Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Crimson Viper! Gouken! Abel! Seth!)

Post by Jabroniville »

It never ceases to amaze me, by the way, how much more work it is "re-posting" somebody that I already statted up before. Probably because I have to look up their information AGAIN, and then re-go through their moves because I do them differently now (back before, I listed almost all of their moves as the same general Damage-boosting thing). Because seriously, I statted up some of the SF V crew, and I swear they either took LESS time, or the same amount of time to finish! And for the "re-posts", I didn't even touch their Skills & Advantages for the most part! I thought I was being lazy! And it STILL took me a ton of time per-guy!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Rhonda Rousey's long undefeated reign was ended with a kick to the head.

I find that in fencing, wargaming, or any sort of intense competition, suddenly shifting to a "worse" option for the situation you are in can work out quite well. Your opponent is assuming you will use the "optimum" technique, so using a "worse" option can get inside their OODA loop.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote:Rhonda Rousey's long undefeated reign was ended with a kick to the head.

I find that in fencing, wargaming, or any sort of intense competition, suddenly shifting to a "worse" option for the situation you are in can work out quite well. Your opponent is assuming you will use the "optimum" technique, so using a "worse" option can get inside their OODA loop.
Yeah, that's probably what Stalker was thinking in that one G.I. Joe: Special Missions issue where he leads a team with a new recruit through things. They have to make out a spot to ambush the numerically-superior enemy forces, and find the PERFECT one. Stalker of course says "no", because "the enemy has read the same handbook we did", and will of course EXPECT an ambush to come from that very spot. "We can do better", and so they choose a sub-optimal location to make it a bigger surprise.

Of course, the whole thing goes sideways anyhow, because their intel was crap and their sentry fell asleep (lesson learned: Don't close your eyes while on sentry duty, even for a second), and they barely escape with their lives... but they made it, so they count it as a win.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Batgirl III wrote:Rhonda Rousey's long undefeated reign was ended with a kick to the head.

This is one of the reasons I'm dusting off the old TKD skills and figuring out how I can re-integrate them into my current, more boxing-based system. Some things don't fit and are really more for a point sparring sport, but there's a lot of attacks in TKD that have disgusting power. You just have to be able to devise a practical setup, which isn't all that hard if you give it a chance. The fact that hardly anyone practices to defend against them on a practical or competitive level is a sweet, sweet cherry on top.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

BriarThrone wrote:

This is one of the reasons I'm dusting off the old TKD skills and figuring out how I can re-integrate them into my current, more boxing-based system. Some things don't fit and are really more for a point sparring sport, but there's a lot of attacks in TKD that have disgusting power. You just have to be able to devise a practical setup, which isn't all that hard if you give it a chance. The fact that hardly anyone practices to defend against them on a practical or competitive level is a sweet, sweet cherry on top.
Yeah, I was gonna comment on this sort of thing when I got to Juri Han (SF's only Taekwondo expert), but the style has gotten such a bad rap thanks to "McDojo Syndrome" (ie. handing out too many black belts to unprepared fighters) and a lot of other fighters discounting it (an old friend of mine was a pretty good fighter, and joked that "you only have to look at their legs, because they never punch"), that martial arts is practically BEGGING for someone to actually utilize the "unused" stuff and start whupping ass, because nobody will be expecting it. If they can merge TKD with the other, more "practical" arts, they can really have something.

I think I read this once before when looking up TKD: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105346

Plus, it can start "Style Fights" online, which will happen EVERYWHERE. I remember statting up the Dog family in my thread, and then finding websites where people argued back and forth, ad nauseum, about which "Fighting Dogs" were the greatest. Naturally, every single poster named "the kind I like/own", and used specialized terminology to define different times ("Game Pit" was the common one for Pit Bulls), and naturally the "best" breeds were always the most-obscure one that nobody's ever heard of. The fact that music forums, fighting forums, sword forums and dog forums are all EXACTLY THE FREAKING SAME, and do the exact same stuff, is a constant source of amusement for me.

