Jab’s Builds! (Whomp 'Em! Plumbers Don't Wear Ties! ToeJam & Earl!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Houngan

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

"Cluck you!"

HAPPY HOUNGAN HARRY
Role:
Voodoo Priest
Game Appearances: ClayFighter 33 1/3
PL 7 (102)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+7)
Athletics 5 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+10)
Insight 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Voodoo Stuff) 2 (+10)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 6, Ritualist

ClayFighter Fighting Style:
Accurate Attack (Quick), Defensive Attack (Block), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Brutal), Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Voodoo Walk" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Reduced Defenses -1) (6) -- [9]
  • AE: "Fly De Voodoo Skies!" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (4)
  • AE: "Cluck You!" Blast 4 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Reduced Defenses -2) (5)
  • AE: "Get Away!" Blast 4 (Feats: Indirect- From Below) (Reduced Defenses -2) (5)
"Claytalities" Features 1: May Create a Unique Move as a Coup-de-Grace [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Special Moves +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Chicken Toss +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Power)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 7 + 7 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 11 (102)

-A minion of Dr. Kiln's (he lives on Klaymodo, and immediately links up with the villain), Houngan is a big villain in the final game, spouting "Voodoo!" over and over again, mimicking Street Fighter's Dhalsim's "Yoga!" His most notable attack is probably when he shouts "Cluck you!" and bats a chicken in your direction, but he can also cast an Indirect Blast ("Get A-way!") and do some regular attacks.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (ClayFighter- Taffy! Bad Mr. Frosty! Hoppy! Octohead!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Did someone make an actual sequel comic to Korra? I only collect the Last Airbender ones (which are mostly pretty good, though some come off like "filler").

Though this is my favorite Korrasami pic:

Jabroniville

Kung Pow

Post by Jabroniville »

KUNG POW
Role:
Racial Stereotype
PL 7 (92)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Expertise (Cooking) 4 (+4)
Insight 3 (+3)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Accurate Attack (Quick), Defensive Attack (Block), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Brutal), Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Hurricane Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Reduced Defenses -1) (6) -- [9]
  • AE: "Egg Fu Young!" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical, +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (4)
  • AE: "Karate Chop" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)
  • AE: "Da Monkeeeeey!" Blast 4 (Feats: Improved Critical, Accurate) (Reduced Defenses -2) (6)

Offense:
Monkey Toss +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:

Complications:
Responsibility (Mixes Up Kung Fu & Cooking)- Kung Pow is always mixing the two up, which produces some horrifying results.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 7 + 7 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 11 (92)

-Hahaha jesus christ. Basically the most stereotypical character EVER, Kung Pow is a buck-toothed martial artist with his hands always in "karate chop" positions and his hair in a bowl cut. He was apparently Sumo Santa's chef, but was fired after making too much bad food.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
L-Space

Re: Jab's Builds! (ClayFighter- Taffy! Bad Mr. Frosty! Hoppy! Octohead!)

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:43 pm Did someone make an actual sequel comic to Korra? I only collect the Last Airbender ones (which are mostly pretty good, though some come off like "filler").
I was unaware of this as well, but a quick search shows that a volume was released this year, with another planned for early next year. I'm going to have to check this out.
Formerly luketheduke86
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (ClayFighter- Bad Mr. Frosty! Hoppy! Octohead! Houngan!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

so much Octa.....I may start remembering Octaman....and I don't want to because that movie sucked....and that's coming from me!
HalloweenJack

Re: Kung Pow

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:33 pm Image

KUNG POW
Role:
Racial Stereotype
PL 7 (92)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Expertise (Cooking) 4 (+4)
Insight 3 (+3)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Hurricane Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Reduced Defenses -1) (6) -- [9]
  • AE: "Egg Fu Young!" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical, +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (4)
  • AE: "Karate Chop" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)
  • AE: "Da Monkeeeeey!" Blast 4 (Feats: Improved Critical, Accurate) (Reduced Defenses -2) (6)

Offense:
Monkey Toss +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:

Complications:
Responsibility (Mixes Up Kung Fu & Cooking)- Kung Pow is always mixing the two up, which produces some horrifying results.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 7 + 7 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 11 (92)

-Hahaha jesus christ. Basically the most stereotypical character EVER, Kung Pow is a buck-toothed martial artist with his hands always in "karate chop" positions and his hair in a bowl cut. He was apparently Sumo Santa's chef, but was fired after making too much bad food.

that....reminds me of Japanese Joe.

I was just thinking about Japanese Joe the other day.

See I was amusing myself at work by seeing if I could remember every time I've been to the movies in my life and doing some Jabroniville style write-ups of it in my head and under my breath. And I do pretty well (up until I get to college anyway).

