The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"We're not edible!" Amy snarls right back at the wolves. "And I've met scarier things in sewers!" she tells the wolves defiantly. She didn't need mind reading or comprehend to understand what that roar meant. Which was probably somewhere along the lines, of "we're going to eat you alive and suck the marrow out of your bones after!".

She sighed inwardly. If they survived this, she'd give her therapist heartburn and or a migraine with this latest adventure.

ooc
Not to mention, i forgot to roll for the pokemon's inits, that's taken care of now... I suppose that'll start round after next.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

((Yeah, you can have them now.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OOC: Lilly is holding until she sees what Viv does, then she'll take her held action before her actual action this round rolls around.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl let's loose with a burst of force energy that she aims directly in the middle of the wolves.

ooc
Telekinetic Push: Shapeable Area Damage 6 (DC 21), Affects insubstantial 2

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth fires at the biggest target with her holy ammo. She is so rattled that she immediately switches to insubstantial. "Damn," she says as she steps forward (30-40 feet) in front of the others. She makes it seem like she's trying to find cover near a tree hoping to draw an attack against her insubstantial (subtle 2) form.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye
Hero Points: 2; Current Condition: Fine

[OOC: OK, Lilly was waiting for Viv, but we're all committed now, so away she goes!]

From her position up in a tree behind and above the werewolves, and hopefully not spotted by them, Lilly throws a bottle of holy water at the lead werewolf, then observes to see what effect (if any) the holy water has on them.

OOC: Lilly throwing bottle of holy water at lead werewolf: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18; if that hits it's DC 21 Toughness vs just the impact of the bottle, plus anything the holy water may do.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Unfortunately, the holy water does precious little but make them a little wet. At least they are refreshed now.
Similarly, the telekinetic shove is pretty ineffectual. Apparently, the use of pure physical force fails against their traditional resilience.

//Adeleth, I need an attack roll.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

ooc
We did remember to bring the silver knives right?

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:08 am //Adeleth, I need an attack roll.
(See how rattled she is. I rolled it yesterday. Never copy/pasted it here. Probably because I knew she missed.)

Attack vs Dodge (DC 20 Tough to resist): 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv knew that there was very little chance that they would have success in a direct physical fight- but talking certainly hadn't worked. As an empath, she could feel the anger, the hunger, simply rolling off of these creatures, blighting the area (in purely psychic terms)...

Stronger measures were obviously called for.

With a sigh, Viv closed her eyes and focused her will. To an outside observer, she almost seemed to shrink, as the outsized aura of personality, of vitality, faded away- in a moment, she was just an average woman.

And then she opened her eyes and locked eyes with the nearest werewolf- talking might not work, but she could still get her point across. In this case, a wave of nearly crippling sadness pushed against the rage...

>OOC: Switching her array to Focused Anguish: Perception range damage 6, alternate Resistance (Will), Subtle 2, VAriable descriptor (emotions). The werewolf gets to face DC 21 damage, resisted by WILL. If it succeeds completely (rolls WILL 21+), the attack affects VIV instead.

-just in case: WILL 1d20+8= 28, roll https://orokos.com/roll/942866
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl cursed as the telekinetic blast did bumpkis. "Damnit, damnit, damnit.... Okay, think, think. How do you stop murder machines from murdering us?"

OOC
In Adeleth's defense, those things are super-scary and to be frank, Amy is scared spitless of these things as well. She's just real good at compartmentalizing it....

Relatively speaking. She is 15ish after all.
Last edited by kirinke on Thu May 19, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The werewolf Viv targeted suddenly stops, howling in torment, bloody tears leaking from its beady eyes..

((Damn. Rolled a nat 1 for his will save, putting him at -1 toughness, dazed and staggered...
Okay, regular round. Ren's turn, then Peekaboo
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Ren
Amy calms down. "Ren, Ice beam on that wolf!" She shouts, pointing to the nearest rage machine.

"Man, these things are worse than Houndours!" Ren complains as he complies. "What did you do to piss these things off?"

"They're hungry and I exist!" Amy retorts. "Peekaboo, Iron tail on the same rage machine!"

"Sounds about right," Ren agrees.

"I hate it when you pick on things bigger than us!" Peekaboo complains as he darted towards the werewolf and slices at the creature with a glowing, suddenly very sharp tail.

ooc
Ice Beam: Affliction 6 (cold, 1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 6). I don't think afflictions get a roll if I'm not mistaken..

Iron Tail: Damage 6 (DC 21; Penetrating 6) http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=261088 damage attack 19

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The ice beam strikes one of the werewolves, making it growl as ice crawls over its fur...but it seems barely affected...
Fatigued, for now
The swipe of the iron tail connects, mostly because the werewolf does not care about defense...but as it turns out, it does not have to. Iron is not silver and the attack glances off its skin as if it was made of solid steel...
Viv's turn
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv focused her will on the werewolf she had targeted before, sending out another surge of emotional trauma

>OOC: Hit that same target with another shot, Perception-range damage, WILL DC 21 to resist, subtle 2 (so it isn't obviously coming from Viv), if fully resisted, Viv has her own WILL DC 21 to resist (unless she can just use the previous roll she made but didn't need) 1d20+8= 28 (weird, another crit that I might not even need, when I can't roll worth a darn when it IS needed), roll https://orokos.com/roll/943159

-Either way, once that is complete, switch her array back to its normal setting.