J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
greycrusader

Re: J-Mart: Omni-Man, Conquest, Thragg

Post by greycrusader »

Probably the only change I would make to your Viltrumite builds is dropping their Toughness a couple ranks, though I’d give them Immunity to Critical Hits (1/2 effect) and an extra rank of Regen to compensate; they honestly just never seemed to match Kryptonians or Daxamites in terms of invulnerability. For example, Thragg suffered horrific burns while battling Invincible near the sun’s corona, though both kept fighting; Superman wouldn’t have been harmed.

Overall, I’d say Thragg is a better fighter than Clark, but Superman would win out through his superior durability, wider array of powers (heat vision, rapid fire blows, etc.), and creativity (he’s fought and beaten a WAY wider variety of top-tier foes). Just my opinion.

All my best.
Thorpocalypse

Battle Beast: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

What I do here will have meaning! I will, at long last...prove myself worthy of my gift! You will give me the glory of battle I have yearned for. I will do nothing to sully this victory. - Battle Beast

BATTLE BEAST
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 9; DPL: 14; FWPL: 12; HP: 1
Height: 7-6
Weight: 776
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: White
Skin: Fair
Race: Unknown
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+19), Deception (+0), Expertise [Warrior] 19 (+20), Insight 5 (+10) [Combat Clarity], Intimidation 12 (+12) [Startle], Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+10), Stealth (+5), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (4) (Claws/Teeth, Cudgel, Long Blades, Unarmed), Chokehold, Combat Clarity (1), Diehard, Fearless, Follow-Up Strike*, Improved Critical (4) (Claws/Teeth 2, Unarmed 2, Cudgel, Long Blades), Improved Hold, Power Attack (4) (Claws/Teeth, Cudgel, Long Blades, Unarmed), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover; Close, Concealment), Startle, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Battle Beast Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Leonine Senses: Senses 7 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Scent [Extended 1, Accurate, Acute, Tracking]); 8 pts
Leonine Physiology: Speed 4 (32 mph/500 fpr), Leaping 2 (30 ft); 6 pts
Hard to Kill: Protection 3, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent), Immunity 6 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation [Need to breathe, Flaw: Limited]); 12 pts
Claws/Teeth: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Dangerous 2, Double, Variable Descriptor [Piercing/Slashing]; 6 pts
Battle Armor: 9 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 7 pts
Armor: Impervious Toughness 9; 9 pts
Battle Weapons: 14 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 8 pts
Big Ass Cudgel: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 10); 13 pts
Big Ass Sword: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 10); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +14
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +14, Critical 18-20; Claws/Teeth +16, Critical 18-20; Cudgel +16, Critical 18-20; Sword +16, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +16 (+16 without Defensive Roll, +5 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Battle Beast believes in fair fights, he won't take shortcuts.
Obsession: He craves the thrill of battle and will fight anyone, anytime, anywhere and to hell with everything else.
Reputation: Generally known as the fiercest combatant in the known galaxy.

Abilities 114 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 46 + Defenses 13 = 215 / 215

Build Comments: Another fave of mine from the Invincible-verse, Battle Beast. He wasn’t in a ton of issues, but when he was, he rocked. He’s all about battle, kind of a non-jobbing, and far more vicious, Champion of The Universe. He’s whooped Invincible, Allen the Alien, and killed an adult Viltumite.

Then, in the Vilrumite War penultimate battle, Thragg beat him with one shot, breaking his neck and flinging him away like a rag doll. Eager for a rematch, he gladly accepted Allen’s request to hunt down and kill Thragg. That fight was EPIC. I mean, before he and Thragg started, his current girlfriend dropped a bunch of alien beasts that can actually kill Viltrumites on Thragg to try and kill him in case Beast couldn’t get it done. And Battle Beast jumped in and helped Thragg kill them all so he could have his fair fight. It was pretty awesome.

But it hasn’t happened in my setting yet because I want him around. As a build, he’s a PL below Thragg but I gave him tons of options in melee combat, probably more than he really should since he hasn’t shown much variety in his offense. But he kicks so much ass that I had to go all out on him.

Secret Origins: The being known only as Battle Beast, was born on an unnamed planet in the dark reaches of space. It has been implied that his planet had come under siege by forces that threatened to destroy his people, when Battle Beast first rose to prominence. During this time of conflict, he became his world’s protector and his people’s hero. Though it is unknown how long it took him to achieve victory, it is common knowledge amongst his kind through his sacrifice and bravery he created a utopic society for his people.

