The T-Verse [Earth 75]: Dragon Mandarin, Ninjas, & Naginatas, the Storms, Black Fox, Scorpion, Toad

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Tattooedman

Re: Redcap

Post by Tattooedman »

Ares wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:41 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:13 am Image
Redcap:
. . . I am totally stealing the idea of 'Redcap' as a Green Goblin analog, even though I know that's not precisely what your build represents.
No it wasn't, but I love that picture (even if I don't care for how the thing happened in comics). And to be 100% honest Prodigyduck had the idea for the Redcap/Green Goblin analog in his Super Powered Legends setting. That was just my little nod to his idea since it is the Green Goblin in the picture.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Re: Waxworks

Post by Tattooedman »

Ares wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:18 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:43 pm
Davies wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:30 pm

<low whistle> Niiiiice blend of those archetypes.
Thank you.
I'll second that. A fun twist on the shapeshifter villain, with some nice revenge motivations thrown in and a clever mastermind as well. Reminds me of an old Spider villain called Munro who frequently used his disguise abilities to have everyone chasing their own tails and caused no end of trouble.
Thanks. I love the concept of shapeshifting villain (along the lines of the Chameleon) and wanted to add one to the rouges gallery of the settings crime fighter, but wanted him to be a physical challenge as well.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Crazy 8, Quantum, Hiroshima, Gigaton, Radium & Brother Eye

Post by Tattooedman »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:13 pm
Ares wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:13 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:44 pm

Me too. The idea of a crook who just wants to steal things is a nice break from all the rule the world types.
Agreed. There's too many villains out there that are murderous 'want to see the world burn' psychos, world conquerors, or similar types. Partially because I think a lot of writers think they have to get really sick or over the top to shock people these days, and partially because I'm sure some writers actually support the concept of theft (way too many unironic 'eat the rich' types).

A really good superhero setting needs villains with lots of different motivations and power levels to stay interesting. Things like:

It Pay the Bills: Villains that are in it solely for the money. Whether they have a professional mercenary attitude, a blue collar ethic or are just really greedy, they're all motivated by a desire for wealth. They don't really have any grand plan for said cash, they just want to have enough money to do what they want.

Crimes and Good Times: These villains are all about having fun. They do what they do for the thrills or because they enjoy using their abilities. These can be fun loving pranksters, bullies who just love throwing their weight around, or guys who love indulging in their particular theme.

I'll Make Them All Pay: These villains are about revenge, pure and simple. They think they've been wronged by a person, by society or by the universe, and they want to pay it back somehow. These villains feel like they've been hurt and they want everyone to hurt just as much.

I Don't Have A Choice: The sympathetic villains who don't want to be doing anything bad, but feel (right or wrong) that they don't have a choice. Usually they have some condition that forces them to behave a certain way, or someone has some kind of leverage over them, forcing the 'villain' to do what they want.

The True Believer: These are the folks who have a cause they believe in and throw themselves into it full force. Whether it's dedication to a religion, an ideology, a government, or a person, they believe in something and are willing to do whatever they need to further that cause.

I'll Show Them All: The villain has an ego that needs satisfying. Whether this is proving how much smarter or better they are than everyone else, making themselves the center of attention via some dramatic performance, or anything similar, they want all eyes on them and they want to prove how superior they are to everyone else around them.

We're All Mad Here: The villain is some flavor of insane. Whether it's genuine mental illness, thought process so alien as to be unrecognizable to humans or something similar, the villain's perception of reality is just fundamentally at odds with everyone else's, to the point that they will harm people for reasons they feel are perfectly justified, and require stopping.

In Love With Your Pain: These are the villains who just enjoy the suffering of others. It isn't specifically revenge against anything, they just enjoy hurting others, pain for pain's sake. They might claim they do it for fun, for money, for the audience, but the truth is, they're sadists.

Mindless Engine of Destruction: The bad guys who are less malicious and more just doing what they do. This can be a robot programmed to do a single thing, a creature with the intelligence and instincts of an animal, or anything similar. Whatever they are, they don't have any greater motivation, they just break stuff because that's what they do.

Unlimited Power: These bad guys want to improve themselves in some way, often at the cost of others. They want to become stronger, faster, smarter, gain more advanced technology or magic, or gain more advanced skill. They want to make themselves the most powerful thing ever, not for any particular goal, but for the sake of being more powerful.

The Corruptors: These are the types who enjoy turning good people bad. They tempt normal people to indulge their worst behavior, adding to the forces of evil by helping people down the wrong path. The most insidious nature of most Corruptors is that the worst ones don't take control away from people and force them into evil: they simply work a person until they choose evil of their own volition.

