AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones
HP: 2
CND: Smooth

"Noted. Still, we are going to loop the APD in, unless there is reason to believe they have a leak. They aren't going to be frontline fighters. The police can help with the investigation and potentially manage civilians in the area when conflict arises. At the very least they deserve the courtesy of knowing what is going on in their city.
Cody shrugs both at looping in the cops and mention of the Horde. "For a million an item, I'm pretty sure they won't care we know even if there is a leak with the cops. Just might take away our advantage of surprise and make whoever is going to do the heist ready for us. We'd lose that element after first encounter anyway.", remarks Cody. he probably would need to do some scans of the cops. Now wasn't the time though.

"As for the Horde, I'm an open book. Ask away. Would be nice to get those videos of the week or so of the locations though or get whatever requests you want in. If it was me, I'd walk up and ask. Worst they do is say no and ask for proper documents.", adds Cody. he'd comes to terms with his past. Still felt quite foolish about it, but it wasn't like he'd done anything evil or wrong.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

"Will do" Kodiac replied to the Captain's suggestion, perhaps when he was next searching for recipes he could also review these files but in the meantime "Well firstly just what is the Horde?" Kodiac asked Cody.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones

"I think Bulwark gives me too much credit for knowing about the Horde.", says Cody shrugging. "You'd think me being able to read minds, think faster than most people plus some computers, and read people like a book I'd pick up on that I was in a school grooming for future Horde members. Surprisingly, it didn't register.", adds Cody. He was fairly relaxed about the whole thing based on body language.

"I really just have what was in the reports. They robbed a bank to get to you all because you stopped some of their previous monster summoning plans in their past yet your future. One of them tried to summon a world ending creature back in Nazi Germany. In general, they haven't been super active until lately. Even back than I imagine they were opportunists than true believers in any cause other than their own which I'm still not sure what it is.", describes Cody. "Wish I could tell you more."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac

It was hard to tell from Kodiac's expression what he was thinking as Cody spoke although the growl of disgust would have left nobody in 2 minds as to his thoughts.

"They take children to twist them into becoming members of their cult, that is repugnant." Kodiac exclaimed "And did you say they travel through time too, they must be very powerful how did you get away from them?"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 5
Cnd: Healthy

"We are the ones that time traveled."

... Evelyn corrected as she interjected into the conversation. Having finished eating she used a napkin to clean around her mouth before going on, now looking at Kodiac as she spoke.

"Our first encounter with the Horde, from our perspective, was a bank heist they used as a diversion. During the heist, while we were away, they attempted to infiltrate and take over this base. They made another attempt later on, but that was part of our plan to lure them into the open. Clues were left clues behind that allowed us to trace them back to their base. While we captured some, the leaders got away. Our third encounter with the Horde was our time traveling adventure back to World War 2, where we stopped them from summoning an extra dimensional entity."

"The Horde were aligned with the Nazis during World Ward 2, but they didn't hold to the ideology. You really should review the dossier we have on them and their members. It will better prepare you for dealing with them."
OOC wrote:Kensiedo, could you give us a reminder on the Horde members we've encountered, and a brief blurb about each of them? I don't recall all the people we've dealt with and actual details about them less so. I remember an infiltrator, the whip lady that has a hate on for Pheonix, Khan, then there was a tech guy, and a couple of muscle guys.

If you want to get narrative it could be a brief side cut to Kodiac checking out the files we have on them.

Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones

"Shouldn't be too hard to get up to speed with their recent movements after your read the reports. If their technology is anything like it was back when they froze me, I imagine they aren't with the latest times. You never know though with them out there now.", adds in Cody.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac

"Thanks, I will look them up." Kodiac said resolving not to get distracted this time reading over cooking books which seemed to be the case whenever he went on the computer to look something up, 5 minutes always turned into an hour or so. "And sounds like they are a bit like me then, behind the times." Kodiac finished with a grin.

"Let me get that for you." Kodiac started to collect the plates.
OOC wrote: Unless anyone wants to continue, Kodiac will start to clean up the dishes.
Several hours later Kodiac sat himself in front of the screen to review the dossiers on the Horde, one large hand rested on top of a freshly printed cookbook by Jamie Olliver (A3 and in colour of course). "I can do this" Kodiac muttered under his breath as he started to read about the Horde, active back in WWII, the Khan lost due to the actions of the team, Jeste and Czarina who had survived into modern times using cloning new bodies ... isn't that cheating? and the group had also survived with Iron Skull, Hash what kind of name is that... involved in the group now "so will the old guard and new ones fight for control, they just seem to want different things"

Taking his time Kodiac continued to read and on a roll started to catch up on some of the other reading suggested for him to read.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Evelyn quietly drank her tea. Drank. Not sip. She wasn't a sipper. Whe Koadic had finished clearing the table she looked between the man-bear and the psychic.

