Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (Shooting Star! Red Wolf! Firebird!)

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:46 pm Hello, my name is Goldar. I am attracted to HOT evil bug chicks, especially Dragonfly! :D
Does Silvar know?

And seruously, don't let Gan find out.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Agent Jackson

Post by Jabroniville »

AGENT JACKSON (Agent Brendan Montgomery Jackson)
Created By:
Frank Tieri & Sean Chen
First Appearance: Wolverine #163 (2001)
Role: Shadowy Government Figure
Group Affiliations: S.H.I.E.L.D., Weapon X
PL 7 (104)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+4)
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 6 (+9)
Expertise (The Spy Game) 7 (+9)
Expertise (Soldier) 5 (+7)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Investigation 6 (+8)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+6)
Treatment 1 (+5)
Vehicles 3 (+10)

Advantages: 
Benefit 1 (Weapon X Agent), Equipment 6 (Gear), Improved Critical (Gun), Languages (A Few), Ranged Attack 3, Teamwork, Tracking

Equipment:
"Automatic Rifle" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (Inaccurate -1) (17) -- (20)
  • AE: "Standard Rifle Shot" Blast 6 (12)
  • AE: "Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
  • AE: "Grenade" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (20)
"Government Uniform" Protection 1, Protection 2 (Flaws: Limited to Ballistics) (2)
"Assorted Gear" (4)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Pistol +8 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Rifle +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Machine Gun +6 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3 (+4 Kevlar), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Power)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 11 (104)

-Agent Jackson was under Nick Fury's command at first, but soon revealed that he was a mole for the Weapon X program. He found himself unable to attack his nasty boss, Malcolm Colcord, due to a chip implanted in his brain, but he eventually led a coup and ended up in charge of the program.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Firebird! The Right-Riders! Ani-Men! Acrobat!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Brothersale also helpfully noted this, the last time I posted The Angel:
Actually his last big storyline was the Marvel Project series, where he acted as the POV character for the series. He was also not the only Angel, his brother Simon Halloway also took up the role of Angel on a few occasions.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Firebird! The Right-Riders! Ani-Men! Acrobat!)

Post by Jabroniville »

So for my own amusement, I'm going to post all the "Agent ______" guys in one go :).
Jabroniville

Agent X

Post by Jabroniville »

AGENT X (Nijo Minamiyori, aka Alex Hayden)
Created By:
Gail Simone & Alvin Lee
First Appearance: Deadpool #65 (May 2002- as Nijo), Agent X #1 (Sept. 2002- as Agent X)
Role: Almost-Deadpool
Group Affiliations: None
PL 10 (190)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 7
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 8
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+14)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Mercenary) 9 (+11)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Investigation 5 (+8)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 5 (+11)
Technology 2 (+4)
Vehicles 1 (+9)

Advantages: 
Agile Feint, Chokehold, Diehard, Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Guns), Improved Critical (Shuriken), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown, Tracking

Powers:
"Ultimate Healing Factor"
Regeneration 12 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [13]
Immunity 2 (Poison, Aging, Disease) (Flaws: First Two Limited to Half-Effect) [2]
Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) [20]

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Guns +12 (+4-6 Ranged Damage, DC 19-21)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Relationship (Sandi)- Agent X slept with his co-worker, complicating both of their lives.

Total: Abilities: 94 / Skills: 56--28 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 35 / Defenses: 14 (190)

-Agent X came about during an odd period of Marvel history where they were trying all sorts of things in the Spy/Martial Arts/Assassin genre, bringing us a lot of Deadpool-like guys and The Taskmaster getting his own book, and Marvel getting the UDON arts agency to draw the stuff. Agent X debuted as a mysterious sort of mercenary, spinning off of Deadpool, which was near cancellation by that point. With an "X" in the title and a mystery as to the main hero's identy, Agent X was meant to draw some attention as a relaunch- was this guy Deadpool under a new name? A new hero? The Taskmaster?

-Agent X was well-liked, but sold poorly- Marvel appeared to not support it very much. Something shared by sister titles Soldier X (Cable's book, also relaunched with an "X" to boost sales) and X-Statix. Gail Simone left as head writer after seven issues, and the twelfth was the last one, in a series filled with fill-ins. After this minor disaster, Marvel relaunched Wade Wilson with Cable & Deadpool, a MUCH more successful, irreverent comedy book. This success allowed Gail & UDON to return and finish up Agent X with three more issues, finally revealing the character's identity.

