[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by jmucchiello »

"I'm trying to find the girl. Her name is Ahnah. She ran away from my client, the driver of the car. His name is Haru" Kira says. "Sorry for the deception. But no one has seen her in two or three days. And apparently she was running from something scary. You say you know her. May I ask how?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"I just see her sometimes, with that kappa. Her boyfriend I guess. She's missing? Was someone stalking her?" KAren turns back to the monitor with a frown, rewinding to watch the footage again. "Damnit Frank... You're supposed to watch out for this stuff."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Before this video, we had no idea if she just walked away willingly or if something foul happened," Kira says. "Is there anything you can see in this video that looks unusual. Any little thing might help." She receives the text message from Felix. Glancing at it quickly she says, "Oh, my, apparently there have been a series of abductions over the last few weeks. Of people who are like Ahnah. Finding Ahnah has now become even more important. They are others now as well."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Though she goes through the clip several times, nothing else seems to stick out to either Kira or the cashier. There's a brief muzzle flash near the camera, Ahnah startles, she's something that alarms her, and then rushes offscreen. Just to be on the safer side, the event is clipped and sent to Kira's phone via text. She promises to get back in touch with the kitsune if something else comes up, though she's not sure there's anything else she can provide. "I hope you find that wendigo girl- you said her name was Ahnah, right? Good luck."

When she eventually joins up with the team (sans cheyenne) Kira would be able to provide a direction the victim went. At a glance she was last seen moving in a direction that both leads further towards the city's western edge. The taxidermist shop is more south-easterly.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Wheeljack Prime

Post by Wheeljack Prime »

Mimi "Neko Mimi" Nomura
Dodge: 10, Parry: 10, Tough: 6/3, Fort: 6, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Condition: Normal

"What can you google up about the address?" Mimi asks as she leans in close to the map to get a look at the building, momentarily projecting her ears on the wall when she gets in Felix's line of sight. "We should figure the best ways out so we can block them off."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: Injured 3 | HP:2
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Super-Senses
Vampire Array: Dominate

"So... we're checking out a taxidermy place?" Phillip confirms.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

KIra steps out of the store and walks out of sight of the interior and any cameras pointed at the front door before teleporting to some bushes near the group. In fox form, she steps out of the bushes and returns to human shape. "Hi, that was fruitful. Watch this." She generates an illusion in mid-air that shows the images of Ahnah exiting the car, getting frightened by something, and running off on all fours. "Something bad definitely happened but there's nothing else on the tape so no idea what frightened her. What have you discovered?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

"What scared her," Felix says, pointing to the roof, "Cheyenne found brass on the roof. It looks like somebody took a shot at her with some kind of gun. And apparently there's some kind of unusual symbols carved into it."

"On top of that we have a lot of missing people in the area. It looks like they were targeting anybody who didn't look human, or could change their appearance to something that didn't look human, and vampires,"
He points to the map, "We might have found where they're working out of too. A taxidermy shop. Extra creepy, but we won't know if it's anything until we check it out."

He frowns, "But she's moving in the opposite direction of the shop. She ran... that way, and the shop is over there,"
Felix says pointing to the west, then to the south east.

"I'd rather follow the direction she went before we go to check out the Taxidermy shop," He hesitates, "Not that we have much of a way of tracking her, unless you found some magic on that shell, Cheyenne? Do you think you can track that?"

The bullet was on the rooftop, there had to be less traffic in that area, he reasoned. If they were lucky maybe there was some traces left. Maybe the assailant used the rooftops to move around.

He looks around, "We kind of need to wait until our ride shows up anyways so it can't hurt to check, right?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: Injured 3 | HP:2
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Super-Senses
Vampire Array: Dominate

With an actual video of the occurrence that opens up options.

"We should take a moment to try to find that bullet." Phillip says. "We know where she was when the shot was likely taken. We have the angle of the shooter." He looks up to the roof. "And we know it didn't hit her. It could be buried in the street or might have ricocheted off and shattered. Shall we look for that? a few minutes at least?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira "Foxy" Donal
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 8, Fort: 8, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 2, Form: Fox, Condition: Normal, unless scrying, then Concentrating.

"I might have a way to track her. But it's unreliable and she would need to be asleep. If nothing pans out tonight, I will attempt this in wee hours of the morning," she says. "For now, where is that taxidermy shop exactly? I can view it from here."

Once they give her the location/direction&distance, Kira uses her remote sense (sight/sound) to look at the shop and the surrounding area.

Perception check: 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"If you think it'll help, sure," Felix says, "But if we can't find it in ten to fifteen maybe we should leave that for Cheyenne's cop buddy. They got more bodies, the expertise and they get paid for this."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: Huntress
"I'd rather follow the direction she went before we go to check out the Taxidermy shop," He hesitates, "Not that we have much of a way of tracking her, unless you found some magic on that shell, Cheyenne? Do you think you can track that?"
"Yes I can." she said a low rumble to her voice that bespoke her anger.
If you think it'll help, sure," Felix says, "But if we can't find it in ten to fifteen maybe we should leave that for Cheyenne's cop buddy. They got more bodies, the expertise and they get paid for this."
"Were waiting for Nolan to secure this scene and evidence, but once they do that were going, Im not letting this monster get away, I;'m hunting them down and ending this here tonight."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Oh, we aren't moving at all until the authorities arrive.... al-right then." Phillip draws out that last word.
The taxidermist shop to the SouthEast, how far away is it?
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I don't have Nolan's number," Felix says again, then notes, "But I don't think you should get your hopes up, Cheyenne. It's been a couple days and it's raining. The only evidence in the area that hasn't been destroyed is probably the brass you're holding onto."

He bites back a sigh, "Look, if you absolutely have to have somebody babysit the area that's fine, but it can't be you. If you can track this you need to do that first. Our first responsibility needs to be saving the girl. Whoever did this went after her, and might still be after her."

"Dealing with the bad guy can come after helping her."

"I'll sit here with the brass while you guys go looking,"
Felix offers.

His expression is in line with somebody who just ate an entire lemon. He avoided the police as much as possible, and had just started warming up to Michael, a little. Getting mixed up with the police always seemed like an invitation for more scrutiny than he was comfortable with.

Especially when one owned and armored personnel carrier which may or may not have been entirely street legal.

"Still going to need that phone number, though."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira continues to concentrate.