Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Alexander Flynn

Post by Jabroniville »

ALEXANDER FLYNN
Created By:
Ann Nocenti & Don Perlin
First Appearance: Beauty and the Beast #1 (December 1984)
Role: Mind Controller, Manipulator
Group Affiliations: The Gladiators
PL 8 (105)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+7)
Expertise (Military) 1 (+4)
Perception 1 (+4)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Powersuit" (Flaws: Removable) [16]
Protection 5 (5)
"Wrist-Blasters" Blast 7 (Feats: Split) (15)
-- (20 points)

"Hypnosis" Affliction 6 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Perception-Ranged +2, Cumulative) (Flaws: Vision-Dependent) [18]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3 (+8 Powersuit), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Taking Over Latveria)

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 34 / Defenses: 6 (105)

-Flynn had Hypnotic powers, but at a low enough level that he required will-sapping drugs to leave others more vulnerable to his commands. He claims to be the son of Victor von Doom, though Doom refused to acknowledge this, and exiled the boy and his mother. Flynn now seeks to take over Latveria, using Mutant Gladiators as foot soldiers. He had his partner killed and took control, but several Gladiators switched sides and allied with Dazzler & The Beast against him. Flynn was booted out of the organization, but returned later to take it back over... however, this was while he was an illusion created by the Shadow King. It's not known what became of Flynn, though so minor a character isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. Might make for a fun one-off Doom foe, though. He also wore an armored battlesuit that had Wrist-Blasters.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

General Wo

Post by Jabroniville »

GENERAL WO
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Tales of Suspense #61 (Jan. 1965)
Role: Forgotten Foe
Group Affiliations: Vietnam
PL 8 (71)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Expertise (Military Dictator) 6 (+7)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Persuasion 1 (+4)

Advantages: 
Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Startle

Powers:
"Fatty-Fatty Boombalatty" Features 1: Increased Mass 1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Power)- General Wo is a Dictator.
Vulnerable (Falling Damage)- Wo's sheer size means that a simple fall from more than six feet is all that it would take to beat him, apparently.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 8 (71)

-General Wo is a strange one-shot Captain America foe, from WAY back in the mid-1960s, created to be a guy who threatened Cap during a mission into Vietnam. Why a Vietnamese General was as SUMO I couldn't tell you, but foreigners being taught the sport isn't unknown (though would certainly have been very rare in the late 1960s). Wo utilizes near-superhuman strength (throwing a stone statue), and threatens Cap adequately, but Cap beats him. Years later, Gru (who else?) would use Wo as an opponent for Cap (disguised as Crossbones)- the real Crossbones had made a deal with Batroc a year prior that he could beat "any five guys" Batroc sent against him, leading Steve to have to deal with the mess- he beats Mad Dog, Ramrod, General Wo, Razorfist (hilariously-quickly- simply dodging one shot and kicking him) and Batroc himself, in one of Cap's better "Good Showings" as far as being an unarmed fighter goes (he was sans Shield, naturally).

-So is an impressive specimen, but nothing a modern-day superhero can't really handle- he specializes in grappling and bulk. Wo is a tremendous threat to a PL 10-ish Cap in the '60s, but an unarmed Cap manages to defeat him in more-modern times ("modern" being more than twenty years ago, because I am now old) by using some uncharacteristic Crossbones-like tactics, clamping down with a vicious chokehold while the General squashes him through sheer mass, then tossing his fat ass out of the ring.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gravity! The Grapplers! Grog! Gambit!)

Post by Ares »

Gambit is revealed to be a clone of Mr. Sinister. He is also shown to have the DNA of Scott Summers (DNA to give him mutant abilities) spliced in with his original unaltered human DNA, making him the clone son of one of the X-Men's most persistent enemies (and genetic brother of Scott and Alex Summers).
Oh what fresh Hell is this? Really? He couldn't just be a Louisiana mutant?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Grotesk

Post by Jabroniville »

... okay, I guess he's gigantic, too. Might have to edit him.

