Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Rodent of Unusual Size

Post by Jabroniville »

RODENT OF UNUSUAL SIZE (Rattus holycrapus)
Role:
Nightmare Fuel
PL 5 (11)- Minion Rank 1, Sidekick Rank 3
Normal Version:
PL 2
STRENGTH 1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+4)
Intimidation 7 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Stealth 6 (+8)

Advantages:
Benefit (Cipher- People Doubt They Exist), Fast Grab

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]

"Natural Weapons- Diseased Teeth"
Strength-Damage +3 Linked to Weaken Stamina 2 (Extras: Progressive +2) [9]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Bite +5 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +1

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Rodents of Unusual Size cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 6 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 3 (11)

Era: Fantasy Realms
Range: Grasslands, forests.
Colouring: Brown, grey, black, tan
Size: Up to 4.5 feet long (77-145 lbs.)
Encounter Groups: Various, from solitary to hordes.
Diet: Grass & vegetation, opportunistic hunters.
Tactics: Bite savagely with large teeth.

-Reposted (but upgraded a bit- PL 3.5 wouldn't hurt Westley much). Basically a Giant Rat, an R.O.U.S. is big and strong compared to most any rodent, easily able to tackle and knock over a human male (even an experienced dashing swordsman/pirate) if he gets the jump on it. Once they're armed with a sword or something, the Rodent is basically screwed, but at PL 4.5, they can be pretty scary to an unaware human being with no powers.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Fire Emblem Builds Complete! The Princess Bride!)

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

And R.I.P. to the One True Batman, Kevin Conroy. Nobody else will ever come close.
Ken

Re: Princess Buttercup

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:50 am Image

PRINCESS BUTTERCUP
Role:
The Damsel In Distress, The Defrosting Ice Queen
Played by: Robin Wright

Advantages:
Attractive
There's a shortage of perfect breasts in the world.

And of descriptions of same.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Count Rugen

Post by Jabroniville »

Inigo: Offer me money.
Rugen: Yes!
Inigo: Power, too, promise me that.
Rugen: All that I have and more. PLEASE...
Inigo: Offer me everything I ask for.
Rugen: Anything you want... *takes a swing*
Inigo: *fatally stabs Rugen in the stomach* I want my father back, you son of a bitch!
-Inigo & Rugen, showing you how you get some goddamned REVENGE.

COUNT TYRONE RUGEN
Role:
The Sheriff of Nottingham (aka #2 Villain Guy), Dirty Coward
Played by: Christopher Guest
PL 6 (75)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Royalty) 2 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit 2 (Count of Florin), Equipment 1 (Sword, Dagger), Improved Critical 2 (Dagger, Sword), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Startle

Equipment:
"Throwing Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Ranged 3) (Diminished Range -3) (4) -- (5)
AE: "Sword" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sword +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Throwing Knife +9 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- The Count is a cheapskate, and has been known to demand items at 1/10th of their true value.
Responsibility (Dirty Rotten Coward)- When facing the skill of Inigo Montoya, his tactic was to stand at the ready... and then run away like a little bitch, then get a cheap-shot in. When his life is at risk, he will beg for it.
Prejudice (Six Fingers on His Right Hand)- People don't seem to treat him that poorly for it, but it makes him unfortunately easy to pick out of a crowd, or recognize if you've been hunting him for twenty years.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 2 (75)

-The Count is kind of a funny fit in the film- he's there to give Inigo Montoya his Revenge Story, but also acts as a reliable #2 to Prince Humperdinck, effectively taking an enforcer role like The Sheriff of Nottingham does in Robin Hood-themed things. He's played by Christopher Guest with a kind of serious monotone to his voice (Guest is famously-dour in real life, and not at all funny like in most of his films, like the famous This Is Spinal Tap- he views that as his JOB), until he begins panicking when Inigo Montoya springs back from a near-fatal wound. He's a good swordsman and good at range, but not up to snuff with any of our movie's heroes (PL 6 is good, but not GREAT)- he's not even that good a liar; Westley is easily able to tell he's full of crap when he suggests that The Dread Pirate Roberts will be allowed to return to his ship.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Post by Shock »

He should have had Feature (Six fingers on right hand)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Shock wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:54 am He should have had Feature (Six fingers on right hand)
And an "N", not an "R" at the end of his name.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

True story: the scene where the Count bops Westley on the head and he falls unconscious? That was real. Guest was trying to make the hit look convincing without actually making contact with Elwes' head. Finally Elwes just told Guest to go ahead and hit him, which Guest did. Elwes woke up a couple hours later in the hospital and the director decided to use that take for the final cut of the film.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:54 am He should have had Feature (Six fingers on right hand)
How is that a feature, lol? Slightly better grip? I left it in as a Complication! Dude has to have his gloves specially made, I bet!
Jabroniville

Prince Humperdinck

Post by Jabroniville »

Humperdinck: Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped.
Rugen: Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything.

