[OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by Miracle »

After a week of hell, I'm home! Expect more from me.
EternalPhoenix

Re: [OOC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Gonna hop on this tonight. My "weekend" found me being obessessed with some games I found, but it's workin' time again so I can focus on other stuff.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I've been out of sorts for a couple days so I hadn't noticed.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

I don't think Seven would be able to give the 8 to something she can't detect? Subtle 2 would be unperceivable.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Just for reference, Princess Fedora is using her Attractive to boost the roll to get him to a more friendly state. Diplomacy (improve mood): 1D20+18 = [14]+18 = 32 will probably raise his Attitude by one or two spaces, although fortunately, probably short of Fanatical. :-D

FWIW, her Attractive, filtered via the Disney Princess power, is probably less raw sexuality and more just general appeal.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

jmucchiello wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:02 pm (Mind Reading 8, Sensory Link, Subtle 2) Power check: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15 Having to roll rather than the Will DC just being 18 is different in 2e.
Place this sort of thing in this thread, please. I know it's not how it's done normally here, but it'll drive my OCD nuts if you don't. I'm not rolling his will save because he's basically a bystander and...why bother?

Anyway, Jorge is worried about his kid, Nora, and his wife, Camila. He loves them very much, and he would really like to know where Nora is. At the time of your post, he was changing from nervous about you four to kind of confused. If you're going to continued to read through FuzzyBoots's post, you'll notice him shift towards more positive emotions about the four of you. Gratitude and hope.
Miracle wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:41 pm I don't think Seven would be able to give the 8 to something she can't detect? Subtle 2 would be unperceivable.
Perception Range vs Subtle 2? Yeah, can't happen.
FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:22 pm Just for reference, Princess Fedora is using her Attractive to boost the roll to get him to a more friendly state. Diplomacy (improve mood): 1D20+18 = [14]+18 = 32 will probably raise his Attitude by one or two spaces, although fortunately, probably short of Fanatical. :-D

FWIW, her Attractive, filtered via the Disney Princess power, is probably less raw sexuality and more just general appeal.
You didn't have roll anything, he was already Indiferent and simply identifying yourselves would have gotten you in the door. You are right, though. That check would flip him from Indifferent to Helpful. So that's...technically better than the Friendly you were going to get? :mrgreen:
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

Going to assume a simple pen and pad of paper for note taking is okay to just have on me?
Current Setting Projects:
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Commander Titan wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:12 am Going to assume a simple pen and pad of paper for note taking is okay to just have on me?
Of course. Equipment that doesn't have any mechanical effect you can have as much as you can carry. 👍
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

I'm sorry, I thought Cecil had asked a question. Nope.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

I was sitting here wondering. 😅
Commander Titan

No, I was thinking the Victorian-era upper class white guy was maybe not the best to start the interview, haha. Cecil just accepted the offer of tea, and will be waiting and notetaking until/if we can examine Nora's room / the rest of the house.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

For jmucchiello, Anne gets nothing a weird static from Camila. I'm not sure what kind of experience The Blank has, but this is definitely someone who is at least immune to having their mind read. And Camila does not noticeably react, either. As far as you can tell, she didn't even notice the attempted intrusion anymore than Jorge noticed the successful one.
Commander Titan

I'll let the questioners continue to, uh, question. Just posting to keep the thread bopping up.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:12 am For jmucchiello, Anne gets nothing a weird static from Camila. I'm not sure what kind of experience The Blank has, but this is definitely someone who is at least immune to having their mind read. And Camila does not noticeably react, either. As far as you can tell, she didn't even notice the attempted intrusion anymore than Jorge noticed the successful one.
Of course she didn't notice, Anne's mind reading is Subtle 2. Anne would be shocked if someone noticed.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:15 pm Of course she didn't notice, Anne's mind reading is Subtle 2. Anne would be shocked if someone noticed.
Just being pedantic, but wouldn't that be Insidious for the target not to notice? Subtle basically keeps people from noticing who did it, and for people who aren't being affected to notice it.