Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Numbers

Post by Jabroniville »

NUMBERS
Created By:
Alan Davis
First Appearance: Captain Britain #4 (April 1985)
Role: One-Note Character
Group Affiliations: The Technet
PL 7 (66)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Accountant) 4 (+6)
Deception 4 (+4)
Persuasion 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+4)
Insight 3 (+4)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Huge Size" Reach 1 [1]
Features: Increased Mass 2 [2]
Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate 3) [19]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Blast +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 7 (66)

-Numbers is a huge noncombatant, being the group's negotiator & accountant, but could apparently fire energy blasts.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RUSCHE

Re: Numbers

Post by RUSCHE »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:27 pm Image

NUMBERS
Created By:
Alan Davis
First Appearance: Captain Britain #4 (April 1985)
Role: One-Note Character
Group Affiliations: The Technet
PL 7 (66)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Accountant) 4 (+6)
Deception 4 (+4)
Persuasion 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+4)
Insight 3 (+4)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Huge Size" Reach 1 [1]
Features: Increased Mass 2 [2]
Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate 3) [19]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Blast +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 7 (64)

-Numbers is a huge noncombatant, being the group's negotiator & accountant, but could apparently fire energy blasts.
He looks like a Sleestaks who let himself go...
Last edited by RUSCHE on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Motormouth

Post by Jabroniville »

MOTORMOUTH (Harley Davis)
Created by:
[/b] Gary Frank & Graham Mark
First Appearance: Motormouth #1 (June 1992)
Role: Potty-Mouthed Teleporting Brat
Country of Origin: England
Group Affiliations: None
PL 9 (120)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 4 (+4)
Deception 5 (+6)
Expertise (Street Rat) 7 (+7)
Insight 4 (+5)
Perception 6 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (MyS-TECH Weapons, Bulletproof Vest), Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
"Loud Scream- Burst" Dazzle Hearing 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Touch Range) (18) -- [21]
  • AE: "Loud Scream- Cone" Dazzle 9 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (Flaws: Touch Range) (18)
  • AE: "Concussive Scream" Blast 8 (16)
  • AE: "Ultrasound" Senses 4 (Vision Penetrates Concealment) (4)
"MOPED Technology Built-In"
Movement 6 (Dimensional Travel 3, Space Travel 3) (Feats: Increased Mass 3- 400 lbs.) [15]
Senses 4 (Detect Energy- Ranged & Acute, Danger Sense) [4]

Equipment:
"Bulletproof Vest" Protection 2 (Feats: Subtle) (3)
Immunity 5 (Ballistics) (5)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Loud Scream +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Concussive Scream +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+4 Vest), Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Stopping MyS-TECH)- Motormouth is on the run from MyS-TECH.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 17 (120)

-Motormouth is a constantly-swearing riff-raff/street rat (though I don't know if I buy that...) kid who teamed up with Killpower and had some weird adventures in the horrible, '90s-Overdosed "Marvel UK" line (or: what happens when creators see the success of Image, and decide to copy it lock, stock & barrel, then include some weird UK-type Sci-Fi tropes). She has a sonic scream, some weapons, and some weird sensory powers.

She gained her powers from a pair of shoes created by the Techno-Wizards at MyS-TECH- she uses them to go on the run. This being a weird UK series, she then gains the power to tune into any radio station she wants via a futuristic world covered in shopping malls, which also gives her a sonic scream. MyS-TECH finds her & forces her to work for them, but she ends up allying with Killpower, an agent sent to recapture her after she bails. After she is badly hurt, she gains her powers permanently after the technology is used to save her life. She & Killpower appear in the ridiculous Death's Head II & Killpower: Battletide Limited Series, and end up being a minor part of the MyS-TECH Wars series that caps off the UK line's biggest ongoing story.

-Following the cancellation of her book, she has appeared only a handful of times, usually in tiny one-off roles. In one, she was revealed to have become a single mother (in WAY too short a time for this to be realistic... though she IS a time-jumper). Otherwise, she appeared in the Captain Britain & MI-13 series, then saved Killpower from being turned into a leader of Hell... and he allowed Earth's heroes to kill him.

