Taros' Tokusatsu Builds (Battle Fever J! Secret Society Egos! Salomé! Egos Kaijin! Devil Robots! Cutmen!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
OwOMotaros

Re: X's Allies

Post by OwOMotaros »

Davies wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:53 pm
OwOMotaros wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:12 pm
Keitaro Jin - Keisuke's genius roboticist father, fatally wounded besides Keisuke for defying G.O.D. Keitaro, in his last moments, performed the surgery to transform Keisuke into the X-Rider, and providing him with a location in the Pacific that he should head to. Keisuke would discover an underwater headquarters there, with an artificial intelligence based on his father, who, for a short time, tried to assist Keisuke, before getting tired of his whining and self-destructing.
... seriously?
Seriously.
Davies

Re: OwOMotaros's Tokusatsu Builds (G.O.D! Apollogeist! King Dark!)

Post by Davies »

... that escalated quickly.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

That's an understatement. So apparently he lost his underwater headquarters by the second episode? Because the computer copy of his Dad was worried that his son would get soft having someone to confide in? Father of the year material right there.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
OwOMotaros

Jyumenki Golgos

Post by OwOMotaros »

Starting the Kamen Rider Amazon section of the recap, we've got the first big bad of this short series.....

"Amazon Rider! This is my end!" - last statement before exploding at a nuclear level

Jyumenki Golgos (The Ten-Faced Demon, Golgos)

PL 12 (384.5 PP)

Identity: Golgos
Height: 800 cm (26-ft)
Weight: 302 kg (665 lbs)
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: None
Group Affiliation: Gedon (Leader)
Base Of Operations: Amazon Rainforest (Formerly), Japan (During Armlet Pursuit)

Abilities
Strength 10, Stamina 12, Agility -2, Dexterity 0
Fighting 8, Intellect 5, Awareness 5, Presence 5

Powers

GaGa Armlet: Regeneration 5 (-5 every minute), Device (Removable). Total: 4

Human-Face Rock: Decreased Speed 1, Flight 8 (1 mpr/500 mph), Innate Permanent Growth 8 (30-ft), Immortality 19, Limited (Each Death Kills a Face on the Rock; Once All Are Dead, Immortality is Gone), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Impervious 13 Protection 3, Senses 9 (Visual 5 (Darkvision 2 Radius 2 Ultravision)), (Mental 4 (Magical Awareness 4 (Acute 1 Extended 1 (-1/100) Radius 1))). Total: 87

Spawn Beastmen: Continuous Heroic Mental Link Variable Type 1 (Animal-Based Humanoid Monsters) Summon 10 (PL 10 Beastmen). Total: 61

Demonic Magics: Array 96 (7 Alternate Effects)
  • Animal Control: Subtle Perception Range Cumulative Affliction 12 (Mental, DC 22 Will, (Entranced/Compelled/Controlled), Limited (Animals))
  • Black Onogorudo: Environment 10 (Visibility 2, 4 miles)
  • Massive Bite: Grabbing Strength-Damage +2 (Crushing, DC 27)
  • Dissolving Foam: Contagious Affects Objects & Others Secondary Effect Ranged Weaken Toughness 10, Linked Contagious Secondary Effect Blast 10 (Acid, DC 25)
  • Fire Breath (Area): Line Area 2 Damage 12 (Fire, DC 27, 60-ft line)
  • Fire Breath (Blast): Accurate 1 Blast 14
  • Liquid Bombs: Burst Area 1 Blast 12 (Explosive, DC 27, 30-ft burst)
Advantages
All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Artificer, Benefit 4 (Leader of Geddon, Wielder of the GaGa Armlet), Daze (Intimidation), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative 2, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Ritualist, Startle, Takedown 1, Well-Informed

Skills
Athletics 2 (+12 Total)
Deception 8 (+13 Total)
Expertise: Geddon Leader 10 (+15 Total)
Expertise: Magic (AWE) 10 (+15 Total)
Insight 6 (+11 Total)
Intimidation 6 (+11, (+15 w/Size))
Investigation 2 (+7 Total)
Perception 5 (+10 Total)
Persuasion 5 (+10 Total)
Stealth 0 (-2, (-10 w/Size))
Technology 3 (+8 Total)

