The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse; Red Ronin! Netsuko Nishimura! Rinako Saeki! Fujiko Yoshihara! Masaru Kido!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
EternalPhoenix

The Seawing

Post by EternalPhoenix »

The Seawing

Equipment Points Spent: 75 (40 are Herman’s; 35 shared with Sione)

STR: +25 (60)

Toughness: +15

Features: Communications, Computer, Defense System 1, Fire Prevention System 1, Gym 1, Hangar 1, Infirmary 1, Laboratory 1, Library 1, Living Space 1, Navigation System 1, Power System 1, Security System 1, Workshop 1

Powers:
Armor Plating (Impervious Toughness 6)

Electro-Gravitic Engines (Flight 10) (Speed: 10000 mph, 88000 ft./rnd)

Enclosed Systems (Immunity 5) (environmental condition: Heat, environmental condition: Cold, environmental condition: Pressure, suffocation (all))

Machine Guns (Blast 7) (DC 21; Autofire (interval 2, max +5))
. . Missiles (Blast 10) (Alternate; DC 21; Explosion Area (100 ft. explosion - General); Unreliable (5 Uses))

Attacks: Machine Guns (Blast 7), +6 (DC 21), Missiles (Blast 10) (DC 21)

Defense: -8, Size: Colossal

Totals: Abilities 2 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 0 + Features 14 + Powers 53 + Combat 4 + Saves 2 + Drawbacks 0 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 40

The base of operations for the Seawings and what they named themselves after. The Seawing is a technologically advanced aircraft able to fly at approximately Mach 13. It has just about everything the team needs to research a job. The ship technically belongs to Herman and Sione. It was (of course) Rikki who co-opted them and the ship into the artifact hunter biz. It has five small bedrooms, a small library, a tiny infirmary, and a central bar and grill for a kitchen on the top deck. The bridge and the engineering area take up the second deck. The gym, laboratory, workshop, and hangar compete for space on the open bottom deck.

Our humble home. We spend a lot of time here. Even held a concert with the top of the hull as the stage once. Should probably do that more often. People like it when I sing. Maybe I have a future as a pop idol?

-Yas

I spend most of my time in the workshop, when we’re not on a job. Sometimes Laki and I have to dig into the engines for maintenance or a part’s burned out. Of course, this is when we’re not docked somewhere. Then sometimes I’ll hit the beach during the day. And there’s always the clubs when the sun goes down.

-Rikki

It’s the ship. I don’t know what you’re asking me. We live here, plan jobs here, and kill time between dock sites here. It’s home. I hadn’t had one of those for a few years, for various reasons. It’s…nice, to have one again. The gym had some good heavy weights for me. I think Rikki made them. Just when I think I know that girl…

-Portia, the Dark Sword
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
EternalPhoenix

Bringing Things Up To Date

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Bringing Things Up To Date

This is awkward. We…kind of saved the world. Again. It’s a good thing, but man was it some work. There was this massive killer robot, an angry ghost, and a whole lot of the past still coming back to haunt us all. But we did it. Best of all, we picked up a couple new members of the team. Coyote likes to pretend he’s not one of us, but he’s living on the ship and he always seems to show up when we have a big fight. But it’s the other one that makes me so happy I could explode. I don’t know how, but Tobias came back! My hopes, my dreams, and my prayers, all answered. It’s been a good week.

-Yasmine Sakaguchi

Time doesn’t stop moving. Coyote, who claims to be the Native American trickster spirit, started “dating” (meaning repeatedly sleeping with and not a whole lot else) Portia and living on the Seawing. The team’s investigation into Tobias’s mysterious photographic reappearance led to stopping a ghost’s grieving rage from awakening an ancient combat mecha powerful enough to destroy the world. Well…the team did end up fighting it, but not anywhere near full power. With the mecha destroyed, the world was safe again from the mistakes of the past. As the team celebrated in Koror, the lost Tobias came swimming up from the beach. The lovers were reunited. Now two of the three main members have boyfriends. Alas, poor Rikki…
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
EternalPhoenix

Coyote (Pre-Guild)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Coyote

Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 180/180

STR: +8 (14/26), DEX: +5 (20), CON: +8 (14/26), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +10 (20/30)

Tough: +8/+10, Fort: +8, Ref: +12, Will: +5

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+15), Bluff 15 (+25), Diplomacy 5 (+15), Gather Information 10 (+20), Intimidate 5 (+15), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 3 (+5), Knowledge (history) 10 (+12), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 10 (+12), Notice 15 (+15), Search 3 (+5), Sense Motive 15 (+15), Sleight of Hand 5 (+10), Stealth 10 (+15)

Feats: Attack Focus (melee) 4, Attack Specialization 2 (Unarmed Attack), Challenge - Improved Distract, Challenge - Improved Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Distract (Bluff), Evasion, Fascinate (Bluff), Improved Trick, Move-by Action, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Infomation), Takedown Attack, Ultimate Effort (Bluff check), Uncanny Dodge (Smell)

Powers:
Coyote's Fang (Strike 4) (DC 27; Mighty)

Enhanced Charisma 10 (+10 CHA)

Enhanced Constitution 12 (+12 CON)

Enhanced Strength 12 (+12 STR)

Immunity 6 (aging, entrapment)

Super-Senses 10 (accurate: Smell, analytical: Smell, counters concealment: Smell, counters illusion: Smell, counters obscure: Smell, scent)

Super-Strength 4 (+20 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 7.4 tons; +4 STR to some checks)
. . Comprehend 4 (Alternate; animals - speak to, animals - understand, languages - understand all, languages - you're understood)

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +8, Grapple: +16/+20)

Attacks: Coyote's Fang (Strike 4), +8 (DC 27), Unarmed Attack, +12 (DC 23)

Defense: +8 (Flat-footed: +4), Knockback: -5

Initiative: +5

Languages: Native Language

Totals: Abilities 32 + Skills 29 (116 ranks) + Feats 19 + Powers 64 + Combat 24 + Saves 12 + Drawbacks 0 = 180

Height: 6’ 1”
Weight: 180
Ethnicity: Native American (plains tribe variant)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hometown: That would be telling.

The team doesn’t believe it, but this is the real Coyote. The trickster spirit of old. He was never a god, and refuses responsibility for what silly humans think. He met the team during a visit to Singapore. For a Native American animal spirit, he really gets around these days. In short order, he’d charmed Yas into his good pal, Rikki half senseless, and Portia out of her pants. The boys didn’t like it at first, but he charmed them, too. Portia absolutely refusing to let the best lay of her life get away from her without a fight did, of course, play a role. The stories paint Coyote as the vicious and cruel trickster. He says Raven (the other trickster of the tales) changed some of the stories, but not all. Of course, Coyote in the stories was a notorious liar…

Coyote’s abilities aren’t that special. Kind of a generic canine totem. He can speak just about any language. And his charisma is incredible. Of course, he’s the best liar the vast majority of people will ever meet. To the point where even those who are expecting him to lie can easily be taken in. He’s just as capable in a straight fight as Portia, however he vastly prefers to talk things out. His strangest ability is multi-existence. Apparently there’s several Coyotes around the world. They’re all different people, and not just duplicates. They’re all still him, but different in subtle ways. He says being an animal spirit isn’t anywhere near the same as being a human, and that’s why he can do that. It seems to be true, as the Icon Marian Soaring Eagle knows a Coyote that isn’t quite this one, there’s the one that’s a rockstar in the UK, and then there’s that businessman in India…

Coyote here. I know, you’re used to the ladies talking about the crew here…but let’s be honest. They’re just going to say two things. That I don’t seem to be a bad guy, as I’m making Portia a happy woman. And the second, I’m a notorious liar and can’t be trusted. Both of these things are true. Well, Portia might add something about how she’s fallen completely in lust with me. But that’s not anywhere near family friendly. You see, I am a liar and a trickster. It’s my whole gimmick. But you see, unless you’re really good there isn’t much way to tell whether I’m lying or not. I could be lying right now. Maybe I’ve been lying from the start. Maybe I haven’t said a word that’s untrue in years. Can’t tell, can you? See? But that’s the fun part of dealing with me. The uncertainty.

-Coyote

I don’t know what to think about Coyote. He isn’t a traitor by nature, but that doesn’t mean he’s pledged his loyalty to us, either. Honestly, it’s really confusing and the fact that he’s so darn charming doesn’t help at all. For now, he’s kind of on our side. Unless he isn’t. I don’t know. At least Portia’s happy now, even if that relationship has nothing else going for it but the physical. The walls are thin on the top deck. Everybody hears.

-Yas

Coyote is a slippery, duplicitious jerk, but he’s not evil. I mean, he’s spent millennia practicing how to be just enough of a friend to get what he wants without actually taking anyone’s side but his own. I want to hate him, but his voice makes my insides go gooey. Man, I thought I was above letting pretty people off the hook, but I guess not. Portia is a lucky woman. I’m so jealous. I’m not skinny, Coyote!

-Rikki

(Comments removed for being too graphic in nature.)

