[Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind
HP: 1, Condition: 1 injury

Trusting Pounce to keep acting as she was, the free-floating brain took some stock of its surroundings. It only had a rudimentary understanding when it came to geography as of the moment, enough to tell apart trees and understand the difference between a bush and a shrub. The intricacies of ecosystems and how they interacted with the topography of land were still largely unknown, but it knew enough to understand it was unusual for the land to dip so drastically in this area. With enough rudimentary probing, it determined the ground was... Stable, but only in the loosest sense of the word. It might be enough to support a creature light on their feet like it's felid compatriot, but a rampaging group of top-heavy lizards?

It had an idea. 'Pounce. Follow my directions as I give them. Your safety is paramount and necessary in order for us to deal with the Fyora permanently.'
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze
HP: 0
CND: Fine

When the initial plan of making them focus on an injured comrade didn't quite work out, Craze knew he had to keep luring the creatures away from D'Tan for as long as he could. I am leading three of them away from you Shaper. If I stay out of the trees I can stay ahead of them. When they are far enough away I can return to help with the others. The three may head back when I return., communicates Craze over the link. Three vs two weren't good odds. It didn't take a long life to know that. He also wasn't stupid. If he could lure them far enough away, he might buy time for the others to eliminate the six remaining. Communication and distraction. Now was the distraction time.
Craze will keep trying to lure the three away in the direction of the vines as he flies over them. He'll go just fast enough to keep a healthy distance without losing them.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:31 pm It had an idea. 'Pounce. Follow my directions as I give them. Your safety is paramount and necessary in order for us to deal with the Fyora permanently.'
Pounce!
HP: 2; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Pounce was mostly focused on her own movements, but she could not ignore the voice in her head. "Understood," she managed to push in response, as she kept the best pace she could...
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Scout
HP: 1, LP: 2, Condition: Fine

Seeing Craze's plan in action, Scout followed behind the creatures making sure they didn't split up or turn back.
Stealth at -5: 1d20+13-5 22
So he is only going -1 Movement for the Blending.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Pounce speeds through the forest, crashing through brush in her way, bounding over obstacles and off of trees when making a sharp turn to head towards Shaper D'Tan. Behind her she hears the persistent rampage of her pursuers ... but they aren't getting any closer. Following the Mind's directions she changes course again, though more subtly. Soon Mind sees it's feline companion coming into sight. She's nearly atop the thin shell of thesink hole they had found. Rather than risk her collapsing it and giving the trap away, Mind plucks up Pounce and sets her down on the opposite end of the sinkhole.

Together they set off again. Sometime after the sinkhole's location has been swallowed up by vegetation behind them, they hear a crashing sound. The sound of pursing raptors ceases at that point. It isn't long afterwards they come upon the large form of Meat Shield thrashing through the vegetation.
OOC wrote:Mind and Pounce get 1 HP.

Back at the ruins Craze teases the trio of lizards with his tail feathers as he leads them along. Behind them Scout sneaks after the lot, trailing in their wake. The Fyora soon show signs of growing frustrated with the chase. Craze is clearly too fast for them and it is becoming apparent that they will not be able to catch the bird. Craze realizes that without something to keep them fixated on him, they are likely to break away and join the rest of the pack in pursuit of a target they can actually catch.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Hello, Pounce, Mind, this way!" Meat Shields greets them enthusiastically, looking behind them in the direction they have come from. "Are there any rogues coming that I can kill?"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pounce!
HP: 3; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Pounce skidded to a stop at the sight of Meat Shield. She turned to look behind her, then looked up at the Mind, confusion obvious in her features. "There were- there were a bunch of them, following right along behind me. I don't know where they are- did they fall behind when I got to fly? Something must have happened to them- should we go look?" She turned in place, then turned again- part of her obviously wanted to return to the Shaper's side, but part of her wanted to see where the fyoras had gotten to...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Yes, lets!" exclaims Meat Shield excitedly.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze

Craze could tell the rogues would give up chasing soon. He also realized Scout, wherever it was, and him ween't the greatest fighters. Shaper D'Tan had not made them for that purpose after all. It didn't mean they couldn't hold their own in a fight, but Craze wasn't made for fair fights. He needed some advantage. The vines, if the rogues could be lured through them with sufficient tangling, could give a momentary advantage. Unfortunately, they wee wise to just just his tricks. Plus, he still wasn't terribly great at the yet. These rogues had been around for who knows how long.

Scout was the key. Scout, I have an idea. If you could setup the vines in a trap to snare the rogues and make the area look open we might be able to trick them into getting tangled up. They'll get out fast, but it will let us maybe kill them before they are free. I can try to lead them into the trap., transmits Craze to Scout. He also conveyed an image of the area best setup for this improvised trap.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Scout
HP: 1, LP: 2

Scout looks around at several options.

I don't think I can make the vines trick work. It's doubtful anything I could set would do more than make them annoyed. I think maybe we should lead them into an ambush of the others. Where numbers are on our side.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind
HP: 1, Condition: 1 injury

The mind buzzed silently, internally, thoughts becoming jumbled a moment more even as the other creatures continued to commune through it. It took a moment to inform their shaper about the situation Scout and Craze found themselves in while letting him know that the Fyora that'd been chasing them earlier were taken care of. It also made sure to inform both Pounce and Meatshield of the success of its plan as well, so that they would not expend energy needlessly.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze

Three more rogues coming your way. Heading back from the center of the area., said Craze. He made sure to do a quick fly over of the rogues before heading back in the direction he last figured D'Tan was heading.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

*Ooh! Ambush! Yes, that sounds like an amazing idea!* sends Meat Shield excitedly, the tone of their thoughts giving the impression of their bouncing up and down, ready for action. *Where shall we do it? Shall I hide?*
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Craze circles the ruins. The Rogue Fyora follow him for perhaps another hundred feet before they break away and head off into the forest, following the trampled brush that their fellows had made earlier. Not heading directly towards Pounce, Meat Shield, and Mind. Finding Shaper D'Tan isn't difficult. He isn't much further from where he broke away from D'Tan and Meat Shield to reckon the ruins. There is a path of trampled brush leading away from him, in the direction Pounce had described. No doubt this trail was left by Meat Shield. D'Tan is standing still, looking thoughtfully into the middle distance. When he notices the black avian the youth's dark eyes tilt upwards even though his head does not move.

"Do you think the others will need your help with the Rogues?"
OOC wrote:What is Scout going to do? Stay at the ruins? Head off to support the group that wants to fight the Rogues? Return to D'Tan with Craze?
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Scout
HP: 1, LP: 2

Unsure of what the plan is after the lizard things leave, Scout stays with Craze so neither of them is left alone.

Scout takes the time to show Shaper D'Tan the ruins he saw.