Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Goldar

Re: Jab's Builds! (Golems! Graviton! Jack Kirby! Grey Gargoyle! Gwenpool!)

Post by Goldar »

Bladewind wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:34 am There was some semi decent backstory in there, but yeah, more or less the originals.

Ghost Rider was an alien and despised the Church of Truth which put him at odds with Replica.
Pheonix IX was used as a battery for Mainframe to contain his destructive might.
Firelord was Firelord.
Hollywood was Wonder Man, just with a full beard and white hair. He wore sunglasses because it was kewl.
Replica was a little more than changed Skrull. Her religious beliefs almost made her interesting.
Wasn't Hollywood mightier than when he was Wonder Man?

Phoenix IX speculated by some to be a descendant of Jean Grey. Slightly different Phoenix costume.
Jabroniville

Armory

Post by Jabroniville »

ARMORY (Violet Lightner)
Created By:
Dan Slott & Stefano Caselli
First Appearance: Avengers: The Initiative #1 (April 2007)
Role: The Wash-Out
Group Affiliations: None (Doesn't make it past basic)
PL 12 (107)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+5)
Perception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Soldier) 2 (+2)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"The Tactigon- Multi-Purpose Weapon"
Variable Power 10 [70]
(Common Powers: Blast 16/Penetrating, Line Damage 12, Snare 14; Swinging 2; Damage 12- Reach 4 & Penetrating, Force Field 7- Impervious)
"Sense Weakness" Senses 4 (Detect Powers, Ranged, Acute, Analytical) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +3 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Tactigon Strike +3 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Tactigon Blast +4 (+16 Ranged Damage, DC 31)
Tactigon Stream +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +1 (+8 Force Field), Fortitude +1, Will +1

Complications:
Phobia (Spiders)- When Trauma figures this out using his "Mimic Their Deepest Fear" Power, it... doesn't end well.
Secret (Was Suicidal)

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 74 / Defenses: 3 (107)

-Armory is barely even a character, so much as a writer's tool (heh heh, "tool"). She shows up as a somewhat dark-minded girl in the first Initiative story, freaks out when Trauma uses his power to turn into a gigantic spider (well, who wouldn't?), and her power goes Ape-Poop, resulting in one dead member of the team (M.V.P.), and a harsh early lesson in the book that nothing comes easy, and things aren't gonna be rosy for these new recruits (who are told by Gyrich that "this never happened"). She's found to be incapable of becoming a superhero, gets forcibly depowered (ie. they sever the thing from her arm via surgery), and booted out of The Initiative, with everyone forced to say nothing. She pops up a bit later, denying any events to a shrink, who confides to Gyrich that the girl isn't a tattletale and they can trust her. 

-Armory's pretty scary for a nobody character who never went anywhere, entirely thanks to The Tactigon (which has a huge trade-off, since she's so inaccurate), which is ridiculously powerful (enough so that she was able to take out Ultimo in basically one hit). It basically turns into "Whatever I need at any given time", which is almost like Nemesis Kid's "Whatever I Need" power, but is just Variable Power since all she or K.I.A. ever did with it was blow stuff up most of the time. 
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I liked Armory really. I thought she had more story potential and a better look than some of the characters that went farther in the story (Ultra Girl, Slapstick just to name a couple). Such is the way it goes though. They needed to put the Tactigon on KIA to have their uber powerful error in judgement later on.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I kinda liked how the early team was set up to show the issues with their program - you had an overpowered, dangerous rookie (Trauma); an unprepared, arrogant jumped-up nobody (Armory); someone who had no interest in the life but was forced into it (Cloud 9); some embittered experienced heroes forced into basic training (Rage, Slapstick); and someone more akin to a supervillain (Hardball). Plus day one training gets someone offed (MVP). Slott really chose his cast well.
Jabroniville

Cloud 9

Post by Jabroniville »

CLOUD 9 (Abigail "Abby" Boylen)
Created By:
First Appearance: Avengers: The Initiative #1 (March 2007)
Role: The Good Girl, The Reluctant Soldier
Group Affiliations: The Initiative, Freedom Force (Montana)
PL 8 (115)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+3)
Aerobatics 3 (+7)
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+5)
Perception 3 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+3)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Vehicles 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 3 (Pulse Rifle, Armour), Evasion, Improved Aim, Improved Defense, Move-By Action, Precise Attack (Ranged/Concealment), Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
"Gaseous Cloud" Flight 5 (60 mph) (Extras: Affects Others) (Flaws: Platform) [10]