-His full bio is as such: He was born Nijo Nimamiyori, a rival assassin who hated Deadpool for killing his brother. When he was thought-killed, he showed up as "Alex Hayden", a guy who wanted to be the best mercenary alive. This was because he accidentally got Deadpool's Healing Factor when another character- a psionic named Black Swan- connected their minds while trying to steal their powers. The protagonists eventually killed Black Swan and had him taxidermied, using his corpse as a prop on a later vacation. As his series ended, he became incredibly obese thanks to being injected with some "American genes", and hasn't been seen in years.

-Agent X is very, very similar to Deadpool, to the point where they're nearly dead-ringers. Makes sense, considering they have the same job and Agent X was given the same powers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Re: Jab's Builds! (Shooting Star! Red Wolf! Firebird!)

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:35 am
Goldar wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:46 pm Hello, my name is Goldar. I am attracted to HOT evil bug chicks, especially Dragonfly! :D
Does Silvar know?

And seruously, don't let Gan find out.
Ahahaha.
Jabroniville

Agent Axis

Post by Jabroniville »

AGENT AXIS (Hiroyuki Kanegawa, Aldo Malvagio & Berthold Volker)
Created By:
Roy Thomas & Frank Robbins
First Appearance: The Invaders Annual #1 (1977)
Role: Jobber Villain, Composite Character
PL 8 (104)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+7)
Expertise (Japanese/Italian/German Agent) 4 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Investigation 5 (+8)
Perception 3 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 1 (+5)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages: 
Connected, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Power)- Agent Axis seeks power and protection- he is later seen working for the U.S. Government after World War II.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 10 (104)

-A recurring thread in Roy Thomas's Invaders series, Agent Axis was three men- each a member of a separate Axis power during World War II. A freak lightning storm had merged the bodies of a Japanese, an Italian, and a German, into one body. The composite being had the strength of three men, and the skills of each of them as well. Unfortunately, his mind was in a fractured state. Agent Axis killed various people close to the Thin Man (one of the Invaders), who then spent decades hunting the villain, going into "modern" comic book time. Thin Man coaxed Captain America into aiding him, but snaps the villain's neck using his pliable body. Cap is horrified to be an accomplice to this act of murder, and turns Thin Man over to the authorities.

-About as powerful as a weak version of Triathlon, I'm fairly certain this guy is more of a planner than a fighter (really, even Captain America could be reasonably expected to beat up a guy who's only as strong as three normal guys, much less Namor of the Human Torch), so PL 8 will do.
RUSCHE

Re: Jab's Builds! (Firebird! Ani-Men! Acrobat! Agent X! Agent Axis!)

Post by RUSCHE »

Man you dig deep for the jobbers..... 👍
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RUSCHE wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:48 pm Man you dig deep for the jobbers..... 👍
Haha- yup :). The List gets ever-closer to completion.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:55 pm
RUSCHE wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:48 pm Man you dig deep for the jobbers..... 👍
Haha- yup :). The List gets ever-closer to completion.
Just let me know when I need to go fishing again.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
HalloweenJack

Re: Agent X

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:39 am Image

AGENT X (Nijo Minamiyori, aka Alex Hayden)
Created By:
Gail Simone & Alvin Lee
First Appearance: Deadpool #65 (May 2002- as Nijo), Agent X #1 (Sept. 2002- as Agent X)
Role: Almost-Deadpool
Group Affiliations: None
PL 10 (190)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 7
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 8
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+14)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Mercenary) 9 (+11)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Investigation 5 (+8)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 5 (+11)
Technology 2 (+4)
Vehicles 1 (+9)

Advantages: 
Agile Feint, Chokehold, Diehard, Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Guns), Improved Critical (Shuriken), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown, Tracking

Powers:
"Ultimate Healing Factor"
Regeneration 12 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [13]
Immunity 2 (Poison, Aging, Disease) (Flaws: First Two Limited to Half-Effect) [2]
Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) [20]

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Guns +12 (+4-6 Ranged Damage, DC 19-21)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Relationship (Sandi)- Agent X slept with his co-worker, complicating both of their lives.

Total: Abilities: 94 / Skills: 56--28 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 35 / Defenses: 14 (190)

-Agent X came about during an odd period of Marvel history where they were trying all sorts of things in the Spy/Martial Arts/Assassin genre, bringing us a lot of Deadpool-like guys and The Taskmaster getting his own book, and Marvel getting the UDON arts agency to draw the stuff. Agent X debuted as a mysterious sort of mercenary, spinning off of Deadpool, which was near cancellation by that point. With an "X" in the title and a mystery as to the main hero's identy, Agent X was meant to draw some attention as a relaunch- was this guy Deadpool under a new name? A new hero? The Taskmaster?

