[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Wheeljack Prime wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:52 am Perception: 1d20+10 21
Stealth: 1d20+15 17
Neko for all of her masterful grace, finds herself nearly slipping from a branch as she misjudges her step. While she's able to catch herself before she actually falls the tree creaks and rustle from her error. It blends in well with the forest environment yet the ninja might find herself cringing at the trivial mistake. Still she puts her focus outward, scanning the area with sharp eyes and sharper ears. There are animal tracks fresh in the mud belonging to several though the exact number is indistinct. Interspersed between them are hoof prints, notably bipedal and large. All of them seem to veer off in a direction opposite of the cabin itself.
jmucchiello wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:07 pm Perception: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26
Starting from an aerial view, it's not hard to locate the cabin, a yellow glow in the gloom sticking out like a sore thumb. From this high up it's obvious the cabin's currently occupied, and there's a truck that doesn't match earlier photos parked out front. When she points her spectral eye downward, a shape she might've initially dismissed as a shadow becomes more obvious. Collapsed in a heap not far from the cabin's porch is a human woman dressed in denims, her body covered in forest muck while her skin is littered with abrasions. They're entirely still, hands pressed against their stomach where blood seems to be pooling from a large chest wound. Three jagged lines have torn through the thin material of her shirt.
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:50 pm inestigate: 1d20+10 26 good grasp on identification
Perception: 1d20+12 13 ha! hero pointing that
Perception reroll: 1d20+12 14 uhg, but 24
Without the benefit of Kira's seering, Philip can tell that the blood in the air belongs to someone else entirely. It's earthy, befitting of someone who spends much of their time in the outdoors, and he knows instinctively that they're a young woman. A strange appeal to the scent nearly has the fledgling vampire dashing to fulfill his horrific thirst, but techniques taught to him by that New Orleans master help but it at bay.

Tapping into the whisper network of his rodentine compatriots he's able to mentally plot out a more or less direct course to where he can smell her. He can already tell they'd make good time if they were to move now, with any unseen obstacles cleanly avoided. A few seconds of listening to their instinctive thoughts, he no longer get's the impression to run, but to hide.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: fine | HP:2
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Potence (Wall Crawling 2, Leaping 2, Speed 4)
Auspix Array: Enhanced senses
Vampire Array: Rat Master

"A young woman is hurt. Not the one we seek, but fresh and a LOT of blood. This way." Phillip heads with a supernatural speed to the source of the blood, his alacrity born of his compassionate nature aligning with his vampire drives for once.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

Nearly falling into a spike trap was not high on the number of things Felix wanted to do today. It was, however, higher on the list than "falling in a pit trap".
Much higher.

Felix quickly took to tapping down on the ground with his staff as he walked, though in the back of his head he was really hoping that the guy hadn't had access to landmines.

When Phillip gave notice of what he found Felix was quick to follow, though slow at keeping up. With all the exercise he'd already gotten plus his heavy equipment he wasn't nearly at the peak of his abilities.

"Should I bring the Battle Jitney up?" He asks, huffing and puffing as he struggled to maintain a speed above a light jog.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:46 pm "A young woman is hurt. Not the one we seek, but fresh and a LOT of blood. This way." Phillip heads with a supernatural speed to the source of the blood, his alacrity born of his compassionate nature aligning with his vampire drives for once.
"Whoever she is, she's bleeding from the chest on the porch of that cabin. There are claw marks on her body and she's covered in forest debris." Kira says. "I can get there by myself instantly and see if she's dead. But I do believe there's someone in the cabin."

(ooc: how far away is the porch of the cabin? Kira's sense range is 60 miles but her teleport is only 2 miles.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Kira could likely get there after a couple teleportations.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

She was just too far away, Kira thought. "Go as fast as you can, I'll catch up. I will do more reconn." She concentrates again on the cabin and looks inside to find out who is there.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Before we get too far ahead there; What is the rest of the group doing?
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

Chey was on the move when she heard about an injured woman but when kira mentioned the woman had claw marks she suddenly hesitated.