-She's PL 8 except for some Area Dazzles- Motormouth was largely a backdrop in fights compared to Killpower, though had some ability with the "Teleport Away From Field of Battle" stuff.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Killpower

Post by Jabroniville »

KILLPOWER (Julius Mullarkey)
Created by:
[/b] Gary Frank & Graham Mark
First Appearance: Motormouth #1 (June 1992)
Role: Big Dumb Powerhouse
PL 10 (122)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 3 (+10)
Intimidation 5 (+4)
Perception 5 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Equipment 10 (Arsenal), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Guns), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 11

Powers:
"Mecha-Psychometry" Enhanced Skills 14: Technology 14 (+12) [7]
"Semi-Prehensile Tail" Extra Limb 1 [1]
"Gorilla Strength" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Echolocation" Senses 4 (Extended, Ultra & Accurate Hearing) [4]

Equipment:
"Arsenal"
"Power-Blasters" Blast 9 (Extras: Multiattack) (27) -- (28)
  • AE: "Grenade Launcher" Blast 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (24)
"Anti-Grav Pack" Flight 5 (60 mph) (10)
"Body Armour" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 7) (8)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Blasters +11 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Grenades +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +7 (+8 Armour), Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Stopping MyS-TECH)- Killpower was created by MyS-TECH, and has now rejected them after learning that killing people was bad (from Motormouth).
Weakness (Stern Mother Figures)- Due to his age and the fact that he was raised & taught by a strict, overbearing woman, Killpower is easily led when confronted with a "stern mother figure". Motormouth uses this to easily convince Julius of the wrongdoing inherent in assassinating people, and also follows her absolutely.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 24--17 / Advantages: 25 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 15 (122)

-Part of me was going to get right into Killpower and his origins, but I feel the need to pause here and remind you all of something. There is a comic book character... named KILLPOWER. I mean, we see such absurd crapsicles in the comic book industry that every once in a while something like this slides off our backs and we fail to take notice, but... KILLPOWER. Someone in 1992 thought that was a perfectly-acceptable name for a superhero- one that used lots and lots of guns, no less.

-Killpower is pretty much like the other Marvel UK characters, except he's a kid with some animal bits merged into him, and he killed people because it was fun like a video game (he eventually learned better). And I think he's a hero. He was in the ridiculously-named Death's Head II & Killpower: Battletide comic that represents all of the worst excesses of 1990s comics (Skanktastic costumes, excessive blood, pointless fighting), being a pain in the ass dumb kid making sandcastles, and then brawled with Death's Head II (who I'm pretty sure VASTLY outclasses him in strength, but the guy's had so many upgrades it's impossible to tell) until they were kidnapped by Grandmaster-style aliens.

-Killpower was built in the lab by MyS-TECH (the Big Bad of the Marvel UK line), given the surname of his creator, and was rapidly-aged to to the point where he was in an adult's body, but lacked the knowledge of things like morals or the value of a human life. He was sent by MyS-TECH after an escaped agent in Motormouth (this being her own comic book), but she convinced him in the error of ways. After he saved her life (and gave her permanent superpowers instead of just gear), they became traveling companions, even getting the name of her book changed to Motormouth & Killpower.

-With the cancellation of the Marvel UK line, Killpower spent over a decade on the shelf, reappearing in Captain Britain & MI-13. Now a UK government agent, he was sent behind enemy lines to be "taken over" by Dracula and join his army. However, this was a double agent role, as Killpower is immune to magical control. A later "Sequel" to Marvel UK resulted in him being trapped in Hell trying to save Motormouth, and Mephisto manipulating him into resenting his old allies, and had him lead an invasion of Earth. However, at the last minute, Motormouth's sonic scream clears his mind, and he willingly allows Britain's super-soldiers to kill him. Thus endeth the story of of the most '90s-named guys of all time.

-Killpower is pretty much like the other Marvel UK characters, except he's a kid with some animal bits merged into him, and he killed people because it was fun like a video game (he eventually learned better). And I think he's a hero. He was in that "BattleTide" issue I referred to, being a pain in the ass dumb kid making sandcastles, and then brawled with Death's Head II (who I'm pretty sure VASTLY outclasses him in strength, but the guy's had so many upgrades it's impossible to tell) until they were kidnapped by Grandmaster-style aliens. He's a PL 9.5-ish Blaster-type, with some enhanced FIGHTING skills, Technology (he turned Motormouth into a cyborg easily while she was injured, and he has the brain of a 10-year-old otherwise & Sonar. Like many other Marvel UK characters, he guest-starred in the last "Captain Britain" storyline.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Nightcrawler! Azazel! Phoenix! Marvel UK!)

