The Archetype Blendarama (Part 9 Complete! On Break!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
EternalPhoenix

Re: The Archetype Blendarama (Two-Fisted Battler of the Occult! Candy-Themed Gimmick Gal! Kinetic 'Splosion Hero!)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

greycrusader wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:23 am Ah, not so much this thread, though you could certainly publish character archetypes/templates if you were so inclined, but you are a skilled and swift enough writer that you should consider doing more with your talent.

All my best.
On my own I am not swift. I am quite slow and irregular, actually. It's the knowledge that people are reading and appreciating my work that lends me motivation to write and write swiftly. Otherwise I'll bog down in a month or two and ADHD off to something else.

But your encouragement gives me overwhelming joy. It's not an emotion I have any practice expressing, really, but I'm very grateful for your words and your faith in me. If I was the type of person who cried easily I would have done so.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Tattooedman

Re: The Archetype Blendarama (Candy-Themed Gimmick Gal! Kinetic 'Splosion Hero! Kinetic Controlling Battlesuit!)

Post by Tattooedman »

Nicely done on the Kinetic Battlesuit. I knew it'd be difficult to fit in most powers that would be associated with that energy type. You built a solid starter character. 👌
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EternalPhoenix

Los Forasteros

Post by EternalPhoenix »

The following five builds aren't, technically, mine. they belong to a friend of mine named Mike. They're a team of starter level Mexican superheroes. He's probably never going to do anything with them, so I converted them to 3E. I wanted people to see them, because I think they're really cool characters. I have retained his comments about them. So uh...enjoy, I guess?
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
EternalPhoenix

Macuahuitl - PL 10

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Macuahuitl - PL 10

Strength 3, Stamina 5, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 4, Intellect 7, Awareness 5, Presence 0

Advantages
Biochemist Inventor (use Treatment for Inventor), Improved Critical: Light Aspect: Damage 12, Improved Critical: Light Dazzle: Cumulative Affliction 12, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 2, Ranged Attack, Skill Mastery: Intimidation, Skill Mastery: Treatment, Startle, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Expertise: Magic 3 (+10), Expertise: Medicine 8 (+15), Insight 5 (+10), Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 5 (+10), Technology 3 (+10), Treatment 8 (+15)

Powers
Ten Rings of Quetzalcoatl (Removable)
. . Flight: Flight 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
. . Immunity: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
. . Protection: Protection 7 (+7 Toughness)
. . Rings Array
. . . . Justice Aspect: Remote Sensing 9 (Affects: 2 Types, inc. Visual, Range: 2 miles)
. . . . Justice Snare: Affliction 12 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Immobile, DC 22; Accurate 2: +4, Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
. . . . Light Aspect: Damage 12 (DC 27, Advantages: Improved Critical; Accurate 2: +4, Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor: close group - Any Light)
. . . . Light Dazzle: Cumulative Affliction 12 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, DC 22, Advantages: Improved Critical; Accurate 2: +4, Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor: close group - Any Light; Limited: to Vision)
. . . . Mercy Aspect: Healing 12 (Feature: Regrowth, Persistent)
. . . . Wind Aspect: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 20, Indirect 4: any point, any direction)
. . . . Wind Control: Move Object 8 (6 tons; Increased Range: perception, Precise, Subtle: subtle)
. . . . Wind Teleport: Teleport 8 (1 mile in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.; Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Subtle: subtle, Turnabout)

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 13)
Justice Snare: Affliction 12, +8 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 22)
Light Aspect: Damage 12, +8 (DC 27)
Light Dazzle: Cumulative Affliction 12, +8 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 22)
Throw, +4 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 18)
Wind Aspect: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Wind Control: Move Object 8 (DC 18)

Languages
English, Nahuatl, Spanish Native

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 7, Toughness 12, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 43 + Advantages 13 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 150

****************************************************************************************************(
Mike wrote:Design Notes:

