Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Adversary! Atom-Smasher! El Aguila! American Eagle!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Yeah, Akira is totally the biggest Ryu ripoff besides Ryo and the Fighter's History guys. Like I said before, giving him the white gi made it worse! Like, compare the picture in the build to this, from the big Sega/Namco/Capcom crossover, Project X Zone: Image Slightly less of a Ryu ripoff, wouldn't you say? It's still there, though.
Jabroniville

Lau Chan

Post by Jabroniville »

LAU CHAN
Role:
Martial Artist, Elder Statesman
PL 8 (100)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+14)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 8 (+8)
Expertise (Chef) 4 (+6)
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Assessment, Benefit (Uses Attack to Feint in Combat), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Pai- Daughter)
Weakness (Strange Disease)- Lau is dying of some mystery disease.
Motivation (Finding a Successor to His Fighting Style)

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 11 (100)

-Lau Chan is your everyday Old Man Fighter, though he was merely middle-aged in the first game. He suffers from one of those weird anime "Strange Cough of Death" things that is slowly killing him without really being named (Tuberculosis?). He was the canonical winner of the first tournament, but his health (and his restaurant) continue to fail as time goes on. He seeks to find a pupil to master his unique style (Tiger Swallow Fist)- however, the monk Lei Fei turned out to be evil.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Saw the new Beauty & The Beast film. As it's basically the same movie as the cartoon, it's very good. There are some random changes throughout, but all minor.

* Belle is an inventor, because feminism I guess. It doesn't matter at all to the plot, and only shows up once.

* We get some backstory as to the parents of our leads. And even side characters get family. There's also some stuff to deflate continuity issues from the original (no mention of time, reasoning why the servants were cursed, why it's winter all of a sudden, why nobody remembers the giant castle & Prince).

* alot of dialogue is kept exact (most of "Bonjour"). Other bits are changed, but only slightly. It's actually a little weird.

* Maurice is made less cartoonish, as is The Beast's anger and Gaston's he-man attitude. This alters things just a little. Less broad, and more like a sitcom.

* Emma Watson really can't sing well. At all. The problem with keeping all the cues of the original while using "regular" actors.

* LeFou has been made man-crushy on Gaston to the point of mincing, now. Though some of the best gags are based around it. Josh Gad was really trying to steal the scenery here.

* Using such focus on the servants kind of detracts from the main couple (especially during The Big Moment, which feels more glossed over here), though they're shown together reading a lot more. In the cartoon & play, Beast was illiterate.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Pai Chan

Post by Jabroniville »

PAI CHAN
Role:
Martial Artist
PL 8 (102)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 10 (+16)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Expertise (Acting) 4 (+7)
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Assessment, Benefit (Uses Attack to Feint in Combat), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Offense:
Initiative +10

Defenses:

Complications:
Relationship (Lau- Father)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (102)

-Pai is your everyday "Chinese Girl" fighter. She's a Hong Kong-based movie star who blamed her father Lau for the death of her mother (who had to struggle to support the family while Lau was off "perfecting himself"), coming to the first tournament to face him. She lost to her father in two separate tournaments, and she saved him from Lei-Fei, but still comes to the tournaments to show him her strength. She is a highly-athletic fighter who does things like cartwheel kicks.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Man, that "Anime Cough of Death" trope shows up a lot, though the most prominent example that comes to mind in for me, besides Ukitake from Bleach, is ol' Ukyo Tachibana from Samurai Shodown (which I'll be looking forward to see builds for whenever you get around to it), who somehow kept showing up in each game despite supposedly dying of tuberclosis, and still managed to kick ass despite his illness. Also I never noticed that Lau looked like Mercenary Tao/Tao Pai Pai until that picture pointed it out, huh. I'm also liking the Virtua Fighter builds. The more fighting game series that get statted by people, the better, I say.
Jabroniville

Wolf Hawkfield

Post by Jabroniville »

WOLF HAWKFIELD
Role:
Martial Artist, Pro Wrestler
PL 8 (101)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+13)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages: 

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Rivalry (Akira Yuki)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (101)

-Wolf was your typical "Pro Wrestler" character, using various wrestling moves in a game that was usually more realistic. He was beaten by Akira and became obsessed with defeating him- the challenges in the wrestling ring were seen as lacking in challenge. Like most Native American characters, he dresses exactly like a Stereotypical Injun.

-Oddly, he became defictionalized in 1997 when a "Wolf Hawkfield" began wrestling for All Japan Pro Wrestling, portrayed by American wrestler Jim Steele (Japan uses a large number of Big Muscular Foreigners as semi-antagonistic "Gaijin" wrestlers, contrasting the smaller, more traditional Japanese). This is actually humorously similar to my friend and I making fictional wrestling federations and using Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat characters as wrestlers- in mine, the SF characters were said to be based on my "original" wrestlers (I used what I thought were their names in the movies, leading to Viktor Sagat & Ryu Hoshi as wrestlers. Most of the guys were soon dropped, but I would use Sagat and the "Balrog Brothers" tag team for YEARS), and in his, the MK guys were just a stable of goofy characters, most of whom were enormous seven-footers, and later changed to their "real names" and then dropped once he got sick of them.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

