Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Secret Six! Rag Doll! Scandal Savage!)

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 6:18 am
Bronze Tiger vs Stompa actually makes sense to me. If Stompa is in that Thing / Colossus tier of physical power, then guys like Ben, Batman, Captain America and Shang Chi aren't really going to have much of a chance against her if they're just trying to beat her unconscious unarmed. I figure for guys who are basically "action movie" martial artists with better stats, the ability to harm superhuman opponents with even nerve strikes and the like probably tops out around the Class 50 mark. After that point, you need legit "special techniques" like Iron Fist, Karnak or Karate Kid to really hurt guys above Class 50.
Yeah, pretty much. In real life, nobody that strong is gonna be challenged by a regular human. Think of real life, and an unarmed man taking on a polar bear or an elephant- it's ludicrous. And a Class Whatever superhuman is multiple TIMES that strong!
Guess it's a good thing we're talking about comic books and not real life, huh? ;) You know, the comics where a "regular human" can deflect bullets with a sword or shoot an arrow with beyond Hollywood precision?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Dude, I am so in love with the sensory set you gave King Shark. And dude has points leftover for some extra Intellect and further skills. Maybe even Strength to Namor levels for my OC Requin.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Skaramine wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 7:41 am Dude, I am so in love with the sensory set you gave King Shark. And dude has points leftover for some extra Intellect and further skills. Maybe even Strength to Namor levels for my OC Requin.
Thanks! All those weird Animal Senses come from my set of "Animal Builds" (check the front page), where I statted out most of the recognizable members of the animal kingdom. It's a set that's proven really popular in my thread in the past, and even people who didn't care for it (as it has little to do with comics) have since come back and told me that it was surprisingly useful, as there's actually a lot of things in an RPG or comic book that require animal stats. Giant birds, animal mounts, dinosaurs, etc.

And I never realized when I started it how many times I'd need all that stuff- But countless times I've gone to stat up an Animal Guy, only to realize that I did all the legwork way back when, and need only translate Lateral Lines, Canine Senses, Electrolocation or whatever onto a superhero or villain, because they're animal-themed :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 7:26 am
Bronze Tiger vs Stompa actually makes sense to me. If Stompa is in that Thing / Colossus tier of physical power, then guys like Ben, Batman, Captain America and Shang Chi aren't really going to have much of a chance against her if they're just trying to beat her unconscious unarmed. I figure for guys who are basically "action movie" martial artists with better stats, the ability to harm superhuman opponents with even nerve strikes and the like probably tops out around the Class 50 mark. After that point, you need legit "special techniques" like Iron Fist, Karnak or Karate Kid to really hurt guys above Class 50.
Yeah, pretty much. In real life, nobody that strong is gonna be challenged by a regular human. Think of real life, and an unarmed man taking on a polar bear or an elephant- it's ludicrous. And a Class Whatever superhuman is multiple TIMES that strong!
Guess it's a good thing we're talking about comic books and not real life, huh? ;) You know, the comics where a "regular human" can deflect bullets with a sword or shoot an arrow with beyond Hollywood precision?
It only gets weird when you see stuff like Daredevil treat lions as unbeatable adversaries, when he has multiple guys in his Rogues Gallery who should be MUCH more dangerous (Man-Bull is much stronger than any lion), but he beats them handily.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Man, looking up stuff for Samurai Shodown (still a considerable ways in the future, but I was reminded of the game recently and wanted to reaffirm that yes, there are like four times the amount of characters I would expect), I'm stunned by some of the music. Haohmaru's stage theme is BITCHING: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jkGHMuHAQA

That weird combination of horror and an impressive beat- it's like something out of AKIRA.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 9:19 am
Ares wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 7:26 am

It only gets weird when you see stuff like Daredevil treat lions as unbeatable adversaries, when he has multiple guys in his Rogues Gallery who should be MUCH more dangerous (Man-Bull is much stronger than any lion), but he beats them handily.
While it doesn't quite apply, because superhero martial artists face-off against all kinds of weird foes, my experience with martial arts is that it prepares you to fight against humans considerably better than to defend against animals.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Skaramine wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 7:41 am Dude, I am so in love with the sensory set you gave King Shark. And dude has points leftover for some extra Intellect and further skills. Maybe even Strength to Namor levels for my OC Requin.
That's a great thing about jobbers, they're usually so low in point cost that you can pump them up to cost to make good characters :).
Jabroniville wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 9:15 am Thanks! All those weird Animal Senses come from my set of "Animal Builds" (check the front page), where I statted out most of the recognizable members of the animal kingdom. It's a set that's proven really popular in my thread in the past, and even people who didn't care for it (as it has little to do with comics) have since come back and told me that it was surprisingly useful, as there's actually a lot of things in an RPG or comic book that require animal stats. Giant birds, animal mounts, dinosaurs, etc.