Dr. Maria Flores is a native of Merida - the largest city in the Yucatan in southern Mexico. Born into affluence, Flores spent most of her childhood and adolescence planning to get out of Merida. She would go to medical school like her father, but she wouldn't waste her time on humanitarian projects - she was going to move to Mexico City, or the States, and become a leading surgeon or medical researcher. In her last year of medical school, however, the brutal murder of her parents by a car bomb outside their home changed her plans - especially since it came just after yet another argument with her father about her career. She headed back to Merida and took her father's old position at Reytoro Pharmaceuticals, a branch of Freedom City's own Grant Conglomerates. It didn't take her long to realize the real murderers of her parents - executives from Reytoro covering up clandestine medical testing on impoverished Mayan families in the Yucatan. She gathered evidence and turned in Reytoro to the police, but an attack by 'narcotraficantes', really hired goons, on her limo as she rode home told her that the police couldn't be trusted either. She fled her burning car into the jungle, where she ran and ran for what felt like hours, until she fell into a sinkhole. Dazed and injured, suffering from dehydration, she had a vision of Quetzacoatl, the feathered serpent - who offered her the power to be a new champion of justice and mercy for her people. She took his paw and found on her fingers ten obsidian rings...

And then woke up, healed and refreshed, in her apartment in Merida! She took the name Macuahuitl, after the obsidian sword used by Mayan warriors centuries earlier, and has begun a one-woman war on crime in southern Mexico, her costume disguising her gender, ethnicity, and even the source of her powers. She prefers to let the world believe that she is a battlesuit user rather than a mystic ringbearer, acutely aware of how little she actually knows about magic (even with occasional advice from the friendlier members of the Aztec pantheon), and not wanting to get caught up in a struggle she doesn't understand. In person Maria is a short, square-faced young woman in her late twenties, with black hair she keeps closely cropped. She works as a free clinic doctor in Merida these days, working every other day so she can spend her nights fighting crime.

OK, so I wanted to make a Mexican superhero for a while now - and my desire to build a ringbearer along the lines of Marvel's Mandarin all came together to help me build Macuahuitl. I liked the idea of making her a Tony Stark/Mandarin mashup, albeit in her case she's a physician and chemist before she is a mechanic. I went ahead and just made the rings a hard to lose device, with the idea that they mystically stay close together - albeit not necessarily with her. Her rings make her something of a howitzer, throwing out long-distance punishment of various kinds (all drawn from Quetzacoatl's powers) while at the same time taking big hits herself. Her biggest weakness, given the amount of thugs she fights, is her lack of Impervious - but that's where judicious use of ESP (for scouting), Teleport (for a stealthy arrival), and then a big, flashy attack pumped up by a well-placed Startle helps get the job done. I think as written she'd be pretty fun to play.
EternalPhoenix

El Monstro - PL 10

Post by EternalPhoenix »

El Monstro - PL 10

Strength 11, Stamina -, Agility 1, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 5

Advantages
Animal Empathy, Fascinate (Deception), Languages 2, Startle, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+9), Deception 10 (+15), Expertise: History 4 (+4), Expertise: Theology 4 (+4), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 8 (+15), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+10)

Powers
Hulked-Out (Activation: Free Action)
. . Buys Off Source Flaws On Regeneration and Immortality: Feature 3
. . Growth: Growth 4 (+4 STR, +4 Tough, +2 Intimidate, -4 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +1 size rank, +4 mass ranks)
. . Hulking Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (+6 STR; Limited to Lifting)
. . . . Leaping: Leaping 6 (Alternate; Leap 500 feet at 120 miles/hour)
. . Protection: Protection 5 (+5 Toughness; Impervious)

Vampire Powers
. . Blood Drain: Weaken 2 (Affects: Stamina, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 12; Grab-based)
. . Immortality: Immortality 2 (Return after 1 week; Source: Blood/Radiation)
. . Immunity: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects)
. . Protection: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds; Source: Blood/Radiation)
. . Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision)

Offense
Initiative +1
Blood Drain: Weaken 2, +5 (DC Fort 12)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 21)
Throw, +0 (DC 26)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 26)

Languages
English, Hungarian, Spanish Native

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 13, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 72 + Advantages 7 + Skills 26 (51 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 150