I Want It All: The classic conqueror types. They want to control everything. They want power to make everyone do what they say. They want to rule the world/universe.
I want you to know that 1) I think similarly about my bad guys. They're people with motivations and goals, not plot devices. And 2) I'm stealing that whole entire list because it's fun to read.
Ares wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:09 pm Thanks! Glad you liked it, I had a lot of fun writing it up.
Obviously, I am in agreement as well. On both counts, because half of what I was thinking reading this is "I need to save this for future reference." and I will very likely reference this when I am coming up with new characters.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Crazy 8, Quantum, Hiroshima, Gigaton, Radium & Brother Eye

Post by Ares »

Tattooedman wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:26 pm Obviously, I am in agreement as well. On both counts, because half of what I was thinking reading this is "I need to save this for future reference." and I will very likely reference this when I am coming up with new characters.
I consider that a huge compliment, so thank you. 🙂
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Tattooedman

RTPB - Cateran

Post by Tattooedman »

Ready To Play Build: Difficulty Rating [Difficult]
Cateran:
PL:
Strength 6 (4)
Stamina 5
Agility 4 (1)
Dexterity 5 (0)
Fighting 7 (4)
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 4 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+11), Expertise [Military] 6 (+6), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+8), Insight 6 (+9), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+9), Ranged Combat [Thrown Shield] 6 (+12), Stealth 6 (+10), Vehicles 2 (+7)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Close Attack 3, Cunning Fighter, Defensive Roll, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Inspire 2, Interpose, Leadership, Lionheart 2, Luck 2, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack, Redirect, Set-Up, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge

Powers: Enhanced Biology:
Enhanced Agility 3
Enhanced Dexterity 5
Enhanced Fighting 3
Enhanced Strength 2
Immunity 3 [Aging, Disease, Poison]
Leaping 2
-Speed 2
Protection 2

Patriotic Shield: (Easily Removable -4 ) [8 pp]
Thrown Shield: Ranged Strength-Based Damage 2 (Feat: Ricochet 2)
-Shield Bash: Strength-Based Damage 2
Can Take A Hit:
Enhanced Dodge 2
Enhanced Parry 1
Unbreakable & Aerodynamic: Features 2 [Indestructible, Returns when Thrown]

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +10 // Shield Bash Attack +12
Ranged Attack +6 // Thrown Shield Attack +12

Defense: Dodge +12*/+10 [*Patriotic Shield]
Parry +12*/+11 [*Patriotic Shield]
Toughness +8*/+7 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 40+ Skills 27+ Advantages 26+ Powers 42+ Defenses 15= 150 pts.

Complications:

Motivation ~Responsibility: Cateran believes he should use his powers and skills to help others.

Relationships: Cateran is divorced, though he still cares a great deal for his ex-wife and the son they are trying to raise together.

Secret Identity: Cateran keeps his non Heroic identity a secret to protect his friends and family from the criminals he faces.

Notes & Comments wrote:So this time around I'm I wanted to do something a little bit different so I’m going to use one of the archetypes from the Basic Hero Handbook, specifically the Paragon.

Now right off I will admit that I'll be playing around with numbers to suit my build tastes. So Fighting will go down to 4 ranks but I'm good with the rest of the other Abilities. I'll take Steady (Stamina +1 & Awareness +1) for the character types.

For Skills I'll pick Athletics (Acrobatics 4, Athletics 4, Perception 4) & Command (Insight 6 & Persuasion 6).

Advantages gives me Inspire 2 & Power Attack automatically and I'll take Compassionate (Interpose) & Quick (Improved Initiative)

The Power Suite I'll pick is Patriot, which gives me a few extra Skills & Advantages. With the Patriotic Shield I'm going to build it with the Shield Bash as an Alt Effect of the Thrown Shield (as I don't think that's how the RAW does it but that allows for a bit of pp to use elsewhere. The same goes with the Leaping & Speed Powers under Enhanced Biology.

So, at this point I've lots to work with. I'll add a second rank of Takedown starting off, so the character can be a seriously good goon sweeper. I'll also add another rank of Close Attack to get his Unarmed Attack up to +12. Then I'll b u mp Fortitude and Will up to a +8 total each.

I'll be adding ranks of Ranged Combat [Thrown Shield] & a rank of Ranged Attack so he has a better chance of hitting a target (as he only has a base Ranged Attack of 5). I'll add one of my home brew Advantages, Cunning Fighter (which lets the character use his Attack Rank for Feint Checks). To round the character out for combat a bit more I'll add Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Redirect, Uncanny Dodge to his Advantages. Then I will add a 2nd rank of Luck (cause in my experience, those are very handy to have) and I'll also add 2 ranks of another homebrewed Advantage - Lionheart (1 rank grants a +2 bonus to Fear/Intimidation Checks, while 2 ranks gives a +5; since I don't like to use the Fearless Advantage). Of course Move-By Action is always a useful advantage to have so I'll add that in as well.

I'll add a few Skills to round out the character; 6 ranks of Expertise [Military], 8 ranks of Expertise [Tactics], 2 ranks of Stealth, 2 ranks of Vehicles, and will bump up Perception another rank. That'll bring my point total to 150 and the build is done aside from picking Complications.

The Paragon (Patriot) is meant to be the field leader of a PC group. With ranks in Inspire, Leadership and Set-Up he is good at helping the other members of a group and needs to be played by someone who doesn’t mind not getting a big spotlight type moment every adventure (but when they do get it, it is typically a pretty cool and badass thing). There is a slight trade-off on Attack/Damage, but it’s only a +2 shift to accuracy so using Power Attack can make a difference if you want to pull off a big hit alone. Overall, it is all about balancing what’s needed in the moment and big picture thinking which is why I’m giving this character a Difficult Rating.
Art by Gaston25 on DeviantArt.com., recolored by me.
Tattooedman

Nightshade

Post by Tattooedman »