Naturally, the whole thing comes down to "Which Fighter Is Better", because the fighter defines things much more than his "style" ever could. Too much comes down to individuality (you can't teach reach, "chin", mental toughness or natural speed the way you can with techniques).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Jabroniville wrote:Yeah, I was gonna comment on this sort of thing when I got to Juri Han (SF's only Taekwondo expert), but the style has gotten such a bad rap thanks to "McDojo Syndrome" (ie. handing out too many black belts to unprepared fighters) and a lot of other fighters discounting it (an old friend of mine was a pretty good fighter, and joked that "you only have to look at their legs, because they never punch"), that martial arts is practically BEGGING for someone to actually utilize the "unused" stuff and start whupping ass, because nobody will be expecting it. If they can merge TKD with the other, more "practical" arts, they can really have something.
TKD isn't really an "ideal" style for this, exactly. The reason Muay Thai became the most prominent MMA striking style isn't because it's THE BEST STRIKING STYLE IN THE WORLD, OMG, the way the announcers would have it, but because it's simple enough yet comprehensive enough that you can become a fairly capable striker in a remarkably short amount of training time. TKD, on the other hand, requires more training investment, for a lot less payoff. I mean, a LOT less. If you're looking for styles to mine unexpected yet effective techniques from, I could probably list five more useful ones without effort.

On the other hand, TKD is a very common style, and schools that teach it are still even more common than Muay Thai/BJJ. If you already have 3-5 years of experience in it before moving on to something more practical, well, don't forget the tools that are already in your toolbox.
Jabroniville

Oni

Post by Jabroniville »

ONI (aka Akuma, Gouki)
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Super Street Fighter IV (2010)
Game Appearances: Super & Ultra Street Fighter IV
Home Country: Japan
Role: Secret Boss, Head-Swap (of Ken & Ryu), Super-Boss, Evil Mirror Image Villain, Ultimate Form Villain
Vague Martial Art Basis: Karate (Kyokushinkai-style) & Judo
PL 12 (230)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 10 (+14)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 7 (+17)
Deception 6 (+8)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 13 (+15)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 12 (+14)
Perception 10 (+13)
Ranged Combat (Ki Blasts) 6 (+16)
Sleight of Hand 2 (+4)
Stealth 6 (+12)

Advantages:
Asssesment, Chokehold, Cunning Fighter (Uses Attack to Feint), Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Defensive Strike, Defensive Throw, Diehard, Evasion 2, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Ki Attacks) 3, Improved Critical (Shoryukens) 3, Improved Critical (Hurricane Kick) 3, Improved Initiative 2, Last Stand, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Ranged Attack 8, Startle, Takedown (total 2), Taunt, Trance, Uncanny Dodge

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 4, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Martial Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Ki Floating" Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]

"Super Moves"
"Tenma Go Zanku" Blast 10 (Extras: Multiattack) (Flaws: Tiring) (Inaccurate -1) (19) -- [29]
  • AE: "Instant Hell Murder" Strength-Damage +6 (Extras: Multiattack 11) (Flaws: Tiring) (Inaccurate -3) Linked to Weaken Stamina 11 (Inaccurate -3) (12.5)
  • AE: "Murderous Strong Surge" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Tiring) (12)
  • AE: "Kongou Kokuretsu Zan" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Tiring) (12)
  • AE: "Murderous Strong Rising Dragon" Strength-Damage +4 (Extras: Multiattack 9) (Flaws: Tiring) (Inaccurate -2) (4.5)
    "Special Moves"
  • AE: "Gohadoken!- Strong Surge Fist" Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (17)
  • AE: "Shakunetsu Hadoken" Blast 8 (Extras: Secondary Effect 5) (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (17)
  • AE: "Goshoryuken!" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Hurricane Scythe Kick" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 5) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliction 5 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (7.5)
  • AE: "Hyakkishu" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit If Successfully Feinted Last Round) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Ashura Senku" Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Velocity & Direction) (6)
Offense:
Unarmed +17 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Go Shoryuken +15 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Zanku Hadoken +16 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Hurricane Scythe Kick +17 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Rising Dragon +15 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Murderous Strong Surge +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Tenma Go Zanku +14 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Instant Hell Murder +11 (+13 Damage & +11 Weaken, DC 28 & 21)
Initiative +14

