[MM3]Sunstormers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenmadragon

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers IC

Post by kenmadragon »

"I took a single seminar on basic first aid. It did not cover gunshots..." Sunny said, grimacing at the sight of the blood. "And even if it did, I'm not carrying supplies... I'll see what I can do."

Hurrying over to kneel by the fallen form, Sunny quickly began to assess the situation. Super-senses weren't always helpful, but the blood slowly beginning to pool out onto the frozen ground was still warm, and he already knew the injury was recent since he had heard the gunshot itself seconds ago, and his hearing would be able to check their heartbeat once he could take a quarter-second to count them... Hmn. First he had to make sure the victim was still alive, check to see if they were conscious (if they'd passed out from shock, things would be trickier), then move to apply pressure and staunch the bleeding, work to ensure that they didn't bleed out, determine whether they could be moved without causing further injury, check if any of these girls had a pair of tweezers on hand that could be used to fish out the bullet if absolutely necessary...

Medical diagrams stored in Sunny's memory were useful for passing biology tests, but not so great when dealing with a GSW victim that's going to bleed out on a Chicago night. Thankfully, this was in the middle of the city proper in Downtown, so this 'backyard' wasn't much affected by wind. Problem was that while Sunny could maybe keep them alive for a little while, they would still need a hospital for actual treatment. He'd do what he could in the mean-time.

"Any of you have tweezers, or hair pins you don't mind losing? Or a scarf?" Sunny asked while seeing what could be done and trying to help however he could with his modest medical knowledge and the determination of a man who refused to see someone die in front of their eyes.

OOC: Sunny has Eidetic Memory, so he can actually make Treatment checks: Treatment: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20. I think there's a -5 penalty for not having proper tools? Either way, should hopefully pass the DC 15 needed to stabilize someone who's dying. Sunny also has his super-senses active, but his focus is primarily on the victim, and not on locating the shooter.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"I do not have tweezers or hair pins, but I can extend my fingers to as long as they need to be, and stick the bullet to my fingertip, if you can guide me," replies Khemis, stepping up to crouch beside Sunny and the shooting victim and reaching out, the fingers of her right hand stretching to become slender and perhaps two feet long.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Vickie Pulaski (Charger)

Vickie wasn't really a city girl at heart- she had grown up (mostly) in suburbia-verging-on-country, after all. She could probably help if you sprained an ankle while hiking, but gunshot wounds were well beyond her abilities. And her roommate Rashida, who WAS a City Girl, had explained that gunshots mostly meant "mind your own business"- and Chicago, sadly enough, had lots of gunshots...

So Vickie kept her distance for now, hovering fifty feet above the scene and all but invisible above the glow of any streetlights that might be on. She spun in a slow circle, taking stock of the area. Had she been here before? What kind of neighborhood was it, beyond "generic downtown"? And was there anything that she could see that seemed out of place? Were there any streetlights on, any other lights?

>OOC: Overwatch, to the best of her ability. Just in case, a few rolls, while I have a chance.
-Expertise (Streetwise) 1d20+5= 20
-Investigate 1d20+5= 8
-Perception 1d20+5= 12
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/942800
(Some sad rolls, but we're not at a point where they are worth rerolling
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Sunny barely spared Khemis's hand - fingers elongated as they were - more than a minute glance, dipping into super-speed to guage his perceptions and take charge of all the details with as much care as he could manage. "Unless you can make your fingers as thin as tweezers, those will only aggravate the wound further. Might not be a good idea to take the bullet out anyways - if it's close to a major vessel, removing it could kill the patient instead.

Honestly, why was it none of these women brought their purses with them? Sunny could recall his mother mentioning that no woman should ever be without make-up supplies in their handbag, and tweezers counted as such - ergo, if any of them had their purse with them, they'd probably have tweezers. But none of them had handbags with them. Why? Oh, right. This was originally a meeting of strangers arranged by an unknown telepath. Of course none of them brought handbags nor purses.

Ugh, mental tangents. A peril of speeding up his mind to deal with problems, he'd found. Best to focus on the GSW victim...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"I'm not sure," replies Khemis. "I'll just call 911!"

She stands up and steps back, pulling out her phone and indeed calling 911. "Can you see where we are?" she calls up to the hovering Charger.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

As Sunny examines the body, he sees that the exit wound is on the front, not the back. The poor guy was gunned down from behind. The bleeding is terrible but Sunny manages to staunch it - although that will, of course, not help with organ damage. The fact that there is an exit wound means that the bullet is no longer lodged anywhere in the body, which is a plus.
Then, Sunny gets a good look at the man's face.

It's the sweaty Sunstormer from the scene.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(OOC: Body? Dead? Did Deborah get anything from mind reading him?)
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Meanwhile, across town:

As she floated aimlessly several feet above her bed, Helen had the most pleasant dream: being crowned as the next Miss Universe after winning the nude banana pudding wrestling competition.

