J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Catman: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Catman: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

You never know
Thorpocalypse

Deadshot: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Let me tell you something about me. Life is the most valuable thing we have, right? When you take a life, that should mean something, right? When I killed my brother, I felt nothing. No guilt, no remorse -- nothing. And he was the one person in this world I ever gave two damns about. They lied to me -- about the importance of life. The only life anybody really cares about is their own and I don't even care about that. You understand? I'm just killing time, waiting to die. - Deadshot

DEADSHOT
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 9; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 6-1
Weight: 202
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Gotham City, NJ, USA
Team Affiliations: Suicide Squad; The Secret Six

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+10), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 5 (+5), Expertise [Mercenary] 9 (+10), Expertise [Trick Shooting] 14 (+15), Insight (+3), Intimidation 7 (+7), Perception 10 (+13), Ranged Combat [Guns] 4 (+15), Sleight of Hand 3 (+9), Stealth 8 (+11), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (1) (Guns), All-Out Attack (1) (Guns), Deadeye*, Equipment (5), Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Guns), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack (1) (Guns), Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack (5), Quick Draw, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Wrist Magnums: 18 pts Traits, Removable (-4 pts); 14 pts
Silenced Magnums: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5 (Extra: Subtle); 16 pts
Wrist Rockets: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 7 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius, 4 ranks only], Flaw: Inaccurate, Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Killshot: Ranged Ballistic Damage 5 (Extra: Penetrating 5, Homing, Incurable, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Armored Costume: Protection 2, Feature 1 (Conceals vital signs from normal senses); 3 pts
Eyescope Mask: Senses 3 (Normal Sight [Extended], Infravision, Low-Light Vision), Immunity 2 (Critical Hits, Flaw: Limited to ballistics); 5 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Arsenal: (13 pts)
Sniper Rifle: Ranged Ballistic Damage 5, Dangerous, Extended Range (50/100/250); 12 pts
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 1 pt
3 pts as needed for situation

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +2; Knife +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +11
Guns +15 [Sniper Rifle +5, Critical 18-20; Wrist Magnums +5, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Heavy Pistol +4, Critical 19-20]
Wrist Rockets +13 [Wrist Rockets +7, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Death Wish: Deadshot will often take any chance to die in a spectacular fashion.
Honor: Deadshot will always finish a job he has been paid to do.
Relationships: His daughter, Zoe, and despite his words to the contrary, he does look for the rest of the Secret Six, especially Catman.
Rivalry: Bullseye, Deadpool, Deathstroke.
Wanted: Amanda Waller is keen on bringing him back to the Suicide Squad.

Abilities 56 + Skills 39 (78 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 14 + Defenses 19 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Had to take my own run at Deadshot. I just didn’t see him as PL11 like in H&V, even though he has done some pretty kick-ass stuff and held his own against Batman and others. I didn’t stray far from the DCA build, but I had to add my own tweaks in addition adjusting his PL.

Secret Origins: Floyd Lawton, alias Deadshot is often a hired assassin, regularly boasting to "never miss." He is capable of using a large variety of weapons, but prefers using a pair of silenced, wrist-mounted guns. Various reasons have been cited for his lack of regard for life, but the most common thread in them is his parents' peculiar hatred for one another, so much so that Lawton's mother tried to hire both her sons to kill their father. Younger Floyd idolized his brother. His mother convinced his brother to kill their father. His brother locked Floyd outside, but Floyd, wishing to save his brother from a grim future, took a rifle to shoot the gun out of his brother's hand. He was sitting in the tree branch when it broke and Floyd accidentally shot his brother in the head. Lawton inadvertently killed the brother he loved to save the father he hated. At that point, he decided from then on that he would “never miss” again.

The Story so Far: He initially appeared in Gotham City as a new crimefighter, but was revealed to be an enemy of Batman when he attempted to replace the Dark Knight. When this plan failed, he attempted to become king of Gotham's Underworld. Batman and Commissioner Gordon publicly exposed his plot, and he went to jail.

After serving his term, Deadshot began hiring his services out as an assassin, changing his costume from the top coat and tails he previously wore to his now more familiar red jumpsuit and distinctive metal face plate with a targeting device on the right side. He has been a major figure in the Suicide Squad in several incarnations, where his skills as a marksman and his absence of care for human life served to greatly further the group's objectives. Deadshot almost got his wish to die when he confronted a Senator who was threatening to expose the Suicide Squad to the world. He killed the man and was gunned down by the police on the very steps of the Lincoln Memorial. He survived his wounds, to continue on with the Squad.

Lawton's uniform was stolen by an airport employee, who used it to commit many crimes and murders. Lawton was forced to kill the man with a bullet to the head. The shooting of his own 'image' affected him greatly. For a while, he did not even fix the hole in his own uniform. While the suit had been lost, Lawton had threatened to kill his teammate Captain Boomerang, who he felt had been responsible due to drinking and missing their plane.

Some time before his last mission for the Suicide Squad, Count Vertigo asked him if he would kill him if asked (Vertigo, as a practicing Catholic, saw suicide as a cardinal sin). Deadshot agreed to consider it, and reminded Vertigo with some regularity. After their final mission on Diabloverde, the two went off to a secluded area for the decision. Vertigo declined, a decision Deadshot accepted with no argument.

Deadshot later discovered he had a daughter, Zoe, who was being raised in a crime-filled area of Star City. Lawton decided to do right by this daughter, and embarked on a lethal war on the local gangs that plagued the area. It ended with Deadshot faking his death, having realized a normal life isn't for him, but having mostly cleared up the area and having convinced Green Arrow to patrol it more regularly.

