Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
scc

Re: Garko

Post by scc »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:48 am Image

GARKO THE MAN-FROG
Created By:
Steve Gerber & Frank Brunner
First Appearance: The Giant-Size Man-Thing #4 (May 1975)
Role: Retcon Character
Group Affiliations: The Kid Commandos, V-Battalion, Penance Council
PL 7 (81)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Intimidation 5 (+4)
Perception 5 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 1

Powers:
"Frog Physiology"
Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]
"Pretty Big" Reach [1]
Features: Increased Mass [1]

"Amphibious"
Swimming 4 [4]
Immunity 1 (Drowning) [1]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications: 
Motivation (Taking Over The World)- He only decides to do this after realizing it will allow him to get rid of his enemies, whoever they are.
Involuntary Transformation (Regular Frog)- Garko will inevitably transform into a regular frog mere minutes after drinking the juice that gave him super-powers.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 9 (81)

-Garko was created as a foe of Howard the Duck- he was initially just some strange man sitting on a stoop, promising to conquer the world using a jar of juice. No explanation was ever given as to what this WAS, or where he found it, but he was convinced he could take over the world. Of course, he wasn't sure if that's what he really WANTED, either. He eventually decided on it, and then came "afoul" (ComicVine uses that word; so will I) of an angry Howard the Duck, who takes him out via a board with a nail in it. Garko's juice-drinking eventually mutated him further into a regular frog- he was then run over by an automobile.
I think I seen a picture of it before but I don't know anything about Garko. But Garko seems awesome and now I have to find out more about him. I love goofy monster characters.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gambit! Grotesk! Ma Gnucci! Golems! Graviton!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, the "G"s have a lot of oddball villains like that. A lot of names I've been curious about since Spectrum compiled The List about three years ago. It's actually a bit weird to have finished so many of them now.
scc

Post by scc »

I could only imagine. I can't remember what was on Spectrum's list.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:02 pm I could only imagine. I can't remember what was on Spectrum's list.
My to-do list is on the front page links, but is pretty dated. I should go through that again, but I think all the non-linked names are from that list.

The List
Jabroniville

Quantum

Post by Jabroniville »

QUANTUM (Lomen)
Created By:
Steve Englehart & Al Milgrom
First Appearance: West Coast Avengers #12 (Sept. 1986)
Role: Forgotten Alien Villain
Group Affiliations: The Elect, The Unified Field Theory
PL 10 (302)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9)
Expertise (Alien Soldier) 6 (+7)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
"Dakkamite Physiology"
Flight 12 (8,000 mph) [24]
Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) [4]

Impervious Toughness 9 [9]
Immunity 20 (Life Support, Solar-Based Effects) [20]
Senses 4 (Detect Gravity- Ranged 3) [4]
"Ultra-Fast Teleportation" Teleport 1 (Feats: Change Direction) [3]

Duplication 11 (Extras: Active, Horde, 16 Minions +8) (132) -- [133]
  • AE: "Sheath of Flames" Flame Aura 6 (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Flame Aura +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +4

Complications: 
Weakness (Lack of Solar Radiation)- If Quantum is left without sunlight upon which to draw his powers, he will be rendered unconscious- such a thing happened when Hawkeye used a Smoke Arrow to block out the sun.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 197 / Defenses: 10 (302)

QUANTUM DUPLICATES
Role:
Summoned Minions
PL 9 (165)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Expertise (Alien Soldier) 6 (+7)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
"Dakkamite Physiology"
Flight 12 (8,000 mph) [24]
Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) [4]

Impervious Toughness 9 [9]
Immunity 20 (Life Support, Solar-Based Effects) [20]
Senses 4 (Detect Gravity- Ranged 3) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Flame Aura
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +4

Complications: 
Weakness (Lack of Solar Radiation)- If Quantum is left without sunlight upon which to draw his powers, he will be rendered unconscious- such a thing happened when Hawkeye used a Smoke Arrow to block out the sun.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 61 / Defenses: 10 (165)