I got to thinking about the summer of 1994. I had already seen The Mask and my sister and brother in law were taking my niece and nephew to see The Little Rascals. They asked if 12 year old HJ wanted to go, and I said sure.

Now....you're probably wondering how am I getting from Point A to Point B.

Well this was also the time when Michael Jackson was married to Lisa Marie Presley. Remember that for a cuppa coffee? It was one of those things that was so transparent even to me at the time that it was a sham just to try and help Michael's image after the uh....*cough*....unpleasantness. But there was a parody song on the radio at the time, where an Elvis impersonator was singing a song to the tune of All Shook Up, only it went "I"d kick his ass.....if I could get dug up!".

Upon remembering that I took a minute to pause and think "Well.....was that more because of the molestation accusations and using Lisa Marie as a shield to take care of that or was it because I live in a rural area and it was a white girl married to a black guy....supposedly".

The latter is pretty possible. I remember getting flack when I was in college for dating a black girl and hooking up with black girls. I remember particularly almost joining this fraternity (I later joined another) where one of the guys there pulled me aside at a party and asked "What are you doing?" in reference to me dancing with a girl. "Dancing" says I. "Dude...she's black" says he. "I'll be damned" says I and go back to dancing.

Anyway....Japanese Joe. This happened in the 90s and...wow....just wow.

There was this car dealership in the area and they urged you to buy American. Not a bad sentiment I don't think, but it was how they went about it. This was the era of the Japanese buying up U.S. property and such after all. But they had a mascot and this mascot was Japanese Joe.

They were initially just radio commercials where a guy spoke in broken English with the stereotypical Japanese accent. They ran these ALL THE TIME too. It was not unusual if you went somewhere you'd hear one of those on most of our Tri-State area radio stations.

They even did a few local TV spots. Japanese Joe was essentially a baseball mascot. You know the type of uniform except instead of an animal or something he'd have a big buck toothed mouth and slanted eyes behind huge glasses.

And you know, I missed all of this somehow until years later when I looked back with a more mature mind and was like "That was pretty racist".

so yeah, mind jogged.
Jabroniville

Sumo Santa

Post by Jabroniville »

Seriously, I can't be the only one who sees that.

SUMO SANTA (aka Santa Clauze)
Role:
Evil Santa
PL 7 (112)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+8)
Athletics 7 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Expertise (History) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Toymaking) 8 (+10)
Insight 1 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Perception 3 (+6)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
"Ageless Old Elf" Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

"Kringle Krush" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Multiattack 5) (Reduced Defenses -2) (4) -- [6]
  • AE: "Anti-Air Attack" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (4)
  • AE: "Belly Launcher" Blast 4 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Reduced Defenses -2) (Diminished Range -1) (4)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Belly Launcher +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (Bad Mr. Frosty)

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 7 + 7 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 12 (112)

-Santa was mentioned in Bad Mr. Frosty's backstory as a nemesis, but it seemed pretty much a casual thing. So imagine my surprise when I see "Sumo Santa" presented as a human-like character in ClayFighter 33 1/3. Here, Kris Kringle is voiced by Jim Cummings in exactly the same voice he uses for Pete in the Disney ouvre, which is pretty funny. Sumo Santa wears very little clothing, and uses his belly as a weapon- this has the horrifying effect of making his projecting gut look exceptionally phallic. He also launches Christmas presents off of it.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Lady Liberty

Post by Jabroniville »

LADY LIBERTY
Role:
Living Statue
Game Appearances: ClayFighter 33 1/3: Sculptors Cut
PL 7 (107)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+8)
Athletics 7 (+10)
Expertise (Military) 8 (+10)
Insight 1 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 3 (+6)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 7

Powers:

"Crown Spires" Blast 4 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Reduced Defenses -2) (Diminished Range -1) (4) -- [6]
  • AE: "Spinning Toss" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 To Opponents That Parried Last Turn) (3)
  • AE: "Torch Strike" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Crown Spires +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (Dr. Kiln)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 7 + 7 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 12 (107)

-Lady Liberty arrived in the Sculptors Cut version of the final game in the series- she was the creation of Dr. Kiln, but rebelled against him. She has military skills and fights evil everywhere she finds it.. The ClayFighter Wiki says thus: "According to fans, Lady Liberty is concidered the worst character in ClayFighter: Sculptor's Cut due to numerous of reasons." Well who am I to argue with a carefully-worded statement like that?
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Earthworm Jim

Post by Jabroniville »

From my Video Game builds:
EARTHWORM JIM:
Game Type: Side-Scrolling Run & Gun/Platformer
Release Date: 1994
Developer: Shiny Entertainment

