Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Phoenix! Death's Head! Amanda Sefton! Digitek!)

Post by Jabroniville »

MissRo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:14 pm That is some intensely hideous art right there.
What's worse is that the ENTIRE BOOK looks like that. I saw some in a used bookstore, and it was horrifying. Panel after panel of this hideously-malformed chick running around, doing stuff. Most of Marvel UK was so '90s it HURT, but holy crap, this was much worse. This was "art by someone who cannot draw" or "art by someone who wanted to copy Aeon Flux but couldn't get it right".
Jabroniville

Death's Head II

Post by Jabroniville »

My GOD this is so '90s. Anyone wanna watch "Singles" or "A Goofy Movie" with me?

DEATH'S HEAD II
Created by:
Dan Abnett & Liam Sharp
First Appearance: Death's Head II #1 (March 1992)
Role: Terrible Marvel UK Character, Replacement Hero, Bad-Ass, Bounty Hunter
Country of Origin: England
Group Affiliation: None
PL 11 (231)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Freelance Peacekeeping Agent) 5 (+8)
Expertise (Tactics) 6 (+9)
Perception 6 (+8)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Investigation 8 (+8)
Technology 5 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed, Plasma Blaster), Improved Initiative, Jack-of-All-Trades, Power Attack, Ranged Combat 8, Startle, Well-Informed

Powers:
"Cyborg Physiology"
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 6) [8]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Senses 5 (Infravision, Extended Vision, Detect Energy- Ranged & Acute) [5]
Immunity 9 (Heat, Cold, Radiation, Suffocation 2, Starvation & Thirst, Pressure, Vertigo) [9]
Communication 2 (Radio) (Flaws: Limited to Cyborgs) [4]
"Multiple Personalities Encoded" Variable 2 (Flaws: Limited to Skills) [12]
Regeneration 4 (Feats: Regrowth) [5]
"Gun Attached to Arm"
"Cranial Disruption System" Mimic 2 (Flaws: Limited to Skills, Touch Range) Linked to Affliction 10 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (42) -- [44]
  • AE: Plasma Blast 12 (Extras: Penetrating) (38)
  • AE: "Multi-Blade" Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 10) (11)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Plasma Blast +10 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Cranial Disruption System +10 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10 (+12 Armour), Fortitude +13, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Multiple Personalities)

Total: Abilities: 84 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 90 / Defenses: 13 (231)

-So with the first Death's Head killed off and replaced with this upgraded, even MORE violent and horrific character, we had Marvel UK off to a "good" start. This skull-faced guy became an honest-to-god hero (though of course still killed people) after assimilating too many personalities, and did a bunch of stuff (most of which I've never read, but it involved teaming up with every single other Marvel UK character, and a bunch of X-Men). He makes the occasional reappearance nowadays, but is just SO absolutely '90s (Skull face! Made of metal! Gun that turns into bladed weaponry! Regeneration! Willing to kill!), that we're unlikely to see him in a major resurgence.

-And yes, Marvel UK is actually MORE '90s than the entire rest of Marvel Comics in the '90s. Death's Head II is only ONE of the horrifically-Iron Age names that was come up with in this time period (OK, the original came first, in the era that caused this one). Also awful are Death Metal, Die-Cut (seriously) and of course Killpower. It was like someone took Image's worst stuff (Ripclaw, that guy with FOUR cyborg arms on one side of his body, all of Brigade), and then upgraded it to be even MORE extreme and kill-y.

-Death's Head II was originally Minion, the creation of the evil Dr. Evelyn Necker, who made him a killer cyborg who assimilated personalities. However, the slain Death's Head overwhelmed the original personality, essentially turning him into the same guy. However, the addition of other personalities into Minion renders him more heroic (once volunteering for a heroic sacrifice- earlier, he'd have required payment). The character was incredibly-popular for a while, and became the centerpiece for the Marvel UK line, spinning off Death Wreck & Death Metal, and taking part in numerous crossovers.