-Agent X was well-liked, but sold poorly- Marvel appeared to not support it very much. Something shared by sister titles Soldier X (Cable's book, also relaunched with an "X" to boost sales) and X-Statix. Gail Simone left as head writer after seven issues, and the twelfth was the last one, in a series filled with fill-ins. After this minor disaster, Marvel relaunched Wade Wilson with Cable & Deadpool, a MUCH more successful, irreverent comedy book. This success allowed Gail & UDON to return and finish up Agent X with three more issues, finally revealing the character's identity.

-His full bio is as such: He was born Nijo Nimamiyori, a rival assassin who hated Deadpool for killing his brother. When he was thought-killed, he showed up as "Alex Hayden", a guy who wanted to be the best mercenary alive. This was because he accidentally got Deadpool's Healing Factor when another character- a psionic named Black Swan- connected their minds while trying to steal their powers. The protagonists eventually killed Black Swan and had him taxidermied, using his corpse as a prop on a later vacation. As his series ended, he became incredibly obese thanks to being injected with some "American genes", and hasn't been seen in years.

-Agent X is very, very similar to Deadpool, to the point where they're nearly dead-ringers. Makes sense, considering they have the same job and Agent X was given the same powers.
I thought it less adding an X to boost sales as they were in some legal shenanigans (and goin's on) against Liefeld who wanted a slice of the pie for the Deadpool and Cable names
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Huh, I just noticed that Armless Tiger Man is not on the "A" list. I also got another "A" name: Ajax (as in, the guy who was in the Deadpool movie, AKA Francis, not the Pantheon member) I dunno if his comics version is notable enough, and he might be better saved for a "Deadpool Friends and Foes" set. As for Golden Age characters, there's the Challenger, who is on your to-do list. Just reading his Marvel Wiki page, he seems to be a giant Skillmonkey (he's skilled with pretty much every weapon and knows a lot of other stuff), and apparently time-travelled and ended up on an Initiative team, oddly.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Yay, Agent Axis!

I know he is obscure and a jobber, Jab, but I have been waiting for a write up on here for a few years now!

But when I first read about him, it was long before Triathlon and I thought it was neat that the three men were somehow merged together. Must have been a kid thing, lol!
Jabroniville

The Agent

Post by Jabroniville »

THE AGENT (Rick Mason)
Created By:
James D. Hudnall & John Ridgway
First Appearance: Marvel Graphic Novel- Rick Mason, The Agent (1989)
Role: Secret Agent
PL 7 (116)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 8
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+8)
Deception 7 (+11)
Expertise (Secret Agent) 7 (+10)
Insight 4 (+8)
Investigation 7 (+11)
Perception 4 (+8)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Sleight of Hand 2 (+10)
Stealth 3 (+8)

Advantages: 
Beginner's Luck, Equipment 4 (Spy Gear, Guns), Improved Critical (Gun), Jack-Of-All-Trades, Ranged Attack 2

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Guns +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Mason is freelance, and works for money.

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (116)

-One of about 9,000 wannabe James Bonds in the Marvel Universe, Rick Mason is the son of The Tinkerer, and specializes in handling superhumans. He was believed to be dead, but as this was in the much-hated Deadline series (based around a newsmagazine), it was ignored and he popped up in Ms. Marvel, helping out Carol Danvers. I feel like I've statted this exact same guy about eighty times before, so you'll forgive my indifference to him. It also reminds me of how awful it was statting these guys out in the 2nd Edition days, thanks to the glut of skills they had there.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:56 pm Huh, I just noticed that Armless Tiger Man is not on the "A" list. I also got another "A" name: Ajax (as in, the guy who was in the Deadpool movie, AKA Francis, not the Pantheon member) I dunno if his comics version is notable enough, and he might be better saved for a "Deadpool Friends and Foes" set. As for Golden Age characters, there's the Challenger, who is on your to-do list. Just reading his Marvel Wiki page, he seems to be a giant Skillmonkey (he's skilled with pretty much every weapon and knows a lot of other stuff), and apparently time-travelled and ended up on an Initiative team, oddly.
Yeah, I'd actually completed builds for 11 members of The Twelve, Captain Terror and The Challenger before my computer went down (f*ck you, BlackBerry Link), and hadn't transferred them to my email yet, so we'll see if the files survived.