Taros' Assorted Builds (Freedomverse Rogues! Kirby Builds! Dr. Tectonic!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
OwOMotaros

Freedom League Equipment

Post by OwOMotaros »

Just to round out this set (at least, for now), I've got some refurbished versions of the Freedom League's vehicles and headquarters.

The Lighthouse (PL 18 (30 PP/6 EP))
Colossal
Toughness 20
Features 17 (Combat Simulator 2, Communications (Audio-Visual), Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells (Nullify), Infirmary, Isolated (Space), Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System (Solar/Fusion Power), Security System, Workshop)
Powers:
Teleportals: Affects Others Only Extended Teleport 18 (250,000 miles, Limited to Extended, Limited Destination (Other Teleportals))
The Lighthouse, equivalent to the Justice League Watchtower, is an orbital satellite base, designed by Daedalus (as with most of the team's equipment), and funded by the League's various resource bases. Having received approval from the U.N and UNISON to deploy the base, it provides the League with a foothold in space, looking out towards future threats. Its a mostly run-of-the-mill satellite base, with some elite upgrades, specifically the Teleportal system, providing access to a worldwide network of high-speed teleportation platforms.
FreedomHall.JPG
FreedomHall.JPG (44.39 KiB) Viewed 2340 times
Freedom Hall (PL 12 (24 PP/5 EP))
Huge
Toughness 16
Features 15 (Combat Simulator, Communications (Audio-Visual), Computer, Concealed, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells (Nullify), Infirmary, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System (Geothermal), Security System, Workshop
Powers:
Teleportal: Affects Others Only Extended Teleport 12 (4,000 miles, Limited to Extended, Limited Destination (Other Teleportals))
The Freedom Hall is the legacy headquarters of the Freedom League, equivalent to Avengers Mansion. Formerly the personal mansion of the Beaumont Family, it served the original Liberty League, before being offered to the newly-created Freedom League by the retired original Bowman. It served the League for years, before being destroyed during the Terminus Invasion. Rebuilt (yet again, the result of Daedalus), the newly refurbished 'Freedom Hall' has served the team for nearly 20 years. It generally serves as a temporary home for its members when they're on call, a Teleportal access point, as well as a public locale for the civilian populace to learn about the team's history.
PegasusPlanes.JPG
PegasusPlanes.JPG (42.11 KiB) Viewed 2340 times
Pegasus Spaceplanes (PL 10 (74 PP/15 EP))
Gargantuan
Strength 14
Flight 12 (16 mpr/8,000 mph)
Defense +6 (DC 16)
Toughness 14
Features 3 (Communications (Audio-Visual), Navigation System 2, Remote Control)
Powers:
Armor Plating: Impervious Toughness 13
Star-Drive: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2)
Sensor Suite: Senses 11 (Visual 4 (Darkvision 2 Ultravision 1 Direction Sense 1)), (Radio 7 (Accurate 4 Extended 2 (-1/1,000)))
VTOL: Feature 1 (Can Hover/Maneuver In Place)
The Pegasus-class Spaceplanes, again, a creation of Daedalus, provide the Freedom League with a high-speed, long-range, response aircraft, able to transport an entire set of heroes to an event in no time. With Mach 10 Flight, a Star-Drive, VTOL capability (presumably the result of Daedalus' preferred gravitic repulsor tech), and a capable Sensor Suite, they're solid craft, to be sure. The only downside is that the Freedom League's variants are unarmed. If I get around to UNISON, their variants will probably be....much more offensively minded.

Sky-Bikes (PL 8 (39 PP/8 EP))
Medium
Strength 4
Flight 6 (1,800 fpr/120 mph)
Defense +8 (DC 18)
Toughness 8
Features 4 (Communications (Audio-Visual), Navigation System 2, Remote Control)
Powers:
Sensor Suite: Senses 6 (Radio 6 (Accurate 4 Extended 1 (-1/100)))
VTOL: Feature 1 (Can Hover/Maneuver In Place), Subtle 1 on Flight
The Freedom League Sky-Bikes (yes I used Marvel's Sky-Cycle, I needed an image), serve a pretty mundane role as short-range transport for less mobile Leaguers. Their most notable capability, aside from being, y'know, flying sleds, is their gravitic repulsor tech. Once again, Daedalus was the developer, making these vehicles virtually silent transports. The image is pretty fitting, actually. I imagine Bowman has to make pretty regular use of these.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
OwOMotaros

The Atom Family

Post by OwOMotaros »

AtomFamily.JPG
AtomFamily.JPG (101.61 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
The Atom Family

Role: Fantastic Four Equivalent (Sorta?), Earth's Premier Explorers

Roster
Maximus "Max" Atom
Tesla "Tess" Atom
Victoria "Vicky" Atom
Chase "Doesn't Have A Nickname" Atom (& Cosmo)
Jack Wolf
A.L.E.X
Equipment

Background
The current generation of the Atom Family are the grandchildren of the original group's leader, Dr. Alexander Atom, a scientist/explorer/hero of the early 20th century. Originally a solo act, the Dr. would find himself a key player in multiple world-threatening events; the first man to encounter the Sub-Terrans, discovering the prehistoric Lost World and its serpentine conquerors, etc. This lone streak would change during WWII, with the Dr. serving as an advisor to the original Liberty League, and meeting his first love, a French resistance fighter by the name of Marie. This wouldn't last long, with Marie dying in the war, and the Dr. throwing himself into his post-war recover efforts and research...