GROTESK (Prince Gor-Tok II)
Created By:
Roy Thomas & Don Heck
First Appearance: X-Men #41 (Feb. 1967)
Role: Unused '60s Villain
Group Affiliations: None
PL 10 (167)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Subterranean Royal) 3 (+10)
Expertise (Science) 5 (+12)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+7)
Technology 6 (+13)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Advantages: 
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attac, Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
"Subterranean Physiology" Senses 1 (Infravision) [1]
"Messed-Up Brain" Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) [20]

"Friggin' Huge"
Reach 1 [1]
Features 1: Increased Mass [1]

"Costume's Metal Studs" (Flaws: Removable) [19]
"Stone-Hard Mist" Create 8 Linked to Concealment 2 (Visuals) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud) (22) -- (23 points)
"Energy Absorption" Deflect 10 (20)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Destroying the Surface World)- His own race destroyed by human atomic testing, Grotesk now hates the world.

Total: Abilities: 90 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 9 (167)

-Grotesk is one of those weird guys created back in a "Filler" issue of X-Men, back when Roy Thomas was given this forgettable, cast-off book of unpopular characters. His origin's pretty classic "Silver Age"- there's of COURSE an underground society of warlike humanoids. Underground atomic explosions exterminated every member of his race except for him- Prince Gor-Tok, mutated by the bombings himself, declared war on the human race. He finds and fights the X-Men, doing the unthinkable by KILLING PROFESSOR XAVIER, changing the book forever. Or until the writers got tired of the trick, and explained away his demise by revealing that The Changeling had been mimicking Charles for months.

-Grotesk is thought-dead in the same explosion that killed Changeling, only to reappear ten years later in Ms. Marvel. He fought her a few times, built some Death Weapon, and found himself sucked inside a dimensional vortex. He returns in 1991, this time allied with Tyrannus and the Mole Man in a coalition of Subterranean beings attacking the Deviants and the surface world. His team falls apart, but he plans to destroy the ENTIRE EARTH, but is stopped by Living Lightning. He later shows up fighting Thor, but is killed in the ensuing battle. His last appearance was fighting Nightcrawler after his followers empowered his spirit, but Kurt managed to get his spirit to dissipate.

-Grotesk is fairly powerful and incredibly deranged (his speech bubbles are oddly blocky and yellow-coloured), and can even fight THOR for a time. The Metal Studs on his costume may be Plot Device-centric (his Marvunapp biographer goes into great depths trying to figure out that his "death-cheating" may be a part of his Studs).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:50 am
Gambit is revealed to be a clone of Mr. Sinister. He is also shown to have the DNA of Scott Summers (DNA to give him mutant abilities) spliced in with his original unaltered human DNA, making him the clone son of one of the X-Men's most persistent enemies (and genetic brother of Scott and Alex Summers).
It's Claremont- Byrne called it "Claremontitis" for a reason- "No one is EVER normal".
Jabroniville

Geirrodur

Post by Jabroniville »

GEIRRODUR
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Journey Into Mystery #101 (Feb. 1964)
Role: Troll King
Group Affiliations: The Trolls of Asgard

-Geirrodur is a Rock Troll who wields an Uru spear named Tordenstok, and was placed on the Troll Throne millennia ago by Loki. He designed some drilling machines that, thanks to Uru metal on their scoops & bits, could bore holes into other dimensions. He has tried to conquer Asgard several times, and was once usurped by Ulik. He's pretty strong (most Trolls are at least Class 25), and has some vague magical power. He's a "genius" among Trolls, but is only slightly smarter than the average human.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ares wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:50 am
I'm hip. Terrible. And I STILL loves me some Gambit so I'm going to pretend that never happened. Much like DC is trying to do with Conner Kent. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

General Woo reminds me of the Commisar that the early Avengers, Cap's Kooky Quartet fought. Any connections?