Nightshade:
PL:
Strength 4
Stamina 4
Agility 6
Dexterity 5
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+9), Athletics 6 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception 8 (+11), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+11), Expertise [Poisons] 9 (+11), Insight 8 (+11), Perception 9 (+12), Persuasion 8 (+11), Ranged Combat [Throwing Knives] 7 (+12), Stealth 6 (+12), Treatment 4 (+6), Vehicles [Land] 5 (+10)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Attractive, Close Attack 4, Connected, Cunning Fighter, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment, Evasion 2, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Languages 4 [Base: English; Chinese, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese], Power Attack, Quick Draw, Takedown 2, Task Focus 2 [Expertise (Criminal): B&E], Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

Powers: Pheromones: Affliction 8 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Area [Cloud], Cumulative)

Photosynthesis: 7
Immunity 2 [Poison, Starvation & Thirst]
Regeneration 5 [1/every other round] (Feat: Regrowth); (Flaw: Source [sunlight])

Toxic Touch Array:
Poison Touch: Weaken Stamina 10 [resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Progressive, Secondary Effect); (Feats: Incurable, Insidious, Slow Fade 7 [1 hour], Subtle)
-Debilitating Touch: Weaken Agility 10 [resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Progressive, Secondary Effect); (Feat: Incurable, Insidious, Slow Fade 7 [1 hour], Subtle)
-Paralysis Touch: Affliction 10 [Impaired, Disabled, Paralyzed; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Progressive); (Feats: Incurable, Insidious, Slow Fade 7 [1 hour], Subtle)
-Sedative Touch: Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Asleep; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Progressive); (Feats: Incurable, Insidious, Slow Fade 7 [1 hour], Subtle)
-Sickening Touch: Affliction 10 [Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Progressive); (Feats: Incurable, Insidious, Slow Fade 7 [1 hour], Subtle)

Poisoned Throwing Blades: (Easily Removable –26 pts) [42 pp]
Poisoned Edges: Ranged Strength-Based Damage 4 (Feat: Improved Critical) & Variable 10 (Flaw: Limited [only recreates Nightshade’s Toxic Touch Array (rank 9) with Ranged modifier])

Offense: Initiative +10
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Attack +10
Ranged Attack +5 // Throwing Knives Attack +12

Defense: Dodge +11
Parry +11
Toughness +9*/+7**/+4 [*Armored Costume & Defensive Roll//**Armored Costume]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: Armored Costume:
Immunity 2 [Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat]
Protection 3

Costs: Abilities 62+ Skills 30+ Advantages 29+ Powers 127+ Defenses 22= 270 pts.

Height: 5’7”
Weight: 133 lbs
Hair: Black with white highlight
Eye Color: Pale Green

Complications:
Motivation -Greed: Nightshade is a mercenary at heart and only seeks jobs that can meet her pay requirements.

Power Loss: Nightshade only has so many of her Poisoned Throwing Blades readied for use, and can run out of them during a fight.

Prejudice: Criminal Alpha.

Vengeful: Nightshade isn’t one to let go of a grudge, especially if it got in the way of her completing a mission.

Background: Raised in an orphanage, Lillian Olsen was always a troublemaker. She took to a life of crime at a young age, sneaking out in the middle of the night to perform her little capers. At first, Lillian ran with a small gang of like-minded kids and committed robberies in the nearby neighborhoods. But, as she grew older and became bolder, she went off on her own targeting some of the richer members of society. Lillian did well enough on her own for a little over a year, however, her luck changed when she infiltrated Paul DeFalco’s brownstone in hopes of a big score. Impressed by the girl’s tenacity, DeFalco, an expert thief himself, took Lillian under his wing and showed her a world that she’d only dreamed about. Over the next decade, he trained her and pushed her to her limits, both physically and mentally. When her skills had been developed enough she was brought on as part of his crew and worked on jobs under the eye of her mentor. During those years Lillian became the daughter he’d never had, but every child eventually leaves the nest to strike out on their own and Lillian was no different. With Paul’s blessing, she worked all over the world; one such job involved corporate espionage - she was to infiltrate Noxxor Industries New York City lab, steal a hard drive containing all of the research on something named Project 75, and inject a retrovirus into the physical sample of the project. While many others would have turned the job down Lillian accepted because she saw it as a challenge, and she took several weeks to surveil the facility in order to properly assess the security systems in place.

Feeling that she was as prepared as she was going to be Lillian broke through the impressive security system undetected, gaining entry to the various labs housed within. Making her way to the experimental lab, Lillian ran afoul of a member of the security service performing a bit of corporate espionage of his own. Quickly realizing the situation they had stumbled into, the pair began to fight. During the tussle, the two crashed into the specimen room, shattering not only the sample of Project 75 but also the vile containing the retrovirus; both of which soaked Lillian and the guard. As the automated safety systems sprayed the room for decontamination, the corrupt security guard dropped to the floor, stone-dead from his own chemical bath, while Lillian coughed her way through the chemical haze and escaped with the hard drive. Barely making her way to a safe house, she collapsed into bed, slipping into fevered dream state that lasted for nearly five days but radically changed her life.

Lillian rose from her bed to discover that some changes had been made to her outward appearance - her hair had once been dark brown, but now was jet black with a white stripe in it, while her formerly brown eyes were now a soft shade of green. Despite her new look, she called her contact to set up a meeting to exchange the hard drive so she could get her money as she was supposed to do. When she showed up for the arranged meeting a few hours later, Lillian was surprised to find several men she did not know were waiting for her with her contact. They told her that the fact she had managed to smuggle out a sample of Project 75 was impressive, and they wanted it in addition to the drive.