And I never realized when I started it how many times I'd need all that stuff- But countless times I've gone to stat up an Animal Guy, only to realize that I did all the legwork way back when, and need only translate Lateral Lines, Canine Senses, Electrolocation or whatever onto a superhero or villain, because they're animal-themed :).
You're animal builds are still one of my favorite build sets in general. It helps that I used to watch tons of animal/nature shows as a kid and would read any book or magazine I found dealing with animals.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Catman

Post by Jabroniville »

I just want to state, for the record, that I am 100% NOT gay for Catman, do you hear me!?!

One-Hundred Percent!

CATMAN (Thomas Reese Blake)
Created By:
Bill Finger & Jim Mooney
First Appearance: Detective Comics #311 (Jan. 1963)
Role: Joke Villain-Turned-Elite Criminal
Group Affiliations: The Secret Six
PL 10 (168)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+11)
Athletics 10 (+14)
Deception 1 (+5)
Expertise (Survival) 10 (+14)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+6)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 8 (+12)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Catarang) 2 (+12)
Sleight of Hand 3 (+8)
Stealth 7 (+13)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment 3 (Cat's Claws, Survival Gear), Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Claws) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Languages (A Few), Last Stand (Ignores All Damage for 1 Round w/ HP Spent), Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5, Takedown 2, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Trained Senses" Senses 1 (Extended Scent) [1]

Equipment:
"Cat's Claws" Strength-Damage +1 (Split) (2)
"Climb With Claws" Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling 1) (2)
"Catarang" Blast 4 (Feats: Homing, Ricochet 2) (11)

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Cat's Claws +14 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +8

Complications:
Relationship (Thomas Jr.- Son)- Thomas Jr. is being raised elsewhere, and is the son of Catman and Cheshire. Threats against Junior's life worry Thomas terribly.

Total: Abilities: 88 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 34 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 13 (168)

-If anyone ever doubts Gail Simone's capability as a writer (and she's certainly written some mediocre piffle in her day, don't get me wrong), all you ever need to do is direct them to what became of Thomas Blake- the Catman. Initially a goober of a bad guy turned into a pathetic joke, Gail & Dale Eaglesham teamed up and made it their mission to MAKE this guy. And so, with a handful of Villains United issues, the pair upgraded him in physicality, gave him a bad-ass new persona (WITHOUT altering his past, which you rarely see), and turned him into a great villain. They did SUCH a good job that if you describe a loser villain as "Being Catmanned", every single comics fan should immediately guess what you mean.

-Thomas Blake was originally a wealthy hunter who turned to crime out of boredom- he became the "Catman" (despite Batman already having a "Catwoman"- making him one of the few characters to take inspiration from a FEMALE adventurer and becoming a Spear Counterpart instead of a Distaff one). Like most '50s-era Bat-Baddies, Catman would often steal stuff with a "gimmick", like cat statues or "cat's eyes" emeralds. He used claw-tipped gloves and... oh jesus... a "catarang" as well.

-Catman fights Batwoman a bit, and even saves her life once, but ultimately turns himself in after she reduces his costume (which is made of ancient African cloth that gives him "Nine Lives") to a single life. The villain was thus removed from comics before even BATWOMAN was, so he eventually became a forgotten relic of a bygone era- the "Silly Batman" stories that gave way for Neal Adams' darker turn on the book.

-It wasn't until 1992 that the character returned, as a member of Killer Moth's "Misfits" group- third-rate villains that were attempting to prove themselves. Only a couple of appearances came his way until Brad Meltzer (future writer of Identity Crisis) gave him the ultimate insult- making him a pathetic, overweight loser who was easily defeated by Green Arrow. This true turn as a Jobber Villain seemed to mark him as a Shocker-like goof forever.

