Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

White Tiger (Ava)

Post by Jabroniville »

WHITE TIGER V (Ava Ayala)
Created By:
Christos Gage & Tom Raney
First Appearance: Avengers Academy #20 (Dec. 2011)
Role: Martial Artist, Teen Hero
Group Affiliations: Avengers Academy, The Mighty Avengers, The Heroes For Hire
PL 8 (85)
STRENGTH
1/6 STAMINA 2/6 AGILITY 4/6
FIGHTING 8/10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+7, +9 Amulets)
Athletics 3 (+4, +9 Amulets)
Deception 2 (+3)
Intimidation 2 (+3)
Investigation 1 (+2)
Perception 5 (+6)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"The Jade Tiger Amulets" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [24]
Enhanced Strength 5 (10)
Enhanced Stamina 4 (8)
Enhanced Agility 2 (4)
Enhanced Fighting 2 (4)

Enhanced Skills 6: Acrobatics 3 (+12), Athletics 3 (+12) (3)
Enhanced Advantages 9: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Takedown (9)

Leaping 1 (15 feet) (1)
Speed 1 (4 mph) (1)
-- (38 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Tiger Amulets +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4 (+6 Amulets)

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (+10 Amulets, DC 18-20), Parry +8 (+10 Amulets, DC 18-20), Toughness +3 (+6 Amulets), Fortitude +5 (+8 Amulets), Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Other White Tigers)- Ava's neice Angela was the previous White Tiger, and is often manipulated by external forces to do evil.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 24 / Defenses: 11 (85)

-Since Latino heroes are pretty hard to come by, and Latinos represent a HUGE portion of the American population, it makes sense that Marvel would try to include more of them. But... why do four of them all need to have the same codename? See, with Angela being un-used, suddenly Marvel decided that ANOTHER female White Tiger needed to be created, probably to link up with the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon (featuring Spidey with a multiracial cast of Teen Heroes)- Ava Ayala is Hector's little sister (never before seen, of course). She was briefly seen as part of the Mighty Avengers minoriteam under Luke Cage, but basically disappeared off the book alongside Power-Man II, to the point where I often forgot the two of them were even on it (and this was my FAVORITE of the ongoing Avengers books at the time!).

-Ava has popped up on Al Ewing's next Avengers book, joining Sunspot's squad... ALSO in a completely minor, background role. She at least managed to defeat Angela and release her from the evil Amulets' power.

-Like most White Tigers, she's fairly cheap on points, since she saves so much from her Easily-Removable Device (I mean, how hard is it to remove a NECKLACE?).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Horsenhero

Re: Jab's Builds! (Wolfpack! Warrant! Wrecking Crew! WildPride!)

Post by Horsenhero »

As far as I'm concerned the evolved white tigress is the most interesting of the White Tigers. Granted, she came out of a comic period the big companies would rather forget, but it's still a nifty concept.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Horsenhero wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:21 amcame out of a comic period the big companies would rather forget
1935-2008?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thank God- I FINALLY finished updating the Animal Pics. That was only about 437 pictures that I needed to drop into SmugMug, then copy the image URLs, THEN place into a Wordfile one-by-one, making sure to keep stock of what kind of animal they were, THEN copy & paste them into the Roll Call thread.

Did I saw "Screw PhotoBucket" yet? Because screw Photobucket.
Jabroniville

White Wolf

Post by Jabroniville »

Man, they named this dude after the most pretentious RPG company in history.

THE WHITE WOLF (Hunter)
Created By:
Christopher Priest & Mark Texiera
First Appearance: The Black Panther #3 (Jan. 1999)
Role: Mirror Image Not-Quite-Villain, Rival Sibling
Group Affiliations: Wakanda, The Hatute Zuraze
PL 9 (159)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 8 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+14)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+10)
Expertise (Mercenary) 5 (+8)
Insight 2 (+6)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 6 (+10)
Perception 6 (+10)
Stealth 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Equipment 3 (Guns & Stuff), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"White Wolf Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [27]
"Vibranium-Weave Mesh" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 4) (6)
Immunity 15 (Ballistics, Falling & Piercing Damage) (15)
"Cloaking Tech" Concealment 2 (Visuals) (4)
Morph 2 (Flaws: Limited to Clothing -2) (6)
Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling, Water-Walking) (Flaws: Limited to While Running) (2)
-- (33 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Guns +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +5 (+7 Costume, +2 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Rivalry (T'Challa)- Hunter resents the natural-born son of T'Chaka, who was Hunter's adoptive father. T'Challa became the favored son & heir, while Hunter was distrusted by the xenophic Wakandans.
Responsibility (Wakanda)- Despite this distrust, Hunter is a Wakandan patriot, and proudly served the Wakandan Secret Police.

