Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
greycrusader

Re: Ozymandias

Post by greycrusader »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:34 pm
greycrusader wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:10 pm
I actually meant to comment on Ozymandias as well, given how good a job you did on giving a detailed description of the panels where he displays his combat skills. I'm not completely sure I'd put him up there quite as high as you did; as I mentioned before, the big problem with translating the characters into rpg terms is that we we never get to see much of them in action. Dan and Laurie wipe the floor with no-name thugs wielding blades and chains, Rorschach gets brought down by a riot squad (but only after his leg is injured in a fall), so just how good are they in the era of the story? Ozymandias easily avoids their attacks, but Dan is out of condition and way out of practice while Rorschach had been living rough for years. Adrian dominated the Comedian (who had to be PL 8 in some respects, given his 40 + year career), but Blake was semi-drunk and in his early sixties.

All my best.
It's difficult, but I had to give Adrian a high PL once I'd placed Dan & Rorshach around PL 7 (they DO handily finish off mooks without a scratch, which even in a realistic setting is impressive- Rorschach is able to improvise stuff out of common household items to fend off several SWAT team members, too- sheer persistence and careful tactics, like blocking off a stairwell so they have to attack him one at a time, also helps). The thing was, the fight against Ozymandias isn't even CLOSE- he easily avoids everything they do and wipes the floor with them. And then he catches a friggin' bullet- though most PL 8-10 superheroes can easily avoid bullets (I've seen Gambit full-on deflect them back at Forge by spinning his staff, an obviously impossible feat in real life), you don't see many of them just catch them in mid-air. He just kind of needed super-high defensive stats to justify any of that, and a high enough PL that two PL 7s were easily beaten.
Yes, definitely understand where you're coming from, as he just utterly walks all over the other non-supers in the finale, though Laurie frankly could have just shot him from behind if she had kept her temper (or just pumped another few bullets into Ozymandias while he was prone, out of caution-I LOVE that bit in Scream 3). Basically (and leaving aside the INT-skills and wealth), I see Adrian as someone on Daredevil's level in athletics and combat; DD never caught a bullet with his hands, but does deflect them with his club. Hand to hand, he'd lose to Batman (he's likely faster, but Bruce has fought WAY tougher opponents and won) but give him a good fight, and would go down hard to Captain America, though Cap would be pulling his punches...until he decided to put Ozy down. I could see him being a match for Danny Rand until Danny breaks out the Iron Fist powers, and nearly match Shang-Chi (again, Shang just has too much experience fighting near-equal foes to lose to Adrian). But yeah-an accuracy/defense shifted PL 10 or a PL 9 with all sorts of cap-modifying probably about nails it.

All my best.

PS: Good lord, the Marvel UK art was damn unattractive!
Jabroniville

The Undertaker

Post by Jabroniville »

THE UNDERTAKER (Josiah Carker)
Created By:
Simon Furman & Lee Sullivan
First Appearance: Death's Head #3 (Feb. 1989)
Role: Crimeboss
Group Affiliations: None

-Yes, a guy with a zombie undertaker gimmick, and a YEAR before Mark Callaway debuted that gimmick in the WWF! The Undertaker was a crime-boss in the year 8162 who opposed the original Death's Head, as the "Freelance Peackeeping Agent" was hired to kill Undertaker's prime agent, Plaguedog, and tried to lure him out by killing many of the Taker's lieutenants. Annoyed, Undertaker tried to have Death's Head's partner Spratt killed, but Spratt killed Plaguedog instead. To save face, Undertaker hired Big Shot to kill the heroes, but he also failed- the Undertaker was never seen again.
Jabroniville

Big Shot

Post by Jabroniville »

BIG SHOT (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Simon Furman & Lee Sullivan
First Appearance: Death's Head #4 (March 1989)
Role: Crazy Guy
'90s Ratio: 7/10 (insane; gun for an arm)

-A constantly drooling black guy from the 80th century, Big Shot was encountered by the original Death's Head, having been hired by The Undertaker to kill him. However, he inadvertently saved the hero twice via huge explosions, blasting stuff so his ship was now light enough to land safely on one occasion, and then blasting him free from an explosion on another. He later got involved in a four-way match between Death's Head, Short Fuse & Photofit, surviving when the other two villains were killed by an explosion. He returns to brawl with Death's Head the next year, but after several issues, is seen lying face-down after Pyra, who had been leading him to Death's Head, spared the hero for some reason.