-This guy's so obscure that after his debut, only MARK GRUENWALD really used him- He's a Dakkamite who gained his powers from his proximity to Earth's sun... wait, what? Yeah, he's a parody/pastiche of DC's Superman & Daxamite concept, but as a villain who we only saw a couple times before he vanished. And like most obscure alien characters, he appears in The Stranger's lab in an issue of Gru's Quasar. There, it turns out that he was given powers deliberately, placed in a power capsule years ago by the Dakkamites, hoping to see what super-powers he and nine others would gain- the others were abducted earlier and gained lesser powers, calling themselves the Power Platoon. Quantum mind-controlled Wundarr the Aquarian (himself a Dakkamite, and the reason why Quantum & his allies had been empowered in the first place; he was the first one who went to Earth and gained powers) and faced the Avengers West Coast again, but fled when the Platoon abandoned him.

-Quantum's got super-strength and a few other weird powers as well, and I have no idea how strong he's supposed to have been. Thankfully, I actually have read issues with this guy in them now, so I have a better idea as to what he's supposed to be like.

-So he's PL 10 (214), being very expensive and having a few odd powers- he's a Flying Brick with an Aura.. and Duplication? Yeah, they made a Class whatever (strong enough to hurt '80s Wonder Man & Iron Man) guy who could DUPLICATE himself.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jabroniville

Halflife

Post by Jabroniville »

HALFLIFE (Banca Rech)
Created By:
Role: Forgotten Alien Lady, Unique-Powered Villain
Group Affiliations: The Unified Field Theory
PL 10 (157)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+10)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (History) 4 (+7)
Intimidation 9 (+9)
Perception 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Disintegration & Weaken) 4 (+10)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Improved Aim, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Drain Half the Life of a Target" Powers Linked
Affliction 10 (Fort; Fatigued & Impaired/Exhausted & Defenseless/Incapacitated & Transformed to Older) (Extras: Extra Condition, Cumulative, Sustained +2) (Flaws: Instant Recovery) [40]
"Disintegration" Blast 10 (Flaws: Limited to Inorganic Materials) Linked to Weaken Toughness 10 (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Inorganic Materials) (20) -- [21]
  • AE: Weaken Stamina 8 (8)
Immunity 12 (Her Own Powers, Heat, Heat & Radiation Damage) [12]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Age Effect +10 (+10 Affliction, DC 25)
Disintegration +10 +(10 Ranged Damage & Weaken, DC 25 & 20)
Weaken +10 (+10 Weaken, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Power Loss (Half Remaining Life)- Halflife's powers will only take "Half" of the victim's remaining life. This is horrible at first- 20-year-olds will be transformed to their 50s or 60s- but once they're 60, they'll only age another ten years or so. In other words, her powers are slightly less effective with each passing use.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 73 / Defenses: 14 (157)

-Like Quantum, I only found out about this lady while looking up stuff on Graviton, which led me to her. She's basically some alien who can drain half the lifespan of her victims ("Half their life"... "Halflife"... I'm not making this up, I swear), and wiped out her entire race with it. WHY she did this is not mentioned on Wikipedia, so I'll just assume she's crazy. She joined Graviton on his "Unified Field Theory" team (just rolls off the tongue, don't it?), representing the "weak force", which is a concept totally understood by all comics fans. She was easily fooled by Tigra into believing that her teammates were going to kill her, so she attacked them, was KO'd, and sent into space, allowing Quasar to dump her into The Vault. Presumably she's still there... or wherever they stuck people once The Vault was closed or blown up or whatever.

-Hey, look- I built and Aging effect! This was a point of contention of fellow builder Pamela Isley (the fact that the game lacked one), and 3e officially handles it beautifully in my opinion- curious how Pamela still hates 3e (especially it's Affliction power), since this was like her main thing (that and the "Lethal Damage" thing) with 2e. It's really just an Affliction effect that can slow people down AND Transform them, as well as Weakening their Stamina. Considering that you can turn someone into a non-powered FROG with "Transform", transforming them into a senior citizen still fits. It's Continuous because it's permanent unless she's KO'd fairly quickly, falling under the "reasonable method of changing back" rule the power requires with that Extra (as well as the Instant Recovery Flaw). I'm mostly unfamiliar with the rest of this character, but we have a sorta-Blaster/Transformer type PL 10 build that's slightly over-cost.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Old Commentary from others surrounding Graviton, from when I posted him in 2014 (this version's the same, plus some new commentary surrounding the Thunderbolts appearance I've read):
Ares wrote:Thunderbolts really played up Graviton as a major threat. There's this iconic scene of him mentally supporting most of the world's heroes helpless in the air while he does a half dozen other things, and he casually slaughtered most of the replacement T-Bolts sent against him. I remember one particularly nasty scene where the Ringer's wife climbed into this giant sized Beetle armor, only for Graviton to casually crumple the entire thing into a purple and and green baseball sized sphere of metal. Just . . . damn. They pushed him a bit too much, but he works great as this Magneto class bad guy, though they usually settled for giving him Sentry-like feet of clay.