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 27 / Defenses: 11 (159)

-A long-lost sibling to T'Challa (ANOTHER ONE?), The White Wolf is actually an adopted son of T'Challa's father, T'Chaka. He naturally grew jealous of the "new" son, resenting him for suddenly being favored because he was the natural-born son of T'Chaka. He was nonetheless a Wakandan patriot, proudly leading their ultra-violent secret police despite being mistrusted by the xenophobic populace, but had his group disbanded by T'Challa upon his taking the throne. The Hatute Zeraze took on mercenary work to pay the bills. I've never heard of him, nor seen him in anything, despite seeing T'Challa in a bunch of stuff in the past couple years. I bet somebody forgot about him, because Kasper Cole basically looks the same playing the White Tiger.

-White Wolf has a lot of T'Challa's stuff (copying the Micro-Weave stuff T'Challa used around this time in the Priest comics), and is a Mercenary-type guy, but I have no real idea what his level is.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

I liked White Wolf as sort of a jab at the "white guy in a foreign culture" trope. It was pretty funny, and I liked how he was kind of an ally, kind of an antagonist to Black Panther, a nice little foil for T'Challa. I hope he appears in the second Black Panther movie (assuming there ever is a Black Panther 2).
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I hate to say it, but Christopher Priest himself may be a big part of the reason nobody remembers White Wolf. I mean, I knew a bunch of people who avoided Priest's run on Black Panther just because Priest would complain loudly and often that his Black Panther was underappreciated. Even if it might be true, that's the kind of thing a writer should let other people say. When you say it yourself you just sound whiny.

And I agree, screw Photobucket. That was some messed up crap they pulled, yanking all the third party hosting unless you pay a $400 a year subscription fee...and yanking the hosting before they announced the new cost for service. I hope the next time I'm up in Denver (where they're based), there's a big ol' "space for lease" sign where their offices sit.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Horsenhero wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 am I hate to say it, but Christopher Priest himself may be a big part of the reason nobody remembers White Wolf. I mean, I knew a bunch of people who avoided Priest's run on Black Panther just because Priest would complain loudly and often that his Black Panther was underappreciated. Even if it might be true, that's the kind of thing a writer should let other people say. When you say it yourself you just sound whiny.
Agreed- he's like the Bret Hart of comics. *wonders how many people will get that reference*
And I agree, screw Photobucket. That was some messed up crap they pulled, yanking all the third party hosting unless you pay a $400 a year subscription fee...and yanking the hosting before they announced the new cost for service. I hope the next time I'm up in Denver (where they're based), there's a big ol' "space for lease" sign where their offices sit.
The sheer amount of people this screws over is staggering, too- MILLIONS of images across the internet were given free storage there. Major corporations, eBay sellers, and more. And some of those images will be blank FOREVER- think of all those websites that aren't updated any more. Old blog posts. Stuff that was frozen and locked (ie the old Atomic Think Tank board).

Articles are now spouting up about this, and it's corporate suicide for PB, which I don't expect will be in business much longer.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Well, Photobucket made a big mistake when they originally decided all their revenue would come from advertising. It turns out there's actually a limit to how much money that will bring in and instead of getting in front of this problem with a more reasonable solution when they should have, they kept trying to make the old model work. Apparently all the advance warning they gave was in some post back in May when they stated that there were going to be upcoming changes to their terms of service. They weren't wrong, but they might have soft sold that just a bit.

I only know this because I read an article on it in the online WSJ recently.

Needless to say the author's prediction for Photobucket's continued survival was somewhat bleak.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Horsenhero wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 am Well, Photobucket made a big mistake when they originally decided all their revenue would come from advertising. It turns out there's actually a limit to how much money that will bring in and instead of getting in front of this problem with a more reasonable solution when they should have, they kept trying to make the old model work. Apparently all the advance warning they gave was in some post back in May when they stated that there were going to be upcoming changes to their terms of service. They weren't wrong, but they might have soft sold that just a bit.

I only know this because I read an article on it in the online WSJ recently.

Needless to say the author's prediction for Photobucket's continued survival was somewhat bleak.
Fascinating- I got the impression they were losing money when they absolutely FILLED their site with advertising- at points I had to hit "X" on three or four things just to be able to SEE my images. But, as I rarely use PB except for things where I think the pics might disappear (anything hotlinked outside of Wiki or ComicVine sites), I could deal with it. And they were offering fairly small fees to "get rid of ads", but I didn't see the point, given how little it inconvenienced me.

But yeah, I remember an e-mail coming down a month or two ago warning about upcoming changes... but it was worded so similarly to "phishing" emails that I just dumped it. It was also pretty damn vague in wording as to what was really going to happen.

Incidentally, I got my Roswell Conspiracies and Street Fighter builds up to speed with SmugMug pics. Of course... now every time somebody QUOTES an old post with a picture, THAT comes up with the "photobucket" message. So if everyone could re-check their old quotes circa my SF builds and edit in the new image links, that'd be dandy, lest I get annoyed next time I go archive-crawling :).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Warwolf (the actual wolf)

Post by Jabroniville »

WARWOLF I
Created By:
Dwayne McDuffie & Gregory Wright
First Appearance: Deathlok #1 (July 1990)
Role: Cyborg Wolf
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (88)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Close Combat (Natural Weapons) 1 (+6)
Expertise (Hunters) 4 (+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+4)
Perception 6 (+8)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons), Fast Grab, Improved Trip, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 6 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [6]
"Animal Physiology" Speed 7 (250 mph) [7]
"Natural Weapons- Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

"Plasma Beams" Blast 6 (Feats: Accurate 4) [16]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Natural Weapons +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +6, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Wolves cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.
Relationship (The Pack)- Wolves are known by a strict pecking order in the pack, with the Alphas getting first choice in any matter, and Omegas at the bottom. The pack fights as one, and moves as one.
Drawback (Plasma Beams)- Warwolf is blind when using his Plasma Beams. They can also overload if used too often.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 31 / Defenses: 7 (88)

-Warwolf is a cyborg wolf created by Roxxon to act as their personal assassin, but went crazy and started killing its masters. Deathlok, a pacifist, was forced to put it down when it was revealed that its organic compounds were dying out. He was actually inspired by 1974's "War-Wolf", another one-off foe of the original Deathlok.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, neat: a little article about the success (despite generally not meeting the level of its most recent Disney siblings) of Moana: https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... 625e0a7341
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:38 pm
Goldar wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:19 pm Nice Wrecking Crew write-ups!

They were great back when they were created and the lone Wrecker now had a team. Unfortunately, they were not used much and now are just sadly, jobbers, big time jobbers, because a team of 4 super strong members is rare and they could have been a number one villain team.

The Wrecker's Crowbar was mystically enhanced and supposed to be a foil for Thor's hammer. Thunderball also had an enchanted weapon with his Wrecking Ball, which was impervious and would return to him when thrown.. Pile-driver had large, over-powered fists, sort of reminded me if Wonder Man back then. Bulldozer was like a mix of Charlie-27 and Hammerhead, with a higher dose of super-strength. As time went on, Bulldozer added more and more metal around his head and then face for I guess more ramming power. :roll:
Cool- good to see you back on my thread! What did you think of my Captain Comet & Guiding Light builds?
Thanks! While I was around, some characters I didn't know about to comment on.

I will be on vacation next week, but then I will be back again!

Captain Comet was very good, reminiscent of the 1950's version I think, before becoming a Power House in the 1970's.

Guiding Light was so good to see! November 02 will mark her 11th Anniversary as a character!

I am enjoying this current run of characters!
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Since you mentioned Street Fighter...Capcom revealed the fourth Season 2 SFV character...and it's Abigail, of all people. Meanwhile, Namco revealed the next DLC character for Tekken 7...and it's freaking GEESE HOWARD. That kind of makes me want to see Tekken builds..maybe I'll make a couple myself.
Jabroniville

Whirlwind

Post by Jabroniville »

WHIRLWIND (David Cannon, aka The Human Top, Charles Matthews)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Tales to Astonish #50 (Dec. 1963)
Role: Failed Arch-Nemesis (for Pym)
Group Affiliations: The Masters of Evil, The Thunderbolts
PL 9 (151)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+9)
Deception 8 (+11)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+4)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Improved Critical 2 (Throwing Blades, Battering Ram), Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: A Human Top"
"Spin Fast" Speed 7 (250 mph) [7]
"Able to Spin Incessently" Immunity 1 (Vertigo) [1]
"Can't Get a Grasp" Immunity 5 (Ensarement Effects) (Extras: Sustained +0) [5]
"Spinning" Protection 4 (Extras: Sustained +0) [4]

"Mini Tornadoes" Blast 8 (Feats: Indirect 2- Multiple Directions, Split 3) (21) -- [23]
  • AE: "Wind Screen" Deflect 10 (10)
  • AE: "Hovering" Flight 5 (60 mph) (10)
  • AE: "Battering Ram" Strength-Damage +5 (5)
"Whirlwind Armour" (Flaws: Removable) (Feats: Restricted 2- Only People with Spinning) [24]
Protection 2 (2)
"Bladestorm" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Penetrating) (24) -- (25)
  • AE: "Bladestream" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone, Penetrating) (24)
-- (27 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Battering Ram +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Bladestorm +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Mini Tornadoes +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+7 Spinning, +9 Armour), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- David is a mere thief at heart.
Obsession (Janet Van Dyne)- David posed as Janet's chauffer for a long period of time, with the intent to case out her place for stealing. Ultimately, he became infatuated with her, and desperately wanted to be with her. He once attacked Hank "The Wasp" Pym for taking his late ex-wife's codename. Obviously, it didn't work out between David & Jan.
Vulnerable (Trapped While Spinning)- Despite being Immune to Ensarement effects, if he is trapped BEFORE his Spin starts (ie. it's Sustained), he is liable to hurt himself very badly. He once broke many bones (including his spine).

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 64 / Defenses: 8 (151)

-Okay, seriously, his name is DAVID CANNON. That is a WAY cooler name than his other two! He should totally just be called "Cannon"!

-Whirlwind started his career as the ridiculous Human Top, one of those goofy 1960s villains that was obviously never gonna go anywhere big (see Blob, Unus, Paste-Pot Pete, etc.). He fell in love with The Wasp, becoming her chauffer under an assumed name to make advances on her in the Giant-Man and the Wasp features that ran (unsuccessfully) at the time. Becoming the much better "Whirlwind" quickly, he had the misfortune of being the key enemy of the non-solo-book-having Avengers Hank & Jan, so he never really went anywhere- he would pop up on The Masters of Evil or work for The Red Skull or something, and that was it. Eventually, he is fired for embezzling money from Janet, and Hank discovers the "Chauffer" ruse.

-Whirlwind later becomes a bit of a "Journeyman Villain" (Hank & Jan weren't big enough to be "worth" having an exclusive villain), showing up in Count Nefaria's Lethal Legion alongside Power Man (the future Atlas) and The Living Laser. He later fights in another couple Masters of Evil incarnations (but not enough to become an iconic member), takes on Captain America, then fights the West Coast Avengers alongside Tiger Shark. His Wasp obsession grows- paying prostitutes to dress up in her various costumes, then assaulting them.

-When his Heroes Reborn version popped up with bladed armour, his regular version got that because it was SOOOOO KEWL, even though really he was just a rip-off of the Marauders' Riptide by that point. As such, he's just iconic enough (the distinctive bullet-helmet) to show up in giant groups of villains, though nobody'd use him as the main villain of a story anymore- one of his last "big moments" was extorting money from Norman Osborn (then director of the Thunderbolts program), and being viciously beaten when "ally" Matt "Venom" Gargan turned on him. He was also hired by Striker's stardom-obsessed mother in Avengers Academy in order to attack Hank Pym (over Janet's death in Secret Invasion) and then do the job, thus putting the young hero over as a credible fighter. He's since become a bit of a Background Guy, distinctive enough to be recognizable.

-A PL 8 in all but Defense, Whirlwind's got some nasty tricks with that Bladestorm ability and his Tornadoes, but is fairly limited to that. He's not that great a team player, and his Skills are limited to him being able to lie and cheat real good (he disguised himself as Jan's chauffer for a good period of time). Despite all that, he's quite expensive for a PL 9 Jobber Villain- it's all in the fact that he's got basic Blast-Type powers AND a suit that gives him further powers. That creates some points-redundancy that makes it a bad choice for PCs (it's hardly cost-efficient to have two different sources of ranged damage), but since he's a villain, it doesn't matter.

-His Spinning is much like Riptide's- he gets bonuses to Protection, Speed, Immunities to Vertigo & Ensnarement (note: BEFORE he starts spinning. The Trapster would cause a very nasty incident when he glued Cannon's feet to the floor BEFORE he started to Spin). It's the kind of thing that could make a powerful character (like, well, Riptide), but ultimately Cannon isn't as tough as his points-cost would suggest.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.