Jab’s Builds! (Whomp 'Em! Plumbers Don't Wear Ties! ToeJam & Earl!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jack of Spades

Re: Space-Boy

Post by Jack of Spades »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:09 am I don't think I've ever read a comic where she's fought anybody. What has she actually done, specifically?
Nothing of note that I recall, but from what I can remember whenever four goons are sent after her she'll put one or two of them down before she gets grabbed. PL4 seems fine.
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Jabroniville

Match

Post by Jabroniville »

MATCH
Created By:
Ron Marz & Ramon Bernado
First Appearance: Superboy #35 (Jan. 1997)
Role: Mirror Image Villain (to Superboy)
Group Affiliations: Titans East, Suicide Squad, Project Cadmus
PL 12 (248)
STRENGTH
15 STAMINA 14 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Aerobatics 4 (+8)
Deception 7 (+6)
Intimidation 8 (+7)
Perception 5 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Heat Vision/Freeze Breath) 2 (+9)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Takedown, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"More Powerful Than a Speeding Locomotive" Power-Lifting 4 (12,000 tons) [4]
"The Man of Steel" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 13) [14]
Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging) [11]

"Heat Beam" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (36) -- [41]
  • AE: "Heat Vision" Blast 12 (Feats: Extended Reach 2) (26)
  • AE: "Freeze Breath" Affliction 11 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition) (33)
  • AE: "Freeze Cone" Affliction 11 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone, Extra Condition) (33)
  • AE: "Ground Pound" Affliction 12 (Strength/Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded, Instant Recovery) (24)
  • AE: "Super-Breath" Affliction 12 (Strength/Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone +2, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded, Instant Recovery) Linked to Move Object 9 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (Flaws: Touch Range) (15)
"Faster Than a Speeding Bullet"
Flight 15 (50,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (31) -- [35]
  • Dynamic AE: Quickness 10 (Feats: Dynamic) (11)
  • Dynamic AE: Speed 11 (1,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (16)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]

Senses 19 (Extended Vision & Hearing 3, Analytical, Infra, Ultra & Microvision 4, Vision Penetrates Concealment, Ultra-Hearing) [19]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Heat Vision +9 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Heat Beam +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Freeze Breath +9 (+11 Ranged Affliction, DC 21)
Freeze Cone/Ground Pound +12 Area (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +15 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +4

Complications:
Power Loss/Vulnerable (Kryptonite)- Match will lose all of his powers, and soon begin to die, if exposed to Kryptonite, the element of his dead homeworld.
Power Loss/Vulnerable (Red Sun Radiation)- Earth's Yellow Sun empowers Match- without it, he will soon lose his powers. Red Sun-based energies will do much more damage to him.
Power Loss/Vulnerable (Magic)- Magic has a vague effect on Match- sometimes he's so vulnerable to it that a werewolf or something can hurt him- at other times, it just hurts a bit more than regular attacks would.
Power Loss (X-Ray Vision)- Kryptonian X-Ray Vision cannot penetrate lead.
Relationship (Cassie Sandsmark- Wonder Girl)- Match develops a one-sided crush on Cassie after she confesses her love to him, thinking he's Superboy.
Enemy (Conner Kent- Superboy)
Disabled (Decaying)- Match's mind and body slowly decay years after his creation, probably reducing some physical stats.

Total: Abilities: 88 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 126 / Defenses: 10 (248)

-Match is effectively the new "Bizarro Superboy", created for the modern Superboy's book by a group called "The Agenda", who wanted a cloned army to help them rule the world or whatever. Superboy destroyed their base and left Match alone and ailing. The Agenda recovered and took over Project Cadmus while Match replaced the kidnapped Superboy on Young Justice- Superboy eventually broke free and beat everyone. There was a humorous bit during Joker's Last Laugh (in which Jokerized villains were a threat in every book at DC) where the writer just contemptuously used this forced-story as a Jokerized Match shows up to harass Young Justice, but they pass it off as the real Superboy attempting to use levity to make them feel better after Robin & Impulse both quit earlier that day. Match is thus completely ignored, though falls for Wonder Girl when she confesses to loving Superboy.