-Portia, the Dark Sword
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
EternalPhoenix

Tobias (Pre-Guild)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Tobias

Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 150/150

STR: +3 (16), DEX: +5 (20), CON: +4 (18), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +4 (18)

Tough: +4/+6, Fort: +8, Ref: +8, Will: +8

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+15), Bluff 4 (+8), Climb 5 (+8), Concentration 6 (+8), Diplomacy 4 (+8), Gather Information 4 (+8), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 4 (+5), Knowledge (current events) 14 (+15), Knowledge (popular culture) 4 (+5), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 4 (+5), Notice 8 (+10), Sense Motive 8 (+10), Stealth 5 (+10), Swim 12 (+15)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 4, Attractive (+4), Challenge - Improved Acrobatic Bluff, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 4, Elusive Target, Endurance 2 (+8), Evasion, Improved Critical 2 (Ohana's Edge (Strike 5)), Improved Initiative, Improved Trick, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, KN (current events), Sense Motive, Swim), Takedown Attack 2, Ultimate Effort (Swim checks), Uncanny Dodge (Auditory)

Powers:
Immunity 4 (environmental condition: Cold, environmental condition: Pressure, suffocation (all); Limited - Half Effect)

Leaping 1 (Jumping distance: x2)

Ohana (Device 2) (Easy to lose)
. . Ohana's Edge (Strike 5) (DC 23, Feats: Improved Critical 2 (Ohana's Edge (Strike 5)); Affects Insubstantial 2 (full power), Mighty)

Speed 1 (Speed: 10 mph, 88 ft./rnd)

Super-Movement 2 (slow fall, wall-crawling 1 (half speed))

Swimming 1 (Speed: 2.5 mph, 22 ft./rnd)

Attack Bonus: +8 (Ranged: +8, Melee: +12, Grapple: +15)

Attacks: Ohana's Edge (Strike 5), +12 (DC 23), Unarmed Attack, +12 (DC 18)

Defense: +12 (Flat-footed: +4), Knockback: -3

Initiative: +9

Totals: Abilities 38 + Skills 23 (92 ranks) + Feats 29 + Powers 15 + Combat 32 + Saves 13 + Drawbacks 0 = 150

Height: 5’ 10”
Weight: 170
Ethnicity: Mixed Dutch and Indonesian (alternate world variant)
Hair: Golden Blonde
Hometown: Another world

One would think, after helping to save the world, a guy would get to stay with his love and live happily ever after. Not if you’re Tobias, however. Turned out he wasn’t real, and neither was anything from his world. His entire life, nothing but a dream within a dream. A last fragmented hope, cast out into infinity and against all odds, rewarded. He doesn’t know where he was for a while after he…went away? What do you call it when you almost cease to exist? Anyway, the next sensation he knew, having lacked even the ability to think, was the water around him. The beach, near Koror. He was back, somehow. Yasmine was here. And was she wearing short shorts? Because wow. He had no idea she had such a nice butt.

Tobias doesn’t have any powers, making do with athleticism and the (formerly) borrowed sword Ohana. His athleticism, however, is somewhat ridiculous. Casually wall jumping. The various problems humans ran into underwater (cold, pressure, the need to breathe) minimized. Faster and higher jumping than most people, even underwater.

(Comments removed for repetitive content. We know he’s wonderful and you love him, Yas. You don’t need to say it 50 times.)

-Yas

Tobias is back. Some kind of magic thing. I don’t really get it, but it’s good to see him again. I didn’t think too much of him at first, but at the end he was my friend and it hurt to see him fade away like that. I mean, we all knew it might happen, but I dunno…maybe we hoped it wouldn’t? Yas is over the moon, and I don’t blame her. It’s just…everyone else on this tub has someone now. Yas and Tobias. Portia and Coyote. Laki has some girl on the internet. I’m pretty sure Sione’s seeing someone every time we stop back in Koror. And of course, my bro’s hopeless love for Yas. I’m the one left out. The only one not in some kind of love. I…I don’t think I like it very much.

-Rikki

Tobias. Hmm. I don’t have a lot to say. He makes Yas happy. He’s good with his sword. And he’s pleasant enough to be around. I can see how Yas fell for him. They’re pretty similar. In fact, with him here as a reference, I can see where Yas changed herself to be more like him. Of course, with that in mind, I can see where he’s picked up some of her traits, as well. It’s interesting. He’s a good addition to the team. Even if it’s getting a little crowded on the ship these days.

-Portia, the Dark Sword
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
EternalPhoenix

The Seawings As Of January 2019

Post by EternalPhoenix »

The Seawings As Of January 2019

Whew. A lot’s changed since we last talked. Then again, a decade going by will do that. I guess we can start with me. I married Tobias, and we have a daughter, Lucia. She’s eight as we start this year and well…she’s…huh. I don’t know how to express this.
-Yas

Sweet kid, but so not born with an off switch. Not that I mind, heh.
-Rikki

She’s her father’s daughter and yours at the same time. For good or ill.
-Portia

That’s a little…yeah, okay. Fair. Next we’ll do Rikki.
-Yas

Yas, as much as I love talking about me, you’re kind of burying the lead here.
-Rikki

I agree. Individual updates are what the individual entries are for.
-Portia

All right, then we’ll just hit the big finish right now. You see, after we saved the world again and Tobias came back, the Seawings as they were just kind of…drifted apart. Not all at once, but over the next year or so we just spent less and less time together until the three of realized we really weren’t a team anymore and didn’t mind it so much. That sounds sadder than it is. I mean, Tobias and I got married, then I got pregnant. Rikki was pouring more and more of her effort into her tech and helping rebuild Techie Isle off of Macau. Portia had Coyote and needed to reconnect with her former squadmates. We didn’t call it quits or anything. We still got together now and then to adventure, but it wasn’t even a part time thing. Our lives just…separated, and that’s all there was to it.
-Yas

It’s true. We each had our own stuff to do that we’d been putting off a little. Or a lot, in my case. Techie Isle is my home. Yeah I know, Macau. It’s technically a part of the city, but it’s a small island off the coast. See, when Macau started to be a gambling wonderland my people-the techies, all mixed race like me-wanted their own place to do their thing. Couldn’t do it in the city, you know? Disturbed the tourists and gamblers. Too loud, occasionally dangerous. So we moved to the Isle. Done deal, right? Pretty much. Except the first time around saving the world with Yas, Tobias, and the rest it got kind of…blown up. I know, I know. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I mean, you try thinking rationally when two thirds of all your friends and family are dead or dying and the mountain sized magical monster responsible is breathing down your neck. Had to save Macau somehow, right? I think Dad did okay, considering. Anyway, the survivors were fixing the Isle up, but ain’t none of ‘em as good as me, see? So after Yas, Portia, n’ me saved the world again, there wasn’t any excuse left for me to put off helpin’ anymore. Tobias was back, happy ending to the story, right?
-Rikki

Indeed. As for me, Yas is right. Part of their second-my first-time saving the world was saving my old squadmates. They were mostly all right afterward, but it was important to me for us to reconnect. And, of course, I had to sort out things with the French government. They thought I was dead, and since I wasn’t I was technically absent without leave. Between the two, I had less and less time for Seawings adventures. I did avoid jail time, but I was given the equivalent of a bad conduct discharge. It was better than being charged with desertion, so I did not contest it.
-Portia

So there we are, more or less broken up. Then, on what might have well been our last adventure for months, we met Nathaniel Truman. Everything started again from there. His…”Home For Dimensionally Displaced Girls”, in reality just his oversized and rundown mansion, was both finally starting to fall apart and was woefully underequipped for the sheer number of girls present. This wasn’t his fault, really. He gets dimensionally displaced himself, on a continuous basis. He’s only on our Earth for about ten days out of every thirty. Between that, and always coming back injured and exhausted, his financial status was a wreck. This is when I had an idea. I wanted the Seawings to continue, but the three of us couldn’t do it full time. So I suggested we combine forces. Many of his girls were capable fighters and eager to adventure like we do, and Nate was no slouch himself. He thought it over, and agreed. The Seawings Adventurer Guild was born.
-Yas

And ya know, this is when I met The Stranger and we hooked up. I asked our old buds Lucy, Willie, and Kaikoa to join, and they totally did! It was pretty awesome. So we’ve got like twelve people, right? And a handful of dimensionally displaced girls. Such a good start. And when we’re not kickin’ bad guy booty, exploring ancient places, or whatever else? Barbecue bash on the beach, baby!
-Rikki

It was a good start, but so much more has happened since. Over time some of the displaced girls have managed to go home again, and more have come. And we ended up with another team. Rumble Hearts, as they call themselves. Even the children team up with each other for lesser adventures around town.
-Portia

Yes, they do. Lucia’s more or less in charge, but it does make me uncomfortable. What if they get hurt? She’s not that good of a white mage yet. But anyway, the way the Guild has ended up working is that we don’t all go out at the same time. It’s usually anywhere from three to seven together. So that’s us. No longer just one little team, but a whole guild of adventurers. Isn’t it exciting?
-Yas
EternalPhoenix

How The Seawings Guild Works, A Simple Guide

Post by EternalPhoenix »

How The Seawings Guild Works, A Simple Guide

I said this in the catch up post, but guild members get themselves together in groups of three to seven and go out on adventures together. That’s the basic concept. But we get requests, too, and there’s plenty of members who aren’t fighters, don’t go adventuring, or both. They don’t have to, or anything. Where does the money come from? Well…we saved Koror from a kaiju a while back, and I’m…me…so…we’ve got government funding. Still not comfortable being so famous, you know?
-Yas

Hey, gotta work what you got, you know? And it’s not like nobody in the guild is making money. I mean, those other members have jobs mostly. Requests can pay pretty well, and adventures sometimes make a profit,, too. So we’re doing fiiine.
-Rikki

I’m not involved in the finances. As the saying goes, I just work here.
-Portia

All right, I guess we should do the Roll Call now. Let’s see…it was insert, then table, right?
-Yas

That doesn't work with this forum's coding, Yas. Use a regular list. Like this, see?
-Rikki

Yas & Friends
Yasmine “Yas” Sakaguchi
Rebecca “Rikki” Heskett
“The Dark Sword” Portia Rousseau
Raheed The Dragon King (as summoned by Yas)
Tobias
The Pacific Stranger (Oliver LaRouche)
Coyote
Lucy Hasegawa
Willie Teriong
Kaikoa
Laki Sigrah, Herman Heskett, & Sione Sigrah