Confused, Lillian told them that she had no idea what they were talking about, but they refused to believe her and moved to take her prisoner. Fortunately, part of Lillian’s training with Paul had included a bit of training in the martial arts and she proceeded to defend herself. However, rather than knocking the men to the ground with her well-placed strikes, Lillian’s touch caused them to fall to the ground paralyzed. Quickly making her way through the enforcers, Lillian approached her contact and brushed his face with her hand, watching as his eyes rolled into the back of his head. She pulled her payment from his cold hands as his body slid to the ground and threw the drive to the ground, shattering it. She walked away from the scene satisfied and hopeful that she could find a cure.

Spending the next few days going over the copy she’d made of the hard drive of Project 75 and experimentation, Lillian learned how her powers worked and determined that she’d been altered on a genetic level and now shared some common ties to plants as well as humans. Instantly she saw how this could help her expand her line of work after a little bit of training and some specialized equipment. These days, Nightshade (a name Lillian picked due to her poisonous touch) travels the globe, going where each job requires her to go, and enjoying each successful payday as a versatile thief and assassin.

Notes & Comments wrote:Art by hyoon on twiter.
Tattooedman

Fastlane

Post by Tattooedman »

Fastlane:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 3
Dexterity 4
Fighting 2
Intellect 1
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+6), Deception 7 (+7), Expertise [Mechanics] 7 (+8), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+7), Insight 6 (+7), Perception 7 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+3), Ranged Combat [Stun Blaster] 4 (+8), Stealth 6 (+9), Technology 4 (+5/+15), Vehicles [Air] 5 (+9/+18), Vehicles [Exotic] 5 (+9/+18), Vehicles [Land] 5 (+9/+18), Vehicles [Sea] 5 (+9/+18)

Advantages: Defensive Roll, Equipment 4, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Language [Spanish], Move-By Action

Powers: Vehicle Overhaul: Transform 10 [Vehicles Into Souped-Up Super-Vehicles] (Extra: Linked [Variable (Vehicular Powers)]) & Variable 10 (Extra: Affects Others Only) (Flaw: Limited [Can Only Affect Vehicles])

Master Of Any Vehicle:
Enhanced Skill 12 [Vehicles (Air) +9, Vehicles (Exotic) +9, Vehicles (Land) +9, Vehicles (Sea) +9]
Enhanced Skill 3 [Technology +9] (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Vehicle Related Checks])

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +2 // Unarmed Attack +6
Ranged Attack +4 // Stun Blaster Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +6
Parry +6
Toughness +8*/+7 [*Armored Jacket & Defensive Roll/**Armored Jacket]
Fortitude +6
Will +6

Equipment: Armored Jacket: Immunity 2 [Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat]
Protection 4]
Flash Goggles: Feature [+2 vs any Light based Affects against vision]
Stun Blaster: Stun Blast: Ranged Affliction 6 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Dodge]

Costs: Abilities 32+ Skills 28+ Advantages 6+ Powers 94+ Defenses 15= 175 pts.

Height: 5’ 10”
Weight: 157 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Hazel

Complications:
Motivation ~Greed & Thrills: Fastlane greatly enjoys the excitement he experiences as a super crook and wants to make large sums of money while doing it.

Prejudice: Criminal Alpha.

Background: Raised by his mechanic father, Danny Cooper had a gift when it came to cars: no matter the problem, he had a knack for being able to figure it out and with his father’s help, fix it. There was a chance Danny could have gone far with his talent but that wasn’t the hand fate dealt him. While Danny’s father was a good mechanic he had a bad gambling habit and he spent just as much time at the race track as he did in his car shop. While the elder Cooper made sure that Danny had the essentials there was never enough to pay back all the people he owed. Already sixteen years old by this point, Danny knew that he and his father needed money so he turned to crime in the hope of paying his father’s debts (bookies don’t care who pays on the debt, just that it’s paid).

Thus, Danny spent many of his evenings hooking up with some of his contacts at a local chop-shop to find out what kind of cars they were looking for, then going out to find them, spending a day or two casing them out, then finally stealing them and then selling them to the chop-shop. Eventually Danny’s criminal outings came to the attention of some of a manager in the Silvestri Family who recognized Danny's skill and recruited him into the Family’s vehicle theft operations. Danny quickly proved his reputation was well deserved and he was considered one of the best earners and was favorably looked upon by his bosses.

Then one night a job went sideways and Danny ended up involved in a high speed chase with the police. Danny used every trick he knew, used every shortcut he found but still couldn't lose his pursuers and the realization that he was going to jail came to him. As his stomach knotted up as a sense of dread swept over him, Danny's vision blurred for several moments and the car he was driving suddenly underwent a metamorphosis- the engine became larger and more powerful, enough that Danny was able to finally lose the police.

Making his way back to his garage safe house, Danny began experimenting with his powers over the next few days, quickly coming to understand what he could and could not do with them. Seeing the applications of his powers, Danny set his sights on becoming a supervillain. While he intended to make a name for himself in his own right, Danny ended up becoming more of a Jobber as his vehicle-based powers weren't useful without an actual vehicle to use them on. Despite that setback Fastlane, as Danny named his criminal persona, has worked for several mastermind villains in situations where his powers were very useful.

