Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Paragon

Post by Jabroniville »

PARAGON (Maya)
Role:
The Perfect Imperfect
PL 8 (123)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Evasion, Improved Critical (Electricity), Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Wall Run" Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling) [4]

"Acid Line" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line, Secondary Effect 4) (20) -- [22]
  • AE: Teleport 8 (16)
  • AE: "Claws" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) Linked to Weaken Strength 6 (7)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Claws +6 (+10 Damage & +6 Weaken, DC 25 & 16)
Acid Line +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Freedom)- Maya lashes out at everyone after she's been imprisoned for years.
Enemy (Van Roekel)- Maya resents Van Roekel for creating and imprisoning her.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 8 (123)

PARAGON (Maya)- Comics Version
Role:
The Perfect Imperfect
PL 11 (147)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Evasion, Improved Critical (Electricity), Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Wall Run" Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling) [4]

"Acid Line" Damage 11 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line, Secondary Effect 6) (28) -- [30]
  • AE: Teleport 8 (16)
  • AE: "Claws" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) Linked to Weaken Strength 6 (7)
Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Claws +12 (+10 Damage & +6 Weaken, DC 25 & 16)
Acid Line +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Freedom)- Maya lashes out at everyone after she's been imprisoned for years.
Enemy (Van Roekel)- Maya resents Van Roekel for creating and imprisoning her.

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 34 / Defenses: 12 (147)

-Maya, a young Amazonian warrior-woman, is chosen by Dr. Van Roekel as the "ideal" template for the ultimate weapon- perfect DNA, Amazonian warrior skills, and the "Savagery" at the heart of all humanity (because... she's a jungle savage, I guess?). She became a violent engine of destruction, with an alien symbiote grafted to her spine. However, Van Roekel's "perfect weapon" desired independence- she escaped her prison and lashed out at the world. Magneto attempted to recruit her, and she actually defeats him! In the official comic, she accuses Magneto of creating her, but he points out the truth, and suggests she already knows her origin- she returns to the base, where she confronts Van Roekel, and kills him in battle.

-Paragon is apparently the best of the Imperfects, packing strength, speed, durability and regenerative energy. Given her comic book capabilities, she's probably closer to PL 12 or something nutty like that.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mega Man 9 & 10! Dr. Wily! Rise of the Imperfects!)

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:21 pm Man, I finally caught up! Whew! And just in time for Final Fight and SFV!
Hooray! As punishment for the delay, please have 15 builds completed on your thread in the next month :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:42 pm Glad to see you're going to be doing the new SFV characters. Abigail was a strange choice, out of all the possible Final Fight characters they could have used (plus they just reused Dudley's story for him), but I like the look of Kolin (funny how she went from "that lady that appears in Gill's intro pose" to a full-blown playable character), Ed, and Menat. Also, if you're gonna be reposting Final Fight, I'd like to see the Final Fight 3 bosses statted, if that's okay. It kinda irked me that they weren't there for some reason. They can easily go with a Template like the Final Fight 2 bosses, I think.
Irked?! IRKED, you say :)!? Well my goodness, we can't have that! I'll have to take a look at them- are they as boring as the FF2 ones?
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Bwahaha! Good Lord, Paragon looks like something straight out of 90s Image. So the Ultimate Weapon is a Spider-Man-ish character who can teleport, shoot acid and has claws? Are we sure she wasn't suppose to be a Mortal Kombat characters?

And what kind of New Villain Stink did this bargain basement Witchblade have to beat frickin MAGNETO?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Ares wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:48 pm And what kind of New Villain Stink did this bargain basement Witchblade have to beat frickin MAGNETO?
A shitty control scheme and insufficiently implemented powers as part of the game's mechanics.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:47 pm
KorokoMystia wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:42 pm Glad to see you're going to be doing the new SFV characters. Abigail was a strange choice, out of all the possible Final Fight characters they could have used (plus they just reused Dudley's story for him), but I like the look of Kolin (funny how she went from "that lady that appears in Gill's intro pose" to a full-blown playable character), Ed, and Menat. Also, if you're gonna be reposting Final Fight, I'd like to see the Final Fight 3 bosses statted, if that's okay. It kinda irked me that they weren't there for some reason. They can easily go with a Template like the Final Fight 2 bosses, I think.
Irked?! IRKED, you say :)!? Well my goodness, we can't have that! I'll have to take a look at them- are they as boring as the FF2 ones?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55pgN6wFJq8

Sadly, they look like more generic big guys, for the most part. Hell, the first boss, Dave is pretty much just the same as Edi.E, a corrupt cop!