-Geeeezz.... I hate these '90s-types with all their varied weapons. Death's Head II is a Class 100 (apparently, according to bios- I've seen him trade punches with Class 3-ish Killpower on a fairly even basis, so who knows?) melee fighter who ALSO has a Blaster weapon and a ton of Skills & Advantages (even with Variable Power to cheaply give him a ton of various skills with the 105 minds in his compu-brain), which drives his cost into the stratosphere. So he ends up being a PL 11 guy with the points-cost of an elder member of the Justice League of America, which fits the tendencies of the character (he could fight a ton of X-Men at once at points, and had a ton of powers & abilities), but wow, it just seems awful that he totally outclasses so many other, better characters.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Armadillo! The Aquarian! Axum! Arcade!)

Post by Ken »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:42 pm
Ken wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:59 am My own fondness for that rule is why Prof Weird's Mozou character ended up related to Speedstess/Fast Track in the Gulf game.
I was wondering where that came from...
1989 - My longtime friend and gaming buddy Neil created Speedstress (NKA Fast Track), and he named her Alexandra Green. And he made her being a "mad scientist" part of her background.

2016 - Prof Weird creates Mozou, the creation of a "mad scientist". When Prof Weird was questioned about the name of said scientist, the response was "Dennis Alexander Green." Honestly, I wasn't expecting a middle name. 99% of gaming characters don't have them. So, not only was there the same surname, there's also the fact that the two had the same job AND his middle name is the masculine form of her name. When there are that many coincidnces in play between two characters, the Bridwell Law needed to be invoked.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

The Super-Soldiers

Post by Jabroniville »

F*ck's sake, '90s...

THE SUPER-SOLDIERS:
-This curious little Marvel UK series uses essentially the most generic concept the comic book world has to offer: Government Super-Soldiers. The characters were empowered by modifications of what created the insane Nuke over in the States (because why NOT use that disaster as the basis for loyal agents?). The characters are British super-soldiers, part of a unit that was disbanded years ago, then reinstated with some wild newcomers. They were allied with the U.S. Agent. In the final issue, they were privatised and their contracts sold to the Mercy Corporation as an "autonomous superhero response unit". Apparently, years after they were disbanded, a film was made about their lives, featuring some of the cast performing in it (it was, naturally, awful). The team is now considered a band of embarrassing relics, and Pete Wisdom openly disrespects them (given his status as a Warren Ellis Stand-In, I hardly consider that damning criticism). The entire team was slaughtered in a sacrifice play against demons from Hell, led by Killpower.

-The series only lasted eight issues, being canceled after one story arc as the entire Marvel UK line crashed and burned around it.

SUPER-SOLDIER TEMPLATE
Created by:
Michael W. Bennett, Lee Stevens & Andrew Currie
First Appearance: Super-Soldiers #1 (April 1993)
Group Affiliations: The Super-Soldiers
Role: Elite Soldier
PL 7 (85)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+7)
Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 3 (+4)
Investigation 3 (+4)
Perception 5 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Guns +4-6- Multiattack, Military Gear), Improved Aim, Ranged Attack 4

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Guns +8 (+4-6 Ranged Damage, DC 19-21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (The British Government)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 12 (85)

-The Super-Soldiers are mostly modifications of the same Class 10 Powerhouse/Soldier combo (one Big Guy, two standards, and one Energy Redirector), but two members have normal human strength, so I went with a Strength 2 baseline, with available upgrades for the others. And yes, they get a Template because UGH, Soldiers are like the most boring things to stat in the entire universe. I actually dropped out of doing M&M builds (something that seems impossible today) for upwards of 8 months one time because I was tired of statting out Army Dude after Army Dude, because they always had a ton of identical skills at different levels... thankfully, 3e consolidated a lot of those skills together so they take less time.

Team Members:

GOG (Owen Llewellyn)- PL 8 (85): ST 8, STA 8, AGILITY 1, Power-Lifting 1 (12 tons), Expertise (Cooking) 4 (+5) [19]
-He was injured during the Falklands War, and his daughters grew up without him, turning into criminals. He's generally nice and "neighborly", belying his odd appearance. Despite being much larger than the rest of the team, Gog is the same Strength as Dalton & Hauer.