-After Superboy's death, Match joins Deathstroke's villainous Titans East as a way to mentally torture the Titans. Eventually, Match's mind and body rot away, causing him to act like a normal Bizarro clone. He says "You so ugly when you sleep, me hate to watch you" to Wonder Girl and tries to make time with her, and ultimately only loses when Wonder Girl deflects his heat vision back at him with her bracelets. Jericho, now returned to life, possesses Match's body and uses it for a few arcs, but Match finally breaks free. Superboy-Prime later tracks down Match and slaughters him, using it to reverse engineer three clones of Superboy- a Kryptonite wielded by Robin & Ravager kills all three.

-Match is apparently equal in power to Superboy, and kept developing the Kryptonian-esque onces when Superboy stopped doing the "Tactile Telekinesis" thing. He's just a bit dumber and less savvy.
Jabroniville

The Bottle City of Kandor

Post by Jabroniville »

From Wikipedia:
While Binder and Plastino created the first Kandor story, the tale was elaborated on in a series of stories by writer Edmond Hamilton and artist Curt Swan. Swan particularly enjoyed drawing Kandor stories: "Where else could you have the fun of creating an entire city in a bottle? I think Al Plastino had first drawn Kandor, the Kryptonian city that had been miniaturized... But I had a lot of fun inventing all that tiny futuristic architecture, not to mention the view from inside the bottle — with the "giant" figures peering in. Creating and re-creating the city was so much fun, in fact, that there was never a standard pattern or skyline of Kandor; it was never drawn the same way twice".

THE BOTTLE CITY OF KANDOR
Created By:
Otto Binder & Al Plastino
First Appearance: Action Comics #242 (July 1958)
Role: Lost Kryptonian Colony

-The Bottle City of Kandor is one of the most recurring elements of Silver Age Superman stories, to the point where it shows up a ton of times in various bios I've now written. It originated in the story that debuted Brainiac, who had been shrinking and keeping various cities (including Metropolis) in bottles. Superman defeats the villain at the end of the story and keeps the still-shrunken city, with all its inhabitants, in his Fortress of Solitude, working on a way to enlarge it.

-So it turns out that Kandor was an ENTIRE DAMN CITY that Brainiac had captured before Krypton exploded. Still-shrunken (Superman uses Brainiac's ray to enlarge every city, but runs out of cosmic energy right before it's Kandor's turn), it was kept by Supes, and various stories sprung out of it- it was apparently Mort Weisinger's idea- a way to enlarge the supporting cast and allow for a variety of stories. For example, Superman & Supergirl would fight evil criminals from the city (who'd invariably grow themselves to full size). Or Superman & Jimmy Olsen would head to Kandor and act as non-powered superheroes Nightwing & Flamebird. Writers would also use this as a way to explore Kryptonian customs & culture without having to do "Jor-El Flashbacks" like in the '50s. Subsequent columnists have indicated that the concept was fascinating and "The Kandor Problem" made it clear that even Superman couldn't get everything he wanted.

-Len Wein wrote the final Kandor story, in which Kandor is finally restored to normal size via an "Enlarging Ray" Superman makes, and ends up settling on a new planet called Rokyn. Wein later admitted that he regretted restoring the city- "Although I like the ending of the story, I'm sorry I did the story. I don't think that any of us realized at the time that what was old to us was new to somebody just coming in... I came at Kandor thinking: 'I'm so tired of this. It's been 20 years, 30 years, of that stupid city'. So I came up with a story I thought might have some emotional impact... I regret that, because the idea of a bottle city of tiny people is a much cooler idea than what I left it as".

