Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Marvel 2099- Ghost Rider! Punisher! DOOM! X-Men!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Haha, you know these guys are largely uninteresting when I put up almost the entire team in one uninterrupted streak, and nobody comments for a few days in a row :). And this is probably one of the longest unbroken "all-new build" streaks in a long time- only Spider-Man 2099 is an old one!

Okay, so Doom 2099 is a glorified re-post as well, but the INFO is new!
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Twilight looks like, in description, Scarlet Witch without a decent costume or color palate
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Jabroniville

Nostromo

Post by Jabroniville »

NOSTROMO (Gabriel Hess)
Created By:
Tom Peyer, Warren Ellis & Humberto Ramos
First Appearance: 2099 A.D. Genesis #1 (Jan. 1996)
Role: Metal Controller
Group Affiliations: X-Nation
PL 8 (94)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+3)
Deception 4 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Stealth 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Technological Interaction"
"Machines to Whatever" Variable 5 (Technological Powers) (Flaws: Source- Technology) (30) -- [32]
  • AE: Transform 5 (Metals to Anything Else) (20)
  • AE: Healing 8 (Flaws: Limited to Self, Source- Metals) (4)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Possible Mutant Messiah)

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 11 (94)

-Nostromo can interact with, and morph into, technology he's holding, letting it recalibrate for any variety of effects (Transform/Variable). When Doom sacrifices himself to stop the Phalanx from taking over Earth, Nostromo replaces him as the ruler of Latveria.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Willow

Post by Jabroniville »

WILLOW (Willow Pierre)
Created By:
First Appearance: 2099 A.D. Genesis #1 (Jan. 1996)
Role: Morpher
PL 6 (103)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+3)
Deception 4 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Stealth 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Mimicry"
Morph 2 (People) (Noticeable- Symbol over Right Eye) [9]
Shapeshift 4 [32]

Offense:
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 41 / Defenses: 11 (103)

-Willow is hilariously bad- what good is a Morph power with the NOTICEABLE Drawback? At least she can turn into stuff and mimic powers, such as the time she turned into an alien, or a Savage Land creature with wings.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Metalsmith

Post by Jabroniville »

METALSMITH (Shane Lee)
Created By:
First Appearance: X-Nation 2099 #2 (Feb. 1996)
Role: Metal Controller
PL 7 (88)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+3)
Intimidation 2 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Stealth 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Metal Control"
"Reshape Metals" Transform 8 (Metals to Different Shapes) (Extras: Continuous) (32) -- [33]
  • AE: Move Object 8 (Flaws: Limited to Metals) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 10 (88)

-Metalsmith was killed by the Phalanx. His power was the ability to manipulate at reshape metals, sort of like Magneto-Lite.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, finally done the Marvel 2099 line! Next up is the batch of guys that EQUALED them in terms of votes and interest (hopefully they'll make up for the fact that nobody- not even me- cared about the 2099 guys :)), the Suicide Squad! Complete with their "Sister Series", the Secret Six, PLUS DC's gang of terrorists, The Jihad! Funny how you don't see THAT name pop up for supervillain groups anymore!

But before that, I'll throw down a few random Marvel builds. Mainly because on my Master Sheet for "The List", there were several names crossed out surrounding THESE names, leaving their names floating about in a sea of black lines. And since I'm OCD as BALLS, that won't stand. So there'll be three ACTUAL builds, and 5-6 "just descriptions" sets of guys who don't really deserve them (or can't really be statted up, given limited information). Sometimes names in The List just pop up and aren't QUITE notable enough for a full build, but the research is still a bit of fun.

The "Random Marvel" guys will last barely a day.
Jabroniville

Rebecca Littlehale

Post by Jabroniville »

REBECCA LITTLEHALE (aka Lighttrakker)
Created By:
Louise Simonson & Sal Velluto
First Appearance: Power Pack #37 (May 1988)

-Rebecca is a mutant who can teleport to wherever she sees light. She has no control over this power, and so wears sunglasses in order to keep herself planted in one place. She was found by Power Pack and taken home after her sunglasses got knocked off and she popped onto a bridge. She was kidnapped by their foe the Bogeyman, and was rescued by Power Pack and the New Mutants. She hasn't been seen since.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

That Which Endures

Post by Jabroniville »

THAT WHICH ENDURES
Created By:
John Byrne
First Appearance: West Coast Avengers #44 (May 1989)
Role: Cosmic Unknowable

-"That Which Endures" is the name given to an alien life-form that floats around and tries to guide evolution- it tries to exterminate humanity in favor of mutantkind, but apparently failed, thanks to the Vision and the Great Lakes Avengers, who rescued the Scarlet Witch, who TWE was using in order to carry out his plan.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Heh, well my lack of comments were due to being out of town since Thursday. ;)

Marvel 2099 was an interesting idea, just poorly executed. Whereas the Legion of Superheroes was set in a more distant future and more of a space opera with superheroes, Marvel 2099 was a cyberpunk take on the Marvel Universe, the potential to be their own version of Batman Beyond before that was a thing.

