Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Waxworks

Post by Jabroniville »

WAXWORKS
Created By:
Alan Davis
First Appearance: Captain Britain #4 (April 1985)
Role: Afflicter, Weird Monster
Group Affiliations: The Technet, The N-Men
PL 10 (62)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Close Combat (Tentacles) 2 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Teamwork

Powers:
"Converts Humanoids to Waxy Substance"
Affliction 12 (Fort; Hindered & Impaired/Defenseless & Disabled/Paralyzed & Transformed to Taffy) (Feats: Reach, Reversible) (Extras: Extra Condition) [26]

"Waxy Skin" Protection 3 [3]
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Wax-ifying Tentacles +8 (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +2, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- The Technet are bounty hunters and mercenaries.
Disabled (Mute)- Waxworks appears to be unable to speak. And yet, he once hooked up with Ringtoss (*shudder*).

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 12 (62)

-Waxworks is a one-note baddie who doesn't talk, and looks like a tentacled monster made out of taffy with giant red eyes. About par for the course on this team. His main power is devastating though, as he's able to turn human beings into floppy, wax-like versions of themselves, rendering them helpless and immobile as their muscles turn to nothing. He's been really useful in battle, but folds with a single shot, so he needs his teammates running interference. Affliction is a great power for weird crap like that- back in 2e you’d have to do Transform or Strength/Dex Drain or something.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Ferro-2

Post by Jabroniville »

FERRO²
Created By:
Alan Davis
Role: Weapon Guy
Group Affiliations: The Technet, The N-Men
PL 8 (86)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+9)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 2 (Four Swords), Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Smash, Power Attack, Takedown 2

Powers:
“Four Arms”
Extra Limbs 2 [2]

Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 6) [6]
Features 1: Can Use Feet as Hands [1]

Equipment:
“Swords” Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 4) (8)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Swords +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 11 (86)

-Ferro² (woo hoo! Swiped the "squared" logo!) is a replacement for his brother, who was killed in "Excalibur: The Sword is Drawn" by the Warwolves because his "Warranty Expired" (Excalibur was that kind of comic). A furry, extradimensional warrior with a Cockney accent, he had four arms, with a sword in each, possibly the most bad-ass combo ever. He was a minor backgrounder, though. Ferro here's got a Mulitattack Extra on his Strike because of the sheer amount of attacks he can dish out, limited to six points of damage. He's a pretty great swordsman, but would fall to most major heroes one-on-one.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M4C8

Re: Pete Wisdom

Post by M4C8 »

Ken wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:36 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:29 pm Image
Okay, since marvel bought Disney, should he really be shooting Peter Pan's girlfriend?
He didn't shoot Tink he married her.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

PETE WISDOM
Created By:
Warren Ellis & Ken Lashley
First Appearance: Exca libur #86 (Feb. 1995)
Role: Marty Stu, The Cynical Snide Brit, Government Agent, The P.O.V. Character (MI-13)
Country of Origin: England
Group Affiliations: Excalibur, MI-13
I sort of lump Pete Wisdom and John Constaine into the same category of "insufferable, smug, smarter than you Mary Sue" that just annoys me to no end. I know Constantine was originally a Moore creation, but he and Wisdom are so close in terms of characterization and general look that all their big differences is that one's a mutant, the other's a mystic, and the hair color.

It's why both guys better hope I never get a writing gig at either DC or Marvel. Especially DC. In addition to jettisoning "Shazam" and bringing Captain Marvel back, I'd make it a point to have Constantine show up in a Cap book to do his usual thing, only for Cap to resolve the crisis without any of Constantine's usual shenanigans. And include one part where John is one of the few people Cap genuinely can't get along with, while also saying, "You know, you're not nearly as clever as you think you are. You're really just kind of a jerk."
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Gatecrasher

Post by Jabroniville »

GATECRASHER
Created By:
Alan Davis
Role: Team Leader
Group Affiliations: The Technet
PL 9 (136)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+7)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+4, +6 Growth)
Investigation 6 (+8)
Perception 6 (+8)
Technology 4 (+7)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Minion 4 (Yap- Small Teleporting/Locating Helper), Ranged Attack 7, Tracking

