The T-Verse [Earth 75]: Dragon Mandarin, Ninjas, & Naginatas, the Storms, Black Fox, Scorpion, Toad

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Tattooedman

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): My Trip To MCU at COSI

Post by Tattooedman »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:45 am
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:11 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:30 am Cool stuff! This is the one that came through Edmonton o think. Sadly i never wound up going to it- cost plus it’s pretty far to travel, and I kept forgetting about it.
Out of curiosity, how much was charged there?
Not sure anymore- I remember it being like 20-30 base price plus probably more for the thing. I did a Star Wars one and a dinosaur one in the past.

https://telusworldofscienceedmonton.ca/tickets/
Yeah, that's pretty much what the costs for me were (right around $50 total for everything to get in). Plus, my wife wanted to go so we paid for her tickets out of our pocket, not a big deal really as we made a date day of it just because we rarely get the chance (and went to a REALLY good Brazilian steak house that was just a few blocks away).
Jabroniville wrote:I do kind of regret not going a BIT. Like you, I’d gain little new info, but the props in Star Wars were neat. I just kind of intended to sometimes but never got around to it.
I was the same about the MCU exhibit, I'd like to go but between the costs & drive there I'd probably not have gone on my own. But since I was gifted the tickets (well, really the money to pay for said tickets) I figured why the hell not.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Return of the Ready To Play Builds

Post by Tattooedman »

So, I know that I'm not really one to be "over sharing" type but I'll be honest - this last year and a half have been really hell for me.

Around last June my grandmother-in-law died. She was a very nice & kind lady who instantly took a liking to me when I started dating my wife almost a decade ago (I mean, you see what I look like in the pictures on the previous page - I know I'm not the kind of guy looks-wise most people what their daughters/granddaughters dating. Lucky for me I'm a nice guy [at least according to my wife - she explains it as "after talking to me for 5 minutes most people realize I'm just a big nerd with a nasty wrapping"]) Gram was a religious woman, but never pushy with it and I NEVER saw her without a smile on her face and something nice to say (really the kind of person who makes you want to believe that the world isn't completely full of asshats). My wife was very close with Gram and even though her health had been slowly going downhill the previous year it is always a shock when their time finally comes.

I should probably point out that also during the previous year I'd been through a few jobs as I was fired from a long-time employer right as COVID was becoming an issue and trying to find a good job was challenging. Pretty much every bad thing you hear about Amazon from the people on the internet that used to work there is 100% true - they gave me fits because I had to change my diabetic medicine because of their insurance wouldn't cover what I had been taking for over a decade and struggled with the changes the new meds cause me. After leaving Amazon I went to a shipping distributing company that was an hour & a half one way (during winter no less), but the fact that there were 20-30 people on propane fueled forklifts that had their backing beeps & horns disabled because they were "a hazard to all the employee's hearing" and running up and down a block & a half long building meant that I rarely went a day without getting hit by another forklift with varying amounts of force (truth be told I was hit so hard one time the only reason I stayed on the forklift was because I was wearing a seatbelt - btw that was the day I decided to look for a new job). What really sucked though was on my last day working there I wrecked my car on black ice (this was not this past November remember, but the one before) and ended up with a nice little concussion & a totaled car that I had just paid off about 6 months prior.

The good news was that other than the concussion I was fine (although I'm sure there are those who would say that was bad enough, and don't get me wrong, it sucked, but otherwise I didn't have a single scratch on me and considering that I tore the entire front end off of my car in the wreck that really surprises me). Luckily, I have always been of the mind to give myself a little time off in between jobs just to recharge my personal batteries (I mean, come on, who is going to quit a job without having a new one lined up and waiting for you?). I spent that time recovering before starting my new job (still driving a forklift, but in a factory moving material, much easier) and lucky for me I have been working there for just over a year now. Yeah, cue the happy music.