"Suffocation" Affliction 7 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Sustained +2) (Inaccurate -1) (27) -- [28]
  • AE: "Cloud Cover" Concealment 2 (Visuals) (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 30ft. Shapeable, Independent- Fades on Its Own) (10)
Equipment:
"Pulse Rifle"
"Standard Shot" Blast 5 (10) -- (11 points)
"Sniper Shot" Blast 6 (Feats: Extended Range 2) (Flaws: Distracting) (8)
"Body Armour" Protection 2 (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Pulse Rifle +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Sniper Shot +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Suffocation +8 (+7 Ranged Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2 (+4 Body Armour), Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (The Avengers Initiative)
Motivation (A Normal Life)- Abby was just a normal girl who wanted to have fun with her cool, quirky powers. Instead she was attacked and forced into being a soldier, a move that has dehumanized her.
Guilt (Killer)- Abby was made a sniper thanks to her high accuracy, and has killed many people since then. 
Relationship (MVP)- Abby had a crush on her new teammate, who was immediately killed.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 38 / Defenses: 13 (115)

-Cloud 9 is probably my favourite Initiative character- she's just so CUTE! And I mean that in a "cute kid" sort of way, not an "I want to bang her" kind of way, honest (it's not that I think creepily-lusting over fictional images is WRONG... I just want to save it all for Cyclone. And Kitty Pryde. And Songbird. And Elsa). She starts off as a shy, awkward newbie (she averts the Most Common Superpower shared by Ultra & Thor Girl, for example) who just wants a Powers License so she can fly un-harassed by S.H.I.E.L.D. & War Machine, but upon witnessing M.V.P.'s death first-hand (as in FROM ONE FOOT AWAY), she shuts down a lot. She becomes the best shot using long-range weapons on the team, and starts becoming an active sniper for the Initiative. Eventually, that becomes her "thing" -- blasting people under cloud cover, and it starts to gnaw at her (the real military tends to make the least-emotional members snipers, rather than the best shots- they're among the few people in the army who know EXACTLY who and when they kill), especially as she's one of the few decent people left once Norman Osborn takes over. So it's kind of like a "Break the Cutie" in full-effect, though her subplot takes a backseat most of the time, especially with that awful skier-looking costume they gave her (replacing the ultra-cutesy "baggy fatigues with silly goggles" look). Thankfully they gave her a happy ending in her send-off, as she freely quits The Initiative post-Dark Reign and flies where she wants to, when she wants to. The look of joy on her face as she tears up her registration card and simply flies away is perfect.

-The character has popped up here and there in background shots, saving lives but refusing to be a full-time hero. She helped out during Fear Itself and Secret Empire, in fact.

-Cloud 9's actually pretty handy in a fight, but definitely can't take a punch (+4 Toughness may even be pushing it)- she effectively blinds many people (the effect will last without her say-so, fading like an Independent effect), guarding her allies as well, and she's a very good shot, making PL 8 in multiple ways. She's also used a Suffocate effect a couple of times, allowing her to bring down Elloe Kaifi of The Hulk's Warbound (who kicked Spider-Man & Iron Fist's asses, for comparison) one time, and nearly take out K.I.A. as well, so she's not totally limited. 
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Goldar wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:10 pm
Bladewind wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:34 am There was some semi decent backstory in there, but yeah, more or less the originals.

Ghost Rider was an alien and despised the Church of Truth which put him at odds with Replica.
Pheonix IX was used as a battery for Mainframe to contain his destructive might.
Firelord was Firelord.
Hollywood was Wonder Man, just with a full beard and white hair. He wore sunglasses because it was kewl.
Replica was a little more than changed Skrull. Her religious beliefs almost made her interesting.
Wasn't Hollywood mightier than when he was Wonder Man?

Phoenix IX speculated by some to be a descendant of Jean Grey. Slightly different Phoenix costume.
Implied, but I never felt it.
And yeah. not to mention a guy for a change (was relatively unique at the time.)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Arkrite

Re: Jab's Builds! (Jack Kirby! Grey Gargoyle! Gwenpool! The Initiative!)

Post by Arkrite »

Wow, they made an underage girl shoot people with a sniper rifle?
Well, I guess it makes sense, after all this is an extremely realistic setting where stun weaponry couldn't be made. It's not like they were inundated with super technology, or had access to genius inventors who were supposed to be supporting this setup.