Powers:
Growth 3 (Strength & Stamina +3, Increased Mass 3, +2 Intimidation, -2 Stealth, -2 Dodge/Parry) (Feats: Innate) (Flaws: Permanent) -- (10 feet) [7]
“Telepathy” Mind-Reading 4 Linked to Communication (Mental) 1 [12]

"Wrist-Blasters" (Flaws: Removable) [14]
Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (17 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+9 Damage, DC 24)

Blasters +9 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Mind-Reading -- (+4 Mind-Reading, DC 14)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 16 (136)

-Gatecrasher is the obese, porcine team leader of the Technet, though she's not notably better than most of them in combat. I gave her a general Powerhouse-bent at PL 9, with some Skills & Leadership to help the team out. In a more serious comic, she'd be a hyper-badass with some other powers or weapons, but since it's Excalibur she was as hokey as the rest of her team.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Cerise! Nightcrawler! Azazel! Phoenix!

Post by Jabroniville »

Posting guys like Technet always reminds me of how I got the rep of being the "Jobber Guy", though that peaked with my original Dark Riders set (and the iconic Barrage). Though it's sad in a way, because the one-note nature of the characters means I really only build them once- the Dark Riders, MLF and others were posted once on the ATT, once on Roll Call (and those were basically straight re-posts, since I was in Japan at the time), and some day they'll be posted here.

Looking up 2099 info (I'm surprised it seems so popular here), I see some guys are more just one-offs, like Daredevil 2099 or whatever, while others have real bios to them. Once I have a desktop again, I can probably start up on those, though my entire knowledge of that line comes from only two X-Men 2099 books I own, plus Spidey 2099's recent Appearances in modern comics.

In the meantime, once I finish up with the Technet, I can post the OTHER half of this set- Marvel UK!! Aka: what happens when a company makes a rip-off of a rip-off (Image) of a rip-off (Gritty '80s DC & Marvel)!
Jabroniville

China Doll

Post by Jabroniville »

CHINA DOLL
Created By:
Alan Davis
Role: One-Note Character
PL 10 (94)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Mercenary) 4 (+4)
Deception 4 (+4)
Persuasion 4 (+4)
Perception 4 (+5)
Insight 3 (+4)
Stealth 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Transform into Tiny Doll" Affliction 12 (Fort; Hindered/Disabled Strength/Transformed to Tiny, Helpless Form) (Extras: Cumulative) [24]

"Semi-Aquatic Creature"
Movement 2 (Slithering, Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [4]
Immunity 1 (Drowning) [1]
Swimming 2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Dollifying +8 (+12 Shrinking Attack, DC 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 31 / Defenses: 9 (94)

-China Doll had another curious (and REALLY devastating) ability- she could reduce beings to "Doll-Size" with a touch (I find that alot of this crowd has powers designed specifically to take someone out of a fight quickly by altering them somehow), making them pretty well helpless. She's expected to run in to melee once her teammates have dealt some damage and put in a sneak attack or something, because she sure didn't seem like a warrior in any of the issues I read (she shrank a Warwolf down to a foot long, but Nightcrawler easily booted her into Gatecrasher, ending the whole fight. She has some powers from her serpentine physique, and I merely assumed she could also survive underwater because of that, and her weird "water"-looking 'hair' and body crest.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

I was so happy when Colossus broke his leg. Granted Kitty yelled at Peter for it but still.. totally worth it.
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

Ares wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:54 am It's why both guys better hope I never get a writing gig at either DC or Marvel. Especially DC. In addition to jettisoning "Shazam" and bringing Captain Marvel back, I'd make it a point to have Constantine show up in a Cap book to do his usual thing, only for Cap to resolve the crisis without any of Constantine's usual shenanigans. And include one part where John is one of the few people Cap genuinely can't get along with, while also saying, "You know, you're not nearly as clever as you think you are. You're really just kind of a jerk."
I'd much rather read that than any appearance of either character I've seen so far. And not just because it'd have Captain Marvel.
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

So I was thinking, if you do Sailor Moon builds, it'd be neat if you made a Generic Monster Template. A build like that would work for a lot of different franchises, too, including Power Rangers.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:18 pm So I was thinking, if you do Sailor Moon builds, it'd be neat if you made a Generic Monster Template. A build like that would work for a lot of different franchises, too, including Power Rangers.
Haha, yup- that's why I was writing down the monsters' powers with my episode reviews :).
Jabroniville