Recently Fastlane was hired by the Conductor to hijack the Vanguard’s team jet, a task he succeeded in doing, making it halfway to his destination before being caught by them but his mission was a success - the Vanguard were unable to chase after the Conductor and his allies, the Thunder Front, when they stole a rare mineral from Odyssey Technologies and Danny was able to escape.
catsi563

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): RTPB - Cateran, Nightshade & Fastlane

Post by catsi563 »

Interesting another playmate for Panda if she were in T-freedomverse.

her story and Pandas are so similar the two would be some very interesting dynamics given how shocklingly similar they are and how each couldve turned out if circumstances would have been different. its like looking into that dark mirror that makes you self reflect

i approve =^_^=

Fastlanes neat too a super wheelman is always fun. I made one froma character i converted from Dark Champions the TAS book
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Psychic Planes

Post by Tattooedman »

Psychic Planes:

Certain psychics have found themselves capable of entering a realm contained within the psyche of each and every individual. This world - the Psychic Plane - is unique to each person and no two individuals' Psychic Planes connect. The landscape appears to be forged by the subconscious of the individual and is usually representative of it; an engineer's Psychic Plane may be made up of cogs and gears and the host's subconscious often manifests inhabitants that are loosely based on their family and close friends.

Stronger telepaths have demonstrated the ability to take others into another person's Psychic Plane with them. However, if unprepared, the visitor appears as an avatar of their true self; for instance, one psychic, who was still learning how to control his abilities entered another person's psyche, the years of physical abuse he had suffered at the hands of his father caused the young man to appear covered in bruises.

There are many questions left unanswered regarding the dangers of Psychic Planes: if a visitor suffers some kind of crippling injury on a Psychic Plane will they suffer from that injury in the real world? Or if they were to enter into another Psychic Plane? What if someone were to die while in a Psychic Plane, do they die in the real world as well? Perhaps, over time, more information will be learned about the effects such places have on those who journey into them.

Notes&Comments wrote:Based on ideas thought of by Michuru.
Tattooedman

RTPB - Jonni Ohm

Post by Tattooedman »

Ready To Play Build: Difficulty Rating [Mid]
Jonni Ohm:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 9
Awareness 4
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat [Gadgets] 4 (+8), Expertise [Science] 10 (+19), Insight 4 (+8), Investigation 7 (+16) , Perception 6 (+10), Ranged Combat [Gadgets] 6 (+8), Technology 11 (+20), Vehicles 6 (+8)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Beginner’s Luck, Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 3, Improved Defense, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Luck 2, Quick Draw, Power Attack, Skill Mastery [Technology], Speed Of Thought

Powers: Technopath: Comprehend 2 [Machines] (Flaw: Distracting)

Ohm Blasters: (Easily Removable -10 pts) [18 pp]
Ohm Beam: Ranged Electrical Damage 12
-Ohm Force: Move Object 12
-Ohm Shocker: Ranged Affliction 12 [Vulnerable, Defenseless, Incapacitated; resisted by Will]
-Ohm Stunner: Ranged Affliction 12 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude]
-Ohm Truncheon: Electrical Damage 12 (Feat: Improved Critical 2)

Ohm Belt: (Removable -2 pts) [9 pp]
Force Field:
Immunity 6 [Critical Hits, Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Environmental Pressure, Environmental Radiation] (Extra: Linked [Protection]) & Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained)

Ohm Harness: Removable (-2 pts) [8 pp]
Electrical Propulsion: Flight 5

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +4 // Gadgets Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2 // Gadgets Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12*/+2 [*Ohm Belt]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: Headquarters [The Ohm Factory 15 ep]: Size: Medium; Toughness: 8; Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed 3 [DC 20], Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Security System 4 [DC 35], Workshop

Costs: Abilities 50+ Skills 27+ Advantages 15+ Powers 37+ Defenses 20= 150 pts.

Complications:
Accident: Gadgets can be temperamental things, so it’s not unimaginable that sometimes one of Jonni’s devices might act up, run out of power, break, explode, or otherwise cause problems for her.

Motivation ~Doing Good: Jonni creates amazing inventions for the betterment of mankind, she also became a hero for the same reason.

Motivation~Thrills: Jonni loves to push the limit and live on the edge of scientific research, so taking on the role of a hero gives her access to advanced technology she might not otherwise have.

Notes & Comments:
So, I’ll be taking a try at the Gadgeteer this time around so let’s get going.
Gadgeteer Type: 1D20+0 = [9]+0 = 9, which gets me a Gimmick theme and just to keep things simple I’ll roll on the Energy Controller archetype to get the basis of the character’s theme.
Gimmick Theme : 1D20+0 = [8]+0 = 8, which is Electrical.

Now when it comes to the character’s Abilities, I’m switching the Strength & Stamina just because I don’t see Strength being higher as the character will be using their gimmick for any kind of damage effect.

Time to roll for Advantages, although this character gets a nice little selection right off the bat (Beginner’s Luck, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 3 (Headquarters), Improvised Tools, Inventor, Skill Mastery (Technology)). Advantages: 1D20+0 = [11]+0 = 11, so the character is a Tinker (that will add Accurate Attack, Luck, Power Attack to the list).