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +8 | Close, Damage 10
Massive Bite +8 | Grabbing Damage 12
Animal Control (DC 22 Will) | Subtle Perception Range Cumulative Affliction 12 (Entranced/Compelled/Controlled), Limited (Animals))
Dissolving Foam +8 | Contagious Affects Objects & Others Secondary Effect Ranged Weaken Toughness 10, Linked Contagious Secondary Effect Blast 10
Fire Breath (Area) (DC 22 Dodge) | Line Area 2 Damage 12
Fire Breath (Blast) +10 | Blast 14
Liquid Bombs (DC 22 Dodge) | Burst Area 1 Blast 12

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 7, Fortitude 12, Toughness 15, Will 12

Abilities 54, Powers 249, Advantages 32, Skills 28.5, Defenses 21 = 384.5 PP

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Complications

Personality - Golgos isn't that different from other Rider villains in terms of personality; arrogant, quick to anger, and even quicker to kill his own servants, but also strategic and conniving.

Hunger - Golgos requires a solid blood supply to survive, usually supplied by his minions capturing civilians.

Motivation - Golgos seeks to take the GiGi Armlet from Amazon, wishing to unite it with his own Armlet to unlock the ambiguously-defined "Full power of Ancient Incan Science" they were created from.

Disability(?) - Golgos' top half is normal human-sized, compared to the colossal boulder he sits within. He cannot strike with Unarmed without his opponent getting up close to his top half.

Background: Jyumenki Golgos, the leader of Gedon. A demon sat within a massive boulder with 10 human faces embedded in it, Golgos is the wielder of the GaGa Armlet, one half of an ancient set, alongside Amazon's GiGi Armlet. Seeking to obtain the GiGi Armlet to complete the set and obtain the power of Ancient Incan Science, Golgos destroyed the tribe Amazon was raised around, but was unable to obtain the Armlet, now grafted to Amazon's body and granting him the powers of a Kamen Rider. Pursuing Amazon across the Pacific to Japan, Golgos and his army of Beastmen began a dedicated pursuit against Amazon and his newfound allies, only to find that their new foe was......more than willing to tear them apart at a moments notice. Not one to plan roundabout schemes, Golgos' leadership mostly led to plans of kidnapping and straight up murder, either to obtain the blood necessary to keep him alive, or to draw out Amazon. After continued failures by his Beastmen, to the point where Amazon was able to enter their cave base and wound one of his heads, Golgos began taking it upon himself and battling Amazon directly. He proved solidly capable, defeating Amazon through the use of his overwhelming physical strength (literally sat on him). Not managing to kill Amazon in that encounter would prove fatal, as Amazon, alongside the betrayer Dobsonfly Beastman, would assault him, and, after a way-too-early heelturn by Dobsonfly, Amazon would kill the rest of Golgos' heads AND cut his arm off, severing his connection with the GaGa Armlet. Before Amazon could obtain the Armlet, it was stolen away by an unknown foe, disappearing into the wind as Golgos flew into the sky and exploded with the force of a nuclear weapon, leaving Amazon to wonder, "What next?"

Notes: Jyumenki Golgos is a pretty powerful monster, only really lacking in defensive PL due to his limited mobility. His mobility isn't that much of an issue, however, due to his high-speed flight and wide-ranging magical effects. Not only is he the first build that can naturally create monsters, he also gets to throw around several Area Effects, manipulate the Environment, and spit a very potent foam, able to dissolve humans in an instant and proving hard for even Amazon to resist. Oh, and Immortality, because how else are you going to survive the Amazon Rider trying to tear you apart.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
OwOMotaros

Akajusha

Post by OwOMotaros »

Next, Gedon's mooks, the all-female kidnapping squad...