***************************************************************************************************

El Monstro has been active as the defender of northern Mexico for many years - accounts of deeds began circulating in the early 1960s, but he was not filmed, recorded, and interviewed until the late 1970s. A hulking brute who stands a towering eight feet tall, with bright red skin and jutting fangs, he's nonetheless a jovial, much-loved figure who flirts with the ladies, jests with the men, and is a fierce, determined opponent of evil on both sides of the American and Mexican border. He is cagey about his past, simply saying that "he has been all things to all men, and to some very lucky ladies!", but his partnerships with both the Centurion and El Spectro have cemented him as a trustworthy, reliable hero. A few people are aware that El Monstro is actually Rafael Herrera, recurring guest performer on telenovelas, who has played both villain and hero in his acting career.

The truth is that El Monstro is far older than he seems. Rafael Herrera was born in 1882 in Mexico City, where the handsome young man soon became an actor, finding a niche playing courtly Old World aristocrats like those of the 1600s and 1700s. Unfortunately for Rafael, he was far too convincing in the role, and was soon wooed and won by an ancient lady with a youthful face who enjoyed the way he emulated the men she'd known her youth. Transformed into a vampire in 1917, he took well enough to his new role, playing the part of the courtly nobleman who defended the people that were his to defend, as was his right. But only a few years after his transformation, he was forced to flee into the United States with his maker after their home was destroyed during the Mexican Revolution. But there was an error in shipping; his coffin was sent to a lonely railroad stop in the desert, and then finally abandoned there when the land was bought by the government, then converted into an atomic testing range!

He awoke in his coffin as he felt a wash of energy suffuse his form, digging his way madly out through the sand only to discover overhead the bright light of day! Blinking back surprise, he held up one giant hand and realized that he himself had been transformed into a terrible hulking brute! It was easy enough to satiate his hunger on a passing deer, once he'd bounded away from the blast area, but his new condition left him horrified. What was he to do with a body like this, even if he was far stronger and more durable than he had ever been even as a vampire? He might have sought his own death, but his transformation at dusk back to his vampire form showed he'd been given no curse, but a gift of great price. He could walk in the nighttime as a vampire that looked like a man - and in the daylight as well, if he was willing to bear the curse of what he was on his face. And if he did wear that red, monstrous face, he was freed even from his bloody hungers for a day. How could he repay the world for such a gift?

His arrival in Veracruz in 1964 during an attack by SHADOW told him that the people needed a defender and guardian just as they once had - and once he learned of the new age of heroes, he realized his secret was safe. If people assumed he was a man hiding one monstrous secret, they would not look closely for any more. Perhaps this was finally his chance to be the hero he'd pretended to be for so very long. He operated in secret for a while, building his cover identity, and moved in once he was sure he would be safe. A vigorous foe of narcotraficantes, rampaging Aztec gods, and even his fellow vampires when they threaten humanity, El Monstro is quite a man...though he wonders what he will do if ever he meets his maker again.

El Monstro should be played as Carlos Villarías cast in the Incredible Hulk, with the idea that he is Zorro at least as much as he is Dracula. If you were so inclined, it would not be hard to switch his INT and CHA, shuffle some skills and feats around, and make him more Vampire Hulk than Hulking Vampire...
Gilliam

Re: Mind Controlling Musician - PL 10

Post by Gilliam »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:02 pm Mind Controlling Musician - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Defensive Roll 6, Improved Initiative, Seize Initiative, Taunt

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+10), Deception 12 (+15), Expertise (PRE): Singing 7 (+10), Expertise: Acoustics 7 (+10), Expertise: Pop Culture 7 (+10), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation 2 (+5), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+10), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 7 (+10)

Powers
Compelling Song: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Perception Area: DC 20 - Hearing, Cumulative, Increased Duration 2: sustained; Instant Recovery, Sense-dependent: Hearing)

Offense
Initiative +6
Compelling Song: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 15)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 5, Toughness 8/2, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 40 + Advantages 9 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Defenses 26 = 150

***************************************************************************************************

Requested by Gilliam. This week's posts are every other day, because work will be busy and ugh. If next week is better, I can accelerate to every day again.

