Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Earthworm Jim! Dr. Kiln! Great Lakes Avengers!)

Post by Ares »

I think Jab meant "game breaking" from the perspective of a literal tabletop RPG, not a comic book setting where characters only stay dead until the next writer that wants to use those characters comes along and brings them back.

But as Jab says, Mr. Immortal technically has one more power than Batman, he could be effective with some training, but like the rest of the GLA he was conceived of as a joke. Its just that, like one of his teammates, the joke tends to fall flat.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Horsenhero wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:32 pm I just think it's kind of funny that anyone finds Mr. Immortal game breaking at all. How many times do normal protagonists die in comics? Hardly ever. So, it's only the fact that he tends to act suicidally that gives his powers any "play" at all. After all, when compared to say...Wolverine...Mr. Immortal isn't game breaking at all. You could make him a fighter equal to Shang Chi and Wolverine would still be more game breaking. This is one of those times when a writer's/readers' perception has failed to take into account the conventions of the genre. His abilities are actually no more absurd than several other more "serious" characters.

The only thing that makes Mr. Immortal a joke is that he's written like one. This same concept could be taken and be handled well in a more serious book.
Yeah, basically the power is a joke because he's always getting one-hit-killed. Even Wolverine would be a joke if that was his reputation in battles :).

Maybe "game-breaking" is the wrong word. If villain fought smarter, like Moonstone, they'd just die him up or ensnare him or something.
Jabroniville

Dinah Soar

Post by Jabroniville »

Curious how both Dinah and Marrina have that "Googly-dark-eyed monster woman" look, and yet hooked up with more normal-looking men.

DINAH SOAR
Created By:
John Byrne
First Appearance: The Avengers West Coast #46 (July 1989)
Role: Freaky Pink Chick, Joke Hero
Group Affiliation: Great Lakes Avengers
PL 7 (98)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Aerobatics 6 (+10)
Close Combat (Wings) 2 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Expertise (Animal Handling) 5 (+4)
Expertise (Card Player) 7 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+7)
Intimidation 4 (+3)
Perception 4 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Favoured Environment (Airborne), Power Attack, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Unknown Origins"
Immunity 2 (Aging, Heat) [2]
"Sonic Whistle" Nullify Sonic-Based Effects 10 [10]

"Razor-Tipped Wings"
Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [6]
Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Wings +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Mister Immortal)
Responsibility (The Great Lakes Team)
Reputation (Loser Hero)
Disabled (Mute)- Dinah can understand English, but not speak it.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 14 (98)

-Dinah is weird, even for this team. A pink half-dinosaur humanoid chick who can't talk, but is also a super-hero? I've got no idea what role she's supposed to take here, aside from having a punny name. She got killed in the line of duty, being wiped out by Maelstrom during a big team battle. She was in a loving relationship with Mr. Immortal (like, ew), which left him rather heartbroken after her demise. Curiously, she never returned, and the group moved on completely without her. Like, nowadays the team is just a foursome, with the occasional "extra" character (Grasshopper, Gravity, Good Boy).

-A PL 7 who's a bit cheaper. I guess that's about right. Most of this team probably stats out this way- they're weak, but not so weak that they can't beat ANYBODY- they have some lucky wins against a fairly big number of super-villains, and got turned into a near-worthy fighting force by Hawkeye & Mockingbird when they took to training this squad. They're still JOKES, and The Avengers would just politely let them down easy during their next membership drive, but they're not completely incompetent. They're in that PL 7 zone of guys like a few of the Acolytes, where they're super-weak jokes to MAJOR super-heroes, but they could still kick around some Minions, and if they fight en masse, they could actually do some damage.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Doorman

Post by Jabroniville »

DOORMAN (DeMarr Davis)
Created By:
John Byrne
Role: Team Teleporter, Joke Hero
PL 7 (91)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Arcane Lore) 2 (+2)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 3 (+3)
Expertise (Card Player) 5 (+5)
Perception 2 (+3)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Gateway to the Darkforce Dimension"
"Window" Teleport 1 (Extras: Accurate, Affects Others Only +0, Attack 7) (Flaws: Limited to the Next Room) [9]
Insubstantial 4 (Flaws: Limited to Ranged Attacks) [16]
Flight 3 (16 mph) (Flaws: Low Ceiling) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Window +7 (+7 Teleport, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Reputation (Loser Hero)
Reputation (Disappointment to His Father)