GUVNOR (Andy "Boy" Black)- PL 8 (95): STA 2, FIGHTING 5, INT 0, Enhanced Strength 7 (Flaws: Limited to Damage Taken), Protection 10 (Extras: Impervious 9), Replace Soldier w/ Criminal, Dodge +8 [10]
-A "rowdy mutant" (ie. a soccer hooligan type with a history of drug abuse and an "All Coppers Are Bastards" tattoo on his arm) with little experience, but the handy power to take all kinds of damage, and redirecting it as Strength. He's known for being both violent, and a huge coward- he cares for little but himself.

DALTON (Alec Dalton, aka Dauntless)- PL 8 (118): ST 8, STA 8, PRE 3, Deception 4 (+7), Power-Lifting 1 (12 tons), Regeneration 3, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Fast Grab, Accurate Attack [33]
-Dalton uses a modified version of Nuke's red, white & blue pills, but uses them internally via a drug-producing device that has replaced his appendix. The "red" increases his aggression, the "white" brings him down, and the "blue" keeps him relaxed. Despite this, and what was an impressive arsenal, he became a "zen martial artist" type who rejected weaponry and fought unarmed. He's known for being a fraud and a charlatan, planning on starting a New Age fad and getting rich & laid, despite having little interest in New Age anything.

DRAGONFLY II (Andre LeRoux)- PL 8 (99): ST 3, Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Trance, Uncanny Dodge, "Dim Mak Death Touch" Affliction 4 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Dying) [14]
-A black martial arts master, he trained himself into "hibernating" in meditation since the 1970s, which made him look like a Blaxploitation hero. He's actually apparently a huge jive-talkin' stereotype, out for kicks and proving himself to be the greatest, and is only heroic to advance his own name. One of the few comic book martial artists to have a "Dim Mak" death touch technique, though as he's appeared in about three individual comic books, he hasn't had much of an opportunity to use it.

XANTIA (Princess Xan Al' Hhffrrnnr Kzznr Fthgnr)- PL 8 (93): FIGHTING 10, Equipment Includes Sword +3, Accurate Attack, Improved Critical (Sword), Fast Grab, Startle, Uncanny Dodge, Expertise (Savage Land Royalty) 6 (+8) [12]
-Because it's the 1990s, the only female member of the team of course fights in a Combat Bikini and has a nasty attitude. And because it's English humor, that's her real name. She hails from the Savage Land, but came to England after her entire tribe was exterminated. She trains with soldiers in order to some day gain her revenge with modern skills, and joins the Super-Soldiers when they all meet up in the Savage Land and she murders the man responsible. Xantia was not offered a Super-Mercenary job like the other Super-Soldiers because she lacked superhuman powers- instead, she was offered a role on a real-life American Gladiators knock-off from England (called, appropriately enough, simply Gladiators).

JOSEPH HAUER (aka Invincible)- PL 8 (125): ST 8, STA 8, INT 3, AWA 4, PRE 3, Power-Lifting 1 (12 tons), Regeneration 3, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Fast Grab, Leadership, Accurate Attack [40]
-The Team Leader, Hauer reappeared as a background character during Civil War, hanging out with Pete Wisdom & Captain Britain. The sole survivor of the invasion from Hell. Shares the same powers as Dalton, but has a very fatalistic outlook on life, and a willingness to kill just about anyone in order to succeed in his mission.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (Amanda Sefton! Marvel UK- Digitek! Death's Head II!)

Post by Ken »

So which person in the picture goes with which name?

I mean, Xantia (Zan'sha?) and Dragonfly are easy to spot, and I'm assuming the alien looking one is Gog.

Hauer is presumably the guy with the bionic eye.

That means Dalton is the Guy Gardner lookalike and Guvnor is the Nic Cage lookalike, or vice versa.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:33 am So which person in the picture goes with which name?

I mean, Xantia (Zan'sha?) and Dragonfly are easy to spot, and I'm assuming the alien looking one is Gog.