Thank you for the Musician, it has given me some ideas.
EternalPhoenix

El Spectro - PL 10

Post by EternalPhoenix »

El Spectro - PL 10

Strength 7, Stamina 7, Agility 7, Dexterity 3, Fighting 9, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Agile Feint, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 2, Power Attack, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Skill Mastery: Athletics, Skill Mastery: Insight, Skill Mastery: Intimidation, Skill Mastery: Perception, Startle, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+15), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+13), Insight 12 (+15), Intimidation 12 (+15), Perception 12 (+15), Persuasion 7 (+10), Stealth 3 (+10)

Powers
El Spectro is No Ordinary Man!
. . Immunity: Immunity 1 (Aging)
. . Speed: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 17)
Throw, +3 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +13 (DC 22)

Languages
English, Nahuatl Native, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 10, Toughness 7, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 82 + Powers 2 + Advantages 17 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 150

WHO is a warrior for justice in his homeland while at the same time never forgetting where it is he came from? El Spectro!
WHO is among the greatest superheroes of Latin America, a champion of the poor against the power of the landowners? El Spectro!
WHO do the children love, the women coo over, and the men wish they could be like? El Spectro!
WHO fights in a mask and cape with his gigantic pecs exposed simply for love of the lucha libre? El Spectro!

He debuted in the early 1940s, fate and circumstance making him Mexico's first superhero. Reading accounts of the masked marvels in the United States, he realized he was a champion fighter and master in the ring, who was to say he could not fight for justice outside it? And since he already had the cape and mask, well, perhaps it was a sign from God above!

WHO has battled vampire women, Aztec mummies, zombies, mad scientists and corrupt generals, all in his effort to battle for the people? El Spectro!
WHO fights with his skill, cunning, and warrior fierceness against all comers in the name of truth, justice, and the honor of the lucha? El Spectro!
WHO has inspired a legacy of masked heroism in Mexico and across Latin America? El Spectro!

He's ninety-five now but hasn't aged since the late 1940s. He's not sure if it's an effect of all the magical bad guys he's fought over the years, some mad scientist's chemicals he might have been exposed to, whether or not he was always a mutant, or just a blessing from God. All he knows is that someone has to defend the people of Mexico, even if all they have is a man's strength, a man's courage, and a man's honor. And someone has to train the next generation! He's had heirs, proteges, successors, but the man himself has always returned - head of the vast Spectro family of street-level heroes across Mexico.

WHO has taught many of the greatest martial artists of the world not only the path to win, but the path to VICTORY? El Spectro!
WHO has embraced all of good mankind, and many monsters, as his brothers and sisters? El Spectro!
WHO is the Centurion of Mexico? No one! The Centurion was the El Spectro of America!

I have, if anything, undersold El Spectro! - this is closer to his animated series incarnation than the martial artist and wrestling demigod that he is. This is Wildcat!El Spectro!, not Captain America/Batman!El Spectro. A full conversation should be closer to PL 12 or 13, with all the grapple-related feats. This build would work for El Spectro! early in his career, or a protege or successor to his long and storied title. El Spectro, Eternal!
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
EternalPhoenix

Re: The Archetype Blendarama (Candy-Themed Gimmick Gal! Kinetic 'Splosion Hero! Kinetic Controlling Battlesuit!)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Tattooedman wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:37 am Nicely done on the Kinetic Battlesuit. I knew it'd be difficult to fit in most powers that would be associated with that energy type. You built a solid starter character. 👌
Thank you.
Gilliam wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:59 am Thank you for the Musician, it has given me some ideas.
You're welcome. If you have any questions on my thought process, please ask.
greycrusader

Re: The Archetype Blendarama (Los Forasteros! Macuahuitl! El Monstro! El Spectro!)

Post by greycrusader »

Nice job on the El Santo stand-in; people don’t realize Mexico has a thriving pop culture all its own, which includes superheroes. In fact, Mexico and the Philippines have done more with the genre than our Canadian counterparts (whose home grown comics industry entered the doldrums after WWII).