The problem was everything else that was going on during that time - I got custody of my youngest daughter (which surprisingly smoother than when I got custody of my oldest) and she had a lot of problems due to her previous living situation that required her to see a psychologist. My dad's health had taken a bad turn to the point that he had to wear an oxygen tank 24/7 which put another strain on the family. It was around this point in time that Gram passed away, so a lot of raw feelings combined with all the quarantine restrictions (my wife worked from home & rarely got out while I had to go into work and then the barely leaving the house unless we were getting groceries or something along those lines). Meanwhile my dad's health continued to decline but he stayed positive and enjoyed himself as best he could given how things were.

Then August rolled around, and I started having a lot of pain that I, mistakenly, thought was due to my almost never ending sinus problems - inner earache, sore jaw, hurt to eat, and my usual treatments barely did much to make it any better. Then I got sick, like full on fever, cold chills, body ache that hurt more than anything I could recall in the past few years (honestly, I thought I'd gotten COVID) but after a couple days (during which I didn't go to work - a very rare thing for me) I felt better as all the fever, chills, and aches had disappeared. The only thing I had problems with was the right side of my jaw that was swollen like I'd been hit by a bat and was solid to the touch, so I went to the local urgent care thinking that I had simply gotten a really bad sinus infection only to be told that I needed to go to the local ER because the urgent care doctors had no idea what was wrong with me let alone what they could do about it.

Long story short that was the day I ended up admitted to Ohio State University Hospital because I had a tooth that had gone bad and had been leaking pus into my jaw & throat for almost 2 weeks (which was why my jaw was swollen - it was full of pus) and had given me a bacterial infection & I needed emergency surgery to not only drain all the pus out but also to remove the bad tooth. I ended up with 2 holes in my neck with drains left in them to allow the remaining pus the doctors couldn't get out to drain fully and the doctors were highly worried that the infection had given me blood poisoning. That led to me spending over a week in OSU's "High Risk" ward where I ate the softest food possible and took a ridiculous amount of IV antibiotics to fight off the infection I had developed.

Simply put, I had almost died and did not realize just how close I came to it (and in all honesty, I still don't).

Unfortunately, the hits kept coming. The day I first went into the hospital is the day my dad died.

Just a drop-dead heart attack. The good news, to me, is that he didn’t feel any pain.

So, my mom was left to handle the aftermath of all that & I was stuck in the hospital (which my mom told me to stay at because I was about to check myself out to help her). Thankfully my oldest daughter (who had just turned 21 and moved out of my house a few months prior) and my wife were able to help handle matters as well as keep me up to date on what was going on & visiting me daily (even though I told them not to & to be with my mom [who ironically was telling them both to go be with me as much as possible]).

This was the point that I kinda put my gaming on hold, or more accurately I pulled the plug on the game I was running as I just didn’t have the mental fortitude to give that game the proper amount of attention it deserved. I hated to do it but with everything that had been going on in my life I had become very depressed, so much so that I struggled to function. I mean it was forcing myself to get out of bed, forcing myself to go to work (where I would self-isolate because I just could not handle people unless I absolutely had to). I was barely eating enough; sleep was a joke as I was lucky if I got a solid 3 hours a night and a liberal amount of power naps throughout the day. I finally managed to get in touch with a councilor and am in a much better place mentally, but it took work and I’m just now starting to feel close to what I would consider “normal” for me.

Early into my depression, I found that one thing I could do to help me take my mind off everything was building characters. No matter how bad I was feeling in my head, I kept coming up with ideas for characters. Here the last few days I’ve posted several of the ones I did during that time and there are more to come, and I think I’ve come up with some pretty interesting/fun characters to use at some point in a game I plan to run in the future.

That said I don’t want to go too crazy with characters for the T-Verse, but I still have ideas that I’ve built. So I thought it’d be interesting to bring back something I had seen done on the boards but haven’t seen recently – Ready To Play Builds. Originally done by BGIII, she did what most of us comic obsessed gamers do – build our favorite heroes & villains in our preferred game system and fit them within the PL/150 pp limits of the RAW. A few years ago I did my own version of the RTPB using characters I thought were interesting and I know that Woodclaw did a set of his own as well but that was back when the GR supported boards were working which is sadly no longer the case.