Truman Home For Dimensionally Displaced Girls
Nathaniel Truman
Samorn
Emiko Fujiwara
Skye Walker
Oliana Kameāloha
Raymi Humala Sumire
Madeline Blackwood
Almira Quincy
Fiona McTavish
Yumiko Amano
Palila Nui
Octavia Fiammetta
Claire Gainsborough
Neith
Elena Laskaris
Phylia

Team Rumble Hearts
Zero Angel (Hinako Fujimori)
Dallas Austin
Judo Demon (Atsuko Matsuda)
Khulan
Cinnamon (Emma Adams)
Eri Akatsuki
Toryū Hirayama
Yukinari Yuhara
Lana Shimizu
Kazeka Kurogane
Heroic Spirits (as summoned by Lana)

Seawings NuGen
Lucia Sakaguchi
Ting Heskett
“The Shadow Wolf” Lucien Rousseau
Charlie Teriong
Raven
Jing Zhang
Hana Choi
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
EternalPhoenix

Yas & Friends

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Yas & Friends

. . This is quite literally Yas, her husband Tobias, and all their friends. It has all of the original Seawings, the later unofficial addition in Coyote, and even a few old friends from the first time Yas saved the world. The old crew and the new crew, all together. They’re basically still the Seawings of old. They just don’t go out on missions as often, as there’s a whole Guild to do that and they’ve got other things to deal with. Like kids. Yas and Tobias have Lucia, Rikki has Ting, Portia and (kind of) Coyote have Lucien and (again, kind of) Raven, Lucy and Willie have Charlie (and the younger ones), and Kaikoa has his responsibilities to his village. They also operate as a collection of heavy hitters when the other members of the Guild get in trouble they can’t get out of. And between Portia, Raheed, and Lucy they can hit like a freight train. Which isn’t to undersell the others, they can put on the hurt too, but not like those three. But yeah these are the veterans and OGs. They’re also the most recognizable members. Yas had two world saving adventures under her belt, and so she’s rather famous. Willie’s a politician these days in addition to having represented Palau in beach volleyball on the world stage, so he has a measure of fame as well. Rikki and Portia are known Seawings, Raheed is the only huge friggin’ dragon around, and Coyote is well, Coyote. That high of a Charisma score makes you famous wherever you go.

. . Additionally, those at PL 12 have earned a special free Benefit feat that slightly alters the rules on Extra and/or Extraordinary Effort for them. They’re detailed below. Raheed is omitted as he is a summon and thus cannot use Hero Points on his own.

Master White Magician (Yasmine Sakaguchi)-Power Stunts of her White Magic are free outside of combat. They do not cost Fatigue.

Demonic Potential (Portia Rousseau)-Extra Effort to increase a power’s ranks works as normal. However, Extraordinary Effort comes with an option. Normal effect, or apply the effects of Extra Effort to all Powers (even Permanent ones).

Wildly Untapped Potential (The Pacific Stranger)-Extra Effort to increase ranks of Teleport is twice as effective, meaning it increases ranks by 4 instead of 2. This also applies to Extraordinary Effort, meaning with both Max Teleport rank is 18.

Ultimate Trickster (Coyote)-May use Extra Effort to automatically succeed on a Bluff or Diplomacy check. This cannot be done in combat (meaning in initiative). If done with Distract or Fascinate, this is a Sustained (Lasting) effect and thus can only be broken by a successful Will save.

Master Elemental Warlock (Lucy Hasegawa)-Power Stunts of her Elemental Warlock array are free outside of combat. They do not cost Fatigue.
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
EternalPhoenix

Yasmine Sakaguchi (Guild Version)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Yasmine Sakaguchi

Power Level: 12; Power Points Spent: 225/225

STR: +2 (14), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +3 (16), INT: +3 (16), WIS: +5 (20), CHA: +5 (20)

Tough: +8/+10, Fort: +8, Ref: +10, Will: +12

Skills: Acrobatics 9 (+12), Concentration 10 (+15), Diplomacy 10 (+15), Gather Information 10 (+15), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 17 (+20), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 12 (+15), Language 5 (+5), Notice 10 (+15), Ride 7 (+10), Sense Motive 10 (+15)

Feats: Attack Focus (ranged) 4, Defensive Roll, Dodge Focus 2, Equipment 1, Inspire 5 (+5), Luck 3, Power Attack, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Ritualist, Second Chance (Concentration checks to maintain powers), Skill Mastery (Diplomacy, Gather Info, KN (arcane lore), Ride), Teamwork 3, Uncanny Dodge (Auditory)

Powers:
Protective Ritual Enchantments (Protection 5) (+5 Toughness)

Summon Raheed, The Dragon King (Summon 15) (Heroic)
. . Confuse 10 (Alternate; DC 20; Contagious, Secondary Effect; Accurate (+2))
. . Healing 10 (Alternate; DC 20; Range (ranged), Restoration; Persistent, Regrowth)
. . Nauseate 10 (Alternate; DC 20; Range (ranged), Secondary Effect; Accurate (+2))
. . Paralyze 10 (Alternate; DC 20; Range (ranged), Secondary Effect; Accurate (+2))
. . Stun 10 (Alternate; DC 20; Range (ranged), Secondary Effect; Accurate (+2))

Twin Enchanted Pistols (Device 6) (Easy to lose)
. . Enchanted Pistol Shots (Blast 8) (DC 23; Autofire (interval 2, max +5); Accurate 2 (+4), Affects Insubstantial 2 (full power), Precise, Variable Descriptor (Narrow group - Any Physical))

Equipment: Seawings Guild Hall

Attack Bonus: +8 (Ranged: +12, Melee: +8, Grapple: +10)

Attacks: Confuse 10, +14 (DC Will 20), Enchanted Pistol Shots (Blast 8), +16 (DC 23), Nauseate 10, +14 (DC Fort/Staged 20), Paralyze 10, +14 (DC Staged/Will 20), Stun 10, +14 (DC Fort/Staged 20), Unarmed Attack, +8 (DC 17)

Defense: +14 (Flat-footed: +6), Knockback: -4

Initiative: +3

Languages: English, French, Japanese, Palauan, Portuguese, Tahitian

Totals: Abilities 42 + Skills 25 (100 ranks) + Feats 26 + Powers 73 + Combat 40 + Saves 19 + Drawbacks 0 = 225

Age (as of Jan 2019): 29
Height: 5’ 4”
Weight: 120 lbs.
Ethnicity: Mixed Japanese & Portuguese
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Background: Yasmine Sakaguchi saved the world more times before her 21st birthday than most professional superheroes ever do. Twice, for the record. Then she was an outlaw treasure hunter with the Seawings. Then they drifted apart as she got married and had her daughter, Lucia. Next she helped revitalized the Seawings into an Adventurer Guild instead of a quasi superteam. She’s technically the Guildmaster, but in practice she lets the guild mostly run itself. Notable exceptions include every single friggin’ time a mostly male, mostly conservative government tries to put the mostly female, mostly liberal Guild under its thumb. Granted, the Guild is probably the biggest collection of super powered combatants outside of Europe or North America. And their respect for national borders and sovereignty can be a little…nonexistent. With that said, Yas in her role as Guildmaster doesn’t mind cooperating with national or local officials. They can submit mission requests just like anybody else. It’s just when they start to try to turn the Guild into their personal army or start trying to enforce dress or behavior codes that Yas puts her foot down. The Guild is meant to be independent of all political and law enforcement structures. And Yas will absolutely walk into a majority Muslim nation’s Parliament while they’re in session in her sleeveless v-neck blouse, denim booty shorts, and knee high boots. With the two enchanted pistols holstered behind her. So that she can defend the Guild’s independence.

Powers & Tactics: Yasmine’s White Magic powers have grown. Her ability to summon Raheed has grown to the same degree. She has even recovered the ability to summon other beings, but rarely bothers as Raheed outstrips them all. She, in many ways, now truly a master White Magician. White Magic is, as previously stated in her first entry, a power that lets her control the functions of life itself. She can heal, confuse, sicken, paralyze, and stun as her usual assortment of non summoning spells. Her Enchanted Pistols have been retooled to be more powerful than ever before, and now even incorporeal beings aren’t safe from them. She even performed a White Magic ritual to toughen her body so she wouldn’t have to rely so much on body armor or dodging.

. . Tactically, Yas still dislikes using her offensive spells. Out in the open, she’s more likely to summon Raheed (so she can ride him) and start blasting away with her Enchanted Pistols. But sometimes she had to fight in interior spaces, or she’s disarmed, or they’ve just really managed to piss her off. Which is quite an achievement. She’ll throw her spells around with impunity then. Dislike does not equal hesitation. She’ll also whip out Inspire in team combat, effectively bumping her allies up two and a half Power Levels for a round. This tends to turn the tide of combat rather rapidly.

. . As for power stunts, only her Dazzle 10 (Visual & Auditory; Secondary Effect, Accurate) isn’t represented with her usual spells as it quite frankly isn’t one. She has a Fatigue 10 (Ranged, Secondary Effect, Accurate) as well, but that’s her “a friend can’t sleep” spell. Not so great in combat, that one. Her other spells are variants of her normal and previously mentioned spells, swapping Secondary Effect for Burst Area, or “buff” spells all of which are Boost with Total Fade. She can Boost things like Leaping, Impervious Toughness, Speed, or Super Strength. Raheed, as stated, is her strongest summon. It is the other summons that make up the majority of her remaining potential power stunts. Magnan (ice), Fuego (fire), Sylphie (wind), Molion (earth), and Thunderbird (electric) are PL 8 Energy Controllers, basically. They are all Summon 9 (Heroic). Alexandra (life) and Chronos (time) are also energy controllers, but PL 10. They are Summon 12 (Heroic). As previously stated, Raheed outperforms then all in combat, so she doesn’t summon them very often, even as power stunts. With that said, they have utility in one situation or another (Alexandra’s a phenomenal healer and Chronos can boost the speed of anyone or anything for example) so every now and then she’ll call on them. She has one last power stunt that she’s only used once, to turn the tide against a Lesser Demon Lord. Master White Magic: Divine Spell: Holy. Blast 12 (Autofire, Penetrating 9). It is under the Divine source descriptor, and not her usual Magic one and is (obviously) a Holy effect. She will only ever use it again under similarly desperate circumstances.