Post-War
Over this period of deep frustration, the Dr. would meet Anne Banks, who would become his assistant, turned adventuring partner, turned wife. They would have their daughter, Andrea, in the late '50s, and take in Jack Wolf, the son of one of the Dr.'s astronaut friends, who was lost during an early Space Race mission. The Dr. would take his newly assembled family with him on his continued adventures, until...

Gen 2 Family
In 1972, Anne would succumb to cancer, despite the Dr.'s best efforts. This would lead to another stint of focused yet frustrated research, often leaving his daughter and ward to their own devices. Andrea, now old enough to attend college, began to attend the Hanover Institute of Technology, and met Mentac, a young "mentalist", who she would discover to be an actual psychic who used his stage presence to bring con-artists to justice. Andrea would bring Mentac into the fold of the family, and the group would begin a new era of exploration, the Dr. leading his young students while they had their emotional squabbles and love triangle issues for nearly a decade. This would culminate in Mentac's revealing of his true origins; the exiled prince of Farside City, an entire city-state on the "far side" of the Moon, currently ruled by Lady Lunar, his aunt, who had overthrown the royal family. The Atom Family would be instrumental in her deposal, and the establishment of a democracy in the city. Mentac and Andrea would finally solidify their relationship in the aftermath, and Jack would depart the group, heartbroken, and become a mercenary of some renown.

Gen 3 Family
The first of the 3rd Generation, Maximus, would be born in 1984. He, as well as his 3 siblings, Tesla (1985), Victoria (1987), and Chase (1989), would come out happy, healthy, and, in a moment of slight disappointment on Mentac's part, powerless. This would be a period of quiet for the family, as the Dr. would watch over his grandkids, all the while fighting his own battle with cancer (gotta wonder if its the result of all that dimension hopping). This quiet would come crashing down, as the family's hometown of Freedom City would be the center point of the Terminus Invasion. While the Dr. worked to close the dimensional breach opened by Omega's forces, Andrea and Mentac would enter the Terminus, in an attempt to keep Omega from reaching Earth. Obviously, as a non-powered human and a powerful, but human-tier durable, telepath, they were unable to prevent his emergence, and were seemingly K.I.A. following Centurion and Omega's final clash, leaving the children orphaned...

Terminus Aftermath
Following the death of his daughter and son-in-law, the Dr.'s already failing health would deteriorate at a rapid pace. He would find solace in his last living ward, Jack Wolf's, return, who would take on a guardianship role for the children, while the Dr. would complete his final project: uploading his mind into the computer system of the Nucleus, leaving behind physical existence to become a disembodied intellect. After a few years of mundanity, the four kids' underlying mutant abilities would activate (likely the result of their parents' several decades of strange radiation exposure, as well as their father's unearthly nature). "Uncle Jack", as the kids called him, the Dr., and their robot assistant A.L.E.X, would continue raising the kids, developing their abilities, and instilling in them the same natural affinity for exploration as the rest of the family...

Modern Era
Now adults, the current Atom Family have made a name for themselves across multiple worlds and dimensions. They have a tendency to stir up trouble (that they then proceed to fix), and have been at the forefront of multiple first contacts between Earth and various otherworldly cultures. While the Dr. continues to serve an advisor and support role, he's very much limited to the Nucleus nowadays, with his adventuring days over. Uncle Jack, in his older age (dude's gotta be in his late 60s/early 70s), continues to assist the "kids", serving as the group's de-facto pilot when adventuring, and still being a capable, experienced fighter/adventurer in his own right.

Notes: After the research I've done on the group, I gotta say, I quite like this group, though the Dr.'s probably my favorite. He's a pretty cool, classic super-genius adventurer, turned patriarch of a super-team (wish I had some older edition stuff so I could get a build of him and the older members done). I know this summation didn't provide much info on the kids, but I think y'all will enjoy them.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Davies

Re: Taros' Assorted Builds (Freedom League Done! Atom Family!)

Post by Davies »

My headcanon is that Jack benefits from a bit of extended longevity due to his time as Wolfjack.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
OwOMotaros

Post by OwOMotaros »

Davies wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:43 am My headcanon is that Jack benefits from a bit of extended longevity due to his time as Wolfjack.
I was pondering something like that too, gonna have to toss a Longevity power on his build.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Incidentally, this might be useful to you.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
OwOMotaros

Maximus Atom

Post by OwOMotaros »

Continuing this Freedomverse section (I promise it won't just be me fixing their builds), we've got the current leader of the Atom Family...