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 12 (91)

-Um, yeah, Doorman. Kinda looks like Black Costume Spider-Man, and teleports the team, but is limited to the next room only. So he's pretty much just a team guy, though he was often shown as the most realistic-minded, cynical member of the team, embarrassed by his teammates. He was ALSO slain against Maelstrom, but came back because he replaced Deathurge as one of the multiple versions of Death in the Marvel Universe, and can now transport dead people to the afterlife. And he's also on the Great Lakes team again because of that. He once met up with his father, who decried his "stupid powers" and do-nothing life... until Doorman revealed that he was now an Angel of Death, and was in fact here to take his father to the afterlife. His dad then immediately changed course, proud of Doorman's new job, and planned to brag to his friends in Heaven about it.

-Hah, Doorman's not much of a threat. His Teleport is so insanely limited that he can only 'port people from one room to the next by acting as a "door", which isn't even really an offensive ability (his dimension-porting stunts are basically just that, one-off things). And he can hover. He's a pathetic PL 6.5 offense, PL 5.5 defense, thanks only to having +7 be the modifier for his Teleport Attack's Reflex Save. He CAN 'port things through his body, though, making him an effective user of Insubstantial, when it comes down to it.

DOORMAN (DeMarr Davis)- Angel of Death
Created By:
John Byrne
Role: Team Teleporter, Joke Hero
PL 7 (112)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Arcane Lore) 2 (+2)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 3 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Gateway to the Darkforce Dimension"
"Window" Teleport 1 (Extras: Accurate, Affects Others Only +0, Attack 7) (Flaws: Limited to the Next Room) [9]
Insubstantial 4 [20]
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
Concealment 2 (Visuals) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Window +7 (+7 Teleport, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Reputation (Loser Hero)
Reputation (Disappointment to His Father)

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 49 / Defenses: 12 (112)

-Modern-day Doorman has a few side powers, including being able to Comprehend Spirits and be Invisible to mortals.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Doorman is pretty much the definition of "assist hero". On his own he can't really do anything, but he seems like he'd make a decent utility guy to aid his teammates. If you think about it, he should be able to phase most attacks through him, making him immune to any attack he can see coming. And being able to phase people through walls and the like would be really useful. Heck, in their fight with the Thunderbolts, Doorman came up with a solid use for his power by grappling with Mach-1 and placing his hands over Abe's faceplate. Flat-Man could then punch through Abe's armor and deck him right in the face. It was only Flat-Man's pathetic Str score that kept Abe in the fight.

Of the group, I could actually see Doorman "graduating" to another superhero team the easiest, and would be the most fun to come up with creative power stunts. Enemy behind a force field? Have Doorman get you through the field, or just let you blast your attacks through him into the field. Enemy wearing a suit of power armor? Have Doorman grapple him, only act as a door for the guy IN the suit and have him fall out of it. It'd be fun making his"useless" power super useful.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

SO! Statting these guys now, because I was working on the "G" names and came across Gravity and Grasshopper, both ATT-era builds, and saw that the GLA was also from way back there. And since ClayFighter was a more minor set, I figured I'd do a "bigger" set of guys first.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Why not Permeate for Doorman instead of Teleport?
Thorpocalypse

Re: Dinah Soar

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:08 pm Image

Curious how both Dinah and Marrina have that "Googly-dark-eyed monster woman" look, and yet hooked up with more normal-looking men.

DINAH SOAR
You HAVE met men, right?

Female. Check.

Heartbeat. Check.

Willing. Check.

Commence docking procedure. :D
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:18 am Why not Permeate for Doorman instead of Teleport?
Hm, might actually work- the cost is nearly the same. I'll check when I get home.
Jabroniville

Re: Dinah Soar

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:20 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:08 pm Curious how both Dinah and Marrina have that "Googly-dark-eyed monster woman" look, and yet hooked up with more normal-looking men.

DINAH SOAR
You HAVE met men, right?

Female. Check.

