[MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shadowmask

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

Post by Shadowmask »

http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=265881

Nope, Helen doesn't notice Khemis "go" crazy.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Khemis hasn't gone crazy. She's having a perfectly normal phone conversation with someone. With the phone off. In a perfectly normal fashion. Nothing to see here! Move along!
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Here's a question - are there any known Sunstormers whose powers seem to include superhuman intelligence?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Isn't it a bit early for anyone to have noticed? A better question is, how many Sunstormers are publicly known for their super abilities and what abilities are they? I doubt someone superintelligent would be publicly known a week after coming into existence.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

That is pretty much what I was thinking as well- barely a week since "Wake-Up" probably means that anyone without very obvious changes may be off the collective radar so far.

And anyone with enhnaced intelligence may be smart enough to realize that they don't want to be known publicly.

>In other news I may be quiet for a few days- got some rough family news, still processing.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Unless someone was so "smart" as to interrupt all broadcasts to declare themselves the supersmart dude who now rules the earth, yeah, more than likely they are even more under the radar than most sunstormers.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

It's also possible that any Sunstormer with the abilities of super-intelligence simply aren't the type of person to be public about their abilities - likely keeping things quiet while they build up sufficiently. If they're a technologically-inventive kind of super-genius, they might be still trying to put together a lab and start development of tools so they can design and build more physics-bending tecchnologies. One whose genius is attuned to coding and computers might be setting up their rig, trying to secure stable power, and surfing the web undetected by the public thus far. A socially-minded super-genius might be employing their genius to quietly acquire access to resources and the like before they make more overt moves, instead taking the time to plot from the shadows through leveraging superhuman intellect for taking charge of the underworld.

Or they might just not have the resources to be noticable as a super-intellect. Say if the Genius Sunstormer lived on a farm in the middle of a region with poor connectivity in general - issues only exacerbated by the massive infrastructural issues the world is still dealing with in the way of the Sunstorm - which has kept them from being noticed despite their genius.

Anyways, with regards to Sunny: is there any more plot to be had with Sunny at the hospital, waiting in that chair while listening to the cops and the inside of Albert's room? Or would he need to do something riskier like attempt to break into Albert's hospital room for any further movement on that plotline in the hospital? Just trying to figure out what's going on over there, and if there's anything left you had planned for the hospital, or if I would be better serving the story to move onto some other part of Sunny's day (which is either working at his desk, flying around the city, and/or internally debating whether he should drop by Deborah's later or call her or just leave it be or whatever because he has no idea what he's doing and is terrified of messing up).
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//There is nothing substantial to be gained from waiting in the chair, that much I can say.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

jmucchiello wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:36 pm Isn't it a bit early for anyone to have noticed? A better question is, how many Sunstormers are publicly known for their super abilities and what abilities are they? I doubt someone superintelligent would be publicly known a week after coming into existence.
Maybe. Someone could be having amazing insights into the scientific problems of the age and posting them on the internet, and proving to be right rather than the ravings of a crank. I.e. their new super-high IQ lets them near-instantly solve weighty scientific problems, without having to build power armour, super-weapons etc.

Although someone with super-IQ and the appropriate skills/advantages/powers (Quickness particularly) could have built quite a lot in the week so far.

Have any of you read Worm? There's a bit in there (or it may be fanon, can't remember) where super-inventors can be noticed because they start obsessively gathering resources, from tech stores, junkyards etc., to build things. Not sure that would too obvious in the post-Sunstorm world, but it might be another way someone might be outed...
pathfinderq1 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:31 am And anyone with enhanced intelligence may be smart enough to realize that they don't want to be known publicly.
High intelligence is not the same as common sense, so that may not necessarily be true.
pathfinderq1 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:31 am >In other news I may be quiet for a few days- got some rough family news, still processing.
Sorry to hear it...
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I should be back on-line by Monday

.In other news: https://www.yahoo.com/news/geomagnetic- ... 51272.html

If you do miss it, though, don’t worry too much. NASA said last month that in the current solar cycle, “solar events will continue to increase as we near solar maximum in 2025.”
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Okay, so I am at least mostly back. I'll get something IC up tomorrow, probably.

For now, Charger did not give anybody her phone number, though she did get numbers from anyone who offered. At this point she only has her regular phone, until either A (we get some PP awarded and she can buy another point of Equipment) or B (GM permits me to shuffle her existing Equipment, which I had designated but not used, to allow her to pick up a prepaid tracfone from Walmart).
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I didn't think we were paying equipment costs for cell phones. Equipment is one of the only must-have reasons I'd like to see a 3.1 edition.

Yeah, I didn't think Charger gave out a phone number. I kind of looked, too.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Does that really matter? By all means get the disposable phone. It will still count as equipment since you're going to use it only a few times and its extremely doubtful you will carry around two phones anyway.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Disposable phones are something you can get without paying an Equipment Point. Here the rules would stand in the way of the story and in such cases, I always go the way of the story.
So no need to worry about that. Basically, anything up to a suitcase in size that cannot be used as a weapon can be bought without EP - within reasonable limits, of course..
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

And I see Officer Paladino and the agents are well on their way to be doing Nemesis' job for her...Perfect...just perfect *steeples fingers*