Maximus.jpg
Maximus.jpg (51.83 KiB) Viewed 2223 times

Maximus Atom

PL 10 (172.5 PP)

Identity: Maximus "Max" Atom (Public)
Height: 6'0" (Varies)
Weight: 180 lbs (Varies)
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Group Affiliation: Atom Family (Leader)
Base of Operations: The Nucleus, Goodman Building, Freedom City

Abilities
Strength 2/12, Stamina 3/13, Agility 3, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 7, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Powers

Personal Molecular Restructurization: Array 60.5 (3 Alternate Effects)
  • Enlarged Atoms: Growth 10 (45-ft), Linked Growth 2 (60-ft, Limited (Non-Strength/Stamina Boosts)), Enhanced Advantages 4 (Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack), Enhanced Defenses 10 (Dodge 5/Parry 5, Limited (Full Size), Impervious Toughness 11, Reduced Unarmed 1, Speed 1 (120-fpr/8 mph)
  • Dispersed Atoms: Precise Subtle 1 Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal, Vulnerability (Radiation))
  • Compacted Atoms: Normal Strength Shrinking 18 (1.5 inches), (Compacted Force: +5 Strength-Damage, Limited (Minimum Size)), (Tiny-Sized Fighter: Enhanced Close Attack 4, Limited (Minimum Size))
Advantages
All-Out Attack, Equipment 2 (Commlink (Family), Atomobile/Nucleus), Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Interpose, Leadership, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Teamwork
Equipment

Commlink: Communication Link 1 (Rest of Family)

*9 points for Atomobile/Nucleus
Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+5 Total)
Athletics 5 (+7/17 Total)
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+9/13/8 Total (Base/Compacted/Enlarged))
Deception 3 (+6 Total)
Expertise: Business 5 (+8 Total)
Expertise: Explorer 9 (+12 Total)
Expertise: Science 10* (+13 Total, 5 Ranks Limited (Engineering))
Insight 4 (+8 Total)
Intimidation 2 (+5/-4/11 Total, (Base/Compacted/Enlarged))
Investigation 4 (+7 Total)
Perception 4 (+8 Total)
Persuasion 3 (+6 Total)
Stealth 4 (+7/25/-5 Total, (Base/Compacted/Enlarged))
Technology 7 (+10 Total)
Vehicles 8 (+8 Total)

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed +9/13/8 | Close, Damage 2 (7 at Minimum Size, 12 at Maximum Size)

Defense
Dodge 8/17/7, Parry 8/17/7, Fortitude 6/11, Toughness 3/13, Will 9
(Base/Minimum/Maximum)

Abilities 50, Powers 60.5, Advantages 14, Skills 34, Defenses 14 = 172.5 PP

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Complications

Personality - Outgoing and boisterous, very friendly.

Responsibility - As the oldest sibling, Max feels a duty to lead and protect his family.

Relationship - Formerly shy around women, Max finally found himself a wife, Vanessa, and has 3 young kids.

Background: Maximus Atom, eldest of the 3rd Generation of the Atom Family. Born in 1984, Max experienced the most time with their parents, and, following their "deaths", quickly took on a pseudo-parental role amongst his siblings, while also being the one closest to their new guardian, Jack Wolf. He shares the man's daring mindset and penchant for physicality. All of this was before the family's powers awakened, and Max gained the ability to alter his own atomic structure! Max matured along with his powers, growing from a sociable, boisterous young man with parental issues and an unsureness around women, to a responsible, tested leader of a super-team, and a family man.

Notes: Max Atom comes out as a PL 10 Size Changer, able to grow to huge heights and shrink to severe depths, and serving as both Team Powerhouse/Leader/Infiltrator, all in one. When at his maximum, 60-ft height, he registers as a Class 100 Powerhouse, with solid durability, while, when shrunk to about an inch and a half, he becomes an incredibly stealthy speck that's still able to strike with the force of a bullet. This is in addition to a third Alt Effect of his Size Array: an Incorporeal Form, allowing him to disperse his atoms and move through objects. He retains PL 10 stats in both of his primary forms, providing solid output and defenses, though his base form sits at only PL 6. Underneath all his powers, he's an alright Skillmonkey, specializing in Mechanics, though is by no means as smart as Tesla. My build is pretty noticeably different from the Freedom City version, which goes beyond Class 100 Strength, has a much more basic version of the Size Array, and gives his base form Advantages that I'd definitely only stick onto his alternate forms. It also costs nearly 30 points less than this one, probably due to lacking several skills he should have in abundance. Its not terrible, tho. I'm not entirely sure what role Maximus serves in comparison to the Fantastic Four. Obviously his size and strength would make him a Thing equivalent, but the Family doesn't really have one, and his lack of monstrous appearance pretty much rules that out. He sort of an outlier in the comparison. Still like him tho.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
OwOMotaros

Post by OwOMotaros »

Davies wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:46 am Incidentally, this might be useful to you.
Yeah, I gotta scrounge up the money for that soon. Definitely will help.
OwOMotaros

Tesla Atom

Post by OwOMotaros »

Next up, the Family's new resident genius and Blaster....