Now for Skills, again the character gets a decent selection to start with (Close Combat: Unarmed or Gadgets 6, Expertise: Science 10, Ranged Combat: Gadgets 6, Technology 10, Vehicles 4)
Skills: 1D20+0 = [12]+0 = 12, that will give the Investigator package (Insight 4, Investigation 7, Perception 5).

We’re at the point that it’s time to roll for the character’s Offensive Powers. Offensive Powers: 1D20+0 = [8]+0 = 8, that gives me the Gimmick Blaster, which works out nicely. Right off that grants the character an Energy Blast rank 12 (which I’ll call the Ohm Beam) plus 3 Alternate Effects.
Alternate Power 1: Alternate Power 1: 1D20+0 = [5]+0 = 5, Move Object rank 12 (that I’ll call Ohm Force).
Alternate Power 2: Alternate Power 2: 1D20+0 = [10]+0 = 10, Ranged Affliction 12 [Vulnerable, Defenseless, Incapacitated; resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage] (I’ll name this Ohm Shocker).
Alternate Power 3: Alternate Power 3: 1D20+0 = [6]+0 = 6, Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated) (and this will get called Ohm Stunner).

Time for Offensive Powers. _: 1D20+0 = [18]+0 = 18, which gives a Force Field device (that’ll I’ll call the Ohm Belt). Funny enough, it looks like there is a math mistake for that power – because Immunity 6 & Protection 10 with the Sustained Flaw would cost 11 pp then apply the Removable cost for a total of 9 pp, but the book lists the cost as 13 (meaning it doesn’t apply the Sustained Flaw)

Now we’re ready to do the Movement Power. _: 1D20+0 = [13]+0 = 13, and that gets the character a Flight Harness (stylistically renamed the Ohm Harness).

Lastly, we have the Innate Powers. _: 1D20+0 = [19]+0 = 19, that grants Technopath.

At this point there are some pp left to spend, so time to make things a bit more unique. We’ll start off with a Homebrew Advantage – Speed of Thought (it allows a character to use their Intellect rank as their Initiative bonus – very fitting for this kind of character I feel). I’ll toss in Improved Defense as well, always a good idea IMO, and Quick Draw is definitely a must with her using weapons. Contacts also sounds like a good addition given her high Investigation skill rank and a second rank of Luck is something I’d never be against.

I’m pretty happy overall with the character’s Skills, but I’ll add 2 ranks of Athletics just in case it might be needed (you never know when you’ll need to make a climbing or swimming check) and buff up the Vehicle Skill by a rank.

Finally I’ll add another Alt Effect of the Ohm Blasters – the Ohm Truncheon, that way the character isn’t without options in melee combat.
Art by Mengo Fedorov
Tattooedman

RTPB - Kedge

Post by Tattooedman »

Ready To Play Build: Difficulty Rating [Mid]
Kedge:
PL:
Strength 7
Stamina 8
Agility 6
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 4
Presence 4

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 4 (+11), Close Combat [Orichalcum Lance] 2 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+10), Perception 6 (+10), Ranged Combat [Thrown Orichalcum Lance] 2 (+10), Stealth 4 (+10)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 4, Defensive Roll 2, Favored Environment [Aquatic], Improved Defense, Language [Base: Native; English], Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown 2

Powers: Aquatic:
Immunity 3 [Drowning, Environmental Cold, Environmental Pressure]
Movement 1 [Environmental Adaptation (Aquatic)]
Senses 8 [Darkvision, Hearing (Accurate, Analytical, Extended, Tracking 2), Low-Light Vision]
Swimming 6

Orichalcum Weapon: (Easily Removable -6 pts) [11 pp]
Unbreakable: Feature 1 [Indestructible]
Orichalcum Lance: Strength-Based Slashing Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 10); (Feats: Collapsible, Improved Critical)
-Thrown Lance: Strength-Based Piercing Damage 3 (Feats: Collapsible, Improved Critical, Homing 4, Reach 6 [30 ft])

Orichalcum Shield: (Easily Removable -4 pts) [7 pp]
Unbreakable: Feature 1 [Indestructible]
Extreme Resilience: Impervious Toughness 10

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +8 // Orichalcum Lance Attack +10
Ranged Attack +8 // Thrown Orichalcum Lance Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +10*/+8 [*Defensive Roll (Impervious with Orichalcum Shield)]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 60+ Skills 21+ Advantages 18+ Powers 37+ Defenses 14= 150 pts.

Complications:
Not From Around Here: Kedge is from an undersea city, that he talks very little about, but because of that he has a limited understanding of normal society.

Power Loss: Kedge must make whistling noises in order to control his Orichalcum Lance (losing the Homing and Reach Feats it has), if he is unable to make a sound, it behaves like regular weapon.

Public Identity: Kedge doesn’t bother with having a secret identity.

Reputation: Kedge is known for being something of an asshole; he is a hero and protects others but he can be but extremely impetuous and impolite given little provocation.

Weakness: Due to his unique physiology, if Kedge goes to long without immersing himself in water he will grow progressively weaker. After a long period of time, he will becoming Fatigued, Impaired, Disabled, Stunned; in addition to dropping Strength & Stamina consistently (immersion in water immediately removes all conditions & penalties).

Notes & Comments wrote:So trying my hand at the Warrior Archetype. The attributes are straightforward enough, although I’ll still do that little bit of refiguring to suit my build tastes and get some points to play around with.