Akajusha

PL 5 (94 PP)

Identity: Unknown
Height: Varies
Weight: Varies
Eyes: Unknown
Hair: Unknown
Group Affiliation: Gedon
Base Of Operations: Random Cave, Japan

Abilities
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 2
Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 4

Advantages
Equipment 4 (Fencing Foil +1, Assorted Items/Vehicles), Evasion 1, Hide in Plain Sight, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 4

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8 Total)
Athletics 4 (+5 Total)
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+8 Total)
Close Combat: Swords 2 (+8 Total)
Deception 5 (+9 Total)
Expertise: Criminal 5 (+6 Total)
Insight 4 (+6 Total)
Intimidation 2 (+6 Total)
Investigation 4 (+5 Total)
Perception 6 (+8 Total)
Persuasion 5 (+9 Total)
Sleight of Hand 5 (+7 Total)
Stealth 6 (+10 Total)
Technology 2 (+3 Total)
Treatment 2 (+3 Total)
Vehicles 4 (+6 Total)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed +8 | Close, Damage 1
Fencing Foil +8 | Strength-Based Strike 2

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 4, Toughness 2, Will 2

Abilities 44, Powers 0, Advantages 11, Skills 31, Defenses 8 = 94 PP

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Complications

Personality - Similar to mooks before and after them, the Akajusha are deathly-loyal to their leader, Jyumenki Golgos.

Notes: The Akajusha are a bit of a departure from previous Rider mooks. They are still good fighters, but lean heavier on the accuracy side. They also break the bank on skill ranks, and use quite a few more advantages than other mooks too. They're designed much less as frontline soldiers and more like spies and saboteurs, often sent out by Golgos to kidnap humans for his feedings or to watch over Beastmen during their operations to then tattle on them to Golgos should they fail or act unbefitting a Beastman.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Tue May 03, 2022 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

lol, a Volcano-Centaur- Half-Demon; Half-Volcano! Now I've seen everything.

I forgot you built Kamen Rider Amazon, so I had to go back and check. I guess you did most of the early crew before you did any bad guys. I definitely recall you talking about him, and sharing pics of him dismembering monsters. Did parents ever complain about how bloody this show was? I know in Japan that's a bit more "normal" in kids' shows, but spurting blood is still pretty high-end!

It's crazy how many evil organizations there are in this universe- are they ever just random space aliens or something? It seems like every time one organization dies, there's another one waiting in the wings to take over. Where do they get all their agents from?
OwOMotaros

Post by OwOMotaros »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:20 am I forgot you built Kamen Rider Amazon, so I had to go back and check. I guess you did most of the early crew before you did any bad guys. I definitely recall you talking about him, and sharing pics of him dismembering monsters. Did parents ever complain about how bloody this show was? I know in Japan that's a bit more "normal" in kids' shows, but spurting blood is still pretty high-end!

It's crazy how many evil organizations there are in this universe- are they ever just random space aliens or something? It seems like every time one organization dies, there's another one waiting in the wings to take over. Where do they get all their agents from?
1. Yeah, I covered the Seven Legendary Riders & Skyrider, the first two Sentai, and bits of the first Ultra Series early on. Was still figuring out how I wanted to do this, you know how it is.

2. Parents definitely complained, and said complaints led to the show being cancelled after 24 episodes. Didn't stop the violence, tho, and inadvertently led to Amazon getting a great reputation in-universe for taking out two organizations in the course of at most 8 months, and a cult-classic status out of universe due to the run time.

3. In-universe, at least in the Showa Series universe, most organizations are either controlled by the Great Leader in the background, or get gobbled up by him eventually. The excuse I've got is that the Great Leader used his powers to create mindless mooks. Its usually either that or kidnapping + brainwashing, like they tried with Riders 1 & 2. As for the rest of the series, they're mostly considered to be part of a multiverse, and can get away with a new threat each year. Toei's not great at sticking to that rule, and have already had 2 separate seasons try to deal with that problem to.....some success? I mean, its still a mess, but much less than before.
OwOMotaros

"Great Emperor Zero"

Post by OwOMotaros »

Next up, the "leader" of the Garanda Empire....