Post by Jabroniville »

so here's the to-post list of this crew of goofs:

Death's Head, yes?
Death's Head II
Genetix
Gene Dogs
Gun Runner
Black Axe
Dark Angel
Highwayman
Death Wreck
Death Metal
Tangerine
Die-Cut
Knights of Pendragon
Super-Soldiers
Bloodseed
Black Baron
Hurricane I
Dragon's Claws
MyS-TECH
Digitek
Wild Thing
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

say what you will, I have an affection for Marvel U.K. and probably always will.

Yeah, it's so 90s it hurts sometimes, but even so you have to admit being a weird U.K. series is still a leg up from your average Liefeld comic from the same time. Some things missed, some things hit. I still look back fondly at my Death's Head II miniseries, not to mention the What If attached to it (both of which being written by Simon Furman.....I'm sure he read over it after he wrote it....CAN I DO NO LESS?!!!).

I like Motormouth and Killpower teaming up with the Hulk that time, with Killpower telling Hulk to give him his best shot to which the Hulk punches him and Killpower smiles "Ha! Barely even felt that!" before falling over.

I just like that there's different niches in comics and that all of these things can sort of coincide. You can have your superheroes, you can have your sci-fi, you can have your Vertigo, your cake, and eat it too. It's a big universe after all.

Also Death's Head fighting Galvatron will never not be cool.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

so 2099 fans, help me out. Who are the notable names? Any interesting villains? Anyone wanna try compiling another version of The List, but for the future?
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I never read much of the 2099 stuff, but here's a list from Comicvine.

2099 Characters
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Black Baron

Post by Jabroniville »

BLACK BARON
Created by:
Larry Leiber & Jim Lawrence
First Appearance: Super Spider-Man and Captain Britain Weekly #235 (Aug. 1977)
Role: Vampire Werewolf
PL 10 (233)
STRENGTH
6/8 STAMINA -- AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10-12)
Deception 6 (+8)
Expertise (History) 5 (+7)
Expertise (Magic) 7 (+9)
Insight 6 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+10)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 6 (+8)
Persuasion 6 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 2 (+6)
Stealth 6 (+11)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Hold, Languages (Various), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Super-Strong Vampire"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 8 [8]
Impervious Toughness 14 (Flaws: Not versus Wood, Fire, Silver or Holy Weapons) [7]
Regeneration 8 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) (Flaws: Source- Blood) [5]
Immortality 4 (Flaws: Not if Staked, Beheaded or Dealt With in Mystical Ways) [4]
Speed 5 (60 mph) [5]
Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
"Werewolf" Morph 1 (Feats: Metamorph, +2 STRENGTH & Toughness, reduced Mental Abilities -2) [6]
"Mesmerism" Mind Control 8 (32) -- [38]
  • AE: "Command Vermin" Mind Control 4 (Extras: Area- 250ft. Burst +4, Sustained +2) (Flaws: Touch Range -2, Limited to Animals, Limited to Rodents, Bats & Wolves) (24)
  • AE: "Control Those Bitten" Mind Control 8 (Extras: Progressive +2) (Flaws: Touch Range -2, Grab-Based, Limited to Those Bitten) (16)
  • AE: Illusion 8 (Visuals) (16)
  • AE: Shapeshift 4 (Flaws: Limited to Wolves, Bats, Mist, Python) (28)
  • AE: "Weather Control" Environment 8 (Visibility) (8)
  • AE: "Animate Creatures" Summon 4 (Extras: Variable, Multiple Minions +2) (Flaws: Source- Objects) (20)
"The Vampire's Bite" Strength-Damage +1 Linked to Weaken Stamina 8 (Flaws: Grab-Based, Limited to 1 Rank Per Minute) Linked to Affliction 8 (Fort; Entranced/Compelled/Transformed to Vampire) (Extras: Cumulative) (Flaws: Grab-Based) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Vampire's Bite +10 (+6 Damage, Weaken & Affliction, DC 21, 18 & 18)
Mesmerism -- (+8 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +14