Unfortunately for him, he would be unable to share in it. Somehow, during his struggles, Battle Beast became addicted to blood and strife. The peaceful world that he had created for his people was no longer capable of bringing him the conflict he so desperately craved. With the single, desperate need for conquest burning deep within his soul, Battle Beast left his home in the hopes of finding a conflict worthy of his attention.

The Story so Far: He spent millennia wandering the vastness of space, plundering and conquering a thousand worlds before he first heard of a small blue planet called Earth. No one can be sure who first told Battle Beast of Earth, but one thing is certain; the individual that did, promised Battle Beast that its inhabitants would provide great sport for the immortal warrior. Unable to resist, Battle Beast made his way to the Earth, and upon his arrival entered the employ of the crime-lord Machine Head. Presumably, Battle Beast was convinced that working with Machine Head would provide him ample opportunity for conflict.

His reasoning proved to be correct. He had only been on Earth for a short period of time when Machine Head was besieged by first the young Viltrumite Invincible and then the combined force of the Guardians of the Globe. Despite Invincible’s Viltrumite heritage, he proved to be little more than a temporary distraction for Battle Beast. The Guardians of the Globe were even less effective against the leonine warrior’s might; Battle Beast casually mauled two of its members (Bulletproof and Black Samson) in the opening seconds of their fight. Deeply disappointed by the calibre of the Earth’s mightiest warriors, Battle Beast activated a teleportation device that he had acquired and immediately left the planet (and battle) in disgust.

Many months passed before Battle Beast was seen again. Somehow during his travels he ran afoul of the Viltrumite Empire and was imprisoned in one of their most secure gulags in the dark regions of space. By chance alone, both Allen the Alien and Omni-man were being held within the same prison.

When Allen staged a massive breakout, Battle Beast was freed in the confusion. Having nothing better to do and nursing the need to rip his jailers in twain, Battle Beast immediately threw his lot in with the escaping prisoners. Allen and Battle Beast shattered wall after wall of the prison until they eventually interrupted Nolan’s execution at the hands of his Viltrumite jailers.

Battle Beast threw himself into the fray with his normal vigor, until he actually realized that the executioners were actually Viltrumites themselves. Harbouring the mistaken belief that he had never encountered a Viltrumite before, Battle Beast flew into an ecstatic rage and hurled himself into the battle with abandon. The two virtually immortal beings fought relentlessly, even when they were sucked into the vacuum of space. Eventually, Battle Beast gained the upper hand over his foe and tore him asunder. With the battle over, and his allies nowhere to be seen, he fell into a deep slumber and surrendered to the darkness of oblivion.

It is unknown how long Battle Beast floated unconscious in the cold reaches of space. He was eventually found by a Coalition ship, who brought him aboard out of curiosity when they discovered he was alive. Even as his body began to thaw onboard, the blood thirsty immortal began muttering about battle.

The ship’s crew did the only thing they could think of. They brought Battle Beast to Thaedus, in the hopes that the obviously insane creature could be of use to him. They arrived in the aftermath of the Viltrumites assault on Talescria. Thaedus immediately recognized Battle Beast’s potential as a weapon and after nursing him back to health, told him of the great battle that would occur on Viltrum.

Battle Beast agreed to participate in the battle, and so was assigned to fight alongside a small assault force comprised of: Invincible, Omni-man, Young Omni-man, TechJacket, Allen the Alien and Thaedus himself. The Coalition assault squad arrived at Viltrum a short time later. Despite their initial plan (and hope) that they would be able to prepare an ambush to catch the Viltrumites unaware, the Viltrumites were already prepared. The two groups clashed in a direct frontal assault, which suited Battle Beast well.

Battle Beast threw himself directly into the closest and largest concentration of Viltrumite troops he could find. Despite being surrounded by at least six of the most physically powerful beings in existence, Battle Beast found himself enjoying the fight. He goaded his Viltrumite foes on with calls for “MORE, MORE” as he assaulted any foe that dared to come within his reach. Surprisingly, Battle Beast held his own throughout the battle, until he saw Thragg single-handedly murder Thaedus and brutalize both Invincible and Omni-man. Desperate to face a foe of such power, Battle Beast threw himself at Thragg with abandon, leaving his own foes behind. This proved disastrous for Battle Beast as Thragg met his charge head on, and with contemptuous ease, batted him away.

Battle Beast survived and later was summoned by Allen to Talescria upon hearing of Thragg’s exile from his people. He tasked The Beast with hunting down and killing Thragg, which Battle Beast gladly agreed to do.