And yeah, the A:EMH fight with Graviton was just NUTS. It showcased something you rarely see in animated series these days: groups of heroes fighting the villain using team work. It's something Justice League never really quite got right.
Horsenhero wrote:To me Graviton just suffers from "lame personality syndrome". He is AWESOME in scope and if the writer can keep from going too nuts with his power, he's an actual team level threat. He should be more powerful than Magneto on the whole, since many of the ways Magneto has been beaten just shouldn't work on this guy.

The fact that Franklin Hall is a little bit of the nutty professor, making the most effective way of fighting him, jerking him around with interaction skills is great. He's not particularly weak of will, but gullible? His picture is next to the word in the dictionary.

yeah, I'd put him up there with Ultron, the Nth man and powered up Count Nefaria as a true team level threat, just above plot device thingamabob free Thanos and below Michael Korvac.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gladiators! Gambit! Belladonna! Grotesk! Ma Gnucci!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:56 am Here's a decent summary of the issue: http://warren-peace.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... ng-is.html
Oh, neat. Cute story. Turns out the guy has a LOT of issue summations of the Groo comic, too. Is that collected anywhere?

(I also like how Sergio makes the men and ugly women into weird, hipless cartoon characters, but all the hot chicks are just standard-issue hotties :))
Jabroniville

The Grinder

Post by Jabroniville »

THE GRINDER (Brute Bashby)
Created By:
Michael Fleisher & Steve Leiahola
First Appearance: Spider-Woman #26 (May 1980)
Role: One-Shot Villain
Group Affiliations: None
PL 6 (67)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Throwing Blades- Blast 4- Diminished Range -1), Ranged Attack

Powers:
"Grinder Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [20]
"Rotary Blade" Flight 5 (60 mph) (10)
"Blade Strike" Damage 7 (Extras: Multiattack) (14)
-- (24 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Blade Strike +5 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Throwing Blade +5 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +1

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 7 (67)

-Bashby is a criminal-for-hire who's working for a newspaper publisher who wants Bashby, as "Grinder", to commit pre-planned crimes and warn his paper beforehand so they can get the "scoop". He robs a coin exhibit, but he's soon trapped by Spider-Woman, the plan a failure. He gets out of prison and is then beaten by The Man Called Nova. He's strictly a small-time loser (I mean, just look at him), though that Saw is pretty nasty.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Jack Kirby

Post by Jabroniville »

JACK KIRBY (Jacob Kurtzberg)
Created By:
Chris Bachalo
First Appearance: Deadpool's Secret Wars #1 (Nov. 2015)
Role: Odd Rip-Off Character
Group Affiliations: Mercenary Organization Dedicated Only To Killing
PL 3 (45)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Writer) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Artist) 14 (+16)
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Ultimate Artist

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (Temper)- Jack had a bit of a temper on him, and could lash out verbally with little provocation.
Rivalry (Stan Lee)- Jack always had a cantankerous relationship with "Stanley" (as he always called him). Stan was considered a credit-hound, while Jack felt taken for granted. Stan taking Jack's creation, The Silver Surfer, and turning the character 100% into his own thing always irked Jack, who promised himself to "never let another Silver Surfer" get away from him again.
Motivation (Creators' Rights)- Jack felt unfairly ripped-off by the comic book industry, which made fortunes off of characters he'd helped create. He fought Marvel off-and-on for years over this, and carried a big grudge (Steve Ditko once had to end a long public silence in order to counter Jack's claims of co-creating SPIDER-MAN as well).
Relationship (Rosalind "Roz" Goldstein)- The two got engaged on her eighteenth birthday, and stayed together until his death in 1994.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 6 (45)