Tesla.jpg
Tesla.jpg (37.29 KiB) Viewed 2215 times

Tesla Atom

PL 10 (189 PP)

Identity: Tesla "Tess" Atom (Public)
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 130 lbs
Eyes: Amber
Group Affiliation: Atom Family

Abilities
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 3,
Fighting 5, Intellect 7, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Powers

Nucleonic Field: Impervious 9 Force Field 8, Flight 5 (900-fpr/60 mph). Total: 27

Nucleonic Projection: Array 34 (4 Alternate Effects)
  • Nucleonic Blasts: Split 1 Blast 10 (Radiation/Force, DC25)
  • Molecular Disruption: Affects Objects Only Ranged Weaken Toughness 10 (Radiation)
  • Nucleonic Dampening: Burst Area 2 Simultaneous Close Nullify Radiation 8 (60-ft)
  • Nucleonic Solidification: Movable Subtle 1 Create Objects 10 (1,000 cft)
Advantages
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Daze (Deception), Equipment 2 (Commlink (Rest of Family), Atomobile/The Nucleus), Improved Critical (Nucleonic Projection) 1, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 1, Inventor, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Leadership, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack 1 (Ranged Cover), Ranged Attack 5, Taunt, Teamwork
Equipment

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4 Total)
Athletics 3 (+4 Total)
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+7 Total)
Deception 6 (+8 Total)
Expertise: Explorer 8 (+15 Total)
Expertise: Science 11 (+18 Total)
Insight 5 (+7 Total)
Intimidation 3 (+5 Total)
Investigation 8 (+10 Total)
Perception 7 (+9 Total)
Persuasion 5 (+7 Total)
Ranged Combat: Nucleonic Projection 2 (+10 Total)
Stealth 4 (+6 Total)
Technology 8 (+15 Total)
Vehicles 2 (+5 Total)

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +7 | Close, Damage 1
Nucleonic Blasts +10 | Split 1 Blast 10, Crit 19-20

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 8, Fortitude 5, Toughness 2/10 (Impervious +5), Will 8

Abilities 48, Powers 61, Advantages 22, Skills 38, Defenses 20 = 189 PP

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Complications

Personality - Geeky and sarcastic, Tess is the brains of the set.

Curiosity - Tess is the biggest explorer of the group, often being the one to discover new dimensions to visit.

Socially Inept - Tess' intelligence (and grief) caused her social development to progress abnormally. She's prone to saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, occasionally misses social cues, and, while outwardly approachable, comes off as aloof and uncaring when interacting with new faces. Though she wishes she could maintain one, she has great trouble maintaining a stable relationship outside of her family, be it romantic or platonic, and has very few friends outside of the hero community.

Background: Tesla Atom, the genius blaster of the 3rd Generation Atom Family. Born in 1985, Tess' early years were much like her older brothers, though, with a pinch of burgeoning super-intellect sprinkled throughout. Following the death of their parents, the young scientific prodigy would, much like their grandfather before them, bury themselves in research, distancing themselves from their family. This would change following the awakening of the family's powers, with Tess gaining the ability to manipulate molecular fields in a variety of forms. With her intellect, she was the first to really master her abilities, learning how to release powerful energy blasts, warp structures, and even create objects out of pure force. The premier explorer of the group, Tess, in her adult years, would often be the catalyst for the group's adventures, stumbling upon some unknown entity or alternate dimension while working with her grandfather. All of this science and adventure is her reason to live, and, as such, has left her ill-equipped to pursue any real relationships outside of her family, something that troubles her greatly.

Notes: Tess is a mix between a mid-grade super-scientist and Flying Blaster, hitting PL 10 pretty evenly with her Nucleonic Projection Array. Able to release powerful blasts, create energy objects, disperse radioactive elements, and even disassemble matter, Tess' powers are probably the most blatantly destructive of the family. This is on top of her capable intellect, providing her with high ranks in the Science and Explorer Expertises (she's not on her grandfather's level yet, who's one of the few characters in the setting who are on par with characters like Mr. Fantastic, Dr. Doom, and Lex Luthor). Her only lacking side is defensively. While her Nucleonic Field provides her with solid Toughness when active, she's not too evasive, only hitting PL 9 on Parry, and only 6.5 on exotic Defenses. She's possibly the easiest of the team to take down in a fight, though she's also the one most likely to figure out your scheme and take you down in turn. Tess serves as a sort of mix between Mr. Fantastic and Human Torch, in terms of the comparison, wielding similar intellect to Dr. Richards, but the same fiery appearance of her powers as Johnny. Compared to the Freedom City build, mine is mostly just a scaling back of her powers, and a slight change in personality. I don't get the need to pump everyone in your setting to high levels, especially someone as relatively mid-powered as Tesla (why would you make any of these guys PL 11?), and I thought that Tess' problems with social situations should be pumped up a bit more, make that grief and trauma a continuous issue, not just a "she's so good that she can't imagine finding anyone".
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
OwOMotaros

Victoria Atom

Post by OwOMotaros »

Next up, the Atom Family's morphing master...