-John Byrne, who hated the concept of Kandor, didn't include it in his reimagining of Superman. He wanted both there to be only ONE living Kryptonian, and disliked the fact that every book featuring Kandor had to explain its ENTIRE HISTORY via what he thought was clumsy exposition. Post-Crisis, Kandor was a city blown up by the terrorist organization "Black Zero". Another Kandor was introduced in 1996, populated by various alien species and kept in a "bottle" that was actually extradimensional space. Geoff Johns later returns Kandor in the Birthwright story in the early 2000s. A "New Krypton" shows up in the Superman books, but is destroyed by the machinations of Lex Luthor.
Davies

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Lois Lane! Lana Lang! Gangbuster! Barrage! Bizarro!)

Post by Davies »

Of course, even if you like Kandor as a concept, it raises some questions. Like, if inside the bottle is a Kryptonian environment, and Superman has no powers there -- then why isn't Jimmy turned into a fine red mist by the gravity when he arrives?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Van-Zee

Post by Jabroniville »

VAN-ZEE (aka Nightwing II)
Created By:
Edmond Hamilton & Mort Weisinger
First Appearance: Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane #15 (Feb. 1960)
Role: Superman's Double

-Van-Zee was the kind of character you saw a lot in the Silver Age- someone who could pass for the exact double of the main hero. Van-Zee was an escaped Kandorian (he got enlarged by a scientist's ray) who appeared in Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane as an exact double of Superman, naturally, and became enamored with Lois. However, he knew she was with Superman, and so found an Earth woman who just LOOKED like Lois, because that's healthy and the formation of a true relationship. He and the rich heiress Sylvia DeWitt fell in love, and had two children, Lili & Lyle. Van-Zee even got a serum that imbued Sylvia with Kryptonian powers (!!!- they had stuff like that just LYING AROUND?). Eventually, the family moved to Kandor. Since he looked like Superman, he sometimes doubled for Superman when the Man of Steel wasn't around, and later took on the role of Nightwing- Superman's Kandorian superhero identity, with Ak-Var as his "Flamebird".
Jabroniville

Ak-Var

Post by Jabroniville »

AK-VAR (aka Flamebird II)
Created By:
Edmond Hamilton & Curt Swan
First Appearance: Action Comics #336 (April 1966)
Role: Repentant Kryptonian Criminal

-Ak-Var was an unusual Phantom Zone Criminal- a man who was a repentant criminal and turned good. He was part of a group that stole a Sun-Stone on Krypton, but was abandoned by his colleagues and left to take the blame. He got a thirty-year prison sentence, and was released by Superman, returning to Kandor. His accomplices, now 30 years older, all got powers thanks to Red Kryptonite exposure and committed crimes, framing Ak-Var for them. Ultimately, Superman got to the bottom of it and the two rounded up the real crooks. Ak-Var became the research assistant of Superman's double, Van-Zee, and the two became superheroes together, acting in Kandor as the new Nightwing & Flamebird when Superman & Jimmy Olsen couldn't do it. He married Van's niece Thara.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

GOOD & EVIL KRYPTONIANS:
-So the next bunch of guys are gonna be a variety of the surviving Kryptonians who've popped up in the comics in the Silver Age. As the joke goes "Krypton exploded, killing Superman's parents and a few close relatives".
Ken

Post by Ken »

I've often wondered about the bottle city of Phorthwrite.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Bottle City of Kandor

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:25 am -Len Wein wrote the final Kandor story, in which Kandor is finally restored to normal size via an "Enlarging Ray" Superman makes, and ends up settling on a new planet called Rokyn. Wein later admitted that he regretted restoring the city- "Although I like the ending of the story, I'm sorry I did the story. I don't think that any of us realized at the time that what was old to us was new to somebody just coming in... I came at Kandor thinking: 'I'm so tired of this. It's been 20 years, 30 years, of that stupid city'. So I came up with a story I thought might have some emotional impact... I regret that, because the idea of a bottle city of tiny people is a much cooler idea than what I left it as".
It's good to hear that Len eventually learned to appreciate his Kandor.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

The Outlaws From Krypton

Post by Jabroniville »

THE OUTLAWS FROM KRYPTON (U-Ban, Kizo & Mala)
Created By:
William Woolfolk & Al Plastino
First Appearance: Superman #65 (July 1950)
Role: The First Evil Kryptonians

