[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona and John were going to apply them before entering the city (or even the outskirts of it) for fear of being detected, but then it was stated that there would not be time. That's why I put the most recent posts on hold (and considered deleting them). John and Iona (but especially Iona) is concerned about being spotted during the ride to the motel. Would they be able to apply their disguise during the car ride into the city? To be honest, I'm not sure how much room (or moving about) it would take to apply the disguise properly. Iona would certainly help John with his.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Rather than assume, and jump ahead, this is the sort of thing you should talk about while planning.

John and Iona would be applying makeup, changing cloths, stuffing in layers of padding or applying measures to tighten up their frame. It would be awkward for everyone in the car, except the nigh emotionless Diego. Though he might get bumped on occasion. But it is doable without penalties. The backseat of the Impala is fairly roomy. People seeing this would take note, however.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:04 pm Rather than assume, and jump ahead, this is the sort of thing you should talk about while planning.

John and Iona would be applying makeup, changing cloths, stuffing in layers of padding or applying measures to tighten up their frame. It would be awkward for everyone in the car, except the nigh emotionless Diego. Though he might get bumped on occasion. But it is doable without penalties. The backseat of the Impala is fairly roomy. People seeing this would take note, however.
Based on how long it took Iona and John to "get into disguise" at the beginning of the mission, how long would it delay the team if done before departing for the motel?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get it on an ic post tonight hopefully, but Diegos going to push for heading to the motel sooner rather than later given the search for the plane and both close calls. Sorry wise, he'd have Iona and John cover saying they passed out after some crazy partying or something if asked. Also, he will mention that the disguised faces if done the same are known. Any new disguise will need to change it enough to be different.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Remember, if the expectation is for Aiden to drive the Impala into town, we will be sitting on the side of the road after being dropped off for a little bit while he flies Shrike somewhere way out of the way.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:Based on how long it took Iona and John to "get into disguise" at the beginning of the mission, how long would it delay the team if done before departing for the motel?
It will be a half hour of work on each of them. If Iona is doing both her disguise and John's, that will be an hour altogether.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I messed up my back working out for first time in a while, my ic post will be delayed until tomorrow so I can pop off to bed early.

As for driving, Diego would drive, John an Iona lay in the back pretending to be passed out tired, and Aidan is in front with some distortion to his appearance like sun glasses, a hat, or whatever the group has handy.
Supernaturalist

mrdent12 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:23 am I messed up my back working out for first time in a while, my ic post will be delayed until tomorrow so I can pop off to bed early.

As for driving, Diego would drive, John an Iona lay in the back pretending to be passed out tired, and Aidan is in front with some distortion to his appearance like sun glasses, a hat, or whatever the group has handy.
That would work. And then John and Iona would need to be covered almost completely when they go from the car into the motel room.
Supernaturalist

Btw, I hope your back gets better. Back injuries can be some of the very worst.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I think I got the plan all out there IC. Still not 100% from the back stuff, so might have missed some details. For the drive, Diego would try to avoid places of likely check points if possible without being too obviously avoiding checkpoints if spotted. I'll add whatever rolls are needed to the last IC post.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

How far can we get on the gas currently in the impala? Do we know where any petrol stations are around the hotel.

Aiden is looking for something he can land close enough to he can easily reach. He would like to get fueled up before they get close to any checkpoints.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You'll be able to get 20ish miles on the gas you have. You know for certain where one is: the one near your initial landing site when you first arrived in the Las Vegas area. That's well within the 110 miles Diego asked for.

I'm not going to make it tough for you to find a place to refuel. Diego won't get exactly what he asked for, but you'll find something without issue closer or further from the Vegas.
Supernaturalist

I'll probably delete the last posts for Iona and John and repost something new in the morning. As I mentioned in the AEGIS OOC thread, I've been very busy all weekend and I'll be able to post for both games tomorrow.
Supernaturalist

Ok, it would not let me delete the posts, so I simply edited John and Iona's last posts to reflect the fact that they have 20 minutes until touchdown and the car ride. I also included some disguise rolls for Iona (as well as soliciting Diego for an Aid roll as well).
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Yeah, phpBB only lets you delete a post if it is the last post in the thread.