"Great Emperor Zero"

PL 10 (173 PP)

Identity: "Great Emperor Zero"
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Eyes: Black
Group Affiliation: Garanda Empire ("Leader")
Base Of Operations: Unknown

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 0
Fighting 8, Intellect 4, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Powers

Lance: (Vaporizing Sparks: Diminished Range 1 Penetrating 8 Blast 12 (Chemical, DC 27), A.E (Transformation Nullification: Nullify Transformation 10, A.E (Lance Strike: Impressive Penetrating 6 Reach 1 Smashing Strength-Based Strike 3 (Piercing, DC 21), Device (Easily Removable). Total: 20

Vocal Projection: Subtle 1 Mental Communication 3 (Long-Range). Total: 13

Random-Ass-Teleportation: Accurate Change Direction Teleport 6 (1,800 ft). Total: 19

Advantages
All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit 4 ("Leader" of the Garanda Empire), Connected, Contacts, Daze (Deception), Equipment 3 (Bulky-Ass Armor (+4, Impervious 3), Sword +3, 5 points on Assorted Items), Leadership, Ranged Attack 4, Taunt, Well-Informed

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4 Total)
Athletics 2 (+5 Total)
Close Combat: Archaic Weapons 2 (+10 Total)
Deception 8 (+12 Total)
Expertise: Garanda Empire 12 (+16 Total)
Insight 6 (+10 Total)
Intimidation 4 (+8 Total)
Investigation 4 (+8 Total)
Perception 4 (+8 Total)
Persuasion 4 (+8 Total)
Ranged Combat: Archaic Weapons 4 (+8 Total)
Stealth 4 (+6 Total)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +8 | Close, Damage 3
Lance Strike +10 | Impressive Penetrating 6 Reach 1 Strength-Based Strike 6
Vaporizing Sparks +8 | Diminished Range 1 Penetrating 8 Blast 12
Transformation Nullification +8 | Nullify Transformation 10

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7, Will 10

Abilities 56, Powers 52, Advantages 19, Skills 28, Defenses 20 = 173 PP

Complications

Personality - "Great Emperor Zero" is an evil, vicious commander, not hesitating to vaporize a failed servant. His ruthless streak doesn't extend to his attitude around the Ruler, to whom he is quite submissive.

Motivation - Besides the whole "world domination" thing, Zero holds the same desire to acquire the Amazon Rider's GiGi Armlet.

Background: "Great Emperor Zero", the face of the Garanda Empire. Supposedly the mind behind Jyumenki Golgos, Zero picked up from where he left off; attempting to acquire the GiGi Armlet, and, in conjunction with the GaGa Armlet, use the power of their Ancient Incan Science to take over the world. Ignoring the Rider for a time, Zero brought down more wide-scale operations, including; attempting to drown Tokyo in a sea of explosive fire, setting off Mt. Fuji, creating brainwashed child soldiers (which were used to bury all of Tokyo's subways), engaged in biowarfare (resulting in the death of Mole Beastman), possessing civilians with man-eating anemones, more biowarfare (an Incan gas weapon), and even creating WMDs. Foiled again and again by Amazon, and with his mysterious boss breathing down his neck, Zero captured Amazon's human friends through the Salamander Beastman, a creature able to assume the forms of others, even copying Amazon's Rider Form. Though victorious in the battle, and having found Garanda's hidden base, Amazon was captured by the "Great Emperor", who revealed that he had the power to nullify Amazon's transformation. He then attempted to combine the two armlets, though, having neglected to remove Amazon's half of the set. The two armlets fused together, granting Amazon a massive power intake, and giving him the power to break free and battle the tyrant. Chasing him through the facility, Amazon disarmed him (literally), before falling into one of his own pit traps. There died the false Great Emperor Zero, never to return.

Notes: "Great Emperor Zero" is a decently capable warrior, having managed to survive an enraged, super-enhanced Kamen Rider Amazon for a decent period of time (though almost entirely on the defensive). The key broken ability amongst his powers is his Transformation Nullification, an ability you know Amazon's GM pulled out his ass just to spite him. Honestly though, he's not worth much, and probably has one of the shortest runs as a big bad across the entire series. And as much shit as he talked about Jyumenki Golgos, he would be absolutely bodied in a battle against him. I kinda hate this guy, I mean, look at that shit-eating grin, damn cheat.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Tue May 03, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
OwOMotaros

Kurojusha

Post by OwOMotaros »

Next up, the second set of mooks in this series...