So this time around my take on the RTPBs will still be done RAW, well 99% RAW that is. There are a couple homebrewed Advantages I prefer to use that I feel work well in the system, but the big difference is that I’ll be doing all original characters this time around. Although I won’t do anything in regards to character backstory, that way if someone would like to use the build they can make their own story for the character or tweak the build in whatever way they might want, idk, help yourself & I’m happy to have helped in any way possible.

So thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings, hope you all enjoy the builds.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

RTPB - Gemini

Post by Tattooedman »

Ready To Play Build: Difficulty Rating [Mid]
Gemini:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 5
Dexterity 5
Fighting 4
Intellect 5
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+11), Intimidation 7 (+8), Investigation 6 (+11), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Thrown Weapons] 3 (+15), Stealth 6 (+11), Technology 6 (+11), Treatment 6 (+11)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Benefit [Wealth (Well-Off)], Close Attack 2, Contacts, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 3, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-all-Trades, Multilingual, Luck, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Skill Mastery [Expertise (Criminal)], Skill Mastery [Investigation], Skill Mastery [Stealth], Tracking, Well-Informed

Powers: Gimmick Boomerangs: (Easily Removable –6 pts) [7 pp]
Boomerang: Ranged Damage 5 (Feat: Improved Critical)
-Stun Gas Boomerang: Ranged Affliction 3 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted and Overcome by Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Cloud])
-Swingline Boomerang: Movement 2 [Safe Fall, Swinging]

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +6 // Unarmed Attack +10
Ranged Attack +12 // Thrown Weapons Attack +15

Defense: Dodge +13
Parry +13
Toughness +5*/+3 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: Headquarters (15 ep): Size: Large; Toughness: 10; Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Infirmary, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Security System, Workshop

Costs: Abilities 56+ Skills 31+ Advantages 28+ Powers 7+ Defenses 28= 150 pts.

Complications:
Motivation ~Doing Good: Gemini seeks to make amends for the illegalthings his great grandfather did to build the family fortune.

Secret Identity: The fact that Gemini is xxxxx, is a secret he keeps to protect his family and friends.

Notes & Comments:
So we’re doing a Crime Fighter for the first build and for the most part I will be using the tables, except when choosing the initial theme (in this case picking from Dark Avenger, Detective and Inventor). For something a little different for me, I’ll go with Inventor.

Now with my build style I try to keep things a bit balanced in terms of pp cost and what I’m looking to do with the build. I tend to have Fighting at Rank 4 and use either Skills or Advantages to increase it and this time is no different and while I’m using the Inventor option for the build I don’t see him using a lot of uniquely special gadgets so I’ll trim the Intellect down to Rank 5 (which makes him smarter than average, but more in line with someone like the Phantom [at least IMO]). The good news is that will give me some pp to play around with to fine tune the build once I’m done rolling on all the tables because I’m sure most of us know that dice & tables can be fickle.

I’ll make use of some of the “left over” pp I’ve got from trimming down a few Abilities and lower the ranks of Athletics then add some new skills (Expertise [Criminal] and Investigation) . Another tweak I’m going to do is trade off the Assessment Advantage for Accurate Attack (as I view Assessment as something more for a Martial Artist themed build and Accurate Attack would be more useful to this character). Then I’ll trade out Skill Mastery [Expertise (Streetwise)] for Skill Mastery [Expertise (Criminal)] and trade out the 3 ranks of Languages for Multilingual (a homebrew Advantage I use in my games) as I don’t see Languages being used that often so spending an occasional HP to be able to speak any language needed in a scene feels fair to me and it gets me back 2 pp to spend in other ways.