Victoria.jpg
Victoria.jpg (37.08 KiB) Viewed 2165 times

Victoria Atom

PL 10 (168.5 PP)

Identity: Victoria "Vicky" Atom (Public)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 120 lbs

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 4, Dexterity 2,
Fighting 8, Intellect 3, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Powers

Pliable Form: Elongation 7 (900-ft), Immunity 5 (Falling Damage 5), Continuous Precise Insubstantial 1 (Fluid), Morph 4 (Any Shape), Movement 1 (Slithering), Protection 7. Total: 48

Advantages
Beginner's Luck, Connected, Defensive Attack, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 2 (Commlink (Rest of Family), Atomobile/Nucleus), Evasion 1, Fast Grab, Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Leadership, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2, Teamwork, Well-Informed
Equipment

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8 Total)
Athletics 6 (+8 Total)
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10 Total)
Deception 8 (+9 Total)
Expertise: Blogger (AWE) 6 (+8 Total)
Expertise: Explorer 6 (+9 Total)
Expertise: Science 4 (+7 Total)
Insight 5 (+7 Total)
Investigation 7 (+9 Total)
Perception 6 (+8 Total)
Persuasion 4 (+5 Total)
Sleight of Hand 6 (+8 Total)
Stealth 4 (+8 Total)
Technology 4 (+7 Total)
Vehicles 3 (+5 Total)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed +10 | Close, Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 5, Toughness 10, Will 7

Abilities 50, Powers 48, Advantages 20, Skills 37.5, Defenses 13 = 168.5 PP

Complications

Personality - Quiet and observant, Vicky is a general-purpose shy nerd.

Family - Vicky is probably the most attached to the family, serving as peacekeeper between the sometimes overbearing Max, often accidentally insulting Tess, and somewhat overwhelmed Chase.

Hide-&-V - Vicky has a tendency to disguise herself in public and just.....watch.

Background: Victoria Atom, the quiet backgrounder of the 3rd Generation Atom Family. Born in 1987, Vicky was always the shy, silent type, preferring to sit back and observe the antics of her family. Following the death of their parents, Vicky felt an urge to keep what was left of her family together, leaving her in a peacekeeping position between the conflicting personalities of her siblings. All the while, she coped in her own way; exploring her natural curiosity with the world, and become a sort of "loremaster", able to pull the most random information out of nowhere. This was before the awakening of the family's powers, and Tess discovering her ability to warp her molecules with effortless precision, changing shape and apperance on a whim! To her, these powers provide her with a level of freedom that she lacked while trying to keep her family together, and she's taken to her own type of exploration, all the while, becoming a bit of an internet star through the blog she has started to record her experiences.

Notes: Vicky comes out to an underpowered PL 10 Morpher build; able to stretch far distances, flow like a liquid, resist powerful impacts, and assume the appearances of nearly anything, but lacking in terms of offensive capability (only hitting PL 6 offensively, with the highest base Unarmed of her family, but not striking with any real force). She didn't strike me as someone who would've developed her powers in an offensive manner, so I left off any sort of "Hammer Hands" Strength-Damage effect. Her role within the Family is generally one of infiltration; able to flow through nearly any opening, assume forms to walk right into restricted areas, all the while communicating this information back to her teammates. Comparatively to the Fantastic Four, Vicky fills the power role of Mr. Fantastic, with a further expansion on the Morphing abilities, but lacking in his potential versatility, and the emotional support role of the Invisible Woman, though without the........oomph.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
OwOMotaros

Chase Atom (& Cosmo)

Post by OwOMotaros »

Lastly for the main Atom Family roster, we have the only one of them to inherit a power...

Chase.jpg
Chase.jpg (40.93 KiB) Viewed 2130 times

Chase Atom

PL 10 (168 PP)

Identity: Chase Atom (Public)
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 155 lbs
Eyes: Gray-Green
Hair: Black

Abilities
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 5, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Powers

Inherited Telepathy: Total: 87

Mind Shield: Enhanced Will 4, Limited (vs Mental Effects). Total: 2

Predictive Defense: Enhanced Defenses 10 (Dodge 5/Parry 5, Quirk 1 (Not Against Foes Immune to Mental Effects)). Total: 9

Mental Detection: Senses 5 (Mental 5 (Mental Awareness 4 (Acute 1 Extended 1 (-1/100) Radius 1)), (Communication Link 1 (Cosmo))). Total: 5

Telepathic Translation: Affects Others & You Hearing Area Comprehend 2 (Understand/Understood; All Languages). Total: 8

Telepathic Array: Dynamic Array 63 (4 Alternate Effects)
  • Telepathy: Effortless Mind Reading 10, Linked Area Selective Mental Communication 3 (Long-Range)
  • Illusions: Area 2 Selective Resistible by Will Illusion 8 (All Senses, 1,000-cft)
  • Mind Blast: Perception Range Resistible by Will Damage 10 (Mental, DC25)
  • Mind Stun: Cumulative Perception Range Affliction 10 (Mental, DC20 Will, (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated)
Advantages
Equipment 2 (Commlink (Rest of Family), Atomobile/Nucleus), Extraordinary Effort, Leadership, Move-By Action, Sidekick 27 (Cosmo the Moon Monkey), Set-Up 1, Teamwork
Equipment

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4 Total)
Athletics 2 (+3 Total)
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+7 Total)
Deception 5 (+7 Total)
Expertise: Explorer 6 (+10 Total)
Expertise: Psychic (AWE) 7 (+11 Total)
Insight 5 (+9 Total)
Investigation 2 (+6 Total)
Perception 4 (+8 Total)
Persuasion 5 (+7 Total)
Stealth 3 (+5 Total)
Technology 1 (+5 Total)
Vehicles 4 (+4 Total)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +7 | Close, Damage 1
Mind Blast (DC20) | Perception Range Damage 10, Resistible by Will
Mind Stun (DC20) | Cumulative Perception Range Affliction 10 (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated)

Defense
Dodge 7/12, Parry 7/12, Fortitude 3, Toughness 2, Will 8/12

Abilities 38, Powers 87, Advantages 7, Skills 24, Defenses 12 = 168 PP

Complications

Personality - Often overwhelmed, having had to (at least in their mind), mature faster due to the death of his parents.