Characterization: Battle Beast has a single overwhelming personality trait. He lives to fight the good fight. Anything else is secondary. He is completely addicted to the thrill of combat and cares for nothing else. At all times, he is actively seeking out “worthy” opponents to test his power and skill against. The more powerful the opponent, the greater his thrill.

Friends and Foes: Battle Beast doesn’t really have a dislike for anyone except those that will not fight but he seems to truly enjoy fighting Viltrumites due to their power and aggressive nature. And he wants to avenge his loss to Thragg BADLY.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Battle Beast: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Battle Beast: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Battle Beast: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Doctor Vile

Re: J-Mart: Omni-Man, Conquest, Thragg, Battle Beast

Post by Doctor Vile »

Thorpocalypse, love your builds. I was wondering if you had the time could you do a new build for Link from Tears of the Kingdom? Link is one of my favorite characters of all time and I would like to see your take on him from the new game. Not sure if you play it but I'm sure there is info out there on it if you need the source.

Thanks!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Doctor Vile wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:06 am Thorpocalypse, love your builds. I was wondering if you had the time could you do a new build for Link from Tears of the Kingdom? Link is one of my favorite characters of all time and I would like to see your take on him from the new game. Not sure if you play it but I'm sure there is info out there on it if you need the source.

Thanks!
Thanks Doc! I will give it a shot. I've only played one of the early Legend of Zelda games so this will be a challenge for me. Give me a little time and I'll get on it.
Doctor Vile

Post by Doctor Vile »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:33 pm
Doctor Vile wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:06 am Thorpocalypse, love your builds. I was wondering if you had the time could you do a new build for Link from Tears of the Kingdom? Link is one of my favorite characters of all time and I would like to see your take on him from the new game. Not sure if you play it but I'm sure there is info out there on it if you need the source.

Thanks!
Thanks Doc! I will give it a shot. I've only played one of the early Legend of Zelda games so this will be a challenge for me. Give me a little time and I'll get on it.
Ok, thanks alot in advance. Be sure to check out info on his new arm in the new game. It is the source of most of his new powers in this one.
Harnos

Re: Thragg: Earth-T1

Post by Harnos »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:43 pm Image
Before you overreact, take notice of the fact that you couldn't make us leave if you wanted to. What I propose is this... we will live among you. The people of Earth will not even know we are here. You will not even know we are here. You will not interfere with any matter on Earth. We do not want our presence to be known. We will not attack you... but we will not help you. My people will blend in, live as Humans with Humans. We will intermingle... we will interbreed. This is the only way to ensure our survival of the Viltrumite people. We will restore our ranks over the course of thousands of years. Human DNA has been proven to make near perfect hybrids... the closest thing we have to pure-blooded Viltrumites. Our children and our children's children will join our ranks, their children will have children and our ranks will swell with the infusion of Human DNA. You will allow us the time to restore our numbers... to rebuild our Empire. - Thragg

THRAGG
PL15

OPL: 15; SPL: 12; DPL: 15; FWPL: 13; HP: 1
Height: 6-10
Weight: 325
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Viltrumite
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+22), Deception (+5), Expertise [Viltrumite Lore] 9 (+12), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 8 (+13) [Startle], Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion 3 (+8), Stealth (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (1) (Unarmed), All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Chokehold, Defensive Attack (1) (Unarmed), Diehard, Favored Foe (Viltrumites), Follow-Up Strike*, Improved Critical (4) (Unarmed 4), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Startle, Takedown (2), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Toughness Check)

POWERS:
Viltrumite Physiology: Feautre 1 (Longevity); 1 pt
Invulnerability: Immunity 10 (All Environmental Conditions, Poisons, Suffocation [Need to breathe, Flaw: Limited to ability to hold breath], Starvation/Thirst [Flaw: Limited to approximately 2 weeks], Disease [Flaw: Limited to terrestrial diseases]), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent), Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 19; 35 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (400,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Flight and Super Speed: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Flight: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]) (Extra: Dynamic) (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +19, Critical 16-20]
Ranged Attack +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +19 (+10 Impervious, Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +15, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Thaddeus, the Coalition of Planets, The Guardians of the Universe.
Responsibility: To protect and restore the glory of the Viltrumite Empire.
Temper: While he generally cares himself in a stately, calm manner, beware. Vltrumites are known for their towering battle rages and none are more terrible than his.
Vulnerable: When a Viltrumite's equilibrium in their ears is disturbed, mainly by a sonic effect, it can cause extreme pain and may even possibly kill them.