"Did I screw-up Felix?" she asked quietly "Crap I may have misread this entire situation."

She headed for the porch where the body was to see if she was right

Still following the trail of the young woman
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Big damn heroes now!" Felix manages to huff out as he "runs", "Self recriminations and ice cream later!"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Into the Magic Woods" project - Adamiec & Birek

Sensing the danger of the situation, everyone quickly gathers themselves and get's straight into gear. Neko comes back from her scouting just as the everyone get's moving and finds herself unable to reveal her results right in the moment. Kira stays in place a bit longer to try and get an eye inside the cabin, keeping the projection up only long enough to confirm the structure as empty.

Philip as he moves finds himself relying on his baser instincts to guide his steps, the vampiric paramedic tearing through the woodland with an grace unbefitting of his animistic hunger. Logs are by past with quick leaps, trees act as spring boards, and the sheer power of his pumping legs ensures he's the second on the scene only to Kira's method of teleportation. Cheyenne unsurprisingly follows not long after him relying more on raw speed to guide her rather than the free-running employed by Neko in fourth place. Felix, though slower on foot than everyone else, can feel self-assured that if he didn't have to worry about attracting too much attention he'd likely outpace them using his hoverboard.

Probably.

As the woman comes into view for those first on the scene and the ones who follow after, they find sight of a young blonde woman wearing denim jeans, black work-boots, a denim jacket, and what seemed to have been a plaid button-up shirt. While all of her clothes are muddied and torn in spots, her shirt seems to have been utterly ruined. Large gaping wounds had been slashed across her stomach from top to bottom, and still they bleed. Rain has carved rivets in the muck of her face leaving it stripped with a deathly pallor. Now that people are close enough to see it's evident that while shallow, the woman still breathes. It's hard to tell at a glance how long she's been laying like this, there are tracks that lead up to her from the far treeline.

Though the desire is powerful, Philip feels that so long as he maintained his composure and took care he could approach the gravely inured woman without loosing control.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:18 pm From this high up it's obvious the cabin's currently occupied, and there's a truck that doesn't match earlier photos parked out front.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:32 am Kira stays in place a bit longer to try and get an eye inside the cabin, keeping the projection up only long enough to confirm the structure as empty.
(OOC: I'm confused. Was the truck the only reason she thought the cabin was occupied? Does it look like it was occupied recently and whoever it was left?)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Poor wording on my end. Less "occupied", more "in-use". A reasonable assumption could be that the cabin belonged to the woman.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: fine | HP:2
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Potence (Wall Crawling 2, Leaping 2, Speed 4)
Auspix Array: Enhanced senses
Vampire Array: Vicissitude

Phillip's EMT instincts override even his vampiric instincts as he gets to the injured woman's side to examine her wounds. He works to save her life.
Treatment: 1d20+10 30 Woah, critical success.
Hopefully that will save her life...
Combined with:
Healing - vicissitude: 1d20+8 15 close up the worst of her wounds
Phillip can draw on his Gifts to literally pinch closed arteries to stop the worst of the bleeding.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mind in sharp focus, the EMVT get's to work employing methods both standard and otherwise to get the woman's bleeding under control. While he had little in way of clean bandages on hand there was fleshwarping to pick up the slack. There's not much he can do in way of preventing any form of infection, and the blood she's already lost will have to recover on it's own. At the end of his treatment however, the woman's breathing seems just a little more steady and she no longer bleeds freely.

GM: Perfect use of your primary complication here, take an HP for it.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix comes rushing in, dead last, wheezing and panting.

He comes to a stop near Phillip, bending in half at the waist. On hand was holding himself up by hanging off his staff, the other arm was braced against his knee as he tried to catch his breath.

"*Pant* *Wheeze* Okay? *Pant* Jitney?" He barely manages to get out between rapid gasps for air, "Recent. *Pant* Near?"