Personality: Yas is a sweetheart. Kind, empathetic, compassionate, brave, humble…look, pick a heroic personality trait and she probably has it. But anyone thinking she’s a pushover has a big reality check coming their way. She may be polite about it, but Yas is a grown woman with a will of her own. And while she may listen to other people’s ideas, once she decides something it’s final. She is a consummate master of Politeness Judo. She loves her husband Tobias and daughter Lucia very much, and is very protective of them. Not to a fault, but it can get in the way sometimes.
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
EternalPhoenix

Rebecca Heskett (Guild Version)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Rebecca Heskett

Power Level: 11; Power Points Spent: 225/225

STR: +2 (14), DEX: +5 (20), CON: +4 (18), INT: +5 (20), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +4/+8, Fort: +8, Ref: +14, Will: +8

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+15), Bluff 12 (+15), Computers 10 (+15), Craft (electronic) 10 (+15), Craft (mechanical) 10 (+15), Diplomacy 2 (+5), Disable Device 10 (+15), Disguise 2 (+5), Escape Artist 10 (+15), Gather Information 5 (+8), Knowledge (physical sciences) 10 (+15), Knowledge (technology) 10 (+15), Language 8 (+8), Medicine 5 (+5), Notice 10 (+10), Pilot 10 (+15), Sense Motive 10 (+10), Sleight of Hand 10 (+15), Stealth 10 (+15)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 3, Attack Specialization 2 (Mecha Daggers (Device 3)), Challenge - Improved Acrobatic Bluff, Challenge - Improved Feint, Challenge - Improved Taunt, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 6, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Evasion, Improved Critical 2 (Dagger Attack (Strike 5)), Improved Initiative 2, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Luck 3, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Set-Up, Skill Mastery 3 (All 12 skills at +15), Takedown Attack 2, Taunt, Teamwork 3, Uncanny Dodge (Auditory)

Powers:
Always Be Prepared (Gadgets 2)
. . Heavy Combat Gear (Power Setting) (Powers: Dagger Supremacy (Probability Control 1), Displacement (Concealment 4), Dodge Check (Luck Control 1), Superteam Player (Enhanced Trait 3))
. . . . Dagger Supremacy (Probability Control 1) (Minimum Result: 1; Limited 2 (Mecha Daggers))
. . . . Displacement (Concealment 4) (all visual senses; Limited (to miss chance))
. . . . Dodge Check (Luck Control 1) (force a re-roll; Limited 2 (to attacks against Rikki))
. . . . Superteam Player (Enhanced Trait 3) (Feats: Teamwork 3)

Mecha Daggers (Device 3) (Easy to lose, Only you can use)
. . Dagger Attack (Strike 5) (DC 22, Feats: Improved Critical 2 (Dagger Attack (Strike 5)); Autofire (interval 2, max +5) [2 extra ranks]; Mighty)

Rikki's Speed Advantage (Container, Passive 2)
. . Enhanced Trait 2 (Feats: Improved Initiative 2)
. . Quickness 4 (Perform routine tasks at 25x speed)
. . Speed 4 (Speed: 100 mph, 880 ft./rnd)

Techie Grenade Belt (Device 5) (Hard to lose)
. . Grenades (Array 11) (default power: blast; Custom (Array 10.5))
. . . . Capture Grenade (Snare 7) (Array; DC 17; Burst Area (35 ft. radius - General))
. . . . Concussive Grenade (Trip 7) (Array; Burst Area (35 ft. radius - General), Knockback)
. . . . Ninja Grenade (Obscure 5) (Array; affects: visual senses, Radius: 100 ft.; Independent)
. . . . Razzle Dazzle Grenade (Dazzle 7) (Array; affects: visual senses, DC 17; Burst Area (35 ft. radius - General))
. . . . Tech Bomb (Blast 10) (Default; DC 25; Burst Area (50 ft. radius - General); Unreliable (5 Uses))

Power Settings:
Anti Grav Pod (Power Setting) (Powers: Flight 5 (Speed: 250 mph, 2200 ft./rnd; Platform), Super-Strength 5 (+25 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 2.8 tons; +5 STR to some checks; Limited (to carrying capacity))
Dive Bell (Power Setting) (Powers: Immunity 3 (environmental condition: Cold, environmental condition: Pressure, suffocation: Drowning; Affects Others, Burst Area (15-30 ft. radius - General); Progression, Increase Area (area x2)))
Fire Shield (Power Setting) (Powers: Immunity 10 (common descriptor: Fire/Heat))
Heavy Combat Gear (Power Setting) (Powers: Dagger Supremacy (Probability Control 1) (Minimum Result: 1; Limited 2 (Mecha Daggers)), Displacement (Concealment 4) (all visual senses; Limited (to miss chance)), Dodge Check (Luck Control 1) (force a re-roll; Limited 2 (to attacks against Rikki)), Superteam Player (Enhanced Trait 3) (Feats: Teamwork 3))
Personal Dive Gear (Power Setting) (Powers: 3 (environmental condition: Cold, environmental condition: Pressure, suffocation: Drowning), Swimming 7 (Speed: 250 mph, 2200 ft./rnd))
Rocket Pack (Power Setting) (Powers: Flight 5 (Speed: 250 mph, 2200 ft./rnd))

Equipment: Seawings Guild Hall 5

Attack Bonus: +8 (Ranged: +8, Melee: +11, Grapple: +13)

Attacks: Capture Grenade (Snare 7) (DC Ref/Staged 17), Concussive Grenade (Trip 7) (DC 17), Dagger Attack (Strike 5), +15 (DC 22), Razzle Dazzle Grenade (Dazzle 7) (DC Fort/Ref 17), Tech Bomb (Blast 10) (DC 25), Unarmed Attack, +11 (DC 17)

Defense: +14 (Flat-footed: +4), Knockback: -3

Initiative: +13

Languages: Chinese (Cantonese), English, Filipino, French, Indonesian, Japanese, Palauan, Portuguese, Thai

Totals: Abilities 38 + Skills 41 (164 ranks) + Feats 38 + Powers 55 + Combat 32 + Saves 21 + Drawbacks 0 = 225

Age (as of Jan 2019): 27
Height: 5’ 0”
Weight: 100
Ethnicity: Mixed Chinese & Portuguese
Hair: Reddish Blonde
Eyes: Green

Background: Rebecca Heskett has helped save the world more times before her 21st birthday than most professional superheroes ever do. Twice, for the record. Then she founded the Seawings and was an outlaw treasure hunter. Then they drifted apart as Yas got married and had a daughter, Lucia. Next she helped revitalize the Seawings into an Adventurer Guild instead of a quasi superteam. More recently she’s finally gotten a steady boyfriend in Oliver LaRouche. Their relationship is an open one, but for them it works. Lastly she’s picked up a daughter of her own, sort of. Deep in an ancient ruin, she discovered a kid android and named her Ting. It means “enduring” or “timeless”, and both fit the apparently extremely advanced Ting.

Powers & Tactics: Rikki is still a low level speedster, tech specialist, and thief all in one. She’s twice as fast as she used to be, most likely as a result of reaching physical maturity. But it’s her tech that she fights with. Her Tech Daggers are improved. The increased power of their attack comes from her improved strength, but they are considerably sharper than they used to be. Her Techie Grenades are more powerful now, but remain relatively low level. They’re meant to make goonsweeping easier, anyway. Capture Grenade is adhesive netting, Concussive Grenade is knocks people away from its point of detonation, Ninja Grenade is a glorified smoke bomb, Razzle Dazzle Grenade is a high power flash bang, and Tech Bomb is just that-a big ol’ bomb. The big change is that now she carries bag of random inventions. Some sample ones are on the sheet, but honestly anything could be in there. There just aren’t any direct attacks or anything that’ll break her PL caps.

. . Tactically, Rikki favors her Tech Daggers in close combat. With that said, she’s not above through some Grenades to thin out numbers. She’s also a consummate team player. A favorite combo is her using both Feint and Taunt, following with Set Up so a heavy hitter (usually Portia, but there’s been others) can lay the foe out flat. Outside of that she’s unpredictable and more than a little reckless against foes she knows she can beat. She is rather unique in that despite having Power Attack as a feat she doesn’t use it that often. Her only power stunts would be from her Grenade Belt. Sleep Gas Grenade (Fatigue 5; Ranged, Cloud Area), and Stun Grenade (Stun 5; Ranged, Burst Area) are examples of this. Doesn’t happen a lot, though.

