Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Capt. Scarlet! Casablanca! Cerebro! Lupin III!)

Post by Ares »

Elecman was always my favorite Robot Master. He had a solid look that would work as a superhero or villain, and "electrical powers" have always been a favorite of mine. I'd guess it was due to my love of Capt. Marvel, Greek Mythology and just loving lightning storms in general. I enjoyed that several manga and comic adaptations remembered that the original Robot Masters were designed by Dr. Light and forced into evil via reprograming. Once freed of said reprogramming, they resumed being heroes and allies to Mega Man.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Ares wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:15 pm Elecman was always my favorite Robot Master. He had a solid look that would work as a superhero or villain, and "electrical powers" have always been a favorite of mine. I'd guess it was due to my love of Capt. Marvel, Greek Mythology and just loving lightning storms in general. I enjoyed that several manga and comic adaptations remembered that the original Robot Masters were designed by Dr. Light and forced into evil via reprograming. Once freed of said reprogramming, they resumed being heroes and allies to Mega Man.
Yeah, Elecman is cool. And it's nice to have them around as allies, since, after all, they were good to begin with. Powered Up also let you play as the other Robot Masters, which is very rare. Other Robot Masters that should be allies of Mega Man include the Mega Man 4 ones (because they belong to Dr. Cossack, who is an ally since 5), the ones from 9 (since they're also Light's). The ones from 6 and 10 were also not Wily bots, so could theoretically be recruited to help in the fight as well. Oh yeah, one plot point that's featured in the comics (not sure if it's featured elsewhere) is that as long as a robot's "intergrated personality chip" is still intact when they were destroyed, they can be rebuilt just fine. Mega Man always makes it a point to make sure it remains intact when fighting a Robot Master.
Jabroniville

Fire Man & Guts Man

Post by Jabroniville »

FIRE MAN (Mega Man 1)
PL 10 (149)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 ("Nintendo Hard" Base), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
"Robotic Frame" Protection 8 [8]

"Fire Storm" Blast 9 (Feats: Accurate, Improved Critical 2) (Extras: Multiattack) [30]
Immunity 5 (Fire Damage) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Fire Storm +8 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Vulnerable (Ice Slasher)- Ice Man's Ice Slasher does extra damage to Fire Man.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 40 + 35 / Defenses: 12 (149)

-Fire Man is another classic elemental-themed villain, but looks kind of silly, and of course LACKS HANDS, which is one of those things I'm assuming his creator forgot about when building him to do factory work. For some reason, he's immune to an ICE WEAPON of all things (I imagine because there's no 'water guy' in the first game). He's a pretty straightforward "blast forward with a powerful attack" boss, but is kinda tough because he fires alot of blasts very quickly (going full Multiattack with it). The "Fire Storm", once Mega Man gets it, is a rather different weapon, doing a blast of damage, but also bringing up a short-term Energy Aura/Force Field combo that Fades and is very quick in duration.

Bestows the:
"Fire Storm" Blast 8 Linked to Force Field 2 (Flaws: Ablative) Linked to Flame Aura 4 (Flaws: Fades, Limited to 2 Rounds -2) [21]

"My name makes 'no sense', does it? Well take THIS!"

GUTS MAN (Mega Man 1)
PL 10 (124)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA -- AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Expertise (Construction) 4 (+3)
Intimidation 8 (+7)
Perception 3 (+2)
Technology 3 (+2)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 ("Nintendo Hard" Base), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

Power-Lifting 1 (50 tons) [1]
"Earthquake Landing" Affliction 10 (Athletics; Dazed & Hindered/Stunned & Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Touching Ground) [10]
Protection +2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Earthquake +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 25)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Reputation (Idiot)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 40 + 13 / Defenses: 11 (124)

-Guts Man is one of the easier bosses. And what the hell is with that name? Does that mean something in Japanese, or did they just throw a random English phrase in front of "Man"? He's basically a big lug who jumps around trying to knock you on your butt, then he starts tossing his super-heavy boulders at you for huge damage. Not the most accurate guy around, and he's one of the bosses you're best off just using your Mega Buster against, but even the EASY bosses can still be pretty tough here. Notably, he has no Drawbacks, aside from being the dumbest (by far) of the Robot Masters. His Bestowed Power is a little odd, as it's ONLY useful if you can find obviously-located Boulders in villains' bases, making it among the most limited Powers, but very useful for finding items and stuff like that (think of it like a Pokemon Hidden Machine).

-Guts Man stats up more like a Powerhouse Grappler than any other Robot Masters, so I threw in some Grapple-themed Advantages as well. Presumably if you played these guys in a game, he'd be the slower, but stronger, heavy-hitter.