Oh wait... *facepalm*

I don't know how, but somehow this is Pym's fault.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The Initiative was an interesting idea that basically just went a ways to prove that yeah, despite what Mark Millar said, Cap was right.

One major issue with the 50 States Initiative tho, to me, was just the logistics. I mean, I can understand the idea of having multiple superhero teams spread out evenly amongst the USA so that they can respond to any threat anywhere swiftly. But FIFTY teams?

I mean, lets say that every team was suppose to be a worthwhile team in its own right. So they'd average around 5 to 6 members like most superteams do. That'd require something in the neighborhood of 250 to 300 superheroes being active in the USA at the same time. That's a ludicrous amount of superheroes, especially with the "no mutants" policy they had at the time, due to the X-Men staying out of Civil War and the resulting fallout. And especially since a lot of superheroes like Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist and the like were still part of a "resistance" movement and not part of the Initiative.

I mean, excluding dead heroes and purposefully reforming villains for the role, you'd be hard pressed to make a list of 300 American/Earth-based Marvel heroes, let alone with those limitations. Maybe having 10 or even 20 would have been doable, but 50? That's a logistics nightmare.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ares wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:37 am The Initiative was an interesting idea that basically just went a ways to prove that yeah, despite what Mark Millar said, Cap was right.

One major issue with the 50 States Initiative tho, to me, was just the logistics. I mean, I can understand the idea of having multiple superhero teams spread out evenly amongst the USA so that they can respond to any threat anywhere swiftly. But FIFTY teams?

I mean, lets say that every team was suppose to be a worthwhile team in its own right. So they'd average around 5 to 6 members like most superteams do. That'd require something in the neighborhood of 250 to 300 superheroes being active in the USA at the same time. That's a ludicrous amount of superheroes, especially with the "no mutants" policy they had at the time, due to the X-Men staying out of Civil War and the resulting fallout. And especially since a lot of superheroes like Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist and the like were still part of a "resistance" movement and not part of the Initiative.

I mean, excluding dead heroes and purposefully reforming villains for the role, you'd be hard pressed to make a list of 300 American/Earth-based Marvel heroes, let alone with those limitations. Maybe having 10 or even 20 would have been doable, but 50? That's a logistics nightmare.
On top of that, there's a distribution problem. Take New England (the 6 states east of New York) : Maine is the 11th smallest state. And it is 49% of the land mass of New England. The other 5 states (Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut and Rhode Island) could almost fit inside Maine. So that's 6 of these teams in an area the size of Wisconsin. Delaware, New Jersey, West Virginia and Maryland are also very small. In fact the only one of the 11 smallest states that isn't part of of the original colonies (remember Maine was once part of Massachusetts and West Virginia was part of Virginia) is Hawai'i.

On the other end of things: Texas, California, and Montana are all huge. Yet the three of them would fit inside Alaska, and have room left over for Idaho. The same team protecting San Francisco AND San Diego? The same team protecting Houston AND El Paso?

I suppose it would be better than, say, two Avengers teams protecting the entire country, but how would the standards be set? The performance of each team would vary dramatically due to distance.

And there'd be problems like, would the Illinois Initiative team be set in Chicago, the third largest population center in the country? Or would they be set in Bloomington or Springfield so they can cover both ends of the state? A villain on a crime spree in Carbondale or Metropolis could be stopped by the Kentucky or Missouri team while the Illinois team is still en route.

In the end, its comics. It isn't supposed to be realistic. But when someone starts to inject reality into the fantasy (like the government insists on a team in each state), it invites a look at the logistics that'll pull the fantasy apart.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Baron von Blitzschlag

Post by Jabroniville »

BARON VON BLITZSCHLAG
Created By:
Role: Nazi Scientist
Group Affiliations: The Initiative, The Nazi Party
PL 7 (79)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA -1 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Science) 9 (+16)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Expertise (History) 5 (+12)
Technology 8 (+15)
Treatment 8 (+15)
Perception 3 (+4)
Insight 5 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit 1 (Government Clearance), Inventor

Powers:
"Electrical Touch" Damage 4 [4]
Immunity 5 (Electrical Damage) [5]

Blast 10 (Extras: Can Store Power) (Flaws: Requires Being Struck, Limited to Electricity) (10) -- [11]
  • AE: Healing 10 (Flaws: Limited to Self, Requires Being Struck, Limited to Electricity) (2.5)
Offense:
Unarmed +4 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Shock Touch +4 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Absorption Blast +4 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness -1, Fortitude +0, Will +3

Complications:
Reputation (Evil Nazi)- Everyone knows that Blitzchlag is an evil Nazi- even his allies openly distrust and dislike him.
Responsibility (Michael, Van & Patrick- Sons)- Blitzschlag openly dotes on the three clones of MVP.

