Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
M4C8

Re: Shawna Lynde

Post by M4C8 »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:17 am Image

SHAWNA LYNDE
Created By:
Doug Moench & Keith Pollard
First Appearance: Thor #314 (Dec. 1981)
Role: Love Interest
PL 0 (25), PL 3 (25) Saves
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Perception 1 (+3)
Treatment 5 (+8)

Advantages: 
None

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (DC 10), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness +0, Fortitude +2, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Donald Blake)- Shawna's nursed a crush on Blake for years.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 4 (25)

-Shawna Lynde is one of those "mid-term Love Interests" that often get forgotten in the mix- between the 1960s "Generic Love Interest" chicks and the '90s-style "Permanent Love Intersest" types. Deb Whitman is another one of these. She's a med school classmate of Donald Blake's who had a secret crush on him, and once they became colleagues, she became a total Damsel In Distress for Donald/Thor to rescue. With a romantic interest in Thor, she began feuding with "Sybil", who was Sif in disguise, and when Thor dropped the "Donald Blake" identity entirely, Shawna grew worried about his disappearance. Then Fandral appears, says that Blake will never return, pays them some gold coins to pay his debts, and then MIND-WIPES them so they never remember his existence at all.

-Weird, WEIRD story arc. Equal parts "Generic '60s Girlfriend" and "WELP I'm out of ideas, so let's drop the status quo and completely erase all of the Secret Identity stuff!"
In the Avengers movie there's a woman being interviewed on TV that shouts 'I love you Thor!' her name is apparently Shawna Lynde
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (Valkyrie! Magni! Absorbing Man! Fafnir! Loki!)

Post by Ken »

Horsenhero wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:18 am
Ken wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:42 am
Horsenhero wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:55 amStill, since Sean Cassiday is one of my favorite X-men...I'll forgive.
I preferred Parker Stevenson. Oh wait, that was the Hardy Boys. ;)
Well, that would be Shaun Cassidy, not Sean Cassidy anyway. Nice callback to the teenage heart throb my sisters' room was wallpapered with (well, him and Leif Garrett).
My sister's too.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Ken wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:26 pm
Horsenhero wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:18 am
Ken wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:42 am

I preferred Parker Stevenson. Oh wait, that was the Hardy Boys. ;)
Well, that would be Shaun Cassidy, not Sean Cassidy anyway. Nice callback to the teenage heart throb my sisters' room was wallpapered with (well, him and Leif Garrett).
My sister's too.
I vaguely remember Strong Guy making that joke when he's heard of Sean's death.
Last edited by M4C8 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 pm Crypt Keeper vs Monster High
LOL- I like how the writers clearly actually did their research, to the point of knowing Headmistress Bloodgood (or "Mistress Goodhead"), Draculaura's veganism and the actual SPECIFIC puns instead of just making stuff up (Fearleading, Casketball). That could literally have only been written by a fan of their "emo bulimic gangbang" series.
Jabroniville

Heimdall

Post by Jabroniville »

HEIMDALL
Created By:
Stan Lee, Larry Lieber & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Journey Into Mystery #85 (Oct. 1962)
Role: The Watcher
Group Affiliations: Asgard
PL 12 (298)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Asgardian God) 4 (+6)
Expertise (History) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Magic) 2 (+4)
Insight 10 (+14)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 16 (+20)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Blue Flame) 4 (+10)

Advantages:
Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (God), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Axe), Improved Smash, Interpose, Jack-of-All-Trades, Skill Mastery (Perception), Ranged Attack 3, Ultimate Perception Check, Well-Informed

Powers:
"Asgardian Physiology"
Immunity 5 (Aging, Starvation & Thirst, Cold, Disease, Sleep) [5]
Immunity 4 (Drowning & Suffocation, Poison, Pressure) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [2]
Regeneration 2 (Feats: Regrowth) [3]

