New Marvel RPG

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
scc

New Marvel RPG

Post by scc »

scc

Re: New Marvel RPG

Post by scc »

Sounds interesting. I am always up for new superhero RPGs. I do enjoy licensed ones just for the stat books.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

I am excited for this, it has been too long since their last attempt. Hopeful it will be good, very curious about their take on a new system.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Niiiice <3
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Anyone purchase the playtest yet. It came earlier than announced from Barnes and Noble. If so what are your thoughts?
Orbiter

Post by Orbiter »

I picked it up. The d616 mechanic is a nice take on the Dragon Age mechanic that inspired it, and the "Might, Agility, Resilience, Vigilance, Ego, Logic" is a cute acronym for the 6 stats that so many games base characters on. Beyond that I wasn't impressed, but it could just be that they only explained further than that in terms of the few character that they included in the playtest. It looks like it's limiting in terms of the variety of character abilities, but fairly complex in terms of how they get created. I'm mainly looking at the power sets in that regard. Much less preferable than M&M's concept wherein we build our power sets out of a wide variety of effects with no limits beyond what makes sense to the people at the table.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Picked up my copy as well, got it in two days. It's definitely not what I would have expected.
scc

Post by scc »

I picked mine up as well. Has some interesting ideas and mechanics but some strange stuff as well. I prefer M&M at this point but I will still be interested since I like super hero rpgs.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

It has serious reworking to be done. I hope they listen to the community and fix the Rank issues and math scale that is crazy.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

It looks like it has potential. but it needs more powers. But I like the set up.
act

Post by act »

Yeah,the new marvel RPG is the best one yet.