[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip frowned invisibly, considering what to do. The paramedic, for all his Dark Gifts, just wasn't a fighter or assassin or character from a video game. He didn't think he could overpower the teleporting enforcer. He didn't think the man could be easily mind controlled. Rats were probably not going to be an asset here.
To satisfy a curiosity, Trent will look at the man's visible neck to see if he's been fed from either before or recently.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

To Philip's trained eye, there didn't seem to be any signs of vampirism feeding. In the corner of his eye while examining the man, a shadow seems to flit beneath the office door.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Entering or exiting?]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

[Passing by from outside]
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Given how important this set of offices were and given how an impasse has been reached with Mr. Wu, Phillip crept after the shadow. He kept stealthy despite there being few things that could pierce the Dark Veil.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

After getting no intel from the tables, Kira shifts her remote focus to the kitchens and rooms beyond the kitchens.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

[Perception, both of you then. Make another stealth check Philip]
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

perc: 1d20+12 26

stealth: 1d20+12 21
hp reroll stealth: 1d20+12 29
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

When Philip mists himself under the door, he's momentarily confused by the lack of anyone on the other side. He had certainly seen that shadow pass by the door, hadn't he? It takes him a few seconds to regather himself before he takes notice of it again, the flitting of a shadow out the corner of his eye. The vampire is able to turn just as it passes around the corner, and is quickly able to follow after.

A light flickers just as he crosses the bend briefly covering the moving figure in darkness as it stepped in front of a door grasping it's handle, pausing just a moment to shoot a look down back down the hall. Red eyes seem to drag over the area with agonizing scrutiny, raw instinct forcing the medic to move back out of sight even when he knew himself hidden to be from sight.

His still heart hung heavy in his chest, languid blood frozen in his veins as time stretched onward. An unnatural sweat beads down his brow as he'd eventually feel inclined to peak around the corner, the form gone from the hall and a door left open. Cautious as Philip might've felt, some pressure at the back of his mind pushed him to continue onward. His obfuscated form drudged across the tiled floor, the phantom pound of a heartbeat in the back of his ears.

Step, step, step, the door drew closer and then-

Empty. Instinct screamed in the back of his mind to turn around just as hands came up to shove him back into the room. His eyes locked with piercing rubies which decorated a face of chiseled ash. A swish of long wavy hair was the first indication that this wasn't a statue, but another man.

GM: Philip, roll Acrobatics with a Major Advantage (+5) due to anticipating danger vs. 20. Failure results in being tripped into the room. Roll iniative as you do so.
If Foxy can meet a DC 17 perception check, she'll be aware of the attack and may roll as well.

Dice Rolls
Perception: 30 (Sheesh. Lucky high roll for me.)
Stealth: 17 (Pretty big fail there
Trip Attack: 25 (A hit)
Acrobatics: 20 [url=http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=275876] (Pretty low for this guy)
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:35 am If Foxy can meet a DC 17 perception check, she'll be aware of the attack and may roll as well.[/i]
(ooc: Separate from the 23 roll above?)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Oop, I didn't notice your dice there, apologies. You notice this happen, roll iniative as well.
------------
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: 0 | HP:0
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Obfuscation
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Obfuscation

Phillip, empowered as he was by the supernatural change of vampirism, his body warped to undeath and infused with gifts beyond his considerable medical understanding.... was still a fricken emt for all that he played at being a superspy. He was a victim of his own narrative and that fiction shattered hard as he sprawled face-first into the hard floor with an *oof*.
acrobatics: 1d20+0+5 6 No ranks, no agility, rolled a one

init: 1d20+8 15
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Kravitz - by Shalizeh

"There you are." The dark skinned man smiles, staring down at the wannabe spy. "You're one sneaky son of a bitch, you know that? But I knew you'd mess up eventually. Now... What to do with you?"

His smile turns malicious, the going of sharpened fangs letting Philip know in no uncertain terms, that this was was another vampire. A strong one, he instinctively knew.

Foxy, who was currently having her drink refilled, would feel she had only momments to act as her third eye witnessed the ambush.

GM: Good roll, Foxy! You're first to act!

Foxy: 18
Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome: 17
Philip: 15
------------