-However, only a couple of years later, Catman was revolutionized in Villains United, where he refuses Deathstroke & Talia's call to join Lex Luthor's Secret Society. Of course, because it's Gail Simone, we have to endure a bit of dialogue where they're all "It is SO CLEAR that you have had a great transformation, and are no longer the loser you once were!", but then... and here's the kicker to Gail and any other writer who pulls that... they SHOW HIS IMPROVEMENT AS WELL.

-It turns out that Blake decided to make a change in his life, and redoubled his training and began living with a pride of lions. Sporting an intensity, a soulful outlook (he grappled a male lion, who "marked him" with his claws), and a muscular physique that led Huntress to later refer to him as "Brad Pitt's hotter brother", Catman joined the Secret Six when he thought the Society had executed his pride for refusing the call to join them. He had an affair with Cheshire, who would use her pregnancy by him to control his behavior when she betrayed the team, and fought with Deadshot when it turned out that HE had killed the lions (to get Catman to join the Six). Eventually, amends were made. And best of all... Catman's push didn't come at the expense of other characters- Gail didn't just have him wipe out Lady Shiva, Batman and others to "prove" how bad-ass he was. Most of the time, he took out idiots like Captain Nazi or general Mooks- nobody worth caring about.

-Catman's bad-ass rep is made with stuff like fighting Monsieur Mallah (a gorilla), blinding Captain Nazi with his claws, and rescuing the Six from Luthor's prime torturers. In the end, he "levels up" to the point where he can brawl with Batman or Bronze Tiger and not immediately get KO'd- his battle with the Tiger ends with him passing out from the extended punishment... but Catman takes his adversary out at the last second with his OWN attack- a surprise bite to the shoulder that causes major blood loss.

THE CAT-MAN (Thomas Reese Blake)- Old Version
Created By:
Bill Finger & Jim Mooney
First Appearance: Detective Comics #311 (Jan. 1963)
Role: Joke Villain
PL 7 (99)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+10)
Athletics 6 (+9)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+3)
Perception 4 (+5)
Sleight of Hand 1 (+6)
Stealth 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Cat's Claws, Survival Gear), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Claws), Languages (A Few), Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Trained Senses" Senses 1 (Extended Scent) [1]

Equipment:
"Cat's Claws" Strength-Damage +1 (Split) (2)
"Climb With Claws" Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling 1) (2)
"Catarang" Blast 4 (Feats: Homing, Ricochet 2) (11)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Cat's Claws +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 12 (99)

-The earlier Catman is a wimp, but not ENTIRELY pathetic- PL 7 won't take out anybody good, but he can make do. In the Silver Age, he's likely to use big cats as minions (for a while, he had a pet Tiger), and possibly some outlandish gadgets.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shock

Re: Jab's Builds! (Rag Doll! Scandal! Knockout! King Shark! Catman!)

Post by Shock »

Villain's United and Secret Six are currently on sale on Comixology. I'm risking 6 whole bucks on your reviews here ;}
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 9:15 am Thanks! All those weird Animal Senses come from my set of "Animal Builds" (check the front page), where I statted out most of the recognizable members of the animal kingdom. It's a set that's proven really popular in my thread in the past, and even people who didn't care for it (as it has little to do with comics) have since come back and told me that it was surprisingly useful, as there's actually a lot of things in an RPG or comic book that require animal stats. Giant birds, animal mounts, dinosaurs, etc.

I came up with Requin out of almost whole cloth, Shark Week in about 2008 or so, after seeds planted from Rifts Underseas and their list of Shark Senses. But it was only the flippin' dolphins, the bullies of the ocean, who got the humanization in that book. Meh.

Then again, I made heroes out of dragons, the Phantom of the Opera, and a nine foot tall orc lady. Of course my heart's gonna side with the weresharks.

(I was so tempted to buy that whole Build a Figure line to get King Shark.)
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Jabroniville

The Fiddler

Post by Jabroniville »

THE FIDDLER (Isaac Bowin)
Created By:
Robert Kanigher & Lee Elias
First Appearance: All-Flash #32 (Jan. 1948)
Role: Goofy Villain
Group Affiliations: The Secret Six, The Injustice Society
PL 10 (112)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+3)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+6)
Expertise (Music) 7 (+10)
Insight 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+5)
Stealth 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Fiddler-Themed Guns & Knives), Evasion, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Fakir-Taught Magical Musical Instrument Powers"
"Hypnotic Music" Affliction 10 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Area- Visual Perception, Selective, Action) (Flaws: Source- Musical Instrument) (Noticeable- Music Playing -1) (29) -- [31]
  • AE: Blast 8 (Flaws: Source- Musical Instrument) (8)
  • AE: Force Field 8 (Extras: Impervious) (Flaws: Source- Musical Insturment) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Fiddler-Knife +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Fiddler-Gun +8 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Hypnosis +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Enemy (The Golden Age Flash)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 31 / Defenses: 11 (112)