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 8 (79)

-Baron Von Blitzschlag's an interesting character, being a comically evil Nazi. Sorta like those Nazis the real-world U.S. Government used to help win the Space Race in the '50s & '60s, he's one of the big red flags of the government-led Initiative being all it's cracked up to be (since government in Marvel Comics has been evil or misguided since the '70s, it's perhaps not surprising the fans quickly took the Anti-Registration side of things). But he's kinda funny, and kinda sad, and a little bit interesting, though again, most of his story's over now (he gave up all the info of Norman Osborn's activities in order to get leniency for his own crimes... which is frighteningly similar to how many Nazis escaped punishment after the War). Funny story: He was originally gonna be ARNIM ZOLA of all people, but Ed Brubaker's Captain America book put an end to that.

-Pretty simple build: Ultra-skilled Scientist, physically very weak, with a minor Electrical Damage power. But he ALSO has an Absorptive thing, allowing him to heal himself or get a super Blast (+10 Damage) if he's hit by Electricity, as the Evil Clone Thor "Ragnarok" found out.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BriarThrone

Re: Cloud 9

Post by BriarThrone »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:58 am(the real military tends to make the least-emotional members snipers, rather than the best shots- they're among the few people in the army who know EXACTLY who and when they kill)
Not EXACTLY true. They definitely start off with the most talented marksmen, then screen from there. There's psych evals, and then there's strict and exclusive training, which you can fail out of through attitude as easily as you can lack of proficiency. And then you have regular fitness evals, part of which is a psych eval. You start feeling that you're the Hand of God or the Angel of Death - which is not uncommon in experienced snipers - it's time to put down the rifle and start transitioning back to being a human being.

The most important part of being a sniper is the verification call. You get the target in your sights, you request the kill order, check to make sure that no one will see the muzzle flash, and THEN you shoot. Partly it helps ensure that the situation hasn't changed, but mostly it's to help pass the buck psychologically. Someone else made the decision. You're just the instrument of some uncaring bastard somewhere up the chain of command. If you can't do that effectively, you either start to get burdened by the guilt, or you start having megalomaniacal delusions, and either way, you need to be taken out of action as soon as possible and handled gently, for the safety of... everybody.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:05 pm I'm probably one of the people that wouldn't be bored by all the Mega Man builds. Really, I'm looking forward to them a lot, since I'm a huge fan of the series. I also wonder if Roll deserves a build, since even though she's usaully a non-combatant, she's seen combat in a few side-games (and Marvel vs Capcom!) and mobile ports, and of course there's the ridiculous cartoon version, who had a Toast Buster among other household stuff.
I might make note of her. Maybe I should build Dr. Light, too. It'd at least keep things a little more interesting than the slog of 2e to 3e translations (god it'd been a long time since I'd done THAT).
As for other stuff I'd be interested in: Fire Emblem, Shining Force, Thundercats.. (I know you hate it, but I just wanna see how Lion-O and the rest compare to He-Man and Thundarr, power level wise.),
Oh, someone else but me who cares about Shining Force and Fire Emblem :)? That's a kicker- I suggested those way back last year during the Video Game Builds, but figured it might be more of a 2-week leap into something only I've played/enjoyed. The issues with "regular soldier" characters might spring up as well, but less so in Shining Force (what with all of the Phoenixes, Werewolves & Flying Jellyfish Monsters).
also, more obscure fighting games like Ballz and Power Instinct.
Heh- I was actually thinking of a standard template for Ballz, since it's so distinctively silly. I don't think the characters even really differ from each other, except in Accuracy/Strength shifts.
It'd be fun to see the Mario builds again, with maybe some additions like Daisy, Waluigi, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., and the like. One thing I would very much be interested in is Marvel Vs. Capcom builds, but it's a really large project, and the Marvel side would just be your pre-existing builds re-balanced to Fighting Game standards, which is probably pretty boring to do. On the other hand, it'd allow you to stat a bunch of more obscure Capcom characters.
I'm trying to come up with an answer to the idea of statting up old builds and modifying them into Fighting Game standards that won't make people think I'm legitimately suicidal :). But seriously, modifying old builds into new "versions" is EASILY my least-favorite thing to do... aside from building Teleporters.