Abilities 130 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 76 + Defenses 13 = 260 / 260

Build Comments: After I finished the Invincible: Viltrumite War, I was blown away. I wasn’t sure how Kirkman would top it, and honestly, I don’t know that he ever did. The overall ending of the series was pretty good but I think the Viltrumite War might be the peak of the series.

The Viltumite War series allowed all the main characters at that point to have their moments, but my favorite thing was the true introduction of the new main villain, Grand Regent Thragg of the Viltrumite Empire. Man, was he wicked. I know most new villains come in like gangbusters then fade off, but he never really did. He was a huge threat until his final defeat.

He originally whooped Omni-Man (by punching right through him, damn) and Invincible and didn’t break a sweat. But the impressive thing was his one shot takedown of Battle Beast, who up until that point was the ultimate engine of destruction in the Invincible-verse. Omni-Man said there was no way they could beat him and for a long time he was right.

I made Thragg pretty much unbeatable by Omni-Man or Mark one on one, but it’s possible together it could be done. Superman could maybe beat him one on one, but not without some pain. I gave him tons of combat advantages since he was been trained since birth in war, even more than other original Viltrumites who are all strong fighters on top of being Kryptonian level powerful. I have no qualms about that +19 Toughness. More than once, he shrugged off shots from Nolan, Mark and Thaddeus and with no signs of damage. That’s a baaaaaaaad man right there.

Secret Origins: While the exact details of his birth have yet to be revealed, what little that is known is this: the future Grand Regent of the Viltrumite race was the son of one of Emperor Argall’s closest advisors. Like all Viltrumite infants he was conceived through a process of eugenics and selective breeding. From the moment he was born, Thragg was subjected to a gruelling training regime; a regime whose sole purpose was to maximize his raw physical power and to create the most capable and dangerous tactical mind amongst their kind. It was a success. At its completion, Thragg possessed a level of strength and ruthlessness that outstripped every other Viltrumite in existence.

The Story so Far: Presumably, upon reaching maturity, Thragg served as a member of the Viltrumite World Conquering Committee and was a loyal member of the Viltrumite Empire. He was exceptionally loyal to the Viltrumite Grand Regent Lord Argall and served him loyally up until the moment of his murder. Argall’s murder caused chaos in the Viltrumite Empire, and it was during this time of trouble that the Scourge Virus was released upon Viltrum. In less that a year, 99.9% of the Viltrumite race fell to the deadly virus. It was from the ashes of this debilitating attack that Thragg seized control and under his leadership the crippled empire endured.

Despite his awesome physical power, Thragg manipulated events from the sidelines and rarely (if ever) intervened physically. The key to his plan was to maintain the illusion of strength while searching for a method to bolster the Viltrumites depleted numbers.

When Conquest escaped from Earth, Thragg was shocked to discover Mark Grayson had defeated him. He wanted to kill Conquest for his failure but gave him one more chance. Due to a mole deep within the Coalition of Planets he received news of their next steps in their war plans which opened the opportunity to attack Mark's ship on its way to Talescria. The attack proved to be successful in the initial stages, the starship used by the Coalition of Planets was destroyed but due to the determination of Mark he managed to kill Conquest before he killed Oliver. Thragg received report of this as the Viltrumite war escalates. The Coalition begin to gain the upper hand due to their use of weapons lethal to even Viltrumites. Despite his efforts the war seemed to be swinging in favor of the Coalition. Things worsened for him after he received news that Mark Grayson had actually killed Conquest. Unable to accept defeat, he decided to stage an attack on Talescria and kill Thaedus himself. However the Grayson's intervened, destroying the main vessels along with Thaedus and thwart the invasion. With the dawn of war in sight and the Coalition the clear winners, he decided to assemble the Viltrumites back on their homeworld to gather their forces and confidence.

However a preemptive attack lead by Thaedus, the Graysons, Tech Jacket and Space Racer rifled his plans. During the intense fighting the planet Viltrum is destroyed by Thaedus, Nolan (Omni-Man) and Mark Grayson (Invincible). He flew into a rage after seeing his heritage destroyed by traitors and killed Thaedus by severing his head from his body. Thragg then broke Oliver's jaw and snapped his arm off. However the cost of war has proved great, only 35 full blooded Viltrumites are left alive. He mortally wounded Mark and Nolan and then flew off, vowing to continue the Viltrumite legacy elsewhere.