At this point I’ve still got 10 pp left before hitting the 150 pp limit for starting characters. So I’ll throw in some Ranks in Ranged Combat [Thrown Weapons] just because he’ll be using boomerangs as a signature weapon and makes him a bit more of a threat. So now I think I’ll take advantage of those remaining pp to build up his Defenses since he’s only got a Rank Toughness 5. Now there’s just 1 pp left to spend so I’ll go to an old standby of mine and get a rank of the Luck Advantage (because let’s be honest – having an extra HP is always a good idea). So that’ll bring the build to 150 pp total (at least by my math, which could be suspect, but I did use a calculator so I’m pretty sure I’m good).

Overall Gemini fits the street level them of the Crime Fighter archetype, but against opponents with high Toughness Ranks he will struggle. The player will have to make the most of the combat Advantages Accurate Attack and Power Attack to adjust their combat bonuses and Improved Defense when they need to get through a round until it is their turn. Where the Crime Fighter really excels is in the realms of investigating & gathering information (which some players don't want to deal with, and honestly some GMs don't want to either).

I gave Gemini a Difficulty Rating of Mid mostly because Crime Fighters, in the game, tend to end up playing "Minion Mash" while their more physically powerful compatriots deal with the big threat.

Dice Rolls:
Background Advantages: 1D20+0 = [16]+0 = 16 = World Traveler.

Mental Advantages: 1D20+0 = [1]+0 = 1 = Criminologist.

Mental Advantages: 1D20+0 = [19]+0 = 19 = Sleuth.

Physical Advantages: 1D20+0 = [20]+0 = 20 = Thief.

Skills (Inventor): 1D20+0 = [3]+0 = 3 = Athlete & Expert.

Powers/Equipment = (Inventor) Gadgets; Powers/Equipment (Gadgets): 1D20+0 = [11]+0 = 11 = Gimmick Gadgets.
Art by Gaston25 on DeviantArt.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Return of the Ready To Play Builds

Post by Jabroniville »

Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:14 pm

So this time around my take on the RTPBs will still be done RAW, well 99% RAW that is. There are a couple homebrewed Advantages I prefer to use that I feel work well in the system, but the big difference is that I’ll be doing all original characters this time around. Although I won’t do anything in regards to character backstory, that way if someone would like to use the build they can make their own story for the character or tweak the build in whatever way they might want, idk, help yourself & I’m happy to have helped in any way possible.

So thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings, hope you all enjoy the builds.
Yikes- crazy stuff, dude. That's a hell of a lot of things to happen all at once, and I'm sure such a terrible job can wear away at you (WTF is with the lack of noise from the forklifts? Isn't that a violation of workers rights?). I know a few people in similar boats, but certainly not AS much, and not all in such quick succession! I'm glad things are going a bit better! Good luck for the future!
catsi563

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Return of the Ready To Play Builds

Post by catsi563 »

a violation fo workers rights and a violation of osha standards and rules
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:50 am a violation fo workers rights and a violation of osha standards and rules
Yep. Bitch of it is that the company has been reported & fined several times for it & they just pay the fine & keep on with what they're doing.

It was another of the reasons I left there.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Tattooedman wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:51 pm
catsi563 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:50 am a violation fo workers rights and a violation of osha standards and rules
Yep. Bitch of it is that the company has been reported & fined several times for it & they just pay the fine & keep on with what they're doing.

It was another of the reasons I left there.
Yep, the government is not the solution to any problem.

Except blowing stuff up. That, they do really well.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

hardly the govs fault think what the company would be doing without the gov there to go naughty naughty
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

kenseido wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:34 am Yep, the government is not the solution to any problem.

Except blowing stuff up. That, they do really well.
catsi563 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:42 am hardly the govs fault think what the company would be doing without the gov there to go naughty naughty
Part of the problem with most OSHA reportings is that most times the companies are aware of when the OSHA reps are coming & can do a "clean up" to pass said inspection. The other half the issue, is when OSHA does do an inspection that's due to a reported violation they literally come in & talk with management first and they have to tell the company being inspected when the report was made, and they typically can figure out that someone they fired within a week of that call is to blame & the whole thing is written off as a false report and no actual inspection happens.