Heartbeat. Check.

Willing. Check.

Commence docking procedure. :D
Hah, yes- Though it's funny how John Byrne Created both of them.
Jabroniville

Big Bertha

Post by Jabroniville »

BIG BERTHA (Ashley Crawford)
Created By:
John Byrne
Role: The World's Only Plus-Size Female Superhero, Joke Hero
PL 8 (90)
STRENGTH
0/11 STAMINA 0/6 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+4)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Runway Model) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+4)
Insight 3 (+3)
Persuasion 2 (+4)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Advantages: 
Attractive, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Mass Shifting"
Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
Enhanced Strength 7 [14]
Enhanced Stamina 2 [4]
Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 5) [10]
Drawbacks: Loses Attractive [-1]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +0 (+11 Bertha Form, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +2 (+8 Bertha), Will +5

Complications:
Reputation (Loser Hero)
Responsibility (Must Barf Up Added Mass to Revert)- Ashley must vomit up the mass she summons to become Big Bertha.
Secret (Ashley Crawford)- Big Bertha hides the fact that she is actually a beautiful runway supermodel.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 14 (90)

-Big Bertha's the Team Powerhouse of the Great Lakes team, and has the funny side effect that she's actually a supermodel able to become super-poweredly fat at will. Like the rest of the team, she's a deliberate joke character, but actually pretty high level in terms of power- she's much stronger than, say, Luke Cage or Sunspot, both of whom are serious characters. Funniest thing about her was Deadpool's obsession with her- turns out the Merc With A Mouth loved Ashley... but only as BERTHA. Because her mounds of fat and rolls of flesh turned him on so, you see? She lectured him about being into her only due to her appearance, leading to Deadpool unmasking. His hideous visage, of course, made her throw up.

-Big Bertha's the highest PL of her team, but is still fairly cheap. I went with PL 8 because basically, she's a Class 50 Powerhouse, which means she does +11 Unarmed Damage by my own standard scale, and the only way to make her PL 7 is to give her an Attack Bonus of +3, which just seems insane. She's pretty much the only high-damage dealer of her team, so I think it fits, and it's not like she's super-elite anyways (this PL basically makes her on the level of your average Mutant Liberation Front member). She basically gets Growth combined with a few other boosts to gain her powers, but loses her Attractive.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Ares wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:47 pm It does make one wonder: what happens when Mr. Immortal is hurt, but not killed? If you break his arm, will it heal quickly, or will it just stay broken because it isn't a like threatening injury? And if the latter, if he's killed later, will the broken arm be fixed with the rest of him, or will only the lethal injury be taken care of?

It'd be funny to see him do his "worst you can do is kill me" schitck to someone like Bane, who proceeds to break his arms, legs and spine, retorting "That which does not kill you can still cripple you for life."
The official MU Wiki states Mr. Immortal's injuries heal at the normal human rate...but his body immediately "resets" to perfectly healthy and intact whenever he dies and then revives. So, ALL his wounds are repaired whenever he self-resurrects; Hollis is also intrinsically immune to infection, cancer (though Mr. Immortal will temporarily succumb to massive radiation exposure), and detrimental effects of aging. And yes, the ONLY reason he's a joke-character is because since Byrne abandoned the GLA, they've all been written that way. See, in their first appearances, they were all decently effective-Big Bertha went toe-to-toe with She-Hulk (late 1980s version, but still), Doorman and Flatman were skilled at "assist" roles (with Flatman good at goon-sweeping), and Mr. Immortal was really fit and agile (which makes sense-he could practice literally ANY dangerous stunt without hesitation), and a maniac after he first revived (OK, that was just Byrne ripping off the Lazarus Pit thing). Dinah Soar...I dunno, clearly Byrne has SOMETHING in mind for her, as JB even stated in an interview, but a lot of his Marvel ideas were just summarily discarded. Pretty much they just popped into the West Coast Avengers, helped out for awhile, then just disappeared.