-The Fiddler is a perfect example of those outlandish Golden Age villains that DC seems to have a lot of, while Marvel has very few. He was a thief who was arrested in India, and befriended a "fakir" snake-charmer, gaining the mystical powers of Indian music. He mastered the skills and escaped after five years, killing his own mentor in the process, then becoming a criminal in the States. He became a recurring Flash foe, joining the second incarnation of the Injustice Society. He was in the first first "Earth 1 & 2 Cross-Over" story, aiding some other baddies against the Flashes of two Earths, and then was part of the Injustice Society against the JSA & JLA. Post-Crisis, he, the Thinker and the Shade allied to remove Keystone City from the memories of the people of Earth, doing so for years.

-He was killed in the Hawkworld series, it having been revealed that the original fakir who trained him was actually a demon. He quickly reappeared as part of Neron's supervillain army. His final appearance as a living character was in the first issue of Villains United, where for unknown reasons he had refused to join the Secret Society, and was instead a member of the Secret Six- ultimately, their mysterious leader Mockingbird order the Fiddler killed for screwing up their mission against the Hive- Deadshot carried out the execution, insulting him for calling himself "The Fiddler" when he had a "genuine Strad" (Stradivarius, aka the only kind of violin anyone in the world knows, because it's apparently the best). A woman named Virtuoso appears wielding the same violin (though that's not the reason he can do magic stuff, so maybe it's a theme thing with her), but she never showed up again. Despite a similar-looking dude popping up in the background one time, he's been confirmed as dead.

-The Fiddler is a goof and not that combat-capable, but his Hypnosis power is good enough to routintely brainwash super-heroes, which, as I've pointed out many times before, is rather difficult to pull off in M&M stats. So he's at least PL 10.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
scc

Re: Knockout

Post by scc »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 1:06 am Image

... F*ck I hate Superboy.

KNOCKOUT 
Created By:
Karl Kesel & Tom Grummett
First Appearance: Superboy #1 (Feb. 1994)
Role: Tough Chick, Hot Amazon
Group Affiliations: The Female Furies, The Secret Six, The Suicide Squad
PL 10 (116)
STRENGTH
13 STAMINA 13 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Apokoliptican Soldier) 4 (+6)
Deception 5 (+7)
Insight 2 (+2)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Technology 5 (+7)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown

Powers:
Regeneration 2 [2]
Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +13, Fortitude +12, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Scandal Savage)- Knockout seems deeply in love with her "poppet" (UGH).
Enemy (Superboy)- Back in the day, she was a rival/flirt with the teen hero. They eventually stop interacting entirely.

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 9 (116)

-So with the brand-new Superboy series a thing, they needed some bad guys- first off, they threw in Knockout, playing up the "strong chick/flirt" thing that some guys are into (WEIRDOS). Pretty clear "male fantasy" stuff, especially considering Superboy (then sporting the STUPIDEST "clothes as costume" look in the history of comics) was also macking on that Tana chick the entire time. Christ, Knockout was even a STRIPPER. She popped up on the Suicide Squad in Superboy as well, and returned after being betrayed by them and left for dead. This led to a bit where she was a friendlier character on the book, even helping the hero out from time to time.

-Ultimately, she faked her death when her old group (apparently the Female Furies) came to bring her back to Apokolips. While this failed, her truly villainous side was revealed, and Superboy defeated her one last time- she does not escape custody for the duration of the series. It isn't until Villains United that the character returns, being revealed as the lesbian lover of Scandal Savage, and a mole for the Six. They continue on in another series (one that I'd never read; never having heard of it, despite enjoying VU), eventually becoming "exclusive" after a hiccup (she bangs Deadshot, not knowing that human relationships are typically one-on-one). Unfortunately, she is killed off by Infinity-Man, who was offing most of the New Gods during that forgotten storyline.