-The first evil Kryptonians seen were actually a trio of guys in a one-off 1950 comic- they arrived by setting off a METEOR SHOWER in Metropolis, but this was solved in a couple of panels by Superman's speed. But these three soon popped up and announced themselves as a trio of Kryptonian criminals who had tried to rule Krypton, and were imprisoned for it by Jor-L, Superman's father. Unwilling to kill them, Jor-L sentenced them to exile in suspended animation- a predecessor to later writers using the Phantom Zone in the same way. An accident released them, and they decided to rule Earth. Superman ultimately brawled with them, but in one of those "you gotta OUTSMART them" things, it was pointless- everyone was nigh-invincible and so they'd just fight for hours with barely any result. Tired and outnumbered, Superman then used "Super-Ventriloquism" to make it seem like each was planning to betray the others, setting them all against each other.

-When they were KO'd, Superman then figured out his father's formula for suspended animation, gathered the ingredients in seconds (cuz super-speed) and re-exiled them. The group was seen once more in 1954, but a couple year later, Supergirl was the next living Kryptonian seen, and mentioned as the first one other than Superman. Curiously, this didn't immediately lead to a storm of "Evil Kryptonian Stories"- those would take another decade, though they'd utilize a lot of the same tropes that this story did.
Jabroniville

General Zod

Post by Jabroniville »

"Bow down, son of Jor-El! KNEEL before Zod!"

GENERAL ZOD (Dru-Zod)
Created By:
Robert Bernstein & George Papp
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #283 (April 1961)
Role: Evil Kryptonian General
PL 15 (238)
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 18 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Aerobatics 4 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (Military) 8 (+12)
Insight 2 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+10)
Perception 6 (+10)
Ranged Combat (Heat Vision/Freeze Breath) 4 (+11)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Takedown

Powers:
"More Powerful Than a Speeding Locomotive" Power-Lifting 2 (12,000 tons) [2]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 17) [19]
Immunity 6 (Poison, Aging, Heat, Cold, Pressure, Vaccum) [6]

"Heat Beam" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (42) -- [47]
  • AE: "Heat Vision" Blast 20 (Feats: Extended Range) (41)
  • AE: "Freeze Breath" Affliction 12 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition) (36)
  • AE: "Freeze Cone" Affliction 12 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone, Extra Condition) (36)
  • AE: "Ground Pound" Affliction 14 (Strength/Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded, Instant Recovery) (28)
  • AE: "Super-Breath" Affliction 13 (Strength/Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded, Instant Recovery) Linked to Move Object 11 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone +2) (Flaws: Touch Range) (25)
Flight 16 (125,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (33) -- [37]
  • Dynamic AE: Speed 10 (2,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (11)

Senses 15 (Extended Vision & Hearing 2, Infra, Ultra & Microvision 4, Vision Penetrates Concealment, Ultra-Hearing) [15]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Heat Vision +11 (+18 Ranged Damage, DC 33)
Heat Beam +14 Area (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Freeze Breath +11 (+12 Ranged Affliction, DC 22)
Freeze Cone/Ground Pound +12-14 Area (+12 Affliction, DC 22-24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +20 (+11 Impervious), Fortitude +17, Will +8

Complications:
Enemy (Superman)- Zod's feud with Jor-El continues on to his son, Kal.
Power Loss, Weakness (All Powers, Kryptonite Exposure)- The dreaded green rock (which is VERY common at times) will neutralize Zod's powers, AND rapidly poison him.
Power Loss/Vulnerable (Red Sun Radiation)- Earth's Yellow Sun empowers Kryptonians- without it, they will soon lose their powers. Red Sun-based energies will do much more damage to him.
Power Loss/Vulnerable (Magic)- Magic has a vague effect on Kryptonians.