Bestows the:
"Super Arm"
Enhanced Strength 8 [16]
Power-Lifting 4 (15 tons) [4] (Can toss a +10 Damage Improvised Weapon)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Guts Man is always a classic, despite his silly name. I still remember the inexplicable "Gutsman's Ass" YouTube meme that got spawned by one of his appearances in the cartoons.

Also, Mega Man is said to have super-strength in the supplemental materials, so maybe he could use some innate power-lifting, if he doesn't have any already. It's even shown in the ending of Mega Man 5, where he is able to hold off a crushing ceiling until Proto Man saves him. Also, the "Mega Man Robot Master Field Guide" states that his weaknesses are "Spikes & Electricity", so you could add those as a complication. Spikes makes sense, of course, since they always kill him in one hit.
Last edited by KorokoMystia on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Well this is playing dirty ;)

For a very long time I've debating if it was a good idea to re-join this community, since I don't build much M&M anymore, until a couple of days ago a message from Jab appeared on my DA page. It was a nice blast from the past and I thought that was it, until today I saw the Lupin's gang builds and I knew I was done for.
Am I going to re-open the warehouse? I'm not sure at this point. When I started building for M&M I was in a very hard moment of my life and the old ATT and many of you guys helped me stay afloat. Right now I'm in a much better spot and many more games have caught my attention both for fun and professionaly (I've finally managed to start my activity as a professional translator), so my skills are very rusty, but you'll never know ;)
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Woodclaw wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:29 pm Well this is playing dirty ;)

For a very long time I've debating if it was a good idea to re-join this community, since I don't build much M&M anymore, until a couple of days ago a message from Jab appeared on my DA page. It was a nice blast from the past and I thought that was it, until today I saw the Lupin's gang builds and I knew I was done for.
Am I going to re-open the warehouse? I'm not sure at this point. When I started building for M&M I was in a very hard moment of my life and the old ATT and many of you guys helped me stay afloat. Right now I'm in a much better spot and many more games have caught my attention both for fun and professionaly (I've finally managed to start my activity as a professional translator), so my skills are very rusty, but you'll never know ;)
Welcome back in any case. Even if you don't restart your builds, and I've yet to get around to restarting mine admittedly, it'd be nice to have more people around whose favourite edition is 2E.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Jabroniville

Bomb Man & Cut Man

Post by Jabroniville »

CUT MAN (Mega Man 1)
PL 10 (141)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 ("Nintendo Hard" Base), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Rolling Cutter" Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate 2, Homing, Ricochet 2) (Extras: Penetrating) [29]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Rolling Cutter +12 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +8

Defenses:

Complications:
Vulnerable (Super Arm)- Guts Man's Super Arm does extra damage to Cut Man.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 40 + 29 / Defenses: 12 (141)

-Cut Man is one of the most iconic Mega Man villains of all time, often being seen first among all the Robot Masters when they do a massive tally of the lot of 'em- his goofy appearance, recognizable "Scissor Head" and more make him stand out big-time. He's actually pretty quick and spry, being one of the harder guys around to hit. Thankfully, he's the one boss who gives you the means to his destruction- being ultra-vulnerable to the Super Arm, his stage actually has two large boulders RIGHT THERE, and he dies in TWO HITS to them. Not a bright guy. You gain his Rolling Cutter, and it's pretty good, but limited since it's a Boomerang thing you can't Multiattack or stuff like that- you can hit some guys twice with it, though. It also does Penetrating damage, able to kill guys the Mega Buster can't hurt.

Bestows the:
"Rolling Cutter" Blast 8 (Feats: Homing, Ricochet 2) (Extras: Penetrating) [27]

BOMB MAN (Mega Man 1)
PL 10 (146)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Expertise (Demolitions) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages: 

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Hyper Bomb" Blast 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Drawbacks: Reduced Range -2) [28]

Offense:
Hyper Bomb +10 Area (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +8

Defenses:

Complications:
Vulnerable (Fire Storm)- Fire Man's Fire Storm does extra damage to Bomb Man.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 40 + 28 / Defenses: 12 (146)

-Bomb Man (sometimes called Bomberman, though they changed that I believe to avoid litigation from Hudson Soft, who had a much cooler Bomberman) rounds out the six Robot Masters from Mega Man 1, having a powerful Explosion (Targetted so he can use his Feats on it- plus it was kind of tricky to aim) Area Effect. Now, why Light built all these guys with inherent weaknesses to weird things I have no idea (Fire affects Bombs somehow?), but maybe he had the foresight to know Wily was crazy or something. 