-Big Shot is a very strong character, able to brawl with Death's Head over several issues and survive nearby explosions. One of his hands is also a powerful Laser Cannon.
Bonnacon

Post by Bonnacon »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:34 pm ... And then he catches a friggin' bullet- though most PL 8-10 superheroes can easily avoid bullets (I've seen Gambit full-on deflect them back at Forge by spinning his staff, an obviously impossible feat in real life), you don't see many of them just catch them in mid-air. He just kind of needed super-high defensive stats to justify any of that, and a high enough PL that two PL 7s were easily beaten.
Are you modeling the bullet-catch as just a really high Dodge? The build doesn't call it out explicitly.

I would have guessed that if Laurie had fired repeatedly, he couldn't have just kept catching the shots, and would have been hosed if someone used an SMG on him. If that is true, how would you model it in M&M? But, regardless, he must have a really high Dodge since he managed to interpose a mirrored plate just right to reflect Dan's laser before Dan could trigger it, move out of the way, and then smash Dan's nose with the plate (as a frisbee) before Dan could move the laser back on target. Geesh...
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Bonnacon wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:29 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:34 pm ... And then he catches a friggin' bullet- though most PL 8-10 superheroes can easily avoid bullets (I've seen Gambit full-on deflect them back at Forge by spinning his staff, an obviously impossible feat in real life), you don't see many of them just catch them in mid-air. He just kind of needed super-high defensive stats to justify any of that, and a high enough PL that two PL 7s were easily beaten.
Are you modeling the bullet-catch as just a really high Dodge? The build doesn't call it out explicitly.

I would have guessed that if Laurie had fired repeatedly, he couldn't have just kept catching the shots, and would have been hosed if someone used an SMG on him. If that is true, how would you model it in M&M? But, regardless, he must have a really high Dodge since he managed to interpose a mirrored plate just right to reflect Dan's laser before Dan could trigger it, move out of the way, and then smash Dan's nose with the plate (as a frisbee) before Dan could move the laser back on target. Geesh...
Yeah, just a high dodge. I mean any way you tank a bullet and don't die is either toughness or dodge, and I don't really go with Deflect since it's just one shot. Mechanically you COULD, but Deflect is more about dodging bullets targeted at people behind you or being the baseline for a "Reflect/Redirection" power-concept.

And yeah, Adrian's high stats are mostly reflected in just how he seems to move so fast the others can't even react in time. Laurie's gunshot is one of the more "Well if she'd just..." moments, but it kind of fits the characters. Adrian in particular has to think fast AND falls down bloodied from the bullet, which is what makes Laurie stop. If he'd just caught it and charged her she could have gotten more in, so him selling death, thus making her stop and actually get close enough to inspect things was another smart move on his part.

But yeah, going "Veidt... you're an asshole" to draw his notice was a bad tactical move (to be fair, she was never a gunfighter-hero), though it seems hard to believe she could get the drop on him considering how nobody else manages to.
Jabroniville

Photofit

Post by Jabroniville »

PHOTOFIT (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Simon Furman & Bryan Hitch
First Appearance: Death's Head #7 (June 1989)
Role: Evil Shapeshifter, One-Off Foe
'90s Ratio: 2/10 (laser gun)

-Photofit was a shapeshifter whose default form was a "blank slate" humanoid with no features- he typically killed people he'd swapped places with, but this wasn't necessary for his powers to work. He was being targetted by Death's Head, but the fight was stopped by the arrival of Big Shot & Short Fuse, who'd been hired to kill DH themselves. Photofit had by this point taken the place of a contestant on a game show, so DH's sidekick Spratt took him on. Photofit revealed himself as he was about to lose, but then the fighters arrived. Photofit decided to escape by turning into Death's Head himself, but was thus targetted by Short Fuse, who activated a grenade. When Photofit revealed the deception to stop him, Short Fuse was so stunned that his grenade went off in his hand, killing both of them.