Kurojusha

PL 5 (52 PP)

Identity: Unknown
Height: Varies
Weight: Varies
Eyes: Unknown
Group Affiliation: Garanda Empire
Base Of Operations: Unknown

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 1
Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Equipment 3 (Guns +5, A.E Blades +2)

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6 Total)
Athletics 4 (+6 Total)
Deception 4 (+4 Total)
Expertise: Criminal 6 (+6 Total)
Insight 2 (+2 Total)
Intimidation 4 (+4 Total)
Perception 2 (+2 Total)
Ranged Combat: Guns 4 (+5 Total)
Stealth 2 (+4 Total)
Vehicles 4 (+5 Total)

Offense
Unarmed +6 | Close, Damage 2
Blades +6 | Strength-Based Strike 4
Guns +5 | Blast 5

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 3, Toughness 2, Will 0

Abilities 26, Powers 0, Advantages 3, Skills 18, Defenses 5 = 52 PP

Complications

Personality - The Kurojusha have no personality. Simple devotion to their leaders, even at the cost of their life.

Notes: The Kurojusha are more back-to-basics mooks for the second half of the series, faceless soldiers used for combat, kidnapping, etc. I just ported over the old Shocker Combatmen stats, even leaving on their weapon bonuses, though the Kurojusha don't really use either.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Tue May 03, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
OwOMotaros

Ruler/True Great Emperor Zero

Post by OwOMotaros »

Now, a blurb about the True leader of the Garanda Empire...

Ruler/True Great Emperor Zero

Background: The True Great Emperor Zero was first revealed just after the first's death by stupidity. Another floating, klan-garbed weirdo, the 'Ruler' as he was referred to in supplementary materials, revealed his role as the leader of both Gedon and the Garanda Empire to the uber-powered Amazon Rider. This doesn't really seem to matter to Amazon, who fights him, running him through with his own blade, removing both of his arms, and then beheading him with the 'Super Dai Setsudan', ending the Garanda Empire.

Notes: The True Great Emperor is the most likely candidate in the series to be another version of the Great Leader; a supposed, secret big bad, garbed in klan-gear, and doing NOTHING after appearing besides being "defeated" by the series main. So, just take this as the Great Leader assuming a full-on, (comparatively) ultra-weak human form.
Jabroniville

Re: OwOMotaros's Tokusatsu Builds (Jyumenki Golgos! Garanda Empire! Great Emperor Zero!)

Post by Jabroniville »

A "True" Emperor Zero? Now that's just weak, lol. Reminds me of King of Fighters using Zero and then announcing he was actually "Clone Zero" and now "Original Zero" is the boss. Like they either regretted something about the original boss or regretted killing him. What WAS this guy's purpose?

And man, how much mass death happens in these Kamen Rider shows? It seems like there's COLOSSAL amounts of not only public damage, but hundreds of people dying.
Davies

Re: OwOMotaros's Tokusatsu Builds (Jyumenki Golgos! Garanda Empire! Great Emperor Zero!)

Post by Davies »

... so thaaaaat's where Code Geass got it from. Interesting.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
OwOMotaros

Post by OwOMotaros »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:29 am And man, how much mass death happens in these Kamen Rider shows? It seems like there's COLOSSAL amounts of not only public damage, but hundreds of people dying.
Shotaro Ishinomori, the series creator, always had a taste for adding more mature and violent themes to his series; the trauma all his cybernetic characters held for now being detached from their humanity, the death of loved ones, brutal murder, etc.
OwOMotaros

Mogura/Mole Beastman

Post by OwOMotaros »

Now, to begin wrapping up our Kamen Rider Amazon section, we have Amazon's Beastman friend and the first true Kaijin Ally in Kamen Rider...