That means Dalton is the Guy Gardner lookalike and Guvnor is the Nic Cage lookalike, or vice versa.
Hm, now that we're not limited to four pics per post, I should add more. MC48 also tells me that Writeups.org has some in-depth info for the group.
Jabroniville

The Highwayman

Post by Jabroniville »

THE HIGHWAYMAN (Ross Horton)
Created by:
Glen Dakin & John Royle
First Appearance: Captain Britain #3
Role: Evil Biker
Group Affiliations: None
PL 9 (111)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 5 (+6)
Technology 4 (+5)
Vehicles 8 (+13)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Equipment 8 (Motorcycle w/ Blast 10 & Leaping 2), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Leather Jacket" (Flaws: Removable) [17]
"Exploding Studs" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (21 points)

"Blaster Monocle" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [8]
Blast 6 (12)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Chain +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Monocle +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Motorcycle Laser +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 8 (111)

-The Highwayman is a biker outfitted by the ousted leader of an African nation and sent against Captain Britain with special weapons & gear. Sporting what is apparently an AWFUL attempt at an English accent by American writer Len Wein, he did quite well, but Cap threw his Scepter into the spokes of Highwayman's ride, thus resulting in a major crash. The baddie has never reappeared.

-PL 9 with his bike, and PL 8 otherwise, Highwayman is a match for an '80s Brian.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, and for those unaware, I posted up the review of the Sailor Moon episode with Sailor Jupiter's epic "I have the most talent!" line, providing one of the greatest running gags from the dub :): http://echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewto ... 5f7#p17662

Also, I altered some stuff for the Super-Soldiers, copying some info from Writeups.org and adding pictures of the group.
Jabroniville

The Dragon's Claws

Post by Jabroniville »

Clockwise from Top Left: that's Steel, Dragon, Mercy, Scavenger, and Digit.

THE DRAGON'S CLAWS
Created by:
Simon Furman & Geoff Senior
First Appearance: The Dragon's Claws #1 (June 1988)
Role: Dystopian Cop/Athletes
Group Affiliation: The Dragon's Claws
PL 8 (107)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Cop) 5 (+5)
Expertise (Game Star) 8 (+8)
Perception 4 (+6)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Investigation 5 (+7)
Technology 5 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+7)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment 4 (Various Gear), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Guns), Power Attack, Ranged Combat 5, Startle

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Guns +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Catching Bad Guys)

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (107)

-Wow, some poor bastard actually requested these guys more than THREE YEARS AGO, and I just now got to them. That's gotta be close to a record for me.

-Set in the year 8162, a dystopian future, the book featured a band of ex-sports stars turned into cops, FIGHTING their old rivals on behalf of the corrupt government. It only lasted ten issues thanks to the small UK comic book market and the violence in the series, which was apparently quite extreme.

DRAGON- PL 9 (124): INT 2, AWA 3, FIGHTING 12, Soldier 6 (+8), Ranged Attack +2 [15]
-The team leader, a former Soldier and reluctant sports star. He's very driven and moral, and respected even by his enemies.

MERCY (Mercy Connaught)- PL 8 (111): Streetwise 6 (+6), Improved Critical (Knives) [4]
-A vigilante since her wealthy father was murdered. She was arrested after executing the killer, and put under Dragon's care. She usually fights with knives.

STEEL (Shonin Ikeda)- PL 8 (111): Samurai 6 (+6), Improved Critical (Swords) [4]
-Naturally, a Japanese guy in the 8000s is a samurai. He's all honorable and junk, and wields a sword.

DIGIT (Gan Ayerson)- PL 8 (120): INT 6, Technology 7 (+13) [13]
-A tech guy who computerized himself, at the expense of his humanity.

SCAVENGER- PL 8 (117): INT 1, AWA 3, Expertise (Survival) 8 (+9), Stealth 4 (+9) [10]
-Possibly an Australian Aborigine-descended guy, a great deal is made of just how mysterious he is.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Nightcrawler! Azazel! Phoenix! Marvel UK!)

Post by Jabroniville »

M4C8 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:46 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 pm so 2099 fans, help me out. Who are the notable names? Any interesting villains? Anyone wanna try compiling another version of The List, but for the future?
I'd say your best bet is actually the wikipedia 2099 page, it lists the majority of the original 2099 title characters but thankfully ignores all the 'alternate 2099' versions.

As for Marvel UK a couple of characters not on your list you might like are Captain Kerosene (Purely because he apparently 'subbed' for Toro on the Invaders) Captain Midlands, G-Force. Immortalis and Tigon Liger.
Oh and Motormouth named her kids Victoria and Albert after local pubs :)
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about Captain Midlands- I'll add him and possibly some of the other to the list, depending on what info I can find.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I'm starting to get really curious about the Australian comics that my grandparents brought back in the 80s. I really don't remember much about them.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Ken wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:33 am So which person in the picture goes with which name?