I guess it's just the completionist in me that would like to see them statted, since I end up noticing that they're not there, and it feels weird to me. I'd say the same for looking to see the Streets of Rage 2 & 3 (and possibly the bosses and player characters from Double Dragon 2 & 3) if you ever repost those sets, too. All of those could probably be Templated just fine.
Jabroniville

Solara

Post by Jabroniville »

SOLARA (Reiko Morimoto)
Role:
Flying Blaster
PL 8 (118)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Aerobatics 2 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+10)
Technology 2 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Fire) 2 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Evasion, Improved Critical (Fire), Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
Power-Lifting 1 (3 tons) [1]

Flame Blast 8 (16) -- [17]
AE: "Flame Attacks" Damage 8 (8)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Flame Attacks +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Flame Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Power Loss (All Powers)- Solara loses power quickly if she uses too much.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 9 (118)

-Solara matches up with the Human Torch. She is the daughter of a Yakuza leader whose wife gave birth while he was away- furious that she had a child in another man's house, he burned the place to the ground. Reiko was the only survivor, and was adopted by a brilliant physicist. She learns well, but her innate fire powers kill everyone at a conference where she was presenting. Dr. Van Roekel infuses her with crystals to allow her to better control her abilities. She's a Flying Blaster who inexplicably has super-strength, because that's kind of a balance thing in the game.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:41 pm
drkrash wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:21 pm Man, I finally caught up! Whew! And just in time for Final Fight and SFV!
Hooray! As punishment for the delay, please have 15 builds completed on your thread in the next month :).
Man, that's gonna be rough.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:08 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:47 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55pgN6wFJq8

Sadly, they look like more generic big guys, for the most part. Hell, the first boss, Dave is pretty much just the same as Edi.E, a corrupt cop!

I guess it's just the completionist in me that would like to see them statted, since I end up noticing that they're not there, and it feels weird to me. I'd say the same for looking to see the Streets of Rage 2 & 3 (and possibly the bosses and player characters from Double Dragon 2 & 3) if you ever repost those sets, too. All of those could probably be Templated just fine.
Heh- I have the same completionist tendencies, as you can plainly see by this thread. I just have an equally-strong "UGH- even MORE Guys?" tendency that results in a lack of superfluous characters who went nowhere.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:07 pm Fault Zone is another decent concept, the whole "getting back at the world that destroyed her dreams" bit is CLASSIC villain motivation, and the idea of a cyborg who combines ballet dancing fluidity with how powered arm pistons makes for an interesting combination. In comics that would translate into her being some high end agility fighter type (not quite A-List but enough to make them work for a win), but who can hit REALLY hard and do some unique effects, sort of like if you gave Harley Quinn Rumble's arms.
Yeah, I was ready to just plug these guys in whenever I got to the "R" section of Marvel, but I read some Wiki bios and was like "... wait. These are DECENT? Someone put EFFORT into this? Didn't they realize this was just a throwaway Video Game License, and that the characters would go nowhere?"
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

drkrash wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:36 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:41 pm
Man, that's gonna be rough.
Oh, come on dr. That's only like 2 days work for Jab. And that's if he's on vacation. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

The Wink

Post by Jabroniville »

Dear God a lot of these people have claws.

THE WINK (Benedetta Gaetani)
Role:
Teleporter
PL 8 (128)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 2 (+4)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+10)
Stealth 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Evasion, Improved Critical (Claws), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
Teleport 8 (Extras: Easy, Accurate) (32) -- [33]
  • AE: "Claws" Strength-Damage +2 (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 25)
Claws +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Scarred)- The Wink wears a mask to hide her scars.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 10 (128)

-Benedetta was a magician's assistant (having learned as part of her father's act) who was left orphaned when some guys her dad owed money killed him, scarring her for life. Her mysterious, innate powers of teleportation saved her life, and she later met up with Van Roekel, who boosted her power. She's the weakest Imperfect, being unable to even lift cars, and fights like a combo of Wolverine & Nightcrawler, with a fast teleporting style.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Dr. Van Roekel

Post by Jabroniville »

Of course the main guy is the one with the terrible design.

DOCTOR NILES VAN ROEKEL
Role:
The Big Bad, Mad Scientist
PL 10 (153)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Expertise (Science) 6 (+14)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Technology 6 (+14)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed, Blasts) 2, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Blast 10 (Feats: Split) [21]
Power-Lifting 1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Blast +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Power)

Total: Abilities: 104 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 10 (153)

-Dr. Van Roekel is the main character of Rise of the Imperfects, and mixes alien technology with the new characters in order to boost their power. His reasons for doing anything are pretty mysterious, but he's a high-level powerhouse and has a powerful Blast as well. In the comic, he is killed by a fully-awakened Paragon.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Final Fight

Post by Jabroniville »