But yeah, I share Jab's thoughts on the subject of "deliberately" stupid/silly characters-they are NEVER as funny as the writers seem to believe. Oddball heroes and villains CAN be amusing, but it has to derive from the personalities and situations-not "HA HA HA! See how ridiculous this costume/power-set is!!! Hilarious!"-uh, no, almost never. Also, with the GLA or the Substitute Legion (when Giffen did the "joke heroes" thing with them), readers basically have to ignore how in the real world having ANY of these super-powers would be pretty amazing-I mean, with the Subs, you had a human flamethrower (who could also inhale fires and squelch them), a kid who could make transparent objects (even liquids and gases) opaque and vice-versa, as well as create perfect camouflage, a girl with Superman-class strength and stamina in darkness...heck, even the one with the MOST useless power-turning into an immobile stone statue-was a tactical genius who knew how to block shots meant for his teammates.

The only writer who really milked the GLA for laughs was Dan Slott, who put Deadpool into the mix, but he actually has a talent for levity, which he displayed in his She-Hulk run (which coincided with the last era of mini-series for Marvel). He still treated the characters as worthwhile and warm, not just one-note punchlines.

All my best.
Jabroniville

Flatman

Post by Jabroniville »

FLATMAN (Dr. Val Ventura)
Created By:
John Byrne
Role: Stretchy Guy, Joke Hero
PL 7 (108)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Fashion) 4 (+7)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 6 (+9)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+7)
Expertise (Card Player) 8 (+11)
Perception 3 (+4)
Technology 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Ranged Attack, Set-Up, Teamwork 2, Ultimate Card Playing Skill

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Completely Flat"
Elongation 5 (250 feet) [5]
Immunity 5 (Falling Damage) [5]
Protection 2 [2]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 7) (Flaws: Limited to Physical Impacts) [8]

"Elongation Tricks"
"Origami-Fu- Thin Hands" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Reach 2, Penetrating 4) (9) -- [14]
  • AE: "Complex Lifting Structure" Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Lifting) (2)
  • AE: "Form Shapes" Morph (Shapes) 2 (Flaws: Limited to Simple Shapes) (Quirk: Retains Colours -1) (4)
  • AE: "Flat Sheet" Flight 2 (Flaws: Gliding) (2)
  • AE: "Malleable Form" Insubstantial 1 (Feats: Precise) (6)
  • AE: "Standing Sideways" Concealment (Visuals) 4 (Flaws: Limited to One Side, Partial) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Origami-Fu +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+6 vs. Physical Impacts), Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Reputation (Loser Hero)
Reputation (Gay)- But nobody really cares. Or is surprised.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 34 / Defenses: 12 (108)

-Flatman's basically a pastiche of Mr. Fantastic, but goofier. He was also my only chance to use the "Dimensional Control" Power in 2nd Edition (basically Alternate Form with with a new header- kinda redundant to be in the book, but what-ev). He's a bit stodgy, doesn't really seem to explain where his Doctorate comes from (he says he's a Doctor of "stuff" when asked), and various sources can't seem to agree on just how smart he IS (is he a total sham, or a passable physicist?). He's also a fashion expert (despite dressing like... well, Flatman), and has been revealed to be gay- but was one-upped when Mr. Immortal declared himself "Homo Supreme".

-Flatman's a pretty basic knock-off of Mr. Fantastic, but is the most expensive member of his team thus far. I chose to go with a passably-intelligent Flatman as opposed to a sham with a fake Doctorate, and reduced some of Reed's powers into a weak PL 6 combat, PL 7 defense variant. He's got Elongation in general, gaining a few side powers into an Array (Limited Morph, Flight, and Power-Lifting, alongside his Origami-Fu fighting style of using his flat hands as edged weapons). He's immune to visual detection if looked at sideways, is immune to falling damage (since he'd just float down), and is actually fairly difficult to hurt, as most stretchy guys are. It's a fair bit of powers, but he's still only a minor-league hero.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Grasshopper

Post by Jabroniville »

