Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Imperiex! Alexander Luthor! The Anti-Monitor!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Did Kevin Siembieda write this series? Because your synopsis reads an awful lot like a recap of a RIFTS® campaign…
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:18 am Image
What the hell is happening on this cover? I can't even tell how many characters are on it. And the relative sizes are all over the place.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The Nineties are happening… TO THE X-TREME!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Schizo

Post by Jabroniville »

SCHIZO
Created By:
Glenn Herdling & Angel Medina
First Appearance: Thunderstrike #6 (March 1994)
Role: Sketchpad Character, Insane Girl

-Schizo was the insane sister of Touchstone (a Blackwulf ally)- naturally, she spoke in that idiotic gobbledygook that writers always use to denote "crazy" characters- like "OOOOHHH goody goody gosh I'm so WHACKY!" nonnsense- in this case she'd utter things like Peter Brady's "Pork chops and APPLESAUCE!" from The Brady Bunch. She creates Reality Warps that look like someone's worst fear, driving them crazy- this was used effectively on Stellaris (who'd never had a nightmare before), stunned a bunch of cops to cover her team's escape, and made Sparrow remember her alcohol addiction. She was rendered catatonic by her sister.
Jabroniville

Lady Trident

Post by Jabroniville »

LADY TRIDENT
Created By:
Role: Sketchpad Character, Weapon-Fighter

-Resembling a black woman with "alien eyebrows", Lady Trident used either a gigantic mechanical trident or twin ones that were used like punching daggers. All her tridents were empowered by the "Black Legacy" energy of Lord Tantalus, apparently making them very powerful, but of course no named characters fell to them. In the final battle, Lady Trident killed one of Touchstone's "summoned bodies" from an alternate universe, and as punishment she had her side sliced open, and was then placed in a stasis field that would force her to feel that pain for all eternity- the Peacekeepers eventually fled the battle, leaving her in that position.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Khult

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:54 pm Image

KHULT
Created By:
First Appearance: Thunderstrike #7 (April 1994)
Role: The Evil Vizier (to Tantalus)
He looks like he's sporting Quasar's Quantum Bands.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Toxin (Peacekeepers)

Post by Jabroniville »

TOXIN II
Created By:
First Appearance: Blackwulf #1 (June 1994)
Role: Sketchpad Character, Blaster

-The green, lumpy Toxin shoots acids and sedatives, and was a member of the Underground- he was fairly dashing, kissing the hand of a human ally of Blackwulf's. On a few occasions, he saved the day by altering chemicals in the air and such. However, when his suit was destroyed, he reverted to a hideous, lumpy apperance. Realizing that only Tantalus could build him a new suit of armor, he switched sides to the Peacekeepers (he wanted to look less like a green pile of puke for some reason).
Jabroniville

The Skrull Pilot

Post by Jabroniville »

THE SKRULL PILOT THEY FORGOT TO NAME (Name Unknown)
Created By:
First Appearance: Blackwulf #2 (July 1994)
Role: Sketchpad Character, Unnamed Villain

-The weirdest thing about the Peacekeepers is this guy- an unnamed Skrull pilot who crash-landed on Earth in 1947, chasing the Prime Skrull, one of the last "original" Skrulls left (the Deviant race had taken over their entire empire). Both were captive and studied at an American base, but he was eventually freed by the Peacekeepers, who wanted an agent to show them how interstellar travel worked. He immediately agreed (recognizing Tantalus as the Deviant who inspired the Skrull Deviants to rise up and overthrow the baseline ones) and even joined the Peacekeepers on a few missions, but was still NEVER NAMED. He even returns with them at story's end!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Touchstone

Post by Jabroniville »

WRAATH (Willie Amos)
Created By:
Role: Sketchpad Character, Powerhouse

-Wraath is possibly the future self of Mammoth- a cyborg who wanted Mammoth to quit fighting. He was the Class 50-ish "Big Guy" of the Peacekeepers, and had a cybernetic left arm. He repeatedly attempted to prevent Mammoth from becoming him, trying to remove him from the field of battle, but was horrified to find that Mammoth had been infected by "Black Legacy", and to save him, Blackwulf had cut off his left arm. Apparently the entire link between him & Mammoth was due to Herdling seeing the resemblance in Medina's sketchbook (oh god he's LITERALLY A SKETCHPAD CHARACTER).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Re: The Skrull Pilot

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:04 am
-The weirdest thing about the Peacekeepers is this guy- an unnamed Skrull pilot who crash-landed on Earth in 1947, chasing the Prime Skrull, one of the last "original" Skrulls left (the Deviant race had taken over their entire empire). Both were captive and studied at an American base, but he was eventually freed by the Peacekeepers, who wanted an agent to show them how interstellar travel worked. He immediately agreed (recognizing Tantalus as the Deviant who inspired the Skrull Deviants to rise up and overthrow the baseline ones) and even joined the Peacekeepers on a few missions, but was still NEVER NAMED. He even returns with them at story's end!
... I wonder if this might have been inspired by the initially unnamed Skrull who gave the Squadron Supreme's Doctor Spectrum a Power Prism, who eventually became the group's Martian Manhunter equivalent ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Touchstone

Post by Jabroniville »

TOUCHSTONE
Created By:
Role: Sketchpad Character, Summoner

-Touchstone was a weird lady who could see into other Alternate Universes, and pull versions of herself from each one. She used this to become Immortal (it would alter her form, however) and gain various forms and powers (Variable). Can also Teleport, Fly, go Intangible and see the future. Can use stasis fields to protect others, herself and to slice through almost any object. She fought Tantalus alongside Blackwulf, and one of her forms was killed by Lady Trident of the Peacekeepers- enraged, Touchstone sliced her open, then stuck her in a time-loop that would leave her feeling the pain of disembowelment for all eternity.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:19 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:18 am
What the hell is happening on this cover? I can't even tell how many characters are on it. And the relative sizes are all over the place.
TO BE FAIR, many of them are different heights- especially Mammoth, Wraath & Tantalus, plus Toxin is in some kind of weird suit.

But yeah, Angel Medina is an artist I thought was really good in one Warlock issue (featuring two Thanoses fighting each other to the death)- REALLY good at these big, roided up bloated '90s monsters... but not so good at consistency or multiple people in one panel.

Also I forgot to post Wraath so I posted him up above and then moved Touchstone lower XD.
Jabroniville

Mammoth

Post by Jabroniville »

I've seen that facial hair before, haven't I? Who is that ripping off?

MAMMOTH (Willie Amos)
Created By:
Role: Sketchpad Character, Powerhouse

-Mammoth was one of the anti-Tantalus freedom fighters in Blackwulf, taking leadership when the first Blackwulf was killed. His beloved Wildwind was killed in another conflict, and he was nearly seduced by an android replacement, and he was largely a minor supporting character when a new Blackwulf arrived. He was infected by the "Black Legacy" virus, and Blackwulf II cut off his hand to save his life. Mammoth was Class 50-ish and used Energy Weapons in combat.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Man, looking at these designs, art and story concepts just makes me think "Tell me this is the 90s without saying 'this is the 90s'."
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

He looks kind of like the Immortal in Invincible. Honestly, it's a good look, at least in the suit. The big spiked collar is... interesting, but you'd need to think of a reason for it. It's not very practical-looking, you know?