Total: Abilities: 130 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 73 / Defenses: 10 (238)

"KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!:
-General Zod is one of Superman's more well-known villains, which is funny because the version from Superman II is far and away the most famous version of the character. The Post-Crisis era definitely enabled this, as the "Only One Kryptonian" rule meant he could never appear, and so DC could only do fakeouts and "Alternate Universes" to throw in a Zod, so it was never the main guy.

-In the Silver Age, "Dru-Zod" was a megalomaniacal Kryptonian in charge of the military forces. Zod tried to take over Krypton using a robotic army, and sentenced to 40 years in exile in the Phantom Zone by Jor-El. Released by Superman when the sentence was up, Zod immediately was like "SWEET! I HAVE SUPER-POWERS ON EARTH!" and went nuts trying to take it over. Superman ultimately defeated him and returned him to the Phantom Zone. Zod thus became a recurring foe; one of many "Phantom Zone Criminals" who would often be released en masse. Even the man-hating Faora would follow his orders, the two often debating over who was the most evil. A "General Zod" appeared in Superman II with a simple-minded goon and a vicious female ally, and quickly became the iconic version. Here, his gang were incredibly powerful and really made for a great sequel. The infamous line "Bow DOWN, son of Jor-El; KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!" is an all-time hammy villain line, and has been quoted for decades now.

Weird Attempts At Recapturing Zod:
-Post-Crisis, Zod could not appear due to editorial mandates, robbing Superman of someone who would have been maybe his most epic villain. One story managed to feature a "pocket universe" where Zod & two others used their powers to devastate Earth- Superman depowered them using Gold Kryptonite, then was forced to execute them with Green Kryptonite- because their own world was dead and couldn't sustain them, and he couldn't afford to leave three Kryptonians in an Earth prison. This was seen as one of many ways to break Superman's "No Killing" policy, and even Batman understood this was "an impossible decision that saved a world". Another Zod appeared in a 2001 story, from a reality created by Brainiac 13.

-A third "Zod" was a Russian man, born to two Cosmonauts who were irradiated by Kal-El's passing rocket when he was an infant travelling to Earth. Inspired by the pocket universe Zod, this guy gained powers under a red sun and was weakened by a yellow one, and built armor that filtered the sun into red. This was part of a story I'd actually read parts of- I thought it was the literal Zod returned; he even gets the famous "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!" line. He planned to turn the sun red and take over the Earth, and it would have worked if not for Lex Luthor, who didn't want to fight an EVIL Superman and saved our hero and the sun. Superman spared the Russian "Zod", but the villain attacked him while depowered, inadvertently killing himself smashing into Superman's invulnerable frame at super-speed. A fourth Zod was introduced before the Nu52- hailing from an alternate Phantom Zone, he was a white-bearded old man and resided alone in the Phantom Zone.

-Geoff Johns & Richard Donner teamed up to bring the ACTUAL Zod back to the mythos in 2006- Ursa from the movie is now his wife, and Non is their accomplice. They rebelled against the oppressive Kryptonian government, but themselves were tyrants and sentenced to the Phantom Zone. Here, Zod & Ursa had a son named Lor-Zod, who was sent to Earth and found by Clark & Lois Kent, who named him Christopher, effectively mimicking Superman's own origin story. Superman defeats them with a group of allies, but Zod & Ursa take Christopher with them back to the Zone. Zod returns in the New Krypton arc, becoming the military leader when Kandor is turned into its own planet. He & Superman now act as uneasy allies, but when New Krypton is destroyed, he declares war on Earth & Superman. Ultimately, Christopher himself pushes Zod back to the Phantom Zone.

Zod's Might:
-General Zod is effectively another super-powerful Kryptonian. The Russian version is kinda like this but dependent on a Removable suit.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Zod's original look was somewhat based on Benito Mussolini, which made him look quite a bit like Luthor. This has been completely overtaken by a look based on Terrence Stamp's look from the movie, which in turn makes him look like Vandal Savage's classic look.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ken

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Gangbuster! Barrage! Bizarro! General Zod!)

Post by Ken »

I've been out with friends, including another friend named "Ken", and when asked for a name on my order I answered "Zod".

