a kid to draw a viking and there it was. Plain shirt, big beard, horned helmet, axe- it's FINE, but it doesn't stand out at all. He's described as a charismatic storyteller, boasting about his brave battles against Black Thorn and his evil Black Army. Unable to ever encounter his enemy in battle, Leif made a daring plan- he allowed himself to be captured, and broke free after months of harsh torture. Black Thorn, confident his foe had no more fight in him, was taken by surprise when his enemy sprung to life during a personal execution attempt, and was killed by a fallen axe.

-Leif is a powerhouse fighter like Thugg, but mostly because his weapon is so huge and strong- he's physically a bit lighter, so fights differently.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Power Lords

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:42 pm Image

POWER LORDS- THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL WARRIORS:
Created By: Revell
Era: 1983
Mostly I remember these guys from the comics advertisements, which would usually appear on the back of said comics. I did have a couple of the figures, but the "torso twist" gimmick wasn't particularly enthralling for a kid, and the parts had a tendency to wear out after a while. Honestly, the coolest looking one in the bunch is that guy in the helmet behind the Power Lord there, who I'm pretty sure wasn't part of the original line. Overall, the line's kind of a waste of a cool name like "Power Lords".
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.