-Photofit was a shapeshifter with a laser gun, but otherwise appeared to be no match for actual serious competition.
Jabroniville

Short Fuse

Post by Jabroniville »

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix6/shortfusedc.htm

SHORT FUSE (Sol Hexam)
Created By:
Simon Furman & Bryan Hitch
First Appearance: Death's Head #7 (June 1989)
Role: Bounty Hunter
'90s Ratio: 5/10 (gun-wielding bounty hunter)

-Short Fuse was an odd character thrown in to muck up a Death's Head mission even further- he was hired by crimeboss Dead Cert to discredit the Undertaker, who wanted Death's Head murdered. And so Cert hired on a bounty hunter of his own in the bomb-throwing Short Fuse. However, the villain was comically inept- Death's Head's ship survived one explosion (thanks to Big Shot blowing up a part of it, reducing its load), then Short Fuse ended up fighting Photofit, who'd shapeshifted into a copy of DH. When the deception was revealed, Short Fuse was so stunned that his bomb went off in his hand, killing both of them.

-Short Fuse was a generic bomb-throwing mercenary.
Jabroniville

Lupex

Post by Jabroniville »

LUPEX (Ty Rejutka)
Created By:
Simon Furman & Geoff Senior
First Appearance: Strip #13 (Aug. 1990)
Role: Powerful Entity, Big Bad (to Death's Head)
'90s Ratio: 4/10 (weird backstory)

-Lupex is an integral part of Death's Head's origin story, being the reason he exists. He was a powerful being that was constantly burning out host bodies, needing new ones ever faster as he grew more powerful. Seeking a permanent one, he built an android body that resembled him. He took a consort named Pyra, but she was so repulsed by his appearance that she took a lover named Klu- enraged, Lupex murdered Klu and took over his body. Infuriated, Pyra then infused the Death's Head android with its own personality, and a clinical approach to death, realizing that this would make it reject Lupex's possession. She engineered a conflict between the two even after the android was stolen by other forces, and Death's Head learned of his own creation- Pyra then brought one to the other in a strange world which rapidly switched between "Magic Zones" and "Techno Zones" where one or the other would gain power- DH was initially hampered in the Magic Zone, losing all power, but hid out until the Techno Zone took over. Lupex rapidly lost cohesion in his physical form, but kept the advantage. DH tracked which Zones were active when, and even though near-death in a Magic Zone, waited until just the right time to lash out as the Techno Zone returned, skewering Lupex, then finishing him off.

-Lupex was immensely powerful at both Magic & technology, but had to configure each separately. He had Laser Blasters, Claws and other things, and was more powerful than Death's Head, but constantly felt the need to "hunt" things and was lured into a spot where he'd be disadvantaged temporarily.
Davies

Re: Lupex

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:50 pm Image
... next time someone tells me that you can't go over the top in supers, Imma show them this.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Dr. Evelyn Necker

Post by Jabroniville »

You'll never guess which design is rooted in the 1990s.

DR. EVELYN NECKER
Created By:
Dan Abnett & Liam Sharp
First Appearance: Death's Head II #1 (March 1992)
Role: Sexy Doctor, The Hero's Boss
Group Affiliations: Advanced Idea Mechanics
PL 6 (84)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+4)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 5 (+12)
Investigation 3 (+4)
Perception 2 (+3)
Technology 6 (+13)
Treatment 2 (+9)
Vehicles 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Laser Gun +5- Multiattack, Time Machine- Time Travel 3), Inventor, Ranged Attack 4

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Guns +6 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (Death's Head II)- When the cyborg warrior learns just how duplicitous his former boss is, he decides she needs to be taught a lesson.
Obsession (Inventions)- Dr. Necker is so laser-focused on her inventions, either for the sake of creation or to prove herself to her bosses, that she will engage in ethical lapses (including murder) and careless planning just to see her work completed. This often comes back to bite her, as her inventions go out of control.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (84)

-Okay, this one is REALLY weird- among the more inexplicable characters of Marvel UK, Dr. Necker is Death's Head II's boss AND creator, coming along for a ton of his missions and being responsible for a lot of things that happens, but instead of just being a regular boss/inventor she's also a giant sexpot/Miss Fanservice always decked out in kinky outfits and she's also maybe evil? And then Dan Abnett goes and makes her a recurring character in Nova fifteen years later, lol.