Of course as she bowed to receive her crown, she managed to float up to the ceiling and upon bumping her head, woke up with a start...and crashed on the bed.

To say that all of this was overwhelming. Well that's putting it rather mildly. She tossed aside the covers and searched her apartment in case the pervert, Khemis was stalking her and followed her home. Finding nothing, Helen went to the kitchen to drink the bottle of Irish whiskey from the fridge. As she drank half of the bottle's contents, it somehow sort of flew from her hand and just hovered into place in front of her, the other half of the whiskey not spilling.

Weird. So now I'm a freak. Suicide sounds about good right now. Nah...i'll probably just miss and shoot my big toe off.

She grabbed the bottle and finished all of the liquor before going to bed.

Tomorrow she will go straight to the Feds and reveal everything. She knew that the government was not blind to the existence of Sunstormers and were right at this very moment trying to find and recruit some. The other countries of the world will definitely do it so why not the good old USA?

Might as well become the first and go public.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Tony Jones wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:02 am "I'm not sure," replies Khemis. "I'll just call 911!"

She stands up and steps back, pulling out her phone and indeed calling 911. "Can you see where we are?" she calls up to the hovering Charger.
Vickie Pulaski (Charger)

With no signs of an obvious threat, Vickie darted off towards the nearest intersection and dipped down to ground level long enough to read the signage- within a few seconds she was back into overwatch. She called down the address to Khemis, and almost regretted not bringing her own phone- depending on how badly this guy was hurt (since SHE doesn't know he might be dead), it might be quicker to fly him to a hospital...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Khemis gives Charger an oversized thumbs up of thanks while waiting for her 911 call to be answered.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Deborah gets nothing. That does not mean he's dead, however. He might just as well be unconscious.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(Mind reading doesn't just give surface thoughts. If he failed the Will Save, she should be able to read his memories. Just noticed Mind Reading is an opposed check. I should have made a roll. Mind reading probe: 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22)
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

"Damn," Sunny muttered to himself, thinking as he worked quickly to stem the blood-loss. Problem was that there were two areas he had to apply pressure and cloth to stop the flow of the man's vital fluids. That was readily solved by the fact that sweaty-guy's (Sunny really needed to learn this man's name at some point) own layers of clothing could be repurposed to serve as improvised bandages. A borrowed scarf also served Sunny well as he leveraged his prodigious strength to ensure the knot was firm while keeping steady pressure.

Of course, now Sunny's hands were covered in blood... sticky and cooling in the night's air, and a heady smell wafting into his nostrils of rust and iron... Sunny wondered if he would have nightmares about this. It was now impossible for him to ever forget the feeling of what it felt like to have a man's lifeblood spill out onto one's hands, staining them with the feeling forever.

"Thank heavens, he's alive. Barely. We got here in time to keep him from bleeding out, but he's not out of the woods. Bullet isn't stuck in him, but it went right through his lower abdomen. I've done what I can to stem the blood loss, but he'll need a surgeon if he's to survive the internal damage - intestines, I'm guessing, which means potential blood-poisoning if we don't get him proper help in time. This makeshift bandage should help until we get him to a hospital, but it's only slowing the blood-loss, not stopping it entirely." Sunny informed the others while he continued to take stock of what needed to be done to ensure the man survived. His eyes glanced away for a moment, scanning the ground. "Bullet is likely somewhere low to the ground. If you find it, don't touch it, that's evidence for the police."

He looked at the three women hovering over him (literally in Charger's case) as he worked. "What's the ETA on that ambulance, Khemis? We need them here pronto..." Sunny asked a little hurriedly, before glancing at Deborah and Charger. Charger seemed to be flying around, but Deborah was just... standing there? "Charger, can you fly a quick circuit around the block? Shooter might still be around, see if you can find 'em first. Deborah, can you think of anything more useful to do than just standing there?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I'm trying to read his mind to see if he saw who shot him," Deborah says. "That isn't nothing, I think."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Actually and unbeknownst to Sunny, Deborah is doing her own investigation. Scanning the thoughts of an unconscious person, going deep into their minds, was a strange process. Their mental processes were haphazard, with more than one dead end waiting for her as parts of the brain protected themselves by going into hibernation. However, she does learn a few things:

His name is Albert Jun and he lives in town. He's 24 and has recently gotten a degree in engineering. When he woke up after his coma, he realized he could control electricity. Being somewhat of a comics geek, he realized that this could either be a blessing or lead to an X-Men-situation and so decided to keep his powers a secret.
When Harold snapped, he thought his worst fears were coming true and at any time people could turn on him, even though they couldn't know...

He did not see his attacker. All he remembers is a loud BANG, a terrible pain and then he went into shock and fainted.