Grotesk was a good villain for the 1960's and for the young X-Men slowly ramping up in power. For the time period, I thought Prof X' "death" was quite imaginative. And I always liked how only Jean was in on the secret.
Jabroniville

Gormuu

Post by Jabroniville »

GORMUU
Created By:
John Byrne
First Appearance: The Fantastic Four #271 (Oct. 1984)
Role: Huge Monster, Wannabe Conqueror
PL 11 (144)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 14 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Science) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 8 (+8, +12-18 Size)
Technology 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
Growth 8 (Str & Sta +8, +8 Mass, +4 Intimidation, -4 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -8 Stealth) -- (24 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [17]
Growth +12 (Flaws: Limited to Sheer Size, Intimidation & Reach Only) [12]

"Supreme Durability"
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 19) [21]
Immunity 20 (Energy Damage) [20]
Regeneration 4 [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +16 (+10 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +6

Complications:
Involuntary Transformation (Hugeness)- Gormuu grows whenever struck by energy, but does not gain mass. This means that he does not gain the additional advantages of Growth, such as higher stats. If hit with too much, he will disperse atomically.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 74 / Defenses: 15 (144)

-Gormuu was retconned into the FF's history by John Byrne, who created him as a Kirby-Monster-Homaging foe for a pre-Mr. Fantastic Reed Richards, who had to use his head to overcome Gormuu's high resistance, which allowed him to be unaffected by every weapon used against him. Gormuu flew in a spacecraft down to Earth (which, remember, had very few superhuman defenders post-WWII and pre-FF), and decided that humanity would be easy to conquer- Reed caused him to disperse across the universe. He's durable enough to take almost any kind of damage used by Earth weapons (though a nuke would probably work), and is smart enough to fly around the cosmos in a spaceship.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Geirrodur

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:36 am ImageImage

GEIRRODUR
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Journey Into Mystery #101 (Feb. 1964)
Role: Troll King
Group Affiliations: The Trolls of Asgard

-Geirrodur is a Rock Troll who wields an Uru spear named Tordenstok, and was placed on the Troll Throne millennia ago by Loki. He designed some drilling machines that, thanks to Uru metal on their scoops & bits, could bore holes into other dimensions. He has tried to conquer Asgard several times, and was once usurped by Ulik. He's pretty strong (most Trolls are at least Class 25), and has some vague magical power. He's a "genius" among Trolls, but is only slightly smarter than the average human.
See, this right here? This is what I love about comics. A rock troll using a magi-tech drill machine with an Uru drill to tunnel into other dimensions. That is AWESOME.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Geist

Post by Jabroniville »

GEIST (Nicholas Geist)
Created By:
Archie Goodwin
First Appearance: Wolverine #17 (Nov. 1989)
Role: Ex-Nazi In Hiding
Group Affiliations: The Nazi Party, The CIA
PL 8 (91)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (History) 3 (+8)
Expertise (Government Agent) 7 (+12)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+9)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+5)
Technology 5 (+10)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages: 
Equipment 5 (Removable Weapons), Ranged Attack 4

Equipment:
"Removable Hand/Weapons"
"Pistol" Blast 5 (10)
"Razor" Strength-Damage +2 (2)
"Tranquilizer Darts" Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Razor +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Pistol +8 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Tranquilizer Darts +8 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +3, Will +5

Complications:
Reputation (Nazi War Criminal)- Geist has managed to avoid prosecution for his crimes thanks to the benefits he could offer the United States, but there are still those out there who wish revenge on behalf of those who suffered thanks to him.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (91)

-Geist (German for "ghost") is a little-known Wolverine villain- he was an advisor for Adolf Hitler during World War II, and gave his boss ideas on how to properly-run the concentration camps. To escape punishment for war crimes, he helped German rocket sciences in the American space program (a LOT of Nazi & Japanese war criminals escaped punishment doing stuff like that), then moved to South America (ditto). Geist began trying to create Super-Soldiers for a dictator from Tierra Verde, which is how he came across Wolverine- he was experimenting on people using cocaine, including Wolverine's villain Roughouse. Logan decided to spring his old enemy, cutting off Geist's metal shell and leaving him to die. Geist was saved by some dark CIA operatives... at which point he was discovered by Magneto. Turns out, Magneto's still bothered by that whole "Holocaust" thing. Geist was executed by the Master of Magnetism off-panel. Now that's what I call a happy ending!

-Geist is intelligent and resourceful, but lacks major super-powers- his Cyborg nature is more to keep him alive than empower him. His only "gear" is a hand that can be replaced with various "small arms" weapons. I'd imagine a man with his kind of past is great at general knowledge and secrecy.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gravity! The Grapplers! Grog! Gambit! Grotesk!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Magneto was lucky that Geist didn't have a wooden gun attachment.. (Seriously, this has to be Magneto's most embarrasing moment ever. I can't think of something worse.)
Horsenhero

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gravity! The Grapplers! Grog! Gambit! Grotesk!)