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8 (+10 Werewolf, +7 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Power)
Weakness (Garlic, Sunlight)- Both are anathema to vampires, and will cause horrible pain. Direct sunlight will kill a vampire of any power level.
Weakness (Holy Symbols)- Witnessing or touching a Holy Symbol is painful to vampires, but only if the wearer believes.
Weakness (Lack of Blood, Home Soil)- Though Immune to Fortitude Effects, Black Baron can effectively starve to death if deprived of blood- he is even addicted to the substance. Dracula must also spend some amount of time in contact with his native soil.
Quirk (No Reflection)- Vampires do not cast reflections in any mirrored surface.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 58--29 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 115 / Defenses: 10 (233)

-I can't believe I've never heard of this guy before. Black Baron is a vampire... who is ALSO a werewolf! He sold his soul to Satan centuries ago, gaining both power-sets, plus magic, and engaged in a killing spree. He assaulted Courtney Ross, which resulted in Captain Britain stabbing him through the chest with a makeshift stake, then burning up his contract with Lucifer, ending his threat once and for all.

-Black Baron is a powerful, Variable PL 10 threat with numerous powers, and even multiple FORMS to use, such as his mightier, but dumber, Werewolf form.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Death's Head

Post by Jabroniville »

DEATH'S HEAD III
Created by:
Simon Furman & Geoff Senior
First Appearance: High Noon Tex (1987)
Role: Not a Bounty Hunter, Bad-Ass Robot
PL 10 (217)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA -- AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Freelance Peacekeeping Agent) 10 (+11)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 8 (+10)
Investigation 7 (+9)
Perception 6 (+8)
Stealth 3 (+5)
Technology 6 (+7)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 3 (Arsenal), Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed, Blaster), Improved Initiative, Jack-of-All-Trades, Luck, Power Attack, Ranged Combat 8, Startle, Well-Informed

Powers:
"Robotic Body"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Power-Lifting 1 (25 tons) [1]
Protection 10 (Extras: Impervious 7) [17]
Senses 2 (Infravision, Extended Vision) [2]
Communication 2 (Computers) [8]
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
Regeneration 2 (Feats: Regrowth) [3]

"Grenade Launcher/Missiles" Blast 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (30) -- [34]
  • AE: "Gas Dispensers" Affliction 8 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Cumulative) (16)
  • AE: "Wrist-Weapons" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Penetrating 10) (11)
  • AE: "Heat-Seeking Missiles" Blast 10 (Feats: Homing 2) (22)
  • AE: "Splinter Missile" Blast 10 (Extras: Multiattack) (30)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Wrist-Weapons +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Guns +10 (+6-8 Ranged Damage, DC 21-23)
Splinter Missile +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Grenade Launcher +10 Area (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10, Fortitude --, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Money)
Temper- If you call him a Bounty Hunter, expect to die, yes? He is a Freelance Peacekeeping Agent.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 24 / Powers: 110 / Defenses: 13 (217)

-The original Death's Head was a TransFormers character (though Marvel used some sneaky deals to make him an official Marvel character, not licensed to Hasbro), a quintessentially British character (ie. he was an amoral bastard who wandered the stars and met various weirdos... how is that NOT the embodiment of all Brit-comics?). I admit to hating him as a kid, mostly because I thought he looked dumb- I've never read an appearance by him. By the '90s, he was killed off and replaced with this upgraded, even MORE violent and horrific character. But really, you gotta love a "Freelance Peacekeeping Agent" (NOT a Bounty Hunter) that flies around, fights the Transformers, Doctor Who AND the entire Marvel Universe, all while talking in his unique vocabulary, yes?

-Death's Head debuts as a bounty hunter hired to hunt down Galvatron by Rodimus Prime, but Rodimus changes his mind- the character is then sent after Rodimus... who counter-bids and sends him against the villain again. Death's Head then encounters Doctor Who, now appearing at human size. A solo book soon followed, but low sales killed it off.