FINAL FIGHT:
Game Type: Side-Scrolling Beat 'Em Up
Release Date: 1989
Developer: Capcom

-Final Fight, alongside Double Dragon, is by far the most popular and influential Beat 'Em Up- a once-common genre that you saw EVERYWHERE. Much easier and balanced than Double Dragon, it drew a lot of attention for its big, Street Fighter-like graphics and tight controls, as well as the sheer fun of piledriving Andre the Giant, a guy named "Damnd", and a huge corrupt cop. Several parts about this game are iconic- Mike Haggar, the MAYOR OF METRO CITY, decked out in a shirtless, overalled look, the world's most bitching mustache, and a SPINNING PILEDRIVER. Breaking down garbage cans, oil drums and wooden boxes to eat health-restoring food inside (including turkey dinners). The "Continue?" Screen, featuring your character desperately trying to blow out the fuse on dynamite that's been strapped to their chest.

-The plot is simple: standard Rescue The Maiden stuff. Mayor Mike Haggar, a retired pro wrestler (this was before Jesse "The Body" Ventura got known for hitting big in politics, by the way), has been trying to clean up Metro City of crime, but then his DAUGHTER is kidnapped by the vicious Mad Gear Gang. Soon, he gathers up his daughter's boyfriend Cody Travers, and Cody's friend Guy, and they go on a three-man rampage across Metro City, wiping out five large Bosses and saving the girl.

-Curiously, the entire Gang has named characters (Mooks too; not just bosses), and you fight the same ones repeatedly (often times, you'll see multiples of the SAME GUY, such as three "Jakes" or "Poisons" on-screen simultaneously)- it's treated as if the gang has tons of members, but they all have actual CHARACTERS, too (ie. Wong Who is from China, and distinct from G. Oriber, who has a different head- but you fight both guys dozens of times). Therefore, it's not clear if you're just fighting guys like Bred & Dug dozens of times, or if those are just the MAIN thugs, and you're supposed to "pretend" that the others are actually different people. Most-notable of the Mooks are the Andore clan, and Poison (all of whom would be moved on to Street Fighter, alongside some of Mad Gear's Bosses).

-The mechanics are quite simple- you can hit guys with strikes, which move into combos (though Speed-Runners and elite players have realized that you're better off avoiding the end strike, as it leaves you open to others' attacks), throw guys (often into other foes), and do jumping attacks, as well as the occasional "Super Move" that hits everyone around you. Haggar is a huge, powerful, semi-slow guy with good grapples. Guy is smaller and faster, but doesn't hit that hard. Cody is the "happy medium" between the two of them. Speed Runners/Power-Gamers go with the fast guys, doing a cheesey "hit a few times, then turn around to start the hit-cycle again" trick.

-This game was a HUGE hit, and went on to spawn two Super NES-only exclusives. The home versions naturally had much weaker graphics and fewer options (notably, Guy has been removed from the game ENTIRELY, causing the release of Final Fight Guy, swapping out Cody instead, much later). The best home version was the Sega CD's. However, as the genre eventually died out, Capcom was left with these perfectly-acceptable characters... and so eventually shifted most of them to the popular Street Fighter Alpha Prequel series, and now two of the three heroes, and two (edit: THREE) of their Bosses, are recurring characters in the series.
Jabroniville

Bred, Dug, J & Two-P

Post by Jabroniville »

BRED, DUG & J
Role:
Bottom-Tier Mooks, Street Thugs
PL 3 (37)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+3)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +0

Complications:
Responsibility (The Mad Gear Gang)

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 3 (37)

-The worst minions in all of Final Fight, these guys are absolutely the worst of the worst- a single punch salvo will knock out any one of them, and the only possible challenge they offer is their numbers. Their Health Bars are ridiculously-tiny- barely a quarter that of the heroic characters. Bred and Dug are pallette swaps of each other- Bred wears grey, and Dug wears red and is black. J resembles Fatal Fury's Duck King, wearing a big yellow shirt with blue pants. Bred is best-known for screaming "OH MY GOD!" and openly bawling when his car is destroyed by the heroes in the "Extra Points Round".

TWO P
Role:
Minor Mooks, Street Thugs
PL 4 (42)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+3)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +0

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 3 (42)

TWO P (later on)
Role:
Minor Mooks, Street Thugs
PL 5 (48)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+3)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3, Fortitude +3, Will +0

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 5 (48)

-Two P (named for the 2nd player character in Forgotten Worlds, hence "Two P") looks like J, but wears orange. Later on in the game, you fight tougher Two Ps who have full Health Bars, upgrading his threat. In Final Fight: Streetwise, he's given a small bit where he announces his departure from a life of crime, and helps out the hero while going by "2-III" to differentiate himself from his past. 
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.