1) Because of the other Ken
2) Because the friend just ahead of me was Neil.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Re: The Outlaws From Krypton

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:48 pm Image

THE OUTLAWS FROM KRYPTON (U-Ban, Kizo & Mala)

The group was seen once more in 1954.
I'm pretty sure that Mala, in the second story, was the first Kryptonian (of many) who could pass for Superman: Van-Zee, Mala, Don-El, et al.

Jabroniville

Faora

Post by Jabroniville »

FAORA HU-UL
Created By:
Cary Bates & Curt Swan
First Appearance: Action Comics #471 (May 1977)
Role: General Zod's Minion, Serial Killer
PL 14 (229)
STRENGTH
17 STAMINA 16 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Aerobatics 4 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 5 (+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 8 (+10)
Ranged Combat (Heat Vision/Freeze Breath) 4 (+11)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Takedown

Powers:
"More Powerful Than a Speeding Locomotive" Power-Lifting 2 (12,000 tons) [2]
Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 17) [20]
Immunity 6 (Poison, Aging, Heat, Cold, Pressure, Vaccum) [6]

"Mental Force Bolts" Affliction 18 (Extras: Will Save) (54) -- [60]
  • AE: "Heat Beam" Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (39)
  • AE: "Heat Vision" Blast 18 (Feats: Extended Range) (37)
  • AE: "Freeze Breath" Affliction 12 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition) (36)
  • AE: "Freeze Cone" Affliction 12 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone, Extra Condition) (36)
  • AE: "Ground Pound" Affliction 14 (Strength/Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded, Instant Recovery) (28)
  • AE: "Super-Breath" Affliction 13 (Strength/Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded, Instant Recovery) Linked to Move Object 11 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone +2) (Flaws: Touch Range) (25)
Flight 16 (125,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (33) -- [37]
  • Dynamic AE: Speed 10 (2,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (11)

Senses 15 (Extended Vision & Hearing 2, Infra, Ultra & Microvision 4, Vision Penetrates Concealment, Ultra-Hearing) [15]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Heat Vision +11 (+16 Ranged Damage, DC 31)
Heat Beam +13 Area (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Freeze Breath +11 (+12 Ranged Affliction, DC 22)
Mental Blast +11 (+18 Ranged Affliction, DC 28)
Freeze Cone/Ground Pound +12-14 Area (+12 Affliction, DC 22-24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +19 (+11 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +6

Complications:
Obsession (Killing Men)- Faora wishes only to slaughter men.
Power Loss, Weakness (All Powers, Kryptonite Exposure)- The dreaded green rock (which is VERY common at times) will neutralize Faora's powers, AND rapidly poison her.
Power Loss/Vulnerable (Red Sun Radiation)- Earth's Yellow Sun empowers Kryptonians- without it, they will soon lose their powers. Red Sun-based energies will do much more damage to her.
Power Loss/Vulnerable (Magic)- Magic has a vague effect on Kryptonians.

Total: Abilities: 110 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 87 / Defenses: 10 (229)

-Faora is a violent sadist from Krypton- she was imprisoned in the Phantom Zone for kidnapping, torturing and murdering various men (this is naturally a Bronze Age story- it's a BIT too heavy for the Silver Age). She despises men and focuses on heroic ones in particular. A martial arts master trained in Horu-Kanu, she is a deadly opponent, and even has MENTAL BOLTS for some reason, able to stun Kryptonians with a blast. Despite her hatred of men, she often worked for General Dru-Zod, and the two good-naturedly argue over which of the two is the most evil. She appears in a LOT of adaptations of the Super-verse (including Smallville), and is actually more likely to be used than Ursa, her counterpart from the Richard Donner movie Superman 2.

-Like most any Pre-Crisis Kryptonian, Faora is MASSIVELY powerful, hitting PL 14 stats easily. Despite having psychic bolts as a power, they cannot affect Superman due to his years under a yellow sun- I guess she just uses it to torture Phantom Zone inhabitants?