Bodybag

Post by Jabroniville »

BODYBAG
Created By:
Alan Davis
PL 9 (126)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Expertise (Mercenary) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 8 (+7)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Teamwork

Powers:
"Giant Reptile"*
Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Scent) [2]
"Scaly Skin" Protection 2 [2]

"Paralytic Spit" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Feats: Reach 2) (Extras: Cumulative) [21]
"Bodybags" Snare 10 (Feats: Reversible) (Flaws: Cannot Bag More Than Three, Touch Range) [11]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Paralytic Spit & Bodybags +8 (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +9, Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:
Power Loss (Bodybags)- If Bodybag is punched in the sac (hee), or his bags are hit by a Slashing weapon, they will burst and unload the target within.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 45 / Defenses: 11 (126)

-Bodybag's one of the team's best heavy-hitters, capable of paralyzing an individual, then swallowing them whole, which places them into one of the three big sacs on his back. A pretty gross power (par for the course with this team), but effective. His sheer size makes him one of the more dangerous members (and least vulnerable to being KOed by a single punch from Shadowcat), but his sacs are still easily damaged, and he's only PL 9.
Jabroniville

Joyboy

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

Every time I see weird Body Transformation stuff, I automatically assume it's because of someone's fetish. Thanks, internet.

JOYBOY
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Alan Davis
First Appearance: Excalibur: The Sword is Drawn (April 1987)
PL 10 (80)
STRENGTH
-4 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Expertise (Mercenary) 2 (+1)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Teamwork

Powers:
"Infant Size" Shrinking 8 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-2 Strength, +4 Defenses, +8 Stealth, -4 Intimidation)

Affliction 12 (Will; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed Into Deepest Desire) (Feats: Accurate 4, Reversible, Reach 2) (Extras: Cumulative, Ranged) (Diminished Range -3) [40]
Mind-Reading 10 (Flaws: Limited to Deepest Desires) [10]

"Cyber-Harness"
Protection 1 [1]
Flight 3 (16 mph) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (-4 Damage, DC 11)
Gross Transformation +8 (+12 Ranged Affliction, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +3

Complications:
Disabled (Mute)- Joyboy doesn't talk much.
Power Loss (Transformations)- If Joyboy is knocked unconscious, his changes will undo themselves.

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 66 / Defenses: 12 (80)

-Joyboy's even weirder than most of his buddies- he's a baby-sized alien kid in a cybernetic floating eggshell, that transforms people into their deepest desire. That almost seems more of a benefit than a hindrance to them, until you look at the effects: Kitty Pryde desired to be solid full-time again, so she transformed into a morbidly obese slug of a person. And another guy was in love with his hot female boss (understandable, given that ALAN DAVIS was intentionally drawing her to be as hot as possible), so Joyboy transformed him into a grotesque alternating-form pile of ugly, which was REALLY horrific on-panel (like, one part was a slender woman's, the next a bigger man's, but the entire body was like this). This is essentially a powerful Affliction (like a lot of his team), but it's only got a ten-foot range from the looks of it, as Joyboy tends to hover RIGHT NEXT to somebody to pull it off. Otherwise, like the rest of his gang, he falls apart under the slightest duress, and nearly anyone can knock him out with one punch.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Scatterbrain

Post by Jabroniville »

"Neural Synapses". Right.

SCATTERBRAIN
Created By:
Alan Davis
PL 9 (98)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Mercenary) 4 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Synapse Firing" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Feats: Reach, Affects Insubstantial) (Extras: Cumulative) (22) -- [23]
  • AE: Teleport 5 (10)
Mind-Reading 6 (Flaws: Limited to Emotions) [6]
Flight 3 (16 mph) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Synapse Firing +8 (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Mind-Reading -- (+6 Mind-Reading, DC 16)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +3

Complications:
Disabled (Mute)- Scatterbrain doesn't talk much.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 35 / Defenses: 11 (98)

-Scatterbrain's a simple one, and one of the only humanoids in the entire Technet team. She's a yellow-skinned female alien who can fire the neural synapses of people, knocking them unconscious.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

You know for Excalibur being this goofy humorous book, they have an awful lot of body horror-esque villains :shock:.
Formerly luketheduke86