[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With the earlier experience garnered from trying to scry the restaurant an hour or so prior, Kira might've been expectant to brush across some arcane ward. The vampire the group had encountered was certainly capable of constructing strong ones, though how long they might last was up for debate. Yet there was no magical interference of any sort barring her third eye's gaze within. All barriers in place within the building were of a mundane nature, meant to keep out mundane thievery. Guards patrolled in singles or pairs, about ten in total across the whole building with two people in the security room tucked away in the basement level. Cameras were positioned strategically to cover the widest area with the least amount of clutter. Doors and windows were locked tight, the glass seemingly tempered to withstand strong impacts. Near the security room was a secured vault, where a number of historical and artistic pieces were being stored in anticipation of the upcoming charity auction.

Everything was exceptionally mundane, and dare she say it, clean.

All that was notable to her was that there was a large room backstage from where she and Arthur had been setting up for their show. It was marked as "VIP access only", though there was nothing inside save from stacked folding chairs and several scattered tables. It was hardly proof of there being a nefarious dealing going on.

Philip, to his dismay, would have a similar lack of evidence to provide via his vermin reconnaissance schema. A scattering of mice that nested behind forgotten paneling reported a scarcity of food and worries they might not survive the winter, while a local pigeon roosting atop the building mentioned that it's eggs were quite secure. Nothing useful for the case.

If the auction house was going to have the hard evidence they needed to prove of Quince's misdeeds, as far as both scouts could surmise, it hadn't yet arrived.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

After reporting the results of her exhaustive search, Foxy says, "I'm not surprise. They can open portals between locations. They don't need to have anything on premise to do whatever they want to do."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The golem slams a hand against the HBJ's inner paneling, much to the vehicle's dismay. "If these cowards skulk about yn shadows unknown, howe ys my hand meant to fynally knowe justice? Howe am I to free my friend?"
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress
The golem slams a hand against the HBJ's inner paneling, much to the vehicle's dismay. "If these cowards skulk about yn shadows unknown, howe ys my hand meant to fynally knowe justice? Howe am I to free my friend?"
"With patience," She said cooly without ever looking back "Sometimes you have to wait for the prey to show itself, and when it does you wait even longer because you dont want to spook it."

"So now we wait for them to show themselves. Theyre arrogant, think they cant be touched. Theyre also greedy they want what they want and have a lot of money put into this. So theyll show and when they do and the times right we'll take them,"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"What ye propose... An ambush?" The golem looks to Cheyenne, optical sensors carefully analyzing every inch of the woman's face for any sign of weakness. Finding, the robot's shoulders slump forward with a soft hiss of pneumatics. "Hn, while I have grown to appreciate the direct method, it was only through patience I was capable of my ynitial escape. Yf ye thynk it byst for us to lie yn wait, I shal doon so for the sake of the victims."

It's helm turns towards the other Mythos members, "What of ye? doon ye have ydeas yn contrast?"
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Minutes pass by as the crew tries to hash out the next path of action, ideas coming up sparse. After a short while, Felix is given a slight mental prod by the HBJ. It seems someone had pulled up nearby. When he made to check the cameras watching the street, he can spot the familiar car of one Detective Nolan.

Said man and/or dwarf leaves his car, a disgruntled look on his face. He seems to give a quick look about the area, but evidently dosnt spot what- or more than likely who he was looking for. Nolan looks towards the auction house, seemingly surprised to find the building in perfect operation and not sporting cheyenne-sized holes or mysteriously started electrical fires. A few footsteps take him closer to it, but he shakes his head and withdraws his phone.

Cheyenne receives a call from him not long after. When she eventually picks up, he dosnt let her get the first word in. "I need to talk to you, in person."
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Foxy stays in the HBJ but eavesdrops on the conversation using her remote senses.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

Curious, Felix takes a look, sending the Herkimer Battle Jitney an appreciative thank you.

"Did we invite Detective Nolan? Because he's lurking in the parking lot," He says, forcing himself out of his seat and over to the armory case.

He pulls out one of the gauss guns, and one of the energy blades before closing and locking the case again. He bet good money that the cop would wind up inside, and if he needed to see the weapons Felix didn't want him trying to confiscate all of them. He needed a few.

For science.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

She sends a quick text to Nolan

2 rows back 3 spots over come say hi
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cheyenne let's Nolan's call head to her voice-mail rather than answer, sending the text instead. To which he looks up and around, face filled with confusion. From his perspective there's a small yellow Pinto parked in the spot indicated.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"You really need to stop teasing the poor guy," Felix says, not entirely sounding like he means what he's saying.

He opens the "passenger door" on the "pinto" and sticks his head out, "You coming in or what?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cautious, the man approached while putting his phone away. When he finally reached the door and saw what was inside the 'pinto', he stopped in his tracks. His red brow scrunched together like two perplexed caterpillars, the brain behind it all trying to comprehend how a small garage was packed into 60 cubic feet of space.

With a shake of his head and a muttering of 'fucking wizards', he stepped inside. Then stared at the large robot in the corner. Then he decided to file that for later, and focused on everyone else. "Listen. I know you're doing... Something, here, but we need to talk."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip is in a different corner looking uncertain about this.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"We're hunting human traffickers and their victims," Felix says, "But it looks like we got some time before they arrive."