Relationships - Chase is close friends with Thunderbolt, who wishes him to join the Freedom League.

Honor - Chase, due to prior experiences in meeting evil future versions of himself, refuses to develop his powers to their full potential.

Quirk - Chase has never known a time without wild adventuring. As such, he is not good with mundanity.

Background: Chase Atom, the baby brother of the Gen 3 Atom Family. Born in 1989, Chase was much like his father, even at a young age; quiet, stoic, aloof, albeit more sociable due to growing up in as big a family as he did. Only 5 years old when his parents were lost, Chase's grief manifested in the kid's need to mature quickly. This would only be exacerbated by the emergence of the family's powers, with Chase inheriting his father's Telepathic abilities. Now with the ability to read minds and project illusions, Chase's insights into the thoughts of others led to him understanding the world around him much faster than his elder siblings, justifying his......prematurity. Chase's abilities, and subsequent inability to exist in regular society, led to him being tutored in-house, and often skip learning to join his older siblings and Uncle Jack on adventures. His entire life has been engrossed in the superheroic-explorer lifestyle, and has left him with a detachment to normal society that continues to trouble him into his adult years. The nature of his powers, and relation to the former royal family of Farside, has provided Chase with great telepathic potential, and a connection to their "Moonstone" relic has shown just how powerful he could become.

Notes: Chase comes out as a capable PL 10 Telepath, with all the defensive detriments that is associated with. Able to breach someone's mind and read their thoughts, communicate over great distances, wrack a target's brain with debilitating pain, or warp their senses through projected images, Chase is the member of the team with the most potential, especially if the Dr.'s theories on the effects their mutations had is true. Chase is plenty able to put a target down without putting a hand on them, but lacks the durability to back it up. Chase mostly fills the Johnny Storm role in the Fantastic Four comparison, the 'little brother' role. But, as Marvel's First Family lack a telepath, he's yet another outlier.

And, of course, Chase's trusty sidekick...

Cosmo the Moon Monkey

PL 3 (131 PP)

Identity: Cosmo
Height: 1.5-ft-ish
Weight: 15-ish lbs
Hair: Blue
Group Affiliation: Chase Atom
Base of Operations: With Chase

Abilities
Strength -3, Stamina -2, Agility 4, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 2, Intellect -2, Awareness 1, Presence -2

Powers

Animal Senses: Senses 3 (Visual 1 (Low-Light Vision 1)), (Scent 2 (Acute 1 Extended 1 (-1/100))). Total: 3

Mental Link: Senses 1 (Mental 1 (Communication Link 1 (Chase))). Total: 1

Simian Anatomy: Enhanced Athletics 8, Limited to Climbing, Extra Limb 1 (Tail), Leaping 1 (15-ft), Speed 2 (60-fpr/4 mph). Total: 6

Small Size: Innate Permanent Shrinking 8 (1-ft). Total: 17

Warper: Accurate Change Direction Change Velocity Easy Extended Increased Mass 3 (400 lbs) Teleport 13 (30/8,000 miles). Total: 70

Advantages
Evasion 1, Fast Grab, Improved Initiative 1

Skills
Acrobatics 9 (+13 Total)
Athletics 9 (+5/13 Total)
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+5 Total)
Expertise: Survival (AWE) 7 (+8 Total)
Insight 3 (+4 Total)
Perception 5 (+6 Total)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+4 Total)
Stealth 0 (+4 Total, +12 Size)

Offense
Initiative +8
Unarmed +5 | Close, Damage -3

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 1, Toughness -2, Will 4

Abilities 0, Powers 96, Advantages 3, Skills 20, Defenses 12 = 131 PP

Complications

Loyalty - Cosmo is loyal to Chase Atom above anyone else.

Monkey - Cosmo is still just an animal, albeit a smart one.

Background: Originally born on Farside, Cosmo was a simple mutated simian, the result of a colony of spider-monkeys captured by the city-state for experimentation. Provided as a gift to the youngest of the new Generation Atom Family as thanks for their assistance, Cosmo quickly acclimated to the young telepath, his enhanced intellect allowing for the child to get quite close to the blue-hued ape. Cosmo's presence in the Nucleus has kept the support crew on their toes; his ease of skill with his teleportation ability allowing him to break into the most secure areas possible (including the Dr.'s laboratories).

Notes: Cosmo is mostly just a repurposed Spider-Monkey build, with enhanced intellect (though not THAT much), and a very potent Teleport ability, allowing him (and Chase) to breach secure areas and cover massive distances easily, usually in conjunction with the rest of the Family's scouting capabilities.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
OwOMotaros

Jack Wolf

Post by OwOMotaros »

Next, the Atom Family's rough-and-ready uncle...