PRINCE HUMPERDINCK
Role:
Evil Royal, Dirty Coward
Played by: Chris Sarandon
PL 4 (66)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Tracking) 9 (+12)
Expertise (Royalty) 4 (+7)
Insight 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit 4 (Ruler of Florin), Equipment 1 (Sword, Dagger)

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sword +4 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Power)
Secret (War Profiteer)- The Prince secretly wants a war with the hated rival nation of Gilder, and wants to frame them for the murder of Princess Buttercup on their wedding night.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 2 (66)

-The Prince seems noble at first, but instead reveals himself to be a giant douchebag who wants to murder Buttercup (Westley's one true love) for the purpose of starting a war with a rival nation (it's never quite explained WHY, but it's really just an excuse to get the plot moving and isn't important). He's played with unlikable aplomb by Chris Sarandon (Susan's ex, and why she has that surname; he's also Jack Skellington in The Nightmare Before Christmas)- an absolute dirt-evil rotten bastard who's openly unpleasant to nearly everyone, loves watching torture carried out, and more.

-Though a bastard and a coward, Humperdinck is not without skill- he's the greatest tracker ever ("A giant was beaten here"), and great at bluffing (few know his true motivations), but he folds like a card table under adversity (or an extra-good Intimidation Skill).
Davies

Post by Davies »

One way that the movie is a bit inferior to the book is that the latter goes into a fair amount of detail about Humperdink's back story and what he gets up to while not coming up with elaborate plots. The loss of Inigo and Fezzik's descent through the Zoo of Death is a sad one, even though the "Father, guide my sword" scene is a great replacement.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Marvel Gear

Post by Jabroniville »

MARVEL GEAR:
-So many moons ago, during the construction of "The List" with Spectrum, as a reward I offered him to pick the next set of things to stat. I believe one of the things he mentioned was a desire to see some kind of profile on various bits of gear in the Marvel Universe. Some things I've touched on since then (the Infinity Gems & Gauntlet, for instance), but it's good to dust off the old topic and re-post some of this again.

The Pre-Existing Builds:
Cerebro (Cerebra)
Cosmic Cubes
The Darkhold
The Infinity Gauntlet
The Infinity Gems
Infinity Gems (Jokes & Extras)
The Manticore
The Serpent Crown
The Ultimate Nullifier
The Worldengine
Shock

Post by Shock »

Ares wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:55 am True story: the scene where the Count bops Westley on the head and he falls unconscious? That was real. Guest was trying to make the hit look convincing without actually making contact with Elwes' head. Finally Elwes just told Guest to go ahead and hit him, which Guest did. Elwes woke up a couple hours later in the hospital and the director decided to use that take for the final cut of the film.
Well, if you're gonna get knocked out for a take, they damn well better use it in the movie right?
Jabroniville

Adamantium

Post by Jabroniville »

ADAMANITUM
Created By:
Roy Thomas & Barry Windsor-Smith
First Appearance: The Avengers #66 (July 1969)
Role: Supposedly-Rare Super-Metal

-Adamantium is the virtually-indestructible made-up metal of the Marvel Universe, and easily the most-iconic example of this type of thing in fiction. Its first appearance in comics was thanks to the robot Ultron, who was made out of the stuff in order to become a bigger threat- an enemy that could under no circumstances be stopped by punchingm, even at the hands of the Mighty Thor. The rarity and impervious nature of this material was in effect for decades, as typically only Ultron had any access to it. But when Wolverine was first revealed to have a metallic skeleton to go along with his claws, and then this was all revealed to be made of Adamantium, it sparked something. ESPECIALLY once Wolverine became the most popular character in comics!