Mogura/Mole Beastman

PL 8 (121 PP)

Identity: Mogura
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 224 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: None
Group Affiliation: Garanda Empire (Formerly)
Base Of Operations: Mobile

Abilities
Strength 7, Stamina 8, Agility 2, Dexterity 0
Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Powers

Mole Physiology: Burrowing 7 (120-fpr/8 mph), Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison), Leaping 1 (15-ft), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation (Underground), Regeneration 1, Senses 6 (Visual 1 (Low-Light Vision 1), (Scent 5 (Acute 1 Extended 2 (-1/1,000) Tracking 2). Total: 20

Natural Weapons - Claws: Double Strength-Based Strike 1 (Slashing, DC 24). Total: 2

Afterimages: Illusion 8 (Visual, DC 18 Insight, Limited (Creating a Duplicate of User), 6 Ranks Limited to Increasing DC). Total: 4

Advantages
Daze (Intimidation), Improved Critical (Natural Weapons) 1, Improved Initiative 1, Set-Up 1, Startle, Teamwork, Well-Informed

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4 Total)
Athletics 3 (+10 Total)
Deception 7 (+8 Total)
Expertise: Gedon 8 (+8 Total)
Insight 4 (+6 Total)
Intimidation 8 (+9 Total)
Perception 4 (+6 Total)
Persuasion 2 (+3 Total)
Stealth 2 (+4 Total)

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +8 | Close, Damage 7
Natural Weapons - Claws +8 | Double Strength-Based Strike 8, Crit 19-20

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8, Will 8

Abilities 56, Powers 26, Advantages 7, Skills 20, Defenses 12 = 121 PP

Complications

Personality - Mogura is a bit of a coward, mostly as a defense mechanism, wanting to avoid death for deserting Gedon. With the right motivation (such as the eventual friendship he gains with Amazon and his human allies), he can be driven to action.

Weakness (Sun Exposure) - Mogura is sensitive to extended sun exposure, suffering debilitating pain (Impaired/Disabled) if he stays above ground for too long.

Background: The Mole Beastman, referred to as Mogura by Amazon and his friends, was one of Gedon's Beastman, dispatched to defeat the Amazon Rider and obtain the GiGi Armlet. After two failed schemes, the cowardly monster was sentenced to death by Jyumenki Golgos, who ordered him to be left to die in the sun. Amazon, taking pity on the creature, freed him. For a time, Mogura simply stayed in the distance, occasionally providing information to Amazon and slowly growing closer to Masahiko, Amazon's child friend. He even battled alongside him a few times, and took to saving civilians while Amazon tore his fellow Beastmen apart. Even following the toppling of Gedon and the Garanda Empire's emergence, Mogura could fight through his fear and help his newfound friends. He kept this up until the arrival of the Mushroom Beastman, who he attempted to manipulate into providing him with the appropriate material to create a cure for the Beastman's mold. Not falling for the mole's scheme, the Mushroom Beastman fatally wounded him with a dose of the vicious mold, with Mogura just managing to make it back to his allies and provide them with the necessary sample before dying in his friends' arms.

Notes: Mogura is a bit on the weaker side of Kamen Rider series monsters, which makes sense; he never was much of a fighter, more of a thinker, looking to find his way out of whatever situation he found himself in. He isn't too lacking, though, with the same classic strength and durability of your average monster, with a few on-theme powers and a random Afterimage technique. I love this big guy, his performance was very charismatic (his VA, Ryūji Saikachi, had a history in the series, voicing the very first Shocker Kaijin, Man-Spider), and he truly felt redeemed by the time of his death. He was so impactful in the series that he was revived in the Kamen Rider Spirits manga, empowered to near-Kaiju levels by the villain general Needle, before his friendship with Masahiko and Amazon broke through and brought his mind back.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Aw, poor Mogura! I like that little story- a weaksauce minion who actually befriends the heroes as a cute Helper Buddy, but is still horribly killed by the nasty villains. And he sacrifices his life and everything!

Something about him looks really familiar to me and I can't place it. Maybe a Battle Beast or kaiju looked like him or something? I feel like I've seen a similar design to him elsewhere.