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +5 (+7 D.Roll), Fortitude +12, Will +11

Complications:
Motivation (Killing Powerful Opponents)- Akuma's greatest desire is to perfect himself through mortal combat against powerful opponents- he seeks out only the strongest, and wants to bring out the power in others. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!% out of people.
Responsibility (Honour)- Despite being blatantly evil, Akuma has a f***** up moral code. He will not combat weak opponents, nor seek out many adversaries. He refused to finish off Gen upon realizing he was sick and dying. However, if you interrupt his training while he's blasting away at stuff, you just might get hit by an unintentional energy blast. Just saying.
Weakness (Predictability)- Akuma, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 84--42 / Advantages: 39 + 16 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 29 (230)

-Oni is another version of Akuma, upgraded into a more-damaging warrior for Super SF IV. Story-wise, he is a form of Akuma who has completely lost himself to the "Dark Hado" power that has usually threatened to overwhelm Ryu. An Oni, of course, is a demon-like monster from Japanese mythology, associated with lightning and troublemaking (Lum from Urusei Yatsura, an anime icon of the early '80s, was deliberately made to resemble them). Oni "floats" around instead of walks, has less "recovery time" than other fighters, and Akuma's prayer beads actually float around him instead of sit around his neck like they did with Akuma.
Razzputin

Re: Jab's Builds! (C. Viper! Gouken! Abel! Seth! El Fuerte!)

Post by Razzputin »

Ah, here you are glad I found you Jab. After your kind comments and interesting retrospective I will try to comment more. I lurk by nature. P.S. Yeah I saw that I was the last one to post on one of your threads. I felt guilty about that actually, thought there were more regular posters who should have got the honor.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

hah- it's more of an interesting note when someone gets the "Final Comment". Stuff happens, and I was on vacation when the switchover happened, so it was inevitable that my thread wouldn't have a "regular commenter" as the final poster, nor would my thread be that high up on the page :).
proditor

Post by proditor »

BriarThrone wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:Yeah, I was gonna comment on this sort of thing when I got to Juri Han (SF's only Taekwondo expert), but the style has gotten such a bad rap thanks to "McDojo Syndrome" (ie. handing out too many black belts to unprepared fighters) and a lot of other fighters discounting it (an old friend of mine was a pretty good fighter, and joked that "you only have to look at their legs, because they never punch"), that martial arts is practically BEGGING for someone to actually utilize the "unused" stuff and start whupping ass, because nobody will be expecting it. If they can merge TKD with the other, more "practical" arts, they can really have something.
TKD isn't really an "ideal" style for this, exactly. The reason Muay Thai became the most prominent MMA striking style isn't because it's THE BEST STRIKING STYLE IN THE WORLD, OMG, the way the announcers would have it, but because it's simple enough yet comprehensive enough that you can become a fairly capable striker in a remarkably short amount of training time. TKD, on the other hand, requires more training investment, for a lot less payoff. I mean, a LOT less. If you're looking for styles to mine unexpected yet effective techniques from, I could probably list five more useful ones without effort.