JackWolf.JPG
JackWolf.JPG (26.67 KiB) Viewed 2027 times

Just grizzle him a bit, Mystic Longevity does wonders

Jack Wolf ("Uncle Jack")

PL 8 (144 PP)

Identity: Jackson "Jack" Connor Wolf (Public)
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 185 lbs
Hair: Dark Blonde(?)
Base of Operations: The Nucleus, Goodman Building, Freedom City/Mobile (Formerly)

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 3,
Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Powers

Lingering Lupine Longevity: Feature 1 (Longevity). Total: 1

Advantages
All-Out Attack, Assessment, Chokehold, Connected, Diehard, Equipment 3 (Modifier Blaster +5, Commlink (Rest of Family), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Guns) 1, Improved Disarm, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Languages 2 (English (Base), Assorted Others (80s Political Hotspots)), Leadership, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5, Skill Mastery (Ex-Mercenary), Takedown 1, Taunt, Teamwork, Tracking
Equipment

Modifier Blaster: (Kill Mode: Blast 5 (Energy, DC 20)), A.E (Stun Mode: Ranged Affliction 5 (Biological, DC 15 Fortitude, (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated))). Total: 11

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+7 Total)
Athletics 5 (+8 Total)
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10 Total)
Deception 6 (+9 Total)
Expertise: Current Events (AWE) 6 (+8 Total)
Expertise: Explorer 9 (+11 Total)
Expertise: Ex-Mercenary 6 (+8 Total)
Insight 5 (+7 Total)
Intimidation 7 (+10 Total)
Investigation 1 (+3 Total)
Perception 7 (+9 Total)
Persuasion 2 (+5 Total)
Ranged Combat: Guns 3 (+11 Total)
Stealth 4 (+7 Total)
Technology 6 (+8 Total)
Treatment 3 (+5 Total)
Vehicles 9 (+12 Total, 2 Ranks Limited to Flying Craft)

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed +10 | Close, Damage 3
Blaster (Stun) +11 | Ranged Affliction 5 (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated), Crit 19-20
Blaster (Kill) +11 | Blast 5, Crit 19-20

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 7, Toughness 4, Will 7

Abilities 56, Powers 1, Advantages 28, Skills 42, Defenses 17 = 144 PP

Complications

Personality - Jack is a rough-and-tumble, All-American type.

Responsibility - As the former legal guardian of the Atoms, Jack still feels a sense of parental duty to the group.

Secret - Jack, in his time as a mercenary, did things he's not proud of.

Background: Jack Wolf, the surrogate-son-turned-surrogate-father of the Atom Family. Born the only son of Air Force Lt. Colonel John Wolf, an early astronaut and friend of Dr. Atom, Jack grew up with deep admiration for the two men. When his father was lost during an early space mission, he was placed in the care of the Dr. and his family, giving him the opportunity to learn from the (arguably) smartest man in the world, and giving him a pseudo-sibling by the Dr.'s young daughter, Andrea. Just a few years older than her, Jack and Andrea would become an older brother/younger sister set, with Jack eventually developing conflicting feelings for the young genius. These feelings would never get an opportunity to be fully realized before the oddball Mentac entered their lives, setting off a new age of exploration for the Atom Family (in the course of which, Jack would gain and lose the ability to transform into a 'cosmic werewolf', referred to in Andrea's notes as "Wolfjack".). Despite his own feelings, Jack would become just as protective over his new adopted brother as he was the rest of his family; serving as the pilot/bruiser to the adventuring party. Jack's feelings would come to a head after the events of the Farside Revolution; after the Atoms dethroned Mentac's "nutso-auntie" Lady Lunar, Mentac and Andrea would marry, and Jack would quietly depart the group, resorting to a life of a mercenary, a member of the "Soldiers of Fortune" (a profession he found himself sadly proficient in). Jack would spend several years with the Soldiers, using the high-risk, high-reward lifestyle to try to distract himself from his memories of his surrogate family. This would all change after the events of the Terminus Invasion. Jack, rushing back to Freedom City from halfway across the world, would arrive too late to save Andrea and Mentac, who were both lost behind enemy lines, leaving just the silently decaying old Dr. and his grandchildren, Max, Tess, Vicky, and Chase. Jack, unwilling to just leave the old man to care for the kids alone, would retire from his mercenary work and become the legal guardian of the 4 Atom siblings, attempting to raise them with the same appreciation for knowledge and adventure as he and their parents had. Now in his early/mid-70s (but still barely looking a day over 50), "Uncle Jack" continues to watch over the kids, following the four on their own adventures and regularly pulling their asses out the fire.

Notes: Jack, even in his older age, is still a competent, if slightly-rusted, ex-mercenary. A well-rounded melee and ranged fighter, well-smart in his own right (though not at all on the same tier as the geniuses of the Family), and the most skilled pilot of any generation of the group (sharing the same affinity for piloting as his father). Still, Jack isn't regularly on the front lines nowadays, usually swooping in with the save at the last minute. He's also retained a small gift, a result of his brief time influenced by the Moonstone, granting him an extended lifespan, the full extent of which is unknown.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
OwOMotaros

A.L.E.X (Artificial Lifeform EXperiment)

Post by OwOMotaros »

Next, the Family's robo-butler...