-So Dr. Necker is a member of A.I.M. in the distant future (like... 2020) of "our Earth" (ie. now it has a designation as an alternate Earth), and created the "Minion" cyborg project, which A.I.M. funds because their precognitive division has perceived a threat which will destroy them all. She appears as a somewhat regular boss at first, having created the Minion and programmed him to go out and copy the minds of 106 of the deadliest people in the world so he'd be a spectacular warrior- however, he goes haywire when he assimiliates Death's Head, and she & Reed Richards have to figure out how to fix things- bringing that robot's mind to the forefront to calm the cyborg down. Dr. Necker crushes on Reed, saying it was wonderful to meet him, and they're off... leading to Baron Strucker V becoming "Charnel" and taking over the body of the original Death's Head, threatening all existence with his absorptive powers. Death's Head II then abandons her, and calls Necker out on her responsibility for all this, pointing out the Minion co-opting Death's Head's personality left the body for Charnel to threaten all reality.

-Various Death's Head II spin-offs detail the origins of the Minion cyborg, and we learn that she cut corners so as to keep her funding (using a car's combustion engine instead of a cold fusion or nuclear power source) and required "Bio-Organics" and so SHOT AND KILLED a homeless alcoholic and put his brain into Minion. This of course results in a Minion that's a violent alcoholic, who swipes a time machine and goes to get a drink, making Necker look like a moron. This guy becomes "Death Wreck" and escapes with a human companion after Necker downloads his important features for the next Minion. By this point, it's become clear she's fairly amoral and doesn't think things through all the way.

-The subsequent Death's Head II ongoing features her in a more background role, trying to get the powerful warrior Kite to be the host of a new Minion cyborg- this ALSO proves to be moronic, as Kite is one half of the previously-bisected Charnel, and he re-forms to cause them even more trouble. Death's Head II and the mercenary Requiem Sharks invade Necker's lab and start blowing stuff up, DHII demanding to be told his origins, but Charnel's arrival makes everyone work together to stop him- a device Necker had implanted into Kite's body proves critical to stopping Charnel, and DHII kills him. The resulting blast covers Dr. Necker's escape, and she quits A.I.M. to join the Omni-Corporation of her timeline. She creates ANOTHER Minion, who becomes Death Metal, in the ludicrous "Death³" comic, and Death's Head II meets him AND Death Wreck, his "older brother", and suggests he needs to find Necker and make her pay. However, Marvel UK is quickly cancelled and this doesn't go anywhere- nor does the fact that two of the Sharks are revealed to be Necker's parents.

-Shockingly, a past version of Dr. Necker appears in OUR time, when Dan Abnett, her creator, uses her as a member of Project: Pegasus in the 2000s Nova comic, when Richard Rider shows back up on Earth! Here, she is seen as more curious while working as their robotics expert, and she works on her "Minion" program (which, in our timeline, has never been completed yet). She accidentally leads to the resurrection of Wendell "Quasar" Vaughn when searching for a power source, and begins to crush on Rider. Here, she's seen as less ridiculous, and more helpful to the heroes, though she's still prepared to work for A.I.M. just to see her research done, which naturally can lead to the Necker of Marvel UK.

-This version is somewhat curious, and thankfully an Unofficial Appendix writer also worked on her OFFICIAL bio, explaining some of this. So the Dr. Necker in Marvel UK is of course set 20-25 years in the FUTURE, with her parents being the contemporary (to 1993 Marvel) Requiem Sharks members. And so with a couple years down the road, it seems the Sharks (who, to be fair, can travel time and dimensions) raised her in another timeline and so she's now an adult, but with none of the "Death's Head" stuff ever having happened in our timeline yet. And of course a Revolutionary War: Death's Head comic gives that whole thing a new origin, as she gets A.I.M. funding to create an army of cyborg killers!
Jabroniville

Tuck

Post by Jabroniville »

TUCK
Created By:
Dan Abnett & Liam Sharp
First Appearance: Death's Head II #3 (May 1992)
Role: Miss Fanservice, Sidekick
'90s Ratio: 9/10 (nudist; pointless aside from fanservice; inexplicable backstory)
PL 8 (105)
STRENGTH
4/6 STAMINA 4/6 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 4 (+8, +10 Lotus)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+4)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Stealth 5 (+10)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Crossbow +4, Knife +1, Sword +2), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Sapphire Lotus Shard" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [8]
Enhanced Strength 2 (4)
Enhanced Stamina 2 (4)
Regeneration 4 (4)
Immunity 1 (Cold) (1)
-- (13 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Lotus Shard +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Knife +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Sword +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Crossbow +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+6 Lotus Shard), Fortitude +6 (+8 Lotus Shard), Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Death's Head II)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 13 (105)

-YYYYYYYYYYEP. Turns out all these years later I never realized that the random bikini chick who shows up in BattleTide is actually a major recurring character for Death's Head II, acting as his sidekick. Her natural purpose is of course to wear a physically-impossible swimsuit that's effectively a crotch covering with two swooping bits of fabric for her breasts to (barely) hide behind. Plus a bunch of random facial markings to make her stand out from the legion of other bikini-clad action heroines in comics at that time.