The big guy with the red cybernetic eyes is Gog.
Guvnor is the one with the bowl haircut.
Hauer is the Ex-SAS guy with the head mounted optics.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

The Knights of Pendragon

Post by Jabroniville »

THE KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON
Created by:
Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning & Jim Tomlison
First Appearance: The Knights of Pendragon #1 (July 1990)
Role: English Planeteers
Group Affiliation: The Knights of Pendragon
PL 7 (124)
STRENGTH
0/4 STAMINA 0/5 AGILITY 0/3
FIGHTING 0/8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
None

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Pendragon Powers"
Comprehend 2 (Animals) [4]
Enhanced Strength 3 [6]
Enhanced Stamina 3 [6]
Enhanced Agility 3 [6]
Enhanced Fighting 6 [12]
Enhanced Dodge 4 [4]

Senses 3 (Detect The Bane- Ranged, Danger Sense) [3]

"Pendragon Armour" (Flaws: Removable) [10]
Enhanced Strength 1 (2)
Enhanced Stamina 2 (4)
Enhanced Fighting 2 (4)
Protection 1 (1)
Enhanced Dodge 1 (1)
-- (12 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Powered-Up +6 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Pendragon Armor +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +0 (+3 Pendragon Powers)

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (+8 Suits, DC 10-18), Parry +0 (+8 Suits, DC 10-18), Toughness +0 (+6 Suit), Fortitude +1 (+6 Suits), Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Protecting the Environment)

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 00--0 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 51 / Defenses: 4 (124)

-The Knights are a bunch of regular people given powers by the Champion Spirit of Pendragon, which has empowered people for millennia. And hilariously, they have the exact same origin as the Planeteers, only with the Green Knight summoning some environmentalist warriors instead of Gaea. And the Green Knight murdered numerous CEOs of polluting companies.

BEN GALLAGHER- PL 7 (145): Expertise (Writer) 4 (+6), Blast 8 (Accurate 3) [21]
-Empowered by Percival. A writer, he died saving Union Jack.

KATE McCLELLAN- PL 7 (149): Expertise (Reporter) 4 (+6), Investigation 6 (+8), Blast 8 (Accurate 3), AE: Dazzle Visuals 8 [25]
-Empowered by Guinevere (who was a Queen, not a knight). Ben's lover, and quit the team after he died.

BREEZE JAMES- PL 7 (144): FIGHTING 10, Expertise (Reporter) 4 (+6), Investigation 6 (+8), Speed 7, Quickness 4 [20]
-Empowered by Guinevere (after Kate gave up the powers). A reporter hired by Mys-Tech to spy on the team, but she turns on them and joins the Knights fully. Speedster.

SIR GAWAIN- PL 7 (137): No STA or Armor, ST 6, FIGHTING 6, INT 1, AWA 1, Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8), Protection 4-8, Immunity 30 (Fort. Effects) [13]
-Empowered by Gawain. A robot created for a theme park, but imbued with the essence anyways.

DAI THOMAS- PL 7 (131): Base FIGHTING 2 (still peaks at 8), Expertise (Police Officer) 6 (+8), Investigation 6 (+8), Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8) [7]
-Empowered by Gawain (this is before the robot). An older police officer with a grudge against superheroes (his wife was killed during a Hulk/Thor fight). Actually a character from the 1970s who feuded with Captain Britain back in the day because of the former. Gawain's spirit made him a better fighter.

ALBION- PETER HUNTER- PL 8 (167): STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, INTELLIGENCE 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2, Flight 6, Fire Blast 8 (Accurate 4), Immunity 2 (Aging, Poison) (Half-Effect) [43]
-Empowered by Herne the Hunter. An agent of the Green Knight since World War I. Retired to become a history teacher. Flying Brick.