-Eventually, Wolverine would have to deal with Lady Deathstrike, who sported Adamantium Claws of her own. Various Captain America-style Shields would be made of it- the idea of it being a "hybrid" of Adamantium & Vibranium (which pre-dates it) would sprout up as a fan theory. Ultron's "bride" Alkhema was made of it. So was the robot T.E.S.S.-One. Hawkeye had one single Adamantium Arrow in his quiver. A few guys managed one-offs of the stuff. But I think the true sign of the floodgates having been opened was when THE CONSTRICTOR of all people started sporting an Adamantium set of Coils. Like... Wolverine used to be a RARITY. You could still pretend the stuff was hard to get when only a handful of important characters or a forgotten one-off or something had access to it. But the friggin' Constrictor? The guy's a single level above Jobber, and can't beat anybody good. How in the hell did HE get access to Adamantium? And enough to build his ultra-long constricting coils!

-But while that was a sign of the floodgates, the sign of Stupidity Personified was when Wolverine's over-the-top, silly villain Cyber showed up sporting Adamantium SKIN. He was all "Haw-haw-haw I am so powerful now!", and even Young Jab was like "... no, that's stupid." At some point in the early to mid-'90s, Adamantium became so over-used (largely thanks to the popularity of Wolverine, who'd made it REALLY famous) that it stopped being special when a guy showed up with something made out of it. Much like Supermanalogues, Uber-High Power Levels, or whatever else there is out there, every new guy who shows up sporting it makes it a little less special for everyone else. It lost it's "Ooh, NEAT!" touch.

-Nowadays at Marvel, you're more likely to go "oh, ho-hum, another guy with Adamantium. Big deal." Friggin' Bullseye has bones laced with the stuff for NO REASON (they even ignored the whole "you get poisoned by Adamantium if you have bones made of it, and only Wolverine is immune thanks to his Healing Factor" side-thing they used to explain why nobody ELSE was lacing themselves with the stuff)- ANY metal could have done! BattleStar is carrying a Shield made of it, when he's the fifth-string Cap Sidekick. It got bad enough that they started establishing there were two types of Adamantium- one was "Secondary Adamantium", which Thor could smash, "if he goes all-out".

Stuff in the Marvel Universe made of Adamantium:
Captain America's Shield (mixed with Vibranium with an unknown catalyst, though I've also heard that this is incorrect- constant repetition has more or less made it true, in any case)
BattleStar's Shield
Wolverine's Skeleton and Claws (in fact, after a point, THIS became the most-iconic use of Adamantium in comics)
Ultron's metallic shell
Alkhema's metallic shell
X-23's Claws
Doctor Octopus's Robotic Arms (note: one-shot for an Erik Larsen story)
Lady Deathstrike's Claws
Cyber's Skin & Claws
Sabretooth's Skeleton & Claws (note: only for a short while)
Bullseye's spinal column
Moon Knight's Crescent Blades and some other weapons
T.E.S.S.-One's metallic shell
Hammerhead's skull
Maverick's knife & some ammo
Hawkeye's Adamantium Arrow (usually a one-off)
Major Victory's containment suit
Constrictor's Coils
Deathlok's body parts (only a few)
Citizen V's Rapier
Dog Logan's Mace from the future
Agent Zero's combat knife & bullets
S.P.I.N. Tech de-powering darts' tips
Doom 2009's Suit
Swordsman's Blade edge
The Russian's body is threaded with it upon his resurrection
Stilt-Man's Armor (one-off)
Lee Childs' Knife

Stats:
-Adamantium is, for all intents and purposes, invulnerable. Thor's mightiest strike with Mjolnir can only dent a small cylinder of the stuff, and even a bit can survive a direct hit from a nuclear weapon. A lesser form known as "Secondary Adamantium" is still extremely-durable, but much less so- Thor & Blastaar, for example, have destroyed objects of this material (during Ultron Unlimited, Thor going all-out was able to shatter Ultrons of this composition). Characters made of Adamantium have Toughness 19-21, and so much Impervious that you'd need +15 Damage at MINIMUM in order to damage it (and usually you're only damaging something inside them that's NOT invulnerable- only beings like The Molecule Man, The Beyonder or the wielder of the Infinity Gauntlet can break things like Captain America's Shield). Magneto and other metal-effecting characters can warp Adamantium, and "Antarctic Vibranium", an Anti-Metal, will destroy any metals around it, including pure Adamantium.