Personality: Rikki is…Rikki. Energetic, impulsive, reckless, relentlessly cheerful, etc. She’s the kind of thief that’ll steal both your money and your heart in one go. She’s a young woman who exists without even the concept of shame. This isn’t a slight on her by any means. She’s never once cared what anyone thinks, as long as she’s happy with the result. For Rikki, life is all about thrills and having fun. Other things can take precedence temporarily, but that always comes back to the fore when they’re finished with. She cares a lot for Oliver and has become quite attached to Ting. While she’ll help them if they need it, neither one will hold her back from living her best life.
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
EternalPhoenix

Portia Rousseau (Guild Version)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

“The Dark Sword” Portia Rousseau

STR: +10 (20/30), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +10 (20/30), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +5 (20), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +14, Fort: +12, Ref: +8, Will: +10

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+10), Diplomacy 7 (+10), Drive 3 (+5), Gather Information 7 (+10), Intimidate 17 (+20), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 3 (+5), Knowledge (civics) 3 (+5), Knowledge (streetwise) 8 (+10), Knowledge (tactics) 13 (+15), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 8 (+10), Language 8 (+8), Notice 7 (+12), Pilot 3 (+5), Sense Motive 7 (+12), Stealth 8 (+10), Survival 10 (+15)

Feats: Accurate Attack, Attack Specialization 2 (Unarmed Attack), Challenge - Improved Demoralize, Challenge - Improved Distract, Challenge - Improved Startle, Distract (Intimidate), Endurance (+4), Equipment 1, Fascinate (Intimidate), Improved Critical 2 (Dark Sword (Strike 4)), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Luck 3, Power Attack, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Intimidate, KN (tactics), Survival), Startle, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack 2, Teamwork 2, Uncanny Dodge (Auditory)

Powers:
Dark Sword (Strike 4) (DC 29, Feats: Improved Critical 2 (Dark Sword (Strike 4)); Mighty)

Dark Wings (Flight 3) (Speed: 50 mph, 440 ft./rnd)

Demonic Atavism (Container, Passive 12)
. . Demonic Constitution (Enhanced Constitution 10) (+10 CON)
. . Demonic Immunity (Immunity 10) (aging, life support)
. . Demonic Might (Super-Strength 5) (+25 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 25.6 tons; +5 STR to some checks)
. . Demonic Senses (Super-Senses 8) (counters concealment: Vision, counters illusion: Vision, darkvision, infravision, scent)
. . Demonic Skin (Protection 4) (+4 Toughness; Impervious [4 extra ranks])
. . Demonic Strength (Enhanced Strength 10) (+10 STR)

Equipment: Seawings Guild Hall 5

Attack Bonus: +10 (Ranged: +10, Melee: +10, Grapple: +20/+25)

Attacks: Dark Sword (Strike 4), +10 (DC 29), Unarmed Attack, +14 (DC 25)

Defense: +10 (Flat-footed: +5), Knockback: -11

Initiative: +6

Languages: Chinese (Cantonese), English, French Native, Japanese, Palauan, Portuguese, Russian, Tahitian, Thai

Totals: Abilities 44 + Skills 30 (120 ranks) + Feats 25 + Powers 73 + Combat 40 + Saves 13 + Drawbacks 0 = 225

Age (as of Jan 2019): 28 (chronological), mid 20s (biological)
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 140
Ethnicity: French
Hair: White
Eyes: Red

Background: Portia Rousseau was a member of the French Special Forces out of Tahiti. Their final training mission in a cave went wrong, and everyone but her squad died. She herself was badly wounded and fell into the sea. Her powers activated, without which she would have died. At loose ends after that, she joined the Seawings. She was there when they saved the world, a vital part of it in fact. But like all good things, the team started to come to an end. They drifted apart. Yas got married an had a daughter. Rikki was busy rebuilding her home. Portia found herself finally straightening out the loose ends of her life. She technically went AWOL, so she was in military court for a while. She received the equivalent of a dishonorable discharge, but no jail time. Extenuating circumstances to begin with, now she had superpowers (not permitted to serve as superpowers are generally treated like WMDs; there are treaties about it), and she’d been operating public as (mostly) a superhero. After that she joined in revitalizing the Seawings into an Adventurer Guild instead of a quasi-superteam. Through all of it she and Coyote have remained together. For a certain definition of together, anyway. Then she adopted a kid. Lucien was an orphan with a demonic atavism of his very own. He was having problems. Headed down a dark and dangerous road, especially for someone his age. So she took him in and gave him her name. So far it’s been rocky but okay. Lastly, she caught Raven (the Native American animal spirit) in her and Coyote’s bed. Coyotes was also there, but Raven was the only one who was naked. So Portia stabbed her through the heart before she could explain. Strangely, this did not kill Raven but instead reverted her body to that of a child. So Portia and Coyote kind of have two kids. Ish. Sort of. Their lives are so weird.

Powers & Tactics: As previously stated, Portia has a demon somewhere in her family tree. That day in the cave activated the atavism in her DNA, and it’s only grown in strength since. Before she was just pretty strong and tough, but not she’s legitimately a mid-tier powerhouse. Albeit one with excellent combat skills and an indestructible size changing black sword that goes elsewhere when she’s not holding it. She doesn’t need to breathe and isn’t susceptible to poison, disease, or even environmental issues. She’s stopped aging. Her senses have grown more inhuman. She can see through any concealment, illusion, and even full cave darkness. She’s friggin’ bulletproof, even against most vehicle mounted guns. All of those, however, are either what she originally had or improvements thereof. What’s new is that she can manifest leathery demonic wings to fly with. She’s not especially fast.

. . Tactically, don’t let that +10 attack bonus fool you, Portia’s terrifying. She uses Accurate Attack and Improved Startle liberally, so she can hit anyone. She even switches from Dark Sword to unarmed just to keep foes guessing. And there’s always Stunning Attack foes with more Toughness than Fortitude. Like those in heavy armor or sporting forcefields. Other than that, however, she’s a straightforward melee attacker. She has never power stunted. She’s capable, technically, but her standard abilities serve her well enough that she doesn’t.

Personality: Portia is one hard woman. Her first impression is cold, a little sadistic, and easily annoyed. It’s not…inaccurate, but it’s also not the whole picture. She was never a warm and cuddly woman, and her demonic atavism has had an effect on her psyche as well. With that said, she has a heart. She cares about her friends and to a lesser extent her guildmates. She’s deeply loyal and practices caution in all things. She’s just not particularly…demonstrative…with her emotions. And the demonic atavism has both quickened her temper and awakened an enjoyment of causing pain. She does her best to keep both in check, but it’s not easy. Fortunately, she has the entire guild to help. Her relationship with Coyote is an ongoing source of drama that Lucien and Raven have complicated further. She loves him, even if she’d never admit it.
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
EternalPhoenix

Raheed, The Dragon King (Guild Version)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Raheed, The Dragon King

STR: +15 (40), DEX: +1 (12), CON: +15 (40), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +15, Fort: +15, Ref: +5, Will: +10

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+5), Bluff 2 (+5), Diplomacy 7 (+10), Intimidate 16 (+25), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 15 (+15), Knowledge (civics) 10 (+10), Notice 9 (+12), Sense Motive 9 (+12)

Feats: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 5, Benefit (King of the Dragons), Challenge - Improved Demoralize, Challenge - Improved Startle, Dodge Focus 5, Fearless, Grappling Finesse, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Interpose, Power Attack, Ritualist, Startle, Takedown Attack, Ultimate Effort (Toughness checks), Uncanny Dodge (Auditory)

Powers:
Draconic Might (Super-Strength 4) (+20 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 409.6 tons; +4 STR to some checks)

Draconic Senses (Super-Senses 6) (darkvision, extended (type): Vision 1 (-1 per 100 ft), infravision, scent)

Dragon's Breath (Damage 12) (DC 27; Shapeable Area (12 cubes of 125 cu. ft. (5x5x5) - General))

Dragon's Tail (Additional Limbs 1) (1 extra limb; +1 to Grapple when not using Imp. Grapple, Feats: Improved Grapple; Innate)

Dragon's Wings (Flight 6) (Speed: 500 mph, 4400 ft./rnd; Power Loss (Bound Wings))

Dragons Are Big (Growth 12) (+24 STR, +12 CON, +3 size categories; Permanent; Innate)

Hardened Scales (Impervious Toughness 10)

Magic Translation (Comprehend 3) (languages - read all, languages - speak all, languages - understand all; Limited (to Languages of Summoner (Yas)))

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +9, Grapple: +40/+44)

Attacks: Dragon's Breath (Damage 12) (DC Staged/Tou ), Unarmed Attack, +9 (DC 30)

Defense: +9 (Flat-footed: +2), Size: Gargantuan, Knockback: -24

Initiative: +1

Languages: Draconic Native

Totals: Abilities 38 + Skills 18 (72 ranks) + Feats 25 + Powers 101 + Combat 32 + Saves 11 + Drawbacks 0 = 225

Age (as of Jan 2019): Really, really old.
Height: 64’ 0”
Weight: 125 tons
Ethnicity: Greenscale Dragon
Hair: None

Background: Raheed is from a parallel world where dragons reign supreme. And of all of them, he is their High King. Mightiest in combat and savvy enough to deal with any plots against him. But really what he’s best known for on our world is the White Magicians who make contracts with him. These contracts allow them to summon him into our world, though his power is constrained by the power of the White Magician. In modern times only one White Magician’s contract remains valid. Yasmine Sakaguchi’s contract. There’s not much more to it than that.

Powers & Tactics: Raheed is a gargantuan sized dragon. He is absolutely massive, and has the strength and durability to match. He stands at the pinnacle of both in the Guild. He breathes fire, flies with his wings, and has a tail. Complicated, his powers are not. He can see in the dark, into the infrared, and further away than normal humans. He can even identify individual scents to a degree superior to humans. He has one power that is unrelated to his draconic nature. As a summoned creature, he can speak any language his summoner does. As a side note, despite Yas essentially being a Master White Magician, she’s still not summoning him at his full power. His full size, certainly. Power, well…the one time she used a ritual to augment her summoning spell (it was one hell of an emergency)…he was clearly operating at least two and more likely four power levels higher than usual.