FRANCESCA GRACE- PL 8 (145): INT 3, AWA 3, PRE 2, Expertise (Business) 6 (+9), Flight 6 [21]
-Empowered by Morgause (Arthur's sister). A corrupt corporate executive who is responsible for numerous crimes against the environment, she is possessed by the Bane- the force that tries to destroy the world for the Red Lord. She summons the Bane and imbues humans with Bane essences. Hunter manages to get Grace to see her own humanity, and she sides with the Knights in the end, confessing her love for him.

That is one PLAIN-ASS costume.

ADAM CROWN- PL 8 (131): INT 1, AWA 1, "Caliburn" (Easily Removable)- Move Object 8, AE: Strength-Damage +4, AE: Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel) [7]
-Empowered by King Arthur. Chosen to lead the team, but was an ordinary man. Wields Caliburn. Telekinesis & Dimensional Transport.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Death Wreck

Post by Jabroniville »

DEATH WRECK
Created by:
Craig Houston and Stewart "Staz" Johnson
First Appearance: Death Wreck #1 (January 1994)
Role: Another Death's Head Spin-Off
PL 8 (94)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 8 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Perception 3 (+2)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Powers:
"Cybernetic Arm" Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) [24]
Power-Lifting 1 (25 tons) [1]
Features: Photocopier in Chest [1]

"Time Disc" (Flaws : Easily Removable) [2]
Movement 2 (Time) (Flaws: Uncontrolled) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Gun Arm +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Getting More Beer)
Addiction (Alcohol)
Quirk (Unstealthy)- Death Wreck makes a huge amount of noise when moving.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 13 (94)

-Death Wreck is yet another character spun off from Death's Head, but was a grungier, more primitive cyborg, built on the cheap (Dr. Necker was told to create a cyborg IMMEDIATELY, and thus cut corners) and running on gas (er, petrol). He also has the brain of a wino, making him unpredictable and dull-witted. He still ended up allying with Death's Head and Death Metal (in, of course, Death-3), but hasn't appeared since 1994.

-Death Wreck is just a low-end, hideous cyborg with only a few gimmicks.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Death Metal

Post by Jabroniville »

DEATH METAL
Created by:
Dan Abnett & Dell Barras
First Appearance: Death-cubed #1 (Sept. 1993)
Role: Uber-90s Character, Killer Robot
PL 11 (221)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Intimidation 14 (+12)
Perception 6 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed), Improved Initiative 2, Power Attack, Ranged Combat 8, Startle

Powers:
"Robotic Body" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 12 (Extras: Impervious 7) [19]
Senses 2 (Infravision, Extended Vision) [2]
Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrowth) [11]
"Weapon Creation" Variable 5 (Any Weapon- Usually Blasts) (35) -- [36]
  •  AE: "Cranial Disruption System" Mimic 2 (Flaws: Limited to Skills, Touch Range) Linked to Affliction 10 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Cumulative) (32)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Weapons +8 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Blasters +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +11

Defenses: Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications: Responsibility (Evil)- Death Metal is usually evil, but has occasionally tried to fight his programming if different personalities take over. He actually wanted to kill himself (due to his own evil) for a period of time, but got over it.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 98 / Defenses: 8 (221)

-Death's Head was bad enough, but Death Metal is virtually perverse. The guy made his debut by killing a parallel universe's Dr. Doom, Dr. Octopus AND Kingpin, just to prove how bad-ass and uncontrollable he was. A split-personality robot/cyborg thing like the other Death's Heads, he was from the same generation of 'borgs, but was Completely evil and crazy, seeking just to destroy things, until eventually developing a conscience and deciding to seek his own death by combat (after absorbing the soul of a pure-hearted being).

-Even more '90s than Death's Head II (if such a thing was possible). He lasted a much shorter period of time than his fellow Death-bots, and eventually just disappeared after a handful of appearances (including a crossover with bottom-tier Alpha Flight). He's just... so over-the-top. Look at him. A T-1000 rip-off AND a Death's Head rip-off, he's got split personalities, sharp teeth, and the ability to form any weapon he wants.

-Like Death's Head II, he's a PL 11 monstrosity, but packs Variable powers, enhanced Initiative, Regeneration, and more general scariness. I wanted to make him lower-level, but it really doesn't suit what the guy's supposed to be capable of. He's so unkillable that he couldn't even find an opponent to properly kill him, in his more suicidal moments.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.