THE KING:
-Scots Dragon recommended this shortly after she returned to my threads (and... shortly before she left again), and I figured it was a solid idea, being the man's birthday and all. Jack "King" Kirby, born and raised in New York and having developed a pretty tough-guy attitude towards life (his Biography, by longtime collaborator Mark Evanier, includes a charming bit where Jack confronts a pianist who was also courting Jack's eventual wife, making a point like "WOW- you sure are good with your hands! It'd be a real shame if someone were to smash your hands in this piano lid!"). He was one of the most-loved artists of the '40s, and his work being on a book (even uncredited) tended to increase sales.

-He and Joe Simon collaborated to make Captain America- the greatest "Patriot Hero" of all time- though soon left Marvel (then called Timely Comics) over Martin Goodman's legendary skinflint tendencies, and did more work at what became DC. He & Simon more or less created the genre of Romance Comics before Simon largely left the comics and Kirby became a collaborator of Stan Lee's, at which point the two forged "The Marvel Age"- Marvel's stuff got better and better, and the pair's work on the legendary Fantastic Four helped define an era. Jack's bombastic, crazy, EPIC art combined with Stan's trademark dialogue, personal problems and introspection to make comic book perfection.

Jack Bails:
-Despite the acclaim, however, Jack always felt like he was being treated unfairly. Given that the owners had NEVER really treated the talent fairly in the history of comic books, this is a pretty fair claim. However, Jack was also irritated at the attention Stan got- Stan was a notorious credit-hound, drew attention to himself like a moth to flame, had a wild charisma about him, and was seen as the "leader" of Marvel Comics (as well as being the nephew of the owner- Goodman). Jack, a less-charismatic, grouchier character, was never gonna get that kind of credit. Numerous little things (a Rolling Stone interview depicted Stan coming up with a lot of ideas and Jack wordlessly kind of tallying things up and leaving- a showcasing of "The Marvel Method" that nonetheless made Stan look like the instigator of everything) built up until he finally quit Marvel in a huff in 1970.

-Moving over to DC, Jack created his "Fourth World"- a concept of Gods & Goddesses that encapsulated a lot of stories he'd been saving up. Despite Jack's talent, though... the '70s were not kind. Ideas about what comic book art should look like had taken a turn with Neal Adams had become a big star with his Batman stuff, leaving Jack looking clunky and old-fashioned with his big, boxy figures in broad poses. That his writing was far beneath Stan Lee's did not help- DC BEGGED him to get a co-writer, but Jack, still rankling over Stan's perceived glory-hogging, refused. His New Gods, iconic as they eventually became to DC, did not sell well, and the entire line failed- the numerous books were all cancelled before their time, leaving Jack's Magnum Opus a big disappointment.

-Jack, frustrated, eventually returned to Marvel in the 1970s (copying a lot of his Fourth World designs & concepts onto The Eternals, which was more of an explanation for how humanity had created its myths... unfortunately, Marvel stuck them into their OWN world, which already HAD those myths as actual fact), then moved on to TV animation and other things (his work can be seen on Thundarr the Barbarian. By the '80s, nobody was clamoring for his stuff anymore, but he was becoming increasingly involved in the nascent "Creators' Rights" movement. Feeling ripped off by Marvel, who was making millions off of ideas he'd created, Jack became a vocal critic, ripping into Stan and others with little provocation, but pointing out the many instances of unfair behavior, financial and otherwise (such as Marvel refusing to hand over many pages of original Kirby art). Suffice to say, Marvel and DC came out of this situation looking like assholes, but nothing ever REALLY got fixed in the industry- his heirs have since joined the armada of children of comic creators who've petitioned Marvel & DC for money and the rights to the characters, but this will probably never change anything, ever- modern artists have basically stopped rattling this particular saber, as it's not only hopeless, but it's better financially to just "play ball".