-Most guys with weapons made of it have the "Unbreakable" Feat added onto their Devices or a Feature: Unbreakable added to their Skeleton. Weapons made of Adamantium typically do 1-2 ranks more damage than standard-issue weapons of the same type.

Ultron's Body is as such:
"Adamantium Body" Protection 21 (Extras: Impervious 31) [52]

Alkhema's is slightly-weaker, largely due to having less protective stuff guarding her vulnerable innards:
"Adamantium Body" Protection 18 (Extras: Impervious 29) [47]

OTHER IMPERVIOUS METALS:
-Adamantine is the only one I can think of other than Adamantium and Uru- it's a golden metal used by Hercules for his little-used mace.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:06 am
How is that a feature, lol? Slightly better grip? I left it in as a Complication! Dude has to have his gloves specially made, I bet!
One of my favourite parts of the book that never made the movie was Count Rugen going to Inigo's father Domingo Monotya, a swordsmith of great renown, and asking him to make a sword that he could wield with his six-fingered hand. Domingo is actually thrilled by the challenge of it and sets to work, with waves of depression and mania as he goes through the creative process of getting the sword perfect. When it's finished and Rugen returns for it, the Count acts unimpressed and tries to haggle down the price, insulting Domingo who refuses the money and gives the sword to Inigo, whereupon Rugen kills Domingo. Inigo, a child of ten, I think, fights Rugen with the six-fingered sword and naturally doesn't win but does given Rugen pause a few times before leaving him. Inigo then goes on his Batman-style quest to become the greatest swordsman ever to kill Rugen and deliver those famous words.

It's mentioned in brief by Inigo, but the story goes on for pages, giving a lot of detail and devling into the father-son relationship and their individual characters and the vengeance quest and so on until Vizzini finds him drunk in a tavern somewhere, so I get why they didn't keep it for the movie, but it's a great story within the story. (Fezzik has a backstory, too, but Inigo's is just better.)
Jabroniville

Vibranium

Post by Jabroniville »

VIBRANIUM
Created By:
Stan Lee & John Romita
First Appearance: Daredevil #13 (Feb. 1966)
Role: Metal Macguffin

-Vibranium was initially introduced in a Daredevil issue, and had properties later explained as "Anti-Metal". Proper Vibranium became a thing in the Fantastic Four issue that introduced the Black Panther, as it was the central cog around which all of Wakanda, a hyper-advanced civilization in Africa, turned. This Vibranium could "Absorb Sound", and was thus a big target of Klaw, the "Master of Sound". It's generally used whenever Adamantium isn't- an "indestructible" metal that absorbs vibrations of ALL kinds (not just sound), which makes it nigh-impervious to harm. In modern times, T'Challa would render all Vibranium inert after Doctor Doom gained access to Wakanda's entire supply. This obviously got undone or forgotten later- explained on the Marvel Wiki as the "Reset" of Secret Wars just defaulting a lot of stuff back to normal.

The Vibranium mound is thought to have been a meteor that struck 1 million years ago. Only two planets are known to retain any- Earth & Torfa (discovered in a modern Guardians of the Galaxy issue), making it hard to come by.

There are a few variations of it- Wakandan Vibranium is the purest and has the most absorptive properties. "Reverbium" was created in an attempt to replicate the then-inert Vibranium, but it proved too unstable. A form of "Living Vibranium" discovered in Wakanda had mimicry effects, but also proved too unstable.

Stats:
-Generally not invulnerable- just highly-durable. It's just really, REALLY good Armor, often with Immunity (Falling Damage) or something like that.

Stuff in the Marvel Universe made of Vibranium:
U.S. Agent's various Shields
Captain America's Shield is part-Vibranium, part-iron (not Adamantium, as is often thought)
Captain America's replacement Shield as "The Captain"
Hawkeye's "Vibration-Deadening" Arrow
The Constrictor's Coils are either this or Adamantium (the Vibranium version deadens sound)
The Young X-Man Gentle's tattoos
Agent Zero's Vibranium-Weave Silent Armor
Misty Knight's Arm is made of the Anti-Metal type
Warpath's Twin Daggers
The Black Panther's Vibranium-Mesh uniform (stab-proof, but not slice-proof)
Avengers Tower's walls are Vibranium/Concrete