THE GRASSHOPPER I (Doug Taggert), THE GRASSHOPPER II (Neil Shelton)
Created By:
Dan Slott & Paul Pelletier (Taggert), Dan Slott & Ty Templeton (Shelton)
First Appearance: GLA #1 (March 2005- Taggert), GLX-Mas Special #1 (Dec. 2005- Shelton)
Role: Joke Hero, Recurring Dead Guy
PL 6 (36)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Pop Culture) 2 (+2)
Expertise (Roxxon Employee) 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Grasshopper Power Armour" (Flaws: Removable) [18]
Leaping 13 (8 miles) (13)
"Extreme Kick" Damage 6 (6)
Protection 1 (1)
"Insectroid Sensors" Senses 2 (Extended Vision, Danger Sense) (2)
-- (22 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Extreme Kick +5 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +0 (+1 Armour), Fortitude +0, Will +1

Complications:
Relationship (Cindy Shelton)- Doug had a crush on Cindy, who only had a thing for the Gregarious Grasshopper. Neil is actually her long-lost brother, and tried to avoid her advances.

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 4 (36)

-The Grasshopper was a recurring gag in the most recent Great Lakes series. The suit belonged to a Roxxon employee (who basically stole it), undergoing a Peter Parker/Superman-ish Love Triangle between a girl and his costumed identity, and he joined the GL-ers to be a super-hero. Then he died in his first mission (5.8 seconds after being let onto the GLA), being killed by a sai thrown by Zaran the Weaponmaster, as he chucked it through Doorman. Yeah, ZARAN killed him. A second one joined the team, and used a Maximum Jump on the legs... and ended up in the stratosphere, dying. A third appeared in three panels, having his neck snapped by Deadpool in the third. A fourth was actually a Skrull during Secret Invasion. You get the idea. Just a gag.

-The Grasshopper Armour is an incredibly crappy device (no Strength? No Armour beyond +1?), meant to be used by jokes. The Kick is quite effective, but most every guy who's used the armour is basically a PL 5.5 guy AT-BEST, so they don't get the most use out of it. It leaps, and that's about it (one Leap propelled a suit into space, but that's a one-off kinda thing).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Out of curiosity/insanity, I decided to place down when I build most of my Non-Marvel Sets, for the purposes of re-posting them or re-working them someday:

BUILDS FROM THE PAST:
8 YEARS:
2 months: Invincible (2nd Edition)

7 YEARS:
Goodfellas

6 YEARS:
9 months: Lupin III
5 months: Godzilla
4 months: OZ, Dinosaurs, Mooks
3 months: Care Bears

5 YEARS:
8 months: Casablanca, Astro City, DC Animated Universe
1 month: Gargoyles
0 months: Captain Scarlet

4 YEARS:

10 months: Rome
8 months: Mortal Kombat, Disney
6 months: Primal Rage
5 months: Mario Bros., WWF WrestleMania, The Head, Little Shop of Horrors
4 months: He-Man, Visionaries
3 months: The Legion of Super-Heroes, The Legion of Super-Villains, Preacher, Hitman

3 YEARS:
11 months: The Teen Titans, The Hangmen
8 months: Killer Instinct, Eternal Champions, World Heroes, The Princess Bride, Beavis & Butt-Head, Daria, Weapons
6 months: The Simpsons
2 months: Art of Fighting
0 months: Fatal Fury, Cheers, Frasier

2 YEARS:
9 months: Dino Riders
8 months: JLA, JSA, DC Universe
4 months: The Book of Mormon, Animal Builds
3 months: Sherlock
2 months: COPS, Jem & The Holograms, Monster High, WWF Immortals
0 months: Downton Abbey, Avatar, Pushing Daisies, The Powerpuff Girls, Star Wars

1 YEAR:
10 months: Ever After High, G.I. Joe
8 months: Dragon Ball Z, Sinbad
6 months: King of the Hill
4 months: Avengers- Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Transformers
2 months: Captain Planet, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Video Games
0 months: Final Fight, Archie Comics

0 YEARS:
10 months: Dungeons & Dragons

Some interesting things:
* I didn't realize M&M 3rd Edition had been around for SEVEN YEARS by this time. GR slowed their output to a trickle immediately after it came out, resulting in a one-year-gap almost. The early days featured a lot of "outside" things like OZ, Care Bears, Lupin III, etc. Anything inside of five years feels a little too... RECENT... to be touching again. I mean, some concepts are new to me (like some Fighting Game moves), but my opinion on the Mortal Kombat franchise hasn't really changed enough to warrant anything beyond "spam re-posting".