Jack's Legacy:
-Though Jack was largely a relic during his final years, he became a figurehead of the "Creators' Rights" movement, and is now considered among the greatest artists of all time. His sheer imagination was unparalleled in the industry, and pretty much everyone since confesses that he's one of their major influences- his work has thus been held to a higher standard than ANY of his contemporaries- Ditko gets some respect, but basically vanished in the mid-60s. Curt Swan and the others and DC looked hopelessly stodgy and old-fashioned compared to Kirby, and are also quite forgotten by today's standards. Only someone like Neal Adams is anywhere near his level, and no modern artist comes close in terms of being influential on the industry. His somewhat early death at 74 has left Stan Lee (now well into his nineties) as the sole "Credit-Grabber" of the Silver Age, however, especially now that he's doing cameos in all of the Marvel pictures, but everyone who ever worked with Jack spoke highly of him- even the men he constantly fought with (like Stan).

-The debate over "Stan vs. Jack- Who Did More?" has been waged for decades, with a lot of people unfairly classifying Stan as nothing but a glory-hound who stole all the credit he could find. Mark Evanier, Kirby's biographer and friend, openly protests this, pointing out Stan's distinctive character tics all over their work, Stan's comraderie with fans, his Editing of all the books, and his status as the Marvel Figurehead during the Silver Age all being key aspects of what made Marvel so successful. Stan also did phenomenal work with people who WEREN'T Jack- his Spider-Man didn't lose a beat between the shift from Steve Ditko to John Romita (though there were many thematic changes), for example. Now, Stan produced some really forgettable stuff without his top-line artists- his Daredevil and Iron Man stuff comes off much weaker, with many forgettable villains. The artists were better "Idea Guys" by far, especially Jack. But discluding Stan because of his perceived sins will always be a mistake, especially since Jack himself was so unfortunately-unsuccessful without him.

Jack's Stats:
-Really, it's tough to build real people. Jack's toughness was more of a suggestion than a thing- there's little reports of him ACTUALLY fighting people. His Presence is a bit low, as he was known as a bit of a grump and not that great with people, though everyone who worked with him spoke wonders as to his actual personality- he just lacked Stan's people skills. He was a Soldier, and is believed to have been a scout (sent out to map out enemy territory)- a pretty dangerous job.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

So posting Jack on his birthday was Badpenny's idea, and while she left almost as soon as she got here because her politics didn't match anyone's on here (and the others vocally said so :)), I figured it was a solid enough idea.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jack Kirby

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:52 pm Image

JACK KIRBY (Jacob Kurtzberg)
Youngblood also had a character that was supposed to be a "homage" to Jack Kirby, but was just your Standard Terrible 90s character, with his name.

Also, if you have a Stan Lee build, something funny would be the LEGO version of Stan Lee, who has, given that he's the creator (or co-creator, or not, depending on who you ask) of a bunch of characters, a lot of powers. As the LEGO Wiki says: "Stan Lee has over half of the in-game abilities. He can transform into a Big-Fig ("Stan Hulk"), and has the powers of Hulk, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Cyclops, Human Torch, Magneto, and Mister Fantastic, plus Telekinesis and mind control.

In LEGO Marvel Avengers, Stan has the powers of Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver; as well as possessing a S.H.I.E.L.D. scanner. He can also transform into an Iron Man-inspired suit (Iron Stan), as well as one based on the Hulkbuster (the Stanbuster)."

Also, while I was looking up characters in the Unapp, I discovered that Cardiac had a Mirror Image villain of his own, "Cardiaxe!" And is of course, a really edgy 90s kind of character.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I believe today would have been Jack "King"Kirby's 100th Birthday!

Yay to Jack!! :D
HalloweenJack

Re: Halflife

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:47 am ImageImage

HALFLIFE (Banca Rech)
Created By:
Role: Forgotten Alien Lady, Unique-Powered Villain
Group Affiliations: The Unified Field Theory
PL 10 (157)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+10)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (History) 4 (+7)
Intimidation 9 (+9)
Perception 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Disintegration & Weaken) 4 (+10)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Improved Aim, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Drain Half the Life of a Target" Powers Linked
Affliction 10 (Fort; Fatigued & Impaired/Exhausted & Defenseless/Incapacitated & Transformed to Older) (Extras: Extra Condition, Cumulative, Sustained +2) (Flaws: Instant Recovery) [40]
"Disintegration" Blast 10 (Flaws: Limited to Inorganic Materials) Linked to Weaken Toughness 10 (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Inorganic Materials) (20) -- [21]
  • AE: Weaken Stamina 8 (8)
Immunity 12 (Her Own Powers, Heat, Heat & Radiation Damage) [12]