. . Tactically, Raheed is at first a simple creature. Smash, smash, and smash some more. Maybe breath some fire if smashing doesn’t work or isn’t available right this moment. Or if they’re being especially annoying grapple and crush (as this will not cost him his Dodge Bonus due to Grappling Finesse). This is because he’s so friggin’ strong and tough. Most opponents even if he misses by 4 or less still have to make a Reflex save to halve (avoid w/ Evasion) rank 12 damage. With opponents that are at least Large (or ones that manage to make him fail a non Reflex save by 5 or more), however, he changes tactics. Instead of free swinging without any regard for his opponent’s abilities, all his combat feats come out to play. Improved Startle is the order of the day, followed by full +5 All Out Power Attack. He does not forget he has Accurate Attack, though, and Improved Demoralize also has its uses. Grappling also remains on the table. With all that said, the one thing he never forgets to do is stay within one move action’s Flight range of Yas so he can Interpose for her if needed. He also will not hesitate to do it for any of the Defense shifted members of the Guild, should they be attacked without the benefit of their Dodge Bonus. As the only guild member with Ultimate Toughness (granted he’s using HP from Yas to make use of it), he knows that he can tank just about anything in a pinch. And there’s nothing like the sudden appearance of all 64 feet and 125 tons of pissed off dragon king to make the opposition reconsider their life choices.

Personality: Raheed has a distinctly alien mindset to humans. It’s probably easiest to think of him as an animal (a carnivorous predator, to be specific) uplifted into sentience. It does him one hell of a disservice, but it’s as close as humans can get to how he thinks. Humans are lesser beings to him. It’s not even ego. The limited version of him Yas summons outstrips virtually the entire species. So what humans feel and think is mostly irrelevant to him. Because he can eat them if they annoy him enough. Not that he would, but you understand. Otherwise they’re just a source of amusement. However, he’s not fool enough to ignore the evidence of his senses. Individuals can always be exceptional. A few of the guild (Portia, later Samorn, and most recently Dallas) have earned his respect as warriors. And Yas has his respect as a fellow living being. He’s quite fond of her, really.
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EternalPhoenix

Tobias (Guild Version)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Tobias

Power Level: 11; Power Points Spent: 180/180

STR: +3 (16), DEX: +5 (20), CON: +4 (18), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +4 (18)

Tough: +4/+8, Fort: +8, Ref: +14, Will: +8

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+15), Bluff 11 (+15), Climb 7 (+10), Diplomacy 8 (+12), Gather Information 8 (+12), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 4 (+5), Knowledge (current events) 14 (+15), Knowledge (popular culture) 4 (+5), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 4 (+5), Language 6 (+6), Notice 10 (+12), Sense Motive 13 (+15), Stealth 5 (+10), Swim 12 (+15)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 6, Beginner's Luck, Challenge - Improved Acrobatic Bluff, Challenge - Improved Feint, Challenge - Improved Taunt, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 5, Elusive Target, Endurance (+4), Evasion, Improved Critical 2 (Ohana's Edge (Strike 5)), Improved Initiative, Improved Throw, Improved Trick, Improved Trip, Interpose, Luck 3, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Set-Up, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, KN (current events), Sense Motive, Swim), Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack 2, Taunt, Ultimate Effort (Swim checks), Uncanny Dodge (Auditory)

Powers:
Immunity 4 (environmental condition: Cold, environmental condition: Pressure, suffocation (all); Limited - Half Effect)

Leaping 1 (Jumping distance: x2)

Ohana (Device 3) (Easy to lose)
. . Ohana's Edge (Strike 5) (DC 23, Feats: Improved Critical 2 (Ohana's Edge (Strike 5)); Penetrating; Affects Insubstantial 2 (full power), Mighty)

Speed 1 (Speed: 10 mph, 88 ft./rnd)

Super-Movement 2 (slow fall, wall-crawling 1 (half speed))

Swimming 1 (Speed: 2.5 mph, 22 ft./rnd)

Attack Bonus: +8 (Ranged: +8, Melee: +14, Grapple: +17)

Attacks: Ohana's Edge (Strike 5), +14 (DC 23), Unarmed Attack, +14 (DC 18)

Defense: +14 (Flat-footed: +5), Knockback: -3

Initiative: +9

Languages: English, French, Japanese, Palauan Native, Portuguese, Tahitian, Thai

Totals: Abilities 38 + Skills 29 (116 ranks) + Feats 42 + Powers 18 + Combat 34 + Saves 19 + Drawbacks 0 = 180

Age (as of Jan 2019): Late 20s
Weight: 170
Ethnicity: Mixed Dutch and Indonesian (alternate world variant)
Hair: Golden Blonde

Background: Tobias was originally nothing more than a dream within a dream. A last fragmented hope, cast out into infinity and against all odds, rewarded. He doesn’t know where he was for a while after he…went away? What do you call it when you almost cease to exist? Anyway, the next sensation he knew (having lacked even the ability to think) was the water around him. The beach, near Koror. He was back, somehow. Yasmine was here. And that was enough. He…was never quite a Seawing, not officially. He married Yas, they had their daughter Lucia, and everyone just started…drifting apart. It was sad, but that was life. Then came the revitalization into an Adventurer Guild and yeah, why not? He joined up too. What was he gonna do, not help out his wife and mother of his child? Ha, no. Don’t be goofy. So yeah. He’s just kind of around, providing a helping hand to Yas and the Guild when necessary. Doing the dad thing with Lucia. Mentoring the younger sword users like Charlie. Honestly, he does more for the Guild with emotional support and running the beach volleyball league than he does on missions or jobs.

Powers & Tactics: Tobias doesn’t have any superhuman powers. Never has. He’s just a freakish athlete with a powerful magic sword. Faster movement speed, further jumping, more resistant to extreme temperature, and less of a need to breath. He’s great at falling without injuring himself, and even wall running. His magic sword Ohana was a gift from Willie Teriong. It belonged to his deceased brother, Charlie (who Willie’s son was named after). Its enchantments make it more powerful and able to hit even incorporeal targets at full strength. That’s it.

. . Tactically, Tobias takes full advantages of his athleticism, Move by Action’ing between attacks. Improved Acrobatic Bluff and Improved Feint help set up stronger Power Attacks when necessary. When fighting alongside heavy hitting allies, he’ll use Set Up to give them a better chance of hitting. Improved Acrobatic Bluff + Taunt is a hell of a thing. Powerful enemies (like if his PL is clearly two more more below the opponent) he’ll use Defensive Attack to reduce his chances of being hit. There’s also Tricking and Tripping, but those are less used. He can’t power stunt.

Personality: Tobias is…Tobias. A good man, with endless courage. He’s normally cheerful and relaxed, but when the situation gets serious so does he. He’s unexpectedly empathetic, even if he doesn’t have any especially strong insight into people. He’s a hero for sure, but humble about it. What’s he’s not humble about is his beach volleyball prowess, and he shouldn’t be. He spent his childhood running away from his problems, and so now he tends to face things head on. He loves both Yas and Lucia with all of his heart.
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
EternalPhoenix

The Pacific Stranger

Post by EternalPhoenix »

The Pacific Stranger (Oliver LaRouche)

Power Level: 12; Power Points Spent: 275/275

STR: +3 (16), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +3 (16), INT: +3 (16), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +3/+8/+10, Fort: +8, Ref: +14, Will: +8

Skills: Acrobatics 12 (+15), Bluff 12 (+15), Concentration 12 (+15), Diplomacy 7 (+10), Gather Information 7 (+10), Intimidate 12 (+15), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 2 (+5), Knowledge (history) 12 (+15), Knowledge (tactics) 7 (+10), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 2 (+5), Notice 12 (+15), Sense Motive 12 (+15), Stealth 12 (+15), Survival 7 (+10)

Feats: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Challenge - Improved Demoralize, Challenge - Improved Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2 (Blessed Sword Strike (Strike 7)), Improved Initiative, Luck 3, Power Attack, Precise Shot, Quick Change, Quick Draw, Skill Mastery (Bluff, Intimidate, Notice, Sense Motive), Startle, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack, Taunt, Uncanny Dodge (Auditory)

Powers:
Alien Plasma Grenade Launcher (Device 7) (Easy to lose)
. . Plasma Grenade (Blast 12) (DC 27; Burst Area (60 ft. radius - General); Full Power)

Crusader's Blessed Sword (Device 3) (Easy to lose)
. . Blessed Sword Strike (Strike 7) (DC 25, Feats: Improved Critical 2 (Blessed Sword Strike (Strike 7)); Penetrating [5 ranks only]; Mighty)

Enchanted Revolvers (Device 7) (Easy to lose)
. . Revolver Shots (Blast 10) (DC 25; Autofire (interval 2, max +5), Penetrating [5 ranks only])

Human Wormhole (Teleport 10) (1000 ft. as move action, 200000 miles as full action; Accurate; Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Progression, Mass (carry 250 lbs), Subtle 2 (unnoticable), Turnabout)

Magic Induced Agelessness (Immunity 1) (aging)

Omniglot (Comprehend 3) (languages - read all, languages - speak all, languages - understand all)

Weathered Poncho & Bandana (Device 3) (Hard to lose; Subtle (subtle))
. . Immunity 9 (life support)
. . Protection 5 (+5 Toughness; Subtle (subtle))

Attack Bonus: +14 (Ranged: +14, Melee: +14, Grapple: +17)

Attacks: Blessed Sword Strike (Strike 7), +14 (DC 25), Plasma Grenade (Blast 12) (DC 27), Revolver Shots (Blast 10), +14 (DC 25), Unarmed Attack, +14 (DC 18)

Defense: +14 (Flat-footed: +7), Knockback: -4

Initiative: +7

Languages: French Native

Totals: Abilities 36 + Skills 32 (128 ranks) + Feats 22 + Powers 108 + Combat 56 + Saves 21 + Drawbacks 0 = 275