When it came to Powers I used the picture as inspiration – so he’s Aquatic (with some additions covered by the “bonus” pp I’ve built up) and uses the Weapon Warrior option and then some because I built the small shield as well. So, I dropped the Enhanced Lifting Strength to help me trim a few more pp to build things this way.

For the Skills, I pretty much kept with what the archetype did except for adding ranks in Close Combat & Ranged Combat with the custom weapon (tapping into the “bonus” pp again).

With the Advantages I did like I did with the Skills (following the archetype’s design) and adding the other 4 picks plus 4 others as well (digging into the “bonus” pp some more).

At this point all that’s left is his Defenses, which are easily handled with the remaining pp and he comes out hitting most of his defensive caps.
Art by DMAC
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Cassandra McKay

Post by Tattooedman »

Cassandra McKay:
PL:
Strength 6 (2)
Stamina 6 (2)
Agility 4 (1)
Dexterity 4 (1)
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 1
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 3 (+9), Expertise [Librarian] 6 (+7), Expertise [Pop Culture] 4 (+5), Expertise [Teacher] 4 (+5), Insight 5 (+6), Perception 5 (+6), Stealth 3 (+7)

Advantages: Close Attack 2, Favored Environment [Underwater], Power Attack

Powers: Aquatic Adaptation:
Enhanced Strength 4
Enhanced Stamina 4
Enhanced Agility 3
Enhanced Dexterity 3
Immunity 3 [Environmental Cold, Environmental Pressure, Drowning]
Movement 1 [Environmental Adaptation (Aquatic)]
Protection 2
Senses 3 [Darkvision, Low-Light Vision]
Swimming 8

Dolphin Leap: Leaping 4 (Flaw: Limited [Only from Water That Is At Least 10 ft deep])

Offense: Initiative +4
Melee Attack +6
Ranged Attack +4

Parry +8
Toughness +6
Fortitude +6
Will +6

Costs: Abilities 26+ Skills 11+ Advantages 4+ Powers 48+ Defenses 13= 102 pts.

Aliases: Seine
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 121 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Prejudice: Alpha.

Relationships: Her fellow Academy teaching staff and her students.

Responsibility: As part of the teaching staff at the Vanguard Academy.

Background: Cassy McKay spent her early years in the suburbs of New York City until her thirteenth birthday, when her family was killed in a boating accident that Cassandra survived only due to the manifestation of her Alpha abilities although due to the trauma of the situation neither the authorities or Cassy realized that fact.

Cassy then spent several weeks in Child Protective Services until she was placed in a foster home that had several foster children already and the foster parents forced them all to share the same bedroom. It didn't take long for Cassy realized the bad situation she was in and she ran away, ending up living on the streets for several months.

It was during that time that she discovered her powers, again unconsciously using them to save herself from harm when she found herself cornered near the docks by a pair of older homeless men who thought she would be an easy victim. Cassy quickly showed them how bad of an idea that had been then made her escape into the Hudson River.

From there Cassy managed to just take enough care of herself that she didn't miss many meals and had managed to build a hidden shelter near the Narrows. Eventually the stories of a "fish girl" living around the Shires of New York City brought Cassy to the attention of the Vanguard Academy and soon a group of students, accompanied by a couple teachers, came looking for her.

After a drawn out chase, the Alpha teens managed to talk Cassy into coming to their school where she was made a ward of the school. When she graduated from the school she went to college, earning a degree in Library Sciences then proceeded to pursue those career options.

The problem, however, was that Cassy never felt comfortable at any of the several facilities she worked at over the next few years. As she was debating applying to another library Cassy was contacted by Clay Toric with an offer to become part of the teaching staff at the Vanguard Academy. Deciding to see if going back to one of the few places she felt was like a home, Cassy accepted the position of English teacher and joined the teaching staff.
Tattooedman

Jessica Lee

Post by Tattooedman »

(out of costume)
(in costume)
Jessica Lee:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 10 (+12), Expertise [History] 6 (+8), Expertise [Teacher] 5 (+7), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+5), Stealth 9 (+11), Vehicles [Air] 6 (+8), Vehicles [Land] 6 (+8)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Equipment 2, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Set-Up 2, Teamwork 2

Powers: Ghost Form: Insubstantial 4 [Incorporeal; vulnerable to electrical damage] (Feats: Precise, Subtle) & Flight 2 (Extra: Linked [Insubstantial]); (Feat: Subtle)

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +8

Parry +8
Toughness +6*/+2 [*Costume]
Fortitude +6
Will +6

Equipment: Costume: Protection 4 (Feats: Feature [Hidden Pockets], Subtle)

Nunchaku: Strength-Based Bludgeoning Damage 2 (Feats: Improved Critical 2)

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 20+ Advantages 20+ Powers 27+ Defenses 18= 121 pts.

Aliases: Ghostlight
Height: 5’4”
Weight: 115 lbs
Hair: Dark Blonde
Eye Color: Blue-Green

Complications:
Guilt: Sometimes she feels guilty for not being able to save her family many years ago.

Relationships: Her fellow Academy teaching staff and her students.

Background: Jess Lee was on vacation with her family in New York City when they were caught in a crossfire between two rival gangs in Chinatown. Although she was standing only a few feet away from her parents, both of whom died, Jess was unscathed, which puzzled police detectives.

