[OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EternalPhoenix

Re: [2e Recruitment] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Commander Titan wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:47 am Back from the holidays, so attempting to finish / update my build & background. Any and all notes on build or otherwise are eagerly welcomed.

Cecil Mortlake, Scientific Detective!
The only thing I'd suggest at this point, since offensive and Defensive caps are met, is a rank of Accurate on each of your Blast's APs. It'll fit, and you'll be more accurate with those attacks should you chose to use them. Unless being less capable with them is intentional, in which case cheers fam have fun with that.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:14 am
Miracle wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:34 am Any information on djinn/genies in the Phoenixverse? Right now Seven's luck is based off of her unknown father's magical nature. I plan to start using big stunts later on to reflect that. So, what kind are we looking at here? Wishmaster or Aladdin or both or something else?
I have not had any reason to think about it yet. So I dunno. What's your idea?
After a little though I've come up with this. hopefully it fits with your setting.

A djinn/genie is magical creature that draws upon the weaknesses of mortals. Seven deadly sins would be the closest approximation.

Whether or not you get the intent of your wish, or if they screw with it, depends on the djinn/genie.

To stay on Earth, they have to be bound to something. Some choose lamps still, but these days the bindings are much more extravagant.

Again, your setting, so I'm not going to go too far.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Miracle wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:36 am
EternalPhoenix wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:14 am
Miracle wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:34 am Any information on djinn/genies in the Phoenixverse? Right now Seven's luck is based off of her unknown father's magical nature. I plan to start using big stunts later on to reflect that. So, what kind are we looking at here? Wishmaster or Aladdin or both or something else?
I have not had any reason to think about it yet. So I dunno. What's your idea?
After a little though I've come up with this. hopefully it fits with your setting.

A djinn/genie is magical creature that draws upon the weaknesses of mortals. Seven deadly sins would be the closest approximation.

Whether or not you get the intent of your wish, or if they screw with it, depends on the djinn/genie.

To stay on Earth, they have to be bound to something. Some choose lamps still, but these days the bindings are much more extravagant.

Again, your setting, so I'm not going to go too far.
Yeah, that'll do. Pretty basic and can be filled in further at need.
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Good news, I'm gonna make the IC on Saturday. This does not mean Recruitment is closed at that point. There will be a bit of a prologue so everyone can get introduced to each other. Recruitment will remain open through that time.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Yay!
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Do our characters not know of each other before game?
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Miracle wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:12 am Do our characters not know of each other before game?
I mean, if you can wedge it into your backstories, I guess? Maybe you met briefly during the interview stage of hiring? I dunno, talk to the others. But this will be your first day on the job after being hired.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

While ages aren't mentioned in the other two accepted characters, I'm assuming they're above 21? Seven did go through a 'pretty freeloader' phase after high school (still does it sometimes when she she's low on cash and has to make rent, but that's what the job is for!) so they might have known her. They might have even suggested NPC Investigations as a place to work :mrgreen:

She does have a reputation for being a lucky person to be around, if that helps.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I thought I'd written it in the bio, but Princess Fedora is 31. Although they may have been running in completely different circles.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

I've just written the first post, and there's also a window during each of your basic tours of the NPC Brownstone to have met, however briefly. But again, discuss it among yourselves how you want to do it. They're your PCs, not mine. :thumbup:
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Blank's age is classified. :)
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:27 am
Commander Titan wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:47 am Back from the holidays, so attempting to finish / update my build & background. Any and all notes on build or otherwise are eagerly welcomed.

Cecil Mortlake, Scientific Detective!
The only thing I'd suggest at this point, since offensive and Defensive caps are met, is a rank of Accurate on each of your Blast's APs. It'll fit, and you'll be more accurate with those attacks should you chose to use them. Unless being less capable with them is intentional, in which case cheers fam have fun with that.
Did I have spare points in the Device builds I'm unaware of, or do you mean swapping out the other feats I had for those powers?
Current Setting Projects:
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Commander Titan wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:47 am Lightning Pistol (Device 4, Easy to Lose)
Blast 8 (Feat: Accurate)
AP - Dazzle 8 (Visual)
AP - Paralyze 5 (Feat: Reversible, Extras: Range, Alt-Save [Fort])
AP - Stun 5 (Feat: Sedation, Extra: Range)
To be specific, Blast 8 with one Power Feat is 17PP. Visual Dazzle 8 is 16PP, so there's room on that AP for an Accurate if you want one. Paralyze 5 and Stun 5 with one Extra and one Power Feat each are also each 16PP. So you can add an Accurate to each of these as well.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Whenever y'all are ready. Ask me whatever if you need to.
jmucchiello

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Recruitment still open during Prologue)

Post by jmucchiello »

So, there are three owners. Three senior associates. An unknown number of junior associates. And someone named Sofia whose job is unspecified, right?