-Tuck hails from Lionheart, a medieval-style planet where humans outlawed technology and use magic to wage war against androids & cyborgs. She was an illegal creation ("replicates" are disallowed there) and so was sold to a "Cat-House", but soon went on the run in the forests of Lionheart, shadowing "Hood" (Death's Head II, naturally making Tuck a reference to Friar Tuck of the Robin Hood tales) and his merry band of thieves, joining them and returning with him and Dr. Necker to DHII's own time. A weapon-fighter with good survivability, she becomes DHII's sidekick and Fanservice for his books, not really affecting things much- in his first ongoing, she is empowered and corrupted by the "Sapphire Lotus" along with Wraithchilde, but suffers withdrawal when he bails with it and is given a small shard at story's end, giving her more power.

-Tuck returns to Lionheart for a bit, engages in more shenanigans with DHII, and is quickly written out of Death's Head II & Killpower: BattleTide when she & Motormouth teleport to another planet during a fight and just shop and make friends with each other. She is a pointless character in a variety of story arcs (seriously- her Marvunapp bio features a LOT, yet nothing that Tuck actually DOES- with zero agency, she's simply there for T&A and a sounding board for the main hero). The character then vanishes as Marvel UK shutters, never having mattered much.

-Tuck actually reapppears alongside DHI & DHII in Revolutionary War in 2014! Unrecognizable since she's now wearing a full body-cover tunic and baggy pants (and this is 2014! When Abnett & Lanning's Gamora still dressed like a hooker!)

-Tuck is a low-rent PL 8 “Companion” character (is this Marvel UK showing some Doctor Who inspiration?)- boosted by the Shard she’s okay, but nothing to write home about.
Jabroniville

Die-Cut

Post by Jabroniville »

DIE-CUT (Czorn Yson)
Created By:
Glen Dakin & John Royle
First Appearance: Death's Head II & The Origin of Die-Cut #1 (Aug. 1993)
Role: Terrible Marvel UK Character
'90s Ratio: 9/10 (IS NAMED "DIE-CUT"!; Uses a "Psythe"; kills cyborgs)
Country of Origin: England
PL 9 (127)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Psycthe) 1 (+7)
Expertise (Cyborg Hunter) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 5 (+5)
Technology 8 (+8)
Vehicles 2 (+2)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Favored Foe (Cyborgs), Improved Critical (Psythe), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Cyborg Body"
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 7) [9]
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [10]

"Pscythe" (Flaws: Removable) [18]
"Excise Memories" Affliction 5 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Transformed Memories) (Extras: Continuous +3) (20) -- (22 points)
Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Penetrating 10) (13)
Movement 5 (Temporal Movement, Space Travel 2, Dimensional Movement 2) (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Pscythe +8 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Killing all Cyborgs)- A complete loon, Die-Cut is obsessed with killing all cybernetic "Living Death".

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 37 / Defenses: 15 (127)

-Ohmygod, ohmygod, just read this guy's origin story: "Years later, Death's Head II is infected with a type of a computer virus known as a purging program, which forces some of his assimilated personalities to emerge. Czorn Yson is one of those personalities. Death's Head II is eventually forced to allow Yson's personality to temporarily take over, whereupon Yson manages to create a new, enhanced body and download his personality into it. Now calling himself Die-Cut, the insane mutant cuts Death's Head into two. He eventually regains his sanity, and sets off on a quest to destroy all cyborgs." READ IT!! I just... I don't even... it's so beautifully, amazingly '90s in the way it forms a microcosm of everything that was wrong with both comics in general and Marvel UK in specific... just brilliant.