"View All the Nine Realms"
Senses 17 (Sight- Extended 5: -1/1,000,000 feet, Analytical 2, Penetrates Concealment, Ultra, Microscopic 2: Cell-sized, Low-Light) [17]
Senses 12 (Hearing- Extended 5: -1/1,000,000 feet, Accurate 2, Ultra, Direction & Distance Sense) [12]
Remote Sensing 24 (64,000 miles) (Vision & Hearing) (Feats: Dimensional 3, Subtle 2) [77]

"Gjallerhorn" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [10]
"Sounds the Alarm For All of Asgard" Communication 5 (Auditory) (Feats: Dimensional) (Extras: Area) (Flaws: Limited to Warning, Limited to Asgardians) (16 points)

"Uru Sword" (Flaws: Easily Removable) (Feats: Indestructible) [22]
"Blue Flame" Blast 14 (Feats: Penetrating 6) (34) -- (35 points)
  • AE: Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Penetrating 8) (12)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Uru Sword +11 (+13 Damage, DC 27)
Blue Flame +10 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +10, Fortitude +12, Will +12

Complications:
Responsibility (Guardian of Asgard)- Heimdall's mission is to permanently guard Bifrost (The Rainbow Bridge), and watch for all threats to Asgard.

Total: Abilities: 92 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 148 / Defenses: 17 (298)

Heimdallr in Mythology: Heimdallr is the watchman of Asgard, overseeing Bifrost, the Rainbow Bridge that connects the Nine Realms. He and Loki are fated to die in battle with each other at Ragnarok, which he constantly watches out for, preparing to blow the magical Gjallerhorn, a horn that will alert all the other Gods.

-The brother of Sif, Heimdall is an uber-watchman, guarding the Bifrost for all time. He occasionally gets to do fun stuff in the books, like making time with a forlorn Enchantress (sad after the death of The Executioner), temporarily containing the Odin-Power, etc. He even fought Thor a couple times! This was of course Odin wanting to prevent Thor from hanging out with Jane Foster back in the '60s. And also once because Loki was commanding him to do so. He was defeated by Surtur, who shattered the Bifrost, but eventually recovered. It was during Simonson's run that he comforted Amora over the death of the Executioner, developing feelings for her.

-Heimdall was given the Odinpower and ruled Asgard while Odin was engaged in the "Odinsleep", and oversaw the incident that caused Thor to be banished into the subconscious of Eric Masterson- he was also branded a traitor and banished thanks to the machinations of Loki and Karnilla. It took Amora to save him, descending into the realm of Nightmare to do so. Eventually, however, she left him, realizing that his duty to Asgard was greater than his love for her- his role in the stories is pretty minor after that, and he dies and is resurrected following a Ragnarok. When the Gods return, he is charged with locating many of them, using his enhanced senses.

-Heimdall's pretty much the living embodiment of the "Senses" and "Remote Sensing" Powers, being able to look over all the Nine Realms and pick out the minutest of details- he uses 24 full ranks of Remote Sensing to do this, in addition to Micro & Ultra Vision, Extended and stuff. PLUS he's a great fighter- all of this combines together to make a shockingly-expensive fellow, but since Remote Sensing costs 3 points per rank, and he can see EVERYTHING, it's quite epic.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Re: Loki, God of Mischief

Post by HalloweenJack »

Woodclaw wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:10 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:44 pm Image

And of course this, the finest example of a character-defining moment in a single panel, ever.
That was great, although my personal favorite Loki moment was in the final issue of Lost Gods (i.e. the book that replaced Thor during Heroes Reborn) where Loki appeared in the middle of a mega-battle between Set and all the asgardians after the big bad had turned him into a tree and delivered a genius speech about the fact that, against all odds, he's not evil just terribly bored of his fellow gods.

I liked a comment he made that was sort of like "Ah, if i had a gold coin for every time i had been turned into an inanimate form..."
Woodclaw

Re: Loki, God of Mischief

Post by Woodclaw »

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:59 pm
Woodclaw wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:10 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:44 pm Image

And of course this, the finest example of a character-defining moment in a single panel, ever.
That was great, although my personal favorite Loki moment was in the final issue of Lost Gods (i.e. the book that replaced Thor during Heroes Reborn) where Loki appeared in the middle of a mega-battle between Set and all the asgardians after the big bad had turned him into a tree and delivered a genius speech about the fact that, against all odds, he's not evil just terribly bored of his fellow gods.