-Knockout's death ends up becoming a HUGE deal, as it informs much of Scandal's later character (yes, ironically, GAIL SIMONE stuffed a woman into the refrigerator and reflected it in the survivor), and a huge part of The Secret Six- Scandal eventually manages to resurrect her lover, engaging in a triple-relationship with a hot stripper that the team once paid to dress like Knockout to make Scandal feel better. Because comics.

-Honestly, Knockout was either off-panel or dead the entire time I was reading about her, so I have no real attachment to the character other than what she meant to Scandal. And her calling Scandal "poppet" got annoying- that is weirdly unnatural dialogue (who SAYS THAT?).

-I really have no earthly idea how powerful Knockout is supposed to be. Superboy never seemed that tough back in the day, and he's clearly WAY below Superman, and so his own personal rival is probably of a similar level. I'm going with PL 10- Standard Powerhouse class. Especially since she seems to job out a lot in the comics- seemingly biting off more than she can chew in many fights.
I hate Superboy too. I know Knockout is suppose to be stronger than Superboy. And what no attractive? She was a major flirt in Superboy comics.
KorokoMystia

Re: The Fiddler

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 1:20 am Image

THE FIDDLER (Isaac Bowin)
Created By:
Robert Kanigher & Lee Elias
First Appearance: All-Flash #32 (Jan. 1948)
Role: Goofy Villain
Group Affiliations: The Secret Six, The Injustice Society
PL 10 (112)

Hah, The Fiddler..Builds of goofy-ass villains like these are always my favourites.
Jabroniville

Jeanette

Post by Jabroniville »

JEANETTE 
Created By:
Gail Simone & Nicola Scott
First Appearance: Secret Six #3 (Jan. 2009)
Role: Mystery Girl
PL 10 (150)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 2 (+6, +8 Attractive)
Expertise (History) 6 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+3)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+7)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 2 (+6, +8 Attractive)
Stealth 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Attractive, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 1, Startle

Powers:
"Ageless" Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
"Death Sense" Senses 4 (Precognition) (Flaws: Limited to Impending Death) [2]
"Banshee's Wail" Affliction 10 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Area- Hearing Perception, Selective) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Weaken Stamina 8 (Extras: Area- Hearing Perception) [36]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Wail +10 Area (+10 Affliction & +8 Weaken, DC 20 & 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +7

Complications:
Relationship (Deadshot)

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 12 (150)

-Jeannette was a new creation for the Secret Six book, adding another female character to the squad that now lacked a Parademon. There was a HUGE amount of mystery surrounding her, and I'd bet money that the female creative team on the book just wanted to include someone who wore bad-ass Victorian Era clothing and had Goth-powers :). Her origin was eventually given- she was born into a family of "impoverished nobility", and made to serve the Countess Bathory (the infamous child-murderer who is said to have bathed in the blood of her victims to give herself eternal youth)- meant to be the final victim (and having been forced to watch all of the other murders), Jeannette was made the Countess's caretaker once she was captured, and slowly poisoned the woman with ground glass being put into her food (hey- that's how O'Reilly & Adebisi killed Shibetta on OZ!).

-She later married a wealthy socialite, but they were caught up in the French Revolution and executed- her pain and agony led the Banshee to her, and she became an ageless powerhouse. She eventually joined the Secret Six, having had a past friendship with Scandal Savage- she kind of acts as an aloof "separate party", engaging in an affair with Deadshot and kind of observing the rest of the group. Eventually it was revealed that she looks just like the Silver Banshee in a powered-up form, but is a different character. Honestly... I don't remember a lot about her. She was so "above" everything that she seemed to be there just to wear clothes that Nicola Scott liked to draw- I barely remember any character traits aside from a penchant for high-class snark.

-Jeannette was very strong and a solid fighter, but her most powerful ability was her Banshee Wail, which could render people comatose, or just plain kill them. Her combat skills are typically PL 9, but her Wail is a solid, if Distracting, PL 10.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Knockout

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 2:54 am
I hate Superboy too. I know Knockout is suppose to be stronger than Superboy. And what no attractive? She was a major flirt in Superboy comics.
PERMABA-- I mean, I don't know. She never used it in Secret Six, but her character type seemed focused on it in Superboy. But then, it's SUPERBOY- dude was basically like Archie Andrews in that book- every woman who wasn't obese might as well have had a rank of it when he was around. Did she actually use it AND have it work towards her goals, or was she just the type who flirts and that's all?