-Die-Cut was a Ganalonian mutant born with "the ability to cut", working on this ability for years. Engaged in a centuries-long war against cyborgs, his entire race had a constant hatred of anything mechanical, and when he was finally captured by the 'borgs, he faked schizophrenia (to avoid having them use his brain to elevate their race beyond stagnation) and laughed as the enemy tortured his friends to death. He swiped their technology to come up with his "Psythe" (REALLY!), and was beginning to succumb to true madness when the Minion cyborg arrived- wanting death, Die-Cut allowed himself to be taken, and Minion downloaded and assimilated Die-Cut's mind into his own.

-So yeah, then Death's Head II ended up needing this guy's mind at the forefront, and Die-Cut used it to build himself a new body and a weapon, and the two fought before teaming up against the cyborgs. He was immediately placed in Die-Cut vs. G-Force Limited Series (helping them against cyborgs, naturally), then a one-off Die-Cut. And then he vanishes FOREVER, these four issues being his entire catalogue. He has neither been seen nor written about since then, despite earning a MARVEL CARD because it was a Marvel UK thing that all of DHII's stupid spinoffs get one. I have no idea what became of this idiot.

-Die-Cut's so stupid. The name alone is bad enough, but his "Pscythe" (Again- REALLY!) is your everyday super-cutty weapon of doom, and it can also cut out memories on a permanent level. So he's kind of a super-strong Scrapper/fighter guy. He's PL 9 on offense, PL 9 on defense, and generally sucks- I actually downgraded him from PL 9.5 because he's just so dumb, lol.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Death’s Head I & II! Lupex! Dr. Necker! Tuck!)

Post by Ares »

Die-Cut. That name is so wonderfully 90s I'm going to have to give it to my iconic "90s Claws Guy" meant to represent folks like Warblade and Ripclaw.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Davies

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Death’s Head I & II! Dr. Necker! Tuck! Die-Cut!)

Post by Davies »

... given what the most famous cyborgs in Brit SF are, I'm really tempted to blend this poozer with Abslom Daak.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Death Wreck

Post by Jabroniville »

DEATH WRECK
Created by:
Dan Abnett & Dell Barass
First Appearance: Death³ #1 (Sept. 1993)
Role: Another Death's Head Spin-Off, Alcoholic Cyborg
'90s Ratio: 9/10 (alcoholic anti-hero; has "Death" in his name)
Country of Origin: England
Group Affiliation: None
PL 8 (94)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 8 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Perception 3 (+2)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Powers:
"Cybernetic Arm" Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) [24]
Power-Lifting 1 (25 tons) [1]
Features: Photocopier in Chest [1]

"Time Disc" (Flaws : Easily Removable) [2]
Movement 2 (Time) (Flaws: Uncontrolled) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Gun Arm +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Getting More Beer)
Addiction (Alcohol)
Quirk (Unstealthy)- Death Wreck makes a huge amount of noise when moving.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 13 (94)

-Death Wreck is yet another character spun off from Death's Head II, but was a grungier, more primitive cyborg, built on the cheap (Dr. Necker was told to create a cyborg IMMEDIATELY, and thus cut corners) and running on gas (er, petrol). He showed up in the ludicrous Death³, in which he brings back a piece of Charnel from an Earth where he took over, which Necker turns into DEATH METAL- Death Metal attacks her and Death Wreck fights him, but both are sent to an Earth in which CHARNEL (who is the original Death's Head's body mixed with Baron Strucker V, of course) rules, and it's eventually wiped out by a time wave, sending them all back- however, Death Metal allies with the Charnel of another time period until eventually all three "Death" cyborgs unite to kill him. Eventually, both other guys also got a spin-off.

-A Death Wreck Limited Series reveals the totality of his origin- Dr. Necker popping up, killing an alcoholic hobo, then placing HIS brain within her new "Minion" cyborg... which naturally has the mind of an alcoholic hobo, goes berserk, and flees into the timestream, popping up and getting into all kinds of shenanigans, some with people he'd meet in his future (THEIR past), all while Dr. Necker is trying to get him back. Ultimately, Death's Head II, a later "Minion" project, also abandoned her. He hasn't appeared since 1994.

-Death Wreck is just a low-end, hideous cyborg with only a few gimmicks. He's an alcoholic hobo in a powerful cyborg body, and appears fairly erratic, first brushing Dr. Necker aside, but later attacking Death Metal for hurting his "Momeeeee".