What hurt the overall line, I think, was that it was too "safe" in some ways. Spider-Man 2099 and Doom 2099 were probably the only decent titles of the run. Beyond that you just had too many legacy characters when you could have introduced at least a few new heroes. And a lot of the "legacy" books weren't even that interesting takes on the concepts.

Having the X-Men still be an oppressed minority at the time was just the same premise as the regular books but with a different, less fleshed out cast. Why not do something where, after 100 years, mutants are actually sort of celebrities? Where even the freaky looking ones are seen as "cool" and "edgy", while the beautiful ones are like movie stars on steroids? They make up a noticeable portion of the population and are actually somewhat "protected", able to use their groups past persecution as a shield. So that the X-Men are no longer about mutants being oppressed, but have to focus on the other side of things where they have to police their own, keeping mutants from abusing their power and position.

As for Meanstreak, I kind of liked the red, blue and gold outfit, he just needed a symbol to tie it all together and a full on mask. It was kind of bulky for a speedster tho.

But yeah, Marvel 2099 ultimately was a failed experiment, some good ideas with an overall poor execution.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Yeah, the 2099 builds were mostly filled with doofuses and guys that are just alternate versions of existing characters. Not that interesting stuff. I still like seeing doofuses, though.

I'm looking forward to the Suicide Squad/Secret Six builds, though considering all the different incarnations and appearances of the teams over the years, that's probably a LOT of builds. It'll be good because it'll let you get to a bunch of guys you haven't statted yet (or have only done the animated versions of), like King Shark, Killer Croc, Reverse-Flash, the first Captain Boomerang, Slipknot, Deadshot, and others. And of course, during Rebirth, they made the Suicide Squad roster similar to that of the movie. Also, since Harley's been a member of the squad, will you include a comics version build of Joker too?
Jabroniville

Daydream

Post by Jabroniville »

DAYDREAM
Created By:
Peter David & Lee Weeks
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #77 (March 2005)

-Conceived by dream-rape, as the entity Nightmare entered and ravaged Betty Banner in her dreams (wha---?), Daydream has Nightmare-like powers. She was sent to Earth as an amnesiac named "Gwen", joined a band, and later allied with the Hulk against her father. She eventually returned to her own dimension.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Titannus

Post by Jabroniville »

TITANNUS
Created By:
Robert Kirkman & Scott Kolins
First Appearance: Marvel Team-Up #2 (Jan. 2005)
Role: Hulk-Level Threat
PL 14 (139)
STRENGTH
2/20 STAMINA 3/17 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Expertise (Skrull Soldier) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 8 (+7)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Super-Skrull"
Enhanced Strength 16 [32]
Enhanced Stamina 12 [24]
Leaping 5 [5]
Regeneration 5 (Feats: Regrows Body Parts) [6]
Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) [4]

"Flight Shoes" (Flaws: Removable) [10]
Flight 6 (120 mph) (12 points)

"Gamma-Absorbing Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [10]
Affliction 16 (Power Strength; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Aura +3) (Flaws: Limited to Gamma-Powers -2, Limited to 1 Rank Per Round) (16 points)

Offense:
Super-Strong +8 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3 (+17 Super-Powered), Fortitude +3 (+17 Super-Powered), Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Killing Humans)
Secret (Liar)- Titannus is either a liar or he's nuts. In either case, being confronted with his lies caused him to commit suicide.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 91 / Defenses: 11 (139)

-Wouldn't ya know that Robert Kirkman's reaction to needing a bad guy to fight a powerful hero would be to just make an ultra-strong alien bad-ass who came out of nowhere. Titannus is a "Super-Skrull" designed to take out super-heroes- he fights a group that includes Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Nova, Carol Danvers, She-Hulk & the Hulk. He apparently easily defeated the Hulk, then gave a fabricated story that he needed their help against some bad guys. They figured that he was insane, and he crushed his own head to end the battle. Later, it was revealed that he was a Skrull, and apparently could re-grow his own head. He appeared only once more, being defeated by a similar group of heroes.

-Titannus is ungodly powerful, able to easily defeat the modern Savage Hulk with only a few punches, then hold off a large number of powerful super-heroes. Granted, this was all in his debut, so New Villain Stink was working for him, so he "merely" ties with the Hulk. In his second appearance, his armor absorbed Gamma Radiation, de-powering the Hulk quickly.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Marvel has a "Hulk Skrull" and never sent him to whup on the Fantastic Four?

No wonder they're perrennially getting their asses kicked.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Marvel Wiki says that Titannus's armor had the power to absorb energy, including gamma energy, and he also had flight boots. He also appeared in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance video game.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:16 am Haha, you know these guys are largely uninteresting when I put up almost the entire team in one uninterrupted streak, and nobody comments for a few days in a row :). And this is probably one of the longest unbroken "all-new build" streaks in a long time- only Spider-Man 2099 is an old one!

Okay, so Doom 2099 is a glorified re-post as well, but the INFO is new!
I feel like I may have SNK'd you with my Marvel 2099 vote. There were a lot of characters, but I was mostly interested in the Spider-man 2099 and Dr. Doom 2099 :D.
Formerly luketheduke86