All my best.
EternalPhoenix

Re: The Archetype Blendarama (Los Forasteros! Macuahuitl! El Monstro! El Spectro!)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

greycrusader wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:50 am Nice job on the El Santo stand-in; people don’t realize Mexico has a thriving pop culture all its own, which includes superheroes. In fact, Mexico and the Philippines have done more with the genre than our Canadian counterparts (whose home grown comics industry entered the doldrums after WWII).

All my best.
Thanks. I thought I did a good job on the conversion, but pelase keep in mind my inital post:
EternalPhoenix wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:29 am The following five builds aren't, technically, mine. they belong to a friend of mine named Mike. They're a team of starter level Mexican superheroes. He's probably never going to do anything with them, so I converted them to 3E. I wanted people to see them, because I think they're really cool characters. I have retained his comments about them. So uh...enjoy, I guess?
EternalPhoenix

Camazotz - PL 10

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Camazotz - PL 10

Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 5, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Advantages
Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical: Bat Strike: Strength-based Damage 7, Improved Initiative, Languages 2, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Skill Mastery: Deception, Skill Mastery: Intimidation, Skill Mastery: Stealth, Startle, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+10), Deception 8 (+10), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 13 (+15), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 7 (+10), Ranged Combat: Bat Blast: Damage 7 11 (+13), Sleight of Hand 8 (+10), Stealth 10 (+15), Technology 3 (+5)

Powers
Camazotz Suit (Removable)
. . Concealment: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Passive)
. . Flight: Flight 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round; Subtle: subtle)
. . God of Bats Array
. . . . Bat Blast: Damage 7 (DC 22; Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Bat Cone Blast: Cone Area Damage 7 (DC 22; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 17)
. . . . Bat Strike: Strength-based Damage 7 (DC 27, Advantages: Improved Critical; Penetrating 6)
. . Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)

Offense
Initiative +9
Bat Blast: Damage 7, +13 (DC 22)
Bat Cone Blast: Cone Area Damage 7 (DC 22)
Bat Strike: Strength-based Damage 7, +8 (DC 27)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 15)
Throw, +2 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 20)

Languages
Chinese (Mandarin), English Native, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 64 + Powers 20 + Advantages 12 + Skills 35 (70 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 150

*****************************************************************************************************

Iris Wu, aka Camazotz, doesn't actually try and pass herself off as the Mayan bat god, at least, not anymore. As a new hero a few years ago, a highly-trained government agent on the run from a shadowy conspiracy with roots deep in the corridors of power (a surprisingly common story, in Mexico and elsewhere), hiding in plain sight as Tijuana's first native superhero, she may have let a few thugs BELIEVE she was Camazotz reborn...but the legend has grown nicely among the population of one of Mexico's fastest-growing cities, letting fear among the criminal element doing far more than one Chinese-Mexican woman in body armor could ever have hoped to do on her own. Tijuana is a city with a cartel problem, a problem with criminal American tourists, and a problem with predators exploiting the city's many illegal border crossovers - but Camazotz is _their_ problem. She's smart and sneaky, relying on stealth and intimidation to strike fear into the heart of Tijuana's criminals, disguising the fact that she is all-too-human inside a skintight set of armor designed for assassins rather than superheroes.

Iris is no Raven or Midnight, but she makes do, functioning a lot like Black Widow wearing the Batman Beyond armor. (I think she'd be pretty playable as such, as written) She is responsible for the name of Mexico's current super-team, albeit accidentally - a few years ago, a Grue Arcane who had taken on the form of Hernan Cortez (it was a long story) demanded to know why a team of Mexican heroes had rallied to defend the Chinese-Mexican community of Camazotz's own Tijuana. In a moment of fury, she announced, "Fool, I am an outsider too!" It was a moment of weakness from a Chinese-Mexican herself...one supported immediately by no less a figure than El Spectro himself! "And I am an outsider!" he called, and then El Monstro agreed with his booming laugh, and soon the Outsiders, Los Forasteros were born. Given the rocky relationship Mexico's heroes sometimes have with their government and society, the name has stuck.