On the off chance an inspection is done enough time has passed since the OSHA rep showed up on site that a "quick fix" could be done to pass.

Sadly, I've seen all these things happen at past jobs I've worked.
Tattooedman

RTPB - Warbird

Post by Tattooedman »

Ready To Play Build: Difficulty Rating [Easy]
Warbird:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 2
Intellect 3
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 0 (+6), Expertise [Science] 10 (+13), Insight 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+6), Technology 12 (+15)

Advantages: Close Attack 6, Equipment 3, Improved Initiative, Inventor, Skill Mastery [Expertise (Science)], Skill Mastery [Technology]

Powers: Warbird Battle Armor: (Removable –18 pts [72 pp]
Armored Shell: Protection 8 (Extra: Impervious)
Combat Computer:
Enhanced Skills 2 [Acrobatics +4] (Flaw: Limited [Only When Flying])
Enhanced Advantages 2 [Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack]
Enhanced Dodge 4
Enhanced Parry 4
Environmental Seals:
Enhanced Fortitude 4
Immunity 10 [Life Support]
Mental Screen: Enhanced Will 4
Plasma Driven Wings: Flight 7 (Feat: Move-By Action)
Communication Systems: Communication 2 [Radio]
Sensors: Senses 3 [Infravision (Tracking 2)]
Plasma Weapon Array: (Removable - points) [ pp]
Plasma Blaster: Ranged Heat Damage 10 (Feat: Accurate 4)
-Plasma Disrupter: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Dodge and Overcome by Fortitude] (Feat: Accurate 4)
-Plasma Rockets: Ranged Heat Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Feat: Accurate 4); (Flaw: Reduced Range)
-Plasma Barrage: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack); (Feat: Accurate 4); (Flaw: Reduced Range)
-Plasma Burst: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Cone])

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2 // Plasma Weapon Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10*/+4 [*Warbird Battle Armor]
Parry +10*/+2 [*Warbird Battle Armor]
Toughness +10*/+2 [*Warbird Battle Armor (Impervious 8)]
Fortitude +8/+4 [*Warbird Battle Armor]
Will +8*/+4 [*Warbird Battle Armor]

Equipment: Headquarters (15 ep): Size: Large; Toughness: 10; Features: Communications, Computer, Fire Prevention System, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System 2 [DC +10], Workshop

Costs: Attributes 36+ Skills 17+ Advantages 13+ Powers 72+ Defenses 9= 150 pts.

Complications:
Motivation ~Responsibility: Warbird feels that he has a responsibility to use the battlesuit to help others.

Relationships: Warbird has several friends, most of who, that are not aware of his heroic alter ego.

Secret Identity: The fact that Warbird is xxxxx, is a secret he keeps to protect his family and friends.

Weakness: The Warbird battlesuit is a prototype that suffers additional damage (+100%) from magnetic attacks.

Notes & Comments:
This time around I’m taking a stab at a Battlesuit character, and again I’m using the Archetype Quickstart Tables from the Deluxe Hero’s Handbook.

Dice Rolls:
Abilities: 1D20+0 = [19]+0 = 19 = Accidental.
Here is part of where I like to play around with things a bit, the stats aren’t that bad but I personally don’t care for a Stamina 1, so I’ll trade off a rank of Agility to raise Stamina to 2.

Advantages: 1D20+0 = [16]+0 = 16 = Scientist.
Advantages 2: 1D20+0 = [4]+0 = 4 = Combatant. Interesting combination, but definitely something that works although I feel like I’m going to do some minor tweaks.
~Edit: Yep, did a few small tweaks. I took all the combat related Advantages and made them part of the Battle Armor, then traded Interpose for Inventor. I felt that fit the character better.

