Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Capt. Scarlet! Casablanca! Cerebro! Lupin III!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:08 am Wow, they ended Sonic , too? That was a big hit for Archie.
Yeah. We don't know the exact resaon, but it was probably the fault of Ken Penders somehow. The license to make Sonic comics is owned by IDW now, so we'll see how that goes.
Jabroniville

Mega Man 2

Post by Jabroniville »

MEGA MAN 2:
So the first sequel pretty much did all that a sequel can be expected to do- taking all the aspets and traits of the original, then amping them up to 10 for the next big number. This has left MM2 as probably the most popular and beloved game of the original series, as it upped the villain count to 8, had the hardest final level EVER (seriously, if you're a GM, and you make your players fight any approximation of this level in any way, shape or form, you are cruel the point of being a masochistic evil bastard-flake), had a few iconic villains, the best Master Weapon ever (the Metal Blade), and some of the greatest music in 8-bit Nintendo history. The Dr. Wily level's music is among the greatest tunes ever, and Wood Man & Crash Man have really sweet stuff as well.

- I cant link to Duane & Brand0's amazing "Mega Man 2 Rap" on my phone, but look it up- it's amazing.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jabroniville

Wood Man & Heat Man

Post by Jabroniville »

WOOD MAN (Mega Man 2)
PL 10 (150)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Expertise (Forestry) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 ("Nintendo Hard" Base), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
"Robotic Frame" Protection 8 [8]

Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Forested Terrain) [2]
"Leaf Shield" Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate 2) (18) -- [19]
  • AE: Force Field 4 Linked to Leaf Aura 5 (Flaws: Immobile -2) (14)
Linked to
"Leaf Rain" Blast 5 (Feats: Indirect) [11]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Leaf Shield +12 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Vulnerable (Metal Blade & Atomic Fire)- Metal & Heat Man's special weapons both do extra damage to Wood Man.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 40 + 32 / Defenses: 12 (150)

-Hah hah... WOOD Man. One of the sillier concepts (a robot made out of wood?), despite showing up really early on, he was a chubby little fellow, but could prove kind of a pain with a big Leaf Shield that rendered him immune to attacks (Force Field plus Withstand Damage), then allow him to just chuck the freakin' thing while leafs of pain fall down from the ceiling (Blast linked to Blast, which is REALLY cheesy, but technically the gist of what he does)... early Nintendo games liked to throw multiple things at you at once. Thankfully, he was highly vulnerable to both the Metal Blade and the Atomic Fire, rendering him much easier. The Force Field is quite mighty, but you neither you nor he can move while it's activated, rendering it much weaker. "Shields" in Mega Man games tended to kind of suck...
-Note also that I gave him some extra Skills & Feats befitting someone who spends a lot of time in the woods with Forest-themed stuff.

Bestows the:
"Leaf Shield" Blast 8 (17) -- [18]
  • AE: Force Field 6 Linked to Leaf Aura 5 (Flaws: Immobile) (16)

"Gonna get to close, I might blow.
Who knows what flows from the Earth?- I do!
Gonna spew red goo all over your shoes.
I got a face for a radio and a box for a suit!"

"Yeah, Capcom didn't really spend much time on you."

"NOPE!"

"Check it out- I'm tired a' you!
Gotta get to Light before his time is through!
I got my cannon ready- I got huntin' to do!"

"I got more hot than a cow has moo!
I will burn you with my flame!
Zippo is my middle name!
I'm done fuckin' with you, you 8-bit clown!"

"Here's a bubble for you, have fun six feet underground!"

HEAT MAN (Mega Man 2)
PL 9 (158)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 ("Nintendo Hard" Base), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Atomic Fire" Blast 8 (Feats: Split 2) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cylinder) (Drawbacks: Reduced Range -1) [25]
Flame Aura 4 [16]
Force Field 3 [3]

Offense:
Flame Aura +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Atomic Fire +8 Area (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +8

Defenses:

Complications:
Vulnerable (Bubble Lead)- Bubble Man's Bubble Lead does extra damage to Heat Man.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 40 + 44 / Defenses: 12 (158)

-Hahah, WOW, this is one crappy design. Looking like a Zippo lighter with a head, Heat Man is not only redundant (Fire Man was only ONE GAME EARLIER- this series just really likes fire-themed guys), but silly-looking, making him one of the least-liked Robot Masters. He's unique in that he's got a semi-decent Blast (more like a lob- it has shorter range than most Blasts), combined with a Flame Aura and a Force Field that helps him be more resistant to enemy damage (plus he's fast instead of jumpy, flying across the screen with his Aura intact). When Mega Man gains his "Atomic Fire", he can also "Charge" the attack to a more powerful Blast that has longer range- it just has an Action Flaw on it. 