Meanwhile, down in the Underworld, Camazotz sees what she does and smiles as he toys with the head of another long-dead shade. He likes the idea of his name still inspiring fear among mortals, even worship by those who admire the mysterious heroine. Who knows - perhaps if enough people in Tijuana praise his name, he will once again be able to walk the world of men. And if not, well, perhaps he can find his own ways of paying his namesake a visit, just to see if she's worthy of the mantle of the Bat...
greycrusader

Re: The Archetype Blendarama (Los Forasteros! Macuahuitl! El Monstro! El Spectro! Camazotz!)

Post by greycrusader »

I've long had an interest in Mexican superheroes, so thanks for writing these up on behalf of your friend. Interestingly, I made a reference to a hero known as Devil Bat's Daughter when I wrote up the origin of Mother Moonlight, a villain who appears in Rogues Gallery and Star-Crossed, by Green Ronin.

All my best.
EternalPhoenix

La Tiradora - PL 10

Post by EternalPhoenix »

La Tiradora - PL 10

Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Initiative, Languages 1, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Skill Mastery: Insight, Skill Mastery: Perception, Skill Mastery: Stealth, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 11 (+15), Athletics 5 (+10), Insight 8 (+10), Investigation 5 (+5), Perception 8 (+10), Ranged Combat: Enhanced Magnetic Control 11 (+15), Sleight of Hand 1 (+5), Stealth 11 (+15), Technology 5 (+5), Vehicles 1 (+5)

Powers
Bow (Easily Removable)
. . Enhanced Magnetic Control (all AEs of Magnetic Control)
. . . . Shot Style 1: Feature 1 (Notes: Damage 5 (Improved Range, Multiattack, Penetrating 5))
. . . . Shot Style 2: Feature 1 (Notes: Damage 5 (Improved Range, Multiattack, Improved Crit 2, Indirect 3, Variable Descriptor 1 [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing]))
. . . . Shot Style 3: Feature 1 (Notes: Damage 5 (Area [Burst], Improved Range, Selective))
. . . . Shot Style 4: Feature 1 (Notes: Affliction 5 ([Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile] Alternate Resistance [Dodge], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Improved Range, Limited Degree))
. . . . Shot Style 5: Feature 1 (Notes: Affliction 5 (Fort Resist [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated] Cumulative, Improved Range, Penetrating 5))

Enhanced Advantages: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Defensive Roll 2; Subtle: subtle)

Flight: Flight 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round; Subtle: subtle)

Magnetic Control: Move Object 6 (3200 lbs., DC 21; Damaging, Increased Range: perception, Indirect: fixed point, directed away, Subtle: subtle; Limited Material: Metal)

Offense
Initiative +8
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 15)
Magnetic Control: Move Object 6 (DC 21)
Shot Style 1: Damage 5, +15 (DC 20)
Shot Style 2: Damage 5, +15 (DC 20)
Shot Style 3: Burst Area Damage 5 (DC 20)
Shot Style 4: Affliction 5, +15 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 15)
Shot Style 5: Affliction 5, +15 (DC Fort 15)
Throw, +4 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 20)

Languages
English, Spanish Native

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7/5, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 29 + Advantages 10 + Skills 33 (66 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 150

*****************************************************************************************************

La Tiradora is, or was, the latest in a long line of challengers to El Spectro. Esmeralda Romero de Terreros, the daughter of a noble family with roots stretching far back in Mexican history, was an Olympian archer at London when a terrorist attack by Guy Fawkes caused her magnetic powers to erupt in a spectacularly public fashion. Acclaimed as a national hero, hailed by the Mexican right as an exemplar of good Catholic womanhood, she went home to Mexico as its newest superhero, determined to outshine the old, soft El Spectro and help her family build a new Mexico free of corruption, sentimentality, and the coddling of inferiors that had held the nation back for so long. But then came the day that her father, El Hierro Duque, moved against the Mexican government - and revealed himself (in the final confrontation in the Bosque de Chapultepec) as a pawn of Overshadow, planning to make Mexico his puppet nation! As the other Forasteros battled the Duke's hired super-thugs, as he explained to her that now they could build a Mexico _truly_ free of the inferiors just as they'd wanted for so long...she put an arrow through his eye. Though El Spectro offered her a place on the team once it was done, she fled into the night and acts now as a solo operative in Mexico City - hunting criminals and terrorists with fanatical devotion to the cause...but what IS the cause, now that everything she has ever believed in has been proven to be a lie? La Tiradora is posed on the edge of either hero or villain, depending on where fate takes her.