One thing I'm curious about: Will you stat Siba too? He's a guy that was meant to be in the first game, but got cut and replaced with Akira. He later appeared in Fighters Megamix as a bonus character. He does higher damage than most VF guys because of his scimitar, but it's a breakable weapon even in-game.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:21 am One thing I'm curious about: Will you stat Siba too? He's a guy that was meant to be in the first game, but got cut and replaced with Akira. He later appeared in Fighters Megamix as a bonus character. He does higher damage than most VF guys because of his scimitar, but it's a breakable weapon even in-game.
Yup- he's on the list :).
Jabroniville

Siba

Post by Jabroniville »

SIBA
Role:
Martial Artist
PL 8 (88)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Perception 2 (+2)
Advantages: 
Assessment, Benefit (Uses Attack to Feint in Combat), Chokehold, Equipment (Sword), Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Offense:
Sword +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:

Complications:
Stuff

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 14 (88)

-Siba was supposed to be in the original Virtua Fighter game, but was dummied out and replaced by Akira. Only fancy codes can uncover him, though he popped up in the later Fighter's Megamix. His sword allows him to hit very hard, but he's got even less character than the other fighters.
Jabroniville

Jackie

Post by Jabroniville »

JACKIE BRYANT
Role:
Martial Artist, Bruce Lee Clone, Protective Brother
PL 8 (100)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Perception 2 (+4)
Vehicles 5 (+7)
Vehicles 6 (+13) Flaws: Limited to Grounded Vehicles

Advantages: 

Offense:
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Sarah Bryant)
Enemy (J6)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (100)

-Jackie Bryant is a typical Cocky American Fighter, out to find out the truth behind his sister's disappearance and his own car accident (spoiler alert: J6 is behind it). He's also a race car driver and Jeet Kune Do expert, fighting like Bruce Lee (but more like the ACTUAL Bruce Lee, not his movie version). He and his sister are more or less similar fighters, but he's a bit hated in VF5 because of how easy he is to learn, making a LOT of players choose him.
MacynSnow

Re: Jackie

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:18 am Image

JACKIE BRYANT
Role:
Martial Artist, Bruce Lee Clone, Protective Brother
PL 8 (100)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Perception 2 (+4)
Vehicles 5 (+7)
Vehicles 6 (+13) Flaws: Limited to Grounded Vehicles

Advantages: 

Offense:
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Sarah Bryant)
Enemy (J6)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (100)

-Jackie Bryant is a typical Cocky American Fighter, out to find out the truth behind his sister's disappearance and his own car accident (spoiler alert: J6 is behind it). He's also a race car driver and Jeet Kune Do expert, fighting like Bruce Lee (but more like the ACTUAL Bruce Lee, not his movie version). He and his sister are more or less similar fighters, but he's a bit hated in VF5 because of how easy he is to learn, making a LOT of players choose him.
i actually liked this guy's background(Honestly,it was better than Half of the Other VF Gang),though personally i think you understated him a little....
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (El Aguila! American Eagle! Ahab! Virtua Fighter!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh yeah? I figured most of the cast for being at a similar level (Various fighters have won the tournament, for example). What would make Jackie better?
Jabroniville

Sarah

Post by Jabroniville »

SARAH BRYANT
Role:
Martial Artist, Special Agent
PL 8 (96)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 8 (+10)
Expertise (Assassin) 8 (+10)
Perception 2 (+4)
Stealth 6 (+12)

Advantages: 

Offense:
Initiative +10

Defenses:

Complications:
Relationship (Jackie Bryant)
Enemy (J6)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (96)

-For some reason, Blonde Secret Agent/Spy is like the most copied thing ever in 3-D Fighting Games. Seriously- Virtua Fighter has Sarah, Tekken has Nina Williams, and Toshinden has Sofia. It's REALLY weird- such a specific thing. She was kidnapped by J6 and brainwashed in order to be an assassin. Once she's cured in the second or third game, she returns to the tournament to "resolve her past", which involves beating the crap out of people. Her skin-tight blue outfit combined with that blonde ponytail makes her look humorously similar to the modern version of Samus Aran.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Sarah

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:21 pm Image

SARAH BRYANT
Role:
Martial Artist, Special Agent
PL 8 (96)

-For some reason, Blonde Secret Agent/Spy is like the most copied thing ever in 3-D Fighting Games. Seriously- Virtua Fighter has Sarah, Tekken has Nina Williams, and Toshinden has Sofia. It's REALLY weird

While 2D, lets not forget Cammy, who started the whole blonde special agent/brainwashed/mysterious past/assassin thing.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Jeffry

Post by Jabroniville »

JEFFRY McWILD
Role:
Martial Artist, Shark-Hunter
PL 8 (90)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+12)
Expertise (Hunting) 8 (+8)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages: 
Assessment, Benefit (Uses Attack to Feint in Combat), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (The Devil-Shark)

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (90)

-Jeffry is a pretty typical example of how silly Virtua Fighter's story is- his ENTIRE CHARACTER is themed around hunting down a "Devil Shark". Every game. He's the strongest VF character, using the Pankration fighting style. When J6 captures the Shark, he grows obsesed again, and joinst he tournament for lack of anything to do with his life.