On the other hand, TKD is a very common style, and schools that teach it are still even more common than Muay Thai/BJJ. If you already have 3-5 years of experience in it before moving on to something more practical, well, don't forget the tools that are already in your toolbox.
I found pretty much the same thing with Krav Maga. I mean, that's it's stated purpose; allow an 80 year old granny to tee off on some terrorist's Daddy bits, but it does that well. I've been a dilettante martial artist most of my life, and I had this weird obsession with finding more and more esoteric ones. So I started with Kendo, then TKD, then took a little Jujitsu, then Goju-Ryu, and then a really long break cuz money, and then went for the most esoteric one on my list: Savate. No joke, found the one Mid-Atlantic teacher, and he was AWESOME. Drifted to Aikido, then finally, Krav.

Mind you, I'm not really any good at any of them, but I enjoy myself, and I've been able to see that something O-Sensei Ueshiba Morihei said was very true, though I'm truncating and paraphrasing it: All martial arts are trying to climb the same hill, they just take different paths. In Krav, I see a lot of Aikido/Jujitsu, and a ton of striking that's been simplified down to make it quicker to absorb and put into practice. The Krav round kick is remarkably similar to the Savate fouette, but the latter has less specific targeting, and requires a bit more finesse. Also, those little ballpeen hammer shoes hurt like a mother. ;)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Regarding Kung Fu in MMA, I saw an excellent article about it about half a year ago that I unfortunately cannot locate now. They felt that a large amount it was cultural, ranging from a hesitance to question ancient wisdom to biases against direct competition to competition fighting being seen as a lowly job done by people who aren't qualified to so anything else.

Tae Kwan Do has partly been hampered by its strong tournament scene with its rules that create some very ridiculous tactics. Everyone remember when the Olympic TKD fighters were kicking and then intentionally falling down? The rules forbade striking opponents on the ground, and someone hit had a small window in which to make a counter-strike, so if you fall over after kicking, they have no way of scoring the counter-point. Boxing has had its own issues there, people trying to make the transition to MMA or kickboxing and finding that when they go into a clinch, the other guy just pummels their kidneys.

While it doesn't work by itself, I'm always amused at how much Capoeira, the "dance fight", has been making strides in MMA. The combination of some very powerful kicks and their tendency to come out of nowhere makes for some very impressive knockout blows.

One last note, while most of his work has been on Tekken, if you're ever curious about the feasibility of real people doing fighting game moves, I highly recommend Eric Jacobus's work. Also well worth watching, his Kicktionary, which was what inspired him to start doing the move lists.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

proditor wrote:I found pretty much the same thing with Krav Maga. I mean, that's it's stated purpose; allow an 80 year old granny to tee off on some terrorist's Daddy bits, but it does that well. I've been a dilettante martial artist most of my life, and I had this weird obsession with finding more and more esoteric ones. So I started with Kendo, then TKD, then took a little Jujitsu, then Goju-Ryu, and then a really long break cuz money, and then went for the most esoteric one on my list: Savate. No joke, found the one Mid-Atlantic teacher, and he was AWESOME. Drifted to Aikido, then finally, Krav.
The thing with Krav Maga is that it's a modern battlefield style - that is, primarily a method of murdering enemies who are, by and large, not going to be skilled martial artists. This does not translate well to the relatively-friendly and rules-protected environment of a ring or cage. It's not supposed to. It's supposed to quickly and efficiently train people from "innocent civilian victim" to "able to kill three attackers." As you might imagine, the list of techniques you're not supposed to do in MMA reads like something of a shopping list to them.

That's also the reason American Muay Thai - and by extension, the American martial arts scene -is considered a joke in the international martial arts world. Muay Thai itself is already toned down from a battlefield art with a deep stance for serious power to a competition art with a stance designed more for endurance, agility, and still decent power, but in Thailand, it's still a seriously brutal competition and a matter of national pride, so they still train in a lot of the more brutal techniques that would never fly in the US. Partly because our competitive structure wouldn't allow it, and partly because any school that taught that way in the US could never get the insurance it needed to operate. Therefore, we get the watered-down version.