OK, so inspired by (other friend)'s use of Jeremy Renner as a magnetic controller a while back, here's an archer with magnetic powers - sure she 'cheats' by use of ferrous materials in her arrows, but she's still a world-class marksman and archer in her own right. Her powers are a supplement to her strong training, giving her something to stunt off and an unexpected hole card. She can make great acrobatic 'leaps' and run along walls in a faux-parkour style, as well as detect hidden metals and use them to her advantage. As the epitome of a Badass Abnormal, I think she'd be pretty fun to play - even with a backstory that makes her one of the most complicated of Mexico's heroes...
EternalPhoenix

Re: The Archetype Blendarama (Los Forasteros! Macuahuitl! El Monstro! El Spectro! Camazotz!)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

greycrusader wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:18 am I've long had an interest in Mexican superheroes, so thanks for writing these up on behalf of your friend. Interestingly, I made a reference to a hero known as Devil Bat's Daughter when I wrote up the origin of Mother Moonlight, a villain who appears in Rogues Gallery and Star-Crossed, by Green Ronin.

All my best.
I have a Canadian team that needs to be fully named, a bunch of not all connected Europeans who need names and all their builds finished, and a bunch of Mexicans in the same boat as the Euros. It's gonna be a long while before they make their Phoenixverse debut. A very long while.
EternalPhoenix

Gunslinging Gadgeteer - PL 10

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Gunslinging Gadgeteer - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 5, Dexterity 3, Fighting 4, Intellect 5, Awareness 5, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Move-by Action, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Skill Mastery: Technology, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 10 (+15), Expertise: Science 10 (+15), Insight 5 (+10), Perception 5 (+10), Ranged Combat: Revolvers 4 (+7), Technology 10 (+15)

Powers
Cowgirl Costume (Removable)
. . Fastest Hands In The West: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Improved Initiative, Quick Draw)
. . Armor: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)
. . Desert Survival Gear: Immunity 15 (Life Support, Sensory Affliction Effects; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Power Lifting: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR; Limited to Lifting)
. . Rocket Roller Skates: Speed 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
. . Shielding: Enhanced Trait 10 (Traits: Dodge +4 (+12), Parry +4 (+12), Advantages: Evasion 2)

Revolvers (Removable)
. . Revolvers
. . . . Armor-Piercing Revolver: Damage 8 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 8)
. . . . Automatic Revolver: Damage 8 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . . . Explosive Shell Revolver: Burst Area Damage 8 (DC 23; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 18, Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Indestructible Net Revolver: Cumulative Affliction 8 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Immobile, DC 18; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
. . . . Long Range Revolver
. . . . . . Long Rang Scope: Senses 3 (Linked; Extended: Vision 1: x10, Infravision, Ultravision)
. . . . . . Long Range Revolver: Damage 8 (Linked; DC 23; Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged, Precise)
. . . . Neural Scramble Revolver: Cumulative Affliction 8 (1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobile, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Stun Shock Revolver: Cumulative Affliction 8 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)

Offense
Initiative +9
Armor-Piercing Revolver: Damage 8, +12 (DC 23)
Automatic Revolver: Damage 8, +12 (DC 23)
Explosive Shell Revolver: Burst Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 10)
Indestructible Net Revolver: Cumulative Affliction 8, +12 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 18)
Long Range Revolver: Damage 8, +12 (DC 23)
Neural Scramble Revolver: Cumulative Affliction 8, +12 (DC Will 18)
Stun Shock Revolver: Cumulative Affliction 8, +12 (DC Fort 18)
Throw, +8 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 15)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 12/8, Parry 12/8, Fortitude 5, Toughness 8/6, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 50 + Advantages 17 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 150

No more Mexican superheroes from Mike. Back to your regularly scheduled builds that are 100% my idea. This lady is festooned with seven different revolvers of her own design and a fancy costume.