-In the annals of history, the number of Animals With Attitude attempting to out-Sonic Sonic the Hedgehog is long and crappy. Of them, I think Earthworm Jim is the most distinct, and the best. In fact, the Jim games were both very good, to the point where they set off a storm of Merch for the character- he became one of only a handful of video game characters with his own TV series (voiced by Dan Castellanetta, too!), a toyline, and more! I think the secret of his success is probably a lack of smart-assed attitude like most of the characters possessed, and more of a goofy, Southern "aw shucks!" charm that contrasted an angry, violent demeanor (he's among the few Animals with a large gun, but gleefully recites "Groovy!" on one screen). So he really stands out.

-Jim was actually licensed by Playmates Toys, who wanted to create a new franchise after the Ninja Turtles had run their course. But wisely, they took a step back and allowed the creators to do their thing, rather than form a "Poochie" or a second Sonic.

-The games also succeeded in creating a fun little world, and have a great sense of humor- Evil the Cat's level is a Hades-like underworld that plays Night of Bald Mountain in the tune of ELEVATOR MUSIC. You have to rescue your buddy the talking puppy... who transforms into a giant monster that will attempt to kill you. Part of the game features you bouncing puppies off of a trampoline you have to carry around with him. The token Princess you need to rescue is literally named Princess What's-Her-Name, like they were cognizant of the cliche and were making fun of it (also, she spurns your affections and is then flattened by a flying cow, in a huge Brick Joke referencing the beginning of the game). Hell, even the CARTOON was good. The only issue I had with these games was that they were punishingly-tough. I never met anybody who could finish them. It wasn't Battletoads bad, but in the SNES era, we had gotten soft and weren't used to Nintendo Hard games anymore- this one just beat the hell out of you.

-The first game was obviously a huge success (reviews were good- EGM called it the best Genesis game of 1994), driving a small Multimedia Franchise, but Earthworm Jim 3D was the end of the franchise, pretty much- it reviewed poorly, and took forever to complete. Another game came out in 1999, but was made by a different company- this was the killer, as it was ten years before we'd see another one, and THAT was just a remake. Part of the issue was the rise of the Next Generation of consoles- these games were made for 2-D Run & Gun-style battles, and had a quirky, cartoony style. I can't imagine Earthworm Jim working as a 3-D Treasure Hunt-style game, or as a 3-D Shooter. As it stands, the Jim games were some of the last great games for the 16-bit consoles.
EARTHWORM JIM
Role:
Gun Guy, Super-Powered Worm
PL 7 (101)
STRENGTH
-3/5 STAMINA -2/5 AGILITY 0/4
FIGHTING 0/9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 4 (+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+4, +8 Suit)
Technology 4 (+4)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Equipment 4 (Blaster +5- Reduced Defeneses -2, "Pocket Rocket" Flying Cycle with Space Travel), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Guns)

Powers:
"Super Suit" (Feats: Indestructible) (Flaws: Removable) [68]
Enhanced Strength 8 (16)
Enhanced Stamina 7 (14)
Enhanced Agility 4 (8)
Enhanced Fighting 9 (18)
Movement 1 (Swinging) (2)
"Whiplash" Reach 1 (1)

Enhanced Skills 6: Athletics 4 (+9), Intimidation 2 (+4) (3)
Enhanced Advantages 5: Ranged Attack 5 (5)
Enhanced Dodge 5 (5)

"ClayFighter Fighting Style" Accurate Attack (Quick), Defensive Attack (Block), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Brutal), Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness) (7)

"Special Moves"
"Tumbling Worm- Leaping Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3) -- (4)
"Dirty Upper" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Leaping Opponents) (3)
-- (83 points)

"Earthworm Physiology"
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
"Helicopter Spin" Flight 1 (4 mph) (Flaws: Gliding) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (-3 Damage, DC 12)
Powersuit +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Gun +9 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +0 (+4 Powersuit)

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (DC 10), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness -2, Fortitude +0, Will +8
"Powersuit" Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
Enemy (Queen Slug-For-A-Butt)
Relationship (Peter Puppy, Princess What's-Her-Name)

Total: Abilities: 6 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 71 / Defenses: 7 (101)

-Earthworm Jim was just an ordinary earthworm until a Powersuit fell from space- crawling inside, he became supercharged, with a super-physique. Unfortunately, Psy-Crow, the original owner of the suit, came knocking and soon Jim was in the fight of his life, and roped into an intergalactic adventure that brought him into contact with an evil Queen, a Satanic feline, and a Professor with a Monkey for a head. Jim saves some points from having most of his Stats wrapped up in a Removable Device (and believe me, it gets removed. A lot. This ain't no Iron Man thing where it barely ever happens). A key element of Jim's combat style is to hold down the "shoot" button, spraying the area with round after round of space ammunition, as his cartoonish laser blaster fires off invisible rounds. He can also use his earthworm body as a "whip" to snare things and Swing around, and has a worm's natural ability to crawl.