Mark deduced that because they destroyed Viltrum, Thragg will surely go to Earth and destroy it. After a confrontation on the planet, Thragg revealed that due to the dwindling population of Viltrumites he decided that they would come here, blend in and would interbreed with humans due to the great success it has proved (Mark Grayson). He tells Mark and his father that if they attempt to stop him he and the other Viltrumites will completely destroy earth. If they do agree to a truce, the Viltrumites will interbreed for several generations until their numbers reach a formidable size and then retake the stars once again.

A few months later, Allen the Alien and Kid Omni-Man had discovered that the last members of the Viltrumites were on Earth and while the new Scourge virus they had would possibly kill off humans too, they decided to use it on Earth, but were stopped by both Thragg and Invincible. However, Thragg sought a more diplomatic solution to the attack before the Guardians of the Globe appeared and Oliver decided to use the virus on Earth, but during a battle with his brother, the virus was released on Invincible. Knowing that the death of Invincible would destroy everything between Earth and the Coalition of Planets. Thragg used his doctors along with Earth's and Dinosaurus to find a cure for Mark, but in the process learned a shocking secret behind Invincible's family line that had to be hidden at all costs.

Realizing that no one else could know the secret behind Mark's heritage due to the fact that he is a traitor to his own people. Thragg disposed of the doctor who found out about the secret and tried to kill Mark himself because he was not worthy of leading his people. However, Dinosaurus caught Thragg trying to kill Mark and took him away to safety after unsuccessfully trying to fight back.

After Dinosaurus and Mark’s failed alliance, Thragg took the opportunity to strike at Nolan, revealing that he should be the true leader of the Viltrumite people. After the other Viltrumites found out, they rallied to Nolan’s side and captured Thragg. Nolan promised to take the Viltrumite empire in a new, peaceful direction. Seeing that their time on Earth was changing many of the other Viltrumites as it had him, he allowed Thragg’s plan of breeding with humans to continue.

Nolan sentenced Thragg to exile and he left the planet to plot his revenge. Hearing the news from Nolan, Allen summoned Battle Beast to Talescria to task him with finding and killing Thragg.

Characterization: Thragg, like other villains, is a study in contrasts. In most ways, Thragg is a typical Viltrumite male and thus shares nearly all of the cultural traits that they would possess. He values strength in battle, and appoints his subordinates into their various roles according to it. He can be arrogant and cruel, and with his explosive temper and capacity for violence, woe be it upon the individual who earns his vengeance.

However, Thragg has also demonstrated a level of cunning, eloquence and control that can only be found in the most experienced of leaders. Despite his instincts prompting him to kill, Thragg seems to have evolved past the IED (Intermittent Explosive Disorder) that his fellow Viltrumites all suffer from to one degree or another. He often exercises restraint and control, thinking through the options and alternatives. This single fact makes Thragg “scarier” than his Viltrumite brethren. For the most part, Thragg murders his opponents for a purpose and without passion. He apparently has no need for accolades and does not display any form of self-interest or pride, outside of that for his race.

His power level is unmatched among his people, with him defeating highly experienced Viltrumite warriors like Thaedus and Omni-Man with relative ease and taking several blows from Invincible with only a minor bruise to show for it.

Friends and Foes: He is totally committed to his people and is now a mortal enemy of Omni-Man and the Coalition of Planets.
Nice build as always, you inspired me to continue my Invincible builds. And i loved your evaluation of Thragg. PL 15 fits him considering your Superman is also at this level. He is the most powerful member of kryptonian pastiche race after all. His mental stats reflects him too, he is a wise and charismatic leader who maintained an empire even as his race is brought down to the brink of extinction.

His days, issues long battle with Battle Beast was awesome too. In that case i would argue Battle Beast should be PL 14,5-15, considering he gave Thragg a fair fight. By the way, I don't think I am the only one who likened Thragg to Freddie Mercury. :D
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

greycrusader wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:36 pm Probably the only change I would make to your Viltrumite builds is dropping their Toughness a couple ranks, though I’d give them Immunity to Critical Hits (1/2 effect) and an extra rank of Regen to compensate; they honestly just never seemed to match Kryptonians or Daxamites in terms of invulnerability. For example, Thragg suffered horrific burns while battling Invincible near the sun’s corona, though both kept fighting; Superman wouldn’t have been harmed.

Overall, I’d say Thragg is a better fighter than Clark, but Superman would win out through his superior durability, wider array of powers (heat vision, rapid fire blows, etc.), and creativity (he’s fought and beaten a WAY wider variety of top-tier foes). Just my opinion.