Skills: 1D20+0 = [18]+0 = 18 = Student.
Skills 2: 1D20+0 = [9]+0 = 9 = Sciences. Again, an interesting combination. Now with those 2 skill sets there is a bit of overlap and I’m of the mind that that is ok, just combine the ranks, but I also would allow trading out ranks in one skill for ranks in a different skill – in this case the Expertise [Science] and Technology skills combine while I’ll trad out the 4 ranks of Perception in the Student skill set for 4 ranks of Insight.

Offensive Powers 1: 1D20+0 = [4]+0 = 4 = Electro-Stunner, but we’re gonna call it a Plasma Disrupter.

Offensive Powers 2: 1D20+0 = [11]+0 = 11 = Micro-Rockets. Now this attack power doesn’t have any ranks of Accurate so what I’ll do is add the Flaw Reduced Range to get back some points to add Accurate. Also, I like attack array to have something of a theme to them & this one is going to be Plasma so this will get renamed (Plasma Rockets) and will have the heat descriptor.

Offensive Powers 3: 1D20+0 = [14]+0 = 14 = Omni-Blaster, a minor tweak of the name (Plasma Burst) and this is fine.

Offensive Powers 4: 1D20+0 = [5]+0 = 5 = Plasma Bolts, again a slight name change (Plasma Barrage) but the power is the same as in the book.

Now with the Utility Powers I’m going to switch around the Senses so that the armor has Infrared with Tracking.

Movement Powers: 1D20+0 = [15]+0 = 15 = Rocket Turbines. One more time a slight change of name (Plasma Driven Wings) and instead of having a Swimming alternate power I’ll spend that pp to expand the Tracking on the Infravision.

I did not have as much “left over” pp by the time I was done figuring out all of the tables as I did with the Gemini build. However, I didn’t feel like that was a problem. I always try to keep in mind that a newly made character is basically having their debut issue and there is room for them to grow as things progress. Warbird is more of a ranged fighter than anything else and sports a good selection of skills and advantages that let him handle most technical problems a hero might run afoul of. So basically, he’s the kind of hero that plays the hit & run style of fighting with some serious science skills (especially with some of the Advantages he has), which to me, would make him a solid addition to any starting group.

Which is why I rated Warbird with an Easy Difficulty Rating – fighting wise he should stick to ranged attacks make good use of his movement speed to zip around a combat area taking shots at opponents. His science and technology skills are straightforward enough that he can easily handle most DCs a GM can throw out during an adventure.
Art by Gaston25 on DeviantArt.
Tattooedman

RTPB - Extendo

Post by Tattooedman »

Ready To Play Build: Difficulty Rating [Mid]
Extendo:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 2
Intelligence 2
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 10 (+12), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise [Pop Culture] 4 (+6), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+8)

Advantages: Defensive Roll, Evasion, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Improved Taunt, Move-By Action, Prone Fighting, Set-Up, Taunt, Teamwork

Powers: Stretcher Physiology:
Hardened Fists: Strength-Based Damage 6
-Grabber Hands: Enhanced Strength 6 (Flaw: Limited [Grab Checks Only])
Stretchy:
Elongation 8
Enhanced Advantages 14 [Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Interpose, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close; Cover), Takedown 2]
Movement 6 [Safe Fall, Slithering, Sure-Footed, Swinging, Wall-Crawling 2)
Protection 7 (Extra: Impervious 8); (Flaw: Limited [Impervious Only vs Bludgeoning Damage])
Speed 3
Puddle: Insubstantial 1 [Liquid] (Feat: Precise)

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +2 // Unarmed Attack +12
Ranged Attack +2

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +10*/+9 [*Defensive Roll (Impervious 8 - Only vs Bludgeoning Damage)]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 32+ Skills 25+ Advantages 10+ Powers 57+ Defenses 28= 150 pts.

Alright, here we go again. This time around I’m doing a challenging build – the Shapeshifter. Now this time around I’m going to roll for powers first, that way I can get an idea of a concept and roll along.