The Secret Six were banded together by a mysterious, shrouded character named Mockingbird (who was actually Lex Luthor) who offered a major reward for committing to the team and a severe punishment for not accepting membership. Deadshot was offered the reward of ruling North America; his punishment was to be the destruction of the neighborhood of his daughter and his daughter's mother. At the end of the mini-series, a stalemate was reached and Deadshot's status remained roughly unchanged. He remains a part of The Secret Six and has reached a grudging friendship with another member, Catman. His share of the payment for the Six's mercenary work is stated to be sent in its entirety to his daughter and her mother.

Characterization: Floyd has a sardonic wit and is one of the world’s premier marksman. Probably his most peculiar trait is a great desire to die in a spectacular fashion, this being his primary motivation for joining the Squad. He feels he has no reason to continue living, and, while he does not want to commit suicide, he simply does not care if he dies.

Friends and Foes: He has had a long rivalry with Batman and Green Arrow, who have fought with him many times. He also has a professional rivalry with fellow mercenaries Bullseye and Deadpool.

Up until the time he joined the Secret Six, he didn’t really have an professional allies, even during his time with the Suicide Squad. He claims not care about any of them, but he and Catman have become reluctant friends and he has looked out for any of his teammates when necessary.

He loves his daughter and still has feelings for her mother, but figures the best gift he can give them is staying out of their lives as much as possible.
Thorpocalypse

Deadshot: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Possibly
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Still kickin' :)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still around. We had the usual holiday crazy leading up to Christmas and then on Christmas day we all got sick. Turned out to be Da Rona so we were down for the count for a couple weeks. Everyone is fine now but it was no fun, believe me. Now I'm getting ready to run some MnM for my FTF group so I've been focusing on that. I'll probably post some originals I'm working on after our first session on Thursday.

Hope everyone is doing well and had a great holiday season. :)

And Peacemaker is the best thing DC has ever done outside of The Dark Knight. And maybe JLU. But regardless, it's great! 8-)
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Sorry to hear that you all got sick, especially on Christmas Day, but glad to know that you are now doing better.

Happy 2022!

Looking forward to some great builds in the New Year.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:46 pm And Peacemaker is the best thing DC has ever done outside of The Dark Knight. And maybe JLU. But regardless, it's great! 8-)
I'm assuming you're watching some version of "Peacemaker" other than the dreary piece of scat that's on HBOMax.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ken wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:41 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:46 pm And Peacemaker is the best thing DC has ever done outside of The Dark Knight. And maybe JLU. But regardless, it's great! 8-)
I'm assuming you're watching some version of "Peacemaker" other than the dreary piece of scat that's on HBOMax.
Same show and I can't argue with your assessment. But the dreary crappiness is what I love about it! ;)
Thorpocalypse

Baron Blitzkrieg: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

They shall by smashed by the righteous might of Baron Blitzkrieg! - Baron Blitzkrieg

BARON BLITZKRIEG
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 9; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-6
Weight: 290
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: The Red Reich

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (+1), Expertise [Military] 5 (+7), Expertise [Nazi] 5 (+7), Insight (+3), Intimidation 4 (+5), Perception (+3), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 5 (+8), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Favored Foe (Damage), Languages (1) (English, French, Base: German), Power Attack (1) (Unarmed)

POWERS:
Flight: Flight 7 (250 mph/1/2 mpr); 14 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Damage 8; 16 pts
Blitzkrieg Armor: 7 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 5 pts
Body Armor: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5; 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +3
Heat Vision +8 [Heat Vision +8]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +10 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: His face is disfigured, which is why he wears his iron mask. Hatred: America.
Patriotism: His is loyal to the Nazi ideals until his dying breath (of which he has a few).

Abilities 76 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 35 + Defenses 9 = 135 / 135

Comments: One of my favorite DC jobbers, Baron Blitzkrieg. I almost made him PL9 since he’s gotten pwned by some of the best lower level heroes in the DCU, but in his prime, he was a challenge to the All-Star Squadron, so I’ll give him enough props to be PL10. But against a decent hero, he’s gonna go down without a whole lot of trouble.

Secret Origins: Baron Blitzkrieg was originally an especially vicious German army officer who was blinded when a concentration camp prisoner threw acid into his face. German scientists experimented on Blitzkrieg, giving him superhuman strength and the ability to fly.

The Story so Far: He fought against the Invaders and other Allied forces during WWII before he went underground after the death of Hitler. He lived a simple life for a while but when Captain America returned, he was contacted by The Red Skull to oppose him and he has been working as a supervillain since.

Characterization: The Baron is an arrogant opponent, despite his lack of success against his superheroic foes.

Friends and Foes: He is still loyal to the Nazi ideals and often allies himself with modern Nazi villains like The Red Skull and Overshadow.
Thorpocalypse

Baron Blitzkrieg: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Baron Blitzkrieg: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ya never know
EternalPhoenix

Re: J-Mart: Baron Blitzkrieg

Post by EternalPhoenix »

The ol' Thorp lives. How lovely. Great to you posting again, however brief it may be.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: Baron Blitzkrieg

Post by Ares »

Baron Blitzkrieg was a great creation for the WWII era JSA. He had a solid look, a fun name and was a solid threat to any hero. He was also had a pretty unique powerset, being a kind of psychic Ultraboy. He could channel his mental energies into his strength/toughness, flight, speed or heat vision. He can be a decently powerful flying brick by channeling his energies into all of his powers, or achieve more power by limiting the energy to fewer powers. If he channels most of his powers into just one ability he can achieve full on Kryptonian levels of power. Interestingly, the Baron was one of the few guys to realize how vulnerable he was while channeling his powers into things other than his toughness, so he wore actual body armor for protection. He was tough enough to slug it out with Earth-2 Superman and Wonder Woman, and in a merged setting I could see him and Captain Nazi being Hitler's big two enforcers.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.