All my best.
Viltrumites are stronger than they are tough, i agree but Thragg seems to be an exception. He was impervious to attacks from Viltrumite level foes. Dinosaurus broke his teeth while biting him. To remind, Dinasourus survived the nuclear explosion that destroyed Los Angeles and went toe to toe with a relatively late stage Mark Grayson.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Harnos wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:50 pm
greycrusader wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:36 pm Probably the only change I would make to your Viltrumite builds is dropping their Toughness a couple ranks, though I’d give them Immunity to Critical Hits (1/2 effect) and an extra rank of Regen to compensate; they honestly just never seemed to match Kryptonians or Daxamites in terms of invulnerability. For example, Thragg suffered horrific burns while battling Invincible near the sun’s corona, though both kept fighting; Superman wouldn’t have been harmed.

All my best.
Viltrumites are stronger than they are tough, i agree but Thragg seems to be an exception. He was impervious to attacks from Viltrumite level foes. Dinosaurus broke his teeth while biting him. To remind, Dinasourus survived the nuclear explosion that destroyed Los Angeles and went toe to toe with a relatively late stage Mark Grayson.
Dinosaurus WAS quite powerful...but later when he went one-on-one with Allen the Alien (who was about at Mark's level), he got handled fairly easily, with Allen explicitly stating he could have badly injured Dinosaurus if he went all-out. I base my estimation of Viltrumites (including elites such as Thragg) being stronger than they are tough on how they just got injured a LOT more often than Kryptonians do, even when the latter are facing equivalent opposition. Thragg suffered visible wounds nearly every time he battled Nolan and Mark, Battle-Beast, or other equals/near-equals. Now, he was able to fight on despite injuries that would have been debilitating to ordinary mortals, and healed up quickly, but still seemed more susceptible to damage than Kal-El; to me, they seem more like the most powerful of the Asgardians (save for Odin), as Thor has likewise shown to be less impregnable than Superman in most instances. But I admit I do have bias, as I generally place most paragon-types under the Man of Steel, as he's the original and template for all the others.
\
All my best.
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Harnos wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:38 am
By the way, I don't think I am the only one who likened Thragg to Freddie Mercury. :D
I know when I read it, every time time Thragg showed up I'd have "Princes of the Universe" playing in my head, which absolutely did not detract from my enjoyment. If they don't get at least Queen song in the animated series when he shows up, I'm going to be very disappointed.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

JDRook wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:52 am
Harnos wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:38 am
By the way, I don't think I am the only one who likened Thragg to Freddie Mercury. :D
I know when I read it, every time time Thragg showed up I'd have "Princes of the Universe" playing in my head, which absolutely did not detract from my enjoyment. If they don't get at least Queen song in the animated series when he shows up, I'm going to be very disappointed.
I did not know that song, I will check it, thank you. And I agree, would love to hear a FM song in a Thragg scene.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

greycrusader wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:15 pm
Harnos wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:50 pm

All my best.
Dinosaurus WAS quite powerful...but later when he went one-on-one with Allen the Alien (who was about at Mark's level), he got handled fairly easily, with Allen explicitly stating he could have badly injured Dinosaurus if he went all-out. I base my estimation of Viltrumites (including elites such as Thragg) being stronger than they are tough on how they just got injured a LOT more often than Kryptonians do, even when the latter are facing equivalent opposition. Thragg suffered visible wounds nearly every time he battled Nolan and Mark, Battle-Beast, or other equals/near-equals. Now, he was able to fight on despite injuries that would have been debilitating to ordinary mortals, and healed up quickly, but still seemed more susceptible to damage than Kal-El; to me, they seem more like the most powerful of the Asgardians (save for Odin), as Thor has likewise shown to be less impregnable than Superman in most instances. But I admit I do have bias, as I generally place most paragon-types under the Man of Steel, as he's the original and template for all the others.
\
All my best.
I agree about Dinasourus' power level. I would classify him as PL 13 and my peak Mark is PL 15 (14.5). Still, he should have something like 14-15 rank damage output and I think that would justify a high toughness on Thragg. However, after reading your comment I looked at the issue 75 again (Viltrum's destruction) and not peak level Mark made his nose bleed with a one punch indeed. So I agree that he might be a notch below. Even Doomdsday didn't make Supe bleed easily. One or two ranks lower than Supe can be understandable, but I wouldn't go lower.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Hecl that actually brings up the question of how many vitrumites would doomsday slaughter before he ran into mark nolan and or thragg and which of the three of them would die stopping him if they could at all
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories