Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Hakan

Post by Jabroniville »

HAKAN
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Super Street Fighter IV (2010)
Game Apperances: Super & Ultra Street Fighter IV
Home Country: Turkey
Role: The Powerhouse, Weird Guy
Vague Martial Art Basis: Yağlı güreş- Turkish Oil Wrestling
PL 8 (113)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+10)
Close Combat 4 (+11)
Deception 3 (+7)
Expertise (Business) 5 (+7)
Expertise (Oil) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Martial Artist) 5 (+7)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Equipment (Oil Jar), Improved Grab, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Power Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Special Moves"
"Oil Rocket" Enhanced Strength 1 (Flaws: Limited to Throwing) Linked to Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Those Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (3) -- [4]
  • AE: "Oil Slide & Oil Dive" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) & Speed 1 (4 mph) (Flaws: Limited to Short Bursts) & Enhanced Advantage: Move-By Action (2.5)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Oil Moves +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Oil Recipe)- The President of a Turkish oil-making company, Hakan desires to travel the world and discover new oil recipes. Seriously. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.
Quirks (Oil Jar)- Hakan carries an oil jar around with him, and must periodically douse himself with it to get the most out of his moves. He will slowly lose power unless he refreshes his oil supply. Dousing himself in oil requires at least a moment of Activation, but spending more time on it allows him to remain oiled-up longer. When dry, he will lose Defensive Roll, one point of damage, and one point of accuracy on all of his moves.
Relationship (Wife & Children)- Hakan is the proud father of a gaggle of young girls, and is usually trying to find husbands for them all (even though they're all VERY young).
Weakness (Predictability)- Hakan, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 8 + 13 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 18 (113)

-Hakan is a bizarre new character, created for the second incarnation of SF IV. A huge wrestler from Turkey, which is a very unique place of origin for a video game character. Amazingly, he uses Turkish Oil Wrestling, which is actually a martial art explained in the origin of one of those silly "New Challenger" guys in the White Wolf Street Fighter RPG! Beet red and with turquoise hair (a pun on the name of his country of origin in Japanese), he douses himself in oil before a match, and goes on the attack. His bio/motivation is entirely ridiculous, which annoys me- another "Fight for my art" guy who wants to prove his fighting style, he ALSO wants to find the perfect oil recipe for his... oil company. Cripes. Dumb, dumb motivation there. Not a bad design, though- if he wasn't such a goof, I'd like him.

-Fighting Style: Hakan has a weird concept based around dousing himself in oil so that he's ultra slippery and can slide along the ground, squeeze guys until the squirt out of his grip, etc. He has a "Dousing" move that adds to his capabilities, though it eventually runs out. I think a Complication suits it best- his special moves are cheap enough points-wise that making them a Device is pointless. A rank of Equipment and a Complication that he needs to spend a move or standard action once in a while to re-oil himself up is the easiest way around it. Otherwise, he's a standard "Big Tough Wrestler" character, a bit weaker than Zangief, but equal to E. Honda or Blanka. He's PL 8- a newbie to the scene, but likely getting a "Newbie Push". We'll see where he ends up in the franchise (Edit: lol they basically dumped has ass like garbage).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gouken! Abel! Seth! El Fuerte! Hakan!)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I personally find the guy hilarious and amazing. Sure, sure, goofy origin, but at least he's not disgusting like that rival. One of my freinds really loved his silines and style, but I place part of that in his at the time closet bisexuality and 'tastes'.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:I personally find the guy hilarious and amazing. Sure, sure, goofy origin, but at least he's not disgusting like that rival. One of my freinds really loved his silines and style, but I place part of that in his at the time closet bisexuality and 'tastes'.
Oil Wrestling does seem like it'd appeal to a different kind of crowd that just martial arts fans :). Most of the guys are pretty bear-y in that sport, from what I've seen. It's funny- the first time I'd ever heard of that style was for the Street Fighter RPG, so it was a kick to see an ACTUAL Street Fighter character using the style. And seeing it on Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown.
RomanMetal

Re: Jab's Builds!

Post by RomanMetal »

danelsan wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:Image
By the way, this beauty up there is the Brazilian cosplayer Danielle Vedovelli. However, in case someone gets the wrong impression, she is not the same as the mega-thighs fitness model shown before her, that is Natascha Encinosa. Still, Danielle is quite a curvy lady with her own big thighs (not as muscular, though).

Besides looking stunning, she does some pretty cool cosplay, mostly videogame stuff.
Her face alone...!
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote:Oil Wrestling does seem like it'd appeal to a different kind of crowd that just martial arts fans :). Most of the guys are pretty bear-y in that sport, from what I've seen. It's funny- the first time I'd ever heard of that style was for the Street Fighter RPG, so it was a kick to see an ACTUAL Street Fighter character using the style. And seeing it on Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown.
^_^ At least they don't have one of his victory poses pay tribute to the real-life aspect where victory involves sticking your hand in your opponent's pants (I still can't tell if it's actually a win condition, or simply a matter of it being one of the only ways to hold onto a greased-up opponent), hopefully not the same hand they're expected to kiss upon your victory.
Jabroniville

Juri

Post by Jabroniville »

JURI HAN
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Super Street Fighter IV (2010)
Game Apperances: Super & Ultra Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter V, Street Fighter VI, Street Fighter X Tekken
Home Country: Korea
Role: Miss Fanservice, The Skank, Femme Fatale
Vague Martial Art Basis: Taekwondo
PL 9 (150)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 10 (+15)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 6 (+15)
Deception 2 (+5, +7 Attractive)
Expertise (Assassin) 7 (+8)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+5, +7 Attractive)
Ranged Combat (Fireball) 4 (+13)
Sleight of Hand 2 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+9)
Technology 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Daze (Deception), Fascinate (Deception), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Shikusen), Improved Critical (Fuhajin), Improved Critical (Senpusha) 2, Improved Initiative 2, Move-By Action, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Ranged Attack 5, Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown (total 2), Tracking

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Martial Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Special Moves"
"Fuhajin" Blast 4 (Diminished Range -1) (7) -- [10]
  • AE: "Senpusha- Pinwheel" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 3) (Flaws: Distracting 3) Linked to Affliction 3 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Immobile) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (5)
  • AE: "Kasatushi" Speed 2 (8 mph) (Feats: Triggered- Being Hit) & Evasion (4)
  • AE: "Shikusen" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Fireball +13 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Shikusen +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Senpusha +15 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +14

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications: 
Motivation (Destruction)- Juri was tainted and twisted by Shadowloo at a young age, and this twisted her into a hatred of everything and everyone. She is a traitor who will not stay allied to anyone for very long, akin to a Black Widow Spider. This involves beating the $#!% out of people.
Responsibility (Honour)- Juri will give opponents the chance to run away, and will not kill children.
Enemy (Chun-Li)- Juri injured Chun-Li badly in their first encounter, and still has it out for the Chinese heroine.
Power Loss (The Feng-Shui Engine)- The Engine in her eye allows her ki techniques and extreme power. Should it shut down or malfunction, she will be greatly reduced in almost all categories. Her stats will likely be Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 3, Fighting 6, and she will lose all her Powers and many of her Advantages.
Weakness (Predictability)- Juri, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to her Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 58--29 / Advantages: 22 + 13 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 19 (150)

-Juri's an interesting take on a character-type not often seen in Street Fighter games: the seductive Femme Fatale. Especially since up till now they've had NO out-and-out evil female villains in the series. But it's hard to take her seriously when her English VA makes her sound like Breckin Meyer's parody of Lindsay Lohan on Robot Chicken (which should really be called Cyborg Chicken judging by the opening animation, but I digress). Ignoring that, she's your standard Scantily Clad Bimbo (which is rather rare in SF games, as I've noted- it's usually scantily-clad HEROINES), and uses the Taekwondo style so common in some fighting games, but completely unused by Capcom till now. Now, TKD gets disparaged pretty regularly in "legit" martial arts circles, because it's an excessively flashy "popular" style that is pro head-kicking, which are the least-accurate attack a fighter can use, as well as being one of the few arts that'll freely hand black belts out to people who could never win a real fight (they're derisively called "McDojos", and they've hurt TKD's status as a martial art over time- which isn't to say an elite TKD guy isn't a good fighter, but you almost never see guys doing TKD stuff in elite fighting circles anymore). But it makes for cool video gaming, as guys throw out these massively arced kicks and high jumps. Great visuals overall.

-Like a lot of Street Fighter "originals", she swipes a lot from a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure character, in this case Joylene Kujo. And the "Mini-Movie" before her Super SF IV debut featuers her doing an INSANE number of casual Area Effect attacks and destruction on a level that fits more Avatar: The Last Airbender than Street Fighter. It's so over the top that it comes off as weird once you're playing the game and going back to the basics of punches & kicks. The character proved controversial in South Korea (which has numerous ongoing issues with Japan, and their depiction in Japanese pop culture), and a lot of fans were turned off by the "Juri Mega-Push" upon her debut. She has joined Street Fighter V's cast as a Downloadable Character.

-Fighting Style: Juri's an absolute Glass Cannon, being defensively weak (not even at her PL 9 caps), but unleashing great attacks by contrast. She is a BIG fan of All-Out Attack, giving an all-or-nothing approach to combat with big, flashy spin kicks. She's insanely versatile, packing a good Fireball (that charges like a Turn Punch, so she can use other attacks), a Multiattack, a standard Special Move (extra damage, low accuracy) AND a speed move that almost works like a Teleport. Expect tons of attacking with some weak defense- she's still fragile, though. In her debut, she apparently rendered Chun-Li hospitalized, so she's obviously tough, but I'm gonna put her on the same level as most of the other World Warriors ("Beginner's Luck" is a MAJOR factor in any fight in almost any level of fiction).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
proditor

Re: Jab's Builds! (Crimson Viper! Gouken! Abel! Seth!)

Post by proditor »

BriarThrone wrote:The thing with Krav Maga is that it's a modern battlefield style - that is, primarily a method of murdering enemies who are, by and large, not going to be skilled martial artists. This does not translate well to the relatively-friendly and rules-protected environment of a ring or cage. It's not supposed to. It's supposed to quickly and efficiently train people from "innocent civilian victim" to "able to kill three attackers." As you might imagine, the list of techniques you're not supposed to do in MMA reads like something of a shopping list to them.
Oh absolutely. Two funny stories about my first week.

So the wife and I go to the first class, and it's just me, her, and the instructor. He's super nice, super high energy, and like half our age. All of this is okay, and honestly, expected. He's explaining the methodology of Krav as always being on the offense, even when you retreat, you strike and set yourself to attack again. So there are two junior instructors working on something nearby and Deo (our teacher) says "Krav Maga is always moving what?" and one answers "Forward" and the other says "To the groin!" Deo thinks about it for a moment and then says "Yeah, they're both right."

Second class, we have three other students, one of whom is this slightly built waif with an impish grin. My anime sense goes off, and I'm proved right when Deo says "Okay, the point of Krav Maga is 'to what' your attacker?" he then spins quickly, looks at Jen and says "NOT KILL." She just shrugged and smiled a little wider. I started calling her Boba Fett after that class.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Abel! Seth! El Fuerte! Hakan! Juri!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Of all the people I have ever fought — be it in sport fencing, HEMA, unarmed combatives training, or just wrestling with a drunk that I needed to arrest — tiny waif women are the absolute worst to face.

Reach, raw muscle, and an imposing size are definitely big advantages. But, well, most of us know that and learn to deal with people bigger than us. Tiny waif women learn the same "how to deal with bigger people" lessons and get to apply them to 90% of the population... The rest of us have to figure out how to deal with this rabid squirrel that's inside our reach.