-The Earthworm Jim of ClayFighter is reduced to PL 7, and has a more "Fighting Game" standard build, with a worse Blast (Reduced Defenses like those of the other fighters), but better unarmed offense (including an Anti-Air).
Jabroniville

Hobo Cop

Post by Jabroniville »

HOBO COP
Role:
Canceled Character
Game Appearances: ClayFighter 33 1/3: Sculptors Cut
PL 6 (82)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+10)
Athletics 7 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Expertise (Cop) 2 (+1)
Expertise (Hobo) 4 (+3)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+3)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 6

Powers:

"Lid Throw" Blast 4 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Reduced Defenses -2) (Diminished Range -1) (4) -- [6]
  • AE: "Ho Butt" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)
  • AE: "Take Out The Trash" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 of Opponent Parried Last Turn) (3)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Kid Toss +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Addiction (Alcohol)

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 6 + 7 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 12 (82)

-Hobo Cop had a model built for ClayFighter 63 1/3, and had moves based around drinking booze or flashing his nuts, but he was cut from the final version. Most people believe that he was simply too controversial and might upset people (Kung Pow, who speekee rike diss and uses chopsticks as a weapon, was naturally left in).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
danelsan

Re: Jab's Builds! (ClayFighter- Bad Mr. Frosty! Hoppy! Octohead! Houngan!)

Post by danelsan »

Earthworm Jim was a lot of fun, even if back then I did not have enough English and knowledge of the references to get all the jokes. But yeah, never managed to get to the end, it was a pretty hard game.
Jabroniville

Boogerman

Post by Jabroniville »

BOOGERMAN- A PICK AND FLICK ADVENTURE:
Game Type: Side-Scrolling Action Platformer
Developer: Interplay

-Among the more bizarre games to come out during "my" era of video games, Boogerman seems perfectly targeted for young boys. I mean, getting to play a video game AND disgust your sisters at the same time? BRILLIANT! This game came out for the Genesis first, then the Super NES, and features the titular character using disgusting body processes to fight the bad guys. He's an eccentric millionaire who discovered a scientist's pollution-defeating machine- the device, meant to teleport garbage to Dimension X-Crement, gave him superpowers. The graphics are pretty pixelated, but the character designs and way the characters move is taken straight from John Kricfalusi's "Spumco Style"- Boogerman's exaggerated movements remind me a lot of Powdered Toast Man. The animation is quite smooth overall- much moreso than most 16-bit games. This is probably because it was at the tail end of the lifespan for the Genesis & SNES. The Bosses include a barefoot hillbilly who fires eggs out of his chicken's heinie at you.

-The game didn't do super-great, but the character appeared in Clayfighter 63 1/3 as a playable fighter. A recent attempt was made by the guy's original designers to make a new game via Kickstarter, but it only made $40,000, not nearly enough to win- it's believed that the project was quietly cancelled.
BOOGERMAN (Snotty Ragsdale)
Role:
Heroic Adventurer
PL 7 (95)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Benefit 3 (Millionaire), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Snot), Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
"Mario Stomp" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3) -- [4]
  • AE: "Flick Snot" Blast 4 (Diminished Range -2) (Reduced Defenses -2) (2)
Offense:
Stomp +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Flick Snot +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Stopping the Silver Armlet)
Power Loss (Weapons)- Ali's weapons are all quite fragile, save the Knife. The others will become damaged with prolonged use, and will need to be replaced.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 13 (95)

-Boogerman has a few distinct attacks- he can Stomp like Mario (kind of weird in a game designed around so many bodily-function-based attacks), throw Snot (in an odd mini-arc that makes it tough to aim right), hock Loogies (it goes straight, but has a more limited supply), and can both belch and fart (which, judging by the YouTube playthroughs, is very uncommon- from what I can see, the wind-up is so dramatic that it's basically worthless in combat).