After the shooting, Jess entered a state of shock, the police placed the traumatized girl in a hospital for forty-eight-hour observation, during which she mostly slept and cried. When she was released, Jess was met by representatives of the Vanguard Academy, who had heard about what had happened to her and her parents and realized that she was an Alpha that had manifested her powers to save herself at the last possible moment.

Made a ward of the school, Jess would make several friends during her time there and impress many of her teachers with her determination to excel at her studies. When she graduated Jess took the Senior Exam, doing well enough to be offered membership in the Vanguard. She was a reliable member but after a few years she grew to feel that her efforts weren't as effective as she had thought they would be, despite her helping to stop the various threats the Vanguard regularly faced during her time with the team. Wanting to do more meaningful work, Jess contacted Clay Toric, the headmaster of the Vanguard Academy, and told him that she wanted to become a teacher there but needed help attending college to attain the proper education she would need to do so.

Impressed by her desire, Toric made sure that Jess' expenses were taken care of and she graduated with a degree in History then started the next year at the Vanguard Academy as part of the staff.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tattooedman

Peyton Cassidy

Post by Tattooedman »

Peyton Cassidy:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 1
Agility 0
Dexterity 0
Fighting 4
Intellect 3
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 3 (+4), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+6), Expertise [Counselor] 5 (+8), Expertise [Current Events] 3 (+6), Expertise [Pop Culture] 3 (+6), Expertise [Psychology] 7 (+10), Expertise [Medicine] 4 (+7), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 7 (+9)

Advantages: Defensive Roll 3, Ranged Attack 4

Powers: Empathic: Senses 5 [Detect (Emotions Of Others [mental sense]; Acute, Analytical, Radius, Ranged)

Offense: Initiative +0
Melee Attack +4 // Unarmed Attack +6
Ranged Attack +4

Defense: Dodge +4
Parry +4
Toughness +4*/+1 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +5
Will +7

Costs: Abilities 26+ Skills 13+ Advantages 7+ Powers 5+ Defenses 13= 64 pts.

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 121 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:

Relationships: Her fellow Academy teaching staff and her students.

Background: Peyton Cassidy first met Winston Baroski in college where the two of them were studying psychology and became friends, even keeping in contact with one another after graduating. While Winston would go on to be one a criminal profiler for C.A.S.T.L.E., Peyton went into practicing psychology where her empathic powers allowed her to better help her patients.

When Clay Toric, the Headmaster of the Vanguard Academy, was looking to add an additional counselor to the school's staff, Winston recommended Peyton. After a few interviews the retired C.A.S.T.L.E. agent offered her the job and a week later Peyton arrived on campus.

So Far she has not yet regretted her choice, although she still takes patients who are not part of the student body, using a office she rents out in downtown Capital City to help maintain the secrets of the school.
Tattooedman

Paul Hunter

Post by Tattooedman »

(out of costume)
(in costume)
Paul Hunter:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 4
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 3 (+6), Expertise [Art] 5 (+7), Expertise [EMT] 4 (+6), Expertise [Teacher] 4 (+6), Insight 7 (+9), Perception 7 (+9), Stealth 9 (+13), Treatment 3 (+5)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 4, Equipment, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Redirect, Takedown 2, Teamwork 3

Powers: Elastic Body:
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 8); (Flaw: Limited [Only Impervious vs Bludgeoning/Force Attacks])
Immunity 5 [Falling Damage]
Leaping 3
Elongation 3
Morph 2 [Objects] (Flaws: Limited [Objects Only], Limited [Retains his colors])
Enlarged Hands: Damage 8

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4

Parry +8
Toughness +8* [Impervious (Only vs Bludgeoning/Force Attacks)]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: First Aid Kit [+5 to Treatment Checks]
Zip Tie Restraints
-2 ep as needed

Costs: Abilities 50+ Skills 14+ Advantages 16+ Powers 29+ Defenses 18= 127 pts.

Aliases: Elasto
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 197 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:

Relationships: His fellow Academy teaching staff and his students.

Weakness: Paul is vulnerable (+5 to Toughness DCs) of any attack that has either the Piercing or Slashing Descriptor.

Background: Paul Hunter knew from an early age that he might be an Alpha; his grandmother was a cousin of Slingshot, a founding member of the Vanguard. So there was a slim chance he could manifest similar abilities.

That slim chance turned into fact when Paul was sixteen years old and he soon found himself attending the Vanguard Academy. Luckily for him, Paul did not have the issues his famous relative did, still when you're a tall, lanky teen being able to stretch your body doesn't seem to be all that much of a power. However, his teachers were able to show him that there were other ways to be a hero besides either punching or blasting Super villains in the face - like rescuing bystanders (although Paul did eventually develop a few offensive tricks that were useful and effective).

Paul also took the Senior Exam, auditioning for membership in the Vanguard and was offered a place on the team due to both his teamwork skills and tendency to put bystander safety first. However, after a couple of years Paul felt he could do more to help people by becoming an EMT, so he left the group to pursue that goal.

A few years later Clay Toric, the Headmaster of the Vanguard Academy contacted Paul with a job offer - being a teacher at the Vanguard Academy. Toric wanted Paul's perspective on Alpha conflicts to be shared with future generations of potential heroes. While Paul had never considered becoming a teacher, the idea of paying back the opportunities he'd been given by the school greatly appealed to him and he took the job.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.