I'm 6'0", dammit, tiny waif women scare me.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Fierce!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Shock

Re: Hakan

Post by Shock »

Looks like Hellboy with a mustache
Batgirl III

Re: Hakan

Post by Batgirl III »

Shock wrote:
Looks like Hellboy with a mustache
And his daughters look like Toad from Super Mario Bros....
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Tanden Engine, Feng Shui Engine...if more start to show up I'm gonna begin to suspect someone at Capcom recently learned a new word in English...
Last edited by danelsan on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Decapre

Post by Jabroniville »

DECAPRE
Created By:
Akira Yasuda
First Appearance: Ultra Street Fighter IV (2014)
Game Appearances: Ultra Street Fighter IV Only
Home Country: Russia
Role: Evil Clone
Vague Martial Art Basis: Special Forces Fighting
PL 8 (133)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+13)
Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+7)
Intimidation 6 (+4)
Perception 6 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+8)
Technology 2 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Agile Feint (Hooligan Combination), Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Equipment 2 (Assorted Gear, "Energy Daggers" +1), Evasion, Fearless, Grab Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Cannon Moves) 2, Improved Initiative, Ranged Combat 5, Uncanny Dodge

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Martial Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Jump Good" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Features: May Add Dagger Damage To Special Moves [1]

"Special Moves"
"Invisible Ray" Blast 4 (Feats: Subtle 2) (Reduced Defenses 1) (8) -- [15]
  • AE: "Rapid Daggers" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Flaws: Distracting 4) Linked to Affliction 4 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Immobile) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (6)
  • AE: "Scramble" Teleport 1 (Feats: Change Direction) (3)
  • AE: "Scramble-Assisted Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 if Successfully Feinting Last Turn, +2 to Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Reduced Parry 1, Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Cannon Spike" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Psycho Sting" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Psycho Stream" Blast 6 (Flaws: Tiring, Reduced Defenses 2) (2)
  • AE: "Psycho Transaction" Features 2: Gains An Insant Hero Point) (Flaws: Side-Effect- Takes Damage 3) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Energy Dagger +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Dagger Special Moves +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications: 
Motivation (Loyalty)- A loyal "Doll", Decapre will do Bison's bidding. His bidding is to beat the $#!& out of people.
Responsibility (Temper)- Decapre can become wildly aggressive in unpredictable circumstances, and has robotic speech patterns.
Enemy (Cammy, Seth)- Decapre is compelled to kill both.
Weakness (Predictability)- Decapre, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to her Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 18 + 12 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 16 (133)

-Along with Poison, Decapre debuted as a surprise entrant in Ultra Street Fighter IV, the final game in that series. However, she was met with a bit of tooth-gnashing from fans, as she was just another "Cammy Clone", and NOT a real "original/returning character". Generally a nutty, robotic, unpredictable Doll, Decapre does Bison's will, but is prone to breakdowns and "sad endings" where she's taken away by Bison.

-Decapre fights much like Cammy does, but varies a bit in some of her other moves. Her version of the Feint-Assisted "Hooligan Combination" is the "Scramble", which is Teleport-based. She has an "anti-air" in the Psycho Sting, a Super Move that's a Blast (so it has to be statted as something other than an "Extraordinary Effort-assisted" move), and she has the weird power to raise her "Super Meter" by sacrificing some Health, which is basically a Side-Effected Feature. She also has a Multiattack move- unique to Doll-type characters. There's also a small Blade on her arm that gets used in some moves.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

danelsan wrote:Tanden Engine, Feng Shui Engine...if more start to show up I'm gonna begin to suspect someone at Capcom recently learned a new word in English...
Reminds me of how the English translator of one of the Metal Gear Solid games kept insisting that the outfits should be called "STEALTH Suits", but was rebuffed multiple times from Konami, who insisted that they be called "Sneak Suits", even though that sounds childishly-dumb. They wanted everything to be labelled "SNEAK this" and "SNEAK that".
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Seth! El Fuerte! Hakan! Juri! Decapre!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Posting these by order of origin really puts a fine point on the nature of nostalgia, and how much people care about the old characters (vs) the new ones- the comments are mostly focused towards the "Big 12" of the Street Fighter II era (plus Cammy), and less and less comments are found around the SF III-IV crowd. This is exactly why I usually use the "Post characters depending on their importance" thing (which usually sees big names posted alongside lesser ones, to spread them out more)- it usually means more comments get spread out over the various days.