"Cody and Kodiac, how about you two introduce yourselves to the APD? Bring them up to speed. I can give you a list of people we have worked with a proved reliable."

After that prompt she looked to the team's mystic then their martial arts expert.

"Macabre said she wanted to do some research into the artifacts that are being targeted. Phoenix and I can visit the museums. Check them out and get that security camera footage."

After that initial outline she brought the cup of tea to her mouth and took another swallow. A quiet moment followed as she seemed to ruminate on something before sharing it with the group.

"Kodaic's idea about setting up an ambush gave me an idea as well: swap out the artifacts for replicas. We would need the cooperation of the museum staff. I don't believe any of us have the skill for replicas either. Do any of you have trustworthy contacts that do?"

OOC wrote:Thank you for the rundown on the Horde. New question, or rather a reminder: Supernaturalist asked about using Macabre's magic (power stunt) to get a postcognitive read on the hand written letter.
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones

"I have some contacts who can make a pretty good forgery probably, but three days. Thats rough. I don't think anyone can work that fast who has any skill. There was one guy who painted twenty fake Mona Lisas in a week. All pretty horrible replicas. As for the cops, having a quick chat with them would be good, but I've known some pretty incompetent coppers and some good ones. So, I hope the ones you know fall into the good ones.", says Cody as if knowing art forgers is just a thing people do.

Before getting ready to go, he chimes in with one more thing. "If we need to stop all the heists, probably going to spread us pretty thin. Maybe let a few get stolen with innocents cleared and make them come for the last one. If all artifacts are needed that is. maybe some of your researching can let us know mage.", says Cody.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

XP: 0
Cnd: Normal

Elizabeth finishes the last drops of her wine and places he glass on the table. "I'd like to go down to the museums and take look at the artifacts. Ideally, they'll let me examine them by touch. Perhaps my AEGIS credentials will garner me some privileges. If not, then I can at least read up on whatever museum information the curators have manages to acquire. I can also get some close up pictures with my phone. Perhaps I have a contact or two who could help in discerning precisely for what kind of rituals these items would best be suited."

The pale young woman's albino eyes shift to Bulwark. "I've had my nap and a good dinner, so my mind is fresh. I could leave right now, if you wish."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Cody wrote:"If we need to stop all the heists, probably going to spread us pretty thin. Maybe let a few get stolen with innocents cleared and make them come for the last one."
She didn't say anything right away. Instead the woman's dark eyes stared at Cody for a time. Regarding him in silence.

"I don't like the idea of letting thieves get away. See if we can learn more about the opposition. If we're dealing with full teams of serious combatants going after these items, then being more discerning and making sacrifices may be valid. There is also a fifth team and only four artifacts being targeted. That fifth team might have another role."

When Elizabeth spoke up, her head, and eyes, turned to the albino woman. A single nod was offered.

"Alright. I'll go with you. Just need to stop by my office and pick up something. You coming Pheonix?"

Evelyn poured the last of her tea into her mouth and swallowed it down. Afterwards she rose from her chair.
OOC wrote:Before the ladies depart, Evelyn will write up a list of the reliable police officers we've worked with in the past and hand that off to Cody.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones

Cody puts his dishes away to clean later and nods at the director. "Guess I don't even get a chance to unpack.We should get talking to the cops. Maybe stop for some donuts and whiskey. Something tells me they will be an easier sell than the museum staff we ask them to take some artifacts to replace with forgeries.", remarks Cody. He tips his hat to those still in the room. "Shall we go Kodiak?", inquires Cody.

He hadn't made too many contacts in the department, but that was soon to change. He knew all the tricks and just needed to use a few, especially on cops who were more inclined to help. The trick would be determining who could be trusted.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac

After collecting the dishes from those who had finished, Kodiac stood to one side quietly listening to the conversation and for a moment wondered who were the contacts Cody mention who could make a forgery.

"Meeting the police is a good idea, at the least it will keep them happy and I will bring my ID card this time but honestly just how many other bear-headed men are running round town." Kodiac added in a pause then nodded to Cody

"Yep all ready to go Cody and some mead would go with the whiskey too."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cody Jones

"Who said anything about ID's? Flashing a badge or picture around like it gives you something is so stuffy. Thats why we have the donuts, whiskey, and mead. A little bribery will get you everywhere.", quips Cody heading for the vehicles.
I assume we had some vehicles in the base.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac

"Bribery?" Kodiac sounds surprised "Never tried it myself, if I wanted something I would just growl at them and you would be amazed how helpful they became. I guess with the police it is best to try it your way." Kodiac added walking alongside Cody.