Age (as of Jan 2019): 933 (chronological) Mid 20s (biological)
Weight: 175 lbs.
Ethnicity: French
Hair: Sandy Brown
Eyes: Blue

Background: Oliver of Rouen (LeRouche came later, as surnames weren’t quite a thing at the time) was a young Frankish knight who volunteered for the First Crusade. He fought honorably and well, killing his fair share of Moslems for the greater glory of God and all Christendom. It was a different time, and the Oliver of today…well, it’s not that he regrets his actions, exactly. He was a product of his times and environment, and was among many thousands of knights just like him. At the time what they did was more or less considered the upright and moral thing to do. There were unscrupulous knights, of course, and even outright villains. People were still people. With that said, if he condemns himself he condemns many good men he personally knew. His feelings are quite understandably mixed. At any rate, his story did not truly begin until he and a few comrades found the cave. A tomb of a wizard from long ago, it held many wonders but also a terrible curse. Oliver himself took nothing; however his comrades secreted away a few trinkets. In fact, he had counseled against taking anything. When they returned with a pack horse, the cave was nowhere to be found. Over the following few years, the curse began to take its toll on the knights. Oliver, as he was no thief, was the least affected. They ceased to age and were afflicted with a terrible wanderlust. None of his comrades survived past the Second Crusade. But Oliver of Rouen safely returned home to his young wife, without any idea that his aging had ceased. They had children, and time simply rolled on. People were curious about his youthful looks, and the questions had mounted to the point where he willingly joined the Third Crusade to escape them. He did not know it then, but the wanderlust also played a role in this.

. . The Third Crusade was, as history records, kind of a disaster. And also where Oliver learned he could teleport. Nothing like trying to get away from Saladin’s forces in the desert and suddenly finding yourself on the shores of the Mediterranean. A knight, past 50 but still with the youth and strength of someone 30 years younger. A man of faith, who has had it questioned, now finds himself with a true supernatural ability he does not remember accepting. He was understandably upset. Oliver of Rouen was recorded as having died in the Third Crusade. He was not seen again in Europe for a century, so that everyone who knew him would be dead. And even then, he dropped the “of Rouen” from his name and so was a man without a hometown.

. . What was a man to do, being unable to age yet able to travel more effortlessly than anyone he had ever heard of? Indulge that wanderlust, of course. With that said, his story was not quite so simple. Wars, love, loss, and enough drama and action to fill a dozen doorstopper novels has been the life of Oliver LeRouche. Name a major historic event, and he was most likely in the thick of it. Even simultaneous occurrences, as befits a man who can be on the other side of the world in mere moments. He has been involved in incidents that will never make the public history books, either. Just about everybody “in the know” about such events knows him. He stood on the surface of the moon before Neil Armstrong was born. He sailed with Columbus, not that Columbus was aware of his presence. He discovered the truth behind the Roanoke colony disappearance with the Celtic Princess Keaira. As The Desert Stranger, he’s been a vital cog in the superheroic West since Americans first started moving out that way. He was a member of the original Seven Soldiers in the Wild West (featuring the ageless samurai [for he still serves a master even now] Jin, the wizard Cowgirl Janey, and the first man to call himself The Human Rocket). There was also the Pacific-based superhuman strike force in World War II (with the future Icon The Shining Guardian, Jin a second time, the second Human Rocket, and pre-experiment Wilder [of the Javier Academy]). And now, as The Pacific Stranger, he works with the Seawings Adventurer Guild. His life has been many things, but boring is not one of them. He has no living children, but the same can not be said of grandchildren and further down. He visits them, sometimes.

Powers & Tactics: Oliver has two superhuman powers, four devices, and nine centuries of linguistic experience. The former is a complete inability to age and the ability to for a single instant, make two points in space effectively fuse. The effect moves him from the first point to the second quite literally instantaneously. To a disorienting degree to anyone not used to the suddenness of it. Obviously, he’s used to it. Still, the rapid attacks other teleporters can do are beyond him, as rapid teleports of that nature disorient even him. Both are permanently imbued magical abilities and are not spells.

. . The devices he’s owned the longest are his Enchanted Revolvers and his Weathered Poncho & Bandana. They were gifts from Cowgirl Janey. The Revolvers are just that. Incredibly powerful revolvers that never need reloading. The Poncho & Bandana serve as body armor, and protection from environmental effects, disease, poison, and suffocation (hence how he stood on the moon without dying immediately). They are, of course, magical in nature. The Alien Plasma Grenade Launcher and Crusader’s Blessed Sword are much more recent acquisitions. The former is exactly what it says it is. It is technological in nature and launches potent plasma grenades. He picked it up during an interstellar adventure, after taxing his teleportation powers beyond their limits out of sheer curiosity. It’s a little bit broken, and thus the power of the Grenade cannot be adjusted. The Sword is a divine object, and no it’s not his original sword. That sword in is a cave on the Moon, where no one will likely disturb it. It was no special powers, he’s just sentimental. This Sword is a holy relic, carried by a First Crusader and passed down through the ages until it ended up in a small French Polynesian village where its family line had finally come to an end with a shot down WWII fighter pilot. The Seawings (with Oliver), thwarted the attempt of an evil cult to grab the Item of Power, and discovered it was a holy relic and thus useless to the cult anyway. In gratitude, the village elders gifted the Sword to the one white man present (because he looked the most like the final owner, you see). And so the one time Crusader had a Crusader’s sword.

. . Nine centuries of linguistic experience means he’s basically an omniglot. There are few languages on Earth he isn’t fluent in, and those he can pick up through a few minutes’ conversation. It’s kind of amazing, actually, but it’s not a superhuman power. Just a little aptitude and a lot of practice.

. . Tactically, Oliver is kind of terrifying. Centuries of combat experience. The ability to attack from almost any angle. And no fear of falling whatsoever. He prefers ranged combat with his Enchanted Revolvers, but he’ll clean house with the Alien Plasma Grenade Launcher when necessary. He hasn’t had to rely on his swordsmanship since the Age of Firearms was well underway, and thank God for it. There are entirely too many creatures that can make mincemeat out of a man in melee range. Still, it makes for a nice surprise on occasion, and there are foes that can be harmed much more effectively by Divine descriptors.

Personality: Oliver is a mystery wrapped in a conundrum inside an enigma, and he prefers it that way. Oliver LaRouche is a consummate Frenchman. Wine, cheese, baguettes, and (of course) sensual seduction. The Desert/Pacific Stranger is a walking stereotype of an American cowboy. If it’s a cowboy cliché, he’s probably doing it. And those are just his two most common personas. He’s had nine centuries to develop them all, so there’s a multitude to pick from. A chivalrous knight out to rescue the damsel fair. The gruff mentor and dispenser of sage wisdom. The happy-go-lucky party animal. He even mixes and matches. Combining the Frenchman and the cowboy is certainly a sight to behold. In all of them, however, there is a common thread. A sense of honor that will not permit him to take unfair advantage of someone else. They must consent before he takes any liberties of any kind, and any refusals are completely respected. The one persona he rarely shows is his real one, and for good reasons. Oliver of Rouen is tired and not a little sad. He is a very old man who has seen everyone he’s ever loved grow old and die. Sometimes without the growing old part first. And he knows that even those he cares for now will eventually be gone. All are dust on the wind. He could wallow in it, but he chooses to live for today. Anything else would be an insult to those who have loved him and wanted him to go on without them. Rikki has developed into his first great love of this century. One day soon, perhaps, he will tell her as much.
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
EternalPhoenix

Coyote (Guild Version)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Coyote

Power Level: 12; Power Points Spent: 250/250

STR: +10 (14/30), DEX: +5 (20), CON: +10 (14/30), INT: +3 (16), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +15 (24/40)

Tough: +10/+14, Fort: +10, Ref: +12, Will: +8

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+15), Bluff 15 (+30), Diplomacy 10 (+25), Gather Information 10 (+25), Intimidate 5 (+20), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 2 (+5), Knowledge (history) 12 (+15), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 12 (+15), Notice 15 (+15), Search 3 (+6), Sense Motive 15 (+15), Sleight of Hand 5 (+10), Stealth 10 (+15)

Feats: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 5, Attack Specialization 2 (Unarmed Attack), Benefit 2 (Wealth), Challenge - Improved Distract, Challenge - Improved Feint, Challenge - Improved Taunt, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Distract (Bluff), Dodge Focus, Evasion, Fascinate (Bluff), Improved Trick, Luck 6, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Infomation), Takedown Attack 2, Taunt, Ultimate Effort (Bluff check), Uncanny Dodge (Olfactory), Well-Informed

Powers:
Animal Spirit (Container, Passive 14)
. . Comprehend 2 (animals - speak to, animals - understand; Narrow Group (coyotes))
. . Coyote's Fang (Strike 4) (DC 29; Mighty)
. . Enhanced Constitution 16 (+16 CON)
. . Enhanced Strength 16 (+16 STR)
. . Immunity 1 (aging)
. . Leaping 3 (Jumping distance: x10)
. . Speed 3 (Speed: 50 mph, 440 ft./rnd)
. . Super-Senses 17 (accurate: Normal Olfactory, acute (type): Olfactory, analytical (type): Olfactory, awareness: Divine (Olfactory), awareness: Magic (Olfactory), counters concealment: Olfactory, counters illusion: Olfactory, counters obscure (all): Olfactory)
. . Super-Strength 4 (+20 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 12.8 tons; +4 STR to some checks)

Trickster (Container, Passive 7)
. . Comprehend 2 (languages - understand all, languages - you're understood)
. . Enhanced Charisma 16 (+16 CHA)
. . Immunity 5 (entrapment)
. . Luck Control 1 (force a re-roll, Feats: Luck 6)
. . Multiexistence (Features 1) (Notes: There are many Coyotes. They have independent minds and wills, but they're all him. It's weird.)