"Kung fu" is such a broad category that it's effectively meaningless to discuss in this way. Thousands of styles for all different applications. Some of them are not even meant for combat application, and are just for flash and show. On the other hand, watching some of them in use would give your standard American MMA practitioner PTSD. You won't find the really experienced guys fighting for a relative pittance for Dana White. If you're really good at some form of kung fu, you've got a lucrative job waiting for you somewhere in China. I love looting Chinese techniques. Not only are they virtually unknown in America, integrating them tends to elevate your entire system.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The HEMA community is constantly stymied by the whole "it's rather rude to kill your sparring partner" problem too. :D

European martial arts were mostly all phased out and replaced by sports very loosely based on them centuries ago. Many Asian martial arts have become more focused on esoteric meditative goals or showy acrobatic aesthetics... But at least they still have a living connection to past practices.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Jabroniville wrote:Strategy and style change over time- this is what leads to things like "Well BJJ is the best" when you see the practitioners doing so well, until suddenly it's NOT the best, because people start picking apart the weaknesses of the style. It's basically a human game of chess (trademark Larry Zbyszko)- an ever-evolving system where people learn stuff, then the stuff to counter THAT stuff, and then some other things screw up THAT stuff.

In the early days of UFC, it seemed like BJJ was the ultimate style, because it allowed a skinny guy like Royce Gracie to defeat much larger opponents. The problem was, people realized that a modicum of BJJ training (or wrestling, which can counter the "Jitz" stuff as well) allowed you to avoid all of those deadly chokes and armholds, at which point you could simply pound a BJJ specialist into submission. And then suddenly the Big Muscular Guys that looked so weak against Gracie in earlier UFCs were doing amazingly well.

Nowadays, the UFC is dominated by three styles- Wrestling (for takedowns & submission defense), Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (for fight-ending chokes and holds) and Muay Thai Kickboxing (for knockout power). Focusing on any one over the others is inevitable for most, but also gives a fighter a weak point that can be exploited. This triad also leads to "exploits" when somebody comes in with a less-standard style- Karate and other striking arts are often disregarded and ignored by MMA specialists, which makes the sudden arrival of a karateka on Machida's level quite a learning curve for other fighters. I myself have often wondered how styles like Kung Fu, virtually unheard-of in MMA, could be modified. Because as much as UFC/MMA has done to "humanize" the martial arts, and reveal the more esoteric stuff to be not as worthy of the hype... somebody who specializes in that can be dangerous.

It's like how Boxing is generally viewed as a weak style because of its limitation towards just punching. The problem is, nobody who's a high level boxer has ever competed in the UFC- just washed-up guys and scrubs. Fighting Historians who know better have actually drooled at the idea of a Mike Tyson or even a Lennox Lewis taking some rudimentary Takedown Defense classes and bringing the high-level punching power of a pro boxer into MMA. In fact, one of the recent Heavyweight Champs there had some quality boxing skills, and it helped him win- too many UFC guys were focusing entirely on simple combos that went left-right-left, and this guy was pulling out unpredictable left-left-right combinations, and that was murdering guys who couldn't deal with it.

---

Similar things go with the "bad" techniques, like Head Kicks, which most martial arts books will tell you are a bad idea- they throw you off-balance, leave you open and defenseless, and are easy to dodge. So of course a good strategy is the sudden use of a Head Kick, simply because an opponent won't be expecting it! Military strategy, football strategy, etc... they all operate under things like that, where an unexpected "bad choice" can be the PERFECT one for any given situation.

---

Alot of the "Best Style" stuff also has to take into account that MMA is a SPORT, and even in the early days, UFC had rules & regulations, thus making it QUITE dissimilar from a streetfight. Eye gouges and biting weren't allowed... and they sure as hell would be used in a real fight (in fact, police officers often wear "bite gloves" for that very reason, and a TON of fight-related injuries involve human teeth meeting flesh). Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do school involved a lot of crotch-shots, which UFC soon banned. They also banned HEADBUTTS, which used to allow a few guys to gain an advantage just by rushing their opponents head-first.