Offense:
Age Effect +10 (+10 Affliction, DC 25)
Disintegration +10 +(10 Ranged Damage & Weaken, DC 25 & 20)
Weaken +10 (+10 Weaken, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Power Loss (Half Remaining Life)- Halflife's powers will only take "Half" of the victim's remaining life. This is horrible at first- 20-year-olds will be transformed to their 50s or 60s- but once they're 60, they'll only age another ten years or so. In other words, her powers are slightly less effective with each passing use.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 73 / Defenses: 14 (157)

-Like Quantum, I only found out about this lady while looking up stuff on Graviton, which led me to her. She's basically some alien who can drain half the lifespan of her victims ("Half their life"... "Halflife"... I'm not making this up, I swear), and wiped out her entire race with it. WHY she did this is not mentioned on Wikipedia, so I'll just assume she's crazy. She joined Graviton on his "Unified Field Theory" team (just rolls off the tongue, don't it?), representing the "weak force", which is a concept totally understood by all comics fans. She was easily fooled by Tigra into believing that her teammates were going to kill her, so she attacked them, was KO'd, and sent into space, allowing Quasar to dump her into The Vault. Presumably she's still there... or wherever they stuck people once The Vault was closed or blown up or whatever.

-Hey, look- I built and Aging effect! This was a point of contention of fellow builder Pamela Isley (the fact that the game lacked one), and 3e officially handles it beautifully in my opinion- curious how Pamela still hates 3e (especially it's Affliction power), since this was like her main thing (that and the "Lethal Damage" thing) with 2e. It's really just an Affliction effect that can slow people down AND Transform them, as well as Weakening their Stamina. Considering that you can turn someone into a non-powered FROG with "Transform", transforming them into a senior citizen still fits. It's Continuous because it's permanent unless she's KO'd fairly quickly, falling under the "reasonable method of changing back" rule the power requires with that Extra (as well as the Instant Recovery Flaw). I'm mostly unfamiliar with the rest of this character, but we have a sorta-Blaster/Transformer type PL 10 build that's slightly over-cost.

saaaaaaaaaaaaay
Jabroniville

Golden Girl (Ross)

Post by Jabroniville »

GOLDEN GIRL II (Elizabeth "Betsy" Ross)
Created By:
Joe Simon & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Captain America Comics #1 (March 1941)
Role: Girlfriend Character, Sidekick
Group Affiliations: The All-Winners Squad, Women's Auxiliary Army Corps.
PL 7 (78)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 1 (+5)
Athletics 4 (+6)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Expertise (Waitress) 2 (+3)
Expertise (FBI Agent) 6 (+7)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment (Bullet-Proof Cape- Defenses +2), Ranged Attack 5

Offense:
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (+10 Cape, DC 18-20), Parry +8 (+10 Cape, DC 18-20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications: 
Responsibility (The United States)- Betsy is a patriot, and defends the U.S. against her enemies- Germany and Japan.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 7 (78)

-Betsy Ross is a curiously-unknown character, given her link to one of Marvel's top stars- she was a secretary who was Steve Rogers' love interest WAY, WAY BACK in his debut issue, but upgraded herself to a Sidekick in 1947, replacing an injured Bucky. As The Golden Girl, she was basically the same type of character as Bucky (spunky sidekick, sometimes saves the day, often gets captured). This was later retconned into her being the replacement partner for the Jeffrey Mace Cap, having replaced Fred Davis, the second Bucky. She was also retconned into being the Aunt of Thunderbolt Ross. She & Mace were married in 1953, and retired from super-heroics for good.

-She's a mere PL 6 Unarmed, but hits PL 7 defensively with her Bullet-Proof Cape. And despite being the first Golden Girl, she is retroactively the second, since Roy Thomas introduced...
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.