Powers: 1D20+0 = [18]+0 = 18
= Stretcher. Alright I can work with that easy enough.

Now we’ll start with the rolling from the top, starting with abilities.

Abilities: 1D20+0 = [8]+0 = 8 = Everyman.

Advantages: 1D20+0 = [3]+0 = 3 = Fast Reaction Speed. Now with the powers & Abilities he has I feel like all those ranks of Defensive Roll aren’t needed so I’m going to trim it down to 1 rank.

Skills: 1D20+0 = [13]+0 = 13 = Investigator. Here I’ll switch out the Investigation skill for Stealth and leave the rest the same (since I was starting to get some Elongated Man vibes here).

Going back to the powers now, there are some things I’m going to take out - Morph 2 (Humanoid Forms), Distracting; Movement (Environmental Adaptation - Tight Spaces); and Enhanced Skill 4 (Close Combat: Grab +8). I just feel that they don’t really add anything useful to the build overall and when starting out I feel like you’ve got to be really dialed in and tight with your pp spending.

I gave Extendo a Difficulty Rating of Mid mostly because trying to understand the rules on Grab attacks can be difficult even for people who have been playing for a while (as that doesn’t come up too much except for characters like Extendo, that specialize in it). Added to that is his having Taunt & Improved Taunt (one of my homebrew Advantages that allows a character to do a Taunt as a move action) along with Set-Up, which would allow Extendo to help out potential teammates during a fight. Otherwise he’s got some interaction skills to contribute when there’s no fighting to be done and that can be a bit confusing to new players but a good GM can guide them through those first few times and help them understand what needs to be done.
ART AND COSTUME DESIGN BY BONG LEAL.

Character by MARS RAVELO'S MARVELOUS CHARACTERS, INC. PROPERTY.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri May 27, 2022 7:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

yeah i did a run of RTP builds using the random gen and ran into some of the same issues they needed ""tweaking"" here and there to really fit

Catsi stories
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Tattooedman wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:41 am Part of the problem with most OSHA reportings is that most times the companies are aware of when the OSHA reps are coming & can do a "clean up" to pass said inspection. The other half the issue, is when OSHA does do an inspection that's due to a reported violation they literally come in & talk with management first and they have to tell the company being inspected when the report was made, and they typically can figure out that someone they fired within a week of that call is to blame & the whole thing is written off as a false report and no actual inspection happens.

On the off chance an inspection is done enough time has passed since the OSHA rep showed up on site that a "quick fix" could be done to pass.

Sadly, I've seen all these things happen at past jobs I've worked.
And I have worked with the FDA. If anything, they are worse. They literally won't look at any of your processes or risk analysis until your product kills someone. That was paraphrased from an actual FDA Auditor at a training class about FDA design processes and documentation.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Sadly most agencies are limited by budget and whose in charge at the time, One minute FEMA is run by a moron who doesnt evne know what a hurricane is which leads to the katrina response being badly bungled, then the next its led by someone who actually knows what theyre doing and who manages Sandys damage admirably.

the post office is an even more recent example of what happens when someone actively tries to destroy it from within

Catsi stories
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

I'm really sorry how much you've had to endure the past two years, Tattooed Man; I can relate to much of what you talked about above, but fortunately I haven't had to go through them so close together, one after another. I really admire your resiliency and positive attitude. And thank goodness both your finances and health are on the mend. The past two years have brought their share of upheaval for me and mine as well, though I've been fortunate not to suffer any serious illness or injury throughout. Though last March through May were pretty stressful, with both close and extended family members having crises which I did my best to help out with, and the loss of a childhood friend to a drug overdose, which was rough. My time and mental energy was depleted enough that I came in over ten days late on a freelance project, which is the first time I've missed deadline in a decade.

T-Man, I've always really enjoyed your posts and I loved what you did with my Candy Crew villains. Hope you're back in full-force here.

All my best.