Never mind that the "Takedown" styles would be dangerous on the streets, because going to the ground when the opponent could have FRIENDS nearby is a dangerous move.

And even the best martial artists were just like "never challenge someone who has a weapon". In real life, unarmed men don't do well against armed attackers.
I used to love the mixed martial arts competitions back in the early days because it was exactly that, mixed styles, to me as a spectator it was far more interesting than the modern MMA where for the most part 'MMA' has become a style of it's own. The worst thing about the success of MMA in my opinion is the outright denial of any traditional martial style that hasn't featured in the sport. I've had a passing interest in styles such as Aikido for years (Though I live in an area where it wasn't possible for me to attend any classes) the outright hatred and bile the style get's on sites such as YouTube is unbelievable.
I do believe that luck plays a huge role in a combat situation, you can be the 'best' fighter in the world and still get dropped on occasion by a lucky shot from a less skilled opponent. I remember watching a fight years ago between one of the Gracie's and some random Russian fighter (I think he was a Sambo practitioner) the Russian won the fight by a combination of stamina, being able to take a beating and then taking a chance when the Brazilian made a mistake.
I was always a fan of Jackie Chan when was a kid, but even back then I understood the difference between real fight training and the theatre school martial arts that he and the other stars of Hong Kong cinema used. There was a TV show where a British guy who had trained in a style of Kung Fu travelled to various countries to learn the history of different martial arts styles. He visited the Shaolin temples that teach Kung-Fu, many young men go there to learn fighting so they can go on to get close protection jobs for Chinese VIP's. He was surprised when he found loads of them around the back of one of the buildings training in western boxing, when he asked why they told him that what they were learning at the temples wasn't effective in the short term but with boxing they were actually learning how to fight. Several stated they were just at the temples because having that on their CV's would help them get employment. Having said that when then host had a friendly sparring match with an experienced Muay Thai fighter he managed to 'win' using traditional Kung Fu techniques.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
RUSCHE

Re: Jab's Builds!

Post by RUSCHE »

Jabroniville wrote:And that's it! My Full Archives & Design Diaries posted! Welcome to the all-new Jab's Builds!!

I started a thread of builds for the first time in late 2006 (wow- TEN YEARS AGO at this point!), after getting interested in it by Kreuzritter, a guy from my old writing community. As I was always into statting Marvel SAGA builds, I was a natural for being interested in this kind of thing.

In the early days, my thread was super-unpopular, as I was a newbie, posted NO images for any of my builds, and was statting up generally random people. Fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants stuff, where I would stat a few Archie characters, then some Sailor Moon characters, then a Godzilla build, then some other random thing. Kreuzritter suggested I might become "The Nineties Guy" by statting up X-Cutioner's Song builds.

Eventually, I got burned out be repetitive builds (RIGHT? So weird given where we are now!) and left for four months. I returned... and left again for a few months, still burned out. But THEN I came back, and suddenly I was posting all the time, and never stopped!

Four years after I started, M&M 2nd Edition begat 3rd Edition, and I made an all-new thread. Four years after THAT, I was a big part of "Roll Call", had tons of great commenters, and all was well.

When Green Ronin dropped their forums for a "better" model (which wasn't really "better", as you had either 10 or 20 posts per page, a weird way of Editing that left a HUGE gap between your post and the "Edited by" line, and a Front Page Bug that wouldn't let you post for some bizarre reason), I moved over to Ronin Army. Two and a half years later, some flaming & harassment from a moderator, an unfair Permaban, followed by a "cover-up" to ensure that they were made to look better, and then a lecture from GR management about how "trolling & harassment" had caused this... ruined everything. Thankfully, several posters actually SAW what happened, so me and the other people (most of whom had been banned for complaining about the permaban) gathered together and founded this new site, run by my pal Ares!
This is awesome. I am so glad Ares has set this up. I cannot wait to see all the builds you. Thorp and Bg3 have in store.