Bestows the:
"Hyper Bomb" Blast 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Drawbacks: Reduced Range -2) [28]
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

YESSSSS!! Woodclaw is back! Thanks to bsdigitalq for finding that DA account. Good to see you, man. You were like the #1 poster i missed seeing from back in the day.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I should point out that this community allows builds from all RPGs, not just M&M. The creator of Fight! RPG, for example, has a thread devoted to just his game.
Jabroniville

Yellow Devil

Post by Jabroniville »

THE YELLOW DEVIL
PL 10 (137)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE --

Skills:
None

Advantages: 
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 10

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
"Robotic Frame" Protection 6 [6]
Growth 5 (Str & Toughness +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]
Flight 1 (Flaws: Limited to In Blob-Like Pieces) [1]

"Blobs Across the Screen" Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate) (Extras: Reaction +3- Being Struck, Multiattack) [49]
"Eye Blaster" Blast 6 (Feats: Improved Critical) [13]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Eye Blaster +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Blob Attack +12 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +11, Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
Vulnerable (Thunder Beam)- The Yellow Devil is weak against Elec Man's Thunder Beam.
Power Loss (Blob Attack)- The Yellow Devil may only use his Blob attack after being damaged, or at the start of a fight. Maybe it's under the honor system.

Total: Abilities: 2 / Skills: 00--0 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 110 / Defenses: 14 (137)

-The Yellow Devil is an iconic Mini-Boss from the first Mega Man game, as the unique villain is formed from weird yellow blobs that move across the screen (hurting you along their path) and form this gigantic yellow dude with a red eye (the only part of him you can hurt). Every time you hit him in the eye (which you have to jump to hit... and go right into the path of his Eye Blaster), he disassembles back into blobs, which fly across the screen at an erratic pace. Some later games say that it can speak, but it's basically an unthinking monstrosity. It's shown up as a backgrounder in many other games across the series (even Super Smash Bros.), and is pretty freaking powerful.

-At PL 10, the Yellow Devil is as dangerous as any boss, as its Blob Attack flies across the screen in a very erratic pattern (and each blob is Mega Man-sized), and your only method of hurting it works one time, then he disassembles and does it again. Basically, this makes it a Reaction Damage effect- like an Aura but WORSE, because he'll do it any time you shoot him, and it works at range instead of up close (like almost every other Aura).
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Even when the Yellow Devil is shown speaking, it can only say "Bumo!", so you still can't understand it. The comics suggest it may be its own language. For all we know, it could be as eloquent as Groot, but probably not.
Jabroniville

Time Man & Oil Man

Post by Jabroniville »

MEGA MAN- POWERED UP:
-March 2006 saw the release of a PSP exclusive title- Powered Up was a remake of Mega Man 1, featuring two all-new bosses (Time Man & Oil Man), and chibi-style ("big head") 3-D animation. Unusually, it allowed you to PLAY as defeated Robot Masters (as well as Rush & Proto Man). Despite good reviews, the game was trashed in sales in the U.S., doing extremely poorly- nothing else like it was created.

TIME MAN (Mega Man: Powered Up)
PL 10 (121)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages: 

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Time Slow" Affliction 10 (Speed; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (30) -- [31]
  • AE: "Arrow Projectiles" Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate, Improved Critical) (18)
Offense:
Thunder Beam +8 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +8

Defenses:

Complications:
Vulnerable (Thunder Beam)- Elec Man's Thunder Beam does extra damage to Time Man.
Obsession (Being On Time)

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 40 + 31 / Defenses: 12 (121)

-Time Man was a prototype meant to figure out time travel, but this status has left him with an inferiority complex, even after Dr. Wily reprogrammed him. His power allows him to slow time, while he also throws out Arrow-shaped Blasts that move faster or slower depending on if he's using the "hour" hand or the "minute" hand.

Bestows the:
"Time Slow" Affliction 8 (Speed; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) [16]

OIL MAN (Mega Man: Powered Up)
PL 10 (111)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages: 

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Oil Blobs" Affliction 8 (Athletics; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition) (24) -- [25]
  • AE: "Oil Slider" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Accurate, Improved Critical 2) (6)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Oil Blobs +10 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 23)
Oil Slider +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +8

Defenses:

Complications:
Vulnerable (Fire Storm)- Flame Man's Fire Storm does extra damage to Oil Man.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 40 + 25 / Defenses: 12 (115)

-The second Oil Man (the first was for a DOS game), Oil Man is a... oh god. He's... he's named OIL MAN, has black skin... and big pink lips. Oh jesus. He also acts like a punk kid, not taking things seriously.

Bestows the:
"Oil Slider" Strength-Damage +4 (Feats: Accurate, Improved Critical 2) & Speed 2 [9]
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The Yellow Devil is just a very distinct monster with a simple but cool visual and combat style. To me it's an iconic Mega Man enemy.

As for Oil Man . . . yeeeeeeeah. Thankfully the Archie Comic Mega Man series managed to get around the ugly stereotype image with a very simple step:

"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

They actually changed the color of Oil Man and his lips in the western releases of Powered Up. But yeah, he looks much better in the Archie comic. I'm so sad both the Sonic and Megaman Archie comics ended.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Wow, they ended Sonic, too? That was a big hit for Archie.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.