Bestows the:
"Atomic Fire" Blast 8 (Feats: Split 2) (18) -- [19]
  • AE: "Charged Fire" Blast 10 (Flaws: Full-Round Action) (10)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Metal Man & Bubble Man

Post by Jabroniville »

METAL MAN (Mega Man 2)
PL 10 (148)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 ("Nintendo Hard" Base), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Metal Blade" Blast 9 (Feats: Accurate, Improved Critical 3) (Extras: Multiattack) [31]

Offense:
Metal Blade +11 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Vulnerable (Quick Boomerang)- Quick Man's Quick Boomerang does extra damage to Metal Man.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 40 + 31 / Defenses: 14 (148)

-Aw, yeah, the METAL BLADE, baby!! Exciting because it's far and away the greatest weapon in the history of the Mega Man games, that little sucker hits twice as hard as the Mega Buster, goes just as fast, and can be fired in EVERY DIRECTION, meaning you can bust up guys above you and even diagonally. And it doesn't even lower its energy as fast as the others do! This is so horrifically unbalancing (and kills so many of the other bosses easily) that they never did anything like it again. Metal Man himself is one of those bosses you're best off just using the Mega Buster on, as he doesn't take too much more damage to the Quick Boomerang. He's still a pain, though, because he fires a metric ton of hard-to-dodge Metal Blades at you while jumping REALLY high, making him hard to hit.

Bestows the:
"Metal Blade" Blast 9 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Multiattack) [28]

"My name is Bubble Man, and I got somethin' to say..."
*DEAD* (one-shots Bubble Man)

BUBBLE MAN (Mega Man 2)
PL 10 (146)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Favored Environment (Underwater), Equipment 10 ("Nintendo Hard" Base), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]
Swimming 4 [4]
Snare 8 (24) -- [25]
  • AE: "Bubble Lead" Blast 8 (Feats: Improved Critical, Accurate, Ricochet 2, Split 2) (22)
Offense:
Bubble Lead +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Snare +10 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +8

Defenses:

Complications:
Vulnerable (Metal Blade)- Metal Man's Metal Blade does extra damage to Bubble Man.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 40 + 31 / Defenses: 12 (146)

-Bubble Man just kinda flat-out sucks. His stage is your standard "kill yourself to save you the trouble"-level of difficulty, but he can be killed with the Mega Buster pretty easily (his Bubbles are hard to dodge, though), and the Metal Blade will straight-up finish him off. Therefore, he's limited to his Favoured Environment, rendering him pretty cheap overall. I added a Snare into the Bubble Lead because of some fluff depictions (trapping people in bubbles), and he Swims instead of Leaps. The Bubble Lead was a handy little weapon, but not overly great- it leapt up a bit (making it hard to aim), but trailed along the ground for a while, hitting anyone stuck there (Bubble Man's own version bounced instead, making it better, which is why it doesn't have the same Drawback).

Bestows the:
"Bubble Lead" Blast 8 (Feats: Ricochet 2, Split 2) (Drawbacks: Limited to Grounded Opponents after 20 Feet -2) [18]
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:29 pm Well this is playing dirty ;)