Attack Bonus: +5 (Ranged: +5, Melee: +10, Grapple: +20/+24)

Attacks: Coyote's Fang (Strike 4), +10 (DC 29), Unarmed Attack, +14 (DC 25)

Defense: +10 (Flat-footed: +5), Knockback: -6

Initiative: +5

Totals: Abilities 38 + Skills 31 (124 ranks) + Feats 33 + Powers 105 + Combat 28 + Saves 15 + Drawbacks 0 = 250

Age (as of Jan 2019): At least 12,000. Possibly over a million years. (chronological), Mid 20s (appearance)
Height: 6’ 1”
Weight: 180
Ethnicity: Native American (plains tribe variant)

Background: Coyote was not born. He simply abruptly existed one day. There are many, many stories of him in the various mythoi of North America’s native tribes. Some are true. Some are lies he told. Some are lies told about him. At any rate, there he was. The First and Highest of all coyotes. Feared by some, worshiped by others, etc. He took lovers when he felt like it, discarded them in the same way. Probably had some children along the way. He wasn’t keeping a head count as who cared? Mortals passed away so quickly, after all. This was all well and good, but thank the Great Spirit (or whatever you call it, human) for the Industrial Revolution. Now he could go places and meet people so much faster. Ah, such good days. And then he met Portia, and the rest, well…Coyote doesn’t tell stories for free, you understand. Ask someone else if you want to know. Or you could make a deal with him. …no? Haha, such wisdom for a mortal. Okay, you get this for free. Coyote is a member in good standing of the Seawings Adventurer Guild. He is still in an extremely sexual relationship with Portia. He is a father figure (for good or ill) to Lucien. And he really, really is enjoying seeing his old rival Raven humbled and in the form of a child. It is wonderful.

Powers & Tactics: Coyote is a Native American animal spirit. This means all of his powers are divinely bestowed, even though he is not a god himself. And because he’s Coyote, that means he’s basically a canine totem. A mid tier powerhouse with a spectral bite attack and the inability to age who can converse casually with coyotes. Not any canine species, just coyotes. Yeah, he can run faster and leap higher than any unpowered human, and his sense of smell is kind of amazing (he can target enemies in combat with it, detect supernatural effects, and nobody can hide from it), but the real action is in his Trickster powers. Speaking any language. Charisma to burn. Can’t be grappled, snared, or otherwise trapped in one place. Bending probability itself in his favor, and his strangest one. Multiexistence means that there’s a lot of other Coyotes. This is not Duplication because it’s something that is, not something that he’s actively doing. And he has no command over them to begin with. They are their own beings with their own minds and wills. So they don’t like…show up much, but occasionally he can get some information or a favor out of one of them. How many other Coyotes are there? Even he doesn’t know. It’s somewhere between 10 and 7 billion. Probably closer to the lower end of that scale than the higher.

. . Tactically, fighting Coyote is a completely terrifying prospect. He has a virtually unbeatable Bluff check for Feinting and Taunting, as well as the Improved version of both. And that’s if he doesn’t just use Combat Diplomacy to talk whoever wants to punch him in the face into not doing that. He’s also got Improved Distract and all of the cap shifting combat feats. He hits exactly as hard as his lover Portia does and is just as tough (albeit using Defensive Roll to get there), but with his Bluff he’s always underestimated until it’s too late. And his Uncanny Dodge is Olfactory instead of the usual Auditory. Meaning that when everyone else gets caught out because they can’t hear the enemy coming…Coyote has already smelled them out.

Personality: Coyote is a combination of poor impulse control, narcissism, and an instinctive knack for making poor life choices. He is a goddamn walking disaster of a being. He is a liar and a trickster. It is literally his nature, and as he isn’t strictly speaking a human being, he cannot defy it. This does not, however, mean that he can’t twist his nature to suit his own purposes. He just has a knack, between his immense charm and significant intellect, of blunting consequences. He’s never outright malicious, but his tricks have left a trail of carnage and shattered lives in the past. He isn’t evil, per se, but disrespect what he is (as opposed to his personality, dress code, etc) at your extreme peril. Regardless of how he appears and behaves, he is not a mortal in any way. Human lives, in the abstract, mean absolutely nothing to him. There is real darkness in him. He is, after all, the First and Highest of a species of scavenging canine carnivores. His highest loyalty will always be to himself. With that said, his true feelings for the Seawings and the rest of the Guild are…complex. He cares what happens to them, to varying degrees. Portia being the one he cares for the most. But he is not a hero, their father, or their personal bodyguard. He is Coyote, and anyone who trusts him that completely is a fool who deserves what happens to them.
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
EternalPhoenix

Lucy Hasegawa

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Lucy Hasegawa

Power Level: 12; Power Points Spent: 180/180

STR: +1 (12), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +3 (16), INT: +3 (16), WIS: +5 (20), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +3/+15, Fort: +8, Ref: +8, Will: +15

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+10), Diplomacy 7 (+10), Gather Information 7 (+10), Intimidate 12 (+15), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 12 (+15), Knowledge (history) 7 (+10), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 2 (+5), Language 4 (+4), Notice 5 (+10), Sense Motive 10 (+15)

Feats: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Challenge - Improved Demoralize, Challenge - Improved Startle, Defensive Attack, Dodge Focus 3, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Luck 4, Precise Shot, Skill Mastery (Intimidate, KN (arcane lore), Sense Motive), Startle, Uncanny Dodge (Auditory)

Powers:
Elemental Warlock (Array 23) (default power: blast; Variable Descriptor 2 (Broad group - Any Magic); Custom (Array 22.5))
. . Elemental Burst (Blast 10) (Array; DC 25; Burst Area (50-2500 ft. radius - General), Selective Attack; Progression, Increase Area 5 (area x50))
. . Elemental Control (Move Object 15) (Array; Strength: 75, Carry: 136.2 tons / 272.9 tons / 409.6 tons / 819.2 tons, DC 30; Damaging)
. . Elemental Fury (Blast 15) (Default; DC 30; Autofire (interval 2, max +5))

Strapless Gothic Lolita Dress (Device 3) (Hard to lose)
. . Enhanced Dodge Focus (Enhanced Trait 3) (Feats: Dodge Focus 3)
. . Protection 12 (+12 Toughness)

Attack Bonus: +9 (Ranged: +9, Melee: +9, Grapple: +10)

Attacks: Elemental Burst (Blast 10) (DC 25), Elemental Control (Move Object 15), +9 (DC 30), Elemental Fury (Blast 15), +9 (DC 30), Unarmed Attack, +9 (DC 16)

Defense: +9 (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -7

Initiative: +6

Languages: English, Japanese Native, Palauan, Russian, Tahitian

Totals: Abilities 34 + Skills 19 (74 ranks) + Feats 15 + Powers 61 + Combat 30 + Saves 21 + Drawbacks 0 = 180

Age (as of Jan 2019): 33
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 135 lbs.
Ethnicity: Mixed Russian/Japanese

Background: Lucy Hasegawa was one of Yas’s protectors on her trip to sacrifice herself to save the world. Obviously, things went differently than anyone was expecting, thanks to Tobias’s courage and Yas’s own strength. In the aftermath, Lucy settled down with Willie Teriong and had a son. They named him Charlie after Willie’s deceased brother (and Lucy’s first love). They have other kids, but Charlie’s the one who gets screen time. Lucy was always a big sister figure to Yas, as they grew up in Koror together along with Willie. Lucy settling down and Yas ramping up (meaning joining the Seawings) put some distance into the previously close relationship. This was not out of any animosity, just over being in very different places in their lives. When Tobias returned and Yas married him, the two settled in Koror in the same neighborhood as Lucy and Willie. The close relationship resumed, especially after the birth of Yas’s daughter Lucia. So much so that when the Seawings were revitalized into an Adventurer Guild, Lucy agreed to Yas’s request to join it.

Powers & Tactics: Lucy is an Elemental Warlock. It’s a fancy title for a regular magician who specializes in combat spells. And boy does she. Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Lightning, and many more are at her fingertips. In rapid fire, burst, or –kinesis form. Her power is completely ridiculous. And her powers are so great that they’ve turned her eyes red. They used to be dark brown, but not anymore. For defensive purposes, she had her enchanted Strapless Gothic Lolita Dress. It provides more damage resistance than your average armored vehicle, and helps her dodge attacks a bit. That’s it.

. . Tactically, Lucy isn’t particularly subtle. She has both Improved Demoralize and Improved Startle, and can increase her mediocre accuracy with Accurate and/or All Out Attack. She even has Defensive Attack for when she’s a bit outclassed and wants to avoid taking too much damage. She cannot, however, Power Attack at all. With all that said, her go to is dropping damage until the enemy is down and out. She has a plethora of power stunts, Some are all nasty spells like Death (Drain Con 15 [Ranged, Autofire]), Toxin (Blast 15 [Alt Save Fort]), and Petrify (Transform 15 [flesh into stone]). So they only get used when regular damage won’t do. But she’s a master of the elements, so Create Object 15 (Ice/Earth/etc; Continuous Duration), Snare 15 (pick an appropriate Extra), or just about anything a given Element Controller can do is on the table. She’s specialized, not incapable.

Personality: Lucy wears leather and lace. In black. That should tell you most of what you need to know about Lucy. Strong, tough, and stern exterior. A soft, warm, and caring heart. Lucy spent most of her childhood being the adult in the room, and so she never quite learned how to loosen up and have fun. She’s the type who thinks they have to be sensible and responsible all the time. She’s grown out of it a bit, as time has gone on. But she’s still more likely to chastise shenanigans than participate in them. She genuinely loves Willie, Charlie, and Yas. Rikki & Kaikoa she still considers good friends, as well.
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.