-His origin is that he was supposed to be the body possessed by a magical being named Lupex, but he was turned into a businesslike, calculating type by one of the villain's rivals instead. He is sent into the Transformers' future, but eventually returns, slaying his "father", Lupex, resolving only to kill for profit and survival. He does so for a while, before being slain by the cyborg Minion, who absorbs Death's Head's personality.

-I've never read a Death's Head appearance, so this is all Appendix-built. Death's Head is a powerful PL 10 character with ranged and in-close capability, and he's about ready to kick anyone's ass in his weight range. A Class 25 powerhouse, he even has a Gas Attack, Area Attacks and Multiattack Blasts. But yikes, that versatility comes with a high price. PL 10 (217) is pretty big, in the Spider-Man level of character cost.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Nightcrawler! Phoenix! Marvel UK! Death's Head!)

Post by Ares »

If you're looking for suggestions, maybe it's time to update the old Astro-City builds? Especially since there's new material out.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Re: Warwolves

Post by Jabroniville »

RomanMetal wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:59 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:31 am WARWOLVES (Bowzer, Ducks, Jacko, Popsie & Scarper)
"Life Drain" Weaken Stamina 8 (Inaccurate -1) [7]
"Wear Drained People's Skin as Sheaths" Morph 3 (Any Humanoid) (Flaws: Limited to Dead & Drained Victims) [12]
"Combined Teleport" Movement 2 (Dimensional Movement 2) (Flaws: Limited to Group Effort) [2]
That is more an horror than a comic book power, specially for comedic villains. :shock:
Now what's so scary about THIS?:

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

And GLORIOSKY!! I have my computer back!

Well, okay, I have a NEW computer, and after three and a half weeks of stuff, the comp shop finally got all my files un-corrupted (I guess it's not normal to have a computer last six years), so everything's where it should be! They weren't great with communication, and I suffered the consequences of picking a "small-time shop", since only a handful of employees meant that the flu wiped them out and prevented me from getting ANYTHING for weeks at a time, but hey- they gave me a discount for my troubles, so it ended up paying off.

This means that my possibly-lost builds are back on track, and I was able to update some things (apparently my Genosha rant was MUCH bigger in my original wordfile, so I went and edited that one on to the one I posted). Also, I forgot I was gonna stat some of those "Braddock Academy" kids, so I can add them to the total of Marvel UK guys.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:00 am And GLORIOSKY!! I have my computer back!

Well, okay, I have a NEW computer, and after three and a half weeks of stuff, the comp shop finally got all my files un-corrupted (I guess it's not normal to have a computer last six years), so everything's where it should be! They weren't great with communication, and I suffered the consequences of picking a "small-time shop", since only a handful of employees meant that the flu wiped them out and prevented me from getting ANYTHING for weeks at a time, but hey- they gave me a discount for my troubles, so it ended up paying off.

This means that my possibly-lost builds are back on track, and I was able to update some things (apparently my Genosha rant was MUCH bigger in my original wordfile, so I went and edited that one on to the one I posted). Also, I forgot I was gonna stat some of those "Braddock Academy" kids, so I can add them to the total of Marvel UK guys.
It definitely sucks when your computer dies. Last year my computer's hard drive died. Thankfully the guy at the shop I went to was able to replace it in about a week. I don't think I''ve ever seen the Braddock Academy kids, or even know their names, and that's despite me being a UK-person. And I never saw any of the Marvel UK stuff, either. I think one of the most amusing Captain Britain moments I can think of is in Lego Marvel Super Heroes when you race him...and he loses due to driving on the wrong side of the road.
So if you're gonna do the Braddock Academy kids, does that mean you'll get to the Avengers Academy kids eventually? Of course, like most of Marvel's teen hero teams, they never really went anywhere.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 pm so 2099 fans, help me out. Who are the notable names? Any interesting villains? Anyone wanna try compiling another version of The List, but for the future?
I'd say your best bet is actually the wikipedia 2099 page, it lists the majority of the original 2099 title characters but thankfully ignores all the 'alternate 2099' versions.

As for Marvel UK a couple of characters not on your list you might like are Captain Kerosene (Purely because he apparently 'subbed' for Toro on the Invaders) Captain Midlands, G-Force. Immortalis and Tigon Liger.
Oh and Motormouth named her kids Victoria and Albert after local pubs :)
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'