For a very long time I've debating if it was a good idea to re-join this community, since I don't build much M&M anymore, until a couple of days ago a message from Jab appeared on my DA page. It was a nice blast from the past and I thought that was it, until today I saw the Lupin's gang builds and I knew I was done for.
Am I going to re-open the warehouse? I'm not sure at this point. When I started building for M&M I was in a very hard moment of my life and the old ATT and many of you guys helped me stay afloat. Right now I'm in a much better spot and many more games have caught my attention both for fun and professionaly (I've finally managed to start my activity as a professional translator), so my skills are very rusty, but you'll never know ;)
Funny thing is, it was this last set of re-posting old non-comics builds that inspired someone searching you out. I kept commenting on old posters who'd commented on the old stuff, and your name came up. Though many people have told me I have a reporter or detective's knack for search people out (I've uncovered the deaths of at least two customers who shopped at my store, and generally find stuff out about some very obscure characters), you'd always eluded me, as "Woodclaw" is a pretty generic term. I've never found out where Skavenger or Gazman went to from RA, either.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:23 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:08 am Wow, they ended Sonic , too? That was a big hit for Archie.
Yeah. We don't know the exact resaon, but it was probably the fault of Ken Penders somehow. The license to make Sonic comics is owned by IDW now, so we'll see how that goes.
Yeah, that was a weird bit of business. A rare case of a guy actually owning the rights to his own original characters, and a HUGE shining example to the entire industry of what happens when you let someone beat you in the lawsuits :). Having to cut out huge swaths of your world in a minor reboot? Imagine the mess of Marvel or DC lost one of their rights lawsuits. Worst we got was Thunderbolts having to get rid of Charcoal.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:37 am
KorokoMystia wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:23 am
Yeah, that was a weird bit of business. A rare case of a guy actually owning the rights to his own original characters, and a HUGE shining example to the entire industry of what happens when you let someone beat you in the lawsuits :). Having to cut out huge swaths of your world in a minor reboot? Imagine the mess of Marvel or DC lost one of their rights lawsuits. Worst we got was Thunderbolts having to get rid of Charcoal.
DC actually did lose a pretty big rights lawsuit, but that the specific character they lost the lawsuit on was Superman they were able to come to an agreement and just continue to pay royalties on the character since losing him would kinda kill their entire fictional universe. It's why pretty much every Superman comic these days has 'by special agreement with the Siegel family' in the credits section.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Casablanca! Cerebro! Lupin III! Mega Man!)

Post by Jabroniville »

I do remember the mess-up where Superboy had to be exiled, necessitating a lot of altered dialogue ("Superman" was in the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon) and Connor Kent dying. And the unfunny "Tom Welling" jokes that kept popping up when I was doing LOSH research on that one website.
Jabroniville

Crash Man & Air Man

Post by Jabroniville »

CRASH MAN/CLASH MAN (Mega Man 2)
PL 10 (147)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Expertise (Demolitions) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Crash Bomber" Blast 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Drawbacks: Diminished Range -2) [28]
Immunity (Own Explosions) [1]

Offense:
Crash Bomber +10 Area (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +8

Defenses:

Complications:
Vulnerable (Air Shooter)- Air Man's Air Shooter does extra damage to Crash Man.
Disabled (No Hands)- Apparently.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 40 + 29 / Defenses: 12 (147)

Oh, the ever-amusing way Japanese people say "L/R" like it's the same letter. Then again, English basically invented that dilineation (in Latin or French it sounds fairly similar). That sort of thing leads to a question as what Crash/Clash Man's real name is supposed to be- either actually works, which is unusual. A similar problem pops up with "Doctor Raito". He's basically a Bomb Man for a new generation, dropping a little drilling Bomb into things, which then explodes. He's a very athletic and dodg-y, which is also fairly annoying, but the Air Shooter trounces him quickly.
-The best part about Crash Man's level is the theme- it's so great that I recognized it years later when replaying the games. There was an exceptionally low-budget Canadian show called Video & Arcade Top 10 that used to have kids playing video games "competitively" (I say that because they sucked at them, and we never saw more than a ten-second clip of any kid struggling his way through) which used this exact theme in a somewhat less midi-fied version. Brings back memories of big fat Canadian celebrities like Nicholas Picholas pimping the current NES & Super NES games (and saying that ever-hated "Super Ness" pronounciation that made me want to stab people), the latest movies and the like, before the video game shift to the "Next Generation" systems (PS-X, namely) killed it off once and for all. Good times, good times...

Bestows the:
"Crash Bomber" Blast 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Drawbacks: Diminished Range -2) [28]
Immunity (Own Explosions) [1]

"Look up in the sky,
it's a bird. It's a plane.
It's Air Man bitch,
and I'm bringin' the pain.