A.L.E.X (Artificial Lifeform EXperiment)

PL 6 (145 PP)

Identity: A.L.E.X
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Eyes: Unknown
Hair: Unknown

Abilities
Strength 6, Stamina N/A, Agility 0, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 4, Intellect 5, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Powers

Artificial: Immunity 40 (Fortitude Effects 30, Mental Effects 10), Protection 8. Total: 48

Interface: Area Radio Communication 2 (Short Range), Comprehend 2 (Understand/Understood; Machines). Total: 14

Processing Power: Mental Quickness 10. Total: 5

Sensor Suite: Senses 9 (Visual 8 (Analytical 2 Darkvision 2 Direction Sense 1 Distance Sense 1 Extended 1 (-1/100) Microvision 1 (Dust-Sized))), (Radio 1). Total: 9

Universal Translator: Comprehend 3 (Understand/Understood/Read; All Languages, Quirk 1 (Requires Prior Exposure)), Feature 1 (Voice Mimicry). Total: 6

Advantages
Eidetic Memory, Jack-Of-All-Trades

Skills
Deception 4 (+8 Total)
Expertise: Domestic Duties 10 (+15 Total)
Expertise: Science 7 (+12 Total)
Insight 4 (+8 Total)
Perception 4 (+8 Total)
Technology 7 (+12 Total)
Treatment 6 (+11 Total)

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +4 | Close, Damage 6

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude N/A, Toughness 8, Will 4

Abilities 36, Powers 82, Advantages 2, Skills 21, Defenses 4 = 145 PP

Complications

Loyalty - Be it programming, or artificial sentience, A.L.E.X is extremely loyal to the Atoms.

Robot - A.L.E.X is a robot. This leaves him vulnerable to Electrical and Magnetic Effects. He is also vulnerable to being reprogrammed, though his learning mind has become prone to reasserting itself.

Background: The Artificial Lifeform EXperiment (A.L.E.X), was one of the Dr.'s earliest attempts at an all-purpose artificial assistant, created to assist him in the lab and in the general care of his family, a role he has served, in one way or another, for just over half a century. Originally a simple, learning A.I, rolling around on caterpillar treads, the Dr. would upgrade A.L.E.X over the years into a more humanoid form, all the while, A.L.E.X took in more and more knowledge, developing a.....smarmy, snooty upper-class personality, (British accent and all). Having grown up with the faux-British android, the four Atom siblings have always considered A.L.E.X a member of the Family, and he is protective to a fault over them.

Notes: A.L.E.X came out a bit more capable than I expected. Having the large Immunity native to mechanical beings, as well as a solid +8 Toughness, A.L.E.X is already hard to put down. The rest of his powerset is utility-based, granting a Machine Interface, high Mental Quickness, a solid Sensor Suite (why wouldn't a butler-bot have Microvision, to spot dust and shiz), and a Universal Translator. Offensively, while quite strong, A.L.E.X hasn't exactly been absorbing combat data, hitting only PL 5 Unarmed. Though, in the extremely competitive Expertise: Domestic Duties ring, he's nearly unmatched.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
OwOMotaros

Atom Family Equipment

Post by OwOMotaros »

And, rounding this out, the Atom Family's headquarters and vehicle...
Artwork by Romain Defélix on ArtStation
Atomobile (PL 6 (23 PP/5 EP))
Huge
Strength 8
Flight 7 (1/2 mpr/250 mph)
Defense +2 (DC 12)
Toughness 10
Features 2 (Navigation System, Remote Control)
The Atomobile, very much derivative of the Fantasticar, is a special hovercraft, created by the current generation of the team to serve as an all-purpose transport while in other dimensions. Its mostly just a fast, durable craft that allows the team to make quick escapes if necessary, usually by Uncle Jack pulling their asses out the fire.
Artwork by Ramón Springer on ArtStation
The Nucleus (PL 6 (20 PP/4 EP)
Large
Toughness 12
Features 14 (Communications, Computer, Defense System, Dimensional Portal 2 (Multiple), Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Infirmary, Library, Living Space, Personnel (Servo-Bots), Power System (Extradimensional Sources), Security System, Workshop)
The Nucleus is the family's long-term HQ, having served them for decades. It makes up the top 5 floors of the Goodman Building, the centerpiece of a larger complex made up of high-end residential and business locales. The area the Nucleus fills is the very point in space that the Centurion's lifepod broke through the dimensional barrier, which left it unstable, easily manipulated by outside forces. While allowing the Atoms to travel to other dimensions with relative ease, it also works in reverse, serving as the staging area of the Terminus Invasion. The Nucleus is, besides that, a secure scientific zone, allowing the various geniuses at work under its roof to conduct their research in relative peace, and with plenty of assistance.
Last edited by OwOMotaros on Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
ChriswJ

Post by ChriswJ »

I'm really liking these builds.
OwOMotaros

Post by OwOMotaros »

ChriswJ wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:05 am I'm really liking these builds.
Glad to hear it.