Might get a good rant over just how much I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Marvel (vs) Capcom 2, though. But I dunno- how many Capcom characters are left un-statted from that game series? Definitely not "Fighting Game"-ing up my old Marvel builds, but I could try the other guys at some point.
Also, huh, it's not until you pointed it out that I noticed you haven't statted Hippo before. Thorp has, though. Panda-Mania, though, I've never heard of!
They're a bit new, I think. Seem more like one-panel-gags than actual characters. I'll definitely stat Cardiaxe at some point, though.
Jabroniville

Re: Cloud 9

Post by Jabroniville »

BriarThrone wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:35 am
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:58 am(the real military tends to make the least-emotional members snipers, rather than the best shots- they're among the few people in the army who know EXACTLY who and when they kill)
Not EXACTLY true. They definitely start off with the most talented marksmen, then screen from there. There's psych evals, and then there's strict and exclusive training, which you can fail out of through attitude as easily as you can lack of proficiency. And then you have regular fitness evals, part of which is a psych eval. You start feeling that you're the Hand of God or the Angel of Death - which is not uncommon in experienced snipers - it's time to put down the rifle and start transitioning back to being a human being.

The most important part of being a sniper is the verification call. You get the target in your sights, you request the kill order, check to make sure that no one will see the muzzle flash, and THEN you shoot. Partly it helps ensure that the situation hasn't changed, but mostly it's to help pass the buck psychologically. Someone else made the decision. You're just the instrument of some uncaring bastard somewhere up the chain of command. If you can't do that effectively, you either start to get burdened by the guilt, or you start having megalomaniacal delusions, and either way, you need to be taken out of action as soon as possible and handled gently, for the safety of... everybody.
Makes sense. Though much of my information probably came from your favorite website- TV Tropes :).
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

So I checked to see just how many MVC (and TVC) Capcom characters were left unstatted, and the answer was..quite a lot, actually. Here's a list of all the MVC characters, and that's not including the Tatsunoko vs Capcom or Capcom vs SNK characters! (Mega Man X, Sigma, and Zero can just be done in the Mega Man X set, though, I assume.) There's also the main characters from Star Gladiator and Rival Schools, which are both more obscure Capcom fighting games that would be interesting to see statted, too. I'm also intersted to see how the MVC version of Phoenix Wright would stat out, what with his unique evidence-gathering mechanic.
Jabroniville

MVP

Post by Jabroniville »

M.V.P. (Michael Van Patrick)
Created By:
Role: The Sacrificial Buddy
Group Affiliations: The Initiative
PL 6 (85)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+15)
Athletics 8 (+12)
Expertise (Farmer) 1 (+4)
Perception 3 (+5)
Persuasion 1 (+4, +6 Attractive)
Treatment 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Attractive

Powers:
"The Ubermensch- Absolute Peak Human"
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Immunity 2 (Poison, Disease) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
"Heavy Hitter" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +3

Complications:
Phobia (Spiders)- When Trauma figures this out using his "Mimic Their Deepest Fear" Power, it... doesn't end well.
Secret (Was Suicidal)

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 4 (85)

-M.V.P. was a decent little story- he was the great-grandson of Doctor Abraham Erskine, aka the man who developed the Super-Soldier Serum that turned gangly Steve Rogers into Captain America. This revelation resulted in him being banned from High School athletics, but the fact that he was super-naturally "Peak Human" in every possible category got him into The Initiative. Despite this cool backstory, he was the Sacrificial Lamb of the story, being killed during the aforementioned training excercise as an errant blast by Armory went clean through his head. This has a reverberating effect throughout the series, as his body was endlessly cloned, resulting in a "normal" clone sent back to his father, three becoming Scarlet Spiders, and a forth, the insane "K.I.A.".

-M.V.P. is a pretty good example of a Captain America, Jr. He's strong, fast and tough as any human being could possibly be (despite being nowhere near the mass of Cap, which kind of bugged me, even if he IS just a kid), but lacks the training or skills of the major super-heroes, resulting in a pretty-tough PL 6 who has Cap's basis, but no experience. He's even got the minor powers like Speed & Leaping, and the Immunities thrown in. With a bit of training, he'd have made PL 8 pretty easily alongside his teammates.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.