I got a fan installed my grill- no lie
Gonna blow your ass straight off the map- goodbye"

AIR MAN (Mega Man 2)
PL 10 (148)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Air Shooter" Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate, Improved Critical 2) (Extras: Multiattack) (27) -- [28]
AE: "Air Control" Move Object 8 (Area- 60ft. Cone) (Flaws: Limited to Away) (16)
Immunity 5 (Air Damage) [5]

Offense:
Crash Bomber +10 Area (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +8

Defenses:

Complications:
Vulnerable (Leaf Shield)- Wood Man's Leaf Shield does extra damage to Air Man.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 40 + 33 / Defenses: 12 (148)

-Air Man's level is damned notorious, and for good reason. Sky levels ALWAYS suck in video games, and the man himself is also really tough without the Leaf Shield (and even THEN...). A Japanese songwriter's even performed a SONG based off of how difficult this guy is to beat. Very much one of the hardest levels of a game that already pretty much violates every player who tries to pass it. They pretty much copied him for Wind Man years later. His powers are Multiattack Blast (his Tornado-themed multi-shot), and an "Air Control" effect that drives you back.

Bestows the:
"Air Shooter" Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) [24]
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Casablanca! Cerebro! Lupin III! Mega Man 1 & 2!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

"I can't defeat Air Man!"

Of course, the other joke in the song is that the player can't defeat Wood Man, either.

Plus, the song was made in Japan, where the "Difficult" setting is the default and only setting in Mega Man 2.
scc

Re: Fujiko

Post by scc »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:54 pm ImageImageImage

FUJIKO (Fujiko Mine)
Created By:
Kazuhiko Katu, aka "Monkey Punch"
First Appearance: Weekly Shonen Action (Aug. 10, 1967)
Role: Miss Fanservice, The Rival
Group Affiliations: N/A
PL 9 (165)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 7 (+8)
Deception 8 (+11, +16 Attractive)
Expertise (Thief) 11 (+14)
Insight 5 (+8)
Perception 9 (+12)
Persuasion 6 (+9, +14 Attractive)
Sleight of Hand 9 (+14)
Stealth 4 (+9)
Treatment 2 (+5)
Vehicles 6 (+11)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Attractive 2, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Wealth), Daze (Deception), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Defensive Throw, Diehard, Equipment 5, Evasion 2, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Deception), Fearless, Grab Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Pistol), Improved Defense 2, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-All-Trades, Languages 2 (almost all major ones), Luck 2, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Skill Mastery (Thief), Taunt, Ultimate Skill 2 (Thief & Deception), Uncanny Dodge (Hearing), Well-Informed

Equipment:
"Browning M1910" Blast 5 (10)
"Assorted Vehicles" (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Pistol +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Relationship/Rivalry (Lupin & The Gang)- Despite a semi-mutual attraction, Fujiko is rivals with Lupin, and most of his gang strongly dislike her.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 74--37 / Advantages: 46 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 18 (165)

-Basically a combo of Femme Fatale/Miss Fanservice and a hot chick ally, Fujiko is a side-character that gets involved in pretty much every Lupin adventure. A thief like Lupin, she uses her feminine wiles to get what she wants, but she's not necessarily on his side. Usually they're rivals, but they will team up against mutual threats, or to split the riches on bigger scores. She's one of the originators of the "Miss Fanservice" concept in anime, debuting in the late 60s with ludicrously huge breasts and a desire to show the goods. How huge? "Fujio Mine" literally translates as "the mountain peaks of Fuji". All of anime & manga owes her a huge debt.

-Fujiko stats up like a slightly-lesser Lupin, a vastly competent thief and ranged fighter in her own right, just not as capable as HE is. She uses Attractive 2 to it's best benefit, being easily able to control men. She doesn't have the crazy wild feats that Jigen & Goemon do, but she can take out men larger than her in melee combat, and is an elite Skillmonkey.
Wasn't she gigantic in one episode? I never saw the show but saw that part. Was that a dream Lupin was having?
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

scc wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:00 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:54 pm ImageImageImage

FUJIKO (Fujiko Mine)
Wasn't she gigantic in one episode? I never saw the show but saw that part. Was that a dream Lupin was having?
It's possible, since 99.9% of the episodes of Lupin III were self-contained and very much incoherent. In one episode of the red jacket series she even dress up as Supergirl.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Shock

Post by Shock »

scc wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:00 pm Wasn't she gigantic in one episode? I never saw the show but saw that part. Was that a dream Lupin was having?
Sounds more like a dream Jab was having
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:02 pm
scc wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:00 pm Wasn't she gigantic in one episode? I never saw the show but saw that part. Was that a dream Lupin was having?
Sounds more like a dream Jab was having
HEY!!! Why is my bed all sticky this morning!??!