-The ClayFighter Boogerman is quite similar to his PL 7 Platformer self, but packs more unarmed potential.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

High Five

Post by Jabroniville »

HIGH FIVE
Role:
Living Hand
Game Appearances: ClayFighter 33 1/3- Sculptor's Cut
PL 7 (75)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Insight 3 (+4)
Perception 1 (+2)

Advantages:
Improved Hold

Powers:
"Hand Spin" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Reduced Defenses -1) (6) -- [8]
  • AE: "Knuckle Sandwhich!" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical, +2 to Jumping Opponents) (5)
  • AE: "Five Finger Discount!" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (4)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Special Moves +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Enemy (Dr. Kiln)

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 1 + 7 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 10 (75)

-High Five is the living, disembodied hand of Dr. Kiln himself, grown to giant size. He is a bit unfinished (a Secret Character, having no Claytalities, no crouching Brutal Kick, and only one Super Combo), but has a mind of his own, and rejects Kiln's will. His moves consist of a Multiattack, a Shoryuken-style uppercut (with he himself as the "punch" part of it, I guess), and a standard Leaping Attack (Five Finger Discount). Graphically, he easily looks the best of the entire game, looking quite a bit like a real disembodied hand, instead of a lumpy piece of whatever.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Dr. Kiln

Post by Jabroniville »

DOCTOR KILN (Dr. Henerik Kilnklein)
Role:
The Big Bad
PL 8 (114)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+9)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Claw) 2 (+12)
Deception 3 (+2)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+3)
Perception 4 (+4)
Technology 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Inventor, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Replacement Hand" Strength-Damage +2 [2]
Features 1: May Add Weapon Damage to Special Moves [1]

"Shocker" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3) -- [4]
  • AE: "Magnifying Lens" Blast 4 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Flaws: Requires Glasses) (Reduced Defenses -2) (Diminished Range -1) (1)
Offense:
Claw +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Magnifying Lens +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (One-Handed)- The discarded hand is even a rival in the game!
Motivation (Power)- Dr. Kiln wishes to take over the world.
Responsibility (Insane)- Dr. Kiln is a truly "Mad" Scientist.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 7 + 7 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 13 (114)

-A stereotypical Mad Scientist, Dr. Kiln was mentioned in the C2 as the manipulator behind the scenes (he made all of the Clones of the characters), but he appears in ClayFighter 33 1/3 as the Main Villain (though not the Final Boss- various characters face a "Rival" at the end of their run). He's voiced by Charlie Adler, clearly doing his "Buster Bunny" voice, but with a German accent.
HalloweenJack

Re: Boogerman

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:38 am Image

BOOGERMAN- A PICK AND FLICK ADVENTURE:
Game Type: Side-Scrolling Action Platformer
Developer: Interplay

-Among the more bizarre games to come out during "my" era of video games, Boogerman seems perfectly targeted for young boys. I mean, getting to play a video game AND disgust your sisters at the same time? BRILLIANT! This game came out for the Genesis first, then the Super NES, and features the titular character using disgusting body processes to fight the bad guys. He's an eccentric millionaire who discovered a scientist's pollution-defeating machine- the device, meant to teleport garbage to Dimension X-Crement, gave him superpowers. The graphics are pretty pixelated, but the character designs and way the characters move is taken straight from John Kricfalusi's "Spumco Style"- Boogerman's exaggerated movements remind me a lot of Powdered Toast Man. The animation is quite smooth overall- much moreso than most 16-bit games. This is probably because it was at the tail end of the lifespan for the Genesis & SNES. The Bosses include a barefoot hillbilly who fires eggs out of his chicken's heinie at you
-The game didn't do super-great, but the character appeared in Clayfighter 63 1/3 as a playable fighter. A recent attempt was made by the guy's original designers to make a new game via Kickstarter, but it only made $40,000, not nearly enough to win- it's believed that the project was quietly cancelled.
BOOGERMAN (Snotty Ragsdale)
Role:
Heroic Adventurer
PL 7 (95)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Benefit 3 (Millionaire), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Snot), Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
"Mario Stomp" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3) -- [4]
  • AE: "Flick Snot" Blast 4 (Diminished Range -2) (Reduced Defenses -2) (2)
Offense:
Stomp +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Flick Snot +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Stopping the Silver Armlet)
Power Loss (Weapons)- Ali's weapons are all quite fragile, save the Knife. The others will become damaged with prolonged use, and will need to be replaced.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 13 (95)

-Boogerman has a few distinct attacks- he can Stomp like Mario (kind of weird in a game designed around so many bodily-function-based attacks), throw Snot (in an odd mini-arc that makes it tough to aim right), hock Loogies (it goes straight, but has a more limited supply), and can both belch and fart (which, judging by the YouTube playthroughs, is very uncommon- from what I can see, the wind-up is so dramatic that it's basically worthless in combat).

-The ClayFighter Boogerman is quite similar to his PL 7 Platformer self, but packs more unarmed potential.

my best friend in seventh grade was OBSESSED with this game. I just didn't get the appeal even then