I liked a comment he made that was sort of like "Ah, if i had a gold coin for every time i had been turned into an inanimate form..."
Yep that's the one.

I finally found it.

"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Mimir

Post by Jabroniville »

MIMIR (Mimir Burison)
Created By:
Roy Thomas & Sal Buscema
First Appearance: Thor #240 (Oct. 1975)
Role: Prophecy-Giver

Mimir in Mythology: Mimir, also known as Mim, was beheaded during a war between the Aesir and the Vanir- his decapitated head still lives, and bequeaths prophecy and council to the other Gods.

-Mimir appears a decade-plus into the Thor books, given the same role as he has in myth. He is the son of Buri, and the brother of Bor- this makes him Odin's uncle. Sent by Odin to act as a hostage in a war with the Vanir, he was decapitated, and Odin turned him into a flaming head that gave prophesies. The nearly-omniscient Mimir was known to taunt Thor and others, and eventually told all the true nature of Ragnarok- that it was cyclical and had happened before. The character primarily appeared in the "Roy Thomas" era of the late 1970s, but popped up once in 1996, and again in 2004 to explain the Ragnarok thing.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

One of my favorite Heimdall power showings was when Genis-Vel had gone nuts and was invading Asgard, which naturally started with attacking Heimdall. Rick Jones was bonded with Genis psychically at the time, and was notably freaked out by this, yelling at Genis to stop. Heimdall calmly says "I'd listen to your friend if I were you", to which an astonished Genis asks "You can hear him talking IN MY HEAD? Damn."
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

The Dark Gods

Post by Jabroniville »

THE DARK GODS
Created By:
Dan Jurgens & John Romita Jr.
First Appearance: Thor #5 (Nov. 1998)
Role: Mirror Image Villains (to Asgard)
Group Affiliations: The Dark Gods

-The Dark Gods were another part of the "Dan Jurgens" era of the Thor book, appearing throughout the first year on that title's 1998 run, then in a couple other shots in the early 2000s. Thor accidentally frees Perrikus, who soon leads his fellow Dark Gods in overrunning Asgard and capturing Odin (!). They reveal themselves to be the evil opposites of the Norse Gods, having been discovered millennia ago and imprisoned after a huge war. Craving revenge, they plan on wiping out their enemies. Perrikus even slices Mjolnir in half with his own weapon! Thor, Hercules and the Destroyer Armor combined to defeat the villains. The entire group is later slain by Desak the God Slayer, with only Perrikus and Adva surviving. They are later directed by Zarrko the Tomorrow Man to fight Thor, but Thor severs the right arm of Perrikus with the Bloodaxe, causing them to surrender. They have yet to reappear.

-Annoyingly, little exists about their fighting capabilities.

Membership:
PERRIKUS- God of Power Unlimited & Energy Infinite (okay then). He had an axe that could slice through Mjolnir, and was strong enough to battle Thor on an even keel.
TOKKOTS- God of Rhyme. He had Flight, some degree of Super-Strength, could decay things with his touch, and create clones of himself. He attempted to slay Odin, but was killed by someone named Replicus.
SLOTOTH- God of Filth. He had Tentacles that extended.
MAJESTON ZELIA- Leader; Perrikus's mother. She had Energy Blasts and could teleport, and some degree of super-strength.
ADVA- God of Portals & Knowledge. She could teleport virtually everywhere, and see anywhere (Remote Sensing).
D'CHEL- God of Illusion. His Illusions were powerful enough to fool even Odin & Zeus.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Desak

Post by Jabroniville »

DESAK THE GOD SLAYER (Desak Sterixian)
Created By:
Dan Jurgens & Tom Grummett
First Appearance: Thor Annual 2001
Role: Uber-Powerful Villain, Forgotten Character
Group Affiliations: None
PL 16 (139)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 18 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 
Expertise (Ruler) 5 (+7)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 7 (+10)
Perception 4 (+7)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Favored Foe (Gods), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown

Powers:
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Senses 7 (Godhood Awareness- Ranged 3, Acute, Analytical) [7]

Energy Blasts 18 (Feats: Improved Critical) (37) -- [38]
  • AE: Teleport 10 (Extras: Easy) (30)
"Magical Weapons" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [6]
Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 7) (10 points)

"Amulet of Power" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [46]
Weaken All Abilities 15 (Extras: Ranged, Simultaneous) (45)
"Boost Powers" Variable 4 (Own Powers) (Extras: Continuous) (Flaws: Limited to Amount of Life-Force Taken) (28)
-- (73 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Weapons +10 (+22 Damage, DC 37)
Weaken Powers +8 (+15 Ranged Weaken, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +18 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +18, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Killing Gods)- Desak slew the God he once worshipped, and now takes this to be his mission.

Total: Abilities: 120 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 124 / Defenses: 13 (276)

-Desak is from a 2001 Thor Annual, and was created by Dan Jurgens in order to wipe out the Dark Gods that Jurgens himself had created. Cleaning up loose ends? Desak worships some being called Kronnitt, but kills it after receiving some weapons, when Kronnitt punishes him for refusing some magic items after sacrificing his own daughter to the God. Desak thinks this to be his new mission- slaying Gods. He kills two Gods who were attempting to kill their own people, then encounters Thor, Beta Ray Bill & Hercules. He later slaughters almost all of the Dark Gods, who'd been created to vex Asgard only two years earlier, leaving only Perrikus & Adva. Zarrko the Tomorrow Man then confronts Desak, telling him of the threat posed by King Thor, now that Odin is dead- Desak then attacks the Thunder God, nearly killing him. He absorbs the Odinforce in a futile attack, but Thialfi then intervenes and gives Thor the Bloodaxe, which he uses to decapitate Desak.

-Desak returns many years later, after Thor has conquered the Earth in a future timeline. He merges with the Destroyer Armor and confronts Thor, who realizes the error of his ways, then kills Desak once more.

-Desak is powerful enough to beat the ever-loving crap out of Thor, who needs the death-weapon The Bloodaxe in order to win, so he's at least PL 16. With some "New Villain Stink", this makes him extraordinarily powerful.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Those Who Sit Above In Shadow

Post by Jabroniville »

THOSE WHO SIT ABOVE IN SHADOW
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Paul Smith
First Appearance: X-Men & Alpha Flight #1 (Dec. 1985)
Role: Mysterious Shadowy Figures
Group Affiliations: The Asgardian Pantheon

-Those Who Sit Above In Shadow are the oddly-named, Viking-dressing figures who appeared in shadow during an X-Men & Alpha Flight Limited Series by Chris Claremont. They were said to draw energy from the continual cycle of Ragnarok- the deaths of the Norse Gods, which were said to happen again and again. They alleged to have been the creators of the Norse Gods. Loki attempted to win their favor, but was rejected. Thor eventually broke their hold over the fate of Asgard, hanging himself from Yggdrasil (the World Tree) for wisdom. Those Who Sit Above In Shadow perished along with the rest of Asgard during the "final" Ragnarok, but did not return with the Asgardians.

-They popped up again right before the Incursions of Infinity, telling Odin that all reality was ending. Loki survived the end along with several Asgardians, and Those Who Sit Above demanded the resulting energies- Loki rejected them, running them off with the suggestion that the Gods of the Gods didn't create the Gods... they were themselves created by the stories of the Gods, the same way Gods were created by the stories of Men.

-The power of these beings is alleged to be vastly stronger than that of Asgardians, but they were never seen fighting or doing anything other than teleporting Loki away from their realm.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spam

Re: Desak

Post by Spam »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:17 am Image
And this is why Darkseid shaves.
Jabroniville

xxxxxx

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, he's one of those guys I didn't have an image of while statting, but when I went looking for pics, I was like "... REALLY?"