Post by Horsenhero »

KorokoMystia wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:43 pm Magneto was lucky that Geist didn't have a wooden gun attachment.. (Seriously, this has to be Magneto's most embarrasing moment ever. I can't think of something worse.)
Wow...I think his greatest weakness is actually having to spout the dialogue they gave him. That dialogue would've been tough for Captain Kirk to deliver with a straight face.
Jabroniville

Ma Gnucci

Post by Jabroniville »

MA GNUCCI (Isabella Carmela Magdalena Gnucci)
Created By:
Garth Ennis & Steve Dillon
First Appearance: The Punisher #4 (July 2000)
Role: Evil Crimeboss
Group Affiliations: The Gnucci Crime Family, The Mafia
PL 2 (39)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 0 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 8 (+11)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Perception 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit 4 (Wealth & Status), Contacts

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness +0, Fortitude +0, Will +5

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed)
Enemy (Frank Castle- The Punisher)
Disabled (Old & Crippled)- Ma is quite elderly and in poor health- later on, she loses her limbs and scalp, lowering her Agility even further.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 6 (39)

-So when Garth Ennis & Steven Dillon took over Marvel's flagging Punisher franchise, the first thing they did... was to make it as similar to Preacher as humanly possible. Their Vertigo series was at this point a critical darling with a lot of hype (it hasn't aged QUITE so well, but I still dig it), and among the more well-thought-of parts was the bit with Jesse's mother's family- in particular his vicious Gran'ma Marie. So of course Frank Castle's first Big Bad in the new book would ALSO be a hideous, balding, gnarled-up old woman.

-The Punisher, upon returning to New York City from various dumb story-arcs (his "Angel" phase and such), announces his comeback by executing the three sons of Ma Gnucci, the head of the Gnucci Crime Family. She declares war on Frank, but he murders most of the people sent against him, then arranges for the other Gnuccis to meet him in the Central Park Zoo- Ma is scalped and has her limbs removed by a Polar Bear. Mauled, but alive, she continues the fight, sending more and more people against Frank. Eventually, he burns her house down, throwing her back into it to die after she leaps out and tries to gnaw on his leg... which is quite similar to Gran'ma's death in Preacher, too. The character was memorable enough to have a nephew try to kill Frank later, and for some doubles to mimic her in order to vex the Punisher because of some guy named "The Elite".

-Ma Gnucci has little in the way of stats, but is quite clever and connected- a pretty good "Big Bad", and proof the memorable ones don't always have to be giant bad-asses.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Garko

Post by Jabroniville »

GARKO THE MAN-FROG
Created By:
Steve Gerber & Frank Brunner
First Appearance: The Giant-Size Man-Thing #4 (May 1975)
Role: Retcon Character
Group Affiliations: The Kid Commandos, V-Battalion, Penance Council
PL 6 (81)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Intimidation 5 (+4)
Perception 5 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 1

Powers:
"Frog Physiology"
Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]
"Pretty Big" Reach [1]
Features: Increased Mass [1]

"Amphibious"
Swimming 4 [4]
Immunity 1 (Drowning) [1]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications: 
Motivation (Taking Over The World)- He only decides to do this after realizing it will allow him to get rid of his enemies, whoever they are.
Involuntary Transformation (Regular Frog)- Garko will inevitably transform into a regular frog mere minutes after drinking the juice that gave him super-powers.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 9 (81)

-Garko was created as a foe of Howard the Duck- he was initially just some strange man sitting on a stoop, promising to conquer the world using a jar of juice. No explanation was ever given as to what this WAS, or where he found it, but he was convinced he could take over the world. Of course, he wasn't sure if that's what he really WANTED, either. He eventually decided on it, and then came "afoul" (ComicVine uses that word; so will I) of an angry Howard the Duck, who takes him out via a board with a nail in it. Garko